PDA

View Full Version : ORE another lithium play

SPARKY
07-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Recently bt some of these, and Recently a US co bt 5 mil at 38c.
Anyone else hold or done more research than I know how?
price now 74 and not many for sale.
The Lithium story is still a good one

STRAT
07-06-2009, 08:23 PM
The Lithium story is still a good oneShasta knows a bit about this one if my memory serves me well

shasta
07-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Shasta knows a bit about this one if my memory serves me well

ORE, GXY etc have all been discussed previously on the ADY thread ...

ORE was just about next door to Rincon if memory serves me.

The clever fellas that bought into QGC @ 25c & who bought into VPE recently, bought out the ADY Lithium project, for a fraction of it's worth.

If you like the Lithium story, then ORE is probably the ASX's best bet :rolleyes:

stevo1
08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
The Lithium story is still a good one

Hi Sparky I guess you have visited the Orecobre website http://www.orocobre.com.au/.

I have held these a while now (bought in at 23 cps) on the back of increased demand for lithium/potash into the future and the development and production of electric vehicles and electrical storage capacity and future fertilizer demand.

Much better option than ADY was due to low no of shares on issue (approx 52 mill before non renounceable offer 1 for 8 @ 38 cps) and without ADY's dickhead management.

They are looking to spin off the gold/copper prospects into another company to concentrate on Olaraz salar.

After share issue will have about $8mill to take project thru to bankable feasibility stage and about 66mill shares on issue.
All the usual risks associated with early stage miner not into production but also future possibility of large gains(probably not in the short term) particularly if auto company wishes to ensure supply.

Capex estimated at $US80-100 mill which will require future funding.

SPARKY
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Well done Stevo, I didnt know about this co until recently and they cost me 53, but am sure they will do well with the ammount of Li they have.(potentialy)
I seem to recall there is a site which gives daily company announcements, this would have got me into this a bit earlier. Will have to go looking for the site.
cheers SPARKY

STRAT
08-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Well done Stevo, I didnt know about this co until recently and they cost me 53, but am sure they will do well with the ammount of Li they have.(potentialy)
I seem to recall there is a site which gives daily company announcements, this would have got me into this a bit earlier. Will have to go looking for the site.
cheers SPARKYhere you go Sparky
http://www.asx.com.au/
http://www.directbroking.co.nz/directtrade/static/home.aspx

SPARKY
08-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks STRAT, Me and computers dont see eye to eye on many occasions, revenge of the nerds I call it.

stevo1
18-08-2009, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=SPARKY;259745]Well done Stevo, I didnt know about this co until recently and they cost me 53, but am sure they will do well with the ammount of Li they have.(potentialy)
cheers SPARKY[/QUOTES

Sparky are you still holding?ORE are looking to get a roll on here having broken thru the $1 .

Lithiums day is dawning.

SPARKY
18-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Hi Steveo1
I seem to have stuffed up some how on this here computor thingy, see other thread but I just quit my ORE in anticipation of another meltdown.
However we are at the begining of a new era in transport I feel and while I may not see much change some of you certainly will. It has already begun with no road user charges on electric vehicles here and reports Im reading indicate some cos getting involved in recharging stations etc, but its early days yet and I think the western world will suffer some economic pain before things stabilise again.
cheers sparky

SPARKY
18-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Have just recieved an email from ORE directing me to a research on ORE, this was done on the day I sold dammit. The research put a valuation of 140 on ore with a target price of 120, price on day of publication of research 85, my sell price. Shows how this reseach can affect the price, maybe one should subscribe and trade on the hopeful upsurge in price.
cheers sparky

ozelectro
19-08-2009, 01:54 AM
The really exciting thing about ORE isn't so much the amount of lithium they have, but the brine chemistry.

Brine Chemistry

The brine chemistry is very attractive.

* The average lithium grade at 800g/kl is similar to the Hombre Muerto Operation and approximately double the grade of the Silver Peak Operation and the Rincon Salar.
* The Mg:Li ratio is also low (which is desirable for processing) at around 2.8 compared to Atacama , Rincon and Uyuni at 6.4, 8.6 and 19 respectively. Only Silver Peak and Hombre Muerto are lower at 1.4.
* The sulphate levels are such that soda ash may not be required for magnesium or calcium removal which is of considerable cost benefit.

The grade distribution throughout the deposit indicates the potential for the first 5 to 10 years of an operation to benefit from grades significantly higher than the average grade.

I have no idea why people would invest in spodumene deposits. High grade brine deposits are the standouts and will be where the real money is made long-term due to their long-life and low costs of production (including potash credits).

sharer
19-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Quite few years ago (?10+) there was a newspaper story about some new venture startup in NZ that was going to extract Li from the sea & Make us all rich. What became of that scheme?

stevo1
07-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Have just recieved an email from ORE directing me to a research on ORE, this was done on the day I sold dammit. The research put a valuation of 140 on ore with a target price of 120, price on day of publication of research 85, my sell price. Shows how this reseach can affect the price, maybe one should subscribe and trade on the hopeful upsurge in price.
cheers sparky

Sparky did you buy back in? i am still holding .Price has spiked up to $1.43.
Suspect that TA would see it overbought.I will continue to be holding into the foreseeable at this stage.

SPARKY
07-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Well done for holding Steve, I did not get back in, I have been reading too much doom and gloom reports re the US economic situation and am being too cautious for my own good.
I see someone must have recommended GXY because they are up today 19%?.

Incidently I was phoned this AM re PALADIUM, the man said the price of PALADIUM will rocket because of another 2B cash for clunkers scheme in the US and Europe and PALADIUM is used in the pollution control in the exhaust.

Any one investing in PALADIUM ?

CHEERS SPARKY

Phaedrus
07-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Suspect that TA would see it overbought.Right. Technically, ORE is at OverBought levels right now - but this is of no great significance. It is quite normal for uptrending stocks to repeatedly reach "OverBought" levels and this means little, just as the unsupported "sell" signals generated by such oscillators dropping from overbought levels also have little significance (marked with red arrows).

It is nice when several different indicators trigger Buy signals simultaneously, but this does not always happen. The five ORE Buy signals shown here were spread out over 5 months!

http://h1.ripway.com/78963/ORE97.gif

stevo1
08-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Crikey $1.6 a share and Patterson's saying target price $2.06!!!!!!!

Link here

http://www.orocobre.com.au/PDF/Orocobre%20all%20charged%20up.pdf

stevo1
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Right. Technically, ORE is at OverBought levels right now - but this is of no great significance. It is quite normal for uptrending stocks to repeatedly reach "OverBought" levels and this means little, just as the unsupported "sell" signals generated by such oscillators dropping from overbought levels also have little significance (marked with red arrows).

It is nice when several different indicators trigger Buy signals simultaneously, but this does not always happen. The five ORE Buy signals shown here were spread out over 5 months!

http://h1.ripway.com/78963/ORE97.gif

Still holding ORE the future for lithium/potash and ORE still seems bright to me .Probably should have sold out at $3 and bought back in but been busy with other stuff so havent been watching markets .Anyway bought them for a long term hold

stevo1
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
ORE looks to be ineligible for Krudd/Swan 40% mining tax.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100510/pdf/31q7x6vt4p7flr.pdf

snackpack
28-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Some recent news from ORE. Unsure what it all means at this stage.

Orocobre Ltd (ASX:ORE, TSX:ORL) is pleased to announce it has been included in the world’s first lithium based Exchange Traded Fund (ETF).
The ETF, launched by Global X Funds is designed to track performance of the largest and most liquid lithium mining, refining and battery producing companies in the world.
“This is a vote of confidence in the lithium sector as a whole and follows strong support in the sector from major global motor vehicle suppliers and companies, such as our partner Toyota Tsushu”
“Investors are increasingly aware of lithium’s important role in a variety of battery applications, in particular for use in electric propulsion.”
“The inclusion as one of just 20 companies in the ETF highlights Orocobre’s position as one of the world’s next large scale, low cost lithium-potash brine producers.”

