PDA

View Full Version : Avanco Resources Ltd ("AVB")- very high grade cu

Pages : [1] 2

steve fleming
27-09-2009, 02:22 PM
AVB is starting to look interesting again.

A JORC resource of 84,400t of Cu worth approx US$500 million.....a high grade zone at an average at over 11% copper (which is probably the equal, if not better average grades than SFR)......potential production as part of a JV in 2010....

Current resource is still open at depth/width and only 1 of 6 priority targets has been drilled to date.

Yet AVB has a market cap of approx $6m – approximately 1% of the value of its current resource.

A couple of months ago, it was disgracefully pumped to 3c and dumped.... presumably to allow those who had picked up shares at the 1c placement to exit....the register should be tighter now and AVB is likely to hold its gains this time.

On the downside, 1.8c has proved solid support over the last month.

On the upside, a medium term target would be a market cap of $20m or 6c.... though the directors may want to get a cap raising away at 3c to 4c.

STRAT
27-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi Steve,
Been waiting for an entry will low offers in both the options and heads ever since the last spike.

As you say, seems to have found support where it is :(

Still the DOW is lookin a little shakey over the last week so I might have a chance yet :D

steve fleming
12-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi Steve,
Been waiting for an entry will low offers in both the options and heads ever since the last spike.

As you say, seems to have found support where it is :(

Stlii the DOW is lookin a little shakey over the last week so I might have a chance yet :D

AVB are now targetting a large nickel sulphide resource, to go with its very high grade copper project that it is developing.

As evidenced by today's trading there are still a few sellers around ( presumably ex-placement), however it look likes it will pop very soon.

Nice to see AVBOB up 40% today - a sign of confidence for the heads.

Huang Chung
13-10-2009, 09:43 PM
AVB is starting to look interesting again.

A JORC resource of 84,400t of Cu worth approx US$500 million.....a high grade zone at an average at over 11% copper (which is probably the equal, if not better average grades than SFR)......potential production as part of a JV in 2010....

Current resource is still open at depth/width and only 1 of 6 priority targets has been drilled to date.

Yet AVB has a market cap of approx $6m – approximately 1% of the value of its current resource.

A couple of months ago, it was disgracefully pumped to 3c and dumped.... presumably to allow those who had picked up shares at the 1c placement to exit....the register should be tighter now and AVB is likely to hold its gains this time.

On the downside, 1.8c has proved solid support over the last month.

On the upside, a medium term target would be a market cap of $20m or 6c.... though the directors may want to get a cap raising away at 3c to 4c.

Hi Steve

Another interesting find.

That high grade zone at the Rio Verde project has eye popping grades, but is oh so small. The rest of the project seems to have the very low grades that are more typical of a porphry system, but miniscule tonnage by comparison.

I would have been far happier with a project around this size having a reasonably consistent grade somewhere in the middle...say 5% Cu.

Still, interesting, and you never know what other high grade zones they might uncover.

Good luck.

steve fleming
13-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi Steve

Another interesting find.

That high grade zone at the Rio Verde project has eye popping grades, but is oh so small. The rest of the project seems to have the very low grades that are more typical of a porphry system, but miniscule tonnage by comparison.

I would have been far happier with a project around this size having a reasonably consistent grade somewhere in the middle...say 5% Cu.

Still, interesting, and you never know what other high grade zones they might uncover.

Good luck.

Good points HC, thanks for your thoughts.

Certainly, more drilling is required to expand the resource and AVB have only taken one drilling campaign since IPO wich resulted in the current JORC...however despite the small size of the HGZ, the grades are such that AVB are proceeding to move to development.

The idea is to mine the HGZ first then move on to the low grade ore once the size of the low grade resource is (hopefully) sufficiently expanded.

The upside is in the 5 of the 6 copper target zones not yet drilled, as well as the nickel target, as announced yesterday, which looks promising as well.

drillfix
14-10-2009, 03:45 AM

Hi Steve, yeah I played victim to that P&D a while back and got out with only a small loss thankfully.

At times its like this stock is controlled though and unpredictable, kind of like many stocks when we think about it but there are some pure pro's in this who know how to fish well.

Wouldn't mind another go at 1.8 if it gets back there though~!

evilroyrule
14-10-2009, 12:48 PM
AVB are now targetting a large nickel sulphide resource, to go with its very high grade copper project that it is developing.

As evidenced by today's trading there are still a few sellers around ( presumably ex-placement), however it look likes it will pop very soon.

Nice to see AVBOB up 40% today - a sign of confidence for the heads.

steve you are a legend. i have never actually got on one of your picks but for the last month or more now they have all fired with alarming regularity.

evilroyrule
14-10-2009, 04:57 PM
another conversation with myself but will be interesting to see what happens if can drive through the 15 SP today/tomorrow. been pretty determined buying all day

STRAT
14-10-2009, 05:53 PM
another conversation with myself but will be interesting to see what happens if can drive through the 15 SP today/tomorrow. been pretty determined buying all dayWe cant have you talkin to yourself. People will think you are nuts :D
Have you bought some of these Roy?

Looks like a nice close for the heads. I wonder if the 1.5mill options @ 1.6 will get taken or pulled?

steve fleming
14-10-2009, 09:56 PM
steve you are a legend. i have never actually got on one of your picks but for the last month or more now they have all fired with alarming regularity.

Cheers Roy....hope you got on AVB today!

I’ve been lucky in that junior explorers generally have experienced a fantastic last couple of months.

It’s almost back to the good old 2005/2006 resource boom days when explorers would double or tripple on a rock chip result.

However this time round i am locking in profits regularly and maintaining reasonable levels of cash.

steve fleming
14-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi Steve, yeah I played victim to that P&D a while back and got out with only a small loss thankfully.

At times its like this stock is controlled though and unpredictable, kind of like many stocks when we think about it but there are some pure pro's in this who know how to fish well.

Wouldn't mind another go at 1.8 if it gets back there though~!

Yep, Drilll, trade carefully with this one...plenty of games being played here recently.

I thought today was going to be another p'n'd but it held its gains on the close.

Very high turnover today (20% of register at a VWAP of 3) which will hopefully support a new base at 3.

Matthew Wood stocks in the past have been favourites with traders- AVB seems no different.
Matthew Wood and his mates also now also control SBL Signature Metals Limited

evilroyrule
15-10-2009, 09:02 AM
We cant have you talkin to yourself. People will think you are nuts :D
Have you bought some of these Roy?

Looks like a nice close for the heads. I wonder if the 1.5mill options @ 1.6 will get taken or pulled?

no i didnt strat, it was toss up between EWC and AVB. Made another wrong decision primarily because im being impatient and not letting things run. Sold IRN last week only for them to fire up approx 9% yesterday. So as much as im now growing to despise my CUE shares i cant sell based on irrational thought they will then fire also. moral (for me at least) is not become be greedy and expect 10% plus gains regularly. I think recent times have created an unreasonable expectation.

steve fleming
18-01-2010, 02:52 PM

AVB is looking better and better, with very strong announcements today and last week:

In summary, AVB controls highly prospective land, surrounded by majors, in the world class Carajas region in Brazil. AVB's two prioirty projects are:

1) Touro Nickel Project where exploration results continue to highlight the geological similarities to Mirabela Nickel’s giant Santa Rita Nickel Project in Brazil.

2) Antas South Copper Project - A scoping study on the high grade starter project is nearing completion. AVB is currently talking to a number of domestic and international parties interested in direct ship copper off-take. Open cut mining will be cheap as largely free digging with low stripping required.

Iron ore and gold potential also exist, when AVB gets round to focusing on them.

- all for a market cap of just under $10m.

just need to get the cap raising out of the way, and this should re-rate big time.

trackers
26-01-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm in the options. On the back of their $9mil market cap I've had a newbies go at evaluating their copper resource (also posted on HC):

Copper price has risen almost 2.5x over the last year (since maiden JORC were published). Copper now at ~AUD$3.75 / lb.

84,400 t of copper (0.4%) = 186,070,149 lb

75% recovery = 139,552,611 lb.

20.5% copper concentrate = 28,608,285 lb

AUD$3.75 x 28,608,285 lb = $107,281,068 gross

A small amount of research suggests extraction costs are 0.70/lb to 1.45/lb so given the flotation method can be used I'll assume AUD $1/lb (26% in this case.. So 74% of gross is retained as profit)

Profit = $79,387,990

Now.. Referencing the latest announcement (http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AVB&E=ASX&N=476690) there's a few unknown's here:

1. Does/should the 75% recovery, 20.5% copper concentrate apply to the whole resource? Am I doing the right thing here, by assuming that 75% of the total resource is recovered, then 20.5% of that is sold as copper concentrate?

2. Any comments re total costs? Any help would be useful

I appreciate that extraction costs will start out low, and rise over time.. And there'll be significant variations in recovery % etc, but there's not much I can do about that :)

snowball
27-01-2010, 11:20 AM
trackers, my take on this is that they expect to recover upwards of 75% of the resource (although I would generally use 90% if no estimated recovery figure is given).

With the production of a 20.5% concentrate, this is the product they are refining to so whoever sold to the concentrate needs refining further to extract pure copper.

They will still produce the full 75%+ copper recovery it is just refined to and sold in a diluted form. Thus the pricing they receive I assume will be less than a market price US$3.30/lb or $7,300/tonne or whatever price basis is used. How much less I don't know.

I also picked up some of their options a while back.

jdg
25-02-2010, 03:42 PM
i looked at AVB a while ago - prompted by Steve Fleming’s options thread. i actually tried to buy a few around the 1c mark but failed. after recent announcements, i'm back. i took up a small position today at 2.6c. very pleased to see it jump to 3.1c, but can see no reason why. at the moment we have some great results but it's all hinging on the promises of management. i hope they dig holes and not turn the co into a bottomless pit. a cap raising appears inevitable in the near future.
this really is a punt, and i'm only in for gambling money - but it's one for the bottom drawer.

-j

jdg
05-03-2010, 04:59 PM
hey trackers, i've transfered the discussion over here. what price are you looking at for re-entry? i am in at 2.6c - it will be interesting to see what happens when the announcement comes. good things come to those who wait...?

-j

steve fleming
06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
from the options thread.....

Hi Steve,
This AVB Trading halt is dragging on eh?

Starting to wonder whats goin on.

First the halt pending an ann regarding a cap raising.

Then withdrawl from quotation.

Then a substantial holdings notice which was quickly withdrawn.

mmmmmm. fishy

There was an interesting post on h/c by a pretty respected poster (that has since been moderated) that was adament that the cap-raise was going to be a 1 for 1.5 rights issue @ 2.5c togethor with a free option to raise $5.1m. The poster said the raising was being managed by CPS Securities. To me, this made sense, as a Director of CPS is Jason Peterson, who just happens to be one of the largest shareholders in AVB (through Celtic Capital).

However, there is no way it takes 5 days to organise a rights issue, so there must be something in addition, maybe a JV or an off take agreement which could be used as security for debt financing.

Either way, AVB will be cashed up, which the market will like.

Personally hope it is not a rights issue as most of my AVB holdings are through AVBOB.

