PDA

View Full Version : VWM-Victory West Moly --

JBmurc
01-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Now here's a company that very few investors know well under the rader

It for one is a high risk low volume-Moly explorer- mirco cap 11m well worth putting on the watchlist for the fact they may well have a large moly resources

-Cash wise I'm est. 3m in funds

(The underwriting by Transocean Securities Pty Ltd ensures that the company will receive the full value of the listed options outstanding, which is currently approximately $2 million.
The capital injection will allow VWM to continue to explore the Toli Toli Molybdenum project in Indonesia and its surrounding permits.)

-CFE just recently loaned VWM through convert notes 2mill ex price 30c 2yr term 12% yield

-In talking with VWM they are confident they have a large moly resource only time will give us the proof for real.

--results from last Qtr--
Significant assay results were reported during the quarter from the trench samples returned to date, including broad continuous intervals such as:
 280m @ 720ppm Mo, including 70m @ 1300ppm Mo from trench L800
 163m @ 688ppm Mo, including 30m @ 1200ppm Mo from trench L850
 165m @ 675ppm Mo, including 50m @ 1050ppm Mo from trench L900
 70m @ 679ppm Mo, including 25m @ 894ppm Mo from trench L1000
 62m @ 694ppm Mo from trench L750

-latest news-

Dear Shareholders
UPDATE ON MALALA MOLYBDENUM PROJECT, SULAWESI, INDONESIA
Victory West Moly Ltd (ASX: VWM) (“Victory West” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the following major achievements:
 Acceptance of the Company‟s application for IUP status for its 5 molybdenum concessions forming the Malala Molybdenum Project near Toli Toli, northern Sulawesi, Indonesia. Formal grant is imminent
 Presentations and meetings with Indonesian delegation from the Toli Toli province in Sydney and Jakarta during August 2009. These officials remain firmly in support of the Company‟s objectives during the exploration and development stages of the Malala Project
 Continuing discussions with Chinese and other interested parties concerning the project and or partnership with the Company as it establishes the status and integrity as a major molybdenum explorer and producer in Indonesia
 Molybdenum prices indicate a strong upward price movement

Scoping Study with BGRIMM
As previously announced, the Company has completed the second stage of the scoping study with the Beijing General Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (“BGRIMM”). Results of the studies completed to date have shown very positive results for the future feasibility of the project. Scoping studies will continue to be advanced as ongoing exploration continues to delineate the size and grade of the Anomaly B prospect.
Preliminary metallurgical testwork was undertaken on a 350kg sample of mineralised drill core taken from drill holes M37 and M38 which were drilled by Victory West at Anomaly B late in 2008. The samples were sent to BGRIMM who performed this initial testwork on a laboratory scale.

Other Expenditure
The Company has administration expenses associated with the recent Rights Issue and underwriting of the funding. In addition, Indonesian and Australian legal expenses amounted to $55,000 for the Quarter. Company secretarial fees amounted to $20,000 and other audit and share registry services, Director‟s fees and Consultants fees equated to approximately $117,000 during the quarter.
During the quarter, expenditure on Indonesian administration, consultancy and payments related to title transition were circa A$500,000

shasta
01-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Now here's a company that very few investors know well under the rader

It for one is a high risk low volume-Moly explorer- mirco cap 11m well worth putting on the watchlist for the fact they may well have a large moly resources

-Cash wise I'm est. 3m in funds

(The underwriting by Transocean Securities Pty Ltd ensures that the company will receive the full value of the listed options outstanding, which is currently approximately $2 million.
The capital injection will allow VWM to continue to explore the Toli Toli Molybdenum project in Indonesia and its surrounding permits.)

-CFE just recently loaned VWM through convert notes 2mill ex price 30c 2yr term 12% yield

-In talking with VWM they are confident they have a large moly resource only time will give us the proof for real.

--results from last Qtr--
Significant assay results were reported during the quarter from the trench samples returned to date, including broad continuous intervals such as:
 280m @ 720ppm Mo, including 70m @ 1300ppm Mo from trench L800
 163m @ 688ppm Mo, including 30m @ 1200ppm Mo from trench L850
 165m @ 675ppm Mo, including 50m @ 1050ppm Mo from trench L900
 70m @ 679ppm Mo, including 25m @ 894ppm Mo from trench L1000
 62m @ 694ppm Mo from trench L750

