PDA

View Full Version : Mid tier Gold Producer Wanted!

shasta
30-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm hoping to tap into the vast resource knowledge base that is Sharetrader & find me an ASX listed mid tier Gold Producer.

Now before the thread get's filled with the obvious large global players, or everyone pumping the explorer they own, here's what im actually after.

1. A primary Gold Producer, >200k/oz per year but <1m/oz per year

2. Current JORC resource/reserves to sustain at least a 10 year operation, without the need for more exploration.

3. The company cannot have any debt, or hedging in place.

4. If there are Copper/Silver/PGM credits all the better

5. A company that hasn't got overly high sovereign risk issues

Would appreciate any leads for me to follow up on.

Cheers ;)

The Big Ease
30-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Assume you know about AAM (A1)?
Don't think thye are producing yet.

Gold is not my thing, but I know a few people are hot on AAM.

Good luck with it/

shasta
30-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Assume you know about AAM (A1)?
Don't think thye are producing yet.

Gold is not my thing, but I know a few people are hot on AAM.

Good luck with it/

Nope dont know them, & i dont listen to any noise off Hotcopper!

Im wanting a company in production NOW, i believe Gold will end 2009 over $US1,000+/oz & could well trade higher than that during the rest of the year.

winner69
30-05-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm hoping to tap into the vast resource knowledge base that is Sharetrader & find me an ASX listed mid tier Gold Producer.

Now before the thread get's filled with the obvious large global players, or everyone pumping the explorer they own, here's what im actually after.

1. A primary Gold Producer, >200k/oz per year but <1m/oz per year

2. Current JORC resource/reserves to sustain at least a 10 year operation, without the need for more exploration.

3. The company cannot have any debt, or hedging in place.

4. If there are Copper/Silver/PGM credits all the better

5. A company that hasn't got overly high sovereign risk issues

Would appreciate any leads for me to follow up on.

Cheers ;)

LGL about to go over the 1 million ounces, cash in bank and largely unhedged with production cost < $400 oz so plenty of margin leverage if POG takes off

Doesn't pass 4

Huang Chung
30-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Not sure if these meet all your criteria Shasta, but Mundo Metals, Troy Resources and Silver Lake are all worth a look in my view.

Silver Lake would probably be my favourite, but it's had a terrific run of late.

Disc: own none, but window shopping.

shasta
30-05-2009, 09:54 PM
LGL about to go over the 1 million ounces, cash in bank and largely unhedged with production cost < $400 oz so plenty of margin leverage if POG takes off

Doesn't pass 4

Forgot about them, cheers Winner

#4 Was me being greedy, its not a hard & fast requirement :D

shasta
30-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Not sure if these meet all your criteria Shasta, but Mundo Metals, Troy Resources and Silver Lake are all worth a look in my view.

Silver Lake would probably be my favourite, but it's had a terrific run of late.

Disc: own none, but window shopping.

Have you got the ASX codes handy HC?

Silver Lake (SLR?) doesn't meet my criteria

Cheers

suntboy
30-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Gay Shasta
BDG meet most of your needs
only a fifth of your minimum production needs but then whenever they decide to pull the trigger that will change
50 mill in the bank and what they are recovering in their trials is covering costs
hopefully they will spend some of the 50 and acquire CGT
I have continued to buy little bits here and there since they crashed ( I love companies that say we got it wrong and we are doing somthing about it )
dont give a toss about charts but I think theirs is not to shabby over the past few months

Welcome To Suntland

shasta
30-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Gay Shasta
BDG meet most of your needs
only a fifth of your minimum production needs but then whenever they decide to pull the trigger that will change
50 mill in the bank and what they are recovering in their trials is covering costs
hopefully they will spend some of the 50 and acquire CGT
I have continued to buy little bits here and there since they crashed ( I love companies that say we got it wrong and we are doing somthing about it )
dont give a toss about charts but I think theirs is not to shabby over the past few months

Welcome To Suntland

I emailed Gary @ CGT some time ago, & whilst they dont meet the criteria ive stated above, they have some ambitious plans, & are cheap on an EV basis.