The SSH notice was withdrawn as it was lodged by a guy who had bought more than 5% of AVBOB, but you don't need to lodge a SSH notice for options so it was withdrawn.

STRAT
06-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks for that Steve.

I hope the ex price on the new free options is more that AVBOB. It would be bloody unfair on those who supported them last time if they aint.

Getting any sleep? :D

trackers
06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi Steve,

Cheers for that info too, was curious what the moderated post said...I would have thought that the delay would suggest an institutional placement rather than a rights issue, but who knows...

Tbh I'm hoping for some dilution so that I can pick up some cheap bob's - I overpaid for them last time, low-mid 1's would be good...
we will definitely see..

trackers
08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Rights issue. 1:1.5 with free option for every 5 shares.. Raising 5mil. fully underwritten.

Release is incomplete however, no idea of record date (which as a non-holder if the most impt piece of information for me!.... Also surprised that copper prod 'commercial decision' to be made late 2010 - Not as near term as I had thought... Guess the Ni really has taken center stage

steve fleming
08-03-2010, 10:34 PM
There was an interesting post on h/c by a pretty respected poster (that has since been moderated) that was adament that the cap-raise was going to be a 1 for 1.5 rights issue @ 2.5c togethor with a free option to raise $5.1m. The poster said the raising was being managed by CPS Securities. To me, this made sense, as a Director of CPS is Jason Peterson, who just happens to be one of the largest shareholders in AVB (through Celtic Capital).

So the h/c poster was 100% on the money - the terms of the isue were therefore obviously known early last week, but it took a week to announce to the market. The only thing i can think of, is it took a while to get underwriting commitments.

The rights issue is a bit disappointing, given the dilution, but to have it 100% underwritten @ 2.5c is a pretty good effort.

Probably some short term pressure, but the market will like the cash, and there will be some interesting news flow coming up with the Touro Ni drilling, additional acquisitions and the cu development.

Strat - i am doing OK, i'm a pretty deep sleeper, but my wife likes to tell me each morning apparently how she was up all night feeding!

STRAT
08-03-2010, 10:41 PM
So the h/c poster was 100% on the money - the terms of the isue were therefore obviously known early last week, but it took a week to announce to the market. The only thing i can think of, is it took a while to get underwriting commitments.

The rights issue is a bit disappointing, given the dilution, but to have it 100% underwritten @ 2.5c is a pretty good effort.

Probably some short term pressure, but the market will like the cash, and there will be some interesting news flow coming up with the Touro Ni drilling, additional acquisitions and the cu development.

Strat - i am doing OK, i'm a pretty deep sleeper, but my wife likes to tell me each morning apparently how she was up all night feeding!Im pleased to see they didnt issue more free options with longer ex dates and or lower conversion price.

Sleeping right through eh? Youve earned the title dad already then :D

trackers
09-03-2010, 07:13 AM

Strat - i am doing OK, i'm a pretty deep sleeper, but my wife likes to tell me each morning apparently how she was up all night feeding!

Hi Steve,

Lucky you - Glad everything is going well with your new bubs.. Our first is due in 6 days! I'm an incredibly light sleeper so will see how we go :)

jdg
09-03-2010, 10:38 AM
crumbs, people might fall pregnant just reading this thread...

it was an interesting raising - well thanks, steve. the delay was certainly unusual, but even more so was the fact that a poster on ST seemed more than aware of the details. i too felt that the copper project may well have advanced a little more quickly than a decision by the end of the year, and it seems clear they think the nickel may come up trumps (and this now appears to be their near term focus). a significant discovery there would certainly give things a dramatic boost. given the rights issue was expected, i'm happy to take them up (i'm only in the heads), but i do have the obvious concern as to whether or not management can actually make money from all of this potential. i really want to see the copper project proceed (to prove they have what it takes to make profit not just promises) before we begin looking to buy other tenements. this one is a roughy, but it really does have the feel of something rather big in the making. time will tell.

-j

STRAT
09-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Somebody wants AVBOB this morning :D

trackers
09-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Picked up some heads today, keen to take part in rights issue. Very happy I sold BOB's @ 1.9c last week....

steve fleming
09-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Steve,

Lucky you - Glad everything is going well with your new bubs.. Our first is due in 6 days! I'm an incredibly light sleeper so will see how we go :)

Wow...awesome news..you've got an amazing time coming up!

Nice sell with AVBOBs.

Record date is 18 March 2010 - so there is a little bit of time for people to get set for the rights.

It wouldn't surprise me if AVB have some good news lined up to ensure maximum take up, although being 100% underwritten the pressure is off a little bit.

evilroyrule
09-03-2010, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=steve fleming;296321]Wow...awesome news..you've got an amazing time coming up!

good god you make me feel old! still as the sire of four fillies and one colt captain fleming is right. amazing times.

im hoping that the tradition of the father paying for the wedding is now old hat. with four potential weddings i hope me stx/hzn grow big bloody wings! i never give advice on anything but i will say this. everyone will tell you their baby is a perfect sleeper. they are all lying! and if you ever wanted to read a parenting book try "nurtureshock". if you pm me happy to send to you. my wife read me chapters. i much prefer irvine welsh.

happy fatherhood fellas!

yes. your lack of lactation will shee you chastised for remainder of your life.

fnb10
02-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Hi guys, new trader here. what does 100% under written mean? i am not sure whether to proceed with the rights issue or not, hence this question.
Cheers
fb

percy
02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Whether you or other shareholders take up your shares does not matter as any not taken up will be taken up by the underwriter.100% underwritten means if no shareholders take up shares the underwritter will so company will still get the money they require.Underwriters get a fee,they are usually a large sharebroking firm who will place shares with their clients.

jdg
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM
i have taken up my allotment, although i still have some concerns about AVB. it's a punt of a stock for sure, but my real concern is that the focus has shifted from the copper project to nickel exploration. sure, if we find something at touro then i'll credit them with great insight (and probably have a drink or two) but i really do want to see rio verde progressing. and clearly - given the obviously poor take up - i'm not alone in that. let's see some money start to come in and management's ability to move from exploration to production. without progress here, there will always be a lingering concern that a cap raising is always around the corner - and thereby capping the sp.

the problems that appear evident in getting current holders to stump up for this raising is potentially a good message to send to the company, in my opinion.

this co has all the potential in the world, but we need to see more results in their previously stated priorities (but, again, all of this will be forgiven and forgotten IF touro comes up trumps with a high grade Ni discovery).

-j

drillfix
06-04-2010, 04:57 PM
There is some news out now Jdg,

Looks alright but I guess your interpretation of shareholders having to foot the bill is evident of the unpleasant stagnation after such a Ann.

Good luck with that one mate.

jdg
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
cheers, drill. they are looking to buy another tenement... i can't tell if AVB management are visionary geniuses or deluded fools.

steve Fleming, this is your baby as much as anyone’s, do you have a take on things at the moment? anyone else?

-j

steve fleming
11-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Percy is right, the underwriter is contractually required to fund any shortfall from the capital raising.

I see there are a few posts on hc suggesting that the underwriter will not fund any shortfall. While, yes, there was an issue with CPS Securities underwriting the WCUO options earlier this year; as i mentioned earlier, one of the CPS directors, Jason Peterson, is actually the 2nd largest shareholder in AVB, and knows the company intimately and is a big supporter of AVB and is likely to be promoting AVB heavily.

steve fleming
11-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi jdg

AVB's seeming lack of focus is a bit of a worry, Fair enough if the Guapore Project was a bargain deal presented to them that they would be stupid not to turn down, but given cash is an issue, it probably would be better if they stick to getting the copper in production first, and having Touro as a side focus.

Maybe Matt Wood, who is a serial deal maker from way back, just can't help himself.

Having said that i will be taking up my full entitlement as inevitably it will re-rate after the cap raising.

jdg
13-04-2010, 09:16 AM
cheers, Steve. it's certainly one to watch. so much hinges on the Ni drill results, in my view.

if they come up trumps then we are in for a real ride and management are due much congratulations. in a few weeks we'll know what we have here. it might well add to your 10 bagger list.

-j

trackers
19-04-2010, 05:43 PM
AVB very strong on a down day - Up almost 20%.... I'd say we've just found a bunch of nickel fellas

STRAT
20-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Chart looks alright too Trackers

soulman
20-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Yep, and what more suprising is the massive shortfall of the entitlement issue. I applied for mine and would have apply for more to take up the shortfall if allowed to. The broker will have a hell of a time to offload those massive shortfall and if AVB goes for a trot to the mid 3 on big volume, then they will have no problem in doing that.

steve fleming
20-04-2010, 11:09 PM
AVB very strong on a down day - Up almost 20%.... I'd say we've just found a bunch of nickel fellas

Maybe....or possibly a pump to allow the underwriters to more easily offload their 150 million odd shares

NoVice
21-04-2010, 09:08 AM
SF,

What are the chances of them selling them to a larger player who would like to get into AVBs copper (& possibly nickel) play ? It could be handy having someone on board when they (finally) get around to mining the copper

steve fleming
29-04-2010, 12:22 AM
SF,

What are the chances of them selling them to a larger player who would like to get into AVBs copper (& possibly nickel) play ? It could be handy having someone on board when they (finally) get around to mining the copper

Hi NoVice,

its a possibilty, but the copper resource is probably currently too small to really be of interest to a larger player... AVB probably need to do a bit more work to scale up the resource before they attract real interest from other copper players.

However, i see that the 4th largest shareholder in AVB now is "APPOLLO NOMINEES INC" - i don't know who is behind it, but it is not often you see an American company take an interest in a small Oz exlporer....be interesting to know what their motives are....

jdg
10-05-2010, 01:53 PM
at the risk of repetition, the nickel drills are just so crucial (and becoming more so as the sp takes a dive). was this diversion a brilliant gamble or a foolhardy undertaking? if we fail to find anything meaningful, i think we will all have bloody noses.
fingers crossed.

-j

trackers
10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
at the risk of repetition, the nickel drills are just so crucial (and becoming more so as the sp takes a dive). was this diversion a brilliant gamble or a foolhardy undertaking? if we fail to find anything meaningful, i think we will all have bloody noses.
fingers crossed.

-j

A poor result from Nickel drilling would be disappointing but I'd say failure is pretty much already built in at these levels. I sold down my holdings at 3c and am holding the parcel acquired through the rights issue

NoVice
10-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I agree trackers - a Ni failure is already built in. This companies future & SP value has always been dependant on the Cu being successfully mined. The Ni has been a distracting sideshow. I have had concerns that they were not concentrating enough on progress with the Cu but the quarterly report shows that they have not taken their eye off the ball with the Cu which pleases me

N

Discl. hold AVB

trackers
06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
AVB is looking good, it has risen 50% recently though in my eyes is still hugely undervalued (disc: holding).

Quarterly reveals that AVB continues to log more high grade copper results; the final results due shortly and are being widely anticipated (even got a wee mention in 'The Australian').

Another thing currently exciting holders is that rock chips of 50% FE have been found in its Trinidade North permit, which borders Vale - The largest Iron ore mine on Earth.... good stuff..

Pity we have to wait to the quarterly to find this stuff out, the coy could be a lot better at communication..