Also, a recent analysis suggests the following (from the ORE website):
Going forward, investors can look forward to these potential catalyst:
o Completion of a definitive feasibility study in H2/10
o FinalizeddealwithToyotaTsushoinQ4/10 o An initial resource estimate at Salinas Grandes in
Q1/11
�� We are initiating coverage on Orocobre, with a Buy (S) recommendation and 12 month target of C$3.00 based on a 1.0x multiple to NAV.

This is a long term hold for me.

snackpack
15-10-2010, 09:01 PM
10% rise today. Anyone know why?

stevo1
15-10-2010, 10:00 PM
10% rise today. Anyone know why?

Hi snackpack Ive got NF idea why the 10% rise equally no idea why the sp dropped away from $3.I am holding long term also.I bought a GPS out of china the other day it has LI polymer battery (as well as run of cig lghter in car) impressive 4.8" screen with 8 hrs run time on the battery.Li with REES the way into ythe future

snackpack
16-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, perhaps people are positioning themselves before the feasibility study comes out early next year. You are right though, with increased publicity over rare earths, lithium is probably rising with concerns over availability and projected increased demand. Toronto exchange rose 5% for OBL last night.

snackpack
05-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Up 6% today on the back of recent rises. Seems to be more interest in this company recently.

stevo1
09-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi Snackpack,
I have been holding ORE for sometime currently at a 1154% gain and I guess the question is when to sell.
I ve watched the SP bob up and down (quiet markedly at times) .
I believe there is a lot more upside here on their Li and potash deposits.
(just hope i havent queered it)because the last time I posted a comment like that (LYC) the SP went into reverse.

snackpack
09-11-2010, 04:55 PM
I've been pondering the same question. I have only recently bought-in and have a 30% gain. My gut feel is that the drilling will quantify the actual reserves Q1 2011 and they will be larger than current estimates. Also, the extraction costs are relatively low according to company reports. I think from an FA perspective the stock is a medium term term hold. There is quite a lot of Lithium in electric cars, but I am unsure how recycling affects long term prospects. I need to identify a stop loss just in case though.

stevo1
30-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I've been pondering the same question. I have only recently bought-in and have a 30% gain. My gut feel is that the drilling will quantify the actual reserves Q1 2011 and they will be larger than current estimates. Also, the extraction costs are relatively low according to company reports. I think from an FA perspective the stock is a medium term term hold. There is quite a lot of Lithium in electric cars, but I am unsure how recycling affects long term prospects. I need to identify a stop loss just in case though.

New high today of $3.2,no new news maybe on the back of accelerated interest in electric vehciles in the USA?

snackpack
30-12-2010, 06:52 PM
It's quite a climb for one day. I wonder if many people are on holiday and are therefore not trading shares, making a limited amount of shares available to buy? I am only guessing here, the price is on about $900k of turnover. Great turn of events though. Far better than my shabby attempt at fishing today!

stevo1
04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
It's quite a climb for one day. I wonder if many people are on holiday and are therefore not trading shares, making a limited amount of shares available to buy? I am only guessing here, the price is on about $900k of turnover. Great turn of events though. Far better than my shabby attempt at fishing today!

Hi snackpac hope your fishing has improved,certainly ORE SP has up to $3.48 albeit on light volume

snackpack
04-01-2011, 06:23 PM
ORE have advised that they have gained resource consent to develop and exploit their salar de olaroz lithium-potash project.

With fishing, the wife caught some crabs to the delight of my son. I just fed the crabs!

My portfolio is going gangbusters though, mining shares are going nuts at the moment. I can't quite rationalise it and suspect a pull-back soon.

stevo1
06-01-2011, 05:36 PM
ORE have advised that they have gained resource consent to develop and exploit their salar de olaroz lithium-potash project.

With fishing, the wife caught some crabs to the delight of my son. I just fed the crabs!

My portfolio is going gangbusters though, mining shares are going nuts at the moment. I can't quite rationalise it and suspect a pull-back soon.

You ll have to practise more assiduously with the fishing rod and put far more time into its use snack.
Since ORE gained environmental approval the SP has kept marching on .
High today of $3.8 must stop for a breather or fall back soon I would think i am still holding ATM.
The future for LI and potash still looks bright notwithstanding general market malaise

snackpack
07-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Thar she blows! Down 22c today.

stevo1
07-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Thar she blows! Down 22c today.

Manipulation going on here if you look at the buy /sell side there are numerous trades of small parcels including 1 share at a time.

incredible transparent bot program trading ,if you look at the turnover of 189,000 someone accumulating I think.
Why do the ASX allow this?
ORE has had a good run and a pullback to be expected BUT the only people who can trade in 1 share multiples at a time must surely be brokers.begs the question WHY ?

snackpack
08-01-2011, 07:09 AM
One of the principles when I first started buying shares was that you could only buy a marketable parcel of shares. 1 share isn't marketable. Rules must have changed somewhere along the line. But I note an article the other week describing a huge building holding inconceivable banks of computers for computerised share trading. Albeit in the US, but the scary thing was the algorithms that were optimised for split second trading. I may have mis-understood some of the technology, but that is how I understood it. Perhaps it is a computer program designed to manipulate the price in some fashion by reducing the price over a number of small trades such that it presents a buying opportunity later in the piece? Could be naivety on my part and I need to wrap my head around market depth info better. You are right though; why?

stevo1
15-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Seriously considering selling 1/2 of my freeride holding in ORE for a 1700% gain will let the balance ride on .
I am starting to get a little nervous on where the market goes from here. so maybe time to lock in some good gains from ORE.
Not selling it all because still think it has room to move higher.

snackpack
16-01-2011, 08:05 AM
I have the same concerns and will probably do much the same. I note some volatility in the market at the moment. One interesting news snippet came to light recently with France upset that the Chinese had used spies to steal electric car technology from Renault. The Chinese seem serious on expanding electric car technology and production, with a corresponding rise in Lithium required I suspect.

"China, where car fumes account for 70% of air pollution in big cities, is pushing green vehicles hard as part of the development of its own auto industry. Chinese output of electric vehicles is expected to reach one million units by 2020, the official Xinhua news agency said late last year.

Beijing began a pilot programme in June to hand out cash to buyers of electric and hybrid cars as it stepped up efforts to cut emissions, and it is due to present a draft plan setting out billions of yuan of investment in the sector."

snackpack
01-02-2011, 04:57 PM
ORE are still on a wild ride with, as far as I can see, two major influences:
1. Lithium is set for a huge oversupply with the majors having significant extra capacity to fill anticipated demand. I guess it boils down to who can produce Lithium the cheapest. This I think is bringing the price down.
2. ORE have recently release a presentation stating that everything is on track for revised resource estimates, detailed studies on logistics measures and many good news stories and updates will be released this year. This is keeping some expectation in the market.

It will be interesting to see how the competing aspects play out.

Joshuatree
31-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi snackpack, youre right re the wild ride.waiting with bated breath the feasibility study due any moment hopefully. Beingwhat will bea lowest cost highest quality brine producer with potash a great by product i think ORE will float as many other lithium wannabes disappear.

corporateraider
31-03-2011, 08:38 PM
JT
I think that you are right that ORE will be a survivor -the holding that Toyota has in the company suggests that it will.
Will lithium go into an oversupply situation in the next couple of years because it can be recycled? Perhaps I am just feelig aggrieved that I didn't buy it and watched it run from 1.40 odd?

snackpack
31-03-2011, 10:39 PM
I will keep watching ORE. I bailed to preserve cash.

Joshuatree
01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Got back in yest:). Four fold increase in Lithium and potash just announced. Fab.

drillfix
01-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Nicely timed there Josh.

Looks like that announcement completely turned the Hourly chart upwards, so no doubt the market is keen.

Joshuatree
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I thought so drillfix but it has dropped away again ;seems uncertainty over sovereign risk is jamming the s/p down. Feasibility study still to come, must be iminent and am hoping(hope springs:), expecting a rerate on such a high quality project.

Joshuatree
04-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Fab feasibility study arrived and only question mark i can see is (apart from sovereign risk not sorted) when Toyota stump up funds, with ORE allowing 9 months for this. Great margins on Olarez alone; this will deflate all hard rock mining co's imo. Read the announcement folks.

stevo1
05-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Fab feasibility study arrived and only question mark i can see is (apart from sovereign risk not sorted) when Toyota stump up funds, with ORE allowing 9 months for this. Great margins on Olarez alone; this will deflate all hard rock mining co's imo. Read the announcement folks.

