PDA

View Full Version : After the fin number is lost.

stone small green
28-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I remember me receiving a csn adn fin number from asb securities after I first registered.

I thought about it for a moment, then throw them away,
it was nothing to me until I tried to sell new image, at$0.75 yesterday
it ask me for the csn and the fin,

of course I didn't have it. so I called asb, they only had my csn, and told me to call my share agent, computer share and someone else, funnier enough, when I call them the first time, they also said they haven't got it, and told me to call my broker asb.

after calling them multiple times, a woman from computer shares finally said she will issue me one, but said one second letter saying that a letter already has been sent the day before.

since I'm kinda of a trader not an investor, selling everyday is essential to me,
until now, I haven't got the letter, and maybe have to wait until monday

what a mess!!
:(:(:(:(:(

stone small green
28-08-2009, 04:26 PM
anyone has advice of getting your fin number in a quicker way?

wbosher
28-08-2009, 07:44 PM
With Direct Broking you don't need this for NZX shares, you just hit "sell" and you're done. I had an issue with the ASX however when I did the same thing as you did. They told me to just put in 12 (I think), this is the number to use if you want to sell before you get the number. Maybe your broker does something similar?

STRAT
31-08-2009, 01:08 PM
With Direct Broking you don't need this for NZX shares, you just hit "sell" and you're done. I had an issue with the ASX however when I did the same thing as you did. They told me to just put in 12 (I think), this is the number to use if you want to sell before you get the number. Maybe your broker does something similar?This only works for shares you have bought recently. Dont quote me but 3 months is the max I think for "12"
Im somewhat perplexed Stone Small Green as to why you would throw your Statement of Holding away as this is your record of ownership. I would push it with Compushare or whoever the issuer is as its not really your brokers problem and I doubt they will be all that helpful

wbosher
31-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Im somewhat perplexed Stone Small Green as to why you would throw your Statement of Holding away as this is your record of ownership.

Yeah, I don't throw away anythng anymore. I'm probably going to turn into one of those people who have papers piled up waist high throughout the whole house. ;)

STRAT
31-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I don't throw away anythng anymore. I'm probably going to turn into one of those people who have papers piled up waist high throughout the whole house. ;)Thats not so bad unless you end up one of those old buggers who has 30 cats as well :D

31-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Well since you are "kinda of a trader not an investor, selling everyday is essential to me", how have you sold before today. Or did you just become a trader yesterday. Try throwing away all your contract notices as well and then try explaining to the IRD why you can't pay your tax on your trading profits because you don't know what profit you made. I am sure they will be sympathetic.

stone small green
31-08-2009, 05:30 PM
received the fin number through mail on saturday, now is all good.

wbosher
31-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Get a scanner and a DVD burner - wonderful fumes (NOT!) but frees a whole heap of space and so much more portable and easier to carry arround.

I burn for offsite backups only as disk space is soooooo cheeeeeeap I just buy another pair of drives to mirror and then copy new stuff monthly'ish to my server and burn a DVD when I reach a DVD boundry.

I've already go a scanner and a DVD burner. Got three hard drives as well, one of them is 1TB, but there almost full of videos of my daughter, photos, music and movies. I'd be completely lost if anything happend to my PC!

I've got everything backed up three times but the silly thing is there all in the same room. :o