PDA

View Full Version : posting?

sharer
29-04-2009, 02:18 PM
What am i doing wrongly?
After composing a thoughtful reply to a thread or individual post, pressing the post button, the invisible beast announces You can't do that, please Login. I do so and, so far, the posting of my wee contribution went ahead ok. Except today, it all just disappeared somewhere. I have not the time to repeat the effort.
It is very irritating. Seemingly something forces logout after a short period - surely this is counterproductive, & frustrates the effort to make a small contribution to discussion?

Mick100
29-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Yes , annoying isn't it
All you have to do, to avoid getting logged off while writing a post, is to tick the "remember me" box on the top right hand side next to your username

sharer
30-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks Mick100 - very helpful.

30-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Also, until sorted out, take a copy of what you typed so you can paste it to a new attempt. I do that when using xtra webmail which has a tendency to "fail to send" then leaves you with a blank message page. Frustrating.

OldRider
30-04-2009, 01:47 PM
After similar problems previously I started having Word open in a second window,typing a post in this, then copying to the forum just prior to sending. Any problems and your post remains in Word. This post was done this way.

sharer
30-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks 777 & Absolut-Advance. Will take yr advice.

I did reluctantly finally register for Telecom's new-fangled Yahoo email thing a few days ago. Hadnt thought of that complication. Why on earth TEL contracted out the email i dunno. There has been nothing but trouble from Yahoo with lost messages as misidentified spam, counterbalanced by an annoying intrusion of new spammers offering larger penises and a great number of apparently enthusiastic recipients for same.

Basil Brush
05-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks 777 & Absolut-Advance. Will take yr advice.
an annoying intrusion of new spammers offering larger penises and a great number of apparently enthusiastic recipients for same.

Is that being upgraded from junior member to senior member? ;)