PDA

View Full Version : C C U any views?

whatsup
11-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Cobar Con Res.

trackers
11-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Too many shares (insto placement and employee SPP) going out the door at 50% discount for my liking

whatsup
12-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Up 50% in 2days and loooooooooooking great, dyor and youll be verry surprised, a 5 bagger coming up!!!.

zero
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
A silver play, theres a few silver bulls out there. A lot of aus mining stocks been doing well last month or so. Sounds like they have a lucrative project though at this stage not a long mine life.

soulman
12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Yep, I am with you tracks.....

It seems there is a lot of uneducated investors out there that thought the record date is the ex-SPP whereas the ex happen on the 11th May.

On the con, CCU looks good value.

whatsup
13-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Soul... where does it say re the 11 th?

soulman
13-05-2009, 06:56 PM
That's the problem dude, it doesn't.

The record date is the 15th and hence, the ex date is the 11th.

whatsup
13-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Soul... I have phoned the company and they said that the qualifying date is the 15th which is Friday , most of the broking houses send the shares weekly off to the company and the ASX every Thursday which gives the electronic registry time to register the shares electronicly that day(Thurs) in preparedness for Fridaye transactions.

JBmurc
21-05-2009, 09:43 AM
investor presentation...looking at CCU... silver will fly soon imho

http://hotcopper.com.au/announcementFiles/2009/CCU/25f6b259-10eb-4d78-abb6-4234175b6f33-CCU318129.pdf

Lego_Man
21-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Got in today at 10c

*ramp*

JBmurc
21-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Got in today at 10c

*ramp*

yeah I'm waiting at 8.8c bring on the sellers which looks like you brought a few out with 211,000 at 10c

JBmurc
01-06-2009, 11:21 PM
yeah I'm waiting at 8.8c bring on the sellers which looks like you brought a few out with 211,000 at 10c

got a few at 9.1c silver's looking like it's going to explode soon $20oz before the yrs out...

soulman
09-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Sold half my CCU last week (a stupid thing to do in hindsight) but still got exposure. Bought in the early 6 cents so that's OK I supposed. Good volume accumulation in the last week or two and looks good today. Must go with gut feeling these days and shoulda bought back some more this week especially with the volume that went through on Monday 7th Sept.

Lego_Man
12-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Probably nothing new to most of you here, but thought i'd just quickly post up a chart for a bit of a general overview. Feel free to suggest additions.

Some big volume coming in with the rise in silver price and capital raising behind us (for now). Cleanly broken out of the recent trading range with an accelerating uptrend. Probably be decent resistance at the 10c mark judging by the sell depth, so perhaps some accumulation opportunities around the 8-10c mark as i doubt the SP can continue to increase at its current parabolic rate.

JBmurc
12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Sold half my CCU last week (a stupid thing to do in hindsight) but still got exposure. Bought in the early 6 cents so that's OK I supposed. Good volume accumulation in the last week or two and looks good today. Must go with gut feeling these days and shoulda bought back some more this week especially with the volume that went through on Monday 7th Sept.

your not the only one brought some at 6.3c sold them for not much higher because of the grades to tons strip ratio an costs per oz off current reserves made profit look abit slim still Market won't care if the Silver prices keeps moving north

soulman
13-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I sold the rest for 8.9 cents on Friday. The sell order was set already on Thurs so thems the break.

CCU SP was lagging the rest of other miners and just catching up. A low MC so upside potential is huge.

whatsup
14-09-2009, 01:02 PM
UP UP AND AWAY TODAY, go you good thing .125 plus so far today up 25% wow!!!

whatsup
14-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Sorry now .135, 40% double WOW+++

JBmurc
14-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Sorry now .135, 40% double WOW+++

I remember MMN went strong as well hopefully CCU don't turn out like MMN very little pure silver plays out there

STRAT
21-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Sorry now .135, 40% double WOW+++Hi Whatsup,
was 20 for a brief time this morning. You must be pleased :D

whatsup
21-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Obviously theres some news of a upgrade of the silver resource it currently is at 44mil OZ's and with silver at a 5 year high of $17 U S this looks good for a profitable mine with a life of 10-12 years + and a total pay back of 4 years on the infustrusture cost .
But .20 is way above my "short term " expectation value considering the shares were offered at a SPP of .06 some 4 months ago, timing is everything!!

Lego_Man
21-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Time to rename myself Lego_Moron for selling out at 13c?

STRAT
21-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Time to rename myself Lego_Moron for selling out at 13c?Dont beat your self up about it Lego Man. It probably wont be the last time either.
I did the same with ATIO. In at 0.6 out at 1.8. That sounds great eh?, till you look and see its now 2.5 :eek:

whatsup
21-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Guys , bl@@dy hard to be a good/great trader, I guess the only way is to set a target sell price when buying and achieve that, but we're all driven by greed and fear!!!

brettdale
22-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Bought in to ccu today, probably going to hold for a while, instead of a short term trade.

whatsup
22-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Road show tonight in Aussie so maybe some action tomorrow or the next day or the next ....., have a look on Hot Copper under CCU for comments some good alot of B S and ramping!

whatsup
22-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Brett....., have a look at the presentation that was shown todayon the co's web site and digest the info, this is a real silver biggee imho.

brettdale
22-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Conference presentation released, Only down a cent, some low buy borders, any thoughts?