Hi Josh certainly looks very positive into the future not withstanding the risks you point out.Having Toyota on board is a massive positive.Brine based Li (potash)production has always looked superior to spodumene.May be some time till sp is back to highs the sharemarket in general looks a bit anaemic ATM .

Joshuatree
31-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Update out and ORE steadily ticking boxes .Toyota are happy, negs continuing. Holding and accumulating for the longterm.cheers

Joshuatree
27-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Trading halt re Jujay? province agreement. Is this the large major hurdle leading to toyota stumping up the cash and development? Hope like hell it is. Lithium prices been rising on av 10% year for last ten years and going up 20% plus on 1st july to re $6-7000 tonne.

Joshuatree
26-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Look like toyota deal is about to be announced. S/P has run up in expectation; its looking good:p

Joshuatree
27-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Its Official folks."ToyotaTsusho investment decision to acquire 25% stake in Olaroz lithium,potash project.TTC also advised that 70% of the project finance will be provided byMizuho Corporate bank. Additionaly the expected rate of production is 17500 tonnes of lithium carbonate per an an increase from 16,400 tpa." Congrats to anyone else whos onboard. YEEHAA!:t_up:;):drool:

stevo1
28-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Its Official folks."ToyotaTsusho investment decision to acquire 25% stake in Olaroz lithium,potash project.TTC also advised that 70% of the project finance will be provided byMizuho Corporate bank. Additionaly the expected rate of production is 17500 tonnes of lithium carbonate per an an increase from 16,400 tpa." Congrats to anyone else whos onboard. YEEHAA!:t_up:;):drool:

Pretty flacid market response to ann but i am still holding into the future and expect bigger and better things once producing

Joshuatree
28-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi steve yes not a huge vol and could be some profit taking.Im thinking more serious int will come when the actual $ amounts Toyota tsusho pays for its 25% share is released. Def great story ahead of us now and im thinking we will reach and surpass the lofty s/p heights of the past in future.

stevo1
12-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi steve yes not a huge vol and could be some profit taking.Im thinking more serious int will come when the actual $ amounts Toyota tsusho pays for its 25% share is released. Def great story ahead of us now and im thinking we will reach and surpass the lofty s/p heights of the past in future.

ORE projects are coming to fruition albeit not into full production until 2nd Q 2014 .Project fully funded and running on time and budget plus the acquisition of Borax Argentina. SP looks to be moving forward.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130509/pdf/42fsh7d4k9l30j.pdf

stevo1
11-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Tesla could be a great example of things to come when other auto makers start to seriously produce electric vehicles
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/09/watch-the-tesla-model-s-smoke-the-aston-martin-rapide-s/
http://cleantechnica.com/2013/09/10/tesla-model-s-could-use-all-the-worlds-laptop-batteries/
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/features#/performance
ORE in pole position

Joshuatree
11-09-2013, 10:26 AM
cheers stevo that tesla will convert to one smart driverless car in a few years too.

Its taken re a year to get back to where it was when toyota made the big commitment!!! .Who would have thought that!. Anyways looking promising she can stay above $2 but when ever i think ORE is off to the races she drops back. A gap to be filled re $2.01 according to 1 chartest. Holding stolidly , derisking to steady state production and (repeating myself) being a highest grade , lowest cost project looking to cap gains and great div.

stevo1
12-09-2013, 10:29 AM
cheers stevo that tesla will convert to one smart driverless car in a few years too.

Its taken re a year to get back to where it was when toyota made the big commitment!!! .Who would have thought that!. Anyways looking promising she can stay above $2 but when ever i think ORE is off to the races she drops back. A gap to be filled re $2.01 according to 1 chartest. Holding stolidly , derisking to steady state production and (repeating myself) being a highest grade , lowest cost project looking to cap gains and great div.

BMW get into green cars.I want one!!!! http://www.caradvice.com.au/251038/bmw-i8-hybrid-supercar-gets-266kw-570nm/

Porsche also http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=787

Joshuatree
12-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Surprised at the SPP yest . Good call Tigger. Seems some knew of its coming.Ive had so many cap raisings lately its stretching the cash reserves. Will watch for a while before deciding on this.

Joshuatree
09-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Plant 85% complete.firs t COMMERCIAL production expected end of August.

Joshuatree
09-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Company Presentation - Australia (http://hotcopper.com.au/announcements.asp?id=679054) What a fantastic presentation from what will be prob the lowest cost , and a highest quality long long term lithium producer plus borax and potash mots looking strong too; FULLY funded. Margins expected $4000 tonne excluding potash credits. Future Global Lithium demand expected to grow 9.7% per annum with battery grade 21%. Tonnage from 150,000 in 2012 to 500,000 by 2025.

Im very bullish holding off and on since re sub 50c.

Joshuatree
12-06-2014, 11:26 AM
So close to first production and yet a drifting down S/P continues. Manipulation/takeover/ buy up happening?.Dont know. Lithium rising on tight demand re $7000 a tonne.

Joshuatree
12-06-2014, 12:02 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...reason-to-like-musk-s-battery-factories-.html (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-11/gigaboom-obama-adds-one-more-reason-to-like-musk-s-battery-factories-.html)

"The world is on the brink of a serious surge in batteries"

tricha
12-06-2014, 08:17 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...reason-to-like-musk-s-battery-factories-.html (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-11/gigaboom-obama-adds-one-more-reason-to-like-musk-s-battery-factories-.html)

"The world is on the brink of a serious surge in batteries"

Just when you think you have found a winner, change comes along:ohmy:

New Dual Carbon Battery Charges 20x Faster Than Lithium Ion

May 19, 2014 | by Lisa Winter

photo credit: Power Japan Plus
Share60K Tweet285 11 Reddit18
Power Japan Plus has announced an innovative new battery that charges up to twenty times faster and lasts longer than high-end lithium ion batteries. The company boasts that electric vehicles with the ability to drive 300 miles (480 km) on a single charge may soon be a reality. The Ryden dual carbon new battery is cheaper, safer, and 100% recyclable, making it an attractive option that could bring high-performance electric cars to market more quickly.

“Power Japan Plus is a materials engineer for a new class of carbon material that balances economics, performance and sustainability in a world of constrained resources,” said Dou Kani, CEO of Power Japan Plus in a press release. “The Ryden dual carbon battery is the energy storage breakthrough needed to bring green technology like electric vehicles to mass market.”

The battery was developed in partnership with Kyushu University in Japan. The beauty of the battery is in its simplicity. The anode and the cathode of the battery are both made out of carbon with an organic electrolyte solution that allows for ion current to flow separately. This also does not require the use of any rare Earth metals or other rare metals, significantly cutting down on the price of each unit.

Thermal stability means that this battery will not heat up while in use or during charging, and removes the threat of thermal explosion and making for a safer battery. This also means that expensive cooling systems do not need to be used, also driving down the price. The battery is stable enough to be discharged completely without harming the longevity of the product. Currently, the Ryden battery is rated for 3,000 charge/discharge cycles before the function of the battery begins to diminish. To put that into perspective, current electric cars advertise 300-500 charge cycles before the owner needs to think about replacing the battery.

Eventually, Power Japan Plus hopes to expand this technology and create other batteries whose only active ingredient is organic carbon sourced from organically grown cotton. This will allow them to control the size of the carbon crystals, enhancing product performance.

The Ryden dual carbon battery will be on exhibit at the Electric Drive Transportation Association Conference & Annual Meeting on May 20 and 21. Production is set to begin soon, initially producing 500-5,000 batteries per month. The first batteries produced are slated to be used in satellites and medical devices, and will expand operations when the technology is licensed out for use in electric vehicles.

