PDA

View Full Version : Marmota Energy - MEU

Huang Chung
15-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Marmota Energy is a junior explored based in, and focused on mineral exploration in South Australia (particularly uranium). Market cap at the current price of 14c is around $17m, with around half of that accounted for in cash. Currently doing a capital raising at 14c which may or may not get taken up based on the low share price. Comes from the Beach/Ramelius/Monax stable, and has various JVs in place with Monax in particular.

I've taken a small stake as a punt on a couple of their projects that look interesting.

1. Melton (right to earn 50%). MEU have tenements along strike north and south of Rex Minerals Hillside copper project. Melton is Rex has run from being a penny stock to around $2 based on their copper results at Hillside. Targets are currently being generated for drilling next February.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01010738

2. Mulyungarie/Junction Dam (right to earn 51%). Greenfield uranium find with similarities to the nearby Honeymoon Well operation. Still early days, but some encouraging interecepts. More drilling results due soon.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01009660

MD Dom Calandro and board member Dr Neville Alley look particularly well equipped to bring a high level of technical know how and local knowledge to the company.

Mr Dom Calandro, Managing Director, has 13 years experience in the management, processing, and provision of geophysical data and information with a strong record of seamless project outcome delivery. He has significant geoscience expertise, with experience advising mineral explorers on appropriate geophysical methods and tools to use in exploration for a variety of commodities. He has most recently held the position of Chief Mineral Geophysicist for the South Australian Government where he was responsible for the design and management of a variety of large-scale government geophysical acquisition programs, which were successfully completed as part of the SAEI and TEISA initiatives. As Manager of the geoscience data and information systems for the South Australian Government he contributed to the reduction of exploration risk for mineral explorers in the State. Dom was also the manager of the highly successful PACE initiative, which featured a collaborative drilling program, large-scale geophysical acquisition projects and innovative data management and delivery improvement programs.

Dr Neville F Alley, Executive Director, is an internationally known earth science researcher and has wide experience in geological mapping and research in Australia and overseas. He formulated the recent research effort to unravel palaeochannel systems in southern Australia. In 2004 he was awarded the Verco Medal for his contribution and leadership in the earth sciences and the Public Service Medal (PSM) in 2005 for outstanding contribution to geology and the minerals industry. He has extensive experience at senior levels in Government in Canada and as Director, Minerals, MESA and PIRSA, has a high level understanding of Government policy, regulation and legislation. He was a Member of the Resources Taskforce and made a significant contribution in setting the SA Government's strategies for reinvigorating the minerals industry and led the development of Government initiatives such as TEISA and PACE. Neville has worked closely with Aboriginal people and the community in developing a higher profile for the resources industry. He is a Director of Monax Mining Limited, Beach Petroleum Limited, InterMet Resources Limited and a Visiting Research Fellow, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, The University of Adelaide.

Without a resource of any kind, this stock is just a punt on some exploration success. Still, its cheap enough, so plenty of upside is possible should they get lucky.

yogi-in-oz
15-11-2009, 09:02 PM
:)

Hi HC,

MEU ..... figure December 2009/January 2010 will see some downside,
as several negative time cycles come into play, but 01-05022010 may
bring some upside, as a significant and positive cycle slides into position ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

Huang Chung
15-11-2009, 10:13 PM

Hi HC,

MEU ..... figure December 2009/January 2010 will see some downside,
as several negative time cycles come into play, but 01-05022010 may
bring some upside, as a significant and positive cycle slides into position ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

Thanks Yogi......I think.

A bit of trivia.....'Marmota Monax' is the scientific name for the groundhog, and features in the logos of both companies. Good to see someone's got a sense of humor.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog

drillfix
15-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Huang,

Dont worry about Yogi (paul) mate, as he is always astro with many stocks and keeping up his quota so he can smooth out the averages on his Astro EMA's or something along those lines :eek: :p :D :rolleyes:

Change from Astro to TA,

MACD, Stochastics, Moving Average with a double hammer the past two trading days is looking good for Technically a potential another leg up.

Other than that, dont know much about this stock except:

Issuer Name Marmota Energy Limited
Industry Group Energy - 1010 Shares on Issue 84,644,009
Price (previous close in cents) 13.5 Market Cap ($) 11,426,941

Not holding but may buy a few for a short term punt.