I'm thinking this thing will be played, if you have a strong stomach though, may be a long termer, yep Hot copper has a fair share of rampers.

whatsup
22-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Brett...., The real news/company maker is the upward revision in the silver resource at 44mil oz's the market is picking on several mill more oz being proven/discovered in the next round of drill results . That could easily double the proven resource and then we really would have a great silver mine enough for 10 + years mining at a low cost structure sub $ 10 Aust!

drillfix
12-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Bought in the early 6 cents so that's OK I supposed. .

Hey Soulman, JB, Whas, Strat, you guys still holding these?

Its been funny just sitting watching this stock run up (now 37c) and always wondering when its gonna fall backl.

Dont ya think its starting to become a little bit Hot Potato now?

whatsup
12-11-2009, 01:56 PM

Its been funny just sitting watching this stock run up (now 37c) and always wondering when its gonna fall backl.

Still there .06 to .38 not tooooooooooo bad, just wait until the new drill results are released , shouldnt be tooooooo long now.

Lego_Man
12-11-2009, 02:08 PM

Damn right.

This is the kind of stock that makes you feel like a **** trader...you pick it nice and early based on fundamentals, then it takes off and you sell into spikes...meanwhile it just keeps going vertical and you miss out on a 5 bagger...

whatsup
12-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Still there .06 to .38 not tooooooooooo bad, just wait until the new drill results are released , shouldnt be tooooooo long now.

.40 and still heading north where it will end who knows, but this is a goodie for the SPP buyers at .06 and now almost a 7 bagger !!!

brettdale
12-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Bought at 18 then sold at 22, then bought again at 25 and sold at 37 today.

I just get too nervous and dont want to be greedy. If it drops back to 30 I would probably get back in.

brettdale
12-11-2009, 08:58 PM

Wow well done!!!

JBmurc
12-11-2009, 09:19 PM

I'm as happy about CCU as I am in my Golf game today turning a 38/8 to 101/18

Think I sold my CCU round 6c had 200,000

I see that digger driller report sees CCU $1+

I sold because the prospect cost to mine per ton an the average grades per ton didn't look very pofitable IMHO would be surprised if CCU rockets over $1 without mining any silver

drillfix
13-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Bought at 18 then sold at 22, then bought again at 25 and sold at 37 today.

I just get too nervous and dont want to be greedy. If it drops back to 30 I would probably get back in.

Like your approach your style there Brettdale, although no need to be nervous. A good profit with some sound entries and exits, well done.

drillfix
13-11-2009, 03:21 AM
I'm as happy about CCU as I am in my Golf game today turning a 38/8 to 101/18

Think I sold my CCU round 6c had 200,000

I see that digger driller report sees CCU $1+

I sold because the prospect cost to mine per ton an the average grades per ton didn't look very pofitable IMHO would be surprised if CCU rockets over $1 without mining any silver

JB, thats quite a few at 6c mate.

I would have thought you would have done a slow distribution as it were trading upwards.

Are you still holding any for the long term?

JBmurc
13-11-2009, 10:19 AM
JB, thats quite a few at 6c mate.

I would have thought you would have done a slow distribution as it were trading upwards.

Are you still holding any for the long term?

wish I did sadly I took a small 10% profit on them-
I brought in original because I'm very bullish Silver going north
Reason I sold-
The overall mineral inventory at Wonawinta has increased to 50Moz Ag and
226,000t Pb, with 60% of the inventory upgraded from inferred to indicated
resource status. The most recent inferred resource estimate was 44Moz Ag at an
average silver grade of 48g/t.
Now 48g is round 1.5oz of silver+ lead per ton of ore processed now I remember them talking of costs of round $20 per ton of ore Silver is round $18oz AUD also they did say recovers could be as low as 60% as you can see profit could be very slim,I did just read CCU see costs to recover silver lead sub $7 who knows till they start to produce the way the SP has gone of late the market must see something I don't

I did invest the funds from CCU into TRY which produces Gold,silver now at a nice profit with their 3rd mine to open late next year taking their production to 100,000 gold for a cost of $90per oz because of the silver credit(if silver goes even higher TRY costs per oz of gold could well be free)I paid 1.28 for TRY now 2.65 + divies an rights 1-6 $2ps

drillfix
13-11-2009, 12:09 PM
All said and done, Well done JB.

There is no remorse in the markets, just profits and losses.

Good job on TRY, what an excellent choice where to plant profits ;)

whatsup
28-11-2009, 08:49 AM
More good news ,see their web page. there must be a up grade of the silver resource now , great for this silver company with silver at its very high price.