Read more at http://www.iflscience.com/technology/new-dual-carbon-battery-charges-20x-faster-lithium-ion#8KrCY8YkdfPAK2I0.99

stevo1
12-06-2014, 08:55 PM
That looks very exciting ,is that the reason for the sp decline trichia?

stevo1
12-06-2014, 09:18 PM
This link http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/05/the-organic-carbon-battery-from-japan-that-could-spawn-the-next-tesla/362112/ and in that "Hurdles remain, to say the least. The technology has yet to be proved effective in electric cars, though the company said it will demonstrate that capability later this year." MMMMMMMMM

Joshuatree
12-06-2014, 10:32 PM
"Executives say the co has built a pilot production line in Okinawa that will begin manufacturing 500 to 5000 batteries a month later this year"

Too early to tell and it sure sounds too good to be true. Will watch closely

Thanks tricha

Joshuatree
12-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Doesn't sound like they've reached proof of concept ;yet. It doesn't offer density advantage was one article i read.

stevo1
13-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Doesn't sound like they've reached proof of concept ;yet. It doesn't offer density advantage was one article i read.

ORE Ends the week at 216 cps with an amount of bot action(accumulation?) but the chart for the last 6 mths is down but for 1yr is well up.I hold ATM

stevo1
16-06-2014, 07:11 PM
The management keeps shareholders well informed.
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140616/pdf/42q7dsx6558zdg.pdf which is unusual on the sharemartket.Not too long to production now.However ALL the usual share market risks apply .Sovereign risk .market price,weather etc.When they turn a good profit , pay dividends and stand the test of time or not all will be apparent

Joshuatree
14-07-2014, 01:02 PM
$2.55 today stevo on the cusp of or has pushed thru 3 previous levels of resistance and hit $2.57 a 52 :Dweek high.

Joshuatree
15-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Was thinking ORE would drop back as it has many times before but it finished on $2.63 on higher vol and 60 DMA about to cross the 180. Good update on the borax plant being shifted to gain efficiencies and within budget would have helped this breakout.

stevo1
15-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Not too far off production with lithium/carbonate plant due to start up end of August 2014 http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140702/pdf/42ql9qxcwkblfl.pdf So far these guys have produced on all their forward projections unlike so many shysters on theASX

Joshuatree
16-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Cheers stevo. Consolidation of the concentrated lithium industry in which four companies control most of output. ORE will make it five and be a highest quality lowest cost producer:). Lithium demand growing @ 7-10% per annum. This takeover (below)will only value ORE more.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...wood-in-deal-valued-at-about-6-2-billion.html (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-15/albemarle-to-buy-rockwood-in-deal-valued-at-about-6-2-billion.html)

Joshuatree
21-08-2014, 01:05 PM
S/P $2.91 today 3 and half year hi, 95% plus complete.

stevo1
17-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Bots are/have been manipulating and accumulating shares for some time now at open today 1 share offered at 283 1 share buy at 289 at open .Very close to 1st production.Teslas $5 billion gigafactory bodes well for the future battery production though several years away from manufacturing
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=11325655

stevo1
24-09-2014, 08:15 PM
And now the sp is at 258 cps WTF .It is a free carry for me but WTF anyone know the reason for the rapid fall?

Joshuatree
24-09-2014, 09:35 PM
http://hfgapps.hubb.com/asxtools/imageChart.axd?s=xmm&pi=Index&ct=3&tf=D6&ovs=&si=Code%20not%20supplied&tima1=0&tima2=0&bi=2&bima=0&comt=index&ds=xmm&dovs=0&ex=ASX&ex2=ASX&val=1&stmp=20140924192444917

Metals and mining taking a hammering atm and patersons have switched from strong buy to sell.

Global Lithium X ETF dropping steeply atm from re 14 in july/aug to below 13 atm.

Ive also been in and out for 3 or 4 years from re 45c. Hope to top up soon.

kiora
26-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I wonder if this has lithium ?
https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/recharge-your-phone-in-30-seconds--israeli-firm-says-it-can-033304879.html

stevo1
26-11-2014, 09:46 PM
I wonder if this has lithium ?
https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/recharge-your-phone-in-30-seconds--israeli-firm-says-it-can-033304879.html

I would say NO lithium ""These are new materials, they have never been developed before," said Doron Myersdorf, the founder and chief executive of StoreDot, whose investors include Russian billionaire and Chelsea soccer club owner Roman Abramovich.
Interesting and promising in the meantime the world will use whatever energy is available,.affordable and convenient.To industrialize new materials," they have never been developed before" could take sometime.The article is pretty short on detail.ORE 's SP is quite weak ATM considering production is close

Joshuatree
04-12-2014, 07:47 PM
http://resourceinvestingnews.com/78...ts-to-impact-graphite-lithium-and-cobalt.html (http://resourceinvestingnews.com/78867-battery-super-plants-to-impact-graphite-lithium-and-cobalt.html)

Analyst Simon Moores said in a Benchmark Mineral Intelligence report that Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA), LG Chem Ltd. (KRX:051910) and Foxconn Technology Co. Ltd. (TPE:2354) are all in the midst of building “battery super-plants for the electric vehicle (EV) market.”
He estimates that LG Chem’s China-based plant will be the first on the market at the end of 2015. Moores also states:
These plans will have a significant impact on the raw materials fuelling the three megafactories, graphite, lithium and cobalt especially, as will the additional growth in the EV battery market which is expected to range, in Benchmark’s conservative estimates, from 10-15% a year.
The industry will need to be prepared for a raw material surge in 2016 as buying starts for these three plants in what could be a significantly disruptive event.

Joshuatree
09-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Surprised and a bit disappointed re the cap raise ($40mill) taken up by sophs @$2.50 something partly due to the delay in full ramp up which should be by the last qtr now. 5000 tonne order by TTC and may others to come at no discount ; infact prices are lifting due to supply constraints . Another re $ 10 million offered to us investors.

stevo1
09-02-2015, 02:03 PM
I am too am a bit but unlike so many ASX companies they are producing and the outlook appears good.Will only be taking up part of the up to $15000 offer at $2.55 to existing shareholders.

Joshuatree
11-05-2015, 02:01 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/business/lithium-play-attracts-on-shift-in-industry-thematics-20150510-ggy8o7.html

Ore on a good arc atm ($2.80atm)now its a true blue producer with Toyota as a partner and off take as well.

Joshuatree
03-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Lithium here to stay, prices flying away.

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...row-Lithium (http://static1.squarespace.com/static/535e7e2de4b088f0b623c597/t/55689238e4b09f7c8dacebf1/1432916536166/Stormcrow-Lithium+Industry+Report-May2015-Final.pdf) Industry Report-May2015-Final.pdf

stevo1
04-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Lithium here to stay, prices flying away.

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...row-Lithium (http://static1.squarespace.com/static/535e7e2de4b088f0b623c597/t/55689238e4b09f7c8dacebf1/1432916536166/Stormcrow-Lithium+Industry+Report-May2015-Final.pdf) Industry Report-May2015-Final.pdf

I ended up NOT participating in capitol raising.Your above link does not work JT

Joshuatree
04-06-2015, 03:52 PM
me neither. tried again but can't make link work.Go to that warm metallic site for ORE if you must ;it will work there.

Joshuatree
25-06-2015, 10:36 PM
http://www.afr.com/street-talk/canaccord-on-board-for-orocobre-raising-20150625-ghx7x9

ORE up for another raising!!!:scared: after $32 mill @ $1.90. Funds would be put towards the joint venture company where ORE is required to contribute 75 % of the project funding!!!.WHAT THE.... The offer comes 4 months after the Canacord raising of $50 mill. Both when the price had DROPPED a lot i believe. manipulation ???

Give me strength!! IVe multi bagged this and been in and out for a long time now, but i still feel a tad annoyed at this and the continual delays and so called "bottlenecks" ramping up to higher production.Less then scrupulous is the feeling I'm starting to get.

stevo1
26-06-2015, 08:43 AM
http://www.afr.com/street-talk/canaccord-on-board-for-orocobre-raising-20150625-ghx7x9

ORE up for another raising!!!:scared: after $32 mill @ $1.90. Funds would be put towards the joint venture company where ORE is required to contribute 75 % of the project funding!!!.WHAT THE.... The offer comes 4 months after the Canacord raising of $50 mill. Both when the price had DROPPED a lot i believe. manipulation ???

Give me strength!! IVe multi bagged this and been in and out for a long time now, but i still feel a tad annoyed at this and the continual delays and so called "bottlenecks" ramping up to higher production.Less then scrupulous is the feeling I'm starting to get.

