PDA

View Full Version : ASB Trading System

Novitiate
02-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Is anyone else finding that the ASB system has been incredibly slow the last couple of days?

BRICKY
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
yep.slow as. I thought it was my computer

ratkin
16-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Almost unusable

Novitiate
23-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Anyone else having trouble with the system today? I'm having problems logging on - says system is temporarily unavailable.

brettdale
23-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Anyone else having trouble with the system today? I'm having problems logging on - says system is temporarily unavailable.

Yep having the same trouble today.

Arbitrage
24-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Service will be affected tonight too as they are carrying out maintenance from 6:30pm till 8:30pm.

Jay
24-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Have'nt they just changed to straight thru trading on NZX shares - no manual intervention.
Wonder if this has affected speed etc

ScrappyO
01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Frustrating! I hold GOA and GOAOA and ASB is still showing no turnover after 19 minutes of trading! WTF!

Not to mention the hanging website!

Come on ASB get your %$#@ Together!

(is it in a trading holt or something?)

AA

Yip.. this is bs, keeps crashing and no depth...it all over the show :mad:

Novitiate
13-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Is it just me, or is the system unbearably slow today? I tried quitting my browser and starting over, but it took several minutes just to try and logon - and now I have a runtime error while trying to access my portfoloio!! Grrrrrr.....

Ptolemy
13-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Is it just me, or is the system unbearably slow today? I tried quitting my browser and starting over, but it took several minutes just to try and logon - and now I have a runtime error while trying to access my portfoloio!! Grrrrrr.....

no, not just you. This is a regular event. I don't know why I put up with them - actuallu I do. Because I am too lazy to change and I like the security of having my money market account with a bank (remembering the access brokerage disaster).

Has anyone else heard the rumour that ASB is looking to get out of the securities business?

Might be a blessing in disguise for us long suffering "customers".

Novitiate
14-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Can't get on to the system today! Error .. error .. error.

I hadn't heard that rumour - must investigate. I like the convenience of the one-stop-shop with ASB.

Anybody got any recommendations for other online platforms?

14-10-2009, 10:10 AM
no, not just you. This is a regular event. I don't know why I put up with them - actuallu I do. Because I am too lazy to change and I like the security of having my money market account with a bank (remembering the access brokerage disaster).

Has anyone else heard the rumour that ASB is looking to get out of the securities business?

Might be a blessing in disguise for us long suffering "customers".

I hope you are wrong as then there will only be one on line broker. Watch the fees increase.

marknz88
14-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I cant see ASB getting out of the securities market, espicially since CBA seems to keep pushing and pushing their product over in AUS...if anythung ASB would be upgrading to the webiress platform im the future from their current web based platform (which is rubbish compared to aussie brokers)

mccollr
25-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I see that ASB are in the process of upgrading their site. The demo looks good and certainly an improvement. They have a blog where you can make suggestions which is a good start. From the Demo one well might be able to do everything for the NZ AX from the one site.
Rod

Novitiate
02-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Ouch - that big figure on the Portfolio View showing the percentage your portfolio is 'up' or 'down' by is handy - but just a little depressing atm. It's so big and so red.

Ptolemy
02-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Ouch - that big figure on the Portfolio View showing the percentage your portfolio is 'up' or 'down' by is handy - but just a little depressing atm. It's so big and so red.

Oooh, yes. I don't like that either. How do you get rid of that? Some nice new features but mainly cosmetic.

On the positive side they have finally put a stop loss selling feature on the site - only 3 years after Direct Broking introduced theirs.

Novitiate
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Wish I had used it more often. Can't say Phaedrus didn't tell us.

Aaron
27-07-2010, 08:39 AM
I just need to vent about the new ASB securities website. I have given it some time as new things take time to adjust to. The only improvement I can see is the volume on the watchlist. How do you get the watchlist to show alphabetically?

There used to be historical figures for companys which has gone.

The whole revamp seems to be about reducing service and getting people to the buy sell screen as quickly as possible. I think it is a backwards step from the old website.
I have only ever used ASB securities. Does anyone know how they compare in regard to research with other online brokers?

tobo
06-08-2010, 06:22 AM
also as awkward as anything to get from chart to chart (not that their charts have any useful indicator control...so I don't know why I am complaining)

frostyboy
27-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Has anyone had any luck negotiating the comission/spread on the retail NZD/AUD rate?

Lego_Man
27-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I havent tried, but they should be giving us closer to wholesale rates. I do it through my workplace when i want to transfer funds, every hundred bucks here or there counts.

shar187
16-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Anyone know what the red exclamation mark on the left side of a stock in the automated portfolio means? I called ASB and asked them a while back and the lady didn't know - went and asked someone and came back and said it probably means there's an announcement but that can't be correct as I've got marks with no announcement. My guess is it's something to do with a percentage change in the stock but not sure what.