JBmurc
15-03-2010, 10:00 PM
More good news ,see their web page. there must be a up grade of the silver resource now , great for this silver company with silver at its very high price.

- jnr market investors not so keen to hold CCU down at 18c on close might well have to keep an eye on them a JORC would help with a final fes study

ob1kinobi
18-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Anyone still following/holding this one?

Up over 50% since the start of the month on pretty decent volume.

I don't know much about the FA but its certainly got legs at the mo!

JBmurc
18-02-2011, 04:03 PM

Yeah it has and likely to continue on the back of further Silver rise only wish I never sold my original lot

shasta
18-02-2011, 11:28 PM

FA is that they are due to be in production late 2011 & with cash costs around $A6/oz due to the lead credits, very impressive margin

ob1kinobi
19-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Are you holding Shasta?

I've got a friend who's been buying silver bars for the past year. He likes the Fundamentals. ie use in cellphones? and modern technology if I recall correctly.

Can't argue with the lift in the silver price yesterday either.

Will be watching with interest

yogi-in-oz
19-02-2011, 06:06 PM
:)

Hi folks,

CCU ... expecting a positive time cycle to bring the market
spotlight onto this one, around 22022011 ... :)

have a great day

paul

===

shasta
19-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Are you holding Shasta?

I've got a friend who's been buying silver bars for the past year. He likes the Fundamentals. ie use in cellphones? and modern technology if I recall correctly.

Can't argue with the lift in the silver price yesterday either.

Will be watching with interest

Not holding CCU

Market Cap is a bit rich for me, but a decent looking company all the same.

The cash costs with lead credits are superior to AYN's expected costs, which now leaves ARD as the undervalued Silver play left

JBmurc
19-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Not holding CCU

Market Cap is a bit rich for me, but a decent looking company all the same.

The cash costs with lead credits are superior to AYN's expected costs, which now leaves ARD as the undervalued Silver play left

ARD a good few years from production a negative Have sold my lot re-invested into AYN higher costs but a soon to be production should re-rate over the next year

shasta
19-02-2011, 11:53 PM
ARD a good few years from production a negative Have sold my lot re-invested into AYN higher costs but a soon to be production should re-rate over the next year

Yeah, i should have said i like ARD for the undervalued explorer category in Silver, still prefer AYN in the sector & it should beat CCU into production

JBmurc
20-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah, i should have said i like ARD for the undervalued explorer category in Silver, still prefer AYN in the sector & it should beat CCU into production

yeah didn't make much out of my ARDO investment but within one month making a very tidy gain in AYN will be looking at ARD once the USN distrubuation have been done may well pick ARD up in the low teens depending on the silver price which is breaking out...

ARD is a good explorer investment I see now in their latest Presentation they talk of a 30moz JORC resource

I also have some funds in ARV Gold-REO explorer which has had some very good Silver drill results along with good Gold grades

shasta
20-02-2011, 08:54 AM
yeah didn't make much out of my ARDO investment but within one month making a very tidy gain in AYN will be looking at ARD once the USN distrubuation have been done may well pick ARD up in the low teens depending on the silver price which is breaking out...

ARD is a good explorer investment I see now in their latest Presentation they talk of a 30moz JORC resource

I also have some funds in ARV Gold-REO explorer which has had some very good Silver drill results along with good Gold grades

Check some of the crazy grades that CLU have eg, 4.3m @ 3,830 g/t Ag! (M Cap ~$8m @ 0.075, not much cash though)

whatsup
21-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Check some of the crazy grades that CLU have eg, 4.3m @ 3,830 g/t Ag! (M Cap ~$8m @ 0.075, not much cash though)

Shasta, Quite a bit of interest today, small buying presumably off your comments !!, great research , keep them coming.

shasta
21-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Shasta, Quite a bit of interest today, small buying presumably off your comments !!, great research , keep them coming.

Not sure i can take any credit for that, wasnt me buying any.

Have a few more companies to put thru the low EV list criteria, so will post more about any other gems i come across ;)

JBmurc
21-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Not sure i can take any credit for that, wasnt me buying any.

Have a few more companies to put thru the low EV list criteria, so will post more about any other gems i come across ;)

Espiritu Santo does look like an very nice high grade old mine that like many in Mexico haven't been overly explored

--MAR went well today up 20%

shasta
21-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Espiritu Santo does look like an very nice high grade old mine that like many in Mexico haven't been overly explored

--MAR went well today up 20%

MAR is on the list, but im put off by there Gold focus, as opposed to Silver

JBmurc
22-02-2011, 08:32 PM
MAR is on the list, but im put off by there Gold focus, as opposed to Silver

CLU trading halt cap raising on it's way going keep my eye on these guys a cheap entry if cap raising looks the goods

shasta
22-02-2011, 08:39 PM
CLU trading halt cap raising on it's way going keep my eye on these guys a cheap entry if cap raising looks the goods

Quick look at my spreadsheet shows CLU @ 31/12 only had $0.67m cash so a capital raising this quarter was always on the cards.