He even quoted some of the figures i sent him in there quarterly at the time! :eek:

Huang Chung
30-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Have you got the ASX codes handy HC?

Silver Lake (SLR?) doesn't meet my criteria

Cheers

SLR (out Shasta's window...)
TRY
MUN

Good hunting ;).

zero
31-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Iam not aware of any stocks that meet your criteria Shasta. Most if not all gold producers and explorers would benefit from gold apreciating in value. Possibly some companies that are more speculative will do better than established producers. Frequently producers look to explorers to replenish or increase their reserves. Perseus PRU has advanced projects in Ghana and Ivory Coast and considered to be a takeover prospect. Ghana is not considered to have much soveign risk. A low cost open cast mine in an area currently mined by major miners. Kingsgate KCN producer in Thailand, possibly some sovereign risk but good fundamentals. If gold goes up silver will follow possibly do better. Coeur Dalene CXC would benefit from higher silver prices and are increasing production they also produce gold I believe or at least have a mine under development. Not what you asked for but the best I can do.

Crypto Crude
31-05-2009, 02:02 PM
forget about Gold...

check out WCU...
Uranium production 100 days off...
a standout...
:cool:
.^sc

Crypto Crude
31-05-2009, 02:03 PM
oh.... read the thread...

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?t=6854&page=10
;)
.^sc

shasta
31-05-2009, 02:07 PM
forget about Gold...

check out WCU...
Uranium production 100 days off...
a standout...
.^sc

When i want to look at Uranium again, i shall.

Though trust me i've heard it ALL before about imminient uranium production!

The price of gold & oil is strong at the moment U308 isn't.

shasta
31-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Iam not aware of any stocks that meet your criteria Shasta. Most if not all gold producers and explorers would benefit from gold apreciating in value. Possibly some companies that are more speculative will do better than established producers. Frequently producers look to explorers to replenish or increase their reserves. Perseus PRU has advanced projects in Ghana and Ivory Coast and considered to be a takeover prospect. Ghana is not considered to have much soveign risk. A low cost open cast mine in an area currently mined by major miners. Kingsgate KCN producer in Thailand, possibly some sovereign risk but good fundamentals. If gold goes up silver will follow possibly do better. Coeur Dalene CXC would benefit from higher silver prices and are increasing production they also produce gold I believe or at least have a mine under development. Not what you asked for but the best I can do.

If i cant find one that fits the bill, then i may well look at either AGG or NEM, at the big end of town.

So far only Winner69 with LGL comes close to what i'm after.

I'm not interested in explorers, no matter how high there grades are.

Companies i invest/trade in must have cash/generate cashflows & have no debt.

drillfix
31-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Though trust me i've heard it ALL before about imminient uranium production!

Aint that the truth shasta~!

Although I would have a heap more faith in wcu than I would with the wicked witch of the west.

Speaking of production, have a listen to this:

http://www.tvmail.com.au/uran/music.m3u

A little song I wrote previously with some Carrot Dangler on the vocals which may I add, needs no introduction.

shasta
31-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Aint that the truth shasta~!

Although I would have a heap more faith in wcu than I would with the wicked witch of the west.

Speaking of production, have a listen to this:

http://www.tvmail.com.au/uran/music.m3u

A little song I wrote previously with some Carrot Dangler on the vocals which may I add, needs no introduction.

Make sure you keep that, we may need to send it to the ASX/ASIC!

Mick100
31-05-2009, 03:47 PM
forget about Gold...

I'm going to note this post for the record

I think you'll live to regret those words shrewdy :D

gold - $1300+ before may next yr

Just think what it's going to do to the bottom line of the producers

gold mining shares are about to go bullistic

Halebop
31-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm going to note this post for the record

Just think what it's going to do to the bottom line of the producers

gold mining shares are about to go bullistic

Mick I'm picking that gold hasn't finished it's run either. If the world keeps printing money & running deficits it could have a long way to go yet. However, we need to see a little less synchronicity with the fall in the US dollar for gold shares to be profitable in A$ terms.

Have recently bought some long term laggard CTO (Citigold) on the twin assumptions that it is supported at 17 cents and that they might actually produce something similar to budget by the December quarter. Not sure which assumption is more optimistic! Like some on this thread, suspect gold shares will have their moment to run...

