PDA

View Full Version : BFE-Black Fire Minerals-New Lithium Play

Huang Chung
16-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Black Fire Minerals announced last week that they had acquired a 100% interest in the Karibib Lithium Project in Namibia (one of the safer African countries, more noted for its uranium potential). Lithium has been mined here on and off for decades, but it was fairly small scale. The project has never been subject to any modern exploration. An agressive exploration and drilling program is planned.

Share price has been steadily rising since the announcement. I got in today at 17c, when I should have acted last Friday when I could have got them for a few cents less. Such is life.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BFE&E=ASX&N=468852

They also may earn a majority interest in the Mystique Gold Project, which is part of the Tropicana Belt in WA (and hosting the 5moz Tropicana Gold Project). This in itself is quite an interesting prospect.

http://www.blackfireminerals.com.au/IRM/content/ourbusiness_mystiquegold.html

Only 100m shares on issue, along with 30m oppies exercisable at 20c.

Company website link attached below.

http://www.blackfireminerals.com.au/

drillfix
17-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi Huang,

Mate, this stock has nearly doubled in a just over a week.

Yet the Ann re- Namibian Lithium only came out 4 days ago.

Inside story perhaps? Who knows. Although the story looks good all the same.

Huang Chung
17-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi Huang,

Mate, this stock has nearly doubled in a just over a week.

Yet the Ann re- Namibian Lithium only came out 4 days ago.

Inside story perhaps? Who knows. Although the story looks good all the same.

IF I'd sold at today's high of 20c, I would have made just shy of 20% in 24 hours. Didn't sell, and the share price finished at just 17.5c after the market fell in the afternoon.

But unless you're buying for the lithium hype, this stock will really be about finding a decent lithium resource on the Karibib tenements. The lithium is there, no doubt about it, it's just a question of whether there's enough of an economically viable resource that will make the share price fly.

Here's hoping :rolleyes:.

shasta
17-11-2009, 08:58 PM
IF I'd sold at today's high of 20c, I would have made just shy of 20% in 24 hours. Didn't sell, and the share price finished at just 17.5c after the market fell in the afternoon.

But unless you're buying for the lithium hype, this stock will really be about finding a decent lithium resource on the Karibib tenements. The lithium is there, no doubt about it, it's just a question of whether there's enough of an economically viable resource that will make the share price fly.

Here's hoping :rolleyes:.

Another company with lithium on the horizon (from my watchlist) is RDR.

Worth reading there recent presentation, they have a few projects too ;)

Huang Chung
17-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Another company with lithium on the horizon (from my watchlist) is RDR.

Worth reading there recent presentation, they have a few projects too ;)

Shas, RDR has a far more mature project (with a market cap to match).

shasta
17-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Shas, RDR has a far more mature project (with a market cap to match).

No worries, there aren't too many lithium companies around, & i like to compare grades etc ;)

Huang Chung
17-11-2009, 10:04 PM
You know far more about Lithium than me Shas. Historic head grades from mining were apparently between 1.7%, and 3.75% LiO2. As I understand it, these grades aren't too bad.

Important to note that this is hard rock lithium, not the brine lakes more common in Sth America.

Huang Chung
18-11-2009, 08:54 PM
The heat is coming out of BFE unfortunately.......

Huang Chung
21-11-2009, 08:02 PM
http://crazyjimsmith.blogspot.com/

"At the beginning of this year I posted a blog about the emerging trend of electric motor vehicles, their use of lithium batteries, and the emerging technological advances of faster charging times of those batteries, making the possibility of mass produced electric powered vhicles a reality! In that particular blog I mention one particular lithium explorer called Galaxy Resources (GXY) .
Since then the share price for Galaxy Resources has risen five fold and those who took the chance and vested their money here would be sitting very pretty!

I expect the share price for Galaxy Resources and a number of other lithium explorers to continue higher but my preference is to jump onto stocks at a very early stage, and most of the big gains have already occured for Galaxy Resources.

So it was with great interest to me when Black Fire Energy (BFE) announced on Thursday that they had secured a lithium project called the Karibib Pegmatite Lithium Project in Namibia.

As you can see from the above chart, the intial reaction was strong but the share price collpased soon afterward with nervous traders taking quick profits.

Thanks to a fellow forum member, we were alerted of a turn around on Friday and the share price recovered most of the previous days fall to close at 16.5c.

The risks are very high here, but the project looks like it has serious potential and we should see strong gains being made here. For the longer term Black Fire Energy offers a multi bagger potential for those willing to take the risk and jump on early!"

tricha
22-11-2009, 10:31 PM
You are on the right track Huang, lithium, but which company, ADY had a gem and blew it, :confused::confused::confused:
The Outlook for Lithium Production

Lithium Battery Market To Hit $15 Billion in 2010

By Ian Cooper
Tuesday, November 17th, 2009

Editor's Note: Rare Earth Metals (REEs) are nothing short of crucial to the way we live. In fact without them, some of our most important modern technologies could never exist: rechargeable batteries, electric motors, photo optics, and solar cells, just to name a few.