Quarterly here : http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AVB&E=ASX&N=500299

STRAT
07-08-2010, 10:39 AM
AVB is looking good, it has risen 50% recently though in my eyes is still hugely undervalued (disc: holding).

Quarterly reveals that AVB continues to log more high grade copper results; the final results due shortly and are being widely anticipated (even got a wee mention in 'The Australian').

Another thing currently exciting holders is that rock chips of 50% FE have been found in its Trinidade North permit, which borders Vale - The largest Iron ore mine on Earth.... good stuff..

Pity we have to wait to the quarterly to find this stuff out, the coy could be a lot better at communication..

Quarterly here : http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AVB&E=ASX&N=500299I feel like Im stalking ya Trackers

but this one looks interesting eh? Somethings up. Bought back my AVBOB earlier in the week

trackers
07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I feel like Im stalking ya Trackers

but this one looks interesting eh? Somethings up. Bought back my AVBOB earlier in the week

I love it :D

soulman
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Me too. Bought the head at 2 early this week.

trackers
19-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I feel like Im stalking ya Trackers

Good decision. Things are really looking up for AVB huh?

Vale to pay to explore Trindade Iron project + royalties up to $40million ($10mil market cap): http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AVB&E=ASX&N=502101

Serra Verde copper project: http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AVB&E=ASX&N=501835

Pending: Further news re drilling at AVB's main project Rio Verde

http://iforce.co.nz/i/0gq2qmp1.bmp

STRAT
20-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Good decision. Things are really looking up for AVB huh?

We will see. I like a few things in the chart below but the market is pretty choppy

STRAT
03-09-2010, 02:29 PM
AVB on the move today Trackers.

Looks ready to go off to me

Are we due some news?

trackers
03-09-2010, 03:39 PM
AVB on the move today Trackers.

Looks ready to go off to me

Are we due some news?

Yup, looks all good. There is massive news pending, in the ultra short term regarding further high grade results from their main field (Rio Verde)...

And also at some stage the green light from the govt - Trial Mining Licence.

I've been scalping AVBOB by buying at 1.1 and selling at 1.2, but that backfired this week!! Typical. Still holding a decent amount of AVB's

STRAT
20-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Looks like that news is here Trackers.

Trading Halt

trackers
20-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Trading halt pending Rio Verde results...!!

Edit: Ya beat me to it Strat. Yip, I'm excited about this Rio Verde is a winner without further high grade results

STRAT
20-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Trading halt pending Rio Verde results...!!

Edit: Ya beat me to it Strat. Yip, I'm excited about this Rio Verde is a winner without further high grade resultsIm a bit excited :D

trackers
21-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow!!! Trading halt about to end:

32 metres at 14.79% copper from 1 metre, including
9 metres at 50.49% copper from 18 metres.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100921/pdf/31smfwtgfk207l.pdf

If the sp doesn't rise much I'll seriously consider going all in

STRAT
21-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Nice day for good news too

Those 1c options might look bloody good this avo :D

Check out the depth as traders set up to play. I might be selling today :eek2:

STRAT
21-09-2010, 01:42 PM
lol
250% on 2.5 minutes. What a hoot.

This will do wonders for your mojo Trackers

trackers
21-09-2010, 01:54 PM
lol
250% on 2.5 minutes. What a hoot.

This will do wonders for your mojo Trackers

Thanks Strat yeah it sure has mate...What a relief, this just made my year. Now just need the options to stop trading at such a massive discount

STRAT
21-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Like all projectiles fired up into the air its coming back down now. Wonder where it will settle?

trackers
21-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Like all projectiles fired up into the air its coming back down now. Wonder where it will settle?

Hmm, hard to say. I do believe that it deserves to be where its at currently but you never know with day traders in play. I was looking to offload a few oppies but not at the discount they are currently trading at.

Technically, of course, you wouldn't drop it just yet unless you were looking at intra-day stats

STRAT
21-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Hmm, hard to say. I do believe that it deserves to be where its at currently but you never know with day traders in play. I was looking to offload a few oppies but not at the discount they are currently trading at.

Technically, of course, you wouldn't drop it just yet unless you were looking at intra-day statsI let half go earlier on. Hedging my bets lol.

I have noticed sites like SMH have conversion price at 2c. Im wondering how many others do and if that is why the options are lagging by about 0.5c.

Anyway sent a grissle by email to them. Not expecting a reply though.

trackers
21-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I let half go earlier on. Hedging my bets lol.

I have noticed sites like SMH have conversion price at 2c. Im wondering how many others do and if that is why the options are lagging by about 0.5c.

Anyway sent a grissle by email to them. Not expecting a reply though.

Yeah, rounding issue which is quite annoying. I have been seriously considering going all-in on AVB for a while (obviously wish I'd already done so!), so still in two minds whether to sell or not. Seriously good company in the making here.

STRAT
21-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, rounding issue which is quite annoying. I have been seriously considering going all-in on AVB for a while (obviously wish I'd already done so!), so still in two minds whether to sell or not. Seriously good company in the making here.All in?

I like to carry my eggs in more than one basket.

I just had a wee look over at HC.

10c lol. You can bet your granny those fellas have sells pending :scared:

but I am hoping it will settle in the 4 to 5 range so my BOBs can catch up

COLIN
21-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Hearty congrats Strat, Trackers, et al. Your confidence has been well and truly rewarded.

STRAT
21-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Hearty congrats Strat, Trackers, et al. Your confidence has been well and truly rewarded.Thanks Colin. Looks like a strong close too.

Reckon I owe Steve Fleming a bottle of Scotch

STRAT
21-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Mind boggling that 419 of 511 million shares changed hands today even if some went back and forth. Thats 82% of the shares on issue

evilroyrule
21-09-2010, 05:49 PM
well done fellas. i am trying to find a way to bask in your reflected glow.

ps. keep it tucked away that avb is leaky ship, recall that speeding tick. for vol/price not so long ago?

soulman
21-09-2010, 05:50 PM
All in?

I like to carry my eggs in more than one basket.

I just had a wee look over at HC.

10c lol. You can bet your granny those fellas have sells pending :scared:

but I am hoping it will settle in the 4 to 5 range so my BOBs can catch up

Not selling STRAT? History of similar gains in the past suggest it should rockets the next day intra day so who knows.

Let's pay tribute to the person that made the last trade on Friday of 170,718 shares and the lucky person that bought it. Unfortunately, that muppet/fish/banana that sold it is me and the reason for selling was so hard to fathom for you people at sharetrader. Bought those for 2.2 and I need that profits to push me to all-time high profits for the week. Also, AVB was doing not much for that week and I already have 3 other lots of AVB. It seems these accumulating strategy I have in place are working to a tee ATM. Recent success was FML and JML (small profits in JML but I accumulated 4 times on both stock). Just wished I done the same with RMS.

trackers
21-09-2010, 06:05 PM
well done fellas. i am trying to find a way to bask in your reflected glow.

ps. keep it tucked away that avb is leaky ship, recall that speeding tick. for vol/price not so long ago?

Thanks evilroyrule. AVB has a very faults but the ship is extremely tight, it rose in the last few weeks as a delayed reaction to the Vale deal. All AVB's announcements have been a big surprise to the markets imo

STRAT
21-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Not selling STRAT? History of similar gains in the past suggest it should rockets the next day intra day so who knows.

Let's pay tribute to the person that made the last trade on Friday of 170,718 shares and the lucky person that bought it. Unfortunately, that muppet/fish/banana that sold it is me and the reason for selling was so hard to fathom for you people at sharetrader. Bought those for 2.2 and I need that profits to push me to all-time high profits for the week. Also, AVB was doing not much for that week and I already have 3 other lots of AVB. It seems these accumulating strategy I have in place are working to a tee ATM. Recent success was FML and JML (small profits in JML but I accumulated 4 times on both stock). Just wished I done the same with RMS.I let half go this morning Soulman , just after the first spike peaked. Will keep the rest for now. Its going to be a hell of a close today.

My condolences on your sale but if your stratergy is working dont change it. Things like this dont happen often. One certainly cant count on them but they are such fun eh?

STRAT
21-09-2010, 06:08 PM
the ship is extremely tight,Not completely tight Trackers

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?7230-Avanco-Resources-Ltd-%28-quot-AVB-quot-%29-very-high-grade-cu&p=319882&viewfull=1#post319882

soulman
21-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I let half go this morning Soulman , just after the first spike peaked. Will keep the rest for now. Its going to be a hell of a close today.

My condolences on your sale but if your stratergy is working dont change it. Things like this dont happen often. One certainly cant count on them but they are such fun eh?

I have 2 bad beat today STRAT. Sold on open the remaining shares at 5.3. I would have thought the TH would wipe the que clean and my order cancelled. Anyway, I did not anticipate AVB opening at 5.3. I think we all didn't anticipate this movement. Sold the rest at 5.7 at about 3pm and watched in horror the last hour. And to think I usually do my selling 15 min before close.

Some OK news now (because we don't know what's happening tomorrow). Because of the discrepancy between AVBOB and AVB, I bought AVBOB at 4.1 15 mins before close.

You only have AVBOB STRAT? Do we all feel for the people that sold and got their timing wrong due to impatient? Just think of the 6.5 mil shares traded at 2.6 on Thurs 16th Sept and my last sale on Fri afternoon. One click of a button, 170K odd shares traded and $7K+ out of pocket at today's closing price. I imagine you sold your half cheaply too STRAT?

And let's repeat ourselves again, these thing don't happen very often so cherish it if anyone's involved.

STRAT
21-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah Soulman ( every time I read your nick I think of James Brown ). Only the Options. and yes too cheap at 3.3 but Im not complaining. This is my second dip into this one and my best trade ever. I certainly didnt expect the day to end the way it did. Letting half go was good insurance I think.

Huang Chung
21-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Well done fellas (and comiserations Soulman...).

Bottle the moment, 'cause they don't happen too often.

Luv to know how many different owners some of those shares had in the space of one trading day....

jdg
21-09-2010, 08:30 PM
my first post in months, but if 158% wasn't enought to get me out of bed, then nothing would. what a great day we have had. let's hope the other 1000m of drill finds a couple of strikes like ARVD 80 - 32m at 14.72 (from the surface!) including 9m at 50% (from 18m). phew.
right, that's it from me until FDA approval comes through for ACL. i'll really be cracking open the wine on that one.
really hope everyone is well.

-j

NoVice
21-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Bought some Nov last year hoping the nickel drill would be successful - nope. Got stuck with them at A3.7c. Still liked the story so bought a bigger chunk in April this year at A2.3c to average down to A3.2c. Saw it was at A5.8c before I went to the gym late this arvo so I thought if I can double my money what the hell - A6.4c it is. Just got back & they went.
This means it is guaranteed to go even higher tomorrow.

steve fleming
21-09-2010, 09:08 PM
my first post in months, but if 158% wasn't enought to get me out of bed, then nothing would. what a great day we have had. let's hope the other 1000m of drill finds a couple of strikes like ARVD 80 - 32m at 14.72 (from the surface!) including 9m at 50% (from 18m). phew.
right, that's it from me until FDA approval comes through for ACL. i'll really be cracking open the wine on that one.
really hope everyone is well.