Huang Chung
31-05-2009, 07:56 PM
If you are at all interesting in what Kerr Neilson is doing over at Planinum Asset Management....they are switching from Barrick to Anglo Gold.

Crypto Crude
01-06-2009, 05:00 AM
shrewdy-forget about gold

mick-I'm going to note this post for the record

hey mick...

In my post, perhaps I should have said,
forget about mid tier gold producers...
instead of forget about gold...

I guess though, that anything increasing in price has got to be good for returns...
And I surely believe gold will be strong...

Silver has just had the biggest one month rise in 22 years...
I am a silver bull... I believe in gold... but I wont touch it, I will leave that to my dad......
he wants a good gold stock...
a few contacts of mine came up with LGL...

all forms of investing in gold will do well over the next few years, so good thread to watch for me...

whatever your fix is mick...
.^sc

macduffy
01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Silver has just had the biggest one month rise in 22 years...
QUOTE.

Hi Shrewdy

A bit off topic but I'm a silver bull too. I agree that spot silver is strong but didn't realise just how big the one month rise has been.
Can you point me to any specific articles as my usual sources don't seem to have covered this point?

Cheers

:)

Disc; Holding CXC.

Crypto Crude
01-06-2009, 03:30 PM
hey macduffy,
I dont read silver articles... My dad reads Chuck Butler alot from Kitco.com.. Chuck is quite funny...

probably one of the better sites to read market reports, and publications of gold/silver/commoditys.....
you always have to be weary, as any site tends to skew its data to suit the stance they take... ie a gold bull...

silver is up 27% in a month, the most since 1987...
silver is up 22% in a week, the most since 1987...

http://www.kitcosilver.com/

http://www.kitcocasey.com/articles/2764/daily-pfennig-5-29-09:-a-currency-rally-for-the-ages!/...
.^sc

macduffy
01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks, Shrewdy, much appreciated.

I'll have to start paying more attention!

;)

shasta
01-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Shrewdy, much appreciated.

I'll have to start paying more attention!

;)

Can we please keep this thread for discussion on GOLD stocks in production.

All stocks that do meet the criteria will be fully researched.

I'm happy to then share my research on any stocks that meet the criteria i stated in my first post.

drillfix
01-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Can we please keep this thread for discussion on GOLD stocks in production.

All stocks that do meet the criteria will be fully researched.

I'm happy to then share my research on any stocks that meet the criteria i stated in my first post.

LOL, don ya hate that Shasta, when your thread turns into a Tea Room for everything but what your after and the thread gets totally run off the rails :rolleyes:

Well, lets get it back on track.

Whats your thoughts of Apex AXM ?

Dont think it exactly fits your requirements but wanted to hear what input about the stock, as a gold stock.

Thumpa
01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
DRA may be worth investing ten minutes of your life running the ruler over ........

shasta
01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
DRA may be worth investing ten minutes of your life running the ruler over ........

Cheers, i've had a look at all suggestions, PRU looked like one to keep an eye on...

Drilly - Havent heard of AXM before, but it'll be on my gold watchlist, thanks i'll have a look

winner69
01-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Shasta - Nobody mentioned CGX ... CGA Mining ..... recently poured its first gold at its mine in the Philippines .... targeted production 200,000 ounces a year from all its mines .... some hedging ... money inthe bank .... and has some other stuff as well i think

Did you know that 200,000 ounces puts anybody in the top 10 of ASX-listed gold miners.

shasta
01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Shasta - Nobody mentioned CGX ... CGA Mining ..... recently poured its first gold at its mine in the Philippines .... targeted production 200,000 ounces a year from all its mines .... some hedging ... money inthe bank .... and has some other stuff as well i think

Did you know that 200,000 ounces puts anybody in the top 10 of ASX-listed gold miners.

I had a rough idea, even the likes of DOM, is not much more than a 100k operation.