Cricketfan
16-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Anyone know what the red exclamation mark on the left side of a stock in the automated portfolio means? I called ASB and asked them a while back and the lady didn't know - went and asked someone and came back and said it probably means there's an announcement but that can't be correct as I've got marks with no announcement. My guess is it's something to do with a percentage change in the stock but not sure what.

In the web page source, that exclamation mark is called "new-trades-icon" , if that helps...

tosspot
18-09-2013, 08:55 AM
im glad they have finally got a working up to date news feed on their home page. about time

Wolf
01-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Recently i made a buy order on some shares and it was only partialy fulled. The next day the price increased to a price i didn't want to pay and i decided i wanted to put the funds into a different company so i amended the order to a low price that it's not going to go to for just 1 share. So that if i decided to buy this company in the next week or so i wouldn't have to make another order and incur the $30 trade fee.

Does this work? Or am i charged $30 everytime i amend the order? If an order buys through two trades is it still 1 fee?

CJ
01-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Wolf - just one fee.

Wolf
01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Wolf - just one fee.
Cheers CJ, noticed someone had a sell order on FBU for $150 guessing they are doing the same or maybe just made an error.

Wolf
19-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Anyone have an exclamation mark next to purchases in portfolio? I'm assuming its to let me know its new

TimmyTP
19-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Anyone have an exclamation mark next to purchases in portfolio? I'm assuming its to let me know its new
See Cricketfan's post (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?7168-ASB-Trading-System&p=427806&viewfull=1#post427806) above

Wolf
19-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Cheers timmy

blueswan
19-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Has anyone had any luck negotiating the comission/spread on the retail NZD/AUD rate?
How much do they charge you on the comm/spread on NZDAUD?

kiwitrev
02-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Looking for feedback on recent experience with ASB Sec. Sold a security for $30k . Partially sold on 25 March(settlement date 28th) with remainder sold 27th March(settlement 1 April). No funds in my CMA as of this morning so contacted ASB and after approx. 1hr got back to me to report funds now in CMA. I won't go into details of my ensuing discussion needless to say not impressed as I needed the funds to complete another transaction. Anyone else ever stuck this issue b4.

Xerof
02-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Yes, I have had a few of those, but it only impacts if you want to take the funds out of your CMA. If you want to trade again, you can actually do it as soon as you sold the shares, i.e. 3 days before settlement. That is standard for on-line as far as I know.

The excuse I got was the automated transaction failed.....really? so where is the manual back-up?

In the event you had a buy to settle the same day from those proceeds, I bet manual intervention would miraculously appear

kiwitrev
02-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Hi X
Thanx for response. I understand how settlement works, but in this case my ensuing transaction was not anything to do with ASB. What annoyed me was that this should never happen. They have since phoned me to apologise and offered me a $30 voucher from my next trade(in other words a free trade up to the $30 parameter).

Okebw
24-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Anyone else having issues today? My laptop and desktop are having seizures just trying to load the depth and announcements

Jay
24-07-2014, 03:54 PM
It's OK for me Okebw

milt1968
25-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Anyone else having issues today? My laptop and desktop are having seizures just trying to load the depth and announcements

When I first login it is having trouble loading correctly. Am forced to refresh to actually get anywhere.

mbrook
26-07-2014, 03:48 PM
NZD/AUD rates
I hold mostly ASX listed shares. However I am finding the exchange rates upon trade execution extortionate, and is nowhere near live rates. It eats into profits and I am having to try and factor this extra expense before I sell to ensure I hit my profit target? Does anyone else think they overcharge and milk the exchange rate for profit? Rates between 0.90 and 0.94 common.
I sold one holding on wednesday 23rd at an exchange rate of 0.9375 when the actual rates on that day were in the range 0.9201- 0.9186.

Jay
26-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Any reason why you converting back to NZD$ all the time?
Open a FX AUD account with them and only transfer back what you need if any

See this thread http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9862-Ridiculous-fees-charged-by-ASB-securities

mbrook
29-07-2014, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=Jay;494063]Any reason why you converting back to NZD$ all the time?
Open a FX AUD account with them and only transfer back what you need if any

Simply because I trade NZX and ASX so its handy to have one central account having two accouts would be neccessary if ASB were honest with their exchange rates.
I have traded Forex, and know have narrow the real pip margins are, less than 5 mostly, not hundreds like ASB are adding to each trade.
That isn't Margin, and they are not being open about their ASX dealing.

Example, say the rate is 0.9 AUD per 1 NZD when buying on ASX, then you'd expect the reverse rate of 1.1 NZD per 1 AUD if you sold on the same day at the same rate, give or take a FEW pips. Surely!
I got 0.93 instead of 1.07 on a recent sale, so my $700 profit ended up just over $300. ASB applies Sub 1.0 rates on buys and sells, spreads as wide as 3000+ pips on dealing with them.
Am I missing something, or is it really that much of a con?