-latest news-

Dear Shareholders
UPDATE ON MALALA MOLYBDENUM PROJECT, SULAWESI, INDONESIA
Victory West Moly Ltd (ASX: VWM) (“Victory West” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the following major achievements:
 Acceptance of the Company‟s application for IUP status for its 5 molybdenum concessions forming the Malala Molybdenum Project near Toli Toli, northern Sulawesi, Indonesia. Formal grant is imminent
 Presentations and meetings with Indonesian delegation from the Toli Toli province in Sydney and Jakarta during August 2009. These officials remain firmly in support of the Company‟s objectives during the exploration and development stages of the Malala Project
 Continuing discussions with Chinese and other interested parties concerning the project and or partnership with the Company as it establishes the status and integrity as a major molybdenum explorer and producer in Indonesia
 Molybdenum prices indicate a strong upward price movement

Scoping Study with BGRIMM
As previously announced, the Company has completed the second stage of the scoping study with the Beijing General Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (“BGRIMM”). Results of the studies completed to date have shown very positive results for the future feasibility of the project. Scoping studies will continue to be advanced as ongoing exploration continues to delineate the size and grade of the Anomaly B prospect.
Preliminary metallurgical testwork was undertaken on a 350kg sample of mineralised drill core taken from drill holes M37 and M38 which were drilled by Victory West at Anomaly B late in 2008. The samples were sent to BGRIMM who performed this initial testwork on a laboratory scale.

Other Expenditure
The Company has administration expenses associated with the recent Rights Issue and underwriting of the funding. In addition, Indonesian and Australian legal expenses amounted to $55,000 for the Quarter. Company secretarial fees amounted to $20,000 and other audit and share registry services, Director‟s fees and Consultants fees equated to approximately $117,000 during the quarter.
During the quarter, expenditure on Indonesian administration, consultancy and payments related to title transition were circa A$500,000

Had a look at VWM after you mentioned them, & they made it onto my list of promising near term junior resources companies ;)

Not too many pure Moly companies about, except for MOL

Chart shows very little volume or action

JBmurc
01-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Thats right theres very few pure moly plays round an with moly prices now back to near $20lbs levels from their recent $9 lows with world demand back on with very little major supply in the short term Moly may even go higher.

here's a older 09/08 article I found on moly

Little-known metal molybdenum is essential to a host of fast-growing industries from energy to construction. Companies can’t open mines fast enough. Demand has sent the price soaring 1,000% in the last five years. Jim Nelson says this is still just the beginning for the metal. He expects another surge in the next 12 months.

This from Penny Sleuth:

Molybdenum is harder than chromium, lighter than tungsten and more resistant to compression than graphite. It also has a higher melting point than boron and reacts less to temperature changes than vanadium. These characteristics still make alloy makers and scientists marvel at molybdenum’s advantages.

It’s these advantages over lesser metals that let molybdenum contribute to the world’s infrastructure. One of the most important industries that use molybdenum is pipeline manufacturing. Manufacturers use it to strengthen their main assets, the actual metal that carries oil and gas throughout the world. We’ve been working on this with Mayer’s Special Situations editor Chris Mayer for months. Here’s what he writes:

“It takes about 2.6 million pounds of moly for every 1,000 miles of pipeline. Just for a frame of reference, there are something like 50,000 miles of pipeline in the planning stages globally.”

In just this one industry, current demand dictates at least 128 million pounds of molybdenum. At current prices, that puts us in the ballpark of $4.4 billion. But many other industries require this truly precious metal…

Moly’s the Word from Clean to Green

Molybdenum’s anti-corrosive properties make it crucial to the production of the oil in tar sands and offshore drilling. Crude oil refineries use it to remove sulfur. Government mandates to reduce the amount of sulfur in oil make this even more attractive.

But many other energy companies have to rely on molybdenum for its unique properties. One up-and-coming energy source, geothermal, needs it for drill bits. To drill deep into the Earth’s crust takes a very hard metal to rip apart the rocks and mantle. This small industry is taking off and will continue to increase the demand for molybdenum. But other renewable energies use this metal.

The solar power industry uses molybdenum’s conductivity to form strong electrical connectors that make the whole process work.

The rapidly growing windmill industry takes advantage of molybdenum’s hardness and durability to strengthen the massive propellers that must endure all kinds of wear and tear from Mother Nature.

The nuclear industry, which is once again growing at a rapid pace, is required to use only the most radioactive-resistant and strongest materials to build its pipes and reactors. Molybdenum is the only thing that fits.