OGC has 250k+, LGL around 1 moz - these are in my catergory

NEM & AGG are 5m/+ oz operations, BHP & RIO would be large too i guess

suntboy
01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Gday Shasta
If your thread was delayed a few months I would throw Centamin (CNT) at you
plenty of reading there for you and basically just starting production now hence their rise in price
I have 4500 shares in my bottom drawer I bought at .23c about 8 years ago when they were denounced by EGSMA (egyptian geological society mining asses)
Purely political courtcase where the minister realised what a good thing cnt were onto and wanted it back(he lost and got the lemon sarse)
Good story...gold in Egypt is like ice in.....
plus love the ticker rhymes with sunt

Welcome to Suntland

Huang Chung
01-06-2009, 06:55 PM
So far only Winner69 with LGL comes close to what i'm after.

Oh Shasta, you're not being too picky, are you?

TRY up 6.3%
MUN up 11.1%
SLR up 11.3%

Thumpa
01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
KCN - Kingsgate Consolidated Limited

Unhedged gold producer + silver credits
Cash in bank
Last qtr gold production was 32,992 ounces
cash cost per ounce $364 USD

up 4% today at $6.30

shasta
01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh Shasta, you're not being too picky, are you?

TRY up 6.3%
MUN up 11.1%
SLR up 11.3%

Perhaps i am, or is the ASX just devoid of mid tier goldies, with no debt & cashflow positive!

airedale
01-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Perhaps i am, or is the ASX just devoid of mid tier goldies, with no debt & cashflow positive!

Hi Shasta, Lihir Gold looks good. Does it fit your mid tier criteria?

Corporate
01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
KCN - Kingsgate Consolidated Limited

Unhedged gold producer + silver credits
Cash in bank
Last qtr gold production was 32,992 ounces
cash cost per ounce $364 USD

up 4% today at $6.30

Thanks for bringing KCN up Thumpa. Just having a look now - maybe a little late to get in now though.

shasta
01-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi Shasta, Lihir Gold looks good. Does it fit your mid tier criteria?

It certainly looks to fit with what im after...

Winner69 already mentioned it too ;)

Huang Chung
01-06-2009, 10:13 PM
It certainly looks to fit with what im after...

Winner69 already mentioned it too ;)

An interesting Wikipedia entry on Lihir Island.....

Lihir island is home to one of the last remaining "cargo cults (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult)" on earth. These locals believe that the former American president, Lyndon B. Johnson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson), will soon return to the Island bringing white goods and other consumer durables and generally bring about changes to enhance the Island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lihir_Island

tricha
01-06-2009, 10:31 PM

It's devoid :(, I have searched high and low and failed on numerious occassions, I think I might have said this before, more money has been lost on gold companies than the railways :rolleyes:

Anyway, the gold price has gone nowhere in the last month as far the the OZ goes.

CurrencyChg%
X=1$USD (http://javascript<b></b>:ExchRateDetails();)NY TimeX=
1$USDX$USD
=1Gold
Price/ozGold
ChgGold
Chg%http://www.kitco.com/images/1.gifUS Dollar (http://javascript<b></b>:KitcoIndex('charts.htm?USD','USD');)--06/01-06:20----987.40+7.80http://www.kitco.com/images/1.gifhttp://www.kitco.com/images/up.gif+0.80%http://www.kitco.com/images/1.gifhttp://www.kitco.com/images/1.gif Australian Dollar (http://javascript<b></b>:KitcoIndex('charts.htm?AUD','AUD');)+1.48%06/01-06:101.22970.8132 $1214.16-8.48http://www.kitco.com/images/1.gif http://www.kitco.com/images/down.gif-0.69%http://www.kitco.com/images/1.gif

P.S The numbers are a mess, but what it says is $1214 OZ, down in the last session, up in the States.

hal
02-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Has anybody looked at Kingsgate (kcn).

Current Thailand producer, not hedged,looking at doubling production to over 200,000 ounces a year at about $350 an ounce. I think there is only 100 million shares in this company. It is a bit illiquid and does get moved up or down pretty easy but they seem to be building a solid business.

