PDA

View Full Version : Gold Road Resources Ltd ("GOR") - A new gold province?

Pages : [1] 2

steve fleming
30-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Market Cap - approx $6m.

JORC resources of:
- 6.2 million pounds of U3O8 using a 100ppm U3O8 cut-off; and
- 749koz of gold @ 1.78g/t

EKM's JORC resource is part of the Thatcher Soak project majority owned by UNX (currently doing a scoping study on it).

According to RCR Research (http://www.eleckramines.com.au/reports/rr090820.pdf) a deal with UNX could value Thatcher Soak at min.~A$1.00/lb or approximately $6mil.

Therefore EKM's market cap basically equates to its uranium value, with no value at all being recognised for its gold resource.

Peter Strachan has done some research:
http://www.eleckramines.com.au/reports/StrachanCorporateAugust2009.pdf

Very interesting analysis from Minesite.com:
http://www.eleckramines.com.au/reports/Eleckra-May051.pdf

steve fleming
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
from the md:
-------------------
Dear Stakeholder

Please find below the link to the September 2009 Shareholder Update Presentation which I am currently presenting to current and potential investors in Europe & UK.

http://eleckramines.com.au/reports/pres-Sept09.pdf

Regards

Ian Murray
Chairman: Eleckra Mines Limited
www.eleckramines.com.au (http://www.eleckramines.com.au)

Lego_Man
08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks - interesting but they have bugger-all cash in hand and a fast burn rate?

steve fleming
08-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks - interesting but they have bugger-all cash in hand and a fast burn rate?

I actually think $2.4m cash is quite a bit to have on hand for a junior explorer.

Certainly enough to fund at least 3 or 4 drilling campaigns (probably 1 – 1.5 years of drilling expenditure).

Also EKM only has one project area, which is accessible by road from Kal. It’s not as though they are funding expensive exploring operations all over NT/WA, which are more costly to service.

steve fleming
09-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Too easy....

EKM is up 50% since Monday.

EKM was so obviously undervalued by the market it was silly.

I loaded up big time on EKM and EKMO.....easy money.....

Lego_Man
09-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Too easy....

EKM is up 50% since Monday.

EKM was so obviously undervalued by the market it was silly.

I loaded up big time on EKM and EKMO.....easy money.....

I think we've started an avalanche :) . Be nice to have a strong close though.

Depth is incredibly thin but looking interesting. This will be a volatile beast to ride.

steve fleming
09-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I think we've started an avalanche :) . Be nice to have a strong close though.

Depth is incredibly thin but looking interesting. This will be a volatile beast to ride.

Hi Lego –man,

When i was doing my research on EKM i had a few email conversations with Ian Murray , the MD.

In relation to trading activity over the past couple of months he said:

“None of the major shareholders has been selling. Shareholders who did not participate in the placement appear to be acquiring shares, and the selling appears to be coming from previous management and others who took small stakes in the placement, and are cashing in for 1.5c profit. Once the “weak” sellers are out, the price should rise nicely. “

Looks as though the weak sellers are now out....!

Lego_Man
10-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Weak sellers?

How bout all the sellers? Check out that depth...

steve fleming
25-09-2009, 08:36 PM
EKM finding solid support around 7c now.

Holding its recent gains from 4c nicely.

From the md today:

Dear Stakeholder

Please follow the link below to see & hear the presentation I gave over the past two weeks on Eleckra’s European Roadshow, which goes live at 11.30am AEST. http://www.brr.com.au/event/60974 (https://webmail.sydney.bdo.com.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=a2585b2e46984394bdb3d91303243e1e&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.brr.com.au%2fevent%2f60974)

Regards

Ian Murray

Aotea
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Solid drill results in this afternoon...92% SP jump!

EKM looks to find a bigger that anticipated resource...

Huang Chung
07-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Luv ya work, Steve :cool:.

steve fleming
07-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Luv ya work, Steve :cool:.

Cheers HC.

Its getting harder to find bargains like these now....i think what happened earlier this year was a once in a generation opportunity to get reasonably large exposures to ridicuously undervalued small caps at absolute bargain prices...its easy with hindsight, but i am glad now i backed up the truck on stocks like EKM, ORO, ATI, BCN, ESI, AVB etc back then....although the CGT liability i am accumulating is a bit of a headache!

steve fleming
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
To close all square on a Friday afternoon, 2 days after EKM’s biggest ever trading day, when you would expect t+3 selling pressure and closing out of positions prior to the weekend, is a wonderful effort by EKM.

Up almost 100% for the week (from 0.067 to 0.13).

Huang Chung
09-10-2009, 09:19 PM
ah, the wonder of microcaps :rolleyes:.

steve fleming
14-10-2009, 09:58 PM
EKM going from strength to strength.

Biggest ever volume day today!

My EKMO are now up 800% - getting close to my first 10-bagger for the year!

Lego_Man
15-10-2009, 05:26 PM
What we've seen today is one hell of a trend exhaustion

Talk about a blowoff

And on a positive news day too...

soulman
15-10-2009, 06:17 PM
The biggest volume today. But for no result. Ended squared.

I guess the speeding ticket to be issued will be torned before the end of business.

steve fleming
15-10-2009, 09:35 PM
The biggest volume today. But for no result. Ended squared.

I guess the speeding ticket to be issued will be torned before the end of business.

Buy the rumour, sell the fact.

But 20% of the registry changed hands so that should form a nice base for its next leg up.

Absolutely stunning grades!!!!!!! - 4 metres at 60.9 g/t Au from 64 metres including 1 metre at 182.8 g/t Au

That will have to attract the interest of its neighbour Anglo American/ IGO.

Good grades are king among juniors, and these are among the best going round....

....great story to tell here, though probably short term price pressure as (i imagine) they organise a cap raising,

steve fleming
06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Excellent Article!!

-----------------------------------
Dear Stakeholder

Please find below the link to the latest Minesite article on our most recent drilling results and the potential at our 100% owned Yamarna site, entitled “Judging By The Recent Grades, Eleckra Could Be Onto Something Big At Yamarna, Although The Locals Don’t Seem To Care”.

It does make interesting reading. Here are some extracts:
·it is obvious to anyone who has followed grass roots Australian gold exploration that there is a pattern emerging as Eleckra drills deeper and wider;
·what’s happening is that Eleckra appears to have a tiger by its tail;
·it is best pictured as a geological hunt along a massive structure which is throwing up mineable gold grades in multiple locations;
·Eleckra has more targets than it can easily handle, and the company is moving quickly from being an explorer, into feasibility mode, and then into production with the questions then being how big and when.

http://eleckramines.com.au/reports/ma091106-Minesite.pdf

Regards

Ian Murray
www.eleckramines.com.au (http://www.eleckramines.com.au)

evilroyrule
02-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Buy the rumour, sell the fact.

But 20% of the registry changed hands so that should form a nice base for its next leg up.

Absolutely stunning grades!!!!!!! - 4 metres at 60.9 g/t Au from 64 metres including 1 metre at 182.8 g/t Au

That will have to attract the interest of its neighbour Anglo American/ IGO.

Good grades are king among juniors, and these are among the best going round....

....great story to tell here, though probably short term price pressure as (i imagine) they organise a cap raising,

anyone still following this? resource wise seems to be huge, but everytime a coconut, just days after good announcement, sp wanders back down to where it was??? any ideas why??

meesham
02-12-2009, 11:15 PM
anyone still following this? resource wise seems to be huge, but everytime a coconut, just days after good announcement, sp wanders back down to where it was??? any ideas why??

I took a loss on this one last week (only a small one though), mainly out of impatience. I've heard that there'll probably be a capital raising and didn't really want to get caught up in it, I really have sold when it spiked at around 19cents.

steve fleming
11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Big drilling campaign commencing this month, to enable the calculation of a possible multi million ounce resource.

Latest research:
http://www.eleckramines.com.au/reports/StrachanCorporateMarch2010.pdf
http://www.eleckramines.com.au/reports/EKM_1Q102.pdf

Per Peter Strachan:

""Eleckra's drilling programme in April/May 2010 holds potential to outline new,high grade gold mineralisation at the Hann prospect,adjacent to known gold Resources,while extending high grade gold mineralisation at the Central Bore Discovery.
Success is likely to have a significant impact to the value of EKM shares".

Exciting times!

steve fleming
20-04-2010, 03:55 PM
April 19, 2010

Eleckra Mines Hopes To Open Up The Yamarna District As The Fourth Major Gold Belt In Western Australia.

By Nadia Cavallaro / www.minesite.com (http://www.minesite.com)

The Yamarna greenstone belt may become Western Australia's fourth major prospective gold region if Eleckra Mines' preliminary exploration is anything to go by. The company has recently restarted drilling on its Yamarna Gold Project, which already boasts a 749,000 ounce resource based on work done back before the financial crisis took hold. That total ought just to be the start, though. Eleckra executive chairman Ian Murray is convinced the company is sitting on more high-grade deposits.

"The Yamarna greenstone belt is a very prospective area - it has the potential to become the fourth major gold belt in Western Australia," he told Minesite. "We have discovered in the last twelve months an accumulation of high-grade potential at Central Bore. We have drilled down to 150 metres and hit grades of up to 182 grams per tonne". Grades like that arent to be sniffed at.

Drilling is now taking place at the Hann, Burzantium and Central Bore East prospects on Eleckra's Yamarna ground. Unlike other parts of Western Australia, the Yamarna belt is relatively untouched due its remote location. Yamarna is 140 kilometres east of Laverton, a town which itself is around 1,000 kilometres from the state's capital city of Perth.

"Exploration has only been undertaken in the last 15 years, with only serious exploration in the last two years," Murray said. While historically, the thinking has been that the Yamarna greenstone belt holds large tonnages at low grades, Murray is out to prove this notion wrong.

"There will be two months of drilling of a total of 7,000 metres and we will follow up on what we find in the second half of the year," Murray said, adding that drilling could top 25,000 metres for the year. "There is a bend in the shear zone, and geologists were excited to see this, so it prompted us to look off the shear zone where we hit high-grade deposits at Central Bore," he explained.

The company expects to achieve around 500,000 ounces of high-grade metal in the initial resource at Central Bore, which would then justify further development. Eleckra will spend A$3 million on the drilling program over the next 12 months, but once this is complete, it will need to raise capital to fund further work. "We will have to do some capital raising at some stage but once we have our drilling results," Murray said.

"Exploration costs are low in comparison to other exploration areas," Murray noted. "There is road infrastructure, telecommunications and accommodation out there. We can get drill rigs anywhere we need them".

While the company's peers have been indulging in a spot of M&A activity recently, Eleckra is happy to take an outside view. "Our main focus is exploration at the site - we don't want to get into a bidding war in acquiring another project," Murray said. Having said that, though, when drilling results are finalised, Murray expects to see heightened interest in the Yamarna project itself.