Trooouble at mill JT.Up till quite recently they were delivering on their projections ,the initial cap raising was a disappointment at $2.55 .There were plenty who knew this was in the wind look at the SP dive in the last week .Not a good look for the immediate SP but longer term????????

Joshuatree
24-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Im becoming a stale holder in ORE but nameplate isn't far away or so they promise. Seems the altitude is causing more probs with heat issues in the brine etc affecting the dissolution of lithium carbonate in the absorption circuit. They say they have solved this but further "simple enhancements ' ARE REQUIRED. should be completed in December....yeah right.
256 TONNES PRODUCED IN SEPT
Magnesium and calcium removal need another centrifuge to get to nameplate .

Outotec Polishing Filters modifications improvements have resulted in recoveries LESS than expected

An additional boiler won't be commissioned until earl Jan

Breakeven point reached when production reaches re 650 tonnes a month which was advised to occur in Oct but latest is now DEC. Early JAN is latest for completion of debottle necking with the actual timing of nameplate production run later.

Heres hoping and that there are no more cap raises. At the end of sept they had re $10 mill in cash and US$ 37.5 mill on standby

One good thing is the price for lithium is rising ,re $6-6500 tonne.The attraction to me always was ,with ORE that it will be a highest quality , lowest price of production, stock

Meanwhile;wanting to stay exposed to lithium production I'm looking at other potential lithium producers to spread the risk to. ATP I'm certain Self Driving Electric cars are the future unless/until some other better tech displaces it.There are a few stocks a friend has advised me of, that I'm looking into atm.

Joshuatree
05-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Henderson global now a 5% holder.
I have found some alternatives to complement my ORE holdings. EMH and LIT. I have small seed allocations in these but very spekky and a way to go to prove up a lowest cost(even lower than ORE!) new production technique from waste mining Micas .Expecting cap raising to add t my holdings if the potential develops.DYOR

Joshuatree
15-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Changes in U S electricity mix from 1990-2014 .Large surge in renewables, storage ,batteries, lithium use etc

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/wat...ail&utm_term=0_31b4d09e8a-468b15011c-43822485 (http://www.visualcapitalist.com/watch-the-u-s-electricity-grid-evolve-before-your-eyes/?utm_source=Visual+Capitalist+Infographics+%28All% 29&utm_campaign=468b15011c-Most_Valuable_Cash_Crop&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31b4d09e8a-468b15011c-43822485)

Joshuatree
14-12-2015, 01:48 PM
If I'm going to post on these spekkies any more i will start anew thread for them.

Global lithium developer, Lithium Australia (ASX: LIT) advises that it has produced its first lithium hydroxide. Lithium hydroxide is a value added lithium chemical, used for the production of lithium batteries. The hydroxide product results from the conversion of carbonate and in present markets commands a premium of around 25 per cent. The upgrade of product is a significant value-add process. This is the first step in Lithium Australia's investigation into a range of value added lithium chemicals targeted for the lithium battery industry.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/brand/before-the-bell/fed-rate-decision-falling-oil-and-iron-ore-top-agenda-20151210-glkzg5#ixzz3uFeJBv7U
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=cCUjAS_ECr5iWLacwqm_6l&u=FinancialReview) | financialreview on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=cCUjAS_ECr5iWLacwqm_6l&u=financialreview)

Joshuatree
14-12-2015, 10:29 PM
WOW , Lithium carbonate very tight atm around US$ 15,000 tonne!!!. ORE will be able to produce it for re $US 2,000 tonne but they need to overcome their "bottle neck" probs and get to name plate production to convince the mkt that they can solve the production probs. Heres hoping.

http://www.asianmetal.com/news/data/1268980/Lithium (http://www.asianmetal.com/news/data/1268980/Lithium%20carbonate%20price%20breaks%20RMB90,000/t%20in%20China) carbonate price breaks RMB90,000/t in China

Joshuatree
15-12-2015, 02:19 PM
S/P up re 30% last few days seemingly because of the above!!!

JBmurc
15-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Brilliant ....for holders ...market has been pretty depressing of late good to see something moving

Joshuatree
16-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Yeah; prob a direct result of the 195 country agreement at the Global Warming conference in Paris.

Joshuatree
20-12-2015, 11:00 PM
The other factor is the change in Argentina with the Socialist govt getting the boot.All restrictions on money transfers lifted; the peso is expected to devalue by re 20% reducing ORE's costs. Just need the Operation to reach nameplate (a big IF there) and we would have perfect storm.

Joshuatree
13-01-2016, 11:23 PM
LIT has performed very well from re 9.4c to 15c 5/11/15 till today
EMH less so down from 19c to 15c; same timeframe
ORE from $1.79 to $2.39 in the same period i hold all 3 ;most in ORE currently.

Joshuatree
10-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Update out for operations and its positive.Phew!! Debottlenecking complete (but more tweaking to do)
cash operating cost break-even achieved
March qtr forecast 2,400 tonnes
Forecast production fully committed purchase orders etc
S/P currently up to $2.65
LIT 13.5c
EMH 11c
NMT 21.5c ;looking good for troy

Download Document (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvQ0cP4A 20pm%2BUpZlJ2%2Fk%3D)

Joshuatree
17-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Rising tide lifting the ORE lithium boat. Questions re what % of their production is battery grade isn't holding her back atm. $2.98 atm
LIT 15c
EMH 17,5c
NMT 34c jeepers troy:)

troyvdh
21-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Josh ..giday...the thing about NMT is that the good news hasn't even began....supposedly in 2017 production is to begin with earnest....the same probably applies to many lithium miners...

A well reputed source (well I believe he/she is) believes that lithium is the next commodity yet to take centre stage ....it really hasn't happened yet....perhaps folk need to seek info re Mr E Musk (?) to appreciate the potential...cheers troy.

Joshuatree
04-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Lithium is sure in favour; may as well ride it and get out before the bubble bursts and it will.
ORE $2.98
EMH 15c .Immediately on LIT leaving has signed a JV with a german co re mining process for its Lithium deposit

LIT 18c. up 24% today.It has left the JV with EMH and announced an issue of a 1 for every 2 ,non transferable partly paid shares to holders, ex 22/4. Issue price of 25c with a paid up capital of $.0001 with calls to be made a t intervals(5c i think). Mkt seems to think the headshare will have no trouble moving beyond 25c.

NMT 35.5c . 2c div!!!? and buyback and presentation Download Document (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvTUIM5w y%2Fpm6LtJlJ2%2Fk%3D)

PLP with the Lmax process from 15c to 25c

Joshuatree
08-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Taken profits on LIT ; my timing is often too early; but zagging whilst others are zigging and the Lithium hive is buzzing can be beneficial:)

Joshuatree
08-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Have suggested to Admin to change the title to "ORE and other Lithium plays "to save clutter but no reply atp;).
ORE holding around its 1 year high $2.99. 4traders have an average T/p go $2.91ish from 7 brokers.

EMH's turn to run today up 30% after having a good night on the British AIM bourse and confidence in its decision to go with german processor using the Dorfner process
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/av...ids-lithium-project-kenora-ontario-2016-04-05 (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/avalon-completes-pilot-plant-processing-of-bulk-sample-from-separation-rapids-lithium-project-kenora-ontario-2016-04-05)

LIT and NMT flat today

Joshuatree
12-04-2016, 08:53 PM
N o response from Admin so i take that as a blessing:D and have started a new thread titled" Lithium Stocks fertile ground".

Joshuatree
21-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Nearly a 10 % rise today to a new high $3.42
Company Presentation-ORE.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2750762/)
Quarterly Activities & Cashflow Report - March 2016-ORE.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2750100/)

stevo1
26-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Looks like hanging on to ORE is proving to be a good move production and pricing all aligning with the latest company ann http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20160526/pdf/437h8slmcfs31m.pdf .Its been a bit of a rocky road since entry at .28cps.

Joshuatree
26-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Great to see confirmation of battery grade Lithium after much scuttle butt by that self proclaimed lithium guru Joe Agenda.
Just looked back on the threads (started by sparky:)); its been a 7 year itchtorich ride stevo; drawn out somewhat with the commissioning probs but it looks like a perfect storm gathering thanks to pricing and demand , for ORE from here , for awhile at least. Extra good win/win to be in an environmentally good sector.Only 1 green world.