Cheers for now mate~!

soulman
04-10-2012, 09:59 PM
This stock has more action in the 2 weeks than Rihanna. I have taken a small gamble today.

shasta
08-10-2012, 11:10 PM
This stock has more action in the 2 weeks than Rihanna. I have taken a small gamble today.

I see that action was due to the West Melton ann close by to the 50/50 Melton JV project with MOX.

Given all MOX has going on, i see they sold some 3m odd shares in MEU (still holding 32m+ shares, > 20% stake).

Soulman, you still holding? Melton has never really impressed me, & MEU's uranium interests to start with, cooled my interest.

soulman
09-10-2012, 02:02 AM
I see that action was due to the West Melton ann close by to the 50/50 Melton JV project with MOX.

Given all MOX has going on, i see they sold some 3m odd shares in MEU (still holding 32m+ shares, > 20% stake).

Soulman, you still holding? Melton has never really impressed me, & MEU's uranium interests to start with, cooled my interest.

Still got them Shasta. Just bought last week at 9.5 cents so down quite a few. But I only bought a small amount. Seems traders don't know what to do with them and MOX.

JBmurc
18-07-2020, 11:39 PM
HOLDING 900,000 and hoping to buy more ...MEU has potential to have a DEG like run muti bags IMHO

just recently raised $6.5mill through placement on the 15th JULY ---- Mktcap-- 49mill

Key Points
• Marmota raises $6.5 million through placement of shares at 5.3c per
share to institutional and sophisticated investors
• Includes 1 attaching option for every 2 ordinary shares subscribed for,
exercisable at 10 cents with a 2 year expiry
Marmota is pleased to announce that it has received firm commitments to raise
$6.5 million (before costs) through an equity placement (“Placement”) to
sophisticated and professional investors.
Proceeds of the Placement will be used to accelerate development of the Company’s
Aurora Tank gold discovery, and a potential acquisition of neighbouring tenements.
Proceeds will also be applied to exploration, working capital and to costs of the offer.
There was strong demand for Placement Shares, with the book significantly
oversubscribed within hours of opening on Friday morning, and closed early.

Marmota Chairman, Dr Colin Rose, said:
“ Marmota is delighted with the interest shown in the Company by investors.
I am also very pleased to report that yesterday, our team departed
Adelaide for Aurora Tank, that the new semi-permanent camp is today on
its way to Aurora Tank via road train, along with cranes out of Port Augusta,
and support crew from Coober Pedy. We hope to have the new camp
installed by the weekend, with drilling to immediately follow.
Marmota has recently received outstanding high-grade gold intersections
at Aurora Tank. We now have ahead of us our largest and potentially most
interesting and exciting drill program to date. We are lucky to have a
superb team of geologists successfully advancing that discovery.
Our financial position is now the strongest that I can ever recall it being,
and we look forward to expediting our operational pathway for the
benefit of our shareholders.

Drew95
22-07-2020, 11:44 AM
Temporary (?) weakness down to 5.2c means I am buying in....

Drew95
22-07-2020, 11:48 AM
Is this promising stuff or just hype?

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200722/pdf/44kqs863szdmvh.pdf

Mostly gobbledy goop to me. I have a watching holding but am thinking of increasing my stake on the basis of this and a POG which creeps higher in a straight line day by day.

JBmurc
22-07-2020, 11:12 PM
Is this promising stuff or just hype?

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200722/pdf/44kqs863szdmvh.pdf

Mostly gobbledy goop to me. I have a watching holding but am thinking of increasing my stake on the basis of this and a POG which creeps higher in a straight line day by day.

Yes CNB - MEU holding truckloads purchased another 300k MEU yesterday ....sent email to Dr Colin rose (Major Holder with wife like 15%+ and Chairman of MEU) asking around recent 30mill+ selling pressure since recent 6.8c high closed today 4.9c ... BUY n HOLD will be rewarded in short amount of time

whatsup
27-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Back in again initial buying Oct 2012 and again 2016, hopefully this goldie comes through with the goods, very exciting programme just underway at shallow depth, initial results could be known inside 14 days , fingers crossed ( again ! ) >

Creasy (Nova ) is a major investor and he is no mug .

whatsup
04-11-2020, 02:51 PM
New results out today some @ 70g/t from 64 mts.