Not silver companies, but CZN & AIV off the low EV list also look like they will need cash raisings if not this quarter the next, so cheaper entries ahead possibly?

CZN has its own thread, AIV i'll get to doing at some stage

ob1kinobi
23-02-2011, 08:44 AM

Hi folks,

CCU ... expecting a positive time cycle to bring the market
spotlight onto this one, around 22022011 ... :)

have a great day

paul

===

Indeed a 4%+ lift yesterday so I guess you were on the money.

I've seen your posts on this and other threads often refering to 'a positive time cycle' and in this case including the date also.

What exactly are you refering to? Is this some kind of system your operating, or your own educated guess?

I'm intrigued

Lego_Man
23-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Indeed a 4%+ lift yesterday so I guess you were on the money.

I've seen your posts on this and other threads often refering to 'a positive time cycle' and in this case including the date also.

What exactly are you refering to? Is this some kind of system your operating, or your own educated guess?

I'm intrigued

Dont bother, it's superstitious bollocks (astrology).

whatsup
08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
your not the only one brought some at 6.3c sold them for not much higher because of the grades to tons strip ratio an costs per oz off current reserves made profit look abit slim still Market won't care if the Silver prices keeps moving north $1.00 now and rising J B & soulman !!

asc4
19-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Looks like tomorrow is the latest to pay via BPay for the rights issue. I'd be interested to know if anyone holding tooks their full entitlements up? I am considering it, have an OZ acc so might do it last minute, I don't have a large holding.

POSSUM THE CAT
19-05-2011, 02:55 PM
ASC4Will B/Pay get it there by 5PM usually to do this it has to be payed the day before the closing day

asc4
19-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Yep so I have a desicion to make by 5pm AEST today...hmmmm

shasta
24-05-2011, 02:19 AM
CCU - Investor Presentation

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CCU&E=ASX&N=355262

Page 3 spells it all out, the economics of the project easily surpass those of AYN, 2.5m/oz @ a gross profit margin of say $A25/oz, = gross profit of $62.5m (Assumes PoS av $A35/oz, & cash costs ~$A10/oz), 1st full year even @ 2m/oz equates to $50m gross profit before indirect costs etc.

Only a rough guide re the above figures, but thats based on 12.8m/oz over 5 years, assuming only 14m of the 51m/oz are recoverable!

whatsup
24-05-2011, 10:57 AM
CCU - Investor Presentation

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CCU&E=ASX&N=355262

Page 3 spells it all out, the economics of the project easily surpass those of AYN, 2.5m/oz @ a gross profit margin of say $A25/oz, = gross profit of $62.5m (Assumes PoS av $A35/oz, & cash costs ~$A10/oz), 1st full year even @ 2m/oz equates to $50m gross profit before indirect costs etc.

Only a rough guide re the above figures, but thats based on 12.8m/oz over 5 years, assuming only 14m of the 51m/oz are recoverable!

Shasta, Why in your view is such a small (27%) % is recoverable !!

shasta
24-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Shasta, Why in your view is such a small (27%) % is recoverable !!

Not my personal view its as per the presentation, but from what i've seen extracting high %ages of silver seems to be the exception rather than the rule, i wonder if the costs or ability to extract it, make it less viable, or whether the technology & equipment isnt available, not too sure.

Perhaps someone can enlighten us?

whatsup
25-05-2011, 11:18 AM
DEvelopement application approval received, another brick in the wall. building from a sound base.

asc4
25-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Thought I'd stick it in whatsup:

Cobar Consolidated Resources Limited (ASX:CCU) announced today that it had
received development approval for the Wonawinta Silver Project.
Development approval was obtained from the Western Region Joint Regional
Planning Panel, at a meeting in Cobar yesterday evening.
The Development Application (DA) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) were
lodged with Cobar Shire Council on 22 December 2010. After consultation with
government agencies the Company received general terms of approval and these
were considered at the Panel meeting yesterday evening.
The development approval allows the Company to move forward with project
development work on site and other infrastructure works associated with the
project.
Having received development approval the Company can move forward with the
application for a mining lease and approval of a mine operations plan.

Moving along, but still think a Dec First Silver Pour is ambitious, I feel sometime near the end of the 1st qtr 2012 would be more likely, but then again orders for equipment etc. have already been made, motivated mangement here, with lots of shares to boot!

JBmurc
01-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Once again a CCU shareholder decided to sell my ARD awhile ago an take the quick 15% profit , as I'm so bullish on Silver going forward an there isn't much on offer outside AYN CCU if you want to get on board a 2012 silver focused producers ....
2.5moz production low costs with lead credits 2012 should well see another major re-rate that I hope to be on board this time..

asc4
13-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Mining Lease
Cobar Consolidated Resources Limited (ASX:CCU) announced today that it had received offer
terms from the NSW Office of Resources and Energy (Minerals Titles) for the grant of a
Mining Lease for the Wonawinta Silver Project.
The Office has advised that it will recommend the lease be granted subject to the payment
of the application fee and lodgement of the required security. The Company is reviewing the
terms of the lease and will respond to the Office shortly.