I shall be having a long talk with them tomorrow, and would like them to explain their spreads, margins to me..

Okebw
29-07-2014, 05:15 PM
They don't list it in the manner you'd expect. I think you'll find that 1 : 0.93 was the NZ:AUD rate at the time.

Details are as follows:

Consideration:

ASB Brokerage: AUD 15.18

CommSec Brokerage: AUD 14.82

Total Credit AUD 7,635.00

NZD 8242.47

Exchange Rate: 0.9263

Settlement Credit

Settlement Instruction: Cash Management Account

Settlement Date: 01/08/2014

So going buy the exchange rate at the time I should receive $1.10 NZD per AUD but received $1.075 after ASB's commision.

They are exorbitant but no where near your math is making them out to be

mbrook
30-07-2014, 02:20 PM
They don't list it in the manner you'd expect. I think you'll find that 1 : 0.93 was the NZ:AUD rate at the time.

So going buy the exchange rate at the time I should receive $1.10 NZD per AUD but received $1.075 after ASB's commision.

They are exorbitant but no where near your math is making them out to be

"Thank you for your email.

When you trade on ASX market settling to your NZX Cash management account, at the time the order gets traded, the settlement amount is calculated with the FX rate at that time. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you details on how our rates are calculated and what margins are charged on this.

There is an option to open a foreign currency account (FCA) available in our share trading account opening application. Should you wish to open a FCA, please call us on our broker line to enable us to identify you and get it set up for you. There are no accounts fees as such on the Foreign Currency Account except for International Money Transfer fee, Foreign Draft & cash withdrawal at a branch.

The procedure for transferring funds with a currency (FCA AUD to NZD) involved is to call us to enable us to identify you and as per your request, we will let you know what the indicative FX rate is (this changes every 30 seconds). If you are happy with the rate we can then proceed with the transfer. There are cut off times for FX currencies but we can lock the rate for the next business day. Alternatively, you can do an online FX transfer through internet banking.

If the value of your transaction is over NZD 100k, please call us to do the FX transfer. We have to call our Dealers to provide us a rate and we are able to shave the margin for you.

Please also note under our ASB Securities Terms & Conditions, section 12.3 its states that “ ASB Securities may at its absolute discretion charge you a commission or margin on all foreign exchange dealings” Also when you placing the order there is print stating “You should be aware that investment in securities involves risk including (but not limited to) currency and market fluctuation. ASB Securities is not liable for any loss or expense incurred as a result of any investment decision made.”

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. "

So there you have it. Unable or unwilling to disclose rates or how they calculate. So when you pres the buy or Sel Buttons, you are at their mercy.
ANZ however clearly states how they do it they take an average for the buy/sell rate , then multiply by 0.89 to give a margin figure

Whipmoney
30-07-2014, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=Jay;494063]
Simply because I trade NZX and ASX so its handy to have one central account having two accouts would be neccessary if ASB were honest with their exchange rates.
I have traded Forex, and know have narrow the real pip margins are, less than 5 mostly, not hundreds like ASB are adding to each trade.
That isn't Margin, and they are not being open about their ASX dealing.

Example, say the rate is 0.9 AUD per 1 NZD when buying on ASX, then you'd expect the reverse rate of 1.1 NZD per 1 AUD if you sold on the same day at the same rate, give or take a FEW pips. Surely!
I got 0.93 instead of 1.07 on a recent sale, so my $700 profit ended up just over $300. ASB applies Sub 1.0 rates on buys and sells, spreads as wide as 3000+ pips on dealing with them.
Am I missing something, or is it really that much of a con?

I shall be having a long talk with them tomorrow, and would like them to explain their spreads, margins to me..

1) If you've traded Forex were you trading actual spot delivery, or simply futures/contracts for difference? If the latter then the spread is significantly lower.

2) You've quoted a rate of the day / time (not sure of your source) however that's probably just an estimate of the mid-rate so you are missing the bid-ask spread. In your example you are crossing the spread twice by going from NZD to AUD and back. Your example also doesn't take into account intra-day movements.

3) Depending on the amount of cash in your account they will be applying a 'shading' to your spread so you shouldn't ever expect Forex futures like spreads..

Jay
30-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Don't know how that happened whip, but it looks like I said the above when I did not:confused:

Aaron
24-08-2015, 02:37 PM
What a day to not be able to get into the ASB Securities website. It would have been terrible if I wanted to panic sell. A call to ASB Securities and they tell me they will call IT about it.

I thought maybe a few extra nervous investors may have crashed the system. Has anyone else had trouble logging on or know why we can't log onto ASB Securities website.

