PDA

View Full Version : MMR MEC Resources

Ken
24-08-2009, 07:15 PM
This stock has skyrocketed in last week (up 49% again today) on the back of news of possible multi trillioncf gasfield yet to be discovered by their subsidiary Advent Energy who are planning to drill in the Sydney Basin. Watching with interest.
Disc:NMS LNC CTP

Huang Chung
24-08-2009, 07:28 PM
This stock has skyrocketed in last week (up 49% again today) on the back of news of possible multi trillioncf gasfield yet to be discovered by their subsidiary Advent Energy who are planning to drill in the Sydney Basin. Watching with interest.
Disc:NMS LNC CTP

There's long been talk of large amounts of gas to be found off Sydney....I presume that's where we're talking about? Not quite sure why the run just now. Is Advent new to the Sydney Basin?

Ken
24-08-2009, 08:41 PM
It appears that Advent Energy was formed in 2004. They have assets in the Carnarvon Basin, Bonaparte and Cooper Basins. MEC holds 74% of Advent and has close links to Chinese oil interests through the directors of MEC. Advent also have a strategic stake in junior explorer Central Petroleum (CTP).

Ken
25-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Absolute Advance, yes I put this on my watchlist in July while researching Advents interes in Sydney Basin. I am taking a closer look at MEC/Advent broader activities. Anyone got any thoughts on why the sudden leap in s/p at this point?

shambles
23-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Last friday I had a friend call me from australia tipping this stock to go to $5 within the month.
Word is there have been massive gas reserves found, the true extent of which will be identified over the next 2 / 3 weeks with the current drilling results.
Can't verify it, but it would back up the sudden speculation in the stock...
I'm picking away increasing holdings every couple of days.
.60 to $5 in 6 weeks?
We'll see