If you want to do some research try www.kingsgate.com.au

I have some of this stock and obviously like it so I suggest you do your own research

The Great Gold Guru
02-06-2009, 11:56 AM
My biggest aussie gold stock is Dominion Mining ( DOM )

1. 100k oz's but ramping up prod to 120k over next 18mths
2. heaps cash on balance sheet
3. Exploration ground is good
4. Quality management
5. Lightly hedged
6. Dividend

Others to consider

Avoca ( AVO )
Allied Gold ( ALD )
CGA Mining ( CGX )
Medusa ( MML )
PanAust ( PNA ) copper makes up decent %of revenue
Citigold ( CTO ) ... market not convinced about ramp-up claims ...

Good luck with investment ... agree Gold looks like a "must have" for at least 20% of any balanced portfolio

shasta
03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
My biggest aussie gold stock is Dominion Mining ( DOM )

1. 100k oz's but ramping up prod to 120k over next 18mths
2. heaps cash on balance sheet
3. Exploration ground is good
4. Quality management
5. Lightly hedged
6. Dividend

Others to consider

Avoca ( AVO )
Allied Gold ( ALD )
CGA Mining ( CGX )
Medusa ( MML )
PanAust ( PNA ) copper makes up decent %of revenue
Citigold ( CTO ) ... market not convinced about ramp-up claims ...

Good luck with investment ... agree Gold looks like a "must have" for at least 20% of any balanced portfolio

Thanks to all contributors to the thread, have bought some LGL ;)

macduffy
08-09-2009, 05:44 PM
With the PoG having a run I thought it was time to resurrect this thread!

After a fair bit of indecision I bought a few IGR today. Other stocks I considered include AVO, RSG, RNG, GDO. I particularly like the look of GDO and will keep it on my watchlist.

OK, tell me what I should have bought!

:D

Yes, I know. IGR isn't a producer, yet!

lewinsky
08-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I am a holder of IGR, but as you rightly point out it isn't a producer yet.

I'd recommend looking at CNT.

First pour in June, and resource seems to increase on every announcement.

Lew

macduffy
09-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I am a holder of IGR, but as you rightly point out it isn't a producer yet.

I'd recommend looking at CNT.

First pour in June, and resource seems to increase on every announcement.

Lew

Yes, CNT looks interesting. But sovereign risk - Egypt - is a bit higher than I'm comfortable with at present.

So I'll take my chances on IGR starting to produce from the Alldis-Randalls project mid 2010 with the added bonus of some possible rationalisation of the goldies in the Kalgoorlie region.

Corporate
10-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Hey shasta, in your search did you ever run your eye across Dragon Mining (DRA). I'm not really up with the play on goldies but these numbers are ringing some serious bells

Market Cap $58m
2009 production target 80,000oz
June cash costs of US$580 p/oz
Cash and billion of $14m
Unhedge from August
Resource of 1.1m oz

20,000oz @ (US$1000oz-US$580) = $8.4m FCF per quarter....

US$8.4m/.9 = A$9.3m

shasta
10-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey shasta, in your search did you ever run your eye across Dragon Mining (DRA). I'm not really up with the play on goldies but these numbers are ringing some serious bells

Market Cap $58m
2009 production target 80,000oz
June cash costs of US$580 p/oz
Cash and billion of $14m
Unhedge from August
Resource of 1.1m oz

20,000oz @ (US$1000oz-US$580) = $8.4m FCF per quarter....

US$8.4m/.9 = A$9.3m

Yeah i did, but too small.

Have a look at RSG, or PNA & CXC for companies with Gold as a secondary income

Corporate
10-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah i did, but too small.

Have a look at RSG, or PNA & CXC for companies with Gold as a secondary income

Ok thanks. I'm looking for undervalued gold companies that could double in < 1 year. I don't really see the likes of PNA doing that.

shasta
10-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Ok thanks. I'm looking for undervalued gold companies that could double in < 1 year. I don't really see the likes of PNA doing that.

I'll check my Gold watchlist for you, & post some companies for you to look into. ;)

shasta
10-10-2009, 03:15 PM

Here are the goldies i have on my ASX watchist ;)

AGG,AND,AVO,AXM,AZM,ALD,BDG,CTO,CGT,DOM,DMG,GDO,IA U,LGL,MCO, NEM,NCM,NGF,RSG,SBM,SGX,TRY

Range from explorers to 5m+/oz producers

This isn't an entire list of Gold related companies, just my list

Happy researching!

shasta
27-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Here are the goldies i have on my ASX watchist ;)

AGG,AND,AVO,AXM,AZM,ALD,BDG,CTO,CGT,DOM,DMG,GDO,IA U,LGL,MCO, NEM,NCM,NGF,RSG,SBM,SGX,TRY

Range from explorers to 5m+/oz producers

This isn't an entire list of Gold related companies, just my list

Happy researching!

