PDA

View Full Version : SYFT on the Unlisted

Aotea
14-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi All,
Anyone following SYFT on the Unlisted exchange?

Am interested to hear any views or thoughts on them. I hear big things in the future are to come, including a takeover negotiations...anyone else know much?

minimoke
14-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Technology is great - but a huge disappointment they haven't converted to sales. They have missed a huge opportunity (IMO) of sniffer technology at airports sniffing out al quadea bombs and gangland drugs. Not sure if they are going to be on Unlisted for much longer - they were looking at pulling out as cash was a major problem. Not sure if they have resolved the dispute with previous CEO who reckons he is owed potloads from cash he stumped up with.

Aotea
14-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Technology is great - but a huge disappointment they haven't converted to sales. They have missed a huge opportunity (IMO) of sniffer technology at airports sniffing out al quadea bombs and gangland drugs. Not sure if they are going to be on Unlisted for much longer - they were looking at pulling out as cash was a major problem. Not sure if they have resolved the dispute with previous CEO who reckons he is owed potloads from cash he stumped up with.

Hi Minimoke..cheers.
Thats about what Ive heard too..have heard they intend on listing on the NZX in the future though. A buy-out could also be forthcoming, but that was speculation from a large shareholder, so dont attribute it as fact, purely third party talk.

bermuda
14-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi Minimoke..cheers.
Thats about what Ive heard too..have heard they intend on listing on the NZX in the future though. A buy-out could also be forthcoming, but that was speculation from a large shareholder, so dont attribute it as fact, purely third party talk.

My sincere advice is sell out and put your money into Australian CSG. ( Coal Seam Gas ). A huge growth industry.

The Arrow ( AOE ) Annual Report is a good start.

I have followed this Syft technology and it suffers through lack of sales and shareholder dilution ( cap raising ).

minimoke
14-10-2009, 05:29 PM
have heard they intend on listing on the NZX in the future though.
Too much imbiding in top shelf liquer talking there! More realistic ramping is "we're staying on Unlisted"

COLIN
14-10-2009, 08:52 PM
SAM (Salvus Asset Management) has some commentary in their Annual Report (page 8). Final sentence concludes ".........a convincing strategy still needs to be in place to shore up investor confidence".

bambi
23-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Good technology, lots of potential areas that they could sell into. Some of these areas are quite hard to break into eg medical testing, oil detection, border security. All these require long delays before getting approved and customers begin buying. Up until earlier this year they weren't very sales focused (not sure if this has changed) so had a good product but they were trying to get it into too many markets and not doing well anywhere.

If they can get the marketing and sales right then there is potential for great profits. If they can't then it will go under. The technology is all there it's purely a marketing and sales problem. If they don't improve this then I wouldn't put my money in.

Also it seems they are very short of cash. They are going to need to raise more soon or maybe they already are. Sales will take a while to build up too so they will need a decent amount of cash until then.

Good technology, hope they can pull it off and get sales because NZ needs more technology companies.

Anna Naum
03-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Result out. Looks horrible and looking to hide by not trading shares via public system.

http://www.unlisted.co.nz/uPublic/docs/syft/Syft_2010_Interim_Report.pdf

percy
03-12-2009, 08:48 AM
no surprizes there!!!!
how they expect to world wide market fom christchurch beats me,
they need people on the ground in a great many countries.
i think they need to look at what mooring systems did with cavotec.
this gave mooring product excellent representation world wide.

Anna Naum
11-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Interesting to see that Directors think the shares are only worth 0.88c, that is less than 1c a share.

Stumpynuts
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
First thought that popped in my mind when trying to decipher the acronym 'SYFT'

Shut Your F*&^ing Trap

LOL

Anna Naum
12-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Interesting to see that Directors think the shares are only worth 0.88c, that is less than 1c a share.

http://www.unlisted.co.nz/uPublic/unlisted.mt_announcement.showannouncement?p_announ cement_id=1653

percy
12-12-2009, 08:52 PM
no surprises there.0.88
i would have thought for a devil of a company they would have gone for 0.666.
possibly they will next issue.

do you think ruth richardson ,with her obv and other poor showing would make your tainted director tread.is she on synlait board?
bruce irving will have to watch himself.poor show with pgc.
he was also a director at the time christchurch city holdings disgacefully got rid of brent layton as chairman of lyttleton port co.

percy
12-12-2009, 09:24 PM
ch ch holdings then appointed barney sundstrum chairman.we well remember barney's record of under achievement with waitaki nz ref meat co. mair and co.,ernest adams.i note since leaving lyttelton port he contnued his dreadful record with pfg property finance group.

bermuda
12-12-2009, 11:25 PM
no surprises there.0.88
i would have thought for a devil of a company they would have gone for 0.666.
possibly they will next issue.

do you think ruth richardson ,with her obv and other poor showing would make your tainted director tread.is she on synlait board?
bruce irving will have to watch himself.poor show with pgc.
he was also a director at the time christchurch city holdings disgacefully got rid of brent layton as chairman of lyttleton port co.

Percy,
That Ruth Richardson sure has a lot to answer for. I will leave it at that.

SPARKY
14-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Andrew Barkley is taking an interest in this I believe, If so look out for sales, this man can sell fridges to eskimos.

Anna Naum
14-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Andrew Barkley is taking an interest in this I believe, If so look out for sales, this man can sell fridges to eskimos.

Pity they are not in the fridge business

Nevl
14-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Have always had a soft spot for SYFT and again its just one of those NZ companies that seemed to have great technology and not a clue about how to sell it or what it could be used for. SYFT for me was better in a medical field where lots of diseases can be detected early by this type of analysis. They concentrated on the explosive search but never raised enough money to demonstrate that their system was the best out there. No doubt the technology will be purchased and make someone else a fortune.

