PDA

View Full Version : NZDX thread??

Xerof
13-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Is there any demand or interest in having a separate top level thread for debt securities/hybrids traded on the NZDX?

In my view there are some pretty interestingly priced debt securities out there which deserve discussion and attention. Liquidity is dreadful and maybe some publicity might generate more activity

If there is, Vince could you oblige?

thanks

Disc: not a broker, nor do I work for NZX

Steve
17-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I have a passing interest in fixed interest securities, NZDX or not...

:)

Lizard
18-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Great idea! I find debt securities far harder to research than equities because of the huge variety of terms and conditions behind them. Have been caught out in many ways and, frankly, the returns generally don't seem worth the effort/risk.

While debt securities are pretty easy to buy on the primary market, they often turn out to be a much better investment when bought on the secondary market at below par. Plenty out there at the moment to choose from, but hard to know which ones.

Vince
18-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Is there any demand or interest in having a separate top level thread for debt securities/hybrids traded on the NZDX?

In my view there are some pretty interestingly priced debt securities out there which deserve discussion and attention. Liquidity is dreadful and maybe some publicity might generate more activity

If there is, Vince could you oblige?

thanks

Disc: not a broker, nor do I work for NZX
Just tell me what you want, how you want it worded, and where you want it stuck, - and I'll sort it.
Vince

Xerof
18-10-2009, 03:05 PM
How about titled "Fixed Interest" plonked under Sharetrader > Markets

We can then put individual sub-threads under that

Cheers Vince

Alan3285
19-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi,

I am keen on this too - despite having been a 'lurker' up to now.

Name doesn't really matter, but if we want to discuss securities listed on the NZDX then why not call it 'NZDX'?

Or perhaps you are envisaging that it would cover unlisted investments including fixed interest term deposits (for example)?

Either way - please do create the forum!

Alan.

Vince
20-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Ok NZDX Forum is up there now as requested... Knock yourselves out!
Vince

Alan3285
20-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Ok NZDX Forum is up there now as requested... Knock yourselves out!
Vince

Thanks Vince - Much appreciated.

Hopefully it will get a lot of use!

Alan.