PDA

View Full Version : Sky Entertainment

thomaswlg
20-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey, this is just a thread for all the latest gossip on sky-a very interesting company considering thy have the whole market to themselves.

POSSUM THE CAT
21-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Thomaswig Are they losing customers rapidly I get on average one phone call & one knock on the door per week trying to sell their product. What an absolute waste of money. Is management that stupid to think you might change your mind in a week. Surely with the amount of marketing they do elsewhere they should be realistic enough to think that if you have not called them you do not want there product offering. Or are they that desperate because they are close to going bust.

Nitaa
21-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Thomaswig Are they losing customers rapidly I get on average one phone call & one knock on the door per week trying to sell their product. What an absolute waste of money. Is management that stupid to think you might change your mind in a week. Surely with the amount of marketing they do elsewhere they should be realistic enough to think that if you have not called them you do not want there product offering. Or are they that desperate because they are close to going bust.Their door knocking approach through the marketing company is very effective. Theyve done it for years and will no doubt continue to do so.

I would doubt very much if they are losing cusomters and it fairly recession proof.

POSSUM THE CAT
21-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Nita Yes they have done it for years but not the same house once a week. Their Marketing has gone up markedly in last few months. They were moaning about the churn factor costing them money not so long ago.

Marilyn Munroe
15-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Rupert (the Dirty Digger) Murdoch's News Ltd has just made an offer for all the outstanding shares in the UK's BSkyB.

At 10% over market valuation it has been rebuffed by BSkyB's board as inadequate.

I see that the NZ equivalent SKT (Sky Network Television) has had a 16c jump today.

As a SKT shareholder I would be wanting more than a 10% premium.

percy
17-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Latest divie certainly made my bank balance look very healthy.Nice people.!!!