They are so pivotal to modern circuitry that industry insiders came up with a nickname for REEs: 'technology metals.' And on January 1st, Denmark will relinquish its sovereign hold over Greenland's mineral rights, making Greenland's $273 billion rare earth resources private property. To learn about the single company in control of all of it, read the following new report. (http://www.angelnexus.com/o/web/17735)
———
The lithium buying mania has only just begun, as investors and governments scramble for a way to cash in. . .
That's because even they know that lithium could soon replace billions of barrels of oil — or trillions of dollars in black gold revenue.
They also know that demand is expected to continue rising, as the lithium boom takes its cue from the demand for it in the electric car market. . .
We're not talking "flash in the pan" here.
We're talking about exposure to a lithium battery market that's expected to hit $15 billion by 2010. . . and quite possibly $30 billion within a few short years.
Why would you pass this up?
Already, some of the world's biggest players are wasting no time claiming their stake, including Warren Buffett, who recently stunned the market when he announced a $250 million investment in a Chinese electric car company — even though he knows nothing about electric cars.
Even China, Korea, Japan and the U.S. are pouring millions into lithium projects.
I could continue listing examples, but I think you get the point.
How can you not jump on this profit opportunity?

Advertisement

An Urgent National Priority
GE, Google, IBM, and Cisco have quietly invested $3 billion in a new technology that Energy Secretary Steven Chu has called an "urgent national priority."
It's all part of the emerging $2 trillion smart grid market.
And claiming your share has never been easier. Click here (http://www.angelnexus.com/ta/?loc=web&adid=366) to learn about my three best smart grid plays.

The Boom is Just Getting Underway
There's simply not enough of the element to go around.
And demand is only going to get stronger with limited supply, as lithium batteries are on the cutting edge of powering the coming hybrid and electric car revolution.
Starting in 2010:

Mercedes will launch its hybrid sedan in early 2010.
Tesla Motors already delivered its Roadster.
Nissan will produce 150,000 electric cars.
Ford has plans to manufacture an electric Focus by 2011.
And General Motors is betting on the success the Chevy Volt, in 2010.
And, according to Brian Hicks, if you're skeptical or concerned that fuel efficiency alone is not enough to entice Americans to buy electric cars, consider the Silicon Valley company Tesla Motors. While their roadster is the first production automobile to use lithium-ion battery cells and travel more than 200 miles per charge, it is also capable of going from 0-60mph in less than four seconds.
Not only will the Roadster leave most sports cars in the dust; the car recently set a distance record in April 2009 when it completed the 241-mile Rallye Monte Carlo d'Energies Alternatives with 36 miles left on the charge.
At just over $100,000, the Roadster is probably too pricey for the average consumer. . . but Tesla has taken more than 1,000 reservations for the car and expects to begin production of an all-electric and more affordable sedan starting in late 2011.
But just remember, the Tesla — as well as every other electric car — needs lithium. And demand for lithium is skyrocketing. . . and will continue to skyrocket.
With limited supply and all this demand, what happens to the price?
It'll easily take off.
And as more than four million electric cars could be sold in coming years, there's not nearly enough supply. And it's not nearly enough to meet these projections:

Deutsche Bank sees 70 new electric car models by 2011, for example;
We're talking big numbers — and a big demand that may not be met quickly. But it's great news for any company involved in finding lithium.
Here are some of the companies that should benefit. . .http://images.angelpub.com/2009/35/2808/lithium-chart-wd-826.png
There's always Western Lithium, which our own Brian Hicks recommends. It's well-funded and debt-free, with $7.3 million cash on the books. They recently completed a $5.5 million private placement in May of this year and have a market cap of 70 million.
And sure, the stock is up a lot this past year. . . but we believe the lithium bull market (one that could mirror the uranium-style bull market), is just getting started.
While there are many more "must own" lithium stocks to pick up today — featured in the latest Pure Asset Trader (http://www.angelnexus.com/o/web/17630) special report — there's another element "flying under the radar" that'll change our lives forever. . .

Advertisement

Triple-Digit Gains in Less than 2 Months

Ever since taking advantage of our latest oil report, readers have banked gains of 130% in under six weeks. That was just one of several winning Bakken picks. And the best part? They're not even close to closing the books on this play.
Don't miss out on our next round of profits. Click here (http://www.angelnexus.com/ta/?loc=web&adid=436) to learn more.