"There is no doubt that with our high-grade resources we will have mid-tier to majors knocking on our door," he said. "We are open to hear proposals but we would like to go into production on our own".

How that will be done is a long way from certain yet. The company has yet to decide whether to truck material to an established plant in Laverton, or whether instead to build its own extraction facility.

Either way, the wider context remains favourable. When other metals prices fell drastically during the global financial crises, gold managed to surge. The precious metal has consolidated well, above the US$1,100 level recently. That compares very favourably with the prices of November 2008 when gold was trading at US$725 per ounce.

"The traditional story of a safe haven remains," Murray said, adding that he's expecting to see gold make further gains this year. "The gold market is doing very well, particularly out of Europe where there is a lot of investment in gold juniors," he said. "South African gold production is down and gold discoveries are further apart. Gold production is falling short of demand and for this reason I believe the price will certainly go higher," he said.

Eleckra also has a uranium tenement in the area but it's not yet a priority for the Perth-based company. "It's an asset that is not going to go away". But for now, its not the top priority. "We are focused on gold," Murray said.

STRAT
20-04-2010, 05:40 PM
For those fond of trend lines ( like me ) this one is worth watching close over the next few days/week I reckon. Some early signs of life from some indicators like RSI and OBV.
I love charts like this where a turn looks possible after a spell going in the wrong direction. Although the low was back in Feb it has continued to look weaker through March and April till nowish.

The Steve F Factor should no be underestimated either :lol:

Havent put my money where my mouth is though :scared:

Aotea
20-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Dont be scared Strat..EKM is a good long term stock. The resource, depth of resource and concentrations are loverly...

STRAT
20-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Dont be scared Strat..EKM is a good long term stock. The resource, depth of resource and concentrations are loverly...lol Aotea. Dont know what went wrong with the smilies in that post I thought that scared was an eek.

Its only a long term stock after youve held it for a long timeI reckon :eek2:

steve fleming
12-05-2010, 12:03 AM
I managed to attend the EKM presentation at the RIU Resources Conference today.

EKM geniunely beleive that Yamarna will host Australia's next multi-million ounce gold field.

Results yesterday of bonanza grade gold values of up to 404g/t are pretty amazing - but it is a thin vein.

Still drilling Central Bore, but there are numerous other high grade anomalies (Hann and Byzantium in particular) that will be followed up in the coming months.

Golden Sands, the 1500sqm tenement 25kms north of Tropicana (IGO/Anglogold) hasn't even been touched yet.

EKMs market cap of $20m for a potential multi-million ounce gold discovery (ie multi billion dollar resource) sounds pretty good to me!

steve fleming
13-07-2010, 11:43 PM

EKM geniunely beleive that Yamarna will host Australia's next multi-million ounce gold field.

Results yesterday of bonanza grade gold values of up to 404g/t are pretty amazing - but it is a thin vein.

Still drilling Central Bore, but there are numerous other high grade anomalies (Hann and Byzantium in particular) that will be followed up in the coming months.

Golden Sands, the 1500sqm tenement 25kms north of Tropicana (IGO/Anglogold) hasn't even been touched yet.

EKMs market cap of $20m for a potential multi-million ounce gold discovery (ie multi billion dollar resource) sounds pretty good to me!

EKM story keeps on getting better and better....

from the update today...."Given the many soil targets similar to the
Central Bore surface expression it is possible that we have only intercepted a tip of one of the many “Ice
Bergs” that may exist in our Yamarna project. The combination of the continued high-grade results, the
strike length and depth extension, the gold recovery and gravity separation testworks, the maiden resource
determination and the high-level economic modelling we are undertaking, is pushing us rapidly along a
development decision path"

JBmurc
14-07-2010, 08:21 AM

IGO had some good results in the north part of their Tropicana discovery I'm sadly invested in CVX that have done jack all since the two goldies merged to form CVX they hold a large portion of the land south of Tropicana..
Any Idea of EKM cash balance (one thing CVX has a load of CASH)might be worth jumping ship if they keep the good results coming

airedale
14-07-2010, 09:11 AM
I have got this one on my watch list. The July 12th newsletter from oilbarrel.com gave it a write up.

steve fleming
23-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Now that AVB/OB has 'popped', I am waiting patiently for EKM/O.

It certainly has the potential to attract traders - witness the big volume/heavy trading days of 15/10/2009 and 10/05/2010. Those days stick out like a sore thumb compared to the average daily trades over the last year.

EKM just needs a catayst to excite the market - hopefully that will come when they announce the RC drills from Cental Bore East, which is underway at the moment. Four new gold discoveries in 15 months is pretty amazing really - but the market has'nt caught on yet.

Huang Chung
23-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Hi Steve

Held these briefly a week or so ago, but swapped them for Kasbah (KAS).

Looks to be an interesting stock, and one well worth considering.

I will watch their progress closely.

gazprom1
27-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Now that AVB/OB has 'popped', I am waiting patiently for EKM/O.

It certainly has the potential to attract traders - witness the big volume/heavy trading days of 15/10/2009 and 10/05/2010. Those days stick out like a sore thumb compared to the average daily trades over the last year.

EKM just needs a catayst to excite the market - hopefully that will come when they announce the RC drills from Cental Bore East, which is underway at the moment. Four new gold discoveries in 15 months is pretty amazing really - but the market has'nt caught on yet.

SF/ HC,

After your last posts, I did some background reading and decided to buy some EKMO this am and picked up 150,000 at the open. Would have liked more but not prepared to push the price higher. Thanks for the posts.

Gazprom

trackers
29-09-2010, 10:35 AM
This one looks good...

$25mil market cap. $3.5m cash.

750,000oz gold resource (as at 2008), 6.2mil lb uranium (INFERRED) resource.

4 gold discoveries (Central Bore at high grades) in 12 months.

Central Bore looks like a real goer, their best result so far is 3 metres at 136g/t Au from 192 metres, including 1 metre at 404g/t;

Further drilling at Central Bore is underway at present.. The deposit remains open at depth.

Short term drivers: Continued good results from Central Bore drilling... Revised JORC?

Thoughts?

Aotea
29-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Trackers...
My thoughts are anything under 18-20c and this is undervalued.

That said, I hold and my be biased.

Once they drill deeper, this puppy is going to move north...

trackers
30-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Glad you're in this one too Aotea... Good write up today on minesite

http://www.minesite.com/nc/minews/singlenews/article/eleckra-is-starting-to-unlock-an-entirely-new-gold-belt-stretching-north-from-anglos-massive-tropi/1.html

Eleckra Is Starting To Unlock An Entirely New Gold Belt, Stretching North From Anglo?s Massive Tropicana Project In Western Australia
By Our Man in Oz

Most explorers join the dots to demonstrate that they have made a discovery. Eleckra Mines is doing it differently. It is drawing lines in the sand - but what lines, and what sand! Over the past few months a furious drilling program at Eleckra?s Yamarna project, in the remote semi-desert country north-east of Kalgoorlie, has started to reveal a fresh series of near-parallel lines of strike carrying rich gold assays. Patient Eleckra investors might ask what?s new? - their company has been sitting on a reasonable resource of 750,000 ounces in its original Yamarna discovery zone since 2008. The answer is that the latest ?lines of discovery? are richer, thicker, and have the unmistakable look of a mine-in-waiting.
The first recent clue that Eleckra is onto something better than its original discovery, which graded a somewhat lowly 1.78 grams a tonne, came with the discovery of the Central Bore prospect a few kilometres to the east of Attila. This is where assays up to 60.9 grams per tonne over four metres were returned, with an ultra high-grade core of up to 182.8 grams per tonne ver a metre. Those assays were reported late last year, at a time when not too many people were looking either at the wider gold market, or at Eleckra?s work in a region which can only be called back-of-beyond.

What has the potential now significantly to enhance the outlook for Eleckra is the latest set of discoveries that it?s been delivering, which consist of more near-parallel lines of strike, deliciously close to the original Central Bore discovery zone. Last week the first complete set of assays from reverse circulation drilling was returned from the Central Bore East anomaly, located about 250 metres east of Central Bore itself. Best hits were seven metres at 4.32 grams per tonne, starting at a depth of 28 metres, and six metres at 1.39 grams per tonne, from 24 metres.

To a casual observer, the latest drilling results are difficult to comprehend without having an Eleckra director close at hand to explain what it means. Minesite?s Man in Oz went one better yesterday. He didn?t consult just one director. He spoke to two. First up was a chat with Russell Davis, a man best known as managing director of copper explorer, Syndicated Metals, who was conveniently on hand at an investment conference in Queensland, which Minesite just happened to be attending (at the Royal Pines golf course, if you must ask). It was Russell who drew a ?mud map? on the back of a Talisman Mining presentation to explain what?s afoot at Yamarna, and Central Bore in particular ? and it?s that map which triggered the lines-in-the-sand analogy.

If you look at Yamarna from above, something which was suggested on Minesite in July, when we last scrutinised Eleckra, there is a long line of discovery called Attila/Alaric, and it?s this which contains most of that original 750,000 ounce resource. As the eye travels east, aided by Russell?s mud map, the fresh lines of discovery start to stand out. First is Central Bore itself, a structure which is being extended north and south with fresh drilling. Then, between 250 metres and 380 metres east, is the freshly-found Central Bore East which was detected using geophysical surveys and geochemical sampling, and which is now the subject of early-stage drilling. Two lines of mineralised strike within a few hundred metres of each other is encouraging, especially as the gold grades are significantly higher than the Attila/Alaric zone.

But wait, there?s more ? both further to the east and further to the west. A few hundred metres from Central Bore East are early hints of another line of strike, yet to be drilled, but giving off exploration signals similar to those that its neighbours have been giving off. And to the west of Central Bore are additional areas of discovery, including one called Byzantium, which abuts the original Central Bore discovery, and another called the Hann discovery, which lies closer to Attila/Alaric.

Armed with Russell?s mud map it was time to talk to Eleckra?s chief executive, Ian Murray. His opening description of what's unfolding at Yamarna is that it should no longer be seen as a single project. "It's a regional gold play", Ian said. "We're starting to unlock an entire gold belt which appears to stretch north from the six million ounce Tropicana discovery in the south." Ian said the four discoveries made so far could prove to be just the start of exploration success, with a number of separate structures yet to be drilled. ?We are ticking all the boxes which point to a significant gold project development?, he added.

Over the next few months assay results will continue to flow, as Eleckra maintains its busy schedule of reverse circulation, rotary air blast (RAB) and diamond drilling, with the diamond work designed to test structures at depth. In August alone the company punched down 17,000 metres of drill hole, and there?s another 7,000 to 10,000 metres scheduled between now and the end of November. Over the Christmas recess desk work will move towards re-assessing the resource numbers for Yamarna, and it looks a no-brainer that the long-standing 750,000 ounce resource will soar through the one million ounce mark ? complete with sufficient high-grade material to start mine planning.

