PDA

View Full Version : PLV - PLUTON RESOURCES - Iron Ore

drillfix
25-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi folks,

Now, I know ST has many Oiler and CSG followers, but for those whom have ever thought about diversification into IO then I urge to you take a look at this stock now.

Anybody following this unique Iron Ore stock which now has 100% stake interest in their Irvine Island Project which many know is an Island next door to Cockatoo Island (Portman Iron Ore) which is also next to Koolan Island (Mount Gibson).

Many of you here most likely know Tony Schoer aka "Showman" on this forum and on HC whom is CEO and Director of Pluton so I guess no introduction there.

(ps: Tony if you happen to read this please come and post here as we welcome you as always)
(ps: The company need to update the website as it still shows plv only 50% of Irvine, doh~!)

For those whom are interesed, just released today is a broker report which also makes good reading:

http://www.plutonresources.com/wp-content/uploads/091125_PLV-Nov-24-2009.pdf

PLV have just done a placement at 40c which also will scaled back due to it understandably well over subscribed.

Make no mistakes, there is much to be done and there is a long way to go but rather than go on about its sp previously, I will say that curretnly I believe the current sp is quite cheap.

So then folks, what ya think, anyone care to share thoughts on the Iron Ore sector or PLV?

dis: I hold and will continue to hold for long term gains.

drillfix
26-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Doesn't anybody around here think or look at diversity?

I mean, today the stock rose up between 8 - 10% and nobody even bats an eyeball, Sheezes~! :rolleyes:

If the stock was Oil or CSG then folks would be quacking all day about it.

Guess you can drag a horse to water but you cant make the horse punt on a stock, or even think about about punting it, but when you cant even get the horse to listen about a punt with potential great returns then whats the world coming too? Too many Golden Coal Seam Oil Horses, IMO..LOL

Ahh well, guess I will keep this thread going for my own reference. ;)

But dont say I didn't try to tell ya bunch of Horses :p

STRAT
26-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi Drillfix,
Couldnt find showman in the member list :confused:

gazprom1
26-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Drillfix,

I have had a quick look and PLV seems an interesting story - appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I must say, I love my oil and gas (CSG included) and they have treated me well historically. I also look at CFE and it is a good story albeit with its own issues (directors interests, backroom deals, investment co, discount to assets, etc) as it is well diversified both from an asset perspective and from a geographical one.

Good luck and I will continue to monitor.

Gazprom

shasta
26-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Drillfix,
Couldnt find showman in the member list :confused:

Try Tony S

shasta
26-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi folks,

Now, I know ST has many Oiler and CSG followers, but for those whom have ever thought about diversification into IO then I urge to you take a look at this stock now.

Anybody following this unique Iron Ore stock which now has 100% stake interest in their Irvine Island Project which many know is an Island next door to Cockatoo Island (Portman Iron Ore) which is also next to Koolan Island (Mount Gibson).

Many of you here most likely know Tony Schoer aka "Showman" on this forum and on HC whom is CEO and Director of Pluton so I guess no introduction there.

(ps: Tony if you happen to read this please come and post here as we welcome you as always)
(ps: The company need to update the website as it still shows plv only 50% of Irvine, doh~!)

For those whom are interesed, just released today is a broker report which also makes good reading:

http://www.plutonresources.com/wp-content/uploads/091125_PLV-Nov-24-2009.pdf

PLV have just done a placement at 40c which also will scaled back due to it understandably well over subscribed.

Make no mistakes, there is much to be done and there is a long way to go but rather than go on about its sp previously, I will say that curretnly I believe the current sp is quite cheap.

So then folks, what ya think, anyone care to share thoughts on the Iron Ore sector or PLV?

dis: I hold and will continue to hold for long term gains.

Have looked at PLV before Drilly.

But for me GIR has so much more to like, cashed up, drilling hard out & the market is only just waking up to it's value.

I also like the looks of AQA

STRAT
26-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Try Tony SThanks Shasta. Now I remember the chap yall are talking about

drillfix
26-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Drillfix,

I have had a quick look and PLV seems an interesting story - appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I must say, I love my oil and gas (CSG included) and they have treated me well historically. I also look at CFE and it is a good story albeit with its own issues (directors interests, backroom deals, investment co, discount to assets, etc) as it is well diversified both from an asset perspective and from a geographical one.

Good luck and I will continue to monitor.

Gazprom

No worries Gazprom, just glad you have your eyes open as there are plenty of things to like about Pluton.

I am not a Fundamental expert on the stock, but I sure do like it and the fact the CEO will eventually come and post Right here in the this thread eventually is also a BIG WELCOME BACK (you hear that Tony?:p).

And for those with their TA and Charts, it looks like the next resistance for PLV will be targeting 60c, so for those not inclined, there is a short term gift. For those inclined, there is a long term present. ;)

ps: amend should the stock break past above 52-53c to target 60c short term

Have looked at PLV before Drilly.
But for me GIR has so much more to like, cashed up, drilling hard out & the market is only just waking up to it's value.

I also like the looks of AQA

They also look good Shasta, and as I pointed out to someone previously, the AQA chart looks fantastic, were have I been these past months Shasta? (dont answer that:D).

Back to the point, its just good for Diversity and the more funds, the more diverse.

Thanks Shasta. Now I remember the chap yall are talking about

Sorry Strat, TonyS here is Showman on HC, I thought his nick here also was showan but thanks to Shasta, he is good at clearing things up ;)

drillfix
28-11-2009, 02:18 AM
For a while there, like many stocks, PLV too a bit of a whoopin along with a kick in the groin.

Good bounce back though at end of day.

I guess that the thing about making calls on stocks. One day you say something, next day, the market climate is totally different and your call is null and void until further notice.

If Dubai is up the cr@p with some of its finance, banking, etc etc, It makes me wonder what country, or WHO will be next to clean out the cobwebs from their cupboards.

Im hearing lots of cheques from the spp are now making their ways back to the spp people and folks getting them now.

Guess we will have another week or so of spp selling before this one moves up but with hopefully some pending news on drilling it should be no too far away.

Also just read, TonyS will be appearing on SKY News on the finance channel on November 30th 2009. (monday?) So those with cable or satellite keep your eyes and ears open on that one K ;)

drillfix
30-11-2009, 04:05 AM
GazProm, Shasta, STRAT,

Once again lads, Pluton (Tony) on Sky Business at 6.45am on Monday 30th Nov.

Goes for about 6 minutes and also replayed a couple of times thoughout the day.

Not sure if this is a Cable TV only session, but as I dont have cable so I cant comment on what exactly will be said however once would only presume it would be about the completion of the spp, Irvine Island becoming 100% PLV and news of what drilling is starting and potential timetables etc etc.

gazprom1
30-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Drillfix,

Put my toe in the water on friday and bought a few. Still probably prefer CFE because of its diversification.

Not sure about the overall heath of the market at the moment....accumulating stocks I like for the medium term!

macduffy
30-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi, drillfix.

I've had a quick look at PLV and will watchlist it.

At this stage I prefer GBG.
Has now received final environmental approvals, has its Chinese shareholder/customer firmly on board and finance pretty much assured. Construction underway and first ore to be mined in mid 2011. Infrastructure adequate for first stage of the project and the new Oakajee port looks like it will go ahead and take care of expanded output.

Have you looked at GBG in comparison with PLV?

Disc: Holding GBG.

drillfix
30-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Fella's,

By no means in this thread am I trying to create a "my dog is better than yours" type thread :p and Im not trying to subtract anything from the likes of the companies you mention ie: GBG or CFE

If it were me, and if I had available funds, then why not "Own them Both, or all of them" or add them to a sector portfolio.

In my instance, I cannot spread myself across board financially like that as such so I can only focus on one IO at present.

Still early days with PLV althogh at some stage perhaps somebody can draw up a comparison table so we can see where things are at, or going to which will create a bit of a value chart as such.

FOB_Newbie
30-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi guys, I'm a newbie in shares, so please do correct me if I'm wrong. I've been watching this stock and surely with JPMC as a substantial shareholder, PLV cannot be bad?

drillfix
30-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Not sure about the overall heath of the market at the moment....accumulating stocks I like for the medium term!

Hi GP,

As showman mentioned in the Ann today, he is pleased to see many more insto's now onboard the register of PLV, so surely thats gotta be a good sign imo.

Good on ya for jumping in, although what I feel or say shouldn't, but for you I hope your medium term investment gets rewarded accordingly.

gazprom1
30-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Drillfix,

Cashed up a few more HZN (still hold) at the close today and may look at buying a few more PLV this week (from toe to foot). Interesting weeks ahead with the amount of drilling planned....hope the resource exceeds expectations!!! Will also look at a few more CFE.

Still a little concerned re the market. I can see the market drifting through the next couple of months but you never know. Need to keep focused on the medium term!

drillfix
01-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Still a little concerned re the market. I can see the market drifting through the next couple of months but you never know. Need to keep focused on the medium term!

Don't fear the reaper GP, the markets will always try to scar the Bejeebers out of us all but Im sure if you have a stop in place then I wouldn't even worry about this investment, Set and Forget~!

A nice day today for Pluton though up a few cents. reckon 60c will be knocking pretty quick though and could be achievable by the weeks end or next week. (global markets submarine conversion pending of course) :rolleyes: :D

drillfix
02-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Looking good folks, last trade 55c

But then on an island of Iron Ore with a deep water channel just meters from the islands with no need for rail whatsoever, what is there to dislike about PLV ;)

Some news of drilling soon? then eventually some news from CSIRO in brisbane before Xmas will see this stock easily stroll past 60+c IMO

drillfix
03-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Some news of drilling soon?

Hello ME :rolleyes: :p, as it seems I and a couple of others are the only one interested in this stock I may as well journal any events along the way.

As announced today Drilling on Irvine island starts Today, or this Morning.

Now time to kick back to wait for some results~ ;)

gazprom1
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey Drill,

Any idea when we may get some results in? Statement was very brief. Sill only have my toe in as the price lifted before I could get my foot in.

Doesn't look like there is too much interest in the stock but you and I and a couple of others can have a chat about it.

Gazprom

drillfix
03-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi GP,

Not exactly sure mate, been waiting for a link to the interview with TonyS on Sky Business Channel which apparently was rebroadcast and Tony says they will provide a link to the broadcast. Maybe that may have a few more details.

I would say approx 6 weeks from drilling to back from the Lab. But please dont quote me on that, perhaps you can ask Showman on HC? as I myself cannot post there due previous events and becoming a convict.

Actually if you tell Showman that DrillFix is awaiting a visit at that other site, he will know what you mean, and then we can ask him such questions right here.

Here is some info taken from the ann a few days ago which give us some other pointers:

http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/asxdata/20091130/pdf/01017223.pdf

Phase II Drilling on Irvine Island

Pluton is about to commence an 8,000 metre diamond hole drilling campaign on Irvine Island.
The camp is now in place and drilling to extend the current Inferred Resource is expected to
commence later this week.