TICK!!!!

asc4
26-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Silver really crashing, but low costs and funding should keep this going through this latest onslaught.

also... 1million oz put options at $30...so I am I right to think that if silver drops to $20 (like some say) and the options cost around 400K (hotcopper guess 40c per contract), CCU could buy on market 1mill ozs at $20 and sell to option giver at $30 making a net of 9.6million!!

Is that right??

Option expires Nov 2011...so CCU could be making money before even mining

JBmurc
26-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Sounds good......can't believe the fearfull selling in CCU today tried to get more at 61.5c maybe tomorrow.....think many sellers will be kicking themselves 6 months from here..IMHO CCU will easy be double current SP ..

JBmurc
27-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Sounds good......can't believe the fearfull selling in CCU today tried to get more at 61.5c maybe tomorrow.....think many sellers will be kicking themselves 6 months from here..IMHO CCU will easy be double current SP ..

Gutted should have paid up on close yesterday 62-64c up 20% today...was always going rebound still buying 10k@ 66.5c 12k@ 71.5 has helped bring down the averge to the high 70's

shasta
28-09-2011, 11:07 PM
CCU - Company Presentation

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CCU&E=ASX&N=361743

Another silver stock about to commence production & with low cash costs make them a high profit margin stock & quick capex payback

Also touches on there base metal projects, plenty to like

asc4
19-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Suspended...Finance issues?

I thought the finance was secured. Only thing I'll be happy with, and only slightly, would be a raising to Soph Investrs at a premium.

asc4
21-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Private placement of 20million shares at 65c at an 18% discount, and a 3 month delay till planned commisioning.

JBmurc
31-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Project Finance Facility Signed
Cobar Consolidated Resources (ASX:CCU) announced today that it had signed a $22M project finance facility with Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA). The purpose of the facility is to complete construction of the Wonawinta silver Project.
The project finance facility includes;
• • • •
$11M 3 year term loan facility $2.5M working capital facility $2.5M cost over-run facility $6M security bond facility
Drawdown of the term loan is subject to satisfaction of conditions precedent, the most significant of which are grant of the mining lease and transfer of the water licence.
Managing Director Ian Lawrence said, “We appreciate CBA’s support in completing the documentation, particularly in light of the late withdrawal of the other project financier.”
The project finance facility will require the Company to hedge 30% of its estimated silver production over the first 3 years of the project life.
The Company has agreed to issue 500,000 options to CBA under the terms of the Facility. An Appendix 3B will follow this release.
Media and investor enquiries: Trevor Shard, Company Secretary Telephone: (03) 9866 8613

asc4
17-11-2011, 06:36 PM
well this looks sad at the moment, at least it has funding to get to commissioning by the end of March 2012.

the options have a excise price in the 90-odd c region.

But I think if silver trends between 35-45 for 2012 this should be a cash cow, if they meet their cost targets 6.50oz. I think they will look to hedge as late as possible. Its a rough market and raising capital is pretty hard

My thoughts of a $2 shareprice come commisioning are all but out the window. $1 would be nice at the mo :)

JBmurc
17-11-2011, 06:41 PM
yes sad SP of late glad to have sold near half my holding at much higher levels should have sold the lot unless Silver booms CCU won't be going anywhere till FEB-MARCH 12

JBmurc
07-01-2012, 09:46 AM
looking to get back on board CCU during next week mid 50's with silver down a touch ...will soon be back on the radar of many investors as CCU still looks to be the best pure silver play going with a low likely costs $10 -- $6-7 with lead credits plently margin in place ..not long to production ..If silver goes where I believe it will CCU will be making $ EPS

shasta
07-01-2012, 12:52 PM
looking to get back on board CCU during next week mid 50's with silver down a touch ...will soon be back on the radar of many investors as CCU still looks to be the best pure silver play going with a low likely costs $10 -- $6-7 with lead credits plently margin in place ..not long to production ..If silver goes where I believe it will CCU will be making $ EPS

Definitely my preferred Silver play now, over AYN, due to there low cash costs, even if +20% out, still a very healthy profit margin.

CCU was my "6th" stock for the ASX comp, KZL has some silver as a by-product, but the share price has been beaten down hence the inclusion over CCU.

Corporate
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey guys, the reading i've done suggests that CCU has a mine life of 5 years at 2.5moz per annum. However, I read the resource update which states 57moz. any idea why the mine life is so short?

gazprom1
08-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Hey guys, the reading i've done suggests that CCU has a mine life of 5 years at 2.5moz per annum. However, I read the resource update which states 57moz. any idea why the mine life is so short?

Hey Corp,

JBM will know better but my understanding is that they had a probable RESERVE of 14moz and a indicated and inferred RESOURCE of 54moz. It is a matter of converting the RESOURCE into RESERVES. They are also looking at dropping the grade to increase the reserve (22g/t to 12g/t. Initially, they were looking at getting the RESERVE to 44mozs or 15yrs of production.