On the market, Eleckra continues to gather strength. A stock which was A7 cents at this time last year, and A10 cents two weeks ago, this week touched A13 cents in relatively heavy trade. News flow, especially the assay results from the discovery zones around Central Bore will be the driver for the shares over the next few months. After that will come the resource upgrade, and then, perhaps in quick smart time, Eleckra will be able to declare that it has mine. And all thanks to drawing lines in the sand and connecting some dots.P.s If you look at trading volumes, I think the smart money took a position yesterday (huge volumes, no sp movement, no trading on oppies)

steve fleming
01-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Glad you're in this one too Aotea... Good write up today on minesite

http://www.minesite.com/nc/minews/singlenews/article/eleckra-is-starting-to-unlock-an-entirely-new-gold-belt-stretching-north-from-anglos-massive-tropi/1.html

P.s If you look at trading volumes, I think the smart money took a position yesterday (huge volumes, no sp movement, no trading on oppies)

Cheers for that Trackers - interesting the comment about the promising target to the east of Cental Bore East, which hasn't been announced yet to the market.

Volumes have definitely picked up over the past couple of weeks - just need the RC drills to start coming through, as the RAB drilling is very shallow and lower grades.

STRAT
11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Steve and Trackers.
What do you fellas think of the announcement today?

Market hasnt shown any interest

trackers
11-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Steve and Trackers.
What do you fellas think of the announcement today?

Market hasnt shown any interest

Well.. the RAB drilling was only to about 50metres so its hard to put too much faith in the results? Just like SF says above. But its successfully extended the Central Bore strike by 1km in both directions which is awesome, and picked up some moly on the way.

The best results came from Central Bore East (justinian) which is interesting. Also:

-the moly was found in a new 800m anomaly east of Central Bore
-new 1km hit of lead and gold found 200m west of Central Bore

Overall though, the imminent RC drilling is the real key

STRAT
11-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks Trackers.
Im late to the party but interested all the same

COLIN
11-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks Trackers.
Im late to the party but interested all the same

SMD, Steve's "sister of EKM", seems to have been performing relatively better of late, so I bought a few of those a day or two ago, in preference to EKM which I have been watching for a while.

STRAT
12-10-2010, 07:50 AM
SMD, Steve's "sister of EKM", seems to have been performing relatively better of late, so I bought a few of those a day or two ago, in preference to EKM which I have been watching for a while.
I noticed that Colin and well done with your timing. I think this one has bigger potential though.

STRAT
14-10-2010, 04:25 PM
EKM has broken out today with increased volume.

soulman
14-10-2010, 06:58 PM
EKM has broken out today with increased volume.

Strat, are you a seller today? I sold at the closed for 16.5. Since I said that, there is a chance EKM trotting to 19 tomorrow.

STRAT
14-10-2010, 08:31 PM
No Soulman. Not me selling. Its looking good

COLIN
14-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I noticed that Colin and well done with your timing. I think this one has bigger potential though.

Interesting, though, that SMD moved up by the same percentage today.

STRAT
14-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Interesting, though, that SMD moved up by the same percentage today.
Just Coincidence I think Colin. Do you have a juicy conspiracy theory you would like to share? :D

COLIN
14-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Just Coincidence I think Colin. Do you have a juicy conspiracy theory you would like to share? :D

I'm just a simple country boy, Strat!

airedale
14-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Been watching this one forming a base.Is it good enough for the "breakouts thread, Strat.:)

STRAT
15-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi Airedale.
I thinks so too.

COLIN
15-10-2010, 11:43 PM

Well, they certainly diverged today, Strat - SMD up 10% while EKM down 6%. I must admit that last night I convinced myself that I should hold EKM as well as SMD, but thankfully I wasn't able to go on-line until later in the day and by that time the two paths had parted, so I have held off. Also, the buy/sell balance is much more in SMD's favour, and that factor always carries a lot of weight in my decision-making processes.

Intersetingly, on a 2-year time scale both shares have moved by exactly the same percentage.

gazprom1
19-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Trackers/ SF,

Sold a quarter of my EKMO today at 9.4 cents. It has been a very quick ride but happy to take a profit....up 70% for 3 weeks. They continue to have great announcements. Thanks for bringing it my attention.....my shout in Christchurch!

gazprom

gazprom1
19-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Just sold a quarter more....9.9...80% gain. I am guessing I may regret selling but money off the table for other investments.

Another quarter at 9.9.....

steve fleming
19-10-2010, 09:16 PM

Well the first RC drill results from Central Bore East (now renamed Justinian ) didn't excite the market today, but IMO this is one of the most significant announcemnets that EKM has ever announced.

7m of visible high grade gold from the first RC drill at Justinian is pretty impressive.

More importantly, it confirms EKM's belief that there is a cluster of high grade gold shoots east of the Atilla trend.

According to EKM the significant width of this intersection suggests the Justinian Trend could be even more significant than Central Bore.

EKM story is just beginning IMO.....how amazing would it be if they have actually uncovered a whole new gold province as EKM have previoulsy been aluding to???

airedale
19-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi Gazprom, we are looking at more than one way to skin a cat. Thanks for leaving some cash on the table:). I am accumulating on the breakout here.

trackers
20-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Just sold a quarter more....9.9...80% gain. I am guessing I may regret selling but money off the table for other investments.

Another quarter at 9.9.....

Pretty good score there :) I think EKM will take off, but not until assays are out and this could be a month away... Plus who knows what the markets (and the appetite for spec juniors) will be like then /shrug

EKMO's pretty highly priced compared to the heads, will be interesting to see what happens there short term.

airedale
20-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Tony Parry shares his thoughts on Eleckra.

http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/7606

STRAT
20-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Pretty good score there :) I think EKM will take off, but not until assays are out and this could be a month away... .Dunno. Its looking alright today in a sea of red. Trackers.

steve fleming
20-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Strong close....

EKMO getting close to being my second ten bagger in a month

gazprom1
20-10-2010, 10:37 PM
SF/ Trackers - either of you looked at ADD? I decided to take a punt and bought a million at an average of 2.39 cents...rights issue at 2 for 3 held at 2 cents plus an option for every 2 new at 4 cents until 2013. While on the very high risk side of things a couple of the risks are not as high as they first appear. Indonesia is no longer the dictatorship it once was and it is a functionning fragile democracy. Management have been less than forthcoming and I am tending towards thinking that the acreage is already a signed deal despite their comments. $2 million of cap raisings is underwritten......it is still CE, cut off date 27th. Beautiful chart=)Views?

COLIN
20-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Well, they certainly diverged today, Strat - SMD up 10% while EKM down 6%. I must admit that last night I convinced myself that I should hold EKM as well as SMD, but thankfully I wasn't able to go on-line until later in the day and by that time the two paths had parted, so I have held off. Also, the buy/sell balance is much more in SMD's favour, and that factor always carries a lot of weight in my decision-making processes.

Intersetingly, on a 2-year time scale both shares have moved by exactly the same percentage.

Seems that it was EKM's turn today - SMD's tomorrow, perhaps!

steve fleming
20-10-2010, 10:59 PM
SF/ Trackers - either of you looked at ADD? I decided to take a punt and bought a million at an average of 2.39 cents...rights issue at 2 for 3 held at 2 cents plus an option for every 2 new at 4 cents until 2013. While on the very high risk side of things a couple of the risks are not as high as they first appear. Indonesia is no longer the dictatorship it once was and it is a functionning fragile democracy. Management have been less than forthcoming and I am tending towards thinking that the acreage is already a signed deal despite their comments. $2 million of cap raisings is underwritten......it is still CE, cut off date 27th. Beautiful chart=)Views?

Interesting Gaz.....I agree with your comments.

Am pretty well loaded up on ADD...looking fwd to the rights issue

See thread: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8022-Adavale-Resources-Limited-%28-quot-ADD-quot-%29-Cheap-Coal

gazprom1
21-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks SF....biggest risk, IMO, is general market risk. If the markets turn then liquidity will be lost too quickly for an exit at any price. Will be very interesting to see the announcements post placement.....they will be thick and fast.....agreements finalised, new dirt, starting production, upgrade in reserves.....=)

Gaz

trackers
21-10-2010, 10:05 AM

Unfortunately the Ex date is today, so too late I think (even though T+3 still gives plenty of time before Record Date, but Computershare must have closed the register or something)! Bugger. Will look into these guys anyway and may buy in if theres a dip - Cheers Gaz/SF for the heads up :)

Yeah hope so!

STRAT
21-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Some fat orders on the buy side this arvo. This is starting to look very healthy

STRAT
25-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Seems that it was EKM's turn today - SMD's tomorrow, perhaps!Looks like EKM may kick SMDs arse today Colin:lol:

airedale
25-10-2010, 12:10 PM
I like the term bonanza being used in the ann. today

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=EKM&E=ASX&N=511096

STRAT
25-10-2010, 12:12 PM
I like the term bonanza being used in the ann. today

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=EKM&E=ASX&N=511096lol. Its a good word eh? :D

evilroyrule
25-10-2010, 12:12 PM
steve fleming you are a legend. please PM me your address so i may send you something to drink. my first ever double bagger. ekmo. in less than 3 weeks. many thanks

whatsup
25-10-2010, 12:48 PM
27-- TWENTY SEVEN oz's OF GOLD PER TONNE, DOUBLE WOW/WOW/DOUBLE WOW; .50 here we come !!

trackers
25-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Dominating, nice! Unfortunately I hold very very few EKMO and a whole lot of SMD... backed the wrong horse me thinks... My EKMO are close to a 3 bagger now

whatsup
25-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Dominating, nice! Unfortunately I hold very very few EKMO and a whole lot of SMD... backed the wrong horse me thinks... My EKMO are close to a 3 bagger now

Still better than CDU at $ 4.50 !

steve fleming
25-10-2010, 09:44 PM
The grades are fantastic, etc, but i just think it is incredible to think that EKM may have discovered a whole new gold province.

EKM control the whole belt, 4000 plus km. basically the whole region.

They know there is a 33km trend there, with bonanza grade structures.

The ramifications of discovering a whole new gold belt (if they do, and Management seem to be increasingly confident) will be so massive, I struggle to get my head round it.

COLIN
26-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Congratulations, fellows. I seem to have misjudged on this one. It irks me to have missed out on the early gains but I don't think I am going to be able to resist the urge to try jumping on this speeding train.

STRAT
26-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi Colin. You can loose a limb jumping onto speeding trains but what excited me with this one over her sister is pretty much summed up in the last line in Steves post above.

Aotea
26-10-2010, 11:35 AM
This is gold...I bought in at 7c!