Managing Director Tony Schoer said, “This is a very exciting time for Pluton. For every metre
drilled in 2008 we created around 43,000 tonnes of Inferred Resource. This is an
extraordinary result.”

The Phase II drilling program is targeting both Direct Shipping Ore (DSO) as well as
additional feed for beneficiation. The program is targeting up to 130 million tonnes of iron ore
from the main iron mineralised Yampi Member, with the possibility that the overall result may
be significantly higher.

Iron mineralisation continues outside of the areas being targeted by the Phase II drilling
program.

The Kimberley Iron Ore Hub, which includes Koolan, Cockatoo and Irvine islands, is ideally
placed close to Asian markets. The three islands share a deep water channel literally metres
from the islands, with no need for rail.

The Company will continue to update the market as the drilling program progresses.

Ongoing Beneficiation Testing of Iron Ore by CSIRO

Pluton have been advised by the CSIRO in Brisbane that tests designed to assess the
suitability of upgrading low grade iron ores are on track to be completed before Christmas.

Results of studies to date have been positive, showing that iron ores from Irvine Island can be
upgraded using conventional technology to produce a marketable iron concentrate. The aim
of the current tests is principally to improve both grade and iron recovery from the Wonganin
Sandstones. These sandstones have previously been considered as overburden to accessing
the main iron mineralised Yampi Member but contain significant iron.

Indications to date from this latest round of testing are encouraging.

Pelm1
07-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Ongoing Beneficiation Testing of Iron Ore by CSIRO

Pluton have been advised by the CSIRO in Brisbane that tests designed to assess the
suitability of upgrading low grade iron ores are on track to be completed before Christmas.

Results of studies to date have been positive, showing that iron ores from Irvine Island can be
upgraded using conventional technology to produce a marketable iron concentrate. The aim
of the current tests is principally to improve both grade and iron recovery from the Wonganin
Sandstones. These sandstones have previously been considered as overburden to accessing
the main iron mineralised Yampi Member but contain significant iron.

Indications to date from this latest round of testing are encouraging.

Drillfix

I believe that this is going to surprise, have a look at the cross-section AA in the AGM presentation on the page titled Inferred Resource of 54mt it gives an idea of the thickness of the Wanganin sandstones. The Yampi member starts at 168 metres in hole 28 and the cross-section AA indicates the the Wanganin is a bit more than half of that.

Also have a look at the pic on page 5 of the Austock report that was put out on the 24th of November, the two drill rigs are drilling holes 31 and 32 I believe.

Just roughly, if the thickness is say roughly 60 metres average thick and 300 metres wide by 2000 metres long at an SG of 3 that gives 108 million tonnes, then divided by 2 for beneficiation.. you can work out the rest lol...all figures are guesswork, this could be the upside target, we shall have to wait for the results. If it turns out to be anywhere near 50 million tonnes, that will be a company maker!!

All this is just from Phase 1 drilling

Cheers ....

drillfix
07-12-2009, 04:44 AM
Hi Pelm,

Some good info mate, but it was asked here by Gazprom, how long would drilling results take from start to announcement approx? My estimate was approx 6 weeks, would you know?

Overall, I am confident in both, the company/project and management on this one.

They have done well and unlike may other prick type management with companies whom dont give a stuff about shareholders, Tony does, and alot of shareholders hold great respect for him.

Like any stock, we must keep an eye on the overall market though as there could be turbulence here and there at times no matter what the project or management.

Lets hope we get some great solid news to have the trend strengthened in the right direction.

Im not a mathematician on the grades or volumes, but I do know that having not many logistics issues is a blessing for this co. I remember Aztec Resources when they were on Cockatoo island, they managed to get the deep sea shipping dock up an atom in not very much time at all, in which not long after that Mount Gibson virtually stole the project from them with only little premium. Sure hope this does not happen to PLV in the same way~!

gazprom1
07-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Drillfix,

Couldn't agree more with your comments about keeping an eye on the markets. If the results are good and the market is going south, it will count for little in the short term. Only a couple of weeks at the most to wait for the beneficiation testing results!!

Gazprom

Pelm1
07-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi Pelm,

Some good info mate, but it was asked here by Gazprom, how long would drilling results take from start to announcement approx? My estimate was approx 6 weeks, would you know?

I remember Aztec Resources when they were on Cockatoo island, they managed to get the deep sea shipping dock up an atom in not very much time at all, in which not long after that Mount Gibson virtually stole the project from them with only little premium. Sure hope this does not happen to PLV in the same way~!

I believe that the results could take a bit longer, they took approx 5 months for phase 1 to the first Jorc announcement. They are drilling a lot more holes this time. They may announce some visuals or an upgrade to the Jorc from phase 2 along the way but it is the overall Jorc that I am waiting for... Happy to wait until the middle of 2011 for what I believe will be a very commercial deposit that should be well into the Feasibility phase (check the AGM preso for the timeline)

The above does not include the resource upgrade on the Wanganin sandstones as per my above post.

A take over: well that could be blocked by the top 20 who have 59.3%.

Cliffs have 12.5% and have to follow the lead of the board.

Just hope that it can be repelled ..

Cheers ..

Tony S
08-12-2009, 01:28 AM
hi drillfix,

Wow, someone told me you had started a thread on PLV on sharetrader. And I note you are now also a shareholder....great news!

Happy to answer any questions you guys may have. Remember though that I have to be careful what I say and that I can only give information that is not price sensitive and/or is available in the market.

Looking forward to talking to you all.

Good to catch up again drillfix.

Cheers, Tony.

Tony Schoer
Managing Director and CEO
Pluton Resources Limited
tschoer@plutonresources.com
mobile 0411 232 711

drillfix
08-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Hi Tony,

Great to hear from you, and yes, build it (a thread) and they will come :D

Yes now a shareholder and plan to continue to be one for quite some time to see developments through.

Most here fully understand what disclosure obligations you are under and can only post within acceptable parameters or depth questions, so no pressure here and hopefully from anywhere else you also get asked such questions.

I am sure there will be some here that will throw some questions your way pretty soon or as potential developments unfold.

Actually as you can see from previous posts, there was a question about the recent start of drilling and what time frame does it take (not to prove a whole phase II resource) but do drilling assays get sent to the lab after every 10 holes there abouts, and would 6 weeks be an approx time if that was the case for indication of sample grades?

Well Tony, thanks again for dropping in and posting, I realise you get very busy and I (we) appreciate any time you give here. As you know, I myself am barred from HC so its excellent to see you here posting again. :)

Cheers for now~!

gazprom1
08-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting on Sharetrader - it is great to have you involved on the forum. I have recently become a shareholder of PLV and am excited to be invoved with the company and its development.

I appreciate that you are limited to what you can say due to company and securities law and regulations and I (we) will not try and ask questions that you are unable to answer due to your obligations.

However, if I may take the opportunity to give some feedback, it is critical, in my opinion, for a company to be as open and detailed as possible about its plans and developments. The more a company can report information to the market on a regular basis, the better the performance of that company will be in the long run. A good example is BOW. They have been excellent in reporting about their ongoing operations (and capital needs) and plans and the market/ shareholders have responded accordingly. Nasty surprises can cause long term harm as shareholders will shy away from that company. Also, over estimating reserves and/ or profits on a regular basis is very damaging - some companies do do this!!!!!

I would also, along with Drillfix, appreciate some clarity on timing of processing of core samples.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to post.

Gazprom

Tony S
09-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Hi Drillfix and gazprom,

Alays happy to answer questions as (Drilly) will know.

DF, the answer to your question is that we started drilling last week. We plan to do a 8,000 metre diamond hole program. rigs of this type generally do around 20 metres a 12 hour shift. We do 2 shifts a day so should do 40 metres a day. Some days we will do better, some days we will do less....all comes down to ground conditions.

We plan to send the cores off for assay in batches after we cut them on the island. Probably will send batches at 2 holes a time. The assay results will come to us and copied to AMC in Melbourne who will update our resource calculation. I expect we will announce the upgraded resource each quarter.

the total program will take around 6 months....however in reality Phase II drilling will probably run into another program....we will continue to drill Irvine as we do our pre-feas followed by our feas studies.

Nice to catch up again DF.

Gaz, I agree totally about communication to shareholders by a company. Not many MD's post on threads however I enjoy doing it to answer the things that individuals may not understand from announcements on the ASX, or who really just feel like a chat. As far as I am concerned that is a shareholders right and I am more than happy chatting...trust me!!

If I don't get back to your posts within 24 hours it is safe to assume that I haven't read them because I'm running around somewhere. be patient, I will get back to you.

Cheers, Tony.

STRAT
09-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Hello ME :rolleyes: :p, as it seems I and a couple of others are the only one interested in this stock I may as well journal any events along the way.

;)Im watching too Drilly.

Hi Tony
I see your mobile Number is at the bottom of your post :eek: Now thats really putting yourself out there amongst it. :D

drillfix
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Im watching too Drilly.

Hi Tony
I see your mobile Number is at the bottom of your post :eek: Now thats really putting yourself out there amongst it. :D

Good on ya Strat, but are you holding? Ahhh, you see there is a difference here ;)

Im sure Tony has his number on his Sig everywhere because he is completely upfront and is only happy to chat to anybody and to me it shows great integrity.

I read elsewhere that Tony will be posting a previous Sky Business interview he done on the PLV website soon and that another interview will be done on the Dec 14/09 (monday) with CNBC news Asia.

Now see folks, thats what I am talking about. I never got to seen the last one and I sure do want to see the one on Monday, but what a better way to express what the company does or is doing to the world.

Well done Tony, keep up what I would call, excellent work and PR for PLV.

ps:
Will there be a webcast version on monday or only TV?

Also tony, will PLV do any PR on Canary? http://www.canaryevents.com.au

Seems to be a well sector presentations which are nicely done on that site.

STRAT
11-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Good on ya Strat, but are you holding? Ahhh, you see there is a difference here ;)

.Just watching Drilly.

Im counting on a heads up with a chart included from you a few days before the next spike :D;)

drillfix
11-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Just watching Drilly.
Im counting on a heads up with a chart included from you a few days before the next spike :D;)

So indeed you feel that there will be a spike? I like that STRAT, true optimist :p

As pointed out earlier:

Pluton have been advised by the CSIRO in Brisbane that tests designed to assess the suitability of upgrading low grade iron ores are on track to be completed before Christmas.

Don't forget to jump on the bus mate, tickets are cheap atm & as you know like a good rock concert you have been waiting for, why buy for twice the price from a scalper at the door when you can get them soon for a lot less ;)

With regards to a chart, Ive been using webIress, Im not really too keen on the drawing tools and IMO its not the best for charting. Will post something a little later though.

drillfix
14-12-2009, 04:41 AM
TonyS on HC writes:

another interview will be held next Monday (14th Dec) on CNBC Asia - Squawk Box live at 10.40am. About 6 or so minutes they will grill me for! may be worth watching if you are interested.

We will also try to get this onto the website.