Hope they are still on target for March!!!!

Gaz

gazprom1
08-01-2012, 06:07 PM
...just be re-reading a lot of CCU material and I see they have sold forward 1.8moz at nealry $32oz which is great but it states that the contracts will mature in line with the project loan repayment profile to CBA. They only intend to borrow $22m from CBA and the forward is for $56 odd million - wonder where the rest is going. Makes me wonder how much the real costs of borrowing from the CBA are? I see they were issued 500,000 options at 91 cents through to 2014....charge high fees, high interest and get a slice of the action.....nice!!!! I have slight concerns over whether management can keep a lid on costs.

CCU is a relatively cheap producer and SP should re-rate further...stellar last week!!!

asc4
17-01-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-16/miners-village-planned-for-cobar-silver-mine/3774138

Cobar Consolidated Resources says the accommodation facility will house about 60 staff when the mine is commissioned in March.

Secretary Trevor Shard says the village was not included in the original development application but is part of a modified plan for the $30 million project.

He says the village will be built next to the temporary camp.

"We realise there was probably going to be a reasonable productivity loss because the site is over an hour from the township of Cobar and we felt that it would be a better option for us to actually accommodate people on site rather than be bussing them in and out," he said.

"Now having said that, there will be people who will be driving in and out each day.

"It'll be very similar to the temporary camp that we have there now, there'll be accommodation for a series of dongas or a self-contained units.

"There'll be a kitchen facility and it'll be located adjacent to the temporary camp that we have there now."

The Cobar Business Association says it does not expect the town to lose business due to the miners' village proximity to the mine site.

President Michael Cox says it should also help the local real estate shortage.

"I'm not sure it will ease it," Mr Cox said.

"It will probably stop if getting worse because there is already a pressure on real estate but there's plenty of people coming into town or wanting to come into town to work, it's not only the Wonawinta mine there's also YTC's plans for Nymagee which are on track."

He says business should continue to prosper.

"I think it will because it's not a true fly-in, fly-out type situation," he said.

"Those people will still need to eat, they'll still need to get supplies.

"I'm sure most of those supplies will come out of Cobar."

JBmurc
17-01-2012, 12:16 PM
ASX Release
Wonawinta Water Licences
Cobar Consolidated Resources (ASX:CCU) confirmed today that the NSW Department of Primary Industries Office of Water had issued the production bore licences for supply of water to the Wonawinta Silver Project.
For further information contact; Trevor Shard Company Secretary tshard@ccrlimited.com.au

asc4
23-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Reserve Upgrade Ann.

83% more silver ounces
122% more tonnes
17 g/t lower average silver grade
Project life increased

“Today’s announcement validates the first leg of the growth strategy. At an average annual throughput of 2.5M ounces of silver we have doubled the project life from 5 to 10 years”

gazprom1
24-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Reserve Upgrade Ann.

83% more silver ounces
122% more tonnes
17 g/t lower average silver grade
Project life increased

“Today’s announcement validates the first leg of the growth strategy. At an average annual throughput of 2.5M ounces of silver we have doubled the project life from 5 to 10 years”

Ann was very good and SP has been appreciating significantly over the past 4 weeks....+45%. IMHO, provided they can commission in March as stated, SP has further upside. MCap is $150 million. Cash costs are $10.50/oz excluding Pb (which they are working on). Approx. $20/oz free cash flow at current silver prices = $50 million pa. Extended mine life to 10 years with further resource upgrades should see mine life extension to 15 years plus over the next year. Plant has ability to increase capacity.

Continue to hold but wary of global financial markets.

Gaz

gazprom1
17-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Bought more CCU today at 74 cents...averaging up. Should be only a matter of a couple of weeks until we are pouring silver.....

Gaz

JBmurc
21-02-2012, 11:29 AM
yes sold my lot for a good profit after getting a few more recently cheap invested more in CVR crazy cheap at Mrktcap ...CCU a safer play

gazprom1
21-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Did I buy your shares a couple of days back at 74 cents JBM??? I am hoping to see CCU lift further as it begins pouring silver....

Gaz

JBmurc
21-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Did I buy your shares a couple of days back at 74 cents JBM??? I am hoping to see CCU lift further as it begins pouring silver....

Gaz

No recent sale at 78c which was good at the time with the pull back ...still think your be right once the silver pours and the numbers on production & costs are released to market..

...going be interesting if my bigger risk investing more into CVR in the low 3's will better the returns on holding CCU..time will tell

gazprom1
28-02-2012, 08:00 AM
CCU up 20% over the past week. Great volumes. Approaching a 6 month high. Hope that we will get some news on first pour any day. Silver over $35oz.

Gazprom

gazprom1
29-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I think I must be talking to myself but anyway, CCU at 90.5 cents....up 8.4%. Silver was strong overnight and CCU due to announce first pour are probably the drivers at the moment. Up75% since end of December....crazy numbers.