Joshuatree
29-05-2016, 03:24 PM
ORE up 215% since december.Its a producer not a speculative tenement with rock chip assessment and dodgy management.Pricing still going up atp.Not a lot of new supply coming on any time soon imo.
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/webkit-fake-url://57D83B1E-1D3F-48ED-88A6-3163BE97CE42/url.png

Joshuatree
31-05-2016, 11:09 PM
ORE as of today has been included in the MSCI GLOBAL SMALL CAP INDEXES
GXY and GMM joining together plus the talk of a VW giga battery factory plus China Hoarding Lithium(haven't verified this atp) is creating great pushup for ORE

Joshuatree
07-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Interview with Richard Seville CEO of ORE. Re 86% lithium carbonate and 14% technical grade. recently. Expect to hit nameplate in Sep. Scoping study looking at doubling Olaroz. Scoping a new study of a new project for potentially 120,000 tonnes of borax. S/P zooming back up. to $4.63 today after hitting $4.68 a few days ago.
Download Document (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvFDZpiw %2B4unKg0Oh27dpNT7rJHYsSXx5hP1HhlFA%3D)

Elsewhere its been reported ORE recently sold 100 tonnes for over $17,000 a tonne.!!

Joshuatree
16-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Check out this electric truck!
http://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...electric-truck-maker-takes-7000-orders-102756 (http://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/news/2016/pioneering-electric-truck-maker-takes-7000-orders-102756)

Joshuatree
09-03-2017, 10:26 AM
One of the most shorted stocks on the ASX and now this happens.Be int to find out if sabotage involved. Environmentaly it could be very bad as well. Rumour that CEO has resigned but it may be a malicious rumour by that Joe lowry lithium mercenary whale oil type of guy. (just my opinion)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5b-l4SXQAEewmw.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5b-l4SXQAEewmw.jpg)

Joshuatree
09-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Can find no confirmation re the breach atp; Hope its fake news.But ORE have announced previously production forecast to drop because of Pond issues.No transparency thats for sure.S/P up today with UBS becoming a 5% holder.Are they one of the big shorters?

Joshuatree
13-04-2017, 03:31 PM
It was fake news re the pond breach.
ORE is the no 1 shorted stock on ASX I've read.A suggestion that this is the 2nd stock that Glaucus (professional shorters) are going to do a hatchet job on after QIN (was TFC sandalwood).

Joshuatree
27-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Turn around time today? S/P up 7.3%. Just love those margins ,re 65%(but reality is less; not AISC). Repeated no more funding needed from us. Still improving, refining the operation and Pond imbalances solved.Borax still not making money by the looks. Plenty of cash coming in and its in $US .
Ausenco appointed for phase two (doubling tonnage), costs lowered to $160 mill from $190m using project finance and cashflow ,dependent on reaching phase 1 production rates(which we are nearly at)
10,000 tonne lithium hydroxide plant to be built in Japan (re$30 mill)using project debt and off take funding
March Quarterly Activities Report (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3385866/)
March Quarterly Report Teleconference (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3385899/)

Joshuatree
27-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Caveat -ORE has been a work in progress for a long time and there may well more glitches ahead.

Joshuatree
03-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Strong breakout today powering through 60DMA on increasing vol, s/p up 8.5%.This Mac presentation maybe partially responsible A lot of balls are in the air re expansion ; projects and yes more improvements esp the ponds. Over $10,000 tonne last qtr.

Macquarie Conference Presentation (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3399864/)

Joshuatree
07-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Worlds largest battery (100 MW) to be built in Aus within 100 days or its free

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-07/sa-to-get-worlds-biggest-lithium-ion-battery/8687268 (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-07/sa-to-get-worlds-biggest-lithium-ion-battery/8687268)

RTFQ
08-07-2017, 08:28 AM
This has to be a good investment with a long term play. managed to get in early yesterday. JT, other than GXY do you know of any other lithium companies that are producing? Cheers

Joshuatree
08-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Hi RTFQ ; its been rollercoaster for me and still is at times; heavily shorted, production issues etc. It is the first new brine op in about 20 years i believe. The price rise of Lithium has saved it ,thank dog. Don't know much about any other ones but there aren't many producing . Greenbushes in Aus is arguably the largest but a private company. There are so many little hopefuls and Bulldust companies jumping on the bandwagon ;its a minefield but maybe a play for astute traders (not me) but so risky. Having said that I'm currently in LPI for a swing trade or to hold and was in EMH and keep watching it. These are Lithium from rock plays. The lithium sector went berserk for a while , and may do again. New cheap production techniques are being trialled, one needs to keep up with. With most countries accepting Global Warming now, I see more and more news about car makers and countries switching to EV's for one and lithium batteries are it for NOW. ORE doesn't own 100% of the Olaroz op Toyota and the Jujuy province have a slice too. Youve seen the Lithium thread?

Joshuatree
08-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Great Lithium presentation at bottom.
All depends on EV ramp up and take up being reasonably accurate. Needs to be incentives/ battery longevity improvements and/or prices coming down which they inevitably will. I haven't bought an EV /hybrid yet partly because although environmentally its a no brainer there are issues and complexity creating a little uncertainty for me about buying a 2nd hand car with the battery condition which can be fudged, replacement costs etc. https://newswire.iguana2.com/af5f4d...442/ORE_Announcement_2A1017442.pdf?download=1 (https://newswire.iguana2.com/af5f4d73c1a54a33/announcements/ore.asx/2A1017442/ORE_Announcement_2A1017442.pdf?download=1)

RTFQ
08-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Great Lithium presentation at bottom.
All depends on EV ramp up and take up being reasonably accurate. Needs to be incentives/ battery longevity improvements and/or prices coming down which they inevitably will. I haven't bought an EV /hybrid yet partly because although environmentally its a no brainer there are issues and complexity creating a little uncertainty for me about buying a 2nd hand car with the battery condition which can be fudged, replacement costs etc. https://newswire.iguana2.com/af5f4d...442/ORE_Announcement_2A1017442.pdf?download=1 (https://newswire.iguana2.com/af5f4d73c1a54a33/announcements/ore.asx/2A1017442/ORE_Announcement_2A1017442.pdf?download=1)

Thanks, From your suggestion re Lithium thread I have identified that NdPr Neodymium (Nd) & Praseodymium (Pr) Primer will also be in high demand, LYC just starting a climb.

A lot of US EV's are also being utilised as mobile batteries as a backup for domestic application, ie to help run the home energy requirements at night and they are recharged when at work during the day. Its the future. Cheers

Joshuatree
26-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Wow! I think that record for Lithium carbonate price for ORE Aug 24:

17-031-EC03-000131-V: 100 T to Japan for US$1,465,700.00 @ $14,657.00/T
Noosa Mining Conference PresentationNoosa Mining Conference _Final.pdf (http://www.orocobre.com/investor-centre/presentations/#)

stevo1
08-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Caveat -ORE has been a work in progress for a long time and there may well more glitches ahead.

Can only agree with that- still holding from the outset.I think that the next 3 years is going to be very good with so many car companies looking to ditch fossil fuels and some even reviving classics in electric form https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/96628842/jaguar-remodels-worlds-most-beautiful-car-for-the-electric-era

Joshuatree
11-09-2017, 10:38 PM
Me too stevo. Time in the mkt not timing on this one although I've done a few trades too.On another tear atm from re $3 to $4.26 on results. 3 directors topping up too.
2017FY Results Presentation (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3651081/)

stevo1
15-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Me too stevo. Time in the mkt not timing on this one although I've done a few trades too.On another tear atm from re $3 to $4.26 on results. 3 directors topping up too.

Gosh it has taken way long https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/96853994/the-number-of-electric-vehicles-on-our-roads-has-gone-up-2290-per-cent-since-2013

stevo1
12-10-2017, 10:13 AM

ORE still tracking OK reached high of $5.19.The investment bankers seem to be using it as their own ATM.Constantly becoming substantial holders and then out again after ramping price.Still see lots more blue sky here though

Joshuatree
12-10-2017, 10:25 AM
This is probably the reason why. Its the 5th most shorted stock on ASX atm 14.85% (aggregate % shorted) down .51%.???

stevo1
13-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Some of them must be getting burned ATM

Joshuatree
02-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Finished strongly at an all time high today.Not many listed producers around atp.

stevo1
02-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Finished strongly at an all time high today.Not many listed producers around atp.