-j

Thought i’d drop by as well, and say hi to Strat, Trackers and others, and pass on my congratulations for hanging on with AVB!! it has been well worth the wait!!

The last few months (well over a year actually) I’ve been holding patiently waiting for a day like this, and it certainly was truely a most amazing day.

Sold some AVBOB into the afternoon surge, but am still holding close to a couple of million AVBOB.

During the quiet times when there is no liquidity and nothing is happening, and you are sitting there holding a heap of a stock/options that is going nowhere, and no one has any confidence in, it certainly tests your resolve.

But there is nothing more satisfying than when the market does react and take off like today, and you are fully set and able to enjoy the ride!

h2so4
21-09-2010, 09:44 PM
brilliant:)

soulman
21-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Well done SF. You actually turn my attention to AVB about a year ago so kudos to you. Another big bagger to put on your list. Those that still have the cap raising shares AVB did 5 months ago that have the free oppies attached are popping champagne at the minute. Patient is crucial with AVB and it certainly pays off. I can't really complain about making money unless I am Gordon Gekko.

trackers
22-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Thought i’d drop by as well, and say hi to Strat, Trackers and others, and pass on my congratulations for hanging on with AVB!! it has been well worth the wait!!

The last few months (well over a year actually) I’ve been holding patiently waiting for a day like this, and it certainly was truely a most amazing day.

Sold some AVBOB into the afternoon surge, but am still holding close to a couple of million AVBOB.

During the quiet times when there is no liquidity and nothing is happening, and you are sitting there holding a heap of a stock/options that is going nowhere, and no one has any confidence in, it certainly tests your resolve.

But there is nothing more satisfying than when the market does react and take off like today, and you are fully set and able to enjoy the ride!

Hey Steve,

Really good to hear you were still holding, and not a small amount too! All good, an excellent day all around.

Anyone have thoughts on what may happen today? I offloaded most of mine too early yesterday, thought the rally was fizzling out (wrong!), but these things happen.

STRAT
22-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Shes off again this morning Trackers

trackers
22-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Simply amazing... I have some oppies, I'm seriously considering exercising them for an instant 10% gain

STRAT
22-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Simply amazing... I have some oppies, I'm seriously considering exercising them for an instant 10% gainDunno how long it would take to process that but too long I suspect. Ive been lookin at that 0.5c lag and have considered the same. Would pay to wait for the dust to settle I reckon. Could easily fall a couple of cents before you even get your application and cheque in an envelope :scared:

STRAT
22-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Thought i’d drop by as well, and say hi to Strat, Trackers and others, and pass on my congratulations
Thanks Steve.

Wouldnt be on this if not for you

I expected this to be in part a pump n dump yesterday but the turnover is just astounding. Surely even taking day traders etc into account we will end up with a brand new register which must reduce the inevitable retrace that is on its way when ever that will be.

Xerof
22-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Yep, concur with the vote of thanks to Steve - I joined the register last November, sold a third of them late yesterday.

If you look at the results table and see the ground that the next set of results is going to cover, it's right through the centre of the HGZone

I'll hold for that enlightenment I think....

soulman
22-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Dunno how long it would take to process that but too long I suspect. Ive been lookin at that 0.5c lag and have considered the same. Would pay to wait for the dust to settle I reckon. Could easily fall a couple of cents before you even get your application and cheque in an envelope :scared:

That's what I thought. Where can you download the form?

It seems to me the dump is coming soon. I traded AVB 8 times this morning for a net loss of $205 (my broker loves me). First time I woke up before the market open and I don't think I will do it again. I usually trade in the last 2 hours of the day. It was the options I bought for 4.1 and 4.6 at closed yesterday that prompt me to be up early for this one and even that I sold the options at 4.9, one of the low price for the day. (Original plan was 5.2, then changed to 5.4, missed it altogether and get's a lemon in my face fo being greedy. 5.2 would have gone through first thing this morning). Why are human so greedy???

STRAT, are you holding AVBOB for another ride? I have had too much emotion in the last 24 hours,

STRAT
22-09-2010, 04:18 PM
STRAT, are you holding AVBOB for another ride? I have had too much emotion in the last 24 hours,Still got half Soulman. Depth looks alright I will hold em for now. Tempted to take the money and run mind you at 1c its the biggest gain Ive seen ever. Just gotta stay cool:cool:........ Yeah:cool:.........Im cool:confused:..... relaxed:eek2:.....I think:lol:

soulman
22-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Makes that net loss of $605 trading AVB/AVBOB intra day today. I was gambling today and I was telling myself that I was gambling. Offset that, the cheap AVBOB I bought yesterday.

At the close of today, I am all out of AVB and AVBOB. Will not re-enter anytime soon for the sake of sanity.

The closing dump today was the complete opposite to yesterday's closing pump. Only prelude to tomorrow's red, I reckon. Good luck to those that decide to hold on.

steve fleming
22-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey Steve,

Really good to hear you were still holding, and not a small amount too! All good, an excellent day all around.

Anyone have thoughts on what may happen today? I offloaded most of mine too early yesterday, thought the rally was fizzling out (wrong!), but these things happen.

Hi Trackers,

Yeah i have continued to hold AVBOB...things got a bit boring in the market for me for a while there (i.e. I was making no money!!! Plus it got to the point where there was such little liquidity and news in the stocks I follow) but have to continued to hold all my positions.

My aim is to try and establish a free-carried position, so have done that now with AVBOB, and have plenty of AVBOB left over to hold on for the ride.

Hope all is going well with your little one....ours is 8 months old now, time is flying!

steve fleming
23-09-2010, 12:33 AM
This AVB episode has once again shown how the market fails to properly price small cap plays, presenting the opportunity to make large amount of money providing you have the patience.

Yesterday and today, you had literally thousands of posts on hot copper, all of a sudden comparing AVB to SFR ( i see the 3rd most viewed hc post today was "rough - comparison between sfr and avb") , all as if this news suddenly happened over night......but NONE OF THIS INFORMATION WAS NEW NEWS!!!

I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but a year or so ago, when i started this thread, in my very first post, i made the comment "a high grade zone at an average at over 11% copper (which is probably the equal, if not better average grades than SFR)".

If you had the patience, you had over a year to enter this stock before the market caught onto AVB.

Of course, AVB did themselves no favours over this time, as firstly Patersons, and then CPS Securities playing AVB nicely as they positioned themselves for some juicy right issues along the way. There will definitely be no-one smiling more over AVB's price increase than the boys at CPS.

h2so4
23-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Still got half Soulman. Depth looks alright I will hold em for now. Tempted to take the money and run mind you at 1c its the biggest gain Ive seen ever. Just gotta stay cool:cool:........ Yeah:cool:.........Im cool:confused:..... relaxed:eek2:.....I think:lol:

Your sufferring from acrophobia, where's the Dr.?:D

STRAT
23-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Was that you converting a few options today Trackers? :p

STRAT
23-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Your sufferring from acrophobia, where's the Dr.?:DHey H2so4. Hell yes is the answer and I was expecting to come crashing back to earth today but all in all AVB has held up rather well. Im thinkin I will ride a while longer.

I do wish all the punters on AVBOB would read the announcement out today.

1.5c. Not 2.0c
1.5c. Not 2.0c
1.5c. Not 2.0c

and hey yeah, where is the Doc? He hasnt been around for a while.

soulman
23-09-2010, 05:46 PM
To be fair though, AVBOB wasn't trading at a discount before the surge. Still, I don't think the punters know.

STRAT
23-09-2010, 05:57 PM
To be fair though, AVBOB wasn't trading at a discount before the surge. Still, I don't think the punters know.Hi Soulman.
Its not a good look when a website like SMH whoes purpose for being there is to supply market data can be out by 33% and they arent the only one. If you consider the last two days of trading thats a wad of cash. It would be so so easy to fix too.

Lesson is I guess if you want reliable info you have to wade through old announcements.

SMH. I have deleted you from my favourites:t_down:

trackers
23-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Was that you converting a few options today Trackers? :p

Haha, no but someone wasn't mucking around! They must have gone via the registry for the forms

STRAT
23-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Haha, no but someone wasn't mucking around! They must have gone via the registry for the formsFair bit of effort and stress for a possible $750 which could disappear in a second Im thinking.

soulman
24-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Fair bit of effort and stress for a possible $750 which could disappear in a second Im thinking.

The message are getting out. I am sure punters know how to read announcement and the latest announcement are a no brainer.

The discount are closing in by a point. Next week could be 2 to 3 points or maybe even parity.

STRAT
24-09-2010, 07:08 PM
The message is getting out. I am sure punters know how to read an announcement and the latest announcement is a no brainer.

The discount has closed in by a point. Next week could be 2 to 3 points or maybe even parity.
Hey Soulman.
I was impressed with the rise today especially when you take into consideration that its a Friday and many of the T3 traders from Wednesday will need to start cashing up. Actually considering just that , perhaps the guts will drop out on Monday :scared:

trackers
28-09-2010, 11:11 AM
If anyone's interested...

- Latest round of drilling at Rio Verde complete, awaiting the assays for the second half which are currently being lab tested. I expect a Trading Halt when they arrive to give AVB the necessary time to go over the results and put them in publishable format for ASX. Why would we expect these to be any less impressive than the first lot?

AVB stated on 17Sep that "first assays expected soon" for the first half of drilling. AVB went into TH 3 days later on 20Sep.

On 21Sep AVB said that "further pending assay results expected soon". A week has passed... Its not unreasonable that these could arrive imminently..Is it?

AVB comment on Rio Verde:

Proximal discoveries of similar exceptional high grade copper is highly probable as such high grade zones are not uncommon in the locality.

The Company has also identified new high grade copper targets to enhance the project's longevity. Additional high grade mineralised occurrences are known to exists at Rio Verde and at the proximal Serra Verde Property where channel sampling from an historic open cut has returned high grade results

-- Serra Verde permit is just couple km's up the road from Rio Verde. From the Annual Report:

An extensive copper soil anomaly exists at the Pedro copper target. This north west to south east trending anomaly extends
over 2,500m and connects with the Serra Verde open cut. The Pedro copper target has never been drill tested.

The potential for the discovery of a large iron oxide copper gold (IOCG) type deposits at Serra Verde should also not be
discounted. IOCG type mineralisation is the target of exploration and drilling currently being reported by a Canadian JV
group on the neighbouring Rio Novo Property which is situated on Serra Verde's northern boundary.

Will this be the next to be drilled?

-- Revised JORC resource estimate to be released.

-- Trial Mining Licence to be granted (environmental Operating Licence already granted)

-- Trinidade South permit. What are AVB going to do with this... Sell it to Vale as well?

-- Trinidade North permit. Vale to commence drilling. Up to $40million in royalties expected, with AVB holding the rights to any non-FE metals!

-- Touro Nickel permit. AVB still confident HG Nickel exists here and new targets have been identified. Drilling?

-- New projects in Brazil? From the quarterly:

The Company has signed confidentiality agreements with a number of groups looking at potentially joint funding exploration programmes in the Carajas.

And

Negotiations to acquire additional Carajas copper properties are at an advanced stage with details expected to be available in the coming months

The above statement was first made 8 June (almost 4 months).