CNBC Asia is widely watched in Asia so should get good coverage, and a little media never hurts.

Great stuff Tony, look forward to hopefully seeing this and the previous interview. And I hope they get Plutons Code correct unlike that last time (I heard). :rolleyes:

Also, looking forward to the upcoming results from CSIRO and very pleased to see PLV marketing in full swing. Excellent~! ;)

Pelm1
14-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Squawkbox interview today:D

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1358253710&play=1

drillfix
15-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Squawkbox interview today:D

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1358253710&play=1

Excellent stuff there Pelm, finger on the pulse as usual, and great work there Tony, you did well although did I detect a bit of nerves there slightly, or was it these fionance girls in the studio keeping you distracted, As I seemed to be wondering when you did the interview, What was on your right side distracting you that you had to look over to your RIGHT about 5 times during the interview?? :p

Some confidential talks and meetings hey?? well that does sound good and the more the merrier too. I like the part about why negotiate with a little when you can negotiate with alot more. Absolutely right, no point in letting someone potentially steel from your pocket.

Keep up the good work mate and as always, we here at ST look forward to further information and developments ;)

Cheers~!

drillfix
16-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Pelm,

Sadly it appears that the previous 1M Support buyer at 48+c has now split the scene or gone walkabout.

With lots of small, off screen sellers its starting to give me the jitters a bit as I hate to see any current profits eroded.

I honestly thought PLV would have been more desirable after the recent marketing.

drillfix
18-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Any further falls and we will be at placement levels.

Folks, this is becoming very frustrating watching PLV sinking.

Feel like a complete idiot now for not taking some profits in the 50's. :rolleyes:

Huang Chung
18-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Feel like a complete idiot now for not taking some profits in the 50's. :rolleyes:

Drilly, if you're convinced that PLV is a good story, just ride it.

Stock prices ebb and flo like the tides.

Pelm1
18-12-2009, 09:39 PM

Drillfix

I am in this for the long run, so not really concerned with the small moves but of course would have loved to have a lower average but that is the market. I am completely happy with my lot.

The floatation tests on the Wanganin will be out soon, once they are calculated into a resource then the market may have some incentive to buy... See my recent ramblings on the sandstones...

The boys and girls will be back drilling on Irvine in the next few days..

As Huang Chung said, if you believe then looking and lamenting will do you no good... Not a stock that would be easy to trade I reckon.....

This will be a fantastic story down the track :):D:o

have a great xmas ....

Cheers ..

drillfix
18-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi guys, I have no doubts what so ever with regards to Pluton.

However, small moves does not worry me, but many small moves in the wrong direction does start to worry me.

Why?

Because in short, I used CC plastic to take part in the Share Placement. Now call it a sin, call it whatever, but PLV, BHP, RIO whoever, I dont care, if it starts to fall back to placement levels I will get out, simple as that.

Presently, I have the Flu, and I also do not feeling very good about myself or my trading. I am a Dork, I am a Fool, I am of no use to man, god or planet, at the present moment.

Huang Chung
18-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, yeah, if you're hostage to the CC, that's another story I guess.

Hope you feel better soon Drilly.

drillfix
21-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Now, this is F~!d

Im wondering if the share price is falling because of "Alistair sold some of his holdings for personal reasons (under pressure from his wife!).

If so, then that is not good, because these so called Personal Reasons have affected Business Reasons either directly or indirectly.

This is obviously showing in the SP and have now set the Technicals all to Sh!t.

Lets hope the news from Brisbane is good~!

drillfix
21-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Hope you feel better soon Drilly.

Thanks HC, your a kind and considerate person you are.

Huang Chung
21-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Drilly, I've just posted a research report from Carmichaels on the GIR thread....whilst the research is on GIR, there is a valuation graph of the various iron ore players (including PLV) that you might find of interest.

drillfix
21-12-2009, 03:50 PM
HC, I took a look at the PDF from DJ's

Why does it say PLV is a Producer?

drillfix
21-12-2009, 04:47 PM
This is getting worst by the minute.

If its a case of Alistair's wife being happy, or Shareholders being happy, then myself being a shareholder, I think I want to be happy.

This now leaves very little choice.

Huang Chung
21-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Why does it say PLV is a Producer?

I'd say the office assistant at DJ Carmichael attacked the wrong bar with the dark crayon.....notice FMG is right next door and is shaded as an explorer ;).

PLV could probably justify a higher EV per resource tonne that the average by virtue of their potential transportation advantages. Conversely, you could possibly argue that the graph shows this advantage has already been priced in.

drillfix
21-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Huang, I would be careful of what ANY broker says and although DJ Carmichael have a good so called report in many ways, take note of what they said and look what happened to Bannerman (BMN), they didn't see that one coming thats for sure.

Anyways, nice post, but I dont think its right of DJ's to actually put PLV into that basket and using an Exploration Target as thats not really comparing Apples with Apples as yet (with info pending).

drillfix
31-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Well folks, it appears that yesterday we finally seen the Bounce @ 43.5 c (a micro bounce) that now has finally kicked this one off. (slowly)

For those who gonna sit on the sidelines till next year, Happy New years to you.

Other than that, anybody who wants to make a buck or spread some jam across your IO holdings, then spread it out and spread some on the PLV sandwich and I am certain next year will bring you a tasty lunch ;)

drillfix
01-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Happy New Years PLV'er's

May this year Rock and plenty of gains come our way along with the company moving forwards in leaps and bounds.

:)

gazprom1
01-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Happy New Year Drillfix. I am positive about PLV and continue to hold but do not have funds to buy any more at the moment. I hope we all have a great year ahead in the markets.

2010 was a stellar year for me in the ASX. Unfortunately, I had to keep on selling down to fight cash commitments made away from the market. I bet heavily on HZN (80% of portfolio) and averaged down early in the year so it was a total home run and saved my bacon.

Drillfix - my top picks for 2010 are NGE, TAP and CFE. Fairly conservative but TAP and NGE have potential company changing drills planned. CFE should be underpinned by its cash and potential IPO's/ asset sales. I have a couple of sections on the market and if they sell, ALL of the funds will be deployed in these stocks (and a little more into PLV).

Good luck.
Gazprom

drillfix
01-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Way ta go Gaz, good to hear your confident.

2010 was a stellar year for me in the ASX We ain't finished yet mate :p

With regards to picks, this is the way I see them.

Tip:
Why not get a lot more stocks, and each time one falls the way side or backwards, then dump it! Then add the funds into the one with upside momentum.

Keep doing that until you load the bus on the one that is confidently going up the hill.

Once either near the top of the Hill, call it the day and start the same process all over ;)

To me, the PLV party has only just started, there is a long way to go and at these prices I am going to add to my position while I dump the non-preformers.

My new 2010 rule, Dump the non performers, as we need our money for the performers~!

COLIN
02-01-2010, 09:19 PM
My new 2010 rule, Dump the non performers, as we need our money for the performers~!

Ah, now you're onto it, Drillfix!
Best wishes for a satisfying and rewarding year.

drillfix
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Ah, now you're onto it, Drillfix!
Best wishes for a satisfying and rewarding year.

Thanks Colin.

For many years I seem to have been a sleep at the wheel so as it is time to Awaken, its almost like being being Re-Born again with each (good quality) seminar series that I view or do.

Only problem now is the ASX does not really give me much leverage with my current positions as it will take some time to recoup my heavy losses but I sure will get there.

I now fully understand why some folks don't bother and trade EFT's or Forex where you can gain leverage to your trade and thus get those types of rewards accordingly. (as too loss). (Also NASDAQ with Level II)

Again, thanks for the acknowledgement and hopefully those that know me will get to see a great Transformation in 2010 and maybe I can help out some as some here have been so very understanding with me.

Cheers~!

gazprom1
03-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Hey Drill,

I suffer from holding onto dogs like you have in the past....currently holding WCUO and it has cost me a fortune. DOG!!!! Should have been out with a small loss but lacked discipline.

You are going to have a stellar year, like your picks for the comp. and coming 2nd (to me) will be a great achievement =)=)=)

Let's make some money!

drillfix
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
You are going to have a stellar year, like your picks for the comp. and coming 2nd (to me) will be a great achievement =)=)=)

Let's make some money!

Thanks Gaz~!, a 2010 X-No more doggies-X year indeed.

I dont mind coming 2nd to you in the comp, providing you that have lots and lots of money in your account ;)

ps: I no longer suffer holding the woofers, that was past drillfix :P

drillfix
05-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Getting pretty wrapped up in the movements with TRF and IFE that nearly forgot about me own little beauty PLV.

PLV is looking technically good folks.

The market tends to play a song with some stocks and those stocks dance to that tune, in which case the above have been doing a Cha Cha on steriods while PLV slowly but surely doing a nice slow (but strong) waltz upwards.

Waiting for some news on and drilling updates on Irvine Island so in the meantime enjoy the gradual ride moving back up to 50c (soon IMO).

Although I use IRESS the charts are pretty crappy IMO and limited to some degree however I will gladly post a chart here by request should anybody want one or be interested.

ps: can only see 12 months max with iress

drillfix
05-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Hey Pelm/Gaz, what do you reckon there about a close, I guessing about 51.5c

Somebody must be hungry when taking 100,000 at 50c so I think sometime this week we can safely say goodbye to the 40's and get ready to welcome in the high 50's maybe even low 60s where it needs to break next resistance at 56.5c and then 60c accordingly.

Hmm, I may need to edit my call as there seems to be a continual dumper at 50c (so it seems)

gazprom1
07-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Drilly,

PLV is having a great day so far. Would like to see a close above 53 cents...it has been a very good few trading sessions for PLV. Some more news out would give us a further lift!!

Gaz

drillfix
07-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi Gaz,

Yep, indeed it seems to be a fine and dandy day for PLV.

Pelm will get a wonderful surprise after his game of golf to come back and see some more gains on the table.

Like I said before though, this is just the beggining of the run (even though it fell back).

A while back when the stock was 70c support, I remember sitting back then wanting to buy some at 68c or 69c, so while the opportunity is NOW, I think I will do my best with funds to fill the bus a bit more.

drillfix
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Not sure who is watching this stock.

But did anybody just see that?? Plem? Gaz?? a few minutes ago, somebody just dumped right down to 50c, like it was a forced sale?

Hope its not the other Director again playing mushy puppy dog with his wife again. :rolleyes:

evilroyrule
11-01-2010, 05:52 PM
sigh....mushy puppy dog. easily todays funniest thing.

gazprom1
11-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey DF,

You gotta wonder about some of these sales that are just dumped on the market. Hard to fathom given that they could have sold down very quietly today without moving the market down like it did. WTF Knows!!!

Off topic but have traded CFE intra-day the past two trading days for modest gains but gains nonetheless. Busy tomorrow so will not get the chance. Managed to get out of WCUO at 1.5 - took a bath but at least didn't get picked off at below 1 cent.

Amazing day for PEN today!!!!