I would hate to be a trader and have it crash in a crash.

kiwitrev
10-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Trading system unavailable-rest of ASB system working****.

Jonboyz
01-11-2017, 06:33 PM
ASB brokerage fees changed today:

New Zealand trades (excluding fixed interest trades)

$15 (up to and including NZ$1,000)

$30 (over NZ$1,000 and up to and including NZ$10,000)

0.30% (over NZ$10,000)

Australian trades

0.30%
minimum AU$30 per trade

pedro.nz
01-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Hardly encouraging is it - how many trades do they get in a day that are under NZ$1000 I wonder and why no reduction on AX trades !!!!

peat
01-11-2017, 08:36 PM
why no reduction on AX trades !!!!

because the Australian wont cut their minimum take.

justakiwi
02-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Hardly encouraging is it - how many trades do they get in a day that are under NZ$1000 I wonder and why no reduction on AX trades !!!!

You might be surprised. Some of us are beginners with limited capital to invest so we may very well spend up to $1000 in a trade. Just saying.

pedro.nz
02-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Fair enough justakiwi - anything that helps is always good...

oldtech
03-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Agree with justakiwi. Although I try not to do too many low value trades, if I am looking to top up on a lower priced share this might swing the calculations in favour.

I usually calculate what the brokerage will work out per share, and then decide whether it is worth it. At $15 brokerage, buying (for example) 1060 OCA at $0.94 would work out to an extra 1.4 cents per share instead of nearly 3 cents if the brokerage was $30.

Joshuatree
16-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Anyone else can't log into today?.happens far to often imo. GRRRR. Will have to look at other options again. If i have say 20 trading stocks is it easy to transfer them to another online broker?

16-11-2017, 11:03 AM
What is there to transfer? Surely you just trade the same stocks through a different broker.

see weed
16-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Anyone else can't log into today?.happens far to often imo. GRRRR. Will have to look at other options again. If i have say 20 trading stocks is it easy to transfer them to another online broker?
Have talked to ASB and will be up and running soon. You can phone them and they will put the order in for you. 0800272732 or premium brokerage 0800272872. No problem.

Joshuatree
16-11-2017, 11:45 AM
A pain to me not accessing all my trades I've set and prices and profits /losses etc. Amateur website operators.

see weed
16-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Have talked to ASB and will be up and running soon. You can phone them and they will put the order in for you. 0800272732 or premium brokerage 0800272872. No problem.

Yeah, I just cancelled all my orders. ASB will loose tens or maybe hundreds of thousands today:ohmy:.

couta1
16-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Have used ANZ Securities for 5 years now and are pretty happy with their service. Cant see any reason to use ASB.

t.rexjr
16-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Have used ANZ Securities for 5 years now and are pretty happy with their service. Cant see any reason to use ASB.

Speed.....

t.rexjr
16-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Speed.....

When it's working...

minimoke
16-11-2017, 12:54 PM
ANZ website a bit flakey the way it updates. Eg bought PPH this morning. First few went through early. Rest went through mid morning. my Portfolio updated pretty much straight away but my order book still shows the order as incomplete. No idea how long it takes to process funds but my buys yesterday are in my portfolio but the cash is still in my account.

see weed
16-11-2017, 12:58 PM

They are both Aussie banks. Pity a NZ bank didn't start on line trading. If they did, I would change over fast to their service, and buy shares in their company. ASB takes a lot off me, and would rather see it go to a NZ bank.

couta1
16-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Speed..... It goes both ways, sometimes a bit of slowness can end up giving you shares at a cheaper price than your bid price.

see weed
16-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Wonder if ASB reads this thread? A nice young lady just phoned me and offered me free tickets to the tennis for being so patient:t_up:. I declined.

t.rexjr
16-11-2017, 02:52 PM
It goes both ways, sometimes a bit of slowness can end up giving you shares at a cheaper price than your bid price.

Ha true. Though I try not to buy when the price is headed that direction...

hummerh40
16-11-2017, 03:30 PM
ANZ not taking ASX trades. down for the past hour....

16-11-2017, 03:43 PM
ANZ not taking ASX trades. down for the past hour....

You can only p... Turnbull off so many times.

hummerh40
16-11-2017, 03:47 PM
You can only p... Turnbull off so many times.

missed out on a fair bit of profit because I couldn't cancel an order in time...

16-11-2017, 03:56 PM
missed out on a fair bit of profit because I couldn't cancel an order in time...

That's bad. There is probably a problem affecting both platforms.

t.rexjr
16-11-2017, 04:12 PM
That's bad. There is probably a problem affecting both platforms.

Starting to wonder if these bot traders are hacking sites. HC down yesterday, today ASB/ANZ. The ASX has had an aweful lot of it going on lately and weird things are happening. Lots of effective tree shaking.

Love a good conspiracy theory!

