PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Beginner

NZerinJapan
06-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Im an absolute beginner and I thinking about getting into Forex.I live in Japan and there are courses that can be taken and also people who teach and also act as mentors. Do people here recomend these courses and or mentors? Does anyone have any advise?

fungus pudding
06-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Im an absolute beginner and I thinking about getting into Forex.I live in Japan and there are courses that can be taken and also people who teach and also act as mentors. Do people here recomend these courses and or mentors? Does anyone have any advise?

Yes. Be careful.

Xerof
06-05-2009, 07:06 PM
you'll more than likely be the Krill

If you really want to get into this, get one of the free charting platforms and DEMO trade for at least two years

NZerinJapan
06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow 2 years?

roddy
06-05-2009, 09:59 PM
HI NZerinJapan,

there is some free info on the web,some of which is quite good,
have a look at babypips.com is quite a good starting place,yeah and also have a look at
forexpeacearmy website under signal services a lot of whom do mentoring etc ,there you will get an idea of just how many so called experts just dont make the grade, they only want your hard earned cash

NZerinJapan
07-05-2009, 01:19 AM
thanks everyone, I appreciate your help and time.

I am planning to go to these guys in Tokyo and see what I can learn, what do you think?

http://www.tokyotraders.com/index.php?page=school

Thanks in advance

peat
07-05-2009, 10:40 AM
theres heaps of stuff for free on the net. even in these forex threads here on sharetrader theres enough information to keep you going for a while.

personally I think that while demo is useful theres nothing like trading with real money. Of course you need a plan and a strategy etc but all that stuff is rendered redundant if your emotions get in the way and trading with real money - even if its small amounts - engages your emotions and makes it more realistic hence a better training ground. I always get blase in demo but trading small amounts for real makes me care about the result without devastating my finances.

no more than %2 of your risk capital per trade
always have a stop loss
plan the trade, trade the plan

TTrader
07-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Demo trading is definitely a good start at least from the perspective of using the platform and getting familiar with the tools as apposed to trying to turn a profit.

If you have ever played cash poker games it should give you an idea on the emotional side of things. You need to plan, stick to the math when it is required and be prepared to take a loss. At the end of the day it is still a form of gambling no matter how much information and experience you have.

Another good place to start is online Blogs, which should give you an insight on what it is like getting into Forex...

The reality is it's not a get rich quick scheme like many are making it out to be at the moment (Huge rise in online ads ect. anyone?)...

Most of all just have fun doing it if you can archive this then you should be able to pickup on things much quicker.

Goodluck! :)

TTrader
07-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Demo trading is awesome. I started an practice account with oranda? (something like that) and watched my $100,000 play money drop to $78,000 in two weeks. I learned my lesson quick and haven't been back there since. :rolleyes:

Any S/T members want to loan me $100,000 so I can try it for real? ;)

The thing you have to remember with demo accounts is the fact they are not live... They simply react to data being sent to the client.. (you are buying and selling thin air!)

In a real world situation you are not going to have the "instant" buy/sell action you have on a demo account as you will be competing within the market... Especially in peak times you will notice you may loose the odd pip. Comes down to the platform and broker as well.

miner
07-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Forex is the best place I have ever found to make or LOOSE sh*tloads of money really FAST,NO ONE makes money for you so do your own homework and find a system that works for you.

Play with a demo to start with but then as peat says go real on a micro account as demo and real are two VERY different things,I think in this game you either have it or you don't and there is NO middle ground,remember MOST people that play this game just end up giving there money to the few that get it right.

Also play the pips NOT the money as in be happy when you make 10-20 pips,take the pips rather than thinking sh*t only $1-2 on the micro,as you got it right your system works,start small build up as in do the same just up the $ per pip SLOWLY as one big bad trade can wipe out lots of little ones.

If your an emotional person that cant handle loosing money DON'T even bother,anyway BEST of luck and remember prisoners are SHOT in this game.

Cheers
Miner

peat
07-05-2009, 02:28 PM
The thing you have to remember with demo accounts is the fact they are not live... They simply react to data being sent to the client.. (you are buying and selling thin air!)

In a real world situation you are not going to have the "instant" buy/sell action you have on a demo account as you will be competing within the market... Especially in peak times you will notice you may loose the odd pip. Comes down to the platform and broker as well.

I wouldnt expect this to be a factor unless you are a huge player... esp in the major pairs.
my take on it is that your trades will win or lose on your abilities NOT whether you trade with a 3 pip spread or a 4 pip spread. there are plenty of pips to be made IF you can get it right. spread or execution is the least of your worries imo.

TTrader
07-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I wouldnt expect this to be a factor unless you are a huge player... esp in the major pairs.
my take on it is that your trades will win or lose on your abilities NOT whether you trade with a 3 pip spread or a 4 pip spread. there are plenty of pips to be made IF you can get it right. spread or execution is the least of your worries imo.

Agreed peat, but it is definitely something you have to take into account... Obviously if you were making a big loss on a demo account you wouldn't be taking the step to a live account anyway :)