Still seems plenty of blue sky .Time will tell

stevo1
09-11-2017, 01:16 PM
Touched high today $6.13

Joshuatree
14-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Nov 10:
17-031-EC03-000183-F: 80 T to Japan for $1,000,950.00 @ $12.511.88/T
17-031-EC03-000184-G: 18 T to Japan for $314,400.00 @ $17,466,.67/T
17-031-EC03-000185-H: 18 T to Japan for $197,472.00 @ $10,970.67/T
17-052-EC03-001098-Y: 20 T to USA for $203,060.00 @ $10,153.00/T

Joshuatree
14-11-2017, 12:32 PM
Boy oh boy am i in a sweet spot with ORE after holding since the beginning. Presentation including a chapter on it being the most shorted stock on the ASX and why there is more value ahead.And only 211 mill shares on issue! Holding not buying.
Download Document 2.01MB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4wq1y xD%2Bv%2Fhr%2BrFiGug%3D)

stevo1
14-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Yes it is good to see the company is one of the few start up that has delivered -still blue sky ahead.The shorts must be getting slaughtered now. Wow did they get that wrong

stevo1
01-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Boy oh boy am i in a sweet spot with ORE after holding since the beginning. Presentation including a chapter on it being the most shorted stock on the ASX and why there is more value ahead.And only 211 mill shares on issue! Holding not buying.
Download Document 2.01MB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4wq1y xD%2Bv%2Fhr%2BrFiGug%3D)

Looks like your spot just got sweeter.High reached today $6.46

Joshuatree
01-12-2017, 06:03 PM
We are on roll stevo, we have FINALLY got to name plate minus 40 tonnes i think.14333 tonnes for nov with last sale at:t_up: 200 tonnes at $13000 plus per tonne.

stevo1
06-12-2017, 02:31 PM
We are on roll stevo, we have FINALLY got to name plate minus 40 tonnes i think.14333 tonnes for nov with last sale at:t_up: 200 tonnes at $13000 plus per tonne.

SP getting thrown around like a rag doll 5 days later @$5.67.Note the quantity ,

Snapshot of trade 2;23 pm.

Recent Trades
Price Volume Time Cond
567 1,075 12:23
567 360 12:23
567 4 12:23
567 240 12:23
567 7 12:23
567.5 111 12:23 CEXT
567.5 104 12:23 NX
567.5 110 12:23 NX
567.5 110 12:23 BR
567.5 690 12:22 NX
567 456 12:22
567 231 12:22
567 24 12:22
567 512 12:22
567 47 12:22

Joshuatree
11-12-2017, 05:18 PM
1000 lithium ion battery packs:t_up:
China just launched the world's first electric cargo ship - Business Insider (https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjW2Yis-4DYAhUFnZQKHSQUCskQFggtMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fchina-just-launched-the-worlds-first-electric-cargo-ship-2017-12&usg=AOvVaw2jU4VnsNqxPoJRyjj0eMsg)

Joshuatree
18-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Download Document 261.35KB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4wu6y xL2v%2Fhr%2BrFiGug%3D)

7% jump on this announcement.:t_up:Think about other battery metals too esp cobalt then nickel and copper.

Director and CEO, Mr Richard Seville commented, “Contract prices are rising in all markets and we expect this to continue in the foreseeable future as new demand for lithium chemicals exceeds new supply"

stevo1
18-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Download Document 261.35KB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4wu6y xL2v%2Fhr%2BrFiGug%3D)

7% jump on this announcement.:t_up:Think about other battery metals too esp cobalt then nickel and copper.

Director and CEO, Mr Richard Seville commented, “Contract prices are rising in all markets and we expect this to continue in the foreseeable future as new demand for lithium chemicals exceeds new supply"

Yep all pointing the right way ATM still maybe some that are short sided so expect their bots to play to winkle them out of their positions.
As far as also buying nickel stocks- still a large stock of NI in LME wharehouse stock(375 thousand tons) but that is slowly going down and if it suddenly get used then ?

stevo1
18-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Price rose on good volume.ORE have put out Sustainability report .Worth reading the plan ahead takes a while to get through .They have learned a lot and made this project happen .They have integrity as well. Onwards and upwards
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20171218/pdf/43q8cqp6hm6cl3.pdf

stevo1
19-12-2017, 08:23 AM
Ore deal with JOGMEC and Toyota Tsusho and in turn Toyota with Panasonic has to benefit from this
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11962260

Joshuatree
20-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Yet another 5.5% jump in s/p. Just hit $7 for the first time today. Two brokers have valued ORE at that.

stevo1
22-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Yet another 5.5% jump in s/p. Just hit $7 for the first time today. Two brokers have valued ORE at that.

Finished the day at $7.07 yesterday pesky bots were playing with the price until 3pm then got overwhelmed by demand.May be the shorters have squared their position for the moment.Not sure now how much blue sky is left right now but in the future may have MUCH more potential for price rise
At this price the quants and their bots may have another crack at sp

Joshuatree
22-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Still about 8.2% shorted similar to Nov but way below May where re 22% shorted. Not sure how the shorters will escape, hope they dont.

Joshuatree
15-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Now down to 6.78% shorted (high was 22%). Fund manager buys a 5% plus stake.S/P close to new high. Sweet.

stevo1
15-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Now down to 6.78% shorted (high was 22%). Fund manager buys a 5% plus stake.S/P close to new high. Sweet.

Ubs g and its related bodies have borrowed the shares from a number of parties Jp Morgan Chase bank,Citibank.Blackrock ITC,Northern Trust,Colonial First state and others.The accumulation started back in November 2017 over the last 4 weeks SP has ranged from 597 - 737.5 ,last week there was all sorts of crazy shennanagins with ORE price being tossed all over the place.It seems to me the only reason to borrow is to short the stock .

Joshuatree
15-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Financial Suicide in my opinion, burnt short carcasses everywhere.Shorts decreasing daily and s/p going to new highs.Battery metals are being favoured by the investment world. Big momentum shift has happened.

stevo1
15-01-2018, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=Joshuatree;699818]Financial Suicide in my opinion, burnt short carcasses everywhere.Shorts decreasing daily and s/p going to new highs.Battery metals are being favoured by the investment world. Big momentum shift has happened

Maybe they are trying to gain a foothold by borrowing then driving the price down below a snapshot of trading at 1 18 pm or just and opportunist attempt for profit?

Recent Trades

Price Volume Time Cond
713.5 2 13:18 NX
713.5 3 13:18 NX
713.5 3 13:18 NX
713.5 6 13:18 NX
713.5 5 13:18 NX
713.5 5 13:18 NX
713.5 4 13:18 NX
713.5 4 13:18 NX
713.5 11 13:18 NX
713.5 11 13:18 NX
713.5 8 13:18 NX

Joshuatree
16-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Maybe stevo At a certain point my eyes glaze over.:)

Something to do with this cap raise and placement announcement just out on the ASX! . Leaky ship?

Just seen the details, this will burn remnant shorts imo. Insto placement @$7.50 ABOVE mkt price and a 1 for 20 to us @$6.55

Qrtly and presentation out on ASX now.

stevo1
16-01-2018, 01:07 PM
USB are the fkn underwriters and any shares not taken up in entitlement or bookbuild will be issued to USB AG.
Now I am not sure why USB have borrowed 5% of issued capitol from other scources.if they pay back the borrowed stock with their underwriting and uptake of shortfall how does that profit them? Any ideas???

stevo1
19-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Well a massive knockdown of 9.3% on the the first day of trading( $6.48 on 10.6 million shares turnover and below the issue uptake of rights to shareholders at $6.55) probably more to do with the news that SQM and Chile have reached agreement to increase production to 4 to 6 times their current production.
Toyota Tsusho paid $7.5 per share or A$282 million for their 15% stake on capitol raising
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180116/pdf/43qv4nxkqwj216.pdf

https://investingnews.com/lyaily/resource-investing/energy-investing/lithium-investing/sqm-expand-lithium-production-deal-corfo/
UBS has reduced their stake under 5% but still hold an amount of borrowed shares which I suspect they have shorted
The rights options are effective worthless at this point so uptake will be on the underwriters
Having Toyota in the mix can only be good for ORE in the future.