AVB just keep ticking the boxes for me... At $30mil market cap, with around $3mil cash and up to $40mil (long-term) expected from Vale, the downside seems remarkably small, whilst upside is seriously significant (and short-term). Disc: LT holder.

I think AVB has the potential to double up again before its cooked (without any new discoveries)

STRAT
28-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Im interested Trackers and watching it every day when I can.

Thanks for your thoughts

Looks to me like yesterday saw a lot of traders ( T3 etc ) leaving the building and it held up rather well. Today will be telling I reckon

STRAT
28-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Depth looks considerably thinner today Trackers

trackers
28-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Hmm, yes... Doesn't bother me if it treads water for a while, so long as it doesn't completely sink! An announcement before the end of the week would be ideal

trackers
29-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Just like the postman...

AVB's up 10% on Vale giving advance payment in goodwill for their pending drilling.. They've also supplied AVB with a drilling plan, so they're definitely not mucking around.

If thats not good enough, in bold at the bottom announcement in relation to Rio Verde copper... "The results for the pending drill holes assays are expected soon, with abundant copper mineralization having been already logged for many of these holes. The Company is anticipating to be able to report further results in the coming weeks."

trackers
29-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Looks like I'm the only one here enjoying the party... AVB's just smashed through 8c, up 15.7% and plenty more news to come...

Xerof
29-09-2010, 04:54 PM
No, I'm on for the ride as well Trackers - you put up the most salient piece of info from todays statement, and no elaboration required, except with regard to the Options exercise price

1.5 cents, not 2 cents

STRAT
29-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Im still here too

Its all a bit unbelieveable now. I paid a cent for these options.

A little gamble has become a third of my portfolio

soulman
29-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Im still here too

Its all a bit unbelieveable now. I paid a cent for these options.

A little gamble has become a third of my portfolio

I check my past transaction and saw that I paid 1.1 for AVBOB in late AUG and sold for 1.1 in late AUG. How has impatienist cost one so much cash. And to think I lost brokerage on that deal.

STRAT
29-09-2010, 06:01 PM
I check my past transaction and saw that I paid 1.1 for AVBOB in late AUG and sold for 1.1 in late AUG. How has impatienist cost one so much cash. And to think I lost brokerage on that deal.
I know how that feels Soulman. Ive been there. More than once.

BOW somewhere below 30c. Possibly below 20c for example. In any case Im not looking the exact price up to remind myself.

soulman
29-09-2010, 06:13 PM
I know how that feels Soulman. Ive been there. More than once.

BOW somewhere below 30c. Possibly below 20c for example. In any case Im not looking the exact price up to remind myself.

True that STRAT, but this one is instant and less than a month. I did get the kicks with the heads but sold out too quick. Anyway, just made $850 on AVBOB in 2 hours. Some consolation prize. Just missed out on the heads today at 8 cents. Trackers bold letter post above says it all about the fast and furious action in AVB today. Also, traders are excited with the IR deal with Vale and future drilling in that region.

STRAT
29-09-2010, 06:22 PM
True that STRAT, but this one is instant and less than a month. I did get the kicks with the heads but sold out too quick. Anyway, just made $850 on AVBOB in 2 hours. Some consolation prize. Just missed out on the heads today at 8 cents. Trackers bold letter post above says it all about the fast and furious action in AVB today. Also, traders are excited with the IR deal with Vale and future drilling in that region.I think she has over cooked herself today. Cant see this value in that announcement. Those pending Copper drill results better deliver eh?.

STRAT
29-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Hey Tackers the heads are one click away from 1/2 cent increments

trackers
29-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Another amazing day in the land of AVB... I gave away my options in the high 6's today as think we're a bit overcooked at these prices, but we will see I guess..

Huang Chung
29-09-2010, 09:21 PM
AVB would now have to be rivalling KAS for the Sharetrader stock of the year.

Well done to those who have gone for the ride.

soulman
29-09-2010, 09:39 PM
AVB would now have to be rivalling KAS for the Sharetrader stock of the year.

Well done to those who have gone for the ride.

Pretty close HC. The thing about AVB and KAS was that they had a cap raising at 2.5 and 3 cents respectively in the last 18 months. KAS at 3 cents was the juiciest of all and to think there were 20 mil shares shortfall for that entitlement issue.

trackers
29-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi HC, cheers for that - Looks like you've done alright yourself lately... Now to find the next big fish huh?

steve fleming
29-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Another amazing day in the land of AVB... I gave away my options in the high 6's today as think we're a bit overcooked at these prices, but we will see I guess..

Let go quite a few of mine today as well Trackers.

Now, what to do with the proceeds?!?!

Lego_Man
29-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Let go quite a few of mine today as well Trackers.

Now, what to do with the proceeds?!?!

Well first you need to update your sig!

steve fleming
29-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Well first you need to update your sig!

Ah yes, good spotting. Done!

COLIN
29-09-2010, 11:56 PM
So, Steve, what's the next one? We're depending on you!

steve fleming
29-09-2010, 11:59 PM
So, Steve, what's the next one? We're depending on you!

Haha...I have had four 10-baggers in 12 years of investing....so, based on those averages, the next one is 3 years away, sorry!

STRAT
30-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Hey Tackers the heads are one click away from 1/2 cent incrementsWOW. We are there Trackers.

for a minute anyways :p

STRAT
01-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Phaedrus.

Just trying to read the candles on this one in terms of the action over the last few days to a week.

My assessment is

Market is undecided based on yesterday and today though leaning towards a reversal. A close below 8.5c today would signal a possible reversal at which point I would be looking for support around 6.9c

How am I doin?

Phaedrus
01-10-2010, 05:26 PM
When stocks are bolting like this, rational analysis (both technical and fundamental) tends to get swept aside in the excitement. So, you don't want to make too much of any single candle. Nevertheless, yesterday's candle does denote some indecision, in spite of it continuing the uptrend (higher high and higher low). Also, don't forget that today is Friday and a significant number of those who made big gains during the week will not want to wear the risk of carrying AVB over the weekend. It would not be surprising therefore if we saw a bit of selling pressure toward the end of the day.

STRAT
01-10-2010, 05:53 PM
When stocks are bolting like this, rational analysis (both technical and fundamental) tends to get swept aside in the excitement. So, you don't want to make too much of any single candle. Nevertheless, yesterday's candle does denote some indecision, in spite of it continuing the uptrend (higher high and higher low). Also, don't forget that today is Friday and a significant number of those who made big gains during the week will not want to wear the risk of carrying AVB over the weekend. It would not be surprising therefore if we saw a bit of selling pressure toward the end of the day.Thanks Phaedrus.

At this point it looks like rational analysis may be swept aside this arvo too :D

STRAT
01-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Phaedrus, I seem to remember you once saying that you do a bit of fast turn over work in the US markets.

Would I be right in assuming in circumstances such as this one, one would be charting the Intraday and candle charts could/would be made in less than 1 day increments?

Phaedrus
01-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Sure, I might be looking at 15 minute candles, for example. Just so long as you don't think I am day-trading over there - I tried very hard for a couple of years to make a go of that, but I was never able to make money consistently so I eventually gave it up and moved to swing trading.

STRAT
01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Sure, I might be looking at 15 minute candles, for example. Just so long as you don't think I am day-trading over there - I tried very hard for a couple of years to make a go of that, but I was never able to make money consistently so I eventually gave it up and moved to swing trading.Thanks again.
Watching this one over the last week has made it extremely obvious to me that I am ill equipped to call the play on this one both in terms of my resources and skills. Ive never seen anything like it before.

trackers
01-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks again.
Watching this one over the last week has made it extremely obvious to me that I am ill equipped to call the play on this one both in terms of my resources and skills. Ive never seen anything like it before.

Same. Simply unbelievable week... I've learnt a lot, and realised I still have a hell of a lot more to learn

STRAT
04-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Anyone still on this?

Hi Steve, MC is 66m now and AVB anothe 26m less conversion money.

Bet even you didnt expect this

Xerof
04-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Yep, and I have to keep away from the screens......running profits is the hardest discipline......

STRAT
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Yep, and I have to keep away from the screens......running profits is the hardest discipline......Hi Xerof
Sure is. Almost pulled the plug on Friday before the arvo rally.:scared:

Ive Duct Taped my fingers into my palms today :p

upside_umop
04-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Incredible. I looked at this a couple of days before the big rise, but I can admit I wasn't tempted to pull the buy trigger as I didn't know enough about copper valuation in general. Just an incredible rise though...

Nice work guys. It's what dreams are made of....perhaps another possy1 in the making? Strat?

STRAT
04-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Ooooomop.

Whats Possy1????

trackers
04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi Ooooomop.

Possy1????

ST member, made about a mil from 1k from CDU?

STRAT
04-10-2010, 01:24 PM
ST member, made about a mil from 1k from CDU?WOW. Now that would be life changing

Not sure how though ( unless trading in and out )

With an 18 year low for CDU around 10c and an 18 year High around $10 on one day only.

upside_umop
04-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi Ooooomop.

Whats Possy1????

Happy reading strat. (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?3748-AUM-Australian-Mining-one-to-watch) One of the best stories I've read on ST...$200 into --> ??

What's better (or worse, as he might expect it from the sharemarket from then on!) is he introduced his son to it too. Bought $100 worth of options at 1 cent turning it into tens of thousands of dollars!

soulman
04-10-2010, 02:33 PM
When stocks are bolting like this, rational analysis (both technical and fundamental) tends to get swept aside in the excitement. So, you don't want to make too much of any single candle. Nevertheless, yesterday's candle does denote some indecision, in spite of it continuing the uptrend (higher high and higher low). Also, don't forget that today is Friday and a significant number of those who made big gains during the week will not want to wear the risk of carrying AVB over the weekend. It would not be surprising therefore if we saw a bit of selling pressure toward the end of the day.

Looks like our guru got this one wrong. The only sensible play anyone can have on AVB is to fall into induced coma on Mon 20th Sept and just woke up from it today. Then again, tomorrow would be mid 20's.

STRAT, now there is a 3 cents difference between the head and the oppies. Trader's gone banana.

STRAT
04-10-2010, 02:38 PM
STRAT, now there is a 3 cents difference between the head and the oppies. Trader's gone banana.Hi Soulman.
Just insurance against volatility I reckon. They will catch up eventually as the craziness subsides.

Which Guru got it wrong?

upside_umop
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi Soulman.
Just insurance against volatility I reckon. They will catch up eventually as the craziness subsides.

Which Guru got it wrong?

Usually volatility should add more value to the options. The reason (for the discount) is usually potential dilution - look at NTU. So the question is, do you foresee a capital raising between now and expiry of the options?

COLIN
04-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Congratulations to all the new millionaires on this one. Must admit I was just too scared to mount the rocket.

The widening gap between the heads and the options would seem to signal an imminent pullback, methinks. But then, I would have said much the same thing on Friday.

trackers
04-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Usually volatility should add more value to the options. The reason is usually potential dilution - look at NTU. So the question is, do you foresee a capital raising between now and expiry of the options?

Yes, probably... Though if the imbalance continues for too long oppies will start converting and that would add ~30mil to the kitty!! :D

Wonder if the company can pull a rabbit out of the hat and deserve its 100mil+ valuation.