Gaz

drillfix
12-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Hey DF,
You gotta wonder about some of these sales that are just dumped on the market. Hard to fathom given that they could have sold down very quietly today without moving the market down like it did. WTF Knows!!!

Yup, strange stuff but in some ways, to me, it seemed like some type of Margin Call type execution. In fact I got an order taken out so I am in a bit more than I currently have.

Should the event turn out to be a that "other" director dude as mentioned then I feel I will just dump everything and move on. Perhaps even pay back my CC, but at least I am up on this one so I still must be grateful, but no matter what the case, I aint gonna hang around regardless while an insider dumps.

drillfix
13-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Like many other stocks at the moment, it kinda looks like the crowd are sitting on the sidelines for a while.

I read elsewhere that some results or yet another CSIRO report due out next week.

Anybody care to share what exact results these are?

drillfix
15-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Way ta go there Showman, like these small purchases you do and so does the market.

Keep buying will ya ...LOL :D

drillfix
20-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Now this is odd,

Somebody dumping in last minutes is not very encouraging to say the least.

I would have thought with pending news from CSIRO on the way any day that Pluton would experiencing a consistent gradual climb, unlike what we are experiencing here.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, hopefully some good news.

Pelm1
08-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Lets see what tomorrow brings, hopefully some good news.

Good news on the Wonganin sandstones.

Grades are good. Contaminants are excellent.

Recovery well within acceptable range... in the upper 80's

Resource upgrade to include these results can not be too far away ...

Cheers ..:D

drillfix
08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi Pelm,

Good to see ya back there buddy.

Yes some good news, but the market seems to be a bit "how ya goin mate" about it dont you think.

Any approximate idea when some drill results may be available?

Pelm1
08-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Drilling has been completed on 2 holes plus the water backup hole, now drilling into site 4 (see the latest quarterly for drilling sequence).

Site 4 is also the "red blob" on the "Mag image" see the AGM preso, if you overlay the mag onto the drilling sequence, you can see what I mean.

There are 2 holes at this site, one vertical down 280 metres and one at a plunge (angle) of 70 degrees down 370 metres at a bearing of 225.. This should give a good idea of what the red blob contains.. I would say that both of the Yampi lenses will come together in this hole, hence the stronger "mag" signature.

To your question, I would think that the cores from the first 2 holes would have been cut and sent for assay... The turnaround time atm is roughly 6 weeks.. They would probably want at least 3 holes to update the resource, so maybe another week to finish site 4 then 6 weeks for assay .. So at least the end of March for phase 2 ..

The Wonganin update is what I am waiting for, now that they have the final bene report, AMC will be busily calculating the phase 1 total which could change the game dramatically

Cheers..

drillfix
08-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the update Pelm, you know alot about drilling and have the finger on the pulse you do.

Perhaps we can swap Nic's and you can be called drillfix...LOL

But then you would find yourself banned from HC for flaming the mods a year or so ago. :D

But then, I see FluffyNimph is a moderator and also a PLV holder. Perhaps you could kindly ask them to unban me :rolleyes:

Anyway, cheers again mate. ;)

drillfix
10-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Hey Pelm,

Mate it seems that PLV is nearly the only Red stock on my IO watchlist.

I know the small price fluctuation's are only just that but its a nice green feel day today and I would have thought that PLV would have rose much more on the previous ann.

I dont just think its me or anything but it seems more people want out than want in by the looks of things today and the previous days.

In the long term scheme of things, I know is only a temporary move down, or perhaps it is seeking another bounce off 40.5 cents thereabouts.

drillfix
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Pelm, what have you done, waived a magic wand...lol

We now have a bullish engulfing candle at present, a good sign.

This of course however can change and its the candle at the end of the day is the one that counts :p

Pelm1
11-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Pelm, what have you done, waived a magic wand...lol

We now have a bullish engulfing candle at present, a good sign.

This of course however can change and its the candle at the end of the day is the one that counts :p

Hi Drillfix

No magic wand here mate.. just a bit of reading.. Seems that Tony is running with the big boys later this year, try this link.... http://www.terrapinn.com/2010/asiamining/SPK-mr-tony-SCHOER.stm

I try not to look at short term, like the candles that you have mentioned as this is a long term hold for me.... :D

Year end is where I am looking with a few highlights along the way... First being the Wonganin resource update, this will give the final figure for the phase 1 drilling.

The first resource update from the phase 2 drilling is the next highlight.

Tonnes by year end should be over 250 million of DSO and BFO I believe ...

An update on pre-feasibility would be good also ;)

drillfix
11-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the update again Pelm, and the link.

Yes any minor or major updates are always welcome.

drillfix
09-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi Pelm, well, another month comes and goes in the PLV camp and although "progressing" the shareprice is being by driven by robot trading both up and down.

Take a look:

12:58:22 PM 0.475 405 192.38
12:58:22 PM 0.475 12,000 5,700.00
12:58:22 PM 0.475 10,000 4,750.00
12:54:33 PM 0.485 552 267.72
12:50:33 PM 0.485 212 102.82
12:45:33 PM 0.485 591 286.64
12:40:48 PM 0.485 463 224.56
12:37:48 PM 0.485 494 239.59
12:35:44 PM 0.480 10,000 4,800.00
12:30:03 PM 0.485 511 247.84
12:28:48 PM 0.485 521 252.69
12:26:18 PM 0.485 531 257.54
12:24:18 PM 0.485 542 262.87
12:23:03 PM 0.485 552 267.72
12:21:48 PM 0.485 563 273.06
12:20:33 PM 0.485 574 278.39
12:15:48 PM 0.485 543 263.36
12:11:03 PM 0.485 553 268.21
12:09:18 PM 0.485 563 273.06
12:07:33 PM 0.485 573 277.91

There are only actually 3 what appear to be human trades there.

Now I believe we cant be far away for some "type" of news however I have to confess this is becoming frustrating because of opportunity costs.

I will always maintain a core holding of PLV as you know, but when I think about and see what my investment could have made, I start to feel disappointed by all this traded orchestration which that it is exactly designed to do.

I see CoalKing on HC has mentioned about the weekly flag, I am glad someone else out there notices these things, either that or they do but dont say much.

This is coming to a head and I agree with CK on hc that this is coming to a point of decision, all we need though is "Real Volume", and of course, the news so we can put this baby to bed and sleep a bit better.

Pelm1
09-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi DF

I posted this in HC a week ago

The drilling started on the 3rd of December 09

Tony stated on the 12/2 that "We are currently in the 5th hole which is the first of 6 holes that target the high magnetic anomaly discovered by the aeromagnetic survey flown late last year."
I take this to mean hole locations 4,5 and 6, have a look at the drilling map in the latest presentation

At an average of say 8 to 9 days per hole, they should be onto location number 5.

Now the question is, when were the first batch of cores sent for assay?

If the first 3 were sent together, that would be roughly the end of January, allow 6 to 7 weeks for assay, the results could be in the next few weeks. These results will not increase the tonnage, that needs extra work to be done by AMC. A resource increase would take longer.

The phase 1 Wanganin resource update at a rough guess should be about the end of April .. Maybe an update of the phase 2 Yampi will be out at the same time ?? Tony has said previously that they will update the resource every quarter, I take that to mean, every 3 months after the first one, if you know what I mean.

Not sure if you were asking about results for assays or results for a resource update as they are 2 different things.

Sure we could have some drill results soon but really the only thing from that of any interest to me would be the depth and width, I am really looking forward to a "tonnage update"..... don't get me wrong, I will pour over the next lot of results ;)

You wrote "we can put this baby to bed and sleep a bit better" lol.. for me we are just past conception, birth will be late this year.... PLV will then be "Born" and it will scream all bloody night!!!!

Holding not selling :)

Cheers ...

drillfix
11-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi Pelm,

Mate, I see you got the flick temporarily from hc, what happened?

There seems to also be some frustration over there with some holders , re-the sp, and also, still trying to work out what Satori is on about with the Goats...lol

Sure am glad to see Tony (showman) back posting there, very encouraging. Helps to south the nerves from long periods of absence.

Sounds like we could be hearing something, in the near future. Anything will do, providing its positive.

Pelm1
11-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Hi Df

Yes I am in "The Bin" again, oh well... The post was not really anything that I expected to be suspended for or even moderated.

Yes Tony has said that assays are due soon " Assays are due now, I would hope we start frequent announcements any day from now."

A steady stream of announcements will be good.

Tony posted a lot of good info tonight, anyone reading it that hasn't looked at PLV before would be tempted to have a further look, as you know, it is my favorite (read biggest holding) of all the Fe explorers/ near term producers. Having worked in the industry for a lot of years, I sort of know what I am on about ;)

Cheers ..

drillfix
11-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Yes Tony has said that assays are due soon " Assays are due now, I would hope we start frequent announcements any day from now."

A steady stream of announcements will be good.

Sorry to hear about your moderation, HC is a bit heavy handed at times, and I imagine a lot worst gets posted without a bat of an eye, crazy.

Your not wrong about a steady stream of news will be good.

At some stage, I imagine once it starts, many more insto's will start taking a stronger position in the stock.

Dont know how much longer it will sit @ sub 50c but I would imagine it will stop once we get this first batch.

Will post a chart tomorrow sometime with some technical possibilities and targets both short and medium term.

Meanwhile, why not hang out here during your suspension, its a good place ST, no pressure and balanced debate.

Pelm1
11-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Df

PLV has some of the strongest insto support that I know of for a junior.. how many others have such a large insto following at this stage of developement?
Read what Tony said last night "The big boys overseas get it, trust me. Think how many small companies like Pluton that JP Morgan owns 10% of. You can count them on one hand I would think. Add to that many other UK funds, Bankers Trust, Colonial First State, Challenger and MacQuarie and many others in Australia.... These guys know their mining companies and are prepared to wait."

There are times when you can be "right" too early in the market cycle of a company but I believe that now is the time to be right with PLV.

The drill results from the first of phase 2 drilling are out anytime now and you will want to be "right" before the instos believe that they need to be "more right" which will be as soon as a resource update is released, especially if it is for the Wanganin, as you know I believe that will be released in a few weeks.

Another poster put a link to http://www.environskimberley.org.au/mining.htm ... basically, that is way out of date, the other party does not have a claim to Irvine, PLV covers 100% of Irvine. I also believe that the EPA has reclassified Irvine from "pristine" i.e untouched to "excellent" i.e minimal disturbance. The company is spending a lot of money getting the 'enviro" part right..... I believe that there is nothing on Irvine that is not on a lot of the other hundreds of islands in the area so that is a huge plus.

Add in the deep water access right at the end of the island (how many other companies can boast that they are on a shipping channel?) Look at the AGO announcement from yesterday, I believe that they took AXO just for the port access... There is no point having a big truck if you can not drive it!

Add in the low market cap of 73 million. What will the market cap be at years end? Maybe we should run a comp.... I will say 180 mill......

An experienced and committed management team...

I could go on.....it is all lined up, just need the first few pins to fall and a chain reaction will happen...