Logen Ninefingers
01-12-2017, 12:29 PM
ASB Securities is as slow as a wet week to update!! What a f*cking joke!! I'm trying to trade and when I ring these pr*cks they claim they don't know anything about it & no trader is saying anything!! Almost impossible to trade on the ASX now!!

Alz99
01-12-2017, 01:05 PM
I cant see the depth of the stock unless I go through the buy or sell screens? what's going on? who else can I move to?

Logen Ninefingers
01-12-2017, 05:34 PM
I do a trade, and it goes through, and the # of shares don't even come of the sell side on my ASB platform or the ASX, and the market isn't even updated as to the current price.

The ASB chap I ring takes about 7 or 8 minutes even to comprehend what I am talking about.

I reckon it's since these guys started offering $15 brokerage for NZX trades.....it's like they want to drive people to the NZX or something, and ASX trading has packed up. I don't give a f*ck about the NZX!!

couta1
01-12-2017, 06:46 PM
I do a trade, and it goes through, and the # of shares don't even come of the sell side on my ASB platform or the ASX, and the market isn't even updated as to the current price.

The ASB chap I ring takes about 7 or 8 minutes even to comprehend what I am talking about.

I reckon it's since these guys started offering $15 brokerage for NZX trades.....it's like they want to drive people to the NZX or something, and ASX trading has packed up. I don't give a f*ck about the NZX!! I have noticed this problem with ANZ also of late, once your trade becomes a limit order, it can take 5 mins or so for your order to show up in the buy or sell depth column, by the time it shows up things have often changed and you have to edit the order and start again, this never used to be the case, I'm talking the NZX in my case.

stoploss
01-12-2017, 11:02 PM
I have noticed this problem with ANZ also of late, once your trade becomes a limit order, it can take 5 mins or so for your order to show up in the buy or sell depth column, by the time it shows up things have often changed and you have to edit the order and start again, this never used to be the case, I'm talking the NZX in my case.

Same for them on the ASX at the moment Couta shocking ....try playing in the LI space with 4 to 5 minute delay not fun . Surely in this day and age we should have DMA .

Logen Ninefingers
27-02-2018, 04:59 PM
Anyone ever seen a discrepancy between the amount of shares in one particular stock in your portfolio on ASB Securities, and the amount that Computershare are showing?

Even accounting for the fact that today's trades will only show on Computershare tomorrow, I'm still showing a difference of about 13,500 shares on this stock.

How do I sort this out? Really pissed off....

Joshuatree
27-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Its always been instant for me unless ive partaken in a cap raise or spp when i have to manually load the new number myself.

27-02-2018, 05:05 PM
Anyone ever seen a discrepancy between the amount of shares in one particular stock in your portfolio on ASB Securities, and the amount that Computershare are showing?

Even accounting for the fact that today's trades will only show on Computershare tomorrow, I'm still showing a difference of about 13,500 shares on this stock.

How do I sort this out? Really pissed off....

Shares traded today will be reflected in your portfolio with ASB but with T+2 it will be 2 days later that the registries will know what has traded.

Logen Ninefingers
27-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Shares traded today will be reflected in your portfolio with ASB but with T+2 it will be 2 days later that the registries will know what has traded.

Computershare is showing the daily movements for both the 23rd and the 26th though(?)

blackcap
27-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Computershare is showing the daily movements for both the 23rd and the 26th though(?)

Any movements Computershare show will be 2 days behind whatever trading you do. You settle (NZ stocks) in T+2. So if you buy 10,000 FBU today they will show up at computershare on 1 March when they are transferred by your broker to the registry and the broker takes your money on this day too. (that was a bit of an oversimplification but that is sort of how it goes)

JAYAY
16-04-2018, 10:50 AM
It's a pain that you have to buy or sell to get the depth.
Do any of the other brokers give you the depth without having to place an order.

couta1
16-04-2018, 11:10 AM
It's a pain that you have to buy or sell to get the depth.
Do any of the other brokers give you the depth without having to place an order. No way, because it costs them money to supply you depth.

JBmurc
23-04-2018, 10:36 PM
No way, because it costs them money to supply you depth.

(E*Trade)ANZ share investing always has had depth ... ASB just being tight IMHO

JFOX
24-04-2018, 03:10 AM
The depth issue is discussed in this rather useful summary on ASB Securities (https://www.moneyhub.co.nz/asb-securities.html)

If a user hasn't placed a trade in 3 months, ASB Securities cuts of live data, including depth and delayed depth.
However, live market data and market depth is always available in the ‘place an order’ process during market hours - share investors will have access to the latest stock pricing information to help with making trading decisions.

JBmurc
23-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Anyone else having issues with opening up ASB securities page coming up with new NZX regs which i agree with but it wont let me click on the agree ??

t.rexjr
23-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Anyone else having issues with opening up ASB securities page coming up with new NZX regs which i agree with but it wont let me click on the agree ??

