PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Professional

TTrader
23-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Hello All,

Just wanting to know if any local traders have used or still do use on a regular basis the Bloomberg Professional service.

My trading volumes on commodities and forex have risen enough over the last few months to factor the cost in.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the news feeds?, have seen a number of the charts and historical data which looks great.
:)

Dr_Who
23-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Whats the link and how much does it cost?

David Hardman
27-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Hello All,

Just wanting to know if any local traders have used or still do use on a regular basis the Bloomberg Professional service.

My trading volumes on commodities and forex have risen enough over the last few months to factor the cost in.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the news feeds?, have seen a number of the charts and historical data which looks great.
:)

What's the going rate for Bloomberg these days.. Around $2,000 a month?

You must be doing quite a bit of turnover. Its been sometime since I've used a Bloombergs but recall the news coverage being fantastic. Well out of my price bracket though.

I'm using Spark (http://iguana2.com/spark) for my market info but I'm only trading Aussie Equities/cfds

TTrader
29-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Sorry about the delay...

I was quoted 1,900USD P/M.... Will be split 50/50 between myself and a trading partner which does help the cost...

The news feeds themselves should give us a slight lead on the mainstream media but it is the charts and historical data I am most interested in.

FarmerGeorge
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi TTrader, I work with one of these daily at my firm - if your personal trading profits justify the cost base then you're well ahead of most!
I might be able to help with any questions you have.