Anna Naum
19-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Company has pulled the SGM that was to be held on the 22nd. No reason given.

http://www.unlisted.co.nz/uPublic/docs/syft/Syft_Letter_to_shareholders_181209.pdf

percy
19-12-2009, 07:26 AM
anna
chalkie's article in the independent may be the reason.

Aotea
19-12-2009, 10:02 AM
anna

Hi Percy,
Can you direct me to that article, I cant seem to find it.
cheers

Anna Naum
19-12-2009, 10:28 AM
anna

If no link then can you give a brief overview please, thanks

percy
19-12-2009, 12:19 PM
quotes.
the attempt by the directers of syft to raise money by offering super-cheap shares doesn,t seem to benefit ordinary shareholders.investors should tell them where to put their propsal.
it would appear as if shareholders are facing massive dilution but are not offered the chance of participating at 0.88 cents,unless they are classified as habitual investors.this is the opposite of last year,when small shareholders bore the brunt of the capital raising and habituals and institutions took nothing because the price was too high.
he is citicul of the director.s being issued cheap shares when it was their poor decisions that lead to the last short fall in raising funds.
he points out that other director,s in unlisted companies have gone without or accepted small pay.he notes craig boyce at connexionz only gets paid $15,000 while cnx turnover is higher than syft.

percy
19-12-2009, 12:44 PM
anna,
i am rather new to computers and sharetrader.1 finger typing.
the article is as you would expect from possily nz best anylis.
should you not be able to get hold of the article let me know and i will post it to you.i will then give you my email address,and you would then need to give me your postal address.
the main thing is the article stopped ruth in her tracks and her and her board are under watch to start to put the company and shareholders first.

bermuda
19-12-2009, 09:36 PM
anna,
i am rather new to computers and sharetrader.1 finger typing.
the article is as you would expect from possily nz best anylis.
should you not be able to get hold of the article let me know and i will post it to you.i will then give you my email address,and you would then need to give me your postal address.
the main thing is the article stopped ruth in her tracks and her and her board are under watch to start to put the company and shareholders first.

Struth Ruth has got caught in the headlights. Love to see the article. Please PM it to me . Thanks.

percy
19-12-2009, 10:24 PM
bermuda.
i think the whole complete independant has a lot in it.
i can leave it at the lone star on monday for you.
i trust you can do a better job posting on this thread than i can do.
i twill have you bermuda name on it..
i live in cobham street spreydon so not far to drop off.

mccollr
22-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Christchurch-based gas analysis equipment maker Syft Technologies says demand for its high-tech instruments is starting to outstrip production capacity as the firm's recovery from bankruptcy in 2012 gathers pace.
Listed on the ShareMart platform and trading most recently at 4.5c a share, Syft directors gained approval at a heavily attended annual meeting for a plan to institute a minimum holding of 40,000 shares, followed by a plan to consolidate the current issued shares on a 20-to-1 ratio, with plans to upgrade the listing, probably to the Unlisted platform.
Chief executive Doug Hastie said that, at this stage, the company was funding growth from working capital and did not have immediate plans to raise additional funds after reporting a second consecutive year of profitability in the year to March 31, at $1.36 million, up from $476,000 the previous year.
Revenue for the year came in at $6.0 million, compared to $3.2 million the previous year.
Established in 2002, Syft initially pursued a medical testing technology that would replace blood and other invasive testing techniques with analysis of human breath but failed to develop a commercial product.
After 2012, it changed tack to concentrate on a wide variety of potential gas-testing uses, starting with testing the atmosphere in shipping containers and moving into testing for trace elements industries as diverse as industrial "clean rooms" used for high precision manufacturing, internal and external air quality including chimney stack emissions analysis, and processes to eradicate the "new car smell," which Mr Hastie said was a fast-growing segment in the Asian market.
"Westerners like the new car smell but Asian consumers find it offensive," he said.
The company has found a fast-growing customer in Korean electronics manufacturer Samsung for its instruments, which cost $US250,000 apiece, and is making inroads with a range of major car manufacturing brands, including Ford, Jaguar, and GM.
Food and pharmaceutical manufacturers are also showing interest, especially since Syft added a negative ions component to its instruments, widening the range of elements they can test for.
The Syft instruments differentiate from competitors by their ability to deliver instant results. Mr Hastie said the firm's focus is as much on improving its sales and marketing performance as improving the technology.
The company had hired 20 new staff in the last year, was planning "considerably more" hires than that this year and had committed to opening a sales office in Germany to pursue opportunities in Europe.

kiwidollabill
22-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Theyve done pretty good to reign in costs on this puppy, expenses are almost a third of what they were in 2010

whatsup
20-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Small article intodays Herald, any S Hers out there that can update, is there any life here?

percy
20-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Small article intodays Herald, any S Hers out there that can update, is there any life here?

Syft Technologies is again trading on www.unlisted.co.nz
Their latest annual report is there.
64,554,002 shares on issue giving a market cap of $93,603,303 at $1.45
eps 0.021
PE 68.7
Revenue of $6,011,000
Profit before tax.$1,362,000
Negative operating cash flow.
Talking the talk,but an awful lot of walking the walk needed.
The Chairman is Ruth Richardson,who remains on my never ever list.

Harvey Specter
20-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Powerhouse Ventures just sold out there 1.5% stake for about $1m which was below market value but given how illiquid it is, wasn't a bad effort.

Most will see not have PowerHouse Ventures on the register as a good thing.

Theres an article on NBR: https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/powerhouse-ventures-sells-out-syft-b-203167

mccollr
21-05-2017, 05:54 AM
This is an old article. https://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/chanui-tea-guy-attempting-turnaround-29m-tech-basket-case-updates-sales-and-seeks-3m
I believe he is doing a great job and has finally got the company on the right track.