I've been following GDO for a while now, check out the presentation & see why this is my favourite gold stock

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=GDO&E=ASX&N=492519

Low cash costs (LOM), & average Au grades ~7 g/t (reasonable)

JORC resource 13m/oz Au, 8+ years (LOM), plus other projects to be developed/brought into production

1Q 2010 Production - 13,208/oz Au @ $US480/oz (ramping up to 25-30k/oz per Qtr, 100 - 120k p.a FY10)

Production forecast 150 - 180k/oz Au p.a FY11>

Jaa
27-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I have stumbled into a number of gold companies via capital raisings/SPPs in the last couple of months, one is already producing and the other 2 will be in a year. All are in the developing world and just raised or in process of raising capital. These were purchased before the RSPT tax in Australia but seem to have been sold down anyway even though most and in some cases all their assets are offshore! Or could just be normal capital raising and market sentiment related sell-offs.

Beadell Resources (BDR) - Brazil & Australia - Just had a successful placement and SPP (though had to place some of the SPP with private investors) to allow the purchase of Ampari, an existing gold mine and iron ore royalty in NE Brazil. Brazilian purchase also came with some interesting gold prospects to go with its own gold discoveries in WA.

Mineral Deposits (MDL) - Senegal - Currently producing but about 2/3rds hedged at about $US850/ounce. Money raised was to pay for modernising and expanding the run down processing plant and to pay for more prospecting nearby. SPP already extended once as it was out of the money and almost certain to fail as closing date is tomorrow (28th May) and share price below offer price of 95 cents. Also has a significant mineral sands project in Senegal that they plan to float off separately. Could be worth accumulating in the following sell off.

Nobel Mining Group (NMG) - Ghana & Australia - Bought the existing but mothballed Bibani gold mine, plant and mining fleet in Ghana in Nov 2009. Capital raising is to modernise and restart operations at Bibani from Feb 2011. Also has several prospects near to Bibani it plans to drill in with the hope of utilising the spare capacity and investment in the Bibani plant.

On a side note my money is on Africa being the next great driver of global growth as I am starting to see significant amounts of capital being invested into the more stable parts of the continent and also the number of stable areas are growing. Anyone else noticed this trend?

Anyone got any comments about any of these companies?

shasta
17-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I have stumbled into a number of gold companies via capital raisings/SPPs in the last couple of months, one is already producing and the other 2 will be in a year. All are in the developing world and just raised or in process of raising capital. These were purchased before the RSPT tax in Australia but seem to have been sold down anyway even though most and in some cases all their assets are offshore! Or could just be normal capital raising and market sentiment related sell-offs.

Beadell Resources (BDR) - Brazil & Australia - Just had a successful placement and SPP (though had to place some of the SPP with private investors) to allow the purchase of Ampari, an existing gold mine and iron ore royalty in NE Brazil. Brazilian purchase also came with some interesting gold prospects to go with its own gold discoveries in WA.

Mineral Deposits (MDL) - Senegal - Currently producing but about 2/3rds hedged at about $US850/ounce. Money raised was to pay for modernising and expanding the run down processing plant and to pay for more prospecting nearby. SPP already extended once as it was out of the money and almost certain to fail as closing date is tomorrow (28th May) and share price below offer price of 95 cents. Also has a significant mineral sands project in Senegal that they plan to float off separately. Could be worth accumulating in the following sell off.

Nobel Mining Group (NMG) - Ghana & Australia - Bought the existing but mothballed Bibani gold mine, plant and mining fleet in Ghana in Nov 2009. Capital raising is to modernise and restart operations at Bibani from Feb 2011. Also has several prospects near to Bibani it plans to drill in with the hope of utilising the spare capacity and investment in the Bibani plant.