Cheers ..

drillfix
11-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Pelm, by the end of the year, I would put $1.20 - $1.30 on it.

My reason for that target is both Technically and Fundamentally by that time, or that by that time, the story plays out to be kinda like, Show and Tell.

When you talk about the EPA on irvine, reading Tony's post on HC I am aware they are spending lots of money on this, and that it takes quite some time. But another poster asked about the time frame if it could be fast tracked or something. Now I know you cant just fast track something like that and it does take time, but as you point out, if all the other islands have been done before ie: cockatoo island as an example among a few, would they not be able to use the same proceedure or have current data from similar landscape of island to already pre-include, whilst its kinda like paying for something twice when the EPA already know some of the potential or issues with prior study and data.

Yes, take over in the sector has ignited a bit of a rally among other stocks. Will be interesting and its a healthy thing for the sector too, imo :)

Pelm1
11-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Df

Your target of $1.20 to $1.30 equals a market cap of 187 mill to 202 million so we are pretty close to each other... Other posters can join in lol.... Technically the gaps look like they will make good targets but will provide little restistance imo..

A 161 fib extention from 95 down to 40.5 gives a target of $1.28, ... the question is.... when will we hit the 261 fib extention???

Also the 50 fib retrace from the high of 2.51 to .14 is $1.33

So I agree with your TA

I do not think that there were any studies done on Cockatoo or Koolan prior to mining, in those days it was a lot different, the environment didn't really matter. The Lib's in WA are very pro jobs and development at the moment so the process of the EPA has been streamlined but a full study is still required, just a little less red tape.

Time will tell how "right" this all is...

Back later..

Cheers ..

drillfix
11-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Pelm, I thought Koolan island did have some EPA done, I cant remember the company name prior to MGX but my sister was invested at the time whowith them before Mount Gibson (mgx) virtually stole it off them for a song (something like +10c takerover to their current 18c sp).

Anyway, back to EPA, surely though there is data somewhere, there would have to be. I am not fussed, cause regardless things will be done when they need done.

Technically, yes a 50% retrace from the high, I just used $1.30 because it was meant to be $1.30 ish'

In the meantime, we have need to get past intermediate support levels of 50c and then 60c
This of course then would take us to the which then takes us to the 70.5c Lower 23.6% Fib line which would leave then a major resistance at 85c

Lots of forward thinking, and I guess that gets us no where until we conquest of the first one is achieved.

It would be good to see things technically get up to the next trading range though, but the 40's have been a good time for some to accumlate prior to the 50-60c channel.

Technically, I would like to see the Tide Flowing in our favour which means to have the 20ma cross above the 200 and then see what action takes place then, probably a lot more than what is taking place now, as traders and more insto buying would flock to the stock because the trend is in their favour. When this happens, I think we will see a GIR type chart happening, Insto Bot trades making near perfection of a run for trading and I feel like a complete idiot for missing that, especially after Huang (hc) gave us all a good heads up on Giralia.

Oh well, lets just live in the now hey, no regrets or remorse about what would have been but rather what is to be. PLV.

(actually tony, good slogan for the company mate, PLV -what is to be) Haahaaa, I want a fee for suggestion mate ...LOL

drillfix
11-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Pelm, here is a chart you can share with the Hot copperty's once your unsuspended.

http://i40.tinypic.com/r1n4mo.png

This shows what appears to be narrowing down to the point of decision, it has to go one way, or the other, No inbetweens.

Stochs are heading down, RSI is heaing up a bit creating some divergence there, the previous declining volume is coming to a head too, it had been less and less .
IOt will be when something is going to happen, it will be when that Volume POPs through and doubles say 700,000 to trade with a 10% increase in shareprice will see us into the New Era,, but its cutting it a bit too fine, something is going to happen soon.

Tomorrow even??? Maybe Monday, but this cannot go on into Mid next week. It just cannot.

My bet it is up with due news., save the image, and pass it on or do with it what or if you wish.

Cheers~!

ps: of course, all the above still depends if there is an economy still with us in the next full year. :P

drillfix
11-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Here we go Pelm.

Drilling results or Irvine island Drilling Update

Thoughts?

It doesn't seem to say very much, but what is said seems to sound good to me.

Pelm1
11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Df

The visual of the Wonganin looks good, I do not think Plv has given out a photo of the Wonganin before so I would say that the quality is a lot better is this core. The good part is that this hole is outside the current Inferred Resource area. This is very good news :)

It does say that the first two assays from phase 2 will be out very very soon, the first hole drilled was number 29, that is close to hole 27 which intersected good ore at shallow depth.

Cheers ..

drillfix
12-03-2010, 11:51 AM
This is very good news :)

It does say that the first two assays from phase 2 will be out very very soon, the first hole drilled was number 29, that is close to hole 27 which intersected good ore at shallow depth.

Cheers ..

This is good to hear Pelm,

And I like the part of the first 2 assays from phase 2 being out, very soon as you say.

There seems to be some pressure though, perhaps a last minute barrier for some insto to pickup cheap stock, dunno, but it cannot be for much other reason as the chart by my calculation will have do do something by next week, Full Stop.

Pelm1
13-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Df

Looking at the mag image, the red blob that is currently being drilled could be caused by a couple of things
It could be that the 2 Yampi lenses have come together, if this is so, it could mean that the Yampi is a lot thicker. It could also mean that the Wonganin is a lot thicker and at surface or very close.

Cheers ..

drillfix
18-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Hi Pelm,

Mate, atm I am not really liking the TA on this one bit. Regardless of any news, directors buying, presentations being given all over the joint, this is falling like a rock.

PLV has now cracked through the 46.5 oblique support line, which means its off to the races to test 42c support.

Speaking of support, that leads me to another question, why is there no Insto, Soph buying. Guess they want it all below placement.

Again, long term Im sure everybody is happy chappy, but in the meantime, the market doesn't care regardless.

If we are lucky, this may be known as what is called crack though the floor. But looking at the depth here, I dont think so.

drillfix
25-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Hi again Pelm, seems like the only person I talk to here on this thread is you, so thanks for keep on coming back when you do.

With regards to the so called Mr.500K or who now is Mr.480K, here is my thoughts on that.

If they really wanted out, then surely they would continue smalls moves taking buyers out, but no, he does not.

I am in the speculation that his purpose is soley for, stop the stock from going up (obviously) and to cap the stock which basically is telling buyers, "You guys wait here I will be right back"

Meaning, he is buying time holding the sp down whilst bargain shopping elsewhere, or trying to create gains so he can come back and Mop up with a reverse move.

Still frustrating all the same, but that's about the short of it anyway, which simply is plain to see, IMO.

drillfix
25-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Well, a couple more days or sometime next week, I reckon this will be ready for the Dinner table ready to eat. (markets pending of course).

Here is a chart with what signals I am hanging on for as seen in the chart, or as you NZ folks say, Graph :P

PLV Daily >>> http://i40.tinypic.com/mhfy1i.png

(Please note that any potential dumps may take it tad past the support to 40+c but the candle EOD will show the target should it happen)

Enjoy

drillfix
25-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Looks like support may get tested before next week.

Perhaps, we could be sitting on support for the whole of next week, until "some sort of News" decides to make its way to the market.

Failing that, I am becoming rather more than surprised about all this.

Why?? because something doesn't quite add up due to the fact that Tony (showman) has done a stack of Roadshows, and one would think from even being on TV, Road Shows, and riding on the coat tail of the sector, the we would be FAR FAR up from where we are now, which is, at the placement price (nearly).

Time will tell of course.

drillfix
30-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi all PLV holders (and all the closet PLV holders :P ).

If your out there, my previous chart shows 42c acting as major support , now 41.5c has been hit today.

If we look in detail from previous support lines it would show that 41c should be the new main support and with a random target of 40c being where the SP was initiated previously.

All the indicators are showing over sold, including RSI which is weak showing 33.374 as I write this. I reckon it will hit 30 and then give a bounce effect to the other indicators with the first sign of strength (perhaps some time after Easter?).

The first step would be is to see this seller at 44c (474 K) become obsolete, I think he is a capper and when the indicators turn, he will just vanish. After all why sell at these levels when he can potentially sell up in the 50's.

Saying that, it may seem IO may be off the boiler but where is any other Insto Support? Where are soph investors? Where is the brave people whom wish to invest in a company that has some solid fundamentals here?

Lots more questions than answers atm. We cannot make management hurry up results as it takes as long as it takes to drill whatever needs drilling.

On a final note, we need some news, and good news, of some sort, and soon, otherwise should these supports become breached, I think the stock will become what appears to be even more "Technically Challenged".

Chart will be loaded at the EOD.

Thanks for taking the time to read~~

drillfix
30-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi folks, it has started.

Looks like that seller is now 412K shares available @ 44c

I would like to take the time to say to everybody and encourage you to participate on the Assault of 44c

It looks like there may have slowly started, but at least its a start.

Somebody keen at 42c and hopefully by the end of the day we will see some action (potentially) if this 41.5c bounce has been noted.

Don't be affraid, as in the long run, you will be grateful you participated. ;)

Here is a daily chart to add to my previous chart posted about a potential bounce.

http://i43.tinypic.com/4ujwch.png

Note the circles on the indicators, TODAY is the start, why not take part are near SP levels into an IO stock that is ready to trend change once we get the volume through.

Note how everytime the stock gets slapped back to 42c the Williams %R drops below the 80 line (oversold)
Buyers will rush in once or if it manages to remained crossed over the 80 line.

I leave this up to you, but there is a heads up anyway.

ps: news coming soon too I believe, though not sure exactly when
Double the volume of 300K which is 600K and a 10% sp increase oughta do it nicely, though a 1million + would be better.

Pelm, if your out there, by all means paste the link onto HC for further PLV followers to see.

drillfix
31-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey folks, looks like a break is happening.

Technically all good, and a near clear run up to 50c is very realistic.

Just a heads up on that. Jump in whilst the water is warm :P

Pelm1
31-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi Df

I took part in the "assault of 44" this morning. then some others finished the "assault"

So mister 500k is now gone.

As you say, news coming soon, when it will be I am not sure but this is going to be a defining year for PLV.

The main percentage gains this year will be from resource upgrades, the largest will be the Wonganin Jorc from phase 1 drilling (plus a bit of phase 2) which will be in the next few months. The Yampi member updates should be every quarter after they update it the first time from the phase 2 drilling. First 2 holes are in, next one will be ordinary (was only a water backup hole), the 2 after that will excite, see the pic of the core from the first phase 2 drill results, the holes from locations 4, 5 and 6 will increase the area and width of the resource and are in the "red blob"

What makes the "red blob" red?? Could it be that the Wonganin is thick and closer to the surface or is it that the Yampi lenses have come together in some prehistoric weld and are now just a thick mass? I reckon that it is both of these, the Wonganin is thick and the Yampi has joined :) Time will tell.

Cheers ..