We already know that increased reserves on the back of better than expected drilling are coming... Plus a rocketing copper price... But I still don't think thats enough.

Maybe they'll fast track some drills at Touro / Serra Verde?

STRAT
04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
The widening gap between the heads and the options would seem to signal an imminent pullback, methinks. But then, I would have said much the same thing on Friday.I think thats how the punters are seeing it Colin. Weve all been expecting it to come back to earth for a week.

Millionaires? lol

Not me mate

trackers
04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Trading Halt!!!!

STRAT
04-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes, probably... Though if the imbalance continues for too long oppies will start converting and that would add ~30mil to the kitty!! :D

Wonder if the company can pull a rabbit out of the hat and deserve its 100mil+ valuation.

We already know that increased reserves on the back of better than expected drilling are coming... Plus a rocketing copper price... But I still don't think thats enough.

Maybe they'll fast track some drills at Touro / Serra Verde?Hi Trackers
I was expecting a P&D a week ago

Surely one can/would assume at this point that someone knows something we dont????

trackers
04-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Congratulations to all the new millionaires on this one. Must admit I was just too scared to mount the rocket.

The widening gap between the heads and the options would seem to signal an imminent pullback, methinks. But then, I would have said much the same thing on Friday.

Colin,

I thought the same thing last week and unfortunately sold into it. Its happened another couple of times since also. So far, the imbalance has sorted itself out each time but its taken a while. The heads are correctly driving the options, but at a lag.

I think the difference is there's accumulation happening in the heads, but trading happening in the oppies.

trackers
04-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Speeding ticket... as you were :)

geezy
04-10-2010, 03:01 PM
wheres this baby gonna go to? seems like i have missed out on this one! is it too late?

soulman
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Just a response to ASX speeding ticket. Trading back on. Touching this stock today would be like playing russian roulette. I reckon worst than any casino game.

There is only one guru in Phaedrus.

STRAT, you still in this with your 1 cents options. A 13.5 bagger at the minute.

STRAT
04-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Colin,

I think the difference is there's accumulation happening in the heads, but trading happening in the oppies.If one was accumulating, surely buying the options would be the way to go?

STRAT
04-10-2010, 03:36 PM
There is only one guru in Phaedrus.

STRAT, you still in this with your 1 cents options. A 13.5 bagger at the minute.Yup :D .Havent traded any other than letting 1/2 go at 3.6. Doh!!!

Dont remember Phaedrus making an error. You may have to point that out Soulman

trackers
04-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Hmm, might have to look in the filing cabinet when I get home, 99% sure I'll have an options conversion form in there lol..

If it shoots up a couple more cents I'll be more than happy to sit on a nice wee free carried position

STRAT
04-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Hmm, might have to look in the filing cabinet when I get home, 99% sure I'll have an options conversion form in there lol..

If it shoots up a couple more cents I'll be more than happy to sit on a nice wee free carried position4c behind now :confused:

steve fleming
04-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Anyone still on this?

Hi Steve, MC is 66m now and AVB anothe 26m less conversion money.

Bet even you didnt expect this

Hi Strat,

I was pretty confident it was going to be a multi-bagger, but this is just complete craziness!!

Just absolute irrational madness.

Had let go half of my holding at various prices over the last week or so, then sold another quarter of my original holding this morning.....so have a quarter left that I'll hold and see how much longer this craziness continues.

Seriously, this is mad.

STRAT
04-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi Strat,

Seriously, this is mad.Sure is but common sense would have had me all out last week.

You might need another section in your signature now :D

Whats your take on the lag with the options?

steve fleming
04-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Sure is but common sense would have had me all out last week.

You might need another section in your signature now :D

Whats your take on the lag with the options?

I think it is just purely supply and demand.

There were 100's of milions of options basically given away "free" as part of the cap raisings.

People are more likely to want to get rid of (sell) something they paid nothing for - hence excess supply of AVBOB.

That would maybe have explained the initial lag - but it does seem pretty strange that the gap just keeps on getting wider and wider....

STRAT
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I think it is just purely supply and demand.

There were 100's of milions of options basically given away "free" as part of the cap raisings.

People are more likely to want to get rid of (sell) something they paid nothing for - hence excess supply of AVBOB.

That would maybe have explained the initial lag - but it does seem pretty strange that the gap just keeps on getting wider and wider....Hi Steve.
That makes sense I guess. I was wondering about a possible takeover attempt. Certainly seems to have gone well and truely beyond a pump n dump and way beyond a sensible re-rating

jdg
05-10-2010, 09:38 AM
i've been quietly offloading too, between 7c and 19c. i started by selling the shares i bought at the last cap raising and have flicked on about 1/4 of my original holding since then. i've banked well more than double my investment in this one and still have a swag of heads (and the options from the raising) if the dream continues. i'm a bit worried that of the 100s of millions of shares traded, nobody has taken more than a 5% stake.
but either way it has been a tremendous ride.

-j

STRAT
07-10-2010, 11:24 AM
What a ride eh?
Sold a chunk after much nashing of teeth pondering on Tuesday morning and will let the rest ride to the next announcement.

Depth has thinned out today after 2 down days.

Took a look at HC this morning. Theyre talkin justification for the SP and talkin each other into holding tight with millions of thumbs up for 1 line cheezy metaphors so Im guessing we have seen our top for a while. The big question is of course how low can it go.

Who knows might go off again.

trackers
07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
What a ride eh?
Sold a chunk after much nashing of teeth pondering on Tuesday morning and will let the rest ride to the next announcement.

Depth has thinned out today after 2 down days.

Took a look at HC this morning. Theyre talkin justification for the SP and talkin each other into holding tight with millions of thumbs up for 1 line cheezy metaphors so Im guessing we have seen our top for a while. The big question is of course how low can it go.

Who knows might go off again.

Yeah its getting a bit desperate over there... for better or worse I'm holding a small parcel onto the next announcement purely on risk/reward factor, it'll probably take a hit short term but thats all good.

STRAT
07-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi Trackers.
After watching the action over the last week I am keen to find out whether the astounding volume was all trader noise or if in fact someone has taken a serious stake in the company.

Anyone know what the time limit for disclosing a substantial holding?

jdg
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Strat, I had an idea it was three days, but i'm not 100% certain of that.
i unloaded a further 1/3rd of my remaining stock yesterday, and like others on here, i'm holding the remainder until this one plays out. just looking at the response to the speeding ticket, i suspect the remaining assays will come up trumps, but i'm in a postion now to be pretty relaxed which ever way it goes. i've locked in some tremendous profits and still have a few bucks in the gamble. it's not often an AVB comes along...but i'm now looking for the next one.

-j

STRAT
07-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks J. I thought it was longer

I have a third left and am seriously considering converting them if the lag on the options doesnt correct

Jess9
08-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Have had same in past. I'd suggest sell any heads to convert in stages. Always the price fall back as conversion date, often to / near the option price. Oppies are very risky for specs which bounce around, one day worth heaps the next nothing. Just a few thoughts. And you know to watch the chart and confirm if unsure with Mr P. Glad you can make some good money on this one STRAT. Good pick and entry...next is exit point/plan??

STRAT
08-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi Jess. Dont see them as risky with an ex date in 2012. Wont convert while price is volitile. too easy to get burned in a sudden retrace while waiting on the paper work to be completed but if Im still in when the price settles I may convert because the dicsount the options are running at ( 2c but it changes ) = 2 bags full on the initial investment.

Jess9
08-10-2010, 12:29 PM
sounds ok, < 1 year and its an issue

STRAT
08-10-2010, 12:39 PM
sounds ok, < 1 year and its an issue30/4/2012 so 19 months

denpal
09-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I suggest people listen to the 2/10 BRR interview, very informative in fact downright exciting as to the opening up of the Carajas area wrt infrastructure and the dishing out of "small" quality prospects by the government (the ones that are beneath the investment size threshhold for the big players like Vale) to proven small cap operators which is why AVB is in such a desperate hurry to prove themselves as miners rather than simply explorers. I intend to buy back in here after an early ride up.

STRAT
10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I suggest people listen to the 2/10 BRR interview, very informative in fact downright exciting as to the opening up of the Carajas area wrt infrastructure and the dishing out of "small" quality prospects by the government (the ones that are beneath the investment size threshhold for the big players like Vale) to proven small cap operators which is why AVB is in such a desperate hurry to prove themselves as miners rather than simply explorers. I intend to buy back in here after an early ride up.Thanks Denpal.
I have already.
For anyone else who is interested you can here it and others on Board Room Radio or the AVB thread on Share Scene

shasta
10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks Denpal.
I have already.
For anyone else who is interested you can here it and others on Board Room Radio or the AVB thread on Share Scene

Rather than going to Sharescene (An Australian equivalent to Sharetrader i guess), here the link to Boardroom Radio, for those who haven't already, bookmark it

http://www.brr.com.au/

STRAT
10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Rather than going to Sharescene (An Australian equivalent to Sharetrader i guess), here the link to Boardroom Radio, for those who haven't already, bookmark it

http://www.brr.com.au/Thanks Shasta

trackers
11-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Trading halt pending Rio Verde drilling results

trackers
11-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I sold out my remaining holdings on Friday (well actually I still have 1 share of AVB accidentally :D ).. I did so because this next announcement could be a ripper and the sp take off again, or success could be priced in and it disappoints and goes the other way.

I'm trying to stay away from situations whereby sp appreciation rely on results of events with uncertain outcomes - Easier said than done....

To coincide with that new approach I'm also focussing on miners with JORC backings, rather than spec oil/gas explorers...

STRAT
11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I sill hold a chunk with fingers crossed. About 1/3 left.

News always leaks in these situations. Almost always.

The retrace has not been great enough to warrant suspicion that the news will be bad I reckon.

Hard call either way. Of course Im hoping mine is the right guess and it is a guess

STRAT
12-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Looks good.
Can anyone with a bit of mining knowledge give an opinion for me please?

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20101012/pdf/31t1v7054cldsx.pdf

trackers
12-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Well, well.. nice one Strat! Crappy exit there by me again....

Results are ok, good to see more HG stuff.. On first glance the drills that could have extended the strike don't look to have delivered?

The bit about being in the final throes of signing up a new copper permit in the next month looks very very interesting

STRAT
12-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Options lagging by 6c this morning:mad ;:. Im converting them.

STRAT
14-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Its been interesting watching the traders milk this for all its worth.

There has been an orderly exit two days in a row. No surprises there.

Couldnt help but notice the way the deck has been stacked each morning pre open to facilitate this but this morning the stack is in reverse. Looks at face value like the exit is about to gain momentum. Im guessing the opposite based on that reversal. Cant wait to see how it plays out.

STRAT
14-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I only noticed today that Directors have dumped again as of yesterday. I suspect this will mean no action for a while and a gradual decline back to sensible prices.

Although the company shows real promise one must wonder a little about their ethics or at least that even they have been surprised by the price action and cant see value there at these levels. Either way its looking like a top is in for a while but its been a hell of a ride.

soulman
14-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Yep, the ride is over. Yet none of you sold the heads for 5.7 like myself. I got some more successful trades in AVB since then but still nothing to the max I would have loved.

