PDA

View Full Version : SRR-Shaw River Resources

lewinsky
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I like the look of SRR and so it seems does OMH. I have a huge amount of repect for OMH as an operator and the Substantial Shareholder Notice on friday saying they have takena 5.4% interest is very positive. In addition Atlas Iron own 42.5% of the company, they too are good operators.
It is worth reading their presentation of the 25th May.
They focus on manganese as does OMH. Their mines are close to Atlas so they will be able to use some of their infrastructure.
The shares have moved up over the last month from 5 to 16 cents.
I think there could be some more in this one.

LEW

drillfix
02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Your right there Lew, and ya know what? I have a friend whom was nagging me to buy this one for the past near month. Told him I dont got the cash and then asked him if or why he doesnt buy it. Turns out he didn't have the cash too and missed the boat.

Ahh well, it sems that this is the case with many stocks that have done the bolt over the past two or so months.

Anyone got any more input, how high would/could/should this Co go based on what information they have given the market?

lewinsky
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi Drillfix,
I see they are now trading at 20cents so another good day for SRR.
It is extremely hard to put a price and where an explorer with no production could go.
They also have only $3.6 mill of cash.
OMH has been a great stock for me and these guys are good operators. Having AGO as a corner shareholder is really positive. Both these companies will be really supportive for SRR and should underpin the downside.
Whilst you may have missed the initial boat as I did, I am happy to get on now.
Lew

lewinsky
16-06-2009, 02:46 PM
On a down for the markets SRR are up to 26 cents on good volume. Now up 62% since the 2nd June. It is worth looking at their latest presentations and make a call from there.

Lew

drillfix
16-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi Lew,

Yeah, these guys did a presentation here on the gold coast where I live last week or so.

Nice to see and I really do wondering what is "really" going on but unfortunately I still dont hold :rolleyes: so I can only watch and spectate from time to time.

Certainly would be a good stock to diversify your portfolio, thats fer sure.

I think Archer is still holding some of these doggies so Im glad someone is on them.

Are you on/in these Lew??

lewinsky
17-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi there Drillfix,

Yes I purchased at 17cents, the day after my original post, cos I would hate to be accused of ramping. Hopefully with supportive shareholders this may have some way to run.

Cheers
LEW

drillfix
17-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Way ta go there Lew ;)

Yeah I wouldnt mind some of these although would like to see it take a breather soon, if such thing can happen :rolleyes:

lewinsky
29-06-2009, 12:53 PM
I notice that OMH has increased its holding to 8.3%.
I think that is a really positive statement of support and helps underpin the share price.
Happy holding.

lewinsky
15-10-2009, 01:09 PM
SRR may be on the move again.

With ATO and OMH as cornerstone shareholders, this is well worth keeping on your radar screens.

LEW

lewinsky
19-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Now trading up to 22.5 cents.

Up 12.5% on a largely dull day.

Looks as though I am the only one in here.

I am not complaining

lewinsky
20-10-2009, 01:10 PM
SRR has now hit 24.5 cents.

I am surprised that there have been no views expressed on this.

Atlas Iron own 42.5% and OMH 12.5%.

OMH have been steadily building their stake through on market purchases.

Their deposits are well located.

Two supportive shareholders.

Potential that OMH will go to 20% and given their Balance Sheet and common interest may make a full takeover.

I see limited downside on this, however I have been beating my gums about this for a while now.

soulman
20-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up Lew. Bought yesterday, sold today and re-bought today. Same position, same price. Good fun when things go like this in a perfect case scenario. It doesn't happen very often though. Usually, you buy and the shares goes south and you sell, the shares go north. A fish do get lucky sometimes.

lewinsky
21-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi Soulman,

I am not a day trader so I am taking a longer term look at the stock.

In saying that I would be interested in your thoughts on GJT as a trading stock.

It sems to trade in a band between 6 and 7 cents and also has upside potential in the longer term.

NTA of 52 cents so again I see little downside.

Hope you managed to stock the wine cellar with the profits on SRR.

Cheers

LEW

soulman
21-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Not sure about this one. I don't like coy with massive debt these days. I had bad experience will Babcock, Allco, MFS before so I am cautious with debt laden coy. Not a bad punt if you have a bit of gamble in you re: GJT.

The Ghana announcement did nothing for SRR today. I only bought SRR because it breaks 20-21 cents that day. I had positive result with SRR before (about 5 positive trade) so I know their operations quite well, along with your useful heads-up post. Cheers.

lewinsky
13-11-2009, 09:08 AM
SRR have again built up a head of steam. They have a drilling program in November so any positive announcements will see this move forward. Looking to break the 30 cent barrier soon. With ATO and OMH underpinning the sp looks good.

Happy holding.

LEW.

percy
27-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Hung Kung mentioned this company on another thread,which i can not find,but as I thought the company lookes interesting i brought a few today at 20cents.

Rabbi
27-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Hung Kung mentioned this company on another thread,which i can not find,but as I thought the company lookes interesting i brought a few today at 20cents.

Good choice

Largest shareholder Atlas Iron and poised for stardom IMO.

Huang Chung
27-01-2011, 09:30 PM

Hung Kung indeed.........

percy
27-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Hung Kung indeed.........

Sorry about that,will try to get it right in future,but mixed up with another good poster on HC,but is he HC or CH ?.Never the less thanks for the alert.

Huang Chung
27-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Ah, you know how it goes, we all sound alike......

I'm Huang Chung on Sharetrader and WangChung on Hot Copper.

I'm not even Asian...nic is just a throw back to a 1980's band that had some catchy tunes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Kre4_fFek

Huang Chung
27-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Since we seem to have resurrected the SRR thread, I guess we ought to post something useful...

Otjo project in Namibia could be a company maker for SRR.

Latest company presentation:

http://www.shawriver.com.au/reports/PresentationAnnualGeneralMeeting21January.pdf

Latest Hartleys Report:

http://www.shawriver.com.au/reports/HartleysNote131210.pdf

Company Website:

http://www.shawriver.com.au/

Huang Chung
13-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Hartleys Research Report from January 2011.

Preliminary price target of 38c. Currently 20.5c.

http://www.shawriver.com.au/reports/HartleysResourcesBook2011.pdf

shasta
13-02-2011, 01:24 AM

Couple of Iron Ore/Manganese heavyweights making up just over 56% of the register in AGO & OMH - do you expect SRR to be around for long?

I bumped into OMH (Market cap circa $A800m) as they have a South Australian JV with MOX for Iron Ore/Manganese

Huang Chung
13-02-2011, 01:50 AM
SRR was spun out of Atlas back in 2006. So, whilst it might be entirely possible to take them over, you would have to think it unlikely.

OMH might be a different story though.

Atlas is still a 45% shareholder in SRR, and seems very supportive of its offspring. Look at the way they've helped SRR out with the latest Otjo project acquisition.

shasta
13-02-2011, 01:57 AM
SRR was spun out of Atlas back in 2006. So, whilst it might be entirely possible to take them over, you would have to think it unlikely.

OMH might be a different story though.

Atlas is still a 45% shareholder in SRR, and seems very supportive of its offspring. Look at the way they've helped SRR out with the latest Otjo project acquisition.

Didnt realise SRR was spun out of AGO, cant say i know much about them either. SRR wth a market cap ~50m is above my limit

The AGO/GIR tie up going to have any effects on SRR, or the Iron Ore/Manganese juniors in general?

I ask cos a couple of companies i'm looking at have Jv's with large partners (MOX/OMH & HLX/AQA)

Just fishing for you thoughts really... ;)

percy
13-02-2011, 07:30 AM

Thanks for the link.Most interesting.