Edit: P.s. depth looks a lot better now :) :)

drillfix
31-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey Pelm, good stuff mate, and thank god for Technical Analysis too as I also picked up a small 10K parcel at 41.5c as my previous call at a bounce mark which I backed my own call :P

Saying that I think I will hold onto this parcel for quite a while on top of my other "core" holding.

Good post on the FA stuff there Pelm, you seem know your stuff there, and I appreciate you taking the time to post here.

PLV up 4.55% that is great, but on a Technical note, it would be great to see the stock finish 10% up for the day with the volume spike double that of the 200ma Volume which is 350K/day (atm). So 700K to end the day with 10% should potentially start showing up on radars everywhere and generate even further interest as this will indicate a potential start of a trend reversal.

I know most holders are not concerned about the daily movements, but yet it is good to see PLV move in accordance with the sector, so hopefully this week and next we can have some time in the Sun so to speak.

Cheers mate, will post another chart and perhaps one for you at the end of the day to throw up the link on HC if you wish. Just hope we get our V+10% :P

drillfix
31-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Looks like we never got our volume there Pelm. ahh well, its better than where it was the other day that's for sure.

I will be keeping an eye on PLV tomorrow as it has seemed to hit the oblique resistance and bounced back.

Although the the candle today is above the 8ma it is right at the level of the 20ma so pending on how, who, what and when comes at us tomorrow will paint a picture for the short term movement which could be another test of the Oblique Resistance at 47c or back down to test the 8ma line.

What I do not wish and hope to see is another test at the 41c level. I think I will be out of the stock temporarily should it come to that.

Some obvious profit takers at the moment sitting at 46c and just above the 47c resistance.

Hoping there will be some news in April for PLV, I know drilling takes time and its all worth the wait and everything, but alot can happen in a week, fortnight, a month.

PLV seems to be trading in a 6 week cycle looking at the past Rises and Falls touching Support.

This means we should see some upward movement in the stock Technically and hope some fundamentals become available to also push things along.

Well, thats my commentary for the day done.

Catch ya later~!

Pelm1
31-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi Df

It is going to be a long year, as always happens when you are waiting for something...

I believe that it will be worth the wait though ;)

The cores from locations 4 and 5 should be cut and sent soon so results should be about 6 weeks, the second rig should also arrive soon, that should double the speed in assay results and hence resource updates.

Looks like the bot is back also, that can be a good thing.. I wonder why the bot wasn't buying into Mr 500k? .. Lots of 210 buys today

Cheers ..

drillfix
01-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi Pelm,

Yes, the bot.
And at least that is a positive thing (at this stage) as the bot is buying in the right direction for shareholders which algorithmically signals being on the right side of the trade. atm

Thanks for the update regarding the 2nd rig, that cant be a bad thing at all, or why not 3 or 4 for that matter :P

lewinsky
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for your posts on this drillfix and pelm. I will do some more reading over the weekend. That usually means it will run today.

drillfix
01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for your posts on this drillfix and pelm. I will do some more reading over the weekend. That usually means it will run today.

Hi Lew,

Good to see you posting here in the PLV thread.

Thought for a while that it was only me, Pelm and Gaz reading but always great to hear thoughts and interests from others. :)

Pelm1
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
That usually means it will run today.

Lewinsky.

It may run today but it is in the longer term that it will "run".

While you are reading, have a look and compare market caps of some other Fe hopefulls, you can see that there is plenty of scope for a lift in the market cap.

The company has already declared that they have enough ore to begin mining, now they are in the "definition" phase.

Some reading would start with the February presentation to the Zurich conference.

Being located on a shipping channel is one of the biggest advantages this company has, along with strong experienced management.

I know that I keep banging on about the Wonganin but I believe that they will be the catalyst for the market to rerate PLV, my estimate is for around 150 million tonnes just from the Hardstaff drilling of phase 1... The Jorc should be out in the next few months. From that, over 70 million tonnes of cons at 67+% Fe. Tony the MD has stated that they will have a lot more Wonganin tonnes than the Yampi tonnes and they are targetting 130 to 200 million tonnes of Yampi alone.

If you need any questions answered, send me an email... pelm1@hotmail.com ... and I will get back to you if I can help.

Cheers ..

drillfix
27-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Lewinsky.

It may run today but it is in the longer term that it will "run".

Hey Pelm, you still with us mate, or have you flown the coupe so to speak :P

Not technically looking too good for PLV unfortunately, but fundamentally sound so to speak.

Not very inspiring to say the least as the stock is technically VERY weak and has been forming a descending triangle which is a bearish formation.

Tony and crew seem to be all doing an excellent job, though What concerns me is, there has been STACKS of Road shows and such, but still the market does not seem interested. (atm)

But why is that?

Pelm1
15-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi

The SP looks a bit ordinary at the moment.... A resource update should help with that, expecting it to be out by the end of this month... may contain some of the Wonganin !! !!

I went for a visit to Irvine island a few weeks ago here is a video of a chopper flight from the Isthmus to Hardstaff.. Click here for the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyAu6ZMeBLk) look closely and you can see how high the cliffs are !! The place is made of iron ore...

A few pics here Photos Here (http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=jyTWfiRKgHm6PM6dUMSY6Q%3D%3D)

Paradise !! !!

Pelm1
28-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi folks

A bit of interest in the last couple of days....:D

I found this, it is a cracker, gives a little insite into what could be in the future.. Enjoy

Have a read of this at http://www.highgrade.net

TONY Schoer has been clocking up the air miles over the past few months. The company he heads, Pluton Resources, has 14 confidential agreements in place with parties interested in its iron ore all but one being Asian with location, location, location, a key selling point.
Not only is Plutons Irvine Island project in the Kimberley the closest iron ore project in Australia to China, its location as an island with 54m-deep water right next door means the need for significant infrastructure such as rail and port is bypassed. As is the case, for example, at Cockatoo Island, located 6km away across the water from Irvine and mined by Cliffs/Leightons.

Pluton is looking at a number of different deposits on Irvine, with Hardstaff Point containing 54Mt at 49% iron and the Isthmus Region about 3.5Mt at 60-62% iron. At the latter Pluton is aiming to delineate 15-30Mt of direct ship ore, while at Hardstaff the aim is to reach 100Mt at 49% - with an update in a couple of weeks understood to be likely to lift resources to about 75Mt. Both of these resources are within the Yampi Member rock unit.

In addition, Pluton sees the potential for 200Mt grading 25-30% iron within the Wonganin Sandstone rock unit, previously seen as overburden but which testwork has shown can be simply processed to yield a marketable iron concentrate grading in excess of 66% iron.

An interim resource on the way to the ultimately seen possible 200Mt is also expected within the next 2-3 weeks.

Schoer is hopeful the resource increases will awaken the market to the project offtake parties are already showing serious interest in.

Critically, with $A12 million in the bank, Pluton has the cash needed to continue work.

By Schoers reckoning, Pluton will need about $A25 million toward the end of the year for the feasibility work. The aim is to access funds from one of the parties now looking closely at the project.

If we can get those funds off an end user ... that will give them a seat at the table to then enter into offtake agreements where they provide financing and we provide the tonnage, and whether they then get some equity in the project or whether we give them a discount compared to the benchmark, thats really up to the end user and the way they want to go, Schoer told HighGrade.

In terms of milestones, two or three resource upgrades are likely between now and the end of the year, with the pre-feasibility work likely to take about 12 months. A completed feasibility and all approvals are anticipated by the end of next year at which time construction will begin.

Capital costs are put in the order of$A350 million, while operating costs for a tonne of product on ship is estimated at $A37/t for product which today is fetching about $US150/t. Schoer said the company was aiming to produce 5-7.5 million tonnes per annum.

Clearly, with a market capitalisation of less than $A60 million this week, Pluton is currently being overlooked by a market with other concerns on its mind.

Schoer said an east coast roadshow would be undertaken next month, with an investor trip to Irvine planned around July.

You need to be a subscriber, the 2 week trial is free

gazprom1
05-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Lew,

Good to see you posting here in the PLV thread.

Thought for a while that it was only me, Pelm and Gaz reading but always great to hear thoughts and interests from others. :)

Drillfix would have been interested in the movements of PLV of recent weeks. Had been in the low to mid 30's for ages but has rallied. Strong day today possibly on the back of the results yesterday. A little bit of volume as well which bodes well. Hope Drillfix is watching the stock.

Gaz

Pelm1
01-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi

Intersuisse has issued a report valuing PLV at $2.82

Looks like the market is starting to take notice! bout time too lol....

Hope that you held drillfix... send me an email, can't seem to find your addy....

Cheers ..

lewinsky
02-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I am surprised that no-one has commented on PLV recently.

The presentation last week is worth casting your eye over.

LEW has opened his wallet on this, and admits he is a tad too late, but is now in +ve territory.

Thanks to df and Palm1 for bringing this onto the radar.

asc4
02-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I hold a few of these.

Native title will be key.

Look forward to more drilling results, resource upgrade, hopefully more DSO can be shown, nice project, plenty of potential.

drillfix
02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Hope Drillfix is watching the stock.

Gaz

Yep, I always watching PLV there Gaz.

I hold a small parcel and have done so for a while now. I bailed before it fell into the 30's previously and did not load up due to uncertainty all around at that time.

Chart is looking good with good MAC, RSI, EMA's, but OBV is not really doing its thing which makes me a little suss, but TA a side, the FA will prevail on this on in good time.

asc4, I dont worry too much about native title as Tony and the gang are like family to the locals there and PLV run a clean ship when it comes to playing ball.

Besides holding a small parcel, will look at entry again for sure as I PLV is a great set and forget stock, but I look forward to gradually seeing new Highs as the fundamentals prevail.

Good to see you on board here Lew :)

asc4
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey drilly,

good to know that you're confident in the PLV/mayala relationship.

That chart must be looking even better now! Up again on good volume. :)

drillfix
02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi asc4,

You bet, confident ok.

And yes, at this moment in time, the chart looks Superb, although I think at the moment its technical buying, along with anticipated news that sometimes drags out and can take time.

Wish I had a few spare bob to throw at this as all the sign posts say BUY, BUY. or they did yesterday, things might ease a bit, as if it runs too hard (as it did before) look where that got the stock, into a profit taking frenzy sell off with new that then came out that maybe should have allow it to naturally climb, rather than race.

I used to hold 2 positions in PLV, a trading position and a holding position. I now only have a small parcel but when possible will work towards in increasing my position.

Cheers :)

Pelm1
11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi

Looking good atm.

Native title will be key.

Have a look at the last line of this article... "http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/pluton-pursues-iron-ore-island-deal-off-western-australia/story-e6frg8zx-1225945867345

The negotiations for a fair compensation package for the local people are under way and Schoer says his good relations with the native title holders mean he is confident one will be reached.

"I've got no doubts on the prospects (of an agreement), no doubts whatsoever," he says.

Not often that you see Tony Schoer give such a definative statement.

Lots happening ...

In the next few weeks we should see...

Native title.
Hardstaff Jorc increase, a 20% upgrade will do me :)
Isthmus drill results.