Tried to talk some mates into EKM and they went for Atom Energy instead....

Well done to those who hold. This one is going to boost in the near future.

h2so4
26-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Hi Colin. You can loose a limb jumping onto speeding trains but what excited me with this one over her sister is pretty much summed up in the last line in Steves post above.

Hi Strat

Yeah I thought the same, even though I don't know what I'm talking about, those drill results look staggering.

Looks like you guys have got this tiger by the tail.

More altitude sickness me thinks.

Come on the train.:)

STRAT
26-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi H2.
Not so much the grades ( though they are good ), more the potential size of the thing. Its only chatter and opinions right now but......

Ive sunk a third of my AVBOB winnings into this one ( entered at 14c ).

COLIN
27-10-2010, 08:18 PM

I had to wait a week for that hope to be fulfilled - SMD up 14% today (on a generally bleak day) and EKM down 2%.

"Investment is all about the transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient!"

soulman
27-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I had to wait a week for that hope to be fulfilled - SMD up 14% today (on a generally bleak day) and EKM down 2%.

"Investment is all about the transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient!"

You still hold both Colin?

It seems my last exit on EKM at 18 and and EKMO at 12 was premature. Maybe another capital raising is on the horizon for EKM.

COLIN
27-10-2010, 11:52 PM
You still hold both Colin?

No, I still haven't boarded the EKM train - perhaps through fear of the sort of accident that Strat has warned me about!

trackers
28-10-2010, 09:29 AM
The grades are fantastic, etc, but i just think it is incredible to think that EKM may have discovered a whole new gold province.

EKM control the whole belt, 4000 plus km. basically the whole region.

They know there is a 33km trend there, with bonanza grade structures.

The ramifications of discovering a whole new gold belt (if they do, and Management seem to be increasingly confident) will be so massive, I struggle to get my head round it.

listened to BRR... They're expecting the assays back from 4 holes surrounding the 'bonanza' intercept back within 2 weeks - And there was visible gold in the pan from these holes also. Could continue this very high grade 'Imperial Shoot' that they've found.

He also said that assays from the visible gold found 200meters away in Justinian trend are due back in 2-4 weeks.

He finally said (lol) that they honestly believe they're in elephant country and they're finding elephants.

I took some profits from SMD yesterday and topped my EKMO holdings up so that I actually hold a reasonable amount of both now.

evilroyrule
01-11-2010, 11:51 AM
keep an eye on ekm/ekmo today. its going to go thermo-nuclear.

trackers
01-11-2010, 12:05 PM
keep an eye on ekm/ekmo today. its going to go thermo-nuclear.

Woooooosh! awesome

whatsup
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
woooooosh! Awesome

double woooooooosh !!!

Stumpynuts
01-11-2010, 01:12 PM
double woooooooosh !!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

STRAT
01-11-2010, 01:14 PM
LOL
Just got in and saw the rize so I thought id check the thread to see what you fellas thought was the reason.

Now I know. Not 1 but 2 wooooshes. That explains it :lol:

evilroyrule
01-11-2010, 01:26 PM
strat, clearly it is the whoosh factor. and when you have 2 whooshes more so. wait till we get a toot - too into a whoosh squared by a thumbs up divided by a blue sky.

i also believe it may have something to do with a number of investor presentations that are being made. for me, it is a combo of the whoosh, the new interest, and the dawning on those who already hold the possible magnitude of the new discoveries,:D

Stumpynuts
01-11-2010, 01:28 PM
strat, clearly it is the whoosh factor. and when you have 2 whooshes more so. wait till we get a toot - too into a whoosh squared by a thumbs up divided by a blue sky.

i also believe it may have something to do with a number of investor presentations that are being made. for me, it is a combo of the whoosh, the new interest, and the dawning on those who already hold the possible magnitude of the new discoveries,:D

Does anybody believe there is the distinct possibility that the SP will go 'apesh*t' even further?

trackers
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I'd say its investors getting in (in anticipation of HG results from Justinian assays this week or next) after the Sydney investors presentation.

Waiting for SF to add EKMO to his 20 baggers list....

evilroyrule
01-11-2010, 02:28 PM
unbelievable day today. still going strong.

trackers
01-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Announcement out..

In hole 10EYRC0116, visible very fine gold has been panned in the following down hole intervals, 35-40m, 42-45m, 49-52m, 52-58m, 64-71m, 75-78m, 83-84m and 106-107m. Below the oxidation zone (~40-50m below surface) strong alteration is observed including the presence of fine sulphides and molybdenum. The best molybdenum intercept (with associated anomalous lead, copper, carbonates and scandium values), comparable to hole 10EYRC0107, was recorded over 6 metres from 100 metres. Hole 10EYRC0116 is 200 metres to the south of hole 10EYRC0107.We all know what the grades were last time EKM panned visible gold (that also had anomalous lead,copper, scandium etc in it)

evilroyrule
01-11-2010, 08:33 PM
tracks, what do you make of the "weak to strong" comments appearing in that report when describing results?

steve fleming
01-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Waiting for SF to add EKMO to his 20 baggers list....

Done.

I am 100% sure I will never ever again have two 20-baggers in a month.

It all comes back to what i said in this post in October last year:

...i think what happened earlier this year was a once in a generation opportunity to get reasonably large exposures to ridicuously undervalued small caps at absolute bargain prices...its easy with hindsight, but i am glad now i backed up the truck on stocks like EKM, ORO, ATI, BCN, ESI, AVB etc back then....

Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Researched contrarian buying - IMO you can't beat it.

trackers
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Hard to say until assays are back. Ziggy says

"Within the balance of the 11 RC holes drilled to date on the Justinian trend variable signs of mineralisation has been noted with some holes displaying only modest zones of alteration and the interpreted mineralisation zones while much broader than Central Bore is still poorly understood."

I'd say they think they're onto a winner with Justinian but that the zone isn't quite playing out how they originally thought and they've potentially dry holed a couple. But we will certainly see, no visible gold in several holes doesn't mean much (the BRR interview suggested the results would be quicker than what Ziggy is saying - this week or next)

steve fleming
01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Hard to say until assays are back. Ziggy says

"Within the balance of the 11 RC holes drilled to date on the Justinian trend variable signs of mineralisation has been noted with some holes displaying only modest zones of alteration and the interpreted mineralisation zones while much broader than Central Bore is still poorly understood."

I'd say they think they're onto a winner with Justinian but that the zone isn't quite playing out how they originally thought and they've potentially dry holed a couple. But we will certainly see, no visible gold in several holes doesn't mean much (the BRR interview suggested the results would be quicker than what Ziggy is saying - this week or next)

I agree, without the assays, and just relying on visible analysis, it is just speculating. However, i think the market will read the announcement as a little disappointing.

Ian Murray, in his email sent out this afternoon, highlighted in italics the potential 72m intercept at 10EYRC0116, which would be very impressive.

Gasbox
02-11-2010, 03:34 AM
FYI Eleckra Executives are taking part in the Minesite conference in London on the 16th November presenting to institutional and retail investors, price action around that date will be interesting.

soulman
02-11-2010, 06:01 AM
FYI Eleckra Executives are taking part in the Minesite conference in London on the 16th November presenting to institutional and retail investors, price action around that date will be interesting.

The thing is Gasbox, if everybody thinks one way, it usually goes the other. Just look at NAV for eg, it goes south after the announcement of the demerger of their REE asset. The capital raising at 22 cents shouldn't have deterred NAV trading in their 30's now but it has. Also, their quarterly were weak.

EKM looks very good FA, TA and momentum. Altogether and you get a runaway train.

hal
03-11-2010, 01:53 AM
The thing is Gasbox, if everybody thinks one way, it usually goes the other. Just look at NAV for eg, it goes south after the announcement of the demerger of their REE asset. The capital raising at 22 cents shouldn't have deterred NAV trading in their 30's now but it has. Also, their quarterly were weak.

EKM looks very good FA, TA and momentum. Altogether and you get a runaway train.

Apparently Ian Murray is on Boardroom Radio again tomorrow which should be really interesting as we should get some information on this latest announcement.

They are also travelling to Europe and London soon for a number of presentations. Looks like a really exciting little company but I guess time will tell the full story.

evilroyrule
03-11-2010, 12:05 PM
looks like business as usual today! what a ride. with new results still coming, investor presentations we may have a bit more to go. might be some gaps that need to be filled? who knws, good fun tho!

evilroyrule
03-11-2010, 12:33 PM
good opportunity on the oppies at mo. they at 26. heads 37. oppies conversion is only 7 cents.

evilroyrule
03-11-2010, 03:14 PM
crazy. even better volume today. still letting it run...how about you others. any targets in mind? geez, when its this strong i guess we just wait and see.

Stumpynuts
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
crazy. even better volume today. still letting it run...how about you others. any targets in mind? geez, when its this strong i guess we just wait and see.

If trading patterns continue as they are, would it be foolish to suggest a SP of $0.60c by the end of the month?

I rub my hands with glee at the thought?

STRAT
03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
crazy. even better volume today. still letting it run...how about you others. any targets in mind? geez, when its this strong i guess we just wait and see.Hi Roy.
Glad to hear you are letting it run. Personally I dont have targets. Just let it go till it changes direction.

evilroyrule
03-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi Roy.
Glad to hear you are letting it run. Personally I dont have targets. Just let it go till it changes direction.

thank you strat. i am most unaccustomed to having anything behave like this. now a five bagger. so its a real learning curve for me. i think Mr P gave me some pointers about early indicators, OBV and Stochastic so ill try and dig those up. how a little blue arrow can change ones mood!

STRAT
03-11-2010, 04:48 PM
thank you strat. i am most unaccustomed to having anything behave like this. now a five bagger. so its a real learning curve for me. i think Mr P gave me some pointers about early indicators, OBV and Stochastic so ill try and dig those up. how a little blue arrow can change ones mood!As long as that learning curve goes up to the right its all good. The great thing about being up that far is you dont have to panic at the first sign of it slipping back. More wriggle room and more time to assess any pull back.
Have a wee look at the CUE chart as an example. If Id bought CUE in the 30s I would have sold on the recent retrace but I have confidence in the company and with an entry at around 14c Im letting it ride.

trackers
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Another great day. Was eyeing the exit but couldn't resist hanging in

steve fleming
04-11-2010, 08:56 PM
This detailed research report is a great read.....some excellent valuation analysis!

http://www.eleckramines.com.au/reports/EKMRCRReviewNov2010Final.pdf

"It seems that everywhere Eleckra looks, more targets are being
identified."

hal
04-11-2010, 10:56 PM
This detailed research report is a great read.....some excellent valuation analysis!

identified."

Excelent report. Thanks Steve

trackers
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM

identified."

Thanks Steve, realistic and very interesting. 44c short term on decent Justinian news sounds pretty fair to me ($92/oz is undervalued given their potential surely)...