On a side note my money is on Africa being the next great driver of global growth as I am starting to see significant amounts of capital being invested into the more stable parts of the continent and also the number of stable areas are growing. Anyone else noticed this trend?

Anyone got any comments about any of these companies?

GDO - Gold Ramp up on track

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=GDO&E=ASX&N=494548

Gold One maintains its production guidance of more than 10,000 ounces for the current quarter.
September quarter production is expected to be approximately 25,000 ounces, and total 2010
production guidance remains between 85,000 – 100,000 ounces of gold.

FY 11 & FY 12 looking to increase from 100-120k to 150-180k Gold production

macduffy
06-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Sharetrader has a number of "general" gold threads but this seems the most appropriate for this bullish article about Aussie goldies.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/watch-takeover-merchants-circle-as-majors-seek-gold/story-e6frg8zx-1225914505574

JBmurc
06-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah great article really think after the pretty flat run of many Goldies on the back of much higher Gold prices esp. the jnrs ,IMHO 2011 will be the year of massive re-rating across the PGM sectors M&A a key driver to spark the market interest, even the rest of this year I think we'll see some really good growth.

-Look at China: it could decide to buy the entire 2011 world mine gold output (about 2400 tonnes) and still end up with gold as only 5 per cent of its total foreign reserves

My PGM shares-NAV a new Gold producer 100koz planned for 10/11 yr latest operation ann. all going to plan
-ARD micro cap explorer 50% ownership 20moz silver+gold,zinc resource just raised 8mill(near marketcap) through major investors to buy old gold mine
-SVL silver explorer with high grade drill results looks to be sitting on a mountain of high grade silver

my CFE holding also has good gold assets

Lego_Man
06-09-2010, 10:39 AM
TRY still chugging along nicely, anyone still holding?

JBmurc
06-09-2010, 10:53 AM
TRY still chugging along nicely, anyone still holding?

yeah I brought some for my mate's portfolio 1.70's still holding has been in a pretty tight trading range 2.40-2.60 for awhile till just the last few days now 2.80 breakout time $3 here it comes great long term hold with smart management that respect shareholders

Sharp737
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
My pick for this year is CAH - Catalpa. Huge potential...doing a run now

Lego_Man
06-09-2010, 04:45 PM
yeah I brought some for my mate's portfolio 1.70's still holding has been in a pretty tight trading range 2.40-2.60 for awhile till just the last few days now 2.80 breakout time $3 here it comes great long term hold with smart management that respect shareholders

I got mine at 1.70 as well...might think about selling once we hit 5 bucks. Nice, well run little company.

macduffy
10-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Interesting comparison of SP performance of Aussie (and other) gold stocks.

http://www.mineweb.co.za/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page33?oid=110973&sn=Detail&pid=102055

elZorro
11-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Interesting comparison of SP performance of Aussie (and other) gold stocks.

http://www.mineweb.co.za/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page33?oid=110973&sn=Detail&pid=102055

That's a really useful link Macduffy, thanks. Up to 4500% return in a year on one of those 100 stocks. It would take a bit of work, but a market cap column, and annual production in oz would give even better company comparisons. Kinross and Semafo have had high relative valuations and maybe that's why they're not doing as well as before. Some other companies have yet to reach similar valuations and would be good bets. It's not uncommon for low-mid tier producers to be valued in the billions, when as explorers it's just tens of millions.

Corporate
30-04-2011, 01:58 PM
I've been following GDO for a while now, check out the presentation & see why this is my favourite gold stock

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=GDO&E=ASX&N=492519

Low cash costs (LOM), & average Au grades ~7 g/t (reasonable)

JORC resource 13m/oz Au, 8+ years (LOM), plus other projects to be developed/brought into production

1Q 2010 Production - 13,208/oz Au @ $US480/oz (ramping up to 25-30k/oz per Qtr, 100 - 120k p.a FY10)

Production forecast 150 - 180k/oz Au p.a FY11>

shasta, are you still following GDO? They've just purchased a semi profitable gold/uranium operation which they plan to firstly reduce costs by 20-30% and then develop the uranium reserves.

The gold operations double there current production.