PDA

View Full Version : NZX and Incredible charts

whirly
25-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi any IC users. Can you please tell me the easiest way to get NZX into incredible charts so I can use the filters.

TIA
whirly

Lotto
25-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Whirly you have to put: For NZX: y_aia.nz For ASX: fgl_ax The data comes off yahoo I think

whirly
25-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks Lotto, yep i can do individual stocks alright but Id like to import all NZX codes into a folder so I can then run a stock screen on that folder.

There must be an easy way so I dont have to add each individual stock to a watchlist which is the only way Ive worked out so far.

Lotto
25-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi Whirly have managed to get file in correct format I have just imported it and works OK I took the NZX codes from NZX site and converted it..not sure how to post an attachment here though

whirly
25-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi Lotto
Thanks for that - Ive managed to save the codes as a notepad file. What format did you save it as? Its gotta be ascii but I dont know what program will save in that.

w

Lotto
25-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi whirly In Explorer I copied the file which I had originally made up in IC by using y_aia.nz etc renamed, deleted data, then copy / paste codes into this file and saved it . One ommission - I can get the file on the watchlist display and displays charts etc, but when i go to get it in Screener it wont appear, I think the screener only works with the Detailed Exchanges listed in the Exchange list. (I didnt check the screener part till just now) Perhaps you can work it out if you do would be good to know

whirly
25-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I dont really get you. But Ill have a go. I fear you may be right about the screener not working. darn!

Ill let you know if I have any luck.

w

Lotto
25-04-2009, 09:15 PM
whirly if you go into explorer and find where IC is - look under your "sign on" name for your PC (thats if you have one) within IC - in this folder you will find a *.viz file this is the format you need - open it up in notepad then follow the other instructions by copying it etc

whirly
25-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Found it.

Thanks Lotto.

Itll be tomorrow now before I get a chance to go any further, Ill update you then and thanks again.
w.

whirly
26-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Alright Ive managed to get the whole of the NZX saved into IC as a watchlist which is pretty cool in itself.

What I would really get excited about is being able to use the stock screener on it. Currently can only use exchanges specified by IC. I even tried replacing the world_index files with my nzx one to trick it but... it didnt work. It seems to update every time I log on and Im back to their original file. Any computer gurus know how I might get round this one?

Thanks to Lotto for getting me this far.

Whirly

AMR
26-04-2009, 09:31 PM
The data for the NZX ones come from yahoo, not the incredible charts servers. You might need to rig up something via yahoo or google finance for the scanning.

dragonz
27-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I think you'll find that the data is usually at least 2 days old when it comes from yahoo.