Vanadium Leading the Charge
Sitting between titanium and chromium on the periodic table lies a little-known element that could make investors a small fortune — just as lithium could do.
You may have never heard of it, but it's all around you. It strengthens steel in offices and tools. . . and could soon play a big role in electrifying cars.
Future growth for this element already looks very strong in the steel industry. In addition to the trillions in global stimulus spending, CIBC World Markets estimates that global infrastructure spending will hit $35 trillion over the next 20 years. These projects will focus on rail, highways, bridges, and airports. . . and all will require vanadium.
But growth in energy storage will be a big boon, too. Subaru recently revealed its G4E car, powered by a high-capacity vanadium-lithium battery. That battery alone will be capable of storing two or three times more energy than standard batteries.
We're talking wild, explosive growth in a sector that just starting to take off.
How can you pass this up?
Stay Ahead of the Curve,
Ian L. Cooper
Wealth Daily (http://www.wealthdaily.com/)

Huang Chung
22-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Very little information around on previous lithium mining at Karibib.

He's a bit of info on the Rubikon mine (which is part of the land package BFE acquired), and some interesting pics....

http://giantcrystals.strahlen.org/africa/rubicon.htm

I would gather from the article that mining ceased as a result of hard rock lithium being uncompetitive against the brine ponds of South America. Sounds like some of these long forgotten mines are being rediscovered as a result of the ever increasing demand for lithium.

drillfix
23-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Very little information around on previous lithium mining at Karibib.

Hi HC, looks like this BFE run has eased off and is falling like a rock.

I know you hold this stock, but whats your thoughts/targets over the mid term on this one?

Huang Chung
23-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi HC, looks like this BFE run has eased off and is falling like a rock.

I know you hold this stock, but whats your thoughts/targets over the mid term on this one?

Drilly, have you got your chart upside down or something?

BFE seems to be travelling just fine. I don't have any targets, because there is not enough info available to make an assessment. But, if they get some decent metres of 3%+ lithium, I think you'll see BFE rerated considerably.

Disc: No longer holding, but picked it in the Sharetrader ASX Comp.

percy
23-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I have been looking to buy,have been waiting for drilling results before deciding but the share price has been trending upwards. The dilling results are due.

drillfix
28-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I have been looking to buy,have been waiting for drilling results before deciding but the share price has been trending upwards. The dilling results are due.

Results out now Percy,

Whats your thoughts on the results there HC, Im no Lith expert, anybody care to share thoughts?

percy
28-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Results out now Percy,

Whats your thoughts on the results there HC, Im no Lith expert, anybody care to share thoughts?

I should wait for HC's expert advice,however I was hoping they would be better than expected.This is not the case,so will let others enjoy the pleasures of owning this company.Going by the SP drop it looks as though the market was expecting better.

Aotea
28-04-2010, 02:09 PM
down 25% today, and to think I was about to buy in today!
I have to say to describe the distribution of LiO as sporadic concerns me enough to keep well away.
As for the Ta, Cs, Au etc...they dont provide enough leverage to get my money...

Anyone have any sage advice on other Li plays....?

drillfix
28-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Aotea, this is total spec crap, and yet another YT Hotcopper Ramp stock, IMO.

But to answer your question, I think if you want a quality Lith player, you gotta pay for one, simple as that.

I could be wrong though, BFE may have something worthwhile, and to be honest, I dont know too much about the co, except that the market doesn't like what it see's ATM.

Huang Chung
28-04-2010, 06:39 PM
HC's expert (sic) advice, Percy......move on to another stock.

Disappointing drilling results and certainly no sign of that 3%+ Lithium I was looking for.

shasta
28-04-2010, 06:42 PM
down 25% today, and to think I was about to buy in today!
I have to say to describe the distribution of LiO as sporadic concerns me enough to keep well away.
As for the Ta, Cs, Au etc...they dont provide enough leverage to get my money...

Dont forget GMM from the thread you started a while back

percy
28-04-2010, 07:19 PM
HC's expert (sic) advice, Percy......move on to another stock.

Disappointing drilling results and certainly no sign of that 3%+ Lithium I was looking for.

Thanks HC, I was waiting for the drilling results before buying.What did surprise me was the SP moving up so much,from I think 13c to at one stage 22c.I kept thinking I should have brought the people in THE KNOW are.I held back thinking if the drill results were that good most times the SP does come back a bit before heading north again.So was best to wait.

drillfix
29-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Percy, did BFE not state in another Ann or quarterly something about there is another zone they are targeting as well, perhaps this could be just to weed out holders?

Personally, I dont think so, yet in these markets you never do know at times.

shasta
17-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Results out now Percy,

BFE now languishing at 10c has made the Shasta "Low EV list"

Market Cap @ $0.10 = ~$11m

Less: Cash @ 31/12 = $3.7m

Listed Investment: = $1.9m (7.25m shares in ASX:PDI @ $0.26)

Leaves an EV of $5.4m for projects covering Lithium, Tantalum, Gold, Tungsten & Copper + a small stake in an oil exploration permit!

Very much an early stage explorer, although the new Tungsten/Copper project (BFE hasn't taken up the option yet) will have an agressive exploration program to get a JORC resource once finalised