PDA

View Full Version : spreadsheet - excel

Mick100
18-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Can anyone poit me in a direction where I can get instructions on how to do speadsheets on excel

thanks

AMR
18-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Maybe one of those free computing courses?

There's also a guy called excel trader who trades a live automated system entirely in excel.

CJ
19-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Can anyone poit me in a direction where I can get instructions on how to do speadsheets on excel

thankshttp://www.amazon.com/Excel-2007-Dummies-Computer-Tech/dp/0470037377/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245357502&sr=1-1

Mick100
19-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks CJ

I see my local library has got a heap of books, including the one you reccommended, on excel instruction

drillfix
03-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Mick, sometimes its as easy to take somebodies already made spreadsheet and then study how it was made.

At the same time you need to become either more, or very familiar with the Excel Program.

Can you advise what type of spreadsheet you are after?

If you are after one that is for tracking your trades, I downloaded one from a trader in the US from his blog.

If you want, I could attach the file here, if that is what you really wish to achieve.

Cheers for now~!

OldRider
03-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Some good advice already, as well use the Excel help function, I have found the solution to almost all diffiulties there.

Steve
03-10-2009, 08:15 AM
If you are after one that is for tracking your trades, I downloaded one from a trader in the US from his blog.

If you want, I could attach the file here, if that is what you really wish to achieve.

Throw it up as it's always good to see a different way of doing things...

:)

whirly
03-10-2009, 10:01 AM
On the subject of spreadsheets I currently use this position size calculator. http://forum.incrediblecharts.com/messages/11/position_size_calculation-249749.xls (It is only a 30k download).

Anyone have any comments.

I'd be interested in how others set initial stops and especially targets. I usually just use previous support and next resistance points respectively...but this can be a fairly limited range so I then look at the next level of support and resistance. Ideas?

Enjoy. :)

Whirly;)

Novitiate
07-10-2009, 11:43 AM

Cheers for now~![/QUOTE]

Would be great to have a look at this spreadsheet, if poss. My Excel skills could do with some guidance from a well-built spreadsheet.

drillfix
13-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry for the delay folks, I totally forgot that I posted on this thread..lol ooppss:rolleyes:

Please note that this was taken from a trading blog from somewhere on the web that I come across so I take no credit for actually doing this, but hope it comes in handy for those who find it useful.

Pass it around or Enjoy.

Jay
13-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry for the delay folks, I totally forgot that I posted on this thread..lol ooppss:rolleyes:

Please note that this was taken from a trading blog from somewhere on the web that I come across so I take no credit for actually doing this, but hope it comes in handy for those who find it useful.

Pass it around or Enjoy.

Does not want to open df
says folder is empty

Works now for some reason Thanks df

Novitiate
14-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks for that, drillfix - it worked for me. I'm on a Mac, so maybe it was created on Mac.

drillfix
15-10-2009, 11:37 PM
No worries guys, glad its working fine for ya. ;)

arekaywhy
15-04-2021, 01:44 PM
Does anyone still have this sheet or at least a picture of the layout?

I'm interested in improving my sheet for tracking shares/investments

pedro.nz
15-04-2021, 02:27 PM
A quick look on UTube showed many tutorials on creating spreadsheets for sharetrading if no one can supply the above anymore.

(I am still of the opinion Excel is one of the most versatile programs ever created)