Nice ride fellows and a special thanks to SF for getting us into AVB in the first place.

Xerof
14-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Ignoring the pricing scale, and focussing on the cycles, has AVB just experienced Phase1 and is now in phase 2 or have we seen phase 3 and are now in phase 4?

Fair to say the Discovery hole has been clearly determined but they are now about to 'swiss cheese' the target with 10,000m of new drilling so I tend to think we are in Phase 2 awaiting confirmation and the second discovery high before the disinterested phase prior to moving to development/construction

http://www.kitcocasey.com/kkcImages/1113236678-Mining_Share_Price_Cycle.jpg

Thoughts?

STRAT
14-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi Xerof.
Dunno if they fit into that Chart. This is a bit of an unusual case I would have thought.

I expect the SP to ride back to somewhere around fair value of what they have found so far or a bit below that. I have no idea what fair value is. Perhaps Steve can put a number on that. Depending on how long it takes them to come out with good news it may decline further. If they expand the size of the resource another rerating is likely.

My guess is a Director doesnt sell half his shares if he thinks his shares are going to be re rated again any time soon and of all people, he should know.

Ive kept some and have found that easy to justify considering how well its all gone. Less than 1/6 though

soulman
14-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I imagine those that you still hold are more than free carried Strat, so you might as well roll with it. Traders either will get tired with AVB or just taking a breather. My gut tells me the former and back around the early teens is possible in the ST.

Not sure who paid 23.5 for AVB but that's the tough luck in these game. I paid 18 for MSR and 15 for EKM about a year ago and I might squared up with them hopefully soon but the lessons has been learned for me. Chasing stocks is a high risk, high reward game and has to be balanced according.

STRAT
18-10-2010, 03:11 PM
AVB seems to have leveled off today.

STRAT
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
AVB just got interesting again today
trading Halt. Major Capital raising.

Hmmmm

Doesnt look like they will be asking Share Holders to cough up some cash so....

Thought they had a bit of cash. Wonder what they are planning to do with a quote "Substantial Capital raising"

Nickel, Platinum and wages I suppose ( as per quarterly )

jdg
04-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, Strat, never a dull moment here. God knows where this one will end up.
-j

soulman
05-11-2010, 08:56 AM
AVB just got interesting again today
trading Halt. Major Capital raising.

Hmmmm

Doesnt look like they will be asking Share Holders to cough up some cash so....

Thought they had a bit of cash. Wonder what they are planning to do with a quote "Substantial Capital raising"

Nickel, Platinum and wages I suppose ( as per quarterly )

Are you holding the heads now Strat?

An announcement with Vale taking a stake in AVB would set support to AVB, otherwise the cap raising will probably be a big discount to the current price since it's substantial. Could be in the single digit.

Xerof
05-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Its apparently at 10 cents to SI's

STRAT
05-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Its apparently at 10 cents to SI'sThats not bad Xerof. Lets see what they plan to do with the dosh.

Hi Soulman. Still just holding the BOBS

jdg
08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
i think this is terrific. i'm pleased it was "massively" oversubscribed, but more than that,the stock is now more attractive, in my view.

i would be more inclined to buy AVB now that it has the cash to make massive inroads into things. not sure what the sp will do in the short term, but i feel more secure in AVB's future today than i did last thursday. (in saying that i would have liked to see a bit of money put toward mine development).

i've made a tonne of cash out of this one, and there's every chance of making a lot more. 50,000m of drilling. what will we find...?

-j

trackers
08-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi jdg, I agree... This is certainly positive, a large scale drilling programme is what AVB needs to move to the next level.

jdg
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
pleasing to see the market agrees with us, trackers.

Xerof
11-11-2010, 06:14 PM
A nice afternoon rally on reasonable volumes today - news imminent I would dare to suggest.......

STRAT
16-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Looks like the retrace is done with for now. AVB on the rise again

trackers
16-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah its looking good... I was eyeing up the options at 9.5c a couple days ago but couldn't pull the trigger

jdg
17-11-2010, 08:39 AM
how long can this rally last given that there is a very easy short-term profit to be made by those who have just purchased at 10c? as noted, i think the cap raising was very positive for the co, but i'm surprised by this much sp strength in its aftermath.

there's never a dull moment with AVB, it's a great stock to hold.

-j

STRAT
17-11-2010, 04:01 PM
how long can this rally last given that there is a very easy short-term profit to be made by those who have just purchased at 10c? as noted, i think the cap raising was very positive for the co, but i'm surprised by this much sp strength in its aftermath.

there's never a dull moment with AVB, it's a great stock to hold.

-j
On an otherwise poor day AVB is looking fairly strong. I think we will be getting some news soon.

jdg
18-11-2010, 09:22 AM
agreed, Strat, although it dropped 1c in the end, i thought it held up remarkably well too. there is a lot of news on the horizon.

-j

jdg
11-01-2011, 04:27 PM
anybody still in AVB? the thread's gone quiet.

i've still got a few to see where the story ends. the sp stood up very well to the CR and is now moving up quite strongly. plenty of drill cores to come, a few positive results and things may get very interesting indeed. if the first ones aren't much, though, we'll see her drop back pretty quick. it's going to be an interesting hold over coming months.

-j

STRAT
11-01-2011, 04:40 PM

i've still got a few to see where the story ends. the sp stood up very well to the CR and is now moving up quite strongly. plenty of drill cores to come, a few positive results and things may get very interesting indeed. if the first ones aren't much, though, we'll see her drop back pretty quick. it's going to be an interesting hold over coming months.

-jHi J.
I still have some BOBs.
I reckon theres half a chance this one will do ok this year. They have the money and are doing a fair bit of drilling.

jdg
11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
yeah, mate, no doubt.
six months ago i would never have picked the sp would be where it is now, so i'm not going to guess six months from now. but i pretty sure it will be a fun ride.
-j

STRAT
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
yeah, mate, no doubt.
six months ago i would never have picked the sp would be where it is now, so i'm not going to guess six months from now. but i pretty sure it will be a fun ride.
-j
Dont think you will have to wait that long either. The depth has been plumping up over the last week giving a moderate rise.

I think we will see a little action pretty soon.

Ponda
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM

-j

I'm still here. Holding BOB's only. I got back into BOB's after selling out at 13.5 and then buying back in at 13.5 a few weeks later.
I agree that there seems to be accumulation happening here at the moment and, yes, it will be interesting where things are in a few moths time

jdg
12-01-2011, 09:17 PM
good announcement after the bell. a few things to read in to, but none more than this...

"One diamond rig has completed approxmately 250m for 4 holes with high concentrations of copper mineralisations logged in some holes"

we might see a jump into the 20s tomorrow.

-j

steve fleming
25-01-2011, 09:47 PM
X posted from CRJ thread
------------------------------------------
A heads up that the AVB boys and their mates have recently really taken control of CRJ.

AVB management and big backers all heavily supported the obligatory cheap December rights/options entitlement issue. (eg AVB MD Tony Polglasse / AVB Director Matthew Wood / ex AVB Director Tim Flavell/ AVB backer Celtic Capital – Jason Peterson all loaded up)

Not surprisingly, AVB’s broker CPS underwrote the RI.

AVB chairman Matthew Wood is CRJ chairman, ex AVB Director Tim Flavell is also a director of CRJ.

In addition to their Australian assets, CRJ are looking at new acquisitions in Brazil of quality iron ore tenements – thus the AVB connection.

Like AVBOB, CRJ have just issued long-dated 31 Dec 2012 1.5c options CRJO.

Market cap is approx $12m, which includes $3.5m cash.

CRJO look like a bit of a no-brainer to me - just a matter of time!

jdg
14-02-2011, 07:06 PM
i'm still holding a few of these and in my weaker moments i have a look at HC. good god there is some quality ramping going on over there. truly impressive. one really does need a high tolerance for bollocks when logging in to that site.

still, i think there is potential left in AVB.

106A certainly looks the goods. last time they showed us a photo like that it sent the sp on that wonderful september run.

still, there is much more risk with the current market cap. there is anticipation of success. but with 50km of drilling ahead, i think there is a good chance success will come.

-j

Aotea
14-02-2011, 08:37 PM
JDG,
For sure,the HC ramping is stunning- nothing like ST.

I definately thing AVB has big things to come. Am picking 50c by the end of the year...

Xerof
14-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I have so many of those guys on Ignore that it's almost a vacant thread......Flurnt, Chris1983 and toph seem genuine posters.

still holding significant number of free-carried BOB's from 1.5c, and don't trade them at all - very happy to let the drill speak over the next 12 months.

I think it will talk - very loudly

STRAT
13-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Xerof.
Well the drill aint in the ground yet but a hint of it looks like it might be enough for a bit of a jog today.

Xerof
14-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Looks like Tony has gazumped the accumulation theory this morning - those cores look like the spouting downpipes ..........

STRAT
14-04-2011, 12:13 PM
those cores look like the spouting downpipes ..........lol..................................... .......................

evilroyrule
14-04-2011, 12:23 PM
hey xerof, how do i chnage the thingy under my name that says senior member. hardly appropriate in my case. thanks

STRAT
14-04-2011, 12:27 PM
hey xerof, how do i chnage the thingy under my name that says senior member. hardly appropriate in my case. thankssettings top RHC

evilroyrule
14-04-2011, 12:35 PM
ace. 10 characters

TradePa
21-04-2011, 11:38 PM
X posted from CRJ thread
------------------------------------------
A heads up that the AVB boys and their mates have recently really taken control of CRJ.

AVB management and big backers all heavily supported the obligatory cheap December rights/options entitlement issue. (eg AVB MD Tony Polglasse / AVB Director Matthew Wood / ex AVB Director Tim Flavell/ AVB backer Celtic Capital – Jason Peterson all loaded up)

Hi Steve,

Are you still holding this? I'm new to trading and holding some avb shares. I have done my own research on this. Could you please tell about the future of this share? What's the price range you expect in the next 1 or 2 years? Thanks.

Xerof
30-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Decided to buy some AVB heads on Monday (smelt good around 6.9/7.0 cents)

Today has seen high volume and a strong rally to close near days high at 8.7. Drilling results are well overdue and the price action would seem to indicate some positive news might be on the way at last

This thing ran to mid 20's on the last run and should easily do it again on positive results, so not too late to enter the fray

Still holding a bunch of free carried oppies as well, so will blow the dust off them too

DYOR

STRAT
31-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Still holding a bunch of free carried oppies as well, so will blow the dust off them too

DYORHey Xerof.
Me too. They are lagging a bit. Was planning to convert them in any case.

jdg
16-02-2012, 06:11 PM
anybody still in this one? i still hold a few.

the bloody thing dropped on a significantly increased jorc (go figure), but now we have a trading halt for a 'significant transaction'. hmmmmm

we already have more land than we know when to do with, so i hope they aren't purcahasing any more. let's start mining before we start expanding.

so i'm hoping for a conclusion to the Vale deal. if it's that how much of the $40m do we get...? $40m is over half the market cap - if we get anywhere near that the sp is really going to jump. more than just money in the bank, it means we really can start to mine without many problems.

or could it be something else altogether... a joint venture in some of teh tenaments - that would be terrific too.

all speculation for now...that's what these threads are about in many ways...but all will be revealed monday.

good luck to anyone who's holding.