JBmurc
04-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Yes Great Ann

Very surprised to see S/H's(traders ?) dump shares later in the day to keep the SP below 5c ---VWAP 5.5c ...I'm not selling one share sub 10c ..

The picture just continues to improve ...I like many just wish MEU mgmt. would in-gauge 2nd gear on the exploration front (they have got the cash) lets uncover the host mineralised lodes just how big is this High grade Gold system they have Discovered ??

But it seem MEU mgmt want to play the safer route and focus on getting a solid indicated JORC resource to lead towards a heap leach operations to then fund further exploration..

You do get a feel the MEU team what to play their cards close to their chest on this project ..

------------

--the NW flank was known to extend about 95m to the northeast a year ago, the current drilling program has extended the NW flank to about three times that distance with most northern hole returning a high-grade gold hit of 4m at 9.2g/t.
This remains open, meaning that there is still scope for further extensions with more drilling>>>>

https://unauthorised investment adv...70g-t-gold-hit-highlights-open-pit-potential/

whatsup
02-02-2021, 03:16 PM
T H at the present, is this rub hands time ( at last ? ) .

Paddie
02-02-2021, 04:57 PM
whatsup,

Hopefully it is, the 1m split assay results have been a long time coming. Fingers crossed for a great result.

Paddie
04-02-2021, 11:30 AM
Nice announcement.

"Marmota’s highest ever gold intersection
The new detailed 1m results has yielded Marmota’s best ever 1m intersection of 165 g/t gold, at
66m downhole1
[ Hole 20ATRC324 ].
To ensure that the outstanding assay of 165g/t gold is not the result of a ‘nugget effect’,
Marmota collected 5 separate spearings of the drilling sample bag2 and then assayed each spear
sample separately by fire assay. Fire assays of the 5 separate spearings returned grades of
223 g/t, 154 g/t, 119 g/t, 121 g/t and 212 g/t respectively, yielding an average of 165 g/t gold.
Notably, every one of the 5 spearings returned grades over 100 g/t gold, and two of the five
spears yielded assays over 200 g/t gold."

Paddie
04-02-2021, 12:45 PM
Things are progressing well.

"I am delighted that this program has produced our new highest ever 1m intersection, at an outstanding 165 g/t … rocketing past all our previous best top intercepts of 120 g/t, 105 g/t and 93 g/t. This is particularly pleasing given that this result was obtained in a predominantly extensional program, testing out new ground along the NW flank. The latter continues to expand, and is now 3 times the size it was some 15 months ago "... perhaps even more exciting is that the NW flank remains open, both to the North (the last hole drilled yielded 30g/t over 1m), and to the west and at depth (with reconnaissance hole RC303 returning our first high-grades at depth, namely 36 g/t at 120m downhole"

JBmurc
04-02-2021, 01:52 PM
And the straight away sold back down as we have seen many times before ... we need JORC Resources as doesn’t matter how great are drills are the market needs some asset base to value with grades etc I do believe it’s coming this year and will be buying many more shares as longer term MEU will be producing Gold a low AISC = fat profit margins and what do we have at depth ???? Another challenger

Paddie
04-02-2021, 02:31 PM
And the straight away sold back down as we have seen many times before ... we need JORC Resources as doesn’t matter how great are drills are the market needs some asset base to value with grades etc I do believe it’s coming this year and will be buying many more shares as longer term MEU will be producing Gold a low AISC = fat profit margins and what do we have at depth ???? Another challenger

I couldn't agree more about getting a JORC. Let's hope that Dr Rose sees it as a priority as well.

JBmurc
09-02-2021, 06:38 PM
I couldn't agree more about getting a JORC. Let's hope that Dr Rose sees it as a priority as well.

