PDA

View Full Version : begginer looking for advice on brokers/trading platforms

remy
25-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi all, im looking to get into FX, have done a bit of reading and have a few steve nisson videos on TA to watch over the summer, but the only real way for me to learn i think is to start doing the real thing.

Ive currently got trial accounts with cmc and fxcm micro. I wouldnt mind having a go at some commodities as well, hence being attracted to CMC but they seem to be quite pricey?

Can anyone recommended me some good brokers that are cheap, have small min trade ammounts and offer commodity cfds?

Also i see MT4 is advertised with a lot of brokers, i dont know much about TA yet but im learning, should i be looking at going with a broker that offers MT4?

remy
26-11-2009, 09:19 PM
guess these forums are pretty dead :P can anyone recommend any other good forex forums (local or international)

AMR
26-11-2009, 09:28 PM
There are a couple of threads in the newbie section with very similar questions...

forexfactory is a reasonable forum...

peat
26-11-2009, 09:34 PM
well yes it can be quiet here
but you also need to consider that answers to your questions have been done in the past and so the regulars arent necessarily prepared to repeat themselves. have you toiled your way through the existing threads? there is a wealth of information amongst the rest.

Oanda is suitable for beginners as it has a demo platform called fxgame which is in all respects like the live one, and it allows any size trade... can be a slight hassle getting funds to them but you can use Paypal which makes it easier. gold and silver are the only commodities though, and oddly they are not in the demo version.

the good thing about CMC (and there isnt that much good about them) is the variety of tradeables....

if I want an active forum I go to global-view

http://www.global-view.com/beta/forums/forum_cobrand.html

but sometimes I also find that too many other views can cloud my own

you should definitely check out Arco's blog tho.... he's clearly the master.

arco
27-11-2009, 05:05 PM
you should definitely check out Arco's blog tho.... he's clearly the master.

:)Thanks Peat for the vote of confidence.

Yes, we did quite well this week on the blog with 466 pips added and over 1000 pips I gave trade suggestions for but didnt add to the monthly total. I think tonight will be a casual night while we let the FX gods sort out their positions.

BTW. I had to wonder this morning when I heard Citibank had gone long Euro with a stop at 4950. I could see they were in for a caning. Geez dont they read my blog :D

remy
27-11-2009, 07:38 PM
thanks for your replies, will have a hunt around old threads :) and hopefully can start making enough sooner or later to suscribe to your website arco, will buy a trial month soon to see how i like it :)

arco
27-11-2009, 09:38 PM
thanks for your replies, will have a hunt around old threads :) and hopefully can start making enough sooner or later to suscribe to your website arco, will buy a trial month soon to see how i like it :)

Hi Remy
You will be most welcome
BTW. There's a guarantee of 200 pips a month or you get the next month for free.

Steve
29-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Ive currently got trial accounts with cmc and fxcm micro. I wouldnt mind having a go at some commodities as well, hence being attracted to CMC but they seem to be quite pricey?

Can anyone recommended me some good brokers that are cheap, have small min trade ammounts and offer commodity cfds?

I use CMC for my FX and have no problems with their platform or service over the years, although some from here say that they have had a few hassles with them.

piptrader09
17-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi remy ,

CMC are fine . I am a client of WSD-FX , they are an NZX regulated company and offer micro and mini lots to trade with . With a presence in Auckland ,they offer excellent customer support 24/5. For spreads your looking at 0.5 PIPS on EURUSD .