-j

STRAT
16-02-2012, 06:33 PM
anybody still in this one?
-j
Yup.............................

jdg
16-02-2012, 06:55 PM
c'mon strat have a guess and engage in some pure speculation...

-j

Aotea
16-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Vale money...this is pretty exciting. My gold mining business just bought a decent parcel of these recently. They have good grades. Cant wait..announcement may be out at end of trading tomorrow. Anything is possible, but given its a TH I think we are going to get somethiing good here...

Brut
16-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Looking forward to the announcement, this is my largest holding so hoping for some good news!

Good luck all holders!

STRAT
17-02-2012, 08:05 AM
c'mon strat have a guess and engage in some pure speculation...

-jOK. J.

Just remind me. What does this company do?

jdg
17-02-2012, 09:25 AM
OK. J.

Just remind me. What does this company do?

they make novelty toys that fit on the end of pencils. sure, it's a competitive market, but they tend to produce a better quality of toy than most, and rumour has it they're about to secure the licence for Fraggle Rock figurines. sure, many people think Fraggles have had their day. i see it differently and think the franchise is due a comeback. at which point AVB will hold a licence to print money. get on board, strat, get on board.

-j

STRAT
17-02-2012, 10:34 AM
they make novelty toys that fit on the end of pencils. sure, it's a competitive market, but they tend to produce a better quality of toy than most, and rumour has it they're about to secure the licence for Fraggle Rock figurines. sure, many people think Fraggles have had their day. i see it differently and think the franchise is due a comeback. at which point AVB will hold a licence to print money. get on board, strat, get on board.

-jMakes sense to me. I suspect the pending announcement will reveal that in the last drill they broke through into a large Cavern where a community of billions of Fraggles are living and whoes only desire in life is to be sold off as a novelty toy

We're in the money..... We're in the money.......

STRAT
17-02-2012, 03:48 PM
This from a highly respected ( by me anyways ) poster on Hot Copper :D

This story came up on the mergermarket newswire yesterday:

"Avanco may bring on investor to advance copper gold project in Brazil and consolidate shares, source says"

Avanco Resources, an ASX listed copper explorer focused on Brazil, could seek a strategic investor in the next year, said a company source. Bringing on an investor would serve to consolidate its existing shares and to advance its key copper-gold project in Brazil.

West Perth-based Avanco is currently developing its flagship Rio Verde copper project, which comprises seven copper prospects in Brazil. It is also exploring for nickel-platinum group metals in the Carajas Mineral Province in northern Brazil.

While a metal trading company or a financial investor could take interest in the company, strategics such as Vale and Xstrata may also find it attractive for an offtake agreement or a partnership, as they have existing operations in that region, he added. It is also attractive because it has already secured a mining permit that allows it to mine immediately before a more advanced permit is secured, when it could ramp up its production further.
It already has good relationships with local legal advisers, and does not know if it will need financial advisers yet, he said.

It went public in 2007 when it awarded a lot of options that were convertible into shares. These shares are being exercised currently, diluting the total number of shares on issue, he said. The company may consider consolidating the shares by selling a stake to a cornerstone investor in part to prop up its share price, said the source. It has about 813m shares on issue currently.

It upgraded its resource last week, tripling its JORC resource at Rio Verde project to about 17.7m tonnes with a grade of about 1.17% and 0.3 grams per ton of gold for 209,000 tonnes of contained copper and 171,000 ounces of gold. It eventually hopes to produce about 30,000 tonnes of copper a year, he said

It is looking to further expand its current resource by acquiring additional projects that are in advanced stages, said the source. It would seek those projects directly as it has good relationships with the companies in the region, added the source.

Avanco has about AUD 13m in cash, enough to complete a conceptual study by the end of the year, said the source. After that, it hopes to start mining within a year to 18 months, he added. The conceptual study will be followed by a feasibility study and a bankable feasibility study, he added.

Its peers include Canada-based International Nickel Ventures, which is drilling north of Avanco’s projects, said the source, and ASX-listed Troy Resources.
It has worked with Bell Potter for financial advice in the past. Its market cap is about AUD 79m

steve fleming
19-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Thanks for posting that Strat, nice article!!;)

I guess this is what makes investing in these sought of companies so fascinating - there are so many possibilities as to what this trading halt might relate to (takeover, Vale/Xstrata investment, resource/tenement acquisition, the$40m Vale payment, off take agreement)

I am leaning towards an acquisition of some nearby projects to boost AVB's inventory, but the fact that it so closely follows the resource upgrade is a bit suspicious. Anyway not long to wait to find out now - announcement should be first thing Monday.

jdg
20-02-2012, 11:26 AM
so it is an acquisition.

it doubles the jorc resource and is cashless (although $10m on first year of production). it also gives us a heavyweight partner.

i am very happy with that.

let's now see what the market thinks.

-j

STRAT
20-02-2012, 12:00 PM
let's now see what the market thinks.

-jThats quite a stack lookin to get out at 10.5c

STRAT
20-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Thats quite a stack lookin to get out at 10.5cand its gone lol.

jdg
20-02-2012, 03:46 PM
good god, the market really doesn't fancy this stock. mind you, there are a tonne of idiots into it if that other site is anything to go by.

-j

soulman
22-02-2012, 05:43 PM
good god, the market really doesn't fancy this stock. mind you, there are a tonne of idiots into it if that other site is anything to go by.

-j

Looking good today jdg. I am in today at 10.5 this morning after watching the early action.

jdg
23-02-2012, 03:39 PM
nice to have you on board, soulman.
let's hope she treats us well. the ducks appear to lining up, and there's always the possibility of some more big high grade hits to keep the excitement levels high..

-j

steve fleming
21-04-2012, 10:08 AM
A nice post on hotcopper from Poet Plus - seems like the end of an era with the end of the BOBs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vale BOB's

Rest in Peace ....

No more to grace our screens.

Like many here, I remember the time when the 30th April 2012 was so far in the future it seemed like a joke.

BOB's? they would be around forever wouldn't they? Time passes two quickly. I say two because there certainly were two.... AVB and avBOB. Now that wedded bliss is over. And only one is left. AVB.

Unlike most here, some (like TP and the Gang) will not mourn the passing! The blame for low SP was conveniently placed at BOB's feet! "Things will be better when BOB is gone" they said.!!

well... that remains to be seen!

So .. R.I.P. BOB's..... gone but never forgotten!!

Now .. where is that chilled bottle of home brew?.... a toast to BOB

steve fleming
21-04-2012, 11:19 AM
By the way, two very recent broker reports (bell potter & argonaut) both value AVB conservatively at 17c

http://www.avancoresources.com/BrokerAnalystReports.html

STRAT
22-04-2012, 09:14 AM
By the way, two very recent broker reports (bell potter & argonaut) both value AVB conservatively at 17c

http://www.avancoresources.com/BrokerAnalystReports.htmlConverted the last of my BOBs the other week. You still in. Steve?

Bless the BOBs .They and what they were replaced by when I sold em made 2010 my best year ever.
Thanks again for that Steve.

Aotea
22-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I keep picking up small parcels of AVB..they are surely overdue for a re-rate.

steve fleming
23-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Converted the last of my BOBs the other week. You still in. Steve?

Bless the BOBs .They and what they were replaced by when I sold em made 2010 my best year ever.
Thanks again for that Steve.

No probs Strat, pleased to know that you did well out of the BOBs.

I converted my remaining BOBs last week... still really like the AVB story.

Sad to see them no longer on the watchlist/portfolio

STRAT
17-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Someone is breathing life into AVB this morning. If the past is anything to go by we may be in for a bit of news

soulman
16-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Now that we are in the business end of a 0.5 cents increment, the AVB ride is more serious. The upcoming grade announcement could be the catalyst to push AVB into their yearly highs.

SCHUMACHER
12-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Anyone still holding AVB... I just bought in at 7.2c as I'm awaiting funding news for stage 1 which will be next catalyst for shareprice movement - once we have locked down the funding the shareprice will appreciate or move much higher as it signals many things such as commencement of construction of mine site and ordering of equipment ....this will give shareholders minimal if not eliminate any more downside risk.
the question is when will they announce funding as they expect to be commencing constructing a mine site in June if they have any hope of becoming a producer by 1st - 2nd quarter calendar 2014
Any thoughts ?

Aotea
13-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Seriously due for a re-rate..I can't believe they are sub 12c. Plenty going on in the background but as announcements are sporadic, the sp just continues to slip. An absolute bargin at this price.

Anyone still holding AVB... I just bought in at 7.2c as I'm awaiting funding news for stage 1 which will be next catalyst for shareprice movement - once we have locked down the funding the shareprice will appreciate or move much higher as it signals many things such as commencement of construction of mine site and ordering of equipment ....this will give shareholders minimal if not eliminate any more downside risk.
the question is when will they announce funding as they expect to be commencing constructing a mine site in June if they have any hope of becoming a producer by 1st - 2nd quarter calendar 2014
Any thoughts ?

STRAT
15-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Any thoughts ?Schumacher,
Been a while. Good to see you back.

I still hold these. Dont keep too close an eye on them and cant coment on the timing but they have done a good job selling themselves in the past. Im confident they will do it again.

slimwin
10-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Trading hold since last Friday pending funding news. I guess there's a few blue faces holding their breath for this announcement.

Aotea
10-09-2014, 03:30 PM
not much action on the AVB forum for a while...have been a long term holder and quietly added to my holdings. this one is about to pop with the issue of the mining permit. great resource and numerous conversations with third parties to buy in. The MP issue should be the catalyst for those JV discussions to commit. Have these guys for the stock comp, and hopefully they rocket.

Am very hopeful, one of my largest holdings.

Xerof
10-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Aotea, yes, been very quiet. I too have been (seriously) accumulating for almost a year now, having originally bought in at 1.5 cents, and this IS my largest holding by a long way.

The conversations you mention are long over, with three major shareholders having emerged to support AVB with ~12% each. Glencore (via Xstrata originally), Blackrock and Appian

Full mining license was gazetted last evening, JORC for stage 1 mine will be released within days, bank funding is triggered by FML and JORC, and they expect to have the stage 1 mine built and going into production early next year - I am happy for it to take a bit longer. Stage 2 is immensely larger, and will dovetail into cash-flow from stage 1 during 2015/16. Further exploration will also commence immediately for a stage 3 deposit.

This company has great territory (Carajas in Brazil), fantastic management, excellent supporting major shareholders, and has secured full funding despite this being the worst possible environment for junior explorers.

There will be plenty of news flow over the next 6 to 9 months to retain investor interest as AVB transitions to producer (as the juniors unfortunately suffer badly from investor impatience)

Should get to $1 within 5 years IMO

I expect it to come out of TH tomorrow morning, and expect it to gap on opening.

Aotea
10-09-2014, 05:20 PM
For sure Xerof, this wont stay in TH for the duration. Very conservative position of 1$ within 5 years. I'd guess half that. My original position was 17c and that was a fair while ago, have averaged down to a little over 8c. very exciting times ahead..cheers and good luck