In the next few months we should see...

The deal with the JTC announced for funding of CapEx on Irvine for a large minority stake of the project.

Pelm1
23-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Lots happening ...

In the next few weeks we should see...

Native title.

In the next few months we should see...

The deal with the JTC announced for funding of CapEx on Irvine for a large minority stake of the project.

Well who would have thunk it..............

Native title done and dusted .......

Beer o'clock....:t_up:

Cheers ..

lewinsky
23-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi Palm1

A good hurdle achieved.

I will have a quiet Summer Ale (or 2) and be quietly thanking you and the d/f for bringing this on to my radar screen.

Thanks

drillfix
18-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Df

Your target of $1.20 to $1.30 equals a market cap of 187 mill to 202 million so we are pretty close to each other... Other posters can join in lol.... Technically the gaps look like they will make good targets but will provide little restistance imo..

A 161 fib extention from 95 down to 40.5 gives a target of $1.28, ... the question is.... when will we hit the 261 fib extention???

Also the 50 fib retrace from the high of 2.51 to .14 is $1.33

So I agree with your TA

I do not think that there were any studies done on Cockatoo or Koolan prior to mining, in those days it was a lot different, the environment didn't really matter. The Lib's in WA are very pro jobs and development at the moment so the process of the EPA has been streamlined but a full study is still required, just a little less red tape.

Time will tell how "right" this all is...

Back later..

Cheers ..

Hi Pelm,

Mate well done for the call that was made and it looks like both the TA and FA on this stock is working out to a Tee.

Or at least, nearly, I think we said by Xmas 2010 but we have been running a few weeks late, yet I cant seem to find the chart I posted previously, ahh well, can check later as its got to be one of those links/charts out of all the ones posted here.

Give my regards to Tony and the hc thread over there, I see there are "many" new faces with both rampers and downrampers.

Go

Pelm1
22-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Hands up who is going to apply for their maximum?

I am ;)

A very exciting few months coming up.

drillfix
22-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Hands up who is going to apply for their maximum?

I am ;)

A very exciting few months coming up.

Hi Pelm,

Good to see you back here posting mate.

Well, good to see ya keen as ever with PLV, I am still have a small holding and this would be an excellent opportunity to top up on some PLV which offer is priced at 78c which also is currently below Major Support and just below the 200EMA as well.

I do have some technical concerns with PLV at the moment though which is the stock needs to Pop its head past 97c, or a $1.00 would be better to make a newer high, because as it stands as I write this post, PLV is in a down trend however, I believe in the Fundamentals on this one and support the stock and the management whom run the company which is a fine example of both transparency and communication with both shareholders and the markets.

Dont know if I will take out full entitlement, but I will be taking out at least half to 3/4 entitlement depending on how funds stack up. I do have concerns about many people taking out full entitlement and then dumping that onto market for a quick buck, but I guess it doesn't matter which stock you take placement in, as you will always get that. But more so, my concern was that if subscribers dump and are not aware of the support levels, then they may not understand what Technical Risks they are taking for their overall investment.

Last time we posted on PLV regarding Technicals with the Target of $1.30 by December 2010, we were out by approximately 2 -3 weeks. Yet we did manage to hit that target so round of applause to you and me and TA for the call considering we were at 40c -50c at the time.

Will post more Technicals and chart with potential targets and findings and commentary a little later today or over the weekend regarding PLV.

In the meantime, good to see ya Pelm :)

Pelm1
22-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi Drillfix

Yes still very keen, been buying a few here and there :) I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anymore but I will be taking the full entitlement.

From a TA view point, the long term chart looks good to me.

I believe that the price has been held back by a seller knowing that there was going to be a raising, they were pushing it lower to try to get stock in the CR cheaper. The sell depth has 17 seperate 10k sell offers and even a 300,000 at $1.30, it will be interesting to see if those sells stick around now that that strategy is not going to work. The stock is illiquid so it is easy to do, especially if you have a few million already....Stay under 5% and you can stay under the radar.

The production options that are being looked at are very interesting.

It will be a big year for PLV, I reckon.

Cheers ..

drillfix
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Looks like some imminent news on the way for Pluton which the board will issue on Friday it reads like (from the last ann)

Perhaps a good chance for some to do a nice swing trade sell the news, or perhaps sell half and keep half the news.

Looking forward to the companies progression all the same.

Any other folks out there holding any PLV ? (besides our good mate pelm :) )

drillfix
01-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Nobody?

Oh well, no doubt this will be the last chance this week to get them below 80c for potentially till only god knows when or if.

But dont take my word for it, Mr. Market at the end of the day/week/month/year always has the final say.

Last chance to convert some of you Oiler types over to the Rock Foundation here by spreading into some diversity.

C'mon guys, dont be shy, I know you can do it...LOL

drillfix
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Anybody?

LOL, ahh well, I wont bother about the story of water and a horse, nor the island of iron ore that will re-rate very soon :)

drillfix
03-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Anybody?

Guess I am on my own on this one (besides you pelm :) )

Am expecting an announcement out by the end of day or first thing Monday regarding the FS.

Last drinks at the bar anyone? or anyone who wants a ride to where ever then please sound off :)

Have a nice day and will (fingers crossed) hopefully see ya way above 80+c upwards. I dont ramp much but thats my ramp for the day...LOL

Cheers~!

drillfix
03-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Me again folks.

Ok are some of you listening as some buys have gone through, sound off now, who are you, who is in?

Ann due, nice strong close and potentially the fastest profit in a couple of hours, just by selling the close even if you want quick profits, IMO

Watch it, and dont say I never told you. Fortunes favour the brave, with this stock, on this day, in these last 2 hours. You watch and see~! :)

ps: so you know, once we hit 76.5c then the hourly will also turn upwards crossing the 13ema as also the daily going back on track.

Read this: it says it in the 2nd paragraph.

http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/asxdata/20110527/pdf/01184245.pdf

drillfix
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Well then folks, no Announcement as yet and I would have thought our most good dude Tony and board would have got this one out prior to the weekend for the market to have a good think about.

Ahh well, it dont matter PLV board, Monday is always a nice day to give the market a Flaunting with your News.

As its all good that what is to come, I mean, Surely~!

drillfix
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
It seems every time I turn my head, this PLV thread ends up on Page 2 back. Good to see a whole bunch of followers here...LOL

Well, looks like I got it wrong with my what now stands as a ridiculous call regarding price, but maybe I am not wrong, but just not right at this moment in time with regards to being over 80c.

Seems there are no buyers around, and this seems to apply to many stocks as view watch lists and volumes of stocks with trades gone through etc.

Here is an extract summary from the PFS released today. (Thank You Tony and Board).

PRE-FEASIBILITY RESULTS SUMMARY

* Maiden Ore Reserve defined at the Hardstaff Peninsula.

* Stage 1 Mine Life of 11 years with a low strip ratio (less than 0.7:1).

* Subject to approvals production expected to commence Q4 2013/Q1 2014.

* Production of a pre-concentrate on Irvine Island averaging 40% total iron, with final
beneficiation to a high quality concentrate in Asia.

* Stage 1 production of 71Mt of pre-concentrate estimated to produce 40 Mt of final
concentrate product generating revenue over the mine life of ~ A$5.6 billion (2011$).

* Cash operating cost of A$63/t of final concentrate (excluding royalties).

* Estimated capital cost of A$700 million for Stage 1 Hardstaff Peninsula.

* Stage 1 estimated Net Present Value @ 12% nominal discount rate ("NPV12") of $A710M.

* NPV = $3.80/share ($3.40/share fully diluted).

* IRR = 38% ungeared (Stage 1 only).

Well, cant to much more except to let it ride to whatever or whenever it is to be, is to be.

Cheers~!

drillfix
06-06-2011, 12:55 PM
*** ouch ***

Corporate
06-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah big drop today Drill. The capex for stage one if quite high ($700m), many times the current market cap.

drillfix
06-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Corp,

Yeah, although what can we do about it, as a shareholder, not much, but it would have been good to at least understand Why it is nearly double of what was previously mentioned, but I dont know if we will get that either.

Who knows, not a nice day for any announcements for many companies, and the news to me still leaves many questions of which no doubt the HC crew will be arguing over rather than waiting for all the facts.

As always, time will tell.

drillfix
06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
20% down today at midday is not the best result for PLV in a long time, this has turned into nothing short of a complete nightmare for PLV long term holders.

Such are the markets though ehh~!

Corporate
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
20% down today at midday is not the best result for PLV in a long time, this has turned into nothing short of a complete nightmare for PLV long term holders.

Such are the markets though ehh~!

Yeah it's not looking great. I much prefer WPG to PLV!

I hope your doing well otherwise Drill, this market isn't nice at the moment. Can't decided whether to hold off buying or through some more cash at those that I believe are undervalued.

drillfix
06-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Now down 26.8%

This is shocking.

Corp, I have mainly cash out, but made a trade a took a hit today earlier. Not nice to see other holders continually dumping this as there does not seem to be a bottom here for PLV.

They showed so much promise for quite some time to only fall over like this with what appears to be "news that is a very different plan than what was meant to happen" as it has been said by some other holders.

I dont compare too many companies as I dont know the management of the other companies you mention, although looking at things now, I can wish I placed a bet on that WPG...lol Yet a bit late for that type of thinking.

Over all markets as you know are also not really helping. There is enough risk around now with many stocks testing their 52 week lows. Just look around and they are everywhere.

Think I will keep my fee on dry land for a while so the tide just dont suck me outbound.

Hope you are going well there too Corp and tread carefully where ever that may be~!

Corporate
06-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Make that 32% now!!!!

drillfix
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Actually at present its 40.52%

Shareholders must be spewing regarding the public placement at 78c

All I can say to that is fortunately for me, I never had the money, but the holders who took full placement would feel about gutted right now.

Not good and where is the support from the so called insto's? No where to be seen. An absolute disgrace whereby the small guy gets completely shafted again, IMO.

drillfix
06-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Well there we have it, the day has passed us now and co is at a mere 43.79% loss in the Red today, or should I say and Shareholders.

A dog company I would have expected to get slaughtered like this, but not Pluton., But if you ask me, PLV management are not accountable for the SP, but IMO they do have some serious explaining to do regarding why things are exactly going to cost Double than previously stated. And for the sake of holders, I hope they do not do what URA's Kate Hobbs does which is to simply just turn their back completely on its shareholders and say nothing forevermore or until it suits.

These markets can sure present danger at any given time which holds especially true for the speck end of town and its now given me something to think seriously about with regards to completely taking a break from the market.

As always time will tell.

Good luck to you Pelm, Satori and any other PLV holders out there.

percy
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I can't see why you would hold this share.I just had a look at charts,and it has been in a down trend since january,
50 day MA sell signal end of Feb,
30 day Ma sell signal mid of Feb,
10 day MA sell signal mid of Jan.

soulman
06-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Drill, as you said before, PLV management are very good at communicating to shareholders but there is a flip side to this. Management talking up the shares and telling lies.