I'm sure he will ....can't believe the weakness in the sector while GOLD is catching a BID up $30oz USD today

Paddie
22-04-2022, 12:28 PM
MEU in a trading halt relating "to a major discovery of rare earth elements"

Paddie
22-04-2022, 12:49 PM
MEU in a trading halt relating "to a major discovery of rare earth elements"

I have misread this announcement wrong "the announcement relates to a major discovery of rare earth elements immediately along and adjacent to the boundary of Marmota tenements in the Gawler Craton" How odd, are they referring to the PTR REE find? Rather an unusual request for a TH.

whatsup
26-04-2022, 11:24 AM
T H today with exciting rare earth discovery ann.

nztx
27-04-2022, 08:40 PM
I have misread this announcement wrong "the announcement relates to a major discovery of rare earth elements immediately along and adjacent to the boundary of Marmota tenements in the Gawler Craton" How odd, are they referring to the PTR REE find? Rather an unusual request for a TH.

Actuallly reading into things - weren't they found by another explorer on the tenement boundary
& looked like they went across into MEU's ? - hence MEU scurrying around for some fast drilling & another
closer look by MEU ? ;)

The roses might have been thrown over the fence to the good Doctor :)

It will probably only take another 12 or 18 months (MEU Time) for confirmation of what landed
if past history is any indication .. but then MEU holders are mostly a fairly patient bunch :)

JBmurc
27-04-2022, 09:27 PM
Actuallly reading into things - weren't they found by another explorer on the tenement boundary
& looked like they went across into MEU's ? - hence MEU scurrying around for some fast drilling & another
closer look by MEU ? ;)

The roses might have been thrown over the fence to the good Doctor :)

It will probably only take another 12 or 18 months (MEU Time) for confirmation of what landed
if past history is any indication .. but then MEU holders are mostly a fairly patient bunch :)

Yeah MEU Mgmt are in zero hurray .. I will make contact wit Mr Rose before buying back in ... MEU have had great resource rich prime land permits for many years but what seems to take months for peers takes years for MEU... very frustrating company ...hits record high 100g/t Gold hits in muti drills in project then project goes on the back burners takes an age to get drill rigs on site again and results etc

Paddie
29-04-2022, 10:57 AM
Yeah MEU Mgmt are in zero hurray .. I will make contact wit Mr Rose before buying back in ... MEU have had great resource rich prime land permits for many years but what seems to take months for peers takes years for MEU... very frustrating company ...hits record high 100g/t Gold hits in muti drills in project then project goes on the back burners takes an age to get drill rigs on site again and results etc

By the time that MEU get the necessary approvals, mobilise a team to site, drill it, then get the results back we will be talking the New Year. Little wonder our share price doesn't reflect the assets that we have.

JBmurc
29-04-2022, 11:12 AM
By the time that MEU get the necessary approvals, mobilise a team to site, drill it, then get the results back we will be talking the New Year. Little wonder our share price doesn't reflect the assets that we have.

Knowing the MEU team make that MAR23

Paddie
29-04-2022, 07:03 PM
I would suggest that there are PTR shareholders taking a position in MEU and helping drive the share price up. I am in the green for the first time in around 18 months, happy with that.

Paddie
23-05-2022, 04:31 PM
Marmota touched 8c today, up from a low of 4.9c in the last week. Surely it is the REE find by PTFR that is driving this? I am not complaining, happy to see it finally move upwards.

JBmurc
23-05-2022, 09:09 PM
Marmota touched 8c today, up from a low of 4.9c in the last week. Surely it is the REE find by PTFR that is driving this? I am not complaining, happy to see it finally move upwards.

Yeah someone is driving it ... will be interested to see some real results and updates on operation from MEU mgmt I as a Holder last year was waiting on ...like JORC Gold resource statement ... does look like PTR rare earths has been the fuel to spark the SP of late ...Gold -U308 doing well last 24hrs

nztx
23-05-2022, 09:56 PM

dont know about that - hate to say it, but MEU has a habit of little lifts before going walkabout to lower levels :)

JBmurc
23-05-2022, 10:09 PM
dont know about that - hate to say it, but MEU has a habit of little lifts before going walkabout to lower levels :)

I came close to Buying back in around 5c ...but yes held before for many months and the SP would go nowhere ... spoke with Dr Rose MD ...he was real nice guy but seems in no hurry to speed up operations like what was promoted years ago ...aka Heap leach production plan ... JORC Gold resources .. further drilling of very high grade AT discovery ... now we have the whole rare earth tilt .. I wonder if MEU is setting up for another Cap raise with the plan to explore for REE ... going from history results will come some time during 2023 ... I hope I'm wrong and Dr Rose ..pulls finger and we see some real movement in operations