Mine's normal. No regs or need to agree to anything on mine...

JBmurc
23-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Mine's normal. No regs or need to agree to anything on mine...

Yes think it's my 2011 Mac is getting too old ....might be time to upgrade as I can't upgrade operating systems

freddagg
23-05-2018, 06:24 PM

I had to do it a while ago but I could not click "agree" without pretending I had read the new rules.

Investor
23-05-2018, 07:56 PM

Perhaps try a different browser or adjusting page zoom

JBmurc
23-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Yep finally sorted

kiwitrev
24-05-2018, 08:50 AM

JB. I found it difficult at first. Have to click on all the highlite areas which recognises you have read the disclosures then can click on the agree which will then be readable.

JBmurc
28-05-2018, 11:15 PM
yep got it sorted .. which was good timing as got more funds to invest

Jay
28-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Anyone having trouble with placing an order - won't go thru is it just ASB or is NZX to blame??

Novitiate
28-02-2020, 02:42 PM
Yep, I'm having trouble. Finally managed - after a long wait - to speak to someone. It seems it is with the ASB system. When I spoke to them he said Australian orders were going through, though notifications weren't coming back the the ASB platform and NZ orders would have to be done by phone. I think it has got even worse since I was talking to them not long ago - it now looks as though all order have to be made by phone.

RRR
28-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Hopeless, timing was so important today but... :t_down::t_down:

Joshuatree
28-02-2020, 04:22 PM
Cant access any of my portfolio let alone trade any!.

Logen Ninefingers
28-02-2020, 04:25 PM
What an absolute disgrace. They have obviously just pulled the pin on us. Totally unreliable service. Will they pay compensation to customers for losses incurred today?? They won't answer the phone, their platform is dead, absolutely sh*te service.

IAK
28-02-2020, 04:44 PM
What an absolute disgrace. They have obviously just pulled the pin on us. Totally unreliable service. Will they pay compensation to customers for losses incurred today?? They won't answer the phone, their platform is dead, absolutely sh*te service.
Totally agree, what a joke.

28-02-2020, 05:27 PM
Is this a datacom meltdown again?

Trouble is NZ is served by only one other on line trading site now isnt it?

But it might just be time to move.

Logen Ninefingers
28-02-2020, 05:38 PM
Is this a datacom meltdown again?

Trouble is NZ is served by only one other on line trading site now isnt it?

But it might just be time to move.

It is customer service 101 that you answer your phones and deal with your customers.

This is a very dire situation and heads should roll. Nothing in the NZ media as yet that I can see. The manager of ASB Securities should be held to account. Do these pr*cks think they are too much of big shots to handle this situation??

IAK
28-02-2020, 06:06 PM
Guess sh**t happens when everyone is rushing for the exit door.

peat
28-02-2020, 08:45 PM
can you not sell your shares through another broker if you want to?

DonQ
02-03-2020, 09:04 AM
It is customer service 101 that you answer your phones and deal with your customers.

This is a very dire situation and heads should roll. Nothing in the NZ media as yet that I can see. The manager of ASB Securities should be held to account. Do these pr*cks think they are too much of big shots to handle this situation??

ASB Sec are increasingly arrogant, I have been complaining about the reliability of their backend for some time, but they continue to deny any problems. It is a shame , because they have offered a good service in the past, but I will have to look at moving at least my ASX holdings to another broker.

Entrep
10-03-2020, 03:36 PM
Anyone else really slow to cancel/amend/place orders on ASB Sec website?

10-03-2020, 04:59 PM
Very very slow at 4:55

Joshuatree
10-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Prob my last financial year with this company.Platform integrity is just not there.

Logen Ninefingers
10-03-2020, 05:19 PM
It's got progressively worse as the day has gone on and now seems to have totally sh*t itself. Pathetic service / system.

Entrep
10-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Not even loading now... what alternatives are there? I like it because I bank with ASB and can move funds around quickly

dln
10-03-2020, 07:10 PM
Sharesies? :)

11-03-2020, 05:04 PM
5:03 and it took forever to load.

Its utter rubbish.

couta1
11-03-2020, 05:23 PM
5:03 and it took forever to load.

Its utter rubbish. Move to DB, overall they are pretty good and I do a lot, sharesies not having a phone contact would be no good for me.

Timesurfer
16-03-2020, 08:40 AM
Still on system overload alert - not a good sign for the day ahead

blackcap
16-03-2020, 09:39 AM
Move to DB, overall they are pretty good and I do a lot, sharesies not having a phone contact would be no good for me.

Sharesies are straight through processing. No middle man involved. So no need to get on the phone in that regard. They are pretty good at getting back to you on queries via chat or email too. But I understand your position.