I mean a CEO could trade up the shares to $1 plus and dump it before this announcement all because he or she knows the CAPEX was going to be a monster.

drillfix
06-06-2011, 09:22 PM
I can't see why you would hold this share.I just had a look at charts,and it has been in a down trend since january,
50 day MA sell signal end of Feb,
30 day Ma sell signal mid of Feb,
10 day MA sell signal mid of Jan.

What makes you think I am holding this share now?

Good observation about the down trend but Percy, I think a lecture from you is not what I need, but thanks anyway yeah~!

drillfix
06-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Drill, as you said before, PLV management are very good at communicating to shareholders but there is a flip side to this. Management talking up the shares and telling lies.

I mean a CEO could trade up the shares to $1 plus and dump it before this announcement all because he or she knows the CAPEX was going to be a monster.

SM, I dont think Tony has sold any shares he has accumulated, that he does add on what appears to be a regular basis.

With regards to the communication, well yes, this has me Stumped and it goes to show that there always is a flip side.

All of this on top of not very healthy markets is leaves many with a bad taste for investing in general. IMO

percy
06-06-2011, 09:30 PM
What makes you think I am holding this share now?

Good observation about the down trend but Percy, I think a lecture from you is not what I need, but thanks anyway yeah~!

Last thing I would do is give you a lecture.
.please take the you out of my quote.
Just I have read some of the posts on this thread today,and was curious,why the surprise.?

drillfix
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Last thing I would do is give you a lecture.
.please take the you out of my quote.
Just I have read some of the posts on this thread today,and was curious,why the surprise.?

No worries Perc.

The reason or cause behind the fall is quite simple. Not a technical trigger but rather a primary Fundamental trigger in the news of the cost to produce the Ore has since Doubled and the time to potentially go into production has increased by another Year or so.

Its funny how folks would not sell at 70c for a while, but then as price broke through 70c to each 5c or 10c level lower it would still attempt to bounce yet failed all the way down to 42c continually.

Back to the surprise, well that transpired into disappointment rather than surprise.

What a complete Circus HC can turn into once a stock either rallies or takes a hit there then appears to be many opinions from all sorts of levels on both Technicals and Fundamentals with some pretending to be Experts whom have never held and suddenly they know it all.

Many whom only still wish to encourage more falls, damage or loss in SP to long term holders so they can try to pick up cheap stock in desperation.

I dont actually blame them for wanting stock cheap, but the type of deception they post to aid in getting it seems to be what I have a problem with.

So, thats part of the story anyway Percy, I have a very small parcel in my Long Term account that I just cant be bothered selling or caring about and I took a punt on the Fundamentals on this stock being favourable and I was completely wrong. I took a gamble and I lost and took a hit. But fortunately I sold early in the day, as in very close to just past open, but it hurts nonetheless.

I still continue to have concern for those who have and do hold long though, as I have kind of kept watch on the PLV story, yet not enough obviously to be fooled by what has just happened, which with speck companies as we all know, can happen.

drillfix
07-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Here is a daily and weekly chart for PLV.

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qhiltnmgnms46rkkhu02_PLV.png

Question I really wonder, was yesterdays push off the cliff aka: huge red candle, with a 40%+ sell of warranted ?? Or is it simply a combination of over reaction and misguidance along with paranoid sentiment over global markets included?

Regardless of what it is, if a further decline occurs then I would put a potential bounce zone (if such thing comes into play) at 34c by viewing the weekly chart.

Would be good to hear some views from the company and know of the other 5 players that are also have been talking to Pluton regarding JVs or whatever. Lots of unknowns at play here still and as much as holders deserve some info on the misguidance of the double of cost and capex I believe there will be some viable news there to be soaked up at some stage which could easily see the Co getting back to 60c in due time, just not right now.

gazprom1
07-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Here is a daily and weekly chart for PLV.

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qhiltnmgnms46rkkhu02_PLV.png

Question I really wonder, was yesterdays push off the cliff aka: huge red candle, with a 40%+ sell of warranted ?? Or is it simply a combination of over reaction and misguidance along with paranoid sentiment over global markets included?

Regardless of what it is, if a further decline occurs then I would put a potential bounce zone (if such thing comes into play) at 34c by viewing the weekly chart.

Would be good to hear some views from the company and know of the other 5 players that are also have been talking to Pluton regarding JVs or whatever. Lots of unknowns at play here still and as much as holders deserve some info on the misguidance of the double of cost and capex I believe there will be some viable news there to be soaked up at some stage which could easily see the Co getting back to 60c in due time, just not right now.

Hey DF,

What have you done to the SP mate?? It is in complete freefall. I see it touched 34.5 a few minutes ago. Not sure any support will hold at the moment. The capex has obviously spooked investors and with the markets nervous anyway, investors are just dumping.

Overall market is anus horribulus. Few quality stocks are holding up ok.

Hope you're well over there.
Gaz

JBmurc
07-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey DF,

What have you done to the SP mate?? It is in complete freefall. I see it touched 34.5 a few minutes ago. Not sure any support will hold at the moment. The capex has obviously spooked investors and with the markets nervous anyway, investors are just dumping.

Gaz

If your a contrarian investor your be bullish on jnr resource companies the market sure doesn't like them even though the resource valves are all at or near highs very few are being priced at fair levels these days

drillfix
07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey DF,

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Yeah mate, me dumped so the market followed...LOL A very small modest holding :)

Yes not good and the market dont like it either, but then the market don't like itself so its a double bladed knife.

Speaking of Knives, yes that buy at the low of 34.5c you mentioned just happened to be me of course, to do some bounce trades.

Each to their own though and in the meantime, just going with the flow, which ever way that is.

Cheers for now Gaz :)

Corporate
07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Jeez Drill. Down another 20% today!!

drillfix
07-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Jeez Drill. Down another 20% today!!

Hi Corp,

Yep indeed mate, closed yet another 23.26% down in the Red yet again.

Did a quick scalp/bounce trade on this one today as I could not resist yet extreme caution imo is required. Having a live data feed and some intra day charts helps out a bit that for sure, and yet even then you may only escape at times by the skin of your teeth.

There are sell Bots jumping in before you many times when you want to exit. Which also makes it even tougher. Meaning, at the precise moment you go to sell, a sell order jumps in front of you. Who believes that the markets are not rigged? Well, they are and they are rigged in more ways than one or two, or three.

These markets are getting too touch to trade and I am becoming scared to put my hand in the cookie jar in case the lid takes my whole hand off.

As for PLV, I wish complete sympathies for the LT holders there whom put so much faith in the company, and now only to watch other threads out there now that seems talk of a debate about whether they were mislead or not.

This to me is a case of previously one thing was said, shown and the picture was painted and they were not even informed of a potential change of Capax due to the price of xyz, this or that, or whatever, which to me, Management must have known, yet failed to communicate this.

Anyway, will still be watching PLV to see how things unfold and to see if there will be any relief rally, be it short lived or recovery.

Huang Chung
08-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Sincrely hope no one was holding this week's losing quinella...Pluton and Bass Metals.

One would be bad enough, but holding both as they simultaneously blew up would be really hard to take.

drillfix
08-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi Huang,

Yeah, saw that gap down on BSM although it appears to have gone straight to support on the fall zone so maybe a bounce from there? Who knows in this climate.

PLV as you know has also been whooped. Made a buy based on the fundamental event which was quite stupid of me and paid the price and fortunately exited out earlier in the fall to take my medicine early so to speak.

Darn right though, if you held both of these the experience would leave you a bit more than completely gutted. Hope nobody is unlucky to be holding both.

Hope you are doing ok on many of your other stocks, but I would keep an eye on that PIR as it seems set to test the middle bolly band approx.

Huang Chung
08-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks Drilly. PIR was my 'blow up' for the half, but luckily in this case, humpty dumpty was able to put itself back together again.

Otherwise, just enduring this lull in the markets like everyone else.

gazprom1
15-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Huang,

Yeah, saw that gap down on BSM although it appears to have gone straight to support on the fall zone so maybe a bounce from there? Who knows in this climate.

PLV as you know has also been whooped. Made a buy based on the fundamental event which was quite stupid of me and paid the price and fortunately exited out earlier in the fall to take my medicine early so to speak.

Darn right though, if you held both of these the experience would leave you a bit more than completely gutted. Hope nobody is unlucky to be holding both.

Hope you are doing ok on many of your other stocks, but I would keep an eye on that PIR as it seems set to test the middle bolly band approx.

Hey DF,

How are ya doing? I am sniffing around PLV again and wonder if you have any thoughts about current SP. I have been following all the news and the market reaction. IMO it is overblown at this stage. MCap of only $55 million and we are only 18 months away from production IF funding progressess. I am picking a JV with someone major and that will sort out the funding issue. Will wait and see how the markets move this week and maybe an entry sub 25 cents.

Hope you're well.

Gaz

drillfix
15-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi Gaz,

Good question there regarding where PLV will land, but you could very well be right around the 25c mark approx as a base, or worst case scenario technically would be 15c yet that would take us back to a previous level back to 2008 also. I hope for current holders it does not come to that though, however it seems like an opportunity for some who believe and like the story at these prices.

As you know the stock has been rocked by the previous alterations with PFS and in some ways, anything could happen as these markets are both challenging and at for some dynamically adapting to these changes.

Good luck there Gaz :)

drillfix
02-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Well, some interesting developments since any last post here on ST.

Acquisition of Cockatoo Island from Cliffs for PLV to take care of the environmental matters, and they get the shooting match.

Will be interested to hear views on this.

There seems still to be plenty of downward pressure on the stock even with after today's news.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01214487

Pelm1
07-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi

it seems like an opportunity for some who believe and like the story at these prices. I did :)

Been a long time to wait since the PFS that undervalued the project and the market savaged the shareprice. Things do not always go the way we hope.

The coming news seems to be positive as it relates to Tranche 4 payment and funding the acquisition and development of the Cockatoo Island project.

This could be the start of production that could go on for many years on Cockatoo, stage 4 and 5 are pretty straight forward.. stage 5 will see the removal of the shiploader on Cockatoo... a cutback of the highwall and then maybe an underground operation could be the making of this company.

Loading the Irvine pre-con and Cockatoo DSO onto a bulky would be a sweet sight !!!

Bring on next week !!!

Hoping for a great reaction from the market but a mildly positive steady climb will do :)

Cheers ..

drillfix
11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi Pelm,

Good to see you again mate!

Say, is PLV expected to come on trading again at any specific day or is there something that has to happen prior?

Hope to see PLV move out of its consolidation phase into a trending phase!

Joshuatree
11-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi DF .PLV suspended on 4th april until 12th april(latest)"pending announcement in relation to finalization of negotiations with an investor group introduced by Timeone Holdings"

Pelm1
11-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi Pelm,

Say, is PLV expected to come on trading again at any specific day or is there something that has to happen prior?

Hope to see PLV move out of its consolidation phase into a trending phase!

Should be tomorrow.. :)

Cheers ..