Gazprom

drillfix
29-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi Gaz,

Were here mate, just not invested in CCU but reading away here, so thought I would throw a chart your way also!

CCU Daily & intraday > http://postimage.org/image/v4ee947vr/full/

Some strong indicators thats for sure.

Some EMA crossing going on, a higher high and no doubt will be testing the lines above whilst silver climbs.

OBV another high and climbing, positive
RSI strong at 70 something, positive
W%R showing overbought, positive
DMI is showing a tad of divergence on the positive line moving downward, but maybe a chart setting, dunno.
MACD histogram gone positive with signal lines crossed to up move, positive
MFI has also made a nice upward move, positive.
Price trading constantly above the 13ema and the lower EMA's are preparing to spread align, positive

The 60 min charts already shows the previous moves upward with its 60EMA's spread beautifully with a clear buy signals when price touched the 150 orange EMA and then crossed up above the 13EMA to continue the EMA spread on the Hourly.

Where is my head at sometimes, I should have been on this, but there is alot going on as I am sure there is for many. :P

Hope your keeping well mate :)

gazprom1
29-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey DF,

Great to hear from you....and thanks for your input. There are loads of stocks that are moving nicely at the moment and we cannot be on them all. I have had a really good run on numerous stocks and made back about 90% of losses from last year. Locked in a few profits which has been good.

CCu may be sold sooner rather than later....

****e summer over here in NZ...what is the weather like with you over there mate?

Hope you're doing great!!!!

drillfix
01-03-2012, 12:01 AM
I have had a really good run on numerous stocks and made back about 90% of losses from last year. Locked in a few profits which has been good.

****e summer over here in NZ...what is the weather like with you over there mate?

That is great to hear there Gaz, well done.

Weather over here has been sunny the past couple of days and previously was pretty flooded or rained out most of the time.

h2so4 who also posts here on ST was on the gold coast as well last week and we were going to catch up but was pretty swept off my feet with chores and commitments so no help from the weather either as it part of the house leaked as we had a gutter that was blocked because of stupid fruit bats that ravage a tree and fight over mangoes all the time which also ads branches shaken leaves and mangoes going into the gutter.

Anyway, me and h2so4 says perhaps one of these days we will have a ST meeting over here on the Gold Coast then you and other ST members can take a holiday over here to get some nice weather :)

Sunny Queensland, perfect one day, global warming the next :P

JBmurc
01-03-2012, 02:37 PM
That is great to hear there Gaz, well done.

Weather over here has been sunny the past couple of days and previously was pretty flooded or rained out most of the time.

h2so4 who also posts here on ST was on the gold coast as well last week and we were going to catch up but was pretty swept off my feet with chores and commitments so no help from the weather either as it part of the house leaked as we had a gutter that was blocked because of stupid fruit bats that ravage a tree and fight over mangoes all the time which also ads branches shaken leaves and mangoes going into the gutter.

Anyway, me and h2so4 says perhaps one of these days we will have a ST meeting over here on the Gold Coast then you and other ST members can take a holiday over here to get some nice weather :)

Sunny Queensland, perfect one day, global warming the next :P

Sounds good ,,,only need my shares CVR,PXG,SSN to pull finger and I'd be heading over for a holiday this winter

gazprom1
21-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Silver down over night a reasonable amount. CCU been trading down the past few days possibly on the back of a softening sivler price. Going to add today (I hope) at slightly lower levels than yesterdays close. Cash costs are $10.50/oz, silver still around $32/oz. April first pour is still on the cards I hope unless there have been further weather delays.

Gazprom

asc4
21-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Found it interesting that the presentation yesterday didn't include the lead credits, is this still an option to reduce costs below the 10.50 quoted?

Would be great to see silver price rise for ramp up.

asc4
02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
First Ore Mined Ann

First ore treated through processing plant by end of April

On track here..keep it up..full scale production in 4Q???

gazprom1
30-05-2012, 02:40 PM
CCU been on an upward swing for past week or so. Started to sweat after it dropped from around 68 to 52 cents. Currently 63 cents as I write. Still down just over 3% but feeling pretty good. Ann y'day was good but they are tardy in keeping the market informed and ramp up has been slower than predicted. Medium term outlook is excellent....hedged reasonable amount at over $31 to cover project loans....

Gaz

JBmurc
30-05-2012, 06:06 PM
CCU been on an upward swing for past week or so. Started to sweat after it dropped from around 68 to 52 cents. Currently 63 cents as I write. Still down just over 3% but feeling pretty good. Ann y'day was good but they are tardy in keeping the market informed and ramp up has been slower than predicted. Medium term outlook is excellent....hedged reasonable amount at over $31 to cover project loans....