Entrep
16-03-2020, 09:57 AM
Yep, can't amend, cancel, place any orders with ASB online

Snow Leopard
16-03-2020, 11:22 AM
I have being few trades recently but and I have yet to have problems. For me they have been as quick as ever.

JBmurc
16-03-2020, 12:23 PM
ANZ sharetrading is so slow did get a purchase today into ETF fund

Logen Ninefingers
14-04-2020, 02:07 PM
More cr*p from ASB Securities today, portfolio not updating and it's been an hour.....

tipsy
20-04-2020, 11:10 AM
****, can't make any trades today, order page just reloads with empty fields.

RGR367
20-04-2020, 11:27 AM
****, can't make any trades today, order page just reloads with empty fields.

Try using IE as I was told by a staff sometime that they test their app mostly on IE. Never had a problem with the site using IE since then.

tipsy
20-04-2020, 11:40 AM
Try using IE as I was told by a staff sometime that they test their app mostly on IE. Never had a problem with the site using IE since then.

I'm using Chrome on MAC, no IE unfortunately never had a problem before, actually just seems to be on one stock, tried another one and it's working fine. Anyway I've missed the boat on the stock in question anyhow.

Edit: all seems to be working again, unfortunately missed my trade, strange.

Timesurfer
20-04-2020, 12:46 PM
ASB getting beyond a joke - might have to go looking elsewhere

Ace
20-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Unfilled and order processing since 10am. Is it just me?

IAK
20-04-2020, 01:46 PM
Nope. I'm getting tired of using "the force".

It's been sick for the past 4 weeks surely they would have sorted it out by now.

Ace
20-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Nope. I'm getting tired of using "the force".

It's been sick for the past 4 weeks surely they would have sorted it out by now.

What's the force? haha

IAK
20-04-2020, 01:58 PM
The Jedi force from Starwars - The Force is a mysterious energy field created by life that binds the galaxy together. Harnessing the power of the Force gives the Jedi, the Sith, and others sensitive to this spiritual energy extraordinary abilities, such as levitating objects, tricking minds, and seeing things before they happen lol.

IAK
20-04-2020, 02:19 PM
The Jedi force from Starwars - The Force is a mysterious energy field created by life that binds the galaxy together. Harnessing the power of the Force gives the Jedi, the Sith, and others sensitive to this spiritual energy extraordinary abilities, such as levitating objects, tricking minds, and seeing things before they happen lol.

Apparently it's the NZX.

tipsy
21-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Was still having issues with Chrome on mac, switched to Safari and I can now place trades, yah!

Logen Ninefingers
21-04-2020, 12:11 PM
What an abject failure and total disgrace the whole ASB computer system has become.

Hard to believe this is a major bank.

Starting to make headlines in the media.

Surely heads must roll.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12326230

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/121143972/asb-internet-banking-and-eftpos-systems-down-nationwide

gmatt
21-04-2020, 01:51 PM
Was still having issues with Chrome on mac, switched to Safari and I can now place trades, yah!

Thanks for that ..... worked for me too!!!!

15-05-2020, 12:10 PM
After putting up with excessive asb difficulties which have got a lot worse this year contacted ASB.
They said that they prefer that Microsoft Explorer! is used.

Well sorrry but I prefer Firefox which doesn't seem to handle ASB well.

Looking to move to Direct Broking which seems pretty near the same as ASB except:-

It looks a slightly better deal on brokerage charges - better maximums.

And while Asb allow Ozzy dollars to be withdrawn as Ozzy dollars from ones cash management AU$ fund (for the next Ozzy Holiday) from any of their branches, whereas it seems that Direct require one to move ozzy dollars to NZ dollars and then Buy Ozzy dollars from the proceeds, which doesn't look good.

Anyone know any other differences between ASB v Direct broking online share-trading sites??

TFA
02-07-2020, 08:51 PM
After putting up with excessive asb difficulties which have got a lot worse this year contacted ASB.

Looking to move to Direct Broking which seems pretty near the same as ASB except:-

And while Asb allow Ozzy dollars to be withdrawn as Ozzy dollars from ones cash management AU$ fund (for the next Ozzy Holiday) from any of their branches, whereas it seems that Direct require one to move ozzy dollars to NZ dollars and then Buy Ozzy dollars from the proceeds, which doesn't look good.

Anyone know any other differences between ASB v Direct broking online share-trading sites??