Joshuatree
30-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Happily taking up my SPP shares, this has been a long and rewarding investment for me and looks to continue a while yet, being a lowest cost producer. S/P bounced back close to a new high after the overreaction,planned, manipulated?

stevo1
06-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Happily taking up my SPP shares, this has been a long and rewarding investment for me and looks to continue a while yet, being a lowest cost producer. S/P bounced back close to a new high after the overreaction,planned, manipulated?

I did not take up SPP .Long and continuing investment for me also, free carriage plus booked profits.Today will be whacked down as with almost all else .Possible entry for some.Certainly they are well capitalised and will increase production and profit in the future .247.5 million shares on issue which is a relatively small number

Joshuatree
06-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Yes i hope to add more as a global equity base/bottom starts to form at some point. A lowest cost highest grade strategy has paid off in spades and will do in future too imo.There was some luck too in the fortunate timing of lithium price increases as ORE was in development phase and the long time in getting to nameplate. I will take that:D

fish
18-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Yes i hope to add more as a global equity base/bottom starts to form at some point. A lowest cost highest grade strategy has paid off in spades and will do in future too imo.There was some luck too in the fortunate timing of lithium price increases as ORE was in development phase and the long time in getting to nameplate. I will take that:D

The strong nz/au cross-rate adds to the attraction of buying using upcoming dividends i will be getting.
I am not sure how tax applies to aussie shares.
Vaguely remember reading that overseas investments attract an additional tax.
What are the tax implications of making a capital gain?

Joshuatree
23-02-2018, 08:45 AM
Ive been in so long im vague as well fish and the thought of divis, well hadn't thought of that:). About a 12 bagger atp for me plus a few trades in it too. 6 monthly report due out today, looking forward to it.

Add-on. may not be 12 bagger as i prob participated in a few cap raises etc, but my orig buy was in the 50's cents i believe, will see if i can find the contract note one of these days and celebrate the sitting, on this one..

stevo1
23-02-2018, 10:30 AM
The strong nz/au cross-rate adds to the attraction of buying using upcoming dividends i will be getting.
I am not sure how tax applies to aussie shares.
Vaguely remember reading that overseas investments attract an additional tax.
What are the tax implications of making a capital gain?

Tax in Oz shares treated as NZ shares for tax purposes except no tax credit for franked divs.Oz shares exempt from the additional overseas investment tax.

fish
23-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Thanks also for that stevo
I have already started a holding with the intention of holding long-term

Joshuatree
23-02-2018, 08:10 PM
S/p dropped a little on results. The usual problem, not enough tonnes produced, re 5,500 , will need about 8,500 2nd half to make the nameplate that they've had years to get to but never seem to although it looked like they were finally there a few months back going on one months production. Will have another read , maybe the weather held up delivery to the ports. The Borax op has always lost money and still is.

Joshuatree
03-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Lithium has dropped re20% since Jan

Some loss of confidence by mkt in the pricing, partly due to all the hard rock lithium miners who are way more expensive and many of which are a long way off producing and who wont be able to compete on price anyway.

Remembering ORE is in the lowest cost quartile, $4194 a tonne for F/Y

FY production 12470 tonnes still only 71% of deseign capacity but best qtrs will be in summer(more evaporation)

Ponds are being expanded to evaporate 25,000 tonnes LiCarb then 42,000 tonnes , plant needs to be expanded too

Profit margin $9,000 tonne F/Y

Costs keep dropping

EPC contract for op in japan producing LiHydroxide only $15 milln in costs

Cash of $315 million atm

5th most shorted stock on ASX atm

I have held for many years and will be topping up again.

Toyota bought 15% of ORE in feb @ $7.50 and some entitlements later at $6.50
S/P down from re $7.15 to $4.37 and still trending down with Li price.

Joshuatree
04-08-2018, 11:21 AM
FWIW 4TRADERS have consensus, 6 buys , 6 outperforms and 1 underperform.

Joshuatree
05-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Down 14% today on argentina news. Temporary Argentina tax changes (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/4414869/)
Estimate by a few of re 6-8% hit to profits. Ive been in so many years and multi bagged so i treat this as a blip and may top up again, see how low she goes.

Filthy
06-09-2018, 08:38 AM
GXY & PLS down 4% for the day as well JT.
A bad few months for lithium stocks eh.
Both GXY (17%) and ORE (15%) being shorted big time & held down.
Strange considering the long-term tailwinds.
All to do with those Lithium prices though.

silu
06-09-2018, 09:01 AM
It's all short term play IMO. Looking at 2019 and beyond long-term investors in the lithium sector will be rewarded. However I believe there will be consolidation and a lots of the juniors will have trouble getting their projects going. My only exposure to lithium is LAC (Lithium Americas) on the NYSE at the moment. Used to hold GXY and EMH (that project really is mired in CZ's political climate). Same with anyone with too much exposure in Argentina. Those inflation numbers are crazy.

Joshuatree
06-09-2018, 12:54 PM
According to trading economics the lithium price is only down 2.87% for the year. To think Toyota paid $7.50 a share not that long ago.
Had great fun and gains with EMH.

Getting in and out of hot sexy trends is the strategy, for swing trading. Marijuana stocks was another example. Battery metals especially copper looks like one to start getting set in now plus uranium, more and more being considered a "greenish"solution to coal fired power stations.

Joshuatree
06-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Wow,Lithium price accelerating, down another 1.51% today, 5.82% down for year now.

stevo1
07-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Sovereign risk has always been a factor and the uncertainty that goes with any overseas project.This is the problem here ATM .how it plays out into the future(election next year) is anyone guess.Ore have been getting good prices for the product.Probably NOT a good time to buy in (catch the falling knife).All pretty murky now.I will hold through it .

Joshuatree
28-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Each day in every way evaporation is getting better and bigger, the share price smaller and smaller, lithium is up 5% in a month, im anticipating an avalanche of chinese cheap as ice EV's to start migrating over the world.Something is going to POP! ​ Definitely investor bias here:)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yMBD0W-oBz_p9HDb9tEEUWTndEhBHnXA/view (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yMBD0W-oBz_p9HDb9tEEUWTndEhBHnXA/view)

Joshuatree
28-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Electric vehicles: Follow the money How much are automakers spending? (https://graphics.reuters.com/AUTOS-INVESTMENT-ELECTRIC/010081ZB3HD/index.html)

$300 billion spend?

shasta
28-01-2019, 12:44 PM
I'm fairly concentrated towards the EV disruption with exposure to Nickel, Lithium, Copper and Cobalt through holding IGO and NMT.

For those interested in the Lithium sector refer NMT thread.

Joshuatree
28-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the reminder re other battery metals shasta . Will have another look .
I was pleasantly surprised to see my conservative brokers reccoing a pure play lithium stock last week with an overweight portfolio classification, its trickling down .

NMT a Troyus fave too , i think, still in troy?

troyvdh
28-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Does a bear **** in the woods...off course.A mate sourced WFE a cobalt entity largely in DRC (the Congo) its been in a trading halt for yonks..if successful i.e AUX compliance I/we believe this entity could be interesting....
I still hold AGY.
Re WFE hold a wee bit but do your own research.
Cheers

Joshuatree
19-05-2019, 07:59 PM
https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/braitling-valuation-has-never-mattered-less

10. Could you share a stock that you think is offering exceptional value right now?In the spirit of the prior question on lithium, I think Orocobre (ASX:ORE) offers exceptional value. Unlike the other listed players, ORE is fully invested and producing at capacity.

The Olaroz mine is in the lowest cost quartile on the industry cost curve, it generates very high margins and has a net cash balance of US$150 million. The business is currently developing the 25kt Phase II project, which will come online late next year and has potential for a Phase III operation.
With new management at the helm, we are looking for higher production volumes coming through later this year. At steady state, Olaroz can generate solid margins with a 40-year life and the valuation should reflect a higher multiple. We think ORE is worth $5.60/share, offering 50% upside, and is the best positioned lithium stock on the ASX.