Gaz

Yes CCu should be making some decent amounts at current silver price ..but imho I think there outlook palls to the likes of PGI who will be producing twice as much Silver equif. metal. as CCU will..for at least the same cost if not less.With a very impressive exploration program that sould at the least double CIL plant life ...past 10yrs... PGI Market value 26mill less

gazprom1
25-08-2012, 09:11 AM
CCU has been rallying very strongly the past few weeks. Management are poor, IMHO, at promoting the company. Commissioning of the plant took several months longer than forecast which drove the price down to $0.49 cents. Current SP $0.765. Silver up again overnight to $30.77.

Not convinced that management will hit the targets set for production this year but happy that silver has rallied strongly which has lifted CCU. Sold 15% of my holding two days ago at $0.79 and will be a seller if the SP rises into the 80's and 90's.

Gazprom

JBmurc
25-08-2012, 05:29 PM
yes Gaz should have sold more I also don't have all that much faith in CCU mgmt

Corporate
26-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Ouch! Things arent' going well at CCU

JBmurc
26-11-2012, 03:04 PM
CCU has been rallying very strongly the past few weeks. Management are poor, IMHO, at promoting the company. Commissioning of the plant took several months longer than forecast which drove the price down to $0.49 cents. Current SP $0.765. Silver up again overnight to $30.77.

Not convinced that management will hit the targets set for production this year but happy that silver has rallied strongly which has lifted CCU. Sold 15% of my holding two days ago at $0.79 and will be a seller if the SP rises into the 80's and 90's.

Gazprom

Looks like we were right Gaz ....yet another start up producer in trouble ,,,lower grades .... General Manager of Operations announced his resignation not long ago....as much as I like Silver I wouldn't invest in any ASX pure silver plays currently ....
don't think I've seen a more bleak time in the micro-jnr PM sector in my years of trading while the PM prices are high crazy times indeed

gazprom1
26-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Hey JB,

Just horrible. MCap of $85 million. The ONLY positive news to come out was that they have enough cash to cover the CBA repayments when they start falling due in December. Silver at $34... should have been making very good money!!!

Gaz

soulman
26-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Hey JB,

Just horrible. MCap of $85 million. The ONLY positive news to come out was that they have enough cash to cover the CBA repayments when they start falling due in December. Silver at $34... should have been making very good money!!!

Gaz

Then a CR at horrible prices could be on the cards after DEC Gaz.

If management can't succeed during boom time, what chance do they have in tough times?

JBmurc
27-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Cobar Consolidated Resources (CCU)

Inside Trader Comments:

Well here is a real speculator. Cobar Consildated Resources (CCU) has been hit hard today on an announcement of lower than expected silver grades. Down 39% as we write this on very high volumes.

This comes very soon after a recent cap raising of $16.9M at a price of 60c per share. Currently 35c.

Now, the news is still early but we think the company still has hope - even with lower grades. The new injection of cash gives them time to sort out their problems and hopefully get back on track.

This is a pure case of trying to catch the bottom and and times of panic (and autometed trading) there is often an oversell.

JBmurc
28-11-2012, 12:31 PM
wow brought in 30,000 33c sitting on $900 gain in 20mins got sell order in the front of .37c stack ....should I stay or should I be greedy ....
anyone else onboard

Hoop
28-11-2012, 01:14 PM
wow brought in 30,000 33c sitting on $900 gain in 20mins got sell order in the front of .37c stack ....should I stay or should I be greedy ....
anyone else onboard
Announcement at 9.33am .....Q&A session from 26th Announcement (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20121128/pdf/42bjgpngdnb7bd.pdf)
Steep sudden drops can result in a dead cat bounce....this maybe one ....How to identify (guidelines) and trade dead cat bounces (http://thepatternsite.com/dcb.html)
Excellent timing with your entry...well done
Resistances at 37 and 40.
The depth is showing some support at 34.5 - 35.5 atm (these can quickly though)

Hope this post helps
Best of Luck JB

Hoop
28-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Hmmm... had a closer look at the chart...resistance could be 36.5 to 37 rather than at 37......This makes sense as todays trading chart shows a lid at 36.5c

JBmurc
28-11-2012, 04:48 PM
yeah ended up taking a $750 profit @ 36c ....should have been 36.5c($900) got greedy @ 37c which it just didn't want to reach ,,,,got windy dumped 36c :) ....looks it was better than holding now @ 34c esp as it was only a 20-30min hold

gazprom1
19-12-2012, 04:22 PM
CCU up over 50% for the week. Currently at 47 cents from a low of 29.5 cents 3 weeks ago. I tried to catch the falling sword at 40 cents and got a few but only to bring my average down to the mid 50's. There latest announcement bodes well for future production but we have heard it all before. Could well trade back above 50 cents any day.

Gaz

JBmurc
29-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Cobar Consolidated Resources Limited (Administrators appointed) announced
today that the Administrators have ceased the processing of ore stocks at the
Wonawinta mine.
The mine site and processing facilities will be placed onto care and
maintenance pending completion of a sale of the assets.
The Administrators are currently in negotiations with a number of interested
parties for the sale of CCU’s assets....