I'd personally love to see EKM do a big cap raising so they can get a drill or two working full time at Yamarna but we will see

STRAT
05-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I'd personally love to see EKM do a big cap raising That wont be far off I reckon Trackers.

Hi Steve,. Thanks from me too.

sparrow
06-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Eleckra Strikes It Rich At Yamarna In Western Australia, And London’s Investors Are Likely To Be The First To Know The Full Details
By Our Man in Oz

Mother said it was rude to say “I told you so”, which is why Minesite’s Man in Oz will not quite go down that road, but rather simply refer readers interested in Eleckra Mines to a story from September 29th which hinted (loudly) that the Australian gold explorer was closing in on proving the existence of an entirely new gold province. Back then, all of five weeks ago, Eleckra was trading at A13 cents and not attracting much interest, outside a band of hardy followers. Wow, do times change! Early this Wednesday 3rd November, Eleckra traded up to an all-time high of A36.5 cents, a better than double-your money trip in just over a month. But what makes this even more interesting is that while the action is in a very remote part of Western Australia, it is likely to be London investors who get to hear first what’s afoot at the Yamarna project. Eleckra’s executive chairman, Ian Murray, will be presenting at the next Minesite Forum on November 16th, possibly with the most important set of assays in the company’s history in his back pocket.
What Ian might have, if 72 metres of drill core can be assayed in the promised two weeks, is news of a discovery which will change everything for Eleckra. Until now, the company has been working almost on its own in a patch of Australia some 900 kilometres north-east of Perth, and 140 kilometres east of Laverton, the last watering hole before the South Australian border. It is a region with virtually no surface rock outcrop – everything’s been weathered flat by four billion years of wind, rain and sun. But under the billiard table flatness run ancient fault systems which have brought gold to the surface in a series of near-parallel structures. Three of those are well-known, and include the richest of them all – the one that runs through Kalgoorlie. What Eleckra is seeking to prove, though, is that there is a fourth major sheer-zone that incorporates its Yamarna project, and then runs south into the rich Tropicana discovery of Independence Group and AngloGold.
Previously Eleckra’s plan to make the shift from explorer to miner centred around the Central Bore discovery where most of the company’s current resource of 750,000 ounces of gold is located. Modest in size and grade, Central Bore never stirred much interest among investors. That started to change on October 25th when the company reported a bonanza hit of 845 grams a tonne, or 27 ounces, across a very thin one metre section, news that lifted the share price from A18 cents to A22 cents. That was followed on Monday 1st November with first news from drilling on the Justinian trend, which runs parallel to Central Bore just 200 metres to the east. No assays have been received, yet, but panning the drill cuttings has liberated visible gold. And that news lifted Eleckra from A22 cents to A28 cents.
Now comes news fresh from the field, where the latest drilling at the Justinian structure was completed on Friday 29th October. A total of 11 holes were drilled, adding up to 1,490 metres ranging in depth from 81 metres to 237 metres. Fine gold has been panned at intervals in a number of the holes, but in hole number 116 the visible gold was noted virtually all the way down, from 35 metres to when the hole ended at 107 metres. It’s the assays from Hole 116 that Ian and his crew, led by general manager, Zingy Lubieniecki, are now waiting for. All being well, they should be ready in time for the November 16th Minesite Forum. Ahead of that event interest has already been sparked among investors, who have now driven the shares up to a closing trade at A36.5 cents at the time of writing – a price which values Eleckra at A$82 million, and a level which puts it on the radar screen of institutions.
The enthusiasm building inside Eleckra was almost measurable, when Minesite called Ian to discuss the latest developments at Yamarna, and to inquire whether Central Bore remains the place at which Eleckra will start mining. “That was the case, until a week ago,” Ian said. Next inquiry: is Justinian a game changer? “It could be. We had those first seven metres of visible gold in Hole 107, which certainly raised interest to a new level. We’re waiting on assays but there was a lot of sulphide material masking the gold in the pan.”
“On Friday, Ziggy drilled a hole to the south. That was No.116 where he hit mineralisation from 35 metres. On Friday night Ziggy phoned to say he was getting on a plane to come back to Perth so we can head off to Europe and the Minesite forum. He left the camp to get on the plane with the hole down to 100 metres and drilling ahead. Mineralisation ended at 107 metres, and while we don’t know precisely what’s there, visible gold was noted at intervals all the way down, plus all the usual trace elements that are associated with the gold at Central Bore.” Next question: how long to get an assay from 72 metres of drill core? “Normally, they could push that through in four weeks. Because it is such a big and important core we’re told it can be done in two weeks”, Ian said.
The devil, as ever, will be in the detail of the assays and future drilling. What makes this latest news from Yamarna so important is that Justinian is a discovery which lies between the Central Bore line of strike and another structure named Central Bore East. As it currently stands Justinian looks to be thicker and richer than anything else in the Yamarna area, which is itself part of a massive tenement holding covering 3,200 square kilometres in the far eastern goldfields of Western Australia, and which appears to have similar geological and geophysical signatures as Tropicana to the south.
London, after showing little interest in Eleckra, apart from the long-term support of Richard Lockwood, is waking up to the Yamarna story. The last time Ian visited he could only organise sufficient meetings with investors to fill in a day of his dance card. As he gets ready to pop over for the next Minesite forum Ian’s dance card already covers three days, and is growing – in tandem with Eleckra’s share price.

----------------------------------------------------------------

What's everyones opinion for further upside.
More assays due from Cetral Bore and Justinian by approx end of November.
I'm inclined to top up next week if 35c is still in the offing.

Stumpynuts
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
What's everyones opinion for further upside. .

IMO, if Hole 116 results report more ridiculously high assays, then it's going to be an even more adventurous journey for the SP. Especially if they can bring the results for 16 to the London presentation.
Also encouraging is the fact that EKM have only so far drilled within a 6 sq/km zone out of a total available tenement of 4000km+ . I find it quite remarkable that the SP has rocketed from only such a small drilling area.

STRAT
07-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi Sparrow.
I must say Im even more encouraged about this ones upside now I see you have taken an interest :cool:

Thanks for the article

COLIN
07-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi Sparrow.
I must say Im even more encouraged about this ones upside now I see you have taken an interest :cool:

Thanks for the article

All this excitement about EKM's prospects(!) is wreaking havoc with my nerves, Strat. Maybe the only cure is to capitulate and join the mob.

And I have just noticed that you have now hit the 5,000 post mark - congratulations - let me bow in reverence, oh Great Leader! How can the rest of us peasants possibly ignore your emanations now!

STRAT
07-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Colin. Sorry about the stress mate.

5000 posts eh? Mostly drivel I might add and the reason I have "Steve Ray Vaughan is a god" under my nick. I would be very embarrassed to have :blush:legend:blush: or what ever it is you get at 5000 written up there. There are some very clever people on this site. I am not one of them.

COLIN
07-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Colin. Sorry about the stress mate.

5000 posts eh? Mostly drivel I might add and the reason I have "Steve Ray Vaughan is a god" under my nick. I would be very embarrassed to have :blush:legend:blush: or what ever it is you get at 5000 written up there. There are some very clever people on this site. I am not one of them.

Too modest!

Keep on strumming that 1963 Fender Stratocaster! (No, I'm not at all knowledgable in that area - just know how to access Wikipedia!)

STRAT
08-11-2010, 05:38 AM
Too modest!

Keep on strumming that 1963 Fender Stratocaster! (No, I'm not at all knowledgable in that area - just know how to access Wikipedia!)Thanks Colin.
and hey, for the record Im a finger picker not a strummer and my Strat aint that old though I am:eek2:. Want to hear how a Strat should sound? Click on the link in my signature.

sparrow
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Sparrow.

Thanks for the article

Hi Strat,

Thanks ( I think) for the complement.
Haven't posted much at all for a few years, but remember the good old Mincor days .
Have had some serious medical issues arise (cancer) - in fact just got back from a couple of days in hospital an hour ago.

So a few weeks ago thought I'd better try and put some effort in and boost the share portfolio value for the wife and kids before I head off to the great trading floor above (or below).

The issue with the Gillard/Rudd Super Mining tax semms to have resolved itself somewhat and investors are looking at mining shares again.

Just today selling some CFE to loosen up some cash for more EKM before the next 2 lots of assay results come out.

All the best Strat,
Sparrer

evilroyrule
08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
hey sparrow, thanks for the post over the weekend. i have been trying to figure out too where to find some more funds to bank into ekm. was looking at my cfe holding, but read somewhere they are expecting the jorc for mayoko (or marampa) to be announced this week. cld be pure ramping who knws, but the article you posted clearly shows there is plenty more upside left in this one yet. so im confined to just watching for now, and ekmo up another 13% today. was expecting some kind of retrace, but we might hit 50c first.:mellow: maybe ill hang on till the cap. raising

happy trading

STRAT
08-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Sparrow.
Im so very sorry to hear that. The big C seems to be all around me these days. Both my dad and Step dad have just come through prostate cancer and my best friends mum... Well we dont know yet.

My post was most definitely intended as a compliment. I assume you are FA and damn good at it. I cant imagine how else you would manage to pick long term prospects and be up the top of the Share Picking comps year after year.

Power to you in your battle.

evilroyrule
09-11-2010, 04:36 PM
classic. ONE bid for 1 million at 37.

evilroyrule
09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
can i just do a little toot-toot re ekm and pir today without being accused of ramping?:mellow:

STRAT
09-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Wow. EKM going off again this arvo. They must have paned some more nuggets :scared:

evilroyrule
09-11-2010, 05:18 PM
i admit to copying sparrow and ditching some cfe for ekmo this morning. i was planning on new resukts by 16/11. looks like we cld be a bit earlier. look at the that buy side strat

h2so4
09-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow. EKM going off again this arvo. They must have paned some more nuggets :scared:

Na it's only a rumour. :)

STRAT
09-11-2010, 05:32 PM
can i just do a little toot-toot re ekm and pir today without being accused of ramping?:mellow:Do that again and you will be sent strait to Hot Copper :eek2:

Sell side is looking rather thin eh Roy?

trackers
09-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Bah wish I had enough money to afford PIR when I was looking to get in! Oh well, the EKM train keeps moving along full steam, awesome!

Sparrow, my thoughts are with you and your family, hope you pull through.

sparrow
09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your kind thoughts Strat and Trackers.

I managed to get out of some CFE this morning and buy some EKM at 36.5.

On the Frankfurt exchange EKM was equivalent od AUD39 cents yesterday, so there didn't seem to be much risk it wwould fall today.