Even the “green car” revolution uses molybdenum’s comparative lightweight to boost fuel-efficiency and overall safety. The list goes on and on…

JBmurc
14-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Dear Shareholders
$2 MILLION CONVERTIBLE NOTE OFFER FROM CAPE LAMBERT GROUP FINALISED
The Company wishes to advise shareholders that it has finalised the $2 million convertible note offer from Dempsey Resources Limited, a fully owned subsidiary of Cape Lambert Iron Ore Limited (ASX: CFE). All documentation has been signed and the funds transfer effected.
The Company looks forward to a strong partnership with Mr Tony Sage and the Cape Lambert Group and to further developing the Sulawesi molybdenum project.
Yours faithfully
LUKE MARTINO
Company Secretary

JBmurc
05-10-2009, 09:10 PM
I see CFE Tony sage also holds 2mill VWMOA options in the top20 which I'd say he had well before CFE gave VWM their 2mill convert notes..
Is great to see tony investing some of his own money a the small cap moly explorer

JBmurc
20-10-2009, 02:45 PM
PROSPECTUS
The Company refers to the issue of 11,900,000 Options at $0.001 per Option with an exercise price of $0.20 and an expiry date of 24 February 2012 to professional and sophisticated investors entitled to accept securities without disclosure under Section 708 of the Corporations Act to raise $11,900 (“the Placement”)
This Prospectus is issued to:
 facilitate the secondary trading of the Options issued under the Placement; and
 offer to issue up to 20,000 $0.20 Options at issue price of $0.001 per Option with an exercise price of $0.20 and an expiry date of 24 February 2012 to raise $20

I don't really understand what the go is here they what each shareholder to give them $20 an they'll give them 20,000 opts @ .0001c 20c ex 2012 ??

VWM-have Cash & cash equivalents of 1.8mill

-The Company has issued a $2,000,000 convertible note to Dempsey Resources Pty Ltd which, if not converted to Shares by the Noteholder pursuant to the terms of the note, is repayable in September 2011.(so VWM neeed their SP to be above 30c so CFE ex their shares)

eitherway VWM could well be great mid-term hold if they do have a large Moly discovery with forward cash from 20c opts in 2012 is this why they want S/H to have more take them now to help company with extra funds in 2012 for mining moly???)

JB-holding 160,000 VWM & VWMOA

NoVice
20-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi JB - I follow your posts with great interest. Thanks for getting me into CFE @ $0.32

I've looked at VWM but I've got 2 concerns :-
- IVA have struck a phenominally rich Molybdenum orebody at Merlin with the added benefit of an equally astounding Rhenium content as well. Where does that leave VWMs prospects ?
- my understanding is that setting up the plant (esp. Toasters) to process Moly is very expensive. Can VWM handle this ?

I'd be interested in your thoughts as I'd like to do a Moly play. IVA with only 7% retail s/h & 83% owned by the parent company doesn't really appeal to me.

Lego_Man
20-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Just thought i'd post the chart for interest - i'm sure Phaedrus would be digging the bullish divergence on the OBV. Someone is accumulating. Hopefully we will see a breakout of the trading range soon, though i guess that will be newsflow dependent.

JBmurc
20-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi JB - I follow your posts with great interest. Thanks for getting me into CFE @ $0.32

I've looked at VWM but I've got 2 concerns :-
- IVA have struck a phenominally rich Molybdenum orebody at Merlin with the added benefit of an equally astounding Rhenium content as well. Where does that leave VWMs prospects ?
- my understanding is that setting up the plant (esp. Toasters) to process Moly is very expensive. Can VWM handle this ?

I'd be interested in your thoughts as I'd like to do a Moly play. IVA with only 7% retail s/h & 83% owned by the parent company doesn't really appeal to me.

Was talking with Luke Martino today overall sounds very good play I don't know about IVA but moly mines-MOL has now got a Chinese 54% interest an by want Luke was saying only has a third the grades VWM have from their drilling results(It sounds like it could well be in the top 5 Moly discoverys in the world kind of potential)

As for funds to get into mining the CFE connection(CFE just loaned VWM 2mill) will work here as CFE has very good connections with major chinese buyers(CFE sold a iron ore discovery 200mill to chinese interests) Tony sage the MD of CFE hold 2mill VWMOA opts as
well.

If you don't know much about CFE basically they know what a good investment is just check out the CFE posts they wouldn't have invested 2mill into VWM if it didn't have major potential

Currently VWM have 3.8mill in cash

they are having to do the current 20,000opts to holders to keep the ASIC happy so the CFE deal is all disclosed etc..

VWM is a mid term play 2-3yrs before the real gains will be in $1-$2 sp

evilroyrule
21-10-2009, 10:06 AM
JB, that you loading up another 200,000 IRN today? something must be up either which way

JBmurc
20-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Anybody load up in VWM of back when they traded round 14c---- 24c at the mo :(

shasta
10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
VWM - Investor Presentation

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=VWM&E=ASX&N=556601

Fast track into the Indonesian Coal sector

Very dillutive agreement, but little cash upfront & based on milestone agreements, worth adding to the watchlist

Disc: nil