Previously used to Direct Broking and then now using ASB.
The DB site was ok but ASB is pretty useless by comparison. Things I find poor with ASB are:
- Doesn't automatically update a portfolio. (completely ridiculous)
- Some trade data is lost. For instance in the history it does not record the price on bought/sold for. You have to go searching for the emails sent to get the information
- There are strange data processing problems when executing a trade it hangs with "spinning wheel" so you don't know if the trade has been placed or not (it seems that it has)

23-07-2020, 12:19 PM
Previously used to Direct Broking and then now using ASB.
The DB site was ok but ASB is pretty useless by comparison. Things I find poor with ASB are:
- Doesn't automatically update a portfolio. (completely ridiculous)
- Some trade data is lost. For instance in the history it does not record the price on bought/sold for. You have to go searching for the emails sent to get the information
- There are strange data processing problems when executing a trade it hangs with "spinning wheel" so you don't know if the trade has been placed or not (it seems that it has)

Thanks for that TFA
Seems that DB is not much better
ASB still drives me crazy with an inability to cancel and order in firefox and the possibly same hanging spinning wheel as you describe with db.
'praps they are all bad as there isnt any competition in nz

While trade are rare and reasonable guess I will stay put for a bit longer.

Sehnsucht888
31-07-2020, 10:07 AM

If you have an AUD bank account - you can get AUD$ paid out to that. It isn't mentioned on the website, but if you ring them up, they are happy to do it.
The portfolio works well for me (it would be nice if they had a daily movement view though).
Haven't used ASB yet - a need to use IE makes me even less inclined to look closer at them.

Alpha
06-11-2020, 05:03 PM
I am sure this has been asked before and I have seen the answer somewhere but I cannot seem to find the answer.

Can someone please explain to me what the trades are the show up an the end and beginning of the day. I have just placed a target order and it has not shown up. So what are all these additional buys and sells? They also seem to disappear on opening.

JAYAY
13-11-2020, 08:06 AM
Does anyone make their buying and selling decisions based on Morningstar recommendations?
I certainly haven't, thank goodness.
Surely ASB can do better than Morningstar.

Norwest
13-11-2020, 10:57 AM
I am sure this has been asked before and I have seen the answer somewhere but I cannot seem to find the answer.

Can someone please explain to me what the trades are the show up an the end and beginning of the day. I have just placed a target order and it has not shown up. So what are all these additional buys and sells? They also seem to disappear on opening.

Opening Auction and Closing Auction.

02-12-2020, 06:23 PM
seems to be down yet again after going very slow during the day. Wonder if they still use Datasgone?

02-12-2020, 07:16 PM
Its bloody well gone down again ASB that is. Going to fill in the DB forms this time.

Mr Slothbear
03-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Its bloody well gone down again ASB that is. Going to fill in the DB forms this time.

direct broking a thing of the past you’ll now have to deal with Jarden Direct. Definitely some nice features but still some things for them to work on

Baa_Baa
22-12-2020, 10:05 AM
Is your ASB broken, showing 100,000% changes in SP's?

oldtech
22-12-2020, 10:06 AM
Yup, across the board.

HLG at $65100.000
OCA at $13700.000

Alpha
22-12-2020, 10:23 AM
Someone fd the formula's in excel.

Alpha
22-12-2020, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah now my portfolio page is showing the change. yeah baby

22-12-2020, 10:27 AM
April Fool!

flyer
22-12-2020, 10:38 AM
April Fool!

What a sight, I’m selling and retiring😂

oldtech
22-12-2020, 10:44 AM
From ASB website:

"We have identified an issue with our NZX listed securities data feed, that is causing last traded prices and associated price change information to display incorrectly."

You don't say!

Sehnsucht888
28-05-2021, 06:29 PM
Hi.
Just wondering what the perception is of the ASB platform and portfolio presentation.
Is this accurate - particularly when buying and selling shares? (Another platform I know double counts open buys and sells making this quite misleading when trading).

Thanks

Jay
28-05-2021, 10:17 PM
I know it shows the the total return of shares bought/sold - that is if you bought and sold a share then buy it again the profit/loss showing includes the profit/loss for all buys and sells that you did thru them.
A bit annoying really, you have a look at think hey I'm up 25% on the ATM, then realise it includes other buys and sells

Joshuatree
17-06-2021, 04:57 PM
Can anyone access ASB trading this arvo/now?

Baa_Baa
17-06-2021, 04:59 PM
Can anyone access ASB trading this arvo/now?

No, shares and online banking are down, it seems.

Joshuatree
17-06-2021, 05:42 PM
Cheers.Just checked again it's back up now.

oldtech
17-06-2021, 08:56 PM
There was a problem with Akamai, a content delivery and cloud services provider. Affected a lot more than just ASB.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/urgently-investigating-major-banks-face-service-outages-20210617-p581xq.html

Daytr
16-08-2023, 10:47 AM
Is anybody having issues logging into the ASB Securities platform this morning?

thebusinessman
16-08-2023, 10:51 AM

Yes, just says Login Error. If you type bs into it it does say incorrect username or password so I guess they have some issues...

thebusinessman
16-08-2023, 10:56 AM

Seems to be fixed now.