Now an anxious wait for the assay results eh.

evilroyrule
09-11-2010, 07:37 PM
thanks for the idea re cfe into ekm(o) sparrow. i shld have offloaded more! seriuosly thinking about ridding myseld of more tomorrow and the dead weight that is stx. but maybe not all eggs in one basket huh. still, cant see this thing stopping short of 50 short term, but with good assays anything possible. anyhoo, your situation kind of puts in it perspective a little. take care and power up!

STRAT
10-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for your kind thoughts Strat and Trackers.

I managed to get out of some CFE this morning and buy some EKM at 36.5.

On the Frankfurt exchange EKM was equivalent od AUD39 cents yesterday, so there didn't seem to be much risk it wwould fall today.

Now an anxious wait for the assay results eh.Looks set to bolt out of the gates again today Sparrow. Best of luck.

evilroyrule
10-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Looks set to bolt out of the gates again today Sparrow. Best of luck.

yeah i been averaging up since 5.7. had order for 34.5 this morning but dont think ill chase it any higher for now. keeps on rocking:mellow:

STRAT
10-11-2010, 12:09 PM
yeah i been averaging up since 5.7. had order for 34.5 this morning but dont think ill chase it any higher for now. keeps on rocking:mellow:5.7???:eek2: Well done Roy

elZorro
10-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Well I bought at 36c after listening to you guys (not hard enough it would seem). I'm still happy. A very fast-moving share -those grades are massive.

yabster
10-11-2010, 01:21 PM
see someone has bought ekmo at 40.5 - having an amazing run. I bought a few back in mid Oct for 8c - so am very happy. Thanks mainly to SF and following this thread- so a big thanks from me.
Not sure about buying at current levels though.

Lego_Man
10-11-2010, 01:28 PM
You know why i hate this thread?

I bought at 6c and sold at 12c.

trackers
10-11-2010, 01:41 PM
You a millionaire yet Steve?

I'm still holding some, a couple of days ago I sold 2/3 which was fairly foolish... But at least I'm still in the game!! I won't forget AVBOB and EKMO (more for what should have been rather than what was) for quite a long time, if ever...

STRAT
10-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Just seeing if this is postable

STRAT
10-11-2010, 01:46 PM

I'm still holding some, a couple of days ago I sold 2/3 which was fairly foolish... But at least I'm still in the game!! I won't forget AVBOB and EKMO (more for what should have been rather than what was) for quite a long time, if ever...A win is a win I reckon Trackers but just to annoy the crap out of you. I sold a 1/3 of my BOBs at 14 and swapped them for EKM at 14:p

evilroyrule
10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
dear lord. double whoosh!:mellow:

trackers
10-11-2010, 04:24 PM
A win is a win I reckon Trackers but just to annoy the crap out of you. I sold a 1/3 of my BOBs at 14 and swapped them for EKM at 14:p

Haha, what a machine - I'll pm you and you can give me a reality check next time my jewishness kicks in and I try offload a share on fire :D

Can't believe the continued strength, market cap over 100mil now, starting to get a bit nervous (about short term prospects...LT this company still looks great)

STRAT
10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Can't believe the continued strength, market cap over 100mil now, Same here. Mind you I thought just that when I unloaded the first 1/3 of the BOBs at under 4c.

so I might have to PM you from time to time :D

I guess theres a moral to this story and that being a bob each way isnt a bad plan when we find our selves sitting on the fence.

evilroyrule
10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
check out the ann. wldnt be selling just yet....

STRAT
10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey look . A surprise announcement. Never saw that coming:D

High Grade Gold Assays Continue at Central Bore

evilroyrule
10-11-2010, 05:09 PM
this is crazy banana's

soulman
10-11-2010, 06:19 PM
My last transaction on this was sell orders for EKM at 18 and EKMO at 12. Both at the same day. You can guess which date. Not hard. I think the day before it went banana's

Ouch!!

steve fleming
10-11-2010, 10:56 PM

I'm still holding some, a couple of days ago I sold 2/3 which was fairly foolish... But at least I'm still in the game!! I won't forget AVBOB and EKMO (more for what should have been rather than what was) for quite a long time, if ever...

Haha...getting there Trackers :-)

Still holding 75% of my EKMO that i bought at 1c and 1.5c about 18 months ago...so have done OK.

In my experience, buy and holding is the only way to acheive large muti-baggers.

Nothing wrong with taking profits along the way, but over-trading kills a multi-bagger.

Today's results were as expected - everyone knows Central Bore is high grade.

What will make or break EKM are the assay's from 10EYRC0107 and 10EYRC0116.

So lots of pressure on Justinian to deliver....just quietly, I think it will, especially 10EYRC0107.

COLIN
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM

Still holding 75% of my EKMO that i bought at 1c and 1.5c about 18 months ago...so have done OK.

In my experience, buy and holding is the only way to acheive large muti-baggers.

Nothing wrong with taking profits along the way, but over-trading kills a multi-bagger.

So lots of pressure on Justinian to deliver....just quietly, I think it will, especially 10EYRC0107.

40-bagger - wow!

When is your book coming out, Steve?

h2so4
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM

Anytime you want to write Genius in your avatar is fine by me.:)

drillfix
11-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Anytime you want to write Genius in your avatar is fine by me.:)

LOL, here here, with the multibagging you have done over the past, I agree that both a book a new avatar is in order!

STRAT
11-11-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL, a new avatar is in order!I liked the family guy with the "no fat chicks" T shirt

STRAT
11-11-2010, 02:17 PM
just quietly, I think it will, especially 10EYRC0107.On the money Steve :t_up:

STRAT
11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Whats with the depth? Looks a lot like an after market auction. Sells down to 38 and buys up to 51.5. Nothing going through. Any old hands who can tell me what this game is?

trackers
11-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Whats with the depth? Looks a lot like an after market auction. Sells down to 38 and buys up to 51.1. Nothing going through. Any old hands who can tell me what this game is?

It goes into pre-open for about 10 minutes so people can read / digest the announcement. Trading resumed at 2:22 - As per:

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/directtrade/dynamic/announcements.aspx?e=ASX

STRAT
11-11-2010, 02:26 PM
It goes into pre-open for about 10 minutes so people can read / digest the announcement. Trading resumed at 2:23 - As per:

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/directtrade/dynamic/announcements.aspx?e=ASX
Thanks Trackers

evilroyrule
11-11-2010, 02:32 PM
i must have read it too fast. why we going backwards after the ann?:(

trackers
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
i must have read it too fast. why we going backwards after the ann?:(

Hmm, dunno what I think about this one yet... 100g/t is amazing in anyone's books but it is over 1m only. There's another 8 assays to come plus they're hightailing a drilling rig back there for more drilling which is positive.

"gold mineralisation.... is contained within a broad zone of alteration and anomalous gold halo. This contrasts with Central Bore where the mineralisation is constrained within a narrow relatively linear steep dipping shear zone"

sounds good to me

drillfix
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
I liked the family guy with the "no fat chicks" T shirt

Haaa, classic Strat.

Say, whats with the price on this stock, seems to have stalled. Maybe the news is already priced in?

(not holding) (sheebers, were have been :P)

trackers
11-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Welcome back Drilly! :D

OK... I'm out of this one. Not sure how the markets going to take this latest ann and I prefer more certainty - Could (and prob will be) just be a shakeout but we will see.. will look for lower entry (sub 100mil market cap)

STRAT
11-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Haaa, classic Strat.

Say, whats with the price on this stock, seems to have stalled. Maybe the news is already priced in?

(not holding) (sheebers, were have been :P)Good to see you back Drilly. and yes I think thats exactly it. It looked like it peaked by the end of trading yesterday in any case.

If this ann holds the price around where it is for now I will be more than happy.

I expect to see some weaknes today as traders leave the building. I for now at least plan to stick around and give it some wriggle room. Perhaps you should PM me Trackers :lol::lol::lol:

drillfix
11-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Welcome back Drilly! :D

OK... I'm out of this one. Not sure how the markets going to take this latest ann and I prefer more certainty - Could (and prob will be) just be a shakeout but we will see.. will look for lower entry (sub 100mil market cap)

Cheers Trackers, good to see ya too mate.

I dont spend too much time on forums these days, but I enjoy having a peek and seeing who is doing what (and why).

Hey did you ever switch across to IB for your broker?

Good to see you back Drilly. and yes I think thats exactly it.

If this ann holds the price around where it is for now I will be more than happy

Cheers Strat, thought so, looking at yesterdays shooting star type candle suggested such possibility, plus I dont think I have seen a MACD signal line go as high as it has. Regardless of of FA, everything has gotta take a breather sometime ey!

trackers
11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Cheers Trackers, good to see ya too mate.

I dont spend too much time on forums these days, but I enjoy having a peek and seeing who is doing what (and why).

Hey did you ever switch across to IB for your broker?

Nearly! I applied, was accepted, and filled out all the share transfer forms etc but both ends kept stuffing me around so in the end I just cancelled the transfer and stuck with ASB. I've actually started looking at re-doing my application again because:

1. I've paid ASB $8k in fees this year, and their platform is average at best
2. Not only are IB 1/4 of the price, but they let you put 'one order cancels another' types of orders in, which mean you can stick in low orders for heaps of stocks and you don't need to have the money available for all of them...

But you know all of this already.

The main drawback of IB for me is that I (mainly) operate through a firewall so I'd have to use their seriously cut down web trading platform. Think I probably will make the jump again, even if I just wire transfer the minimum and have a play for a month or two to see if I want to commit.

Good to see you stop in

drillfix
11-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I guess there is always the drawbacks no matter whom you go with.

Also depending on how you trade (or what you wish to trade).

IB has quite a few instruments as you know, but I have also found myself in trouble with API and IB data issues, be it NinjaTrader or that Battleship of a program called TWS which has a Kazillion customisable preferences and even for me bing a computer geek will take me years to come to terms with.

Yes, good experience all the same though, worthwhile taking a look and see how you go adapting to it.

ps: Oh and NinjaTrader has the Worst Stock Portfolio management/maintenance program I think I have ever used with a charting application. Although it has a great Chart Trader order entry strategy/system along with customisable indicators.

Back to EKM,

Yikes, the sky is now falling it appears, but more probably an afternoon, after news sell off. No doubt it will be healthy in the long run Technically for the stock, imo.

trackers
11-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Perhaps you should PM me Trackers :lol::lol::lol:

I know! No doubt another poor exit from scaredy cat... At least this exit is based on a change of facts, rather than just selling an uptrending share because I'm an idiot :rofl:

I think the thing for me is (after re-reading it about 5 times) that the 70meter zone that was originally suggested didn't turn up + over 10 holes I was hoping for one or two more decent columns... there is more than plenty of potential for Justinian though... for. sure.

steve fleming
11-11-2010, 10:14 PM
I think the thing for me is (after re-reading it about 5 times) that the 70meter zone that was originally suggested didn't turn up + over 10 holes I was hoping for one or two more decent columns... there is more than plenty of potential for Justinian though... for. sure.

