PDA

View Full Version : Lng

bigminty
31-07-2009, 08:20 PM
This is from SCI-
*** LNG Ltd on Target at Fisherman's Landing

'This is a stock I tipped at 35 cents back in November.

Since then it's traded higher for the entire time. However, despite more than doubling (it's up 120% since I tipped it), I still believe the potential is for further huge growth over the next twelve months.

In fact, from today's share price of 77 cents, I'm looking for it to at least double again by the end of 2010. That's not bad considering the broader indices are likely to put in no more than a 10-20% return in the same timeframe - if you're lucky.

Of course, being a small cap company, LNG Ltd is potentially a bigger risk. But if you like the idea of getting a return five-times better than the market average then LNG Ltd is a pretty good place to start.

As you may have noticed, liquefied natural gas is making quite a splash in the mainstream press. It even made the front page of the weekend edition of the Australian Financial Review a couple of weekend's ago.

But despite all the front page headlines, the mainstream press continues to focus on the big guys - ConocoPhillips, BG Group, Woodside, etc.

All the while LNG Ltd quietly goes about its business.

Naturally we don't want it to remain completely quiet. We would like to see the share price rise too. But we're happy to be patient. The longer this stock remains near current prices, the bigger the price surge will be as we get closer to LNG Ltd getting their terminal fully operational.

And don't forget, it's not that far off either.

Remember that some of the proposed facilities in Gladstone haven't even secured land let alone started work on preparing the site.

LNG Ltd is streets ahead of the competition.

And it was highlighted perfectly in the quarterly report released by Arrow Energy today. Arrow Energy has an agreement with LNG Ltd to supply the natural gas for the first LNG train at the Fisherman's Landing terminal.

In its report Arrow stated:
"Fisherman's Landing is targeted to become the world's first LNG export facility to use coal seam gas (CSG) as a feedstock when it starts production in late 2012."

"The Fisherman's Landing LNG Plant is being developed by LNGL and Arrow has an option to acquire a 20% interest in the plant. The LNG Plant is being developed in two stages; the first stage consists of operating a single processing train providing an initial maximum operational capacity of 1.5 million tonnes of LNG per year. There is an opportunity for a second train to follow, which will double the operational capacity of the plant to 3.0 million tonnes of LNG per year."
Note the date in the first paragraph - late 2012. And as for doubling the operational capacity, well, make that quadrupling the capacity. Because that's the real potential should the supply of natural gas and the demand for LNG be great enough.

But also take note of the following statement in the same report. This is Arrow's comments on its project with Shell on Curtis Island:

"Shell also note in their IAS that they have sufficient market access for the foundation LNG train, through its marketing activities and re-gasification positions across locations such as North Asia, India, Europe and North America. First LNG production is targeted for 2014 -2015."
Based on that statement, the best case scenario is for the Shell Curtis Island terminal to produce its first shipment of LNG two years after LNG Ltd begins its production.

This stock has had a strong run-up this month so I wouldn't be surprised to see it take a breather before it makes another move.'

Question for Bermuda?- Hi there!!!!:)
If you get time I would love you to share your thoughts on ICN( Recommended to me at the Oil and Gas conference? ;)
Cheers BMinty

steve fleming
13-10-2009, 10:22 PM
LNG has been one of Kris Sayce (SCI) better tips.

Currently in a trading halt.

Rumour is, according to a sophisticated investor friend, LNG are undertaking a placement to various Sophs at $1.25 per share to raise approximately $29.4 million, togethor with a A$15,000 SPP.

The proceeds of the Placement will be used for development of the Gladstone LNG project at Fisherman’s Landing including site ground improvements and early works to enable commence of construction in early 2010.

Kris Sayce still rates this stock and said on Monday "Based on my analysis of this stock, buying at this level makes a lot of sense. I still see a lot of upside for LNG Ltd and the rest of the natural gas industry."

bermuda
13-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Well done Bigminty. This is a standout stock. What a great group of Shareholders.
CSG will become bigger than Iron ore. Bigger than Texas.

As you say, this is a multi bagger. The Bulldozers started moving dirt yesterday. Far out

If there is going to be a spp get as many as you can. The fun has just started. Just wait until we get the first FEED ticked off. My oh my.

mark100
14-10-2009, 10:21 AM
My main concern with LNG is they only have a MOU for gas supply from Arrow. What if Arrow is taken over by someone who wants the gas for another plant? Where will LNG get their gas? Also I'm not a fan of anything trying a new technology ie membrane tanks. Most new ideas go over budget and have initial operational issues. My preference is to stick with the companies that have the gas reserves

bermuda
14-10-2009, 11:05 AM
My main concern with LNG is they only have a MOU for gas supply from Arrow. What if Arrow is taken over by someone who wants the gas for another plant? Where will LNG get their gas? Also I'm not a fan of anything trying a new technology ie membrane tanks. Most new ideas go over budget and have initial operational issues. My preference is to stick with the companies that have the gas reserves

Mark,
I love their shareholder base and believe they will perform. But as you say the companys with the gas reserves are a better bet. Dont hold LNG.

Hold Coal Seam Gas BOW, BUL, STX, VPE, WCL
Oilers ITC, TEX

Dr_Who
13-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Bermuda, you think LNG is worth accumulating at these levels? The sp have had a good run.

bermuda
13-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Bermuda, you think LNG is worth accumulating at these levels? The sp have had a good run.
Dr,
I dont own LNG so probably not the best to get an opinion on. Have a look at WCL. I do own that.

Corporate
11-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey guys, any views on the recent transaction? It seems to me that if GLNG goes ahead. LNG is very cheap!