PDA

View Full Version : NZX Diploma

4be
02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi there,

Great site people lots of useful info on here, I signed up a few months ago but this is my first post:)

I am looking at the NZX Diploma papers to get a better understanding of the finanical markets etc. I have been interested in stocks for awhile now and hold a few shares in different companies (inherited) and have now realised this is something I want to pursue. I only work part-time and don't study anything else so have plenty of time for this.

Has anyone here done any of the papers or herd if they are any good? Its recommend by NZX so i'd assume they are.

Thanks

4be

Steve
02-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I did 5 of 6 some years ago out of interest.

However, I went overseas and never got around to doing #6 within the 5 year timeframe, thus my Diploma will never be officially completed.

They were run by the Securities Institute of Australia when I had my crack at it. IMO, a couple of the papers covered some of what I had done at uni so I didn't take away as much as I thought I would, but the analysis papers were worthwhile.

:)

4be
03-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I did 5 of 6 some years ago out of interest.

However, I went overseas and never got around to doing #6 within the 5 year timeframe, thus my Diploma will never be officially completed.

They were run by the Securities Institute of Australia when I had my crack at it. IMO, a couple of the papers covered some of what I had done at uni so I didn't take away as much as I thought I would, but the analysis papers were worthwhile.

:)

thanks your reply