I agree Trackers....i think the market got a bit carried away with the potential for a 72m gold intercept....although to be fair to EKM they had flagged potential gold over a 72m interval, not the entire interval.

Ignoring the hype, and in context, it was an excellent announcement....to get a 100g/t + intercept in their first RC drilling of Justinian is impressive....

Importantly, it allows EKM to keep progressing and selling their good news story....now they can say they have discovered multiple virgin high grade deposits / potential / upside / new gold province etc etc....

And Good to see you back Df - hope you are keeping well

COLIN
11-11-2010, 10:36 PM
I for now at least plan to stick around and give it some wriggle room.

Time to switch to SMD, Strat old boy - up 14% today, versus EKM's 10% decline.
Sorry, couldn't resist!

drillfix
11-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi Steve, and great post with good wording.

Your exactly right about wording, and although not EKM, but rather many other companies and their announcements try to cash in on this wording which is part of the way they stay alive, or should I say, its the way a certain type of CEO.

On a different note, but relative to drilling results and stuff to many/any companies, here are some youtube links that I came across whilst reading another forum that may be of use to some folks. Hope they are of help:

1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49kWYc9x4o

2nd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgzXy23K2tM&feature=related

3rd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUpu3WVuwkM&feature=related

ps: you can just click the one link and on the left it will show you the next parts to click as well to save you clicking these.

STRAT
12-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Sorry, couldn't resist!lol Good on ya Colin:lol:.

Only another 112.5% to go to be even again :drool::drool::drool:

trackers
12-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Sorry, couldn't resist!

Haha, good call... i see copper touched all-time highs overnight, nice. I've moved a couple shares from gold miners to copper miners over the last fortnight.

I'm probably going to buy back my EKMO today lol, I just know it (8 assays to come from Justinian, renewed drilling at CB Imperial shoot and more at Justinian). We will see

STRAT
12-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Haha, good call... i see copper touched all-time highs overnight, nice. I've moved a couple shares from gold miners to copper miners over the last fortnight.

I'm probably going to buy back my EKMO today lol, I just know it (8 assays to come from Justinian, renewed drilling at CB Imperial shoot and more at Justinian). We will see
and it appears to have settled today. I would have thought it would have taken a bit longer for the Day Traders to get out.

evilroyrule
12-11-2010, 05:19 PM
and it appears to have settled today. I would have thought it would have taken a bit longer for the Day Traders to get out.

last of them bailing now. might close a touch down, still im in for a while longer so you got expect some
speed bumps along the way

ps look at the gap on the options. nxt sell at 38. might have shaken the traders out of the tails me thinks

sparrow
12-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Took the opportunity to get a few more today.

STRAT
16-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi Sparrow.
Looks like theres some support at 35c. All high volume days have continued to push the price up. Im still quite excited by this one.

yabster
17-11-2010, 01:22 PM
hmm the slide continues! still holding ekmo- and may look at a top up but not there yet.

STRAT
17-11-2010, 01:32 PM
hmm the slide continues! still holding ekmo- and may look at a top up but not there yet.
Hi Vabster.
Yup. Mind you theyre all going down today.

yabster
17-11-2010, 02:02 PM
pog causing a few jitters- I have a few myg which are bucking the slide (good drill results) up 18% today.

trackers
17-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Never a dull moment!

evilroyrule
17-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Never a dull moment!

hey fellas, man you did good tracks exiting when you did. couldnt help myself, got more ekmo at 23. oversold i think. watching for a quick afternoon ekmo rally. rampy ramp ramp. the boys on hot copper are slitting their wrists!

trackers
17-11-2010, 02:54 PM
hey fellas, man you did good tracks exiting when you did. couldnt help myself, got more ekmo at 23. oversold i think. watching for a quick afternoon ekmo rally. rampy ramp ramp. the boys on hot copper are slitting their wrists!

I bought back in at 29c :D Could be better, could be worse lol.. I'll be on the fringes of this one until JORC at least

evilroyrule
17-11-2010, 02:56 PM
yes me staying in. trying to make some punting money today. i reckon i can get it to 25. let me just pop over to HC. ha ha. i love that place. its like the emperor's new clothes over there.

evilroyrule
17-11-2010, 02:57 PM
ok. thats 24 taken care of. one more!

trackers
17-11-2010, 03:09 PM
yes me staying in. trying to make some punting money today. i reckon i can get it to 25. let me just pop over to HC. ha ha. i love that place. its like the emperor's new clothes over there.

Yeah its pretty dismal stuff sometimes. I shut off when they start going on about bots/cappers/conspiracies etc - But it is definitely amusing

STRAT
17-11-2010, 03:47 PM
ok. thats 24 taken care of. one more!Jeez Roy. I just got in and saw your post. Nearly had a heart attack. Thought EKM had crashed:scared::lol:

evilroyrule
17-11-2010, 03:49 PM
sorry strat. cant be arsed setting up an ekmo thread. im waiting for 26 now. being greedy. but looks like its consolidating around 32-33.

STRAT
17-11-2010, 03:56 PM
No need for another thread but a ticker every now and then wouldnt hurt lol.

evilroyrule
17-11-2010, 04:45 PM
No need for another thread but a ticker every now and then wouldnt hurt lol.

here comes that little rally. does anyone else remember "here comes the hammer"?

drillfix
17-11-2010, 05:03 PM
here comes that little rally. does anyone else remember "here comes the hammer"?

ER, looking more like a Doji atm rather than a hammer.

Upper MACD signal line has done a crossover as too has the histogram gone negative and the candle is now trading below the 13 day ema.

I am not sure if or how much this will bounce or where it would be expected to bounce too should it do so. IMO, I would be looking at entry whilst the stock is presently taking a breather, but thats just me.

Good luck with that.

evilroyrule
17-11-2010, 05:14 PM
ER, looking more like a Doji atm rather than a hammer.

Upper MACD signal line has done a crossover as too has the histogram gone negative and the candle is now trading below the 13 day ema.

I am not sure if or how much this will bounce or where it would be expected to bounce too should it do so. IMO, I would be looking at entry whilst the stock is presently taking a breather, but thats just me.

Good luck with that.

you keep your doji where it belongs. i was merely talking about mc hammer, and his first single which was here comes the hammer, subseq re-released. it was not caNT TOUCH this as people think.

drillfix
17-11-2010, 05:20 PM
LOL your some guy ER MC hammer :)

evilroyrule
18-11-2010, 04:00 PM
LOL your some guy ER MC hammer :)

hey can someone teachme how to reply with a header. this is EKMO for strat!

nice quite consolidation is a noticebale change here. took out 26.5quick enough. bit of a wall at 27 i tink!

Xerof
18-11-2010, 04:10 PM
when in Quick reply, click on Go Advanced button, and you'll find a Title bar to use

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

evilroyrule
18-11-2010, 04:14 PM
does my header make me look fat?:mellow:

STRAT
18-11-2010, 05:34 PM
does my header make me look fat?:mellow:haha

Yes it does but better to be a fat head(er) than a fat arse(r) :eek2:

evilroyrule
18-11-2010, 05:55 PM
haha

Yes it does but better to be a fat head(er) than a fat arse(r) :eek2:

jeebers this share doesnt do things by half! its either full on or tits up!:mellow: those are technical expressions by the way.

yabster
19-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi just watched the EKM presentation on minesite- pretty impressive- talk about potential

Check it out

http://clients.westminster-digital.co.uk/minesite/microsite/events/73/video/index.aspx?companyid=73_3

evilroyrule
30-11-2010, 12:29 PM
you have to love the news flows and content from this outfit. signor fleming was right. seems they have indeed found a new gold province. this time last year we will be laughing it was even this low, even though its come so far so fast. anyway, enough ramping. just read the ann. out

Stumpynuts
30-11-2010, 01:12 PM
you have to love the news flows and content from this outfit. signor fleming was right. seems they have indeed found a new gold province. this time last year we will be laughing it was even this low, even though its come so far so fast. anyway, enough ramping. just read the ann. out

All well and good so far, but the drill results from the Hann prospect has lower grades than Central Bore.

Fingers crossed they come across another 'Bonanza' ......

trackers
30-11-2010, 01:30 PM
4.3km of gold strike, completely untested by drilling... Pretty amazing stuff.

hopefully they follow up the anomalies with channel sampling that shows ~300g/t like it did with the first lot.

I still would love to see a massive placement (with shareholder participation) that allows a couple rigs to get onsite fulltime. The list of targets is pretty massive

Stumpynuts
30-11-2010, 01:55 PM
EKM reports say they have 749,000 ounces of gold .

Anybody on ST tried to calculate what potential upgraded resource estimates could be?
Anybody speculating on what estimates it could potentially reach?

airedale
30-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Good question, stumpynuts, could EKM be the next Sandfire Resources? From 20 cents 10 months ago to about $7.50 today. Perhaps someone with a grasp of copper and gold grades and tonnages will know.

STRAT
30-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Good question, stumpynuts, could EKM be the next Sandfire Resources? From 20 cents 10 months ago to about $7.50 today. Perhaps someone with a grasp of copper and gold grades and tonnages will know.Ooooooooooh. Airdale you are making my mouth water lol. Bloody well hope so. That would be a 53 bagger :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2: and a whole new life

trackers
01-12-2010, 08:13 AM
JORC upgrade will only include Central Bore so if it breaks the 1mil mark at a decent grade I'd be pretty happy... But down the track, many million ounces for sure.

Its not often a stock with this much potential comes along, but it will take quite some time for that potential to be realised. I'm actually being quite patient with this one :D

Stumpynuts
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
JORC upgrade will only include Central Bore so if it breaks the 1mil mark at a decent grade I'd be pretty happy... But down the track, many million ounces for sure.

If this turns out to be true, then many many many wet pants.....

hal
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
trading halt.

May be the awaited capital raising

gazprom1
02-12-2010, 11:43 AM
trading halt.

May be the awaited capital raising

Hey Hal,

I see the attachment to the ann states it is a cap raising by GRR. Is that a wholly owned sub or something? Major s/holder?

Gazprom

trackers
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Hey Hal,

I see the attachment to the ann states it is a cap raising by GRR. Is that a wholly owned sub or something? Major s/holder?

Gazprom

EKM has renamed as Gold Road Resources (approved by holders at a meeting couple days ago). Will be trading as GOR eventually.

TH is for cap raising.. No surprises I wouldn't imagine. Hopefully its of sufficient size that they can start to ramp up drilling in a big way

gazprom1
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks Trackers...are you making money??

Gaz

trackers
02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey Gaz, yeah still inching upwards. Had some good success with YTC last couple weeks, and holding a few with some good potential. I'll finish another year up over 100% so I can't complain (though geez it does get harder each time huh?). Hows things with you? Getting enough rainfall? :D

gazprom1
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Hey Gaz, yeah still inching upwards. Had some good success with YTC last couple weeks, and holding a few with some good potential. I'll finish another year up over 100% so I can't complain (though geez it does get harder each time huh?). Hows things with you? Getting enough rainfall? :D

Dry Trackers, dry. Irrigating but the crops look great as do the lambs.

Happy to hear that you are "tracking" up. I have had a good couple of months. Have too much money in BUR and ADD but if they come through will make a difference. It has been a good year generally with lots of quickish trades for a 10/20/30+% gains. MAK has been disappointing....still in and basically up a couple of %. Question for you: I am looking to research India and probably start trading there if possible - suits my time zones (Europe/ Asia) during the winter. Do you have any ideas about setting up a trading account. etc.

Hope you have a fantastic day. I am guessing a strong open followed by a lowor close....I am not doing anything today but that is my pennys worth.

Gaz

trackers
02-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Hey,

Interesting about India.. Not sure on brokers sorry, Interactive Brokers only appears to do options and futures and etrade doesn't look like a goer either...Strong open / fading close sounds right so far

Xerof
02-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Looking through their "new" presentation posted late today, they are only seeking $5mill, giving them $10m cash for the 2011 swiss cheese programme, including listed and unlisted oppie conversions.

Sensible amount and won't impact on existing holders too badly imo.

Stumpynuts
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Looking through their "new" presentation posted late today, they are only seeking $5mill, giving them $10m cash for the 2011 swiss cheese programme, including listed and unlisted oppie conversions.

Sensible amount and won't impact on existing holders too badly imo.

I wonder how the market will react, and I wonder when the TH will be lifted?
Will SP take a short term dip for potentially long term prospects?

Xerof
03-12-2010, 02:19 PM
It'll be being filled today, and most likely announce completion on Monday.

I say massively oversubscribed, and sp will not miss a beat

sparrow
03-12-2010, 08:49 PM
They don't say at what price they are issuing the new shares to raise the $5 million.
I sincerely hope it's not at a substantial discount to the current share price as some companies have been doing lately.

Xerof
06-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I sincerely hope it's not at a substantial discount.........

It's highly unusual for it NOT to be for Junior explorers

the whisper is 30 cents

sparrow
06-12-2010, 05:50 PM
the whisper is 30 cents[/QUOTE]

Hope the whisper is under the mark, but you're probably right.
Better at 30 than the 15C of 2-3 months ago

Xerof
06-12-2010, 06:40 PM
sparrow, someone on the other channel reckons 36.5 cents - claims they read it in the paper late last week - that would be exceptional if it's true

we'll know all in good time

sparrow
06-12-2010, 07:16 PM
If it's a placement with institutional investors, I guess thaey are known to pay a small premium. With the drill results so far I think the company hold most of the cards.
Couldn't find anything on the web re the 36.5 figure quoted by the poster on the other cahnnel, supposedly in the West Australian newspaper last week.

Who has the power to change the title of the thread to the new company name?

airedale
06-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I think that Steve Fleming who started the thread would be able to change the title.

gazprom1
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
34 cents is the magical number...pretty good for Shareholders IMHO.

Gazprom

STRAT
07-12-2010, 12:02 PM
34 cents is the magical number...pretty good for Shareholders IMHO.

GazpromI agree. Im liking these guys more and more as time goes on

trackers
07-12-2010, 12:11 PM
All good! Was hoping raise would be at 30c+ and the low discount (and oversubscribed) shows the potential the insto's see in this one

drillfix
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
GOR what a code. Gold Road Resources huh.

Maybe GNI should change its name to GOR.NextDoor.IncaseUdidntKnow :) LOL

Stumpynuts
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
So far so good. Cap raising hasn't effed up the SP.

Seems pretty stable ATM

drillfix
07-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Yep, doesn't seem that bad at all.

Good to see the Co never dropped the raising down to 30c as they gossip went, as that would have trashed the SP even more, imo.

dis: I dont hold.

evilroyrule
07-12-2010, 01:41 PM
what a day. heads up 10%, options 17%. and then PIR going nuts. its good when its blue!

evilroyrule
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
i read the word exciting in the latest ann. this arvo and bought some more. thats my fundamentals.

airedale
10-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi Roy, another exciting piece of fundamental analysis and research is that picture of a big pan of gold which has featured in some of the company news. LOL :]

trackers
10-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Interesting news, and lol comments there Airedale and Roy :D

The announcement was about new results at Justinian but the standout points for me weirdly are:

- 4 metres @ 0.89 g/t Au from 19 metres (10EYRC0123 - area has
no previous soil surveying or RAB drilling)

- Check out the soil survey map below. The pink and green hits are the best ones obviously, and half of them are in completely uncharted (literally) territory. Bizarre

- They're seeming to suggest that the strike has been extended over 100m south with the end not found yet..

- rigs moved back to Central Bore to do close spaced drilling to determine extent of mineralisation and "Visible gold was panned off from many geostatistical holes."

All in all, pretty good. I didn't have many expectations for this set of drills given how long the assays were taking, and justinian is still pretty promising given its very early stage. Focus moved back to CB for now though??

Stumpynuts
10-12-2010, 04:11 PM
I listened to the BRR audio broadcast the other day.

They're going back to Central Bore and this time they're going to be doing shallow drilling much closer to the surface, whereas results so far have been from further down.

I, like many others have been drooling over that photograph with the pan of visible gold :)

Huang Chung
10-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi Roy, another exciting piece of fundamental analysis and research is that picture of a big pan of gold which has featured in some of the company news. LOL :]

Big pan of gold? That's not a big pan of gold.

THIS is a big pan of gold......(page 12, bottom left) http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PIR&E=ASX&N=500968

mattcam103
07-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi,
Can anybody tell me what the comparasions with Sandfire Resources like? Does Gold Road have similar JORC results?
Cheers,

trackers
07-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey :) Market cap 80mil vs 1.1bil.. Also, SFR is mainly copper whereas GOR is almost exclusively (atm anyway) Gold.

Revised JORC will be out this quarter, should be interesting.

STRAT
07-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi,
Can anybody tell me what the comparasions with Sandfire Resources like? Does Gold Road have similar JORC results?
Cheers,
Chalk and Cheese Matt.
You been hangin out at Hot Copper? :D

mattcam103
07-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Haha, well yeah, a little bit Srat. Upon further investigation they obviously largely a copper company which I was unaware of.
As long as the GOR price follows SFR then I will be a happy man.

STRAT
07-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Haha, well yeah, a little bit Srat. Upon further investigation they obviously largely a copper company which I was unaware of.
As long as the GOR price follows SFR then I will be a happy man.Likewise.
I dont take a hell of a lot of interest in Fundamentals as a rule but I really like this one.
I think the last company I saw on HC being referred to as the next SFR makes Ice Cream or Tampons or something. Theres probably about 3 a day.
AVB might fit the bill if they can JORC up a decent size resource but thats all speculation till they do. Both these companies have big drilling programs planned which is why I picked them in the 2011 comp

Stumpynuts
18-01-2011, 02:36 PM
More Central Bore results out today....

evilroyrule
22-02-2011, 02:59 PM
drilly, can you ;please spend a mo and let me know at what point the exisiting downtrend is broken. thank you:)

drillfix
22-02-2011, 03:05 PM
drilly, can you ;please spend a mo and let me know at what point the exisiting downtrend is broken. thank you:)

Hi ER,

Mate by the Hourly Chart, it looks like its being range traded between 27c and 37c

So that would be support and resistance accordingly. It looks like it needs to push past 33+ cents to test the 37c resistance in hope it breaks past that to technically make a Higher High on the Hourly.

In the meantime, as previously mentioned just consider the stock being traded in a range (27c - 37c)

Which ever it breaks past is the direction the stock will be taking.

Hope that helps~!

evilroyrule
22-02-2011, 03:08 PM
that works well for me thanks. hold a heap and been looking to double up. waiting till we get past 37 will give me time to find some money. funny market today, whats behind that. gold was good?>

Stumpynuts
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!
Did anybody see the report out today??????

Gold drilled at - 1KG / Tonne (Not a misprint?!?!?)

WTF!?!?!?!?

airedale
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
It certainly put a rocket under the SP

Stumpynuts
01-03-2011, 07:57 PM
It certainly put a rocket under the SP

For today only I guess - SP came down closer to ASX closing time.
The real booster will be later this month when they announce maiden resource.

Shet! A pity I still don't have these, but oh well I made a fair few dollars on these........ :)

hal
01-03-2011, 11:16 PM
For today only I guess - SP came down closer to ASX closing time.
The real booster will be later this month when they announce maiden resource.

Shet! A pity I still don't have these, but oh well I made a fair few dollars on these........ :)

They still have more results to come. Justinian has one hole drilled and they have now moved the rig to Hann which is a 4.3km long deposit.

STRAT
01-03-2011, 11:29 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!
Did anybody see the report out today??????

Gold drilled at - 1KG / Tonne (Not a misprint?!?!?)

WTF!?!?!?!?Nice eh?:t_up:

Stumpynuts
02-03-2011, 08:33 AM
They still have more results to come. Justinian has one hole drilled and they have now moved the rig to Hann which is a 4.3km long deposit.

So far Central Bore seems to be the only area with major significant gold resources at the moment.
It will be interesting to see how many ounces GOR announces later this month.

hal
03-03-2011, 12:43 AM
So far Central Bore seems to be the only area with major significant gold resources at the moment.
It will be interesting to see how many ounces GOR announces later this month.

They have atilla which is over 700koz. They are going to be drilling more on this deposit as they think there is higher grade ore there and they are hoping to increase the resource there.

Apart from that they have only be working the Central Bore area for a short while.

They think Central Bore is bigger than the current area they are drilling. it extends North & South and at depth. It is narrow vein and some analysts think it is 200koz but we will find out soon. I am hoping it will be more like 300koz or more. I remember one very respected analyst saying it should be very profitable to dig up and get processed nearby and that was 9 months ago(he was saying 150koz at that stage) before all the high grade holes were drilled.

They have found Justinian which is only a short distance from Central Bore and has a wider resource. I think one hole was 7 metres at 27g/t.

Hann is a 4.3km long anomaly with huge grades in soil samples. They will be drilling this deposit this month.

Multiple other targets

Could be a very interesting few months and year.

evilroyrule
10-03-2011, 12:42 PM
:)
i cant agree with you re volume. 40 mins in and we have done half the volume we did yesterday, and that vol. was sufficient in my books to shift trends. anyhoo, all good.lets wait for the super pit ann.

STRAT
10-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Roy
Heres the volume over the last 6 months

evilroyrule
10-03-2011, 01:02 PM
ok good points, geez dont remember the 11 mil in march?????????? i was talking more recent times, but i admit defeat