PDA

View Full Version : 2010 yearly stock picking competition...

Pages : [1] 2

Crypto Crude
02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Hello to all the sharetrader folk,

I would just like to welcome all posters to participate in the 2010 ASX stock picking competition...

first of all,
CONGRATULATIONS TO SUNTBOY FOR WINNING THE 2009 COMPETITION....

This year your client has asked for the investment of their funds into a portfolio of 5 ASX stock picks of equal weighting which are to come from your firm... This client had initially asked you to find 'Suntboy' so that he can manage this portfolio... BUT, as you have since discovered that Suntboy is now in hot demand, his fees have risen to excessive levels, and his 2009 performance has meant that he can not be contacted easily (probably because hes on some tropical island)...these factors have resulted in your firm not being able to have Suntboy manage this very important portfolio... This means that YOU will be required to make the 5 picks in this clients portfolio...hehehehe...... you have been asked to return the client a motza, a holy roller return, as big as possible...
and to the winner.... oh what spoils...

Your client has set out a few criteria to manage the risk of the portfolio...
If you choose to accept, you shall follow these rules...

(The rules follow standard guidelines)...

no stocks under 1c will be accepted...(too risky for your client)... hehehe...
Dividends will not be added to return...
takeovers will result in a new pick to the contestant, at the adjusted rate with new picks made quarterly...
5 stock picks only...
no options etc...
each stock pick will have a weighting of $10,000 (20% of portfolio)... ($50,000 in total for portfolio)...
so performance will be posted in percentage returns, and/or $ returns...
As I do not follow all stocks, Competitiors will be required to notify me of any change to specific stock selections, shall they change...(takeovers,stock spilts etc)...
Please PM me, or post here if there are changes...

all stock prices for the open of this years comp will be taken from the closing price of 2009... all closing prices at the end of the year will be taken from the last trading price on the last trading day of 2010...

ENTRYS WILL CLOSE ON THE OPEN OF THE FIRST MORNING OF TRADING ON ASX TIME..... NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR LATE ENTRYS.... GET YOUR PICKS IN NOW....

I will do my best to update monthly when I can...
:cool:
.^sc

drillfix
02-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi SC, sorry I havent got all you guys a Script that will Auto do these comps. Maybe by next year hey~!

OK as I missed out last year, I will be in First this year to post my picks.

1. PLV
2. BUL
3. BMN
4. NGE
5. CGV

Well, that will have to do I guess :)

Cheers~!

bermuda
02-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks Shrewdy. Loved your post and Happy New Year to you.

My picks are
TEX, Doubled its value in 2009 and will easily quadruple it in 2010. A great drilling partner in Hollimon.
VPE, The latest VPE presentation shows its value at $1.66. Recent BOW/VPE/BG transactions support this.
STX, Probably the most profitable small Aussie oiler with huge CSG upside. Replaces ITC.
BOW Worth $4.40 based on recent activities with a lot more to come.
BUL Even Stanwell bought in at 40 cents and that was before KOGAS ( the largest importer of LNG worldwide ) bought in.

Judging from the entries in so far ( up to ScrappyO), I think we will outperform the ASX by a country mile. It could be the big year for Uranium.

Hold BOW, BUL, ITC, STX, TEX, VPE, WCL...just love the WCL story and ITC should be taken over..

drillfix
02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Could each poster please write a brief outline as to why you have chosen each stock pick...

Shrewdy, do we have to write an outline??? What if we Technically believe something in the stock. ie: is about to breakout through resistance which then becomes support :p :rolleyes:

Crypto Crude
02-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Could each poster from now on please write a brief outline as to why you have chosen each stock pick... As we are always searching for stocks, it makes this process easier for all...
thank you...

NGE-a minnow positioned on Fairway PNG LNG, a world stage development.
CUE-production, appraisal, development, exploration...Maari supports downside...
ADX-Sambuca contracted rig, NZO connection, Romania,
PEN-near term Uranium production, leveraged upside...
OXX-swagga of WA permits, Gamble...
.^sc

JBmurc
02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
great work shrewd good to see you pick PEN my 5 fav to do well next year is hard to pick only 5 still better than 1

-PEN-U308 up incoming producer high grades good locations,management
-cvx-30mill in cash merge with COV likely good gold spec
-CFE-diverse resource investor has a good record of looking after S/H with asset sales.
-ROC-solid oil producer with china upside takeover target
-STX-US Nat gas producer,CSG,oil big year likely in 2010

Crypto Crude
02-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Drillfix-Shrewdy, do we have to write an outline??? What if we Technically believe something in the stock. ie: is about to breakout through resistance which then becomes support

I changed the post so that posters from 'now on' only have to write a quick outline... so you have been saved....

If you choose for TA reasons then you could quickly mention the TA reasoning behind that decision...
one line is ok...

As this is a yearly competition you would hope that those indicators remain in place for the rest of the year...
.^sc

buns
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM
First time entering one of these things

PEN, NGE, WCL, BCC and ISF for something different

hal
02-01-2010, 09:03 PM
My picks are:
NDO oil producer in Phillipines with big acreage
TON Startup gold explorer in W.A.
ADI Oil/gas play in Texas. Eagleford play with lots of activity now
KCN Low cost Gold producer in Thailand. Doubling production and pays dividends
BTA Biotech producer with cash and income from antiviral drug Relenza. New products under in vearious stages

Thanks
Hal

Skol
02-01-2010, 09:09 PM
NGE - A loser that must be due for a turnround.
BUL - Hedging my bets in case oil makes a run.
VBA - you guys know I love airlines.
AXM - A bad performer on the gold scene which may make a comeback.
NMS - Several new contracts signed recently.

Thanks Shrewd and Happy New Year

ScrappyO
02-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Shrewd my picks.....

1- WCU- Uranium production started,TSX listing coming up ,Hoping for a lift in Uranium price.
2- HTM- Gold..JV to be signed then a focus on producing. Always pick it so oneday it will shine.
3- ROG- CSG first well coming up...Acreage amongst some CSG big boys.
4- MAK- Phosphate...Started mining.
5- AKK- Small oil and gas producer. Pirie#1 well to be drilled april could be the kick AKK needs.

Thanks
ScrappyO

shasta
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Shrewd my picks.....

1- WCU- Uranium production started,TSX listing coming up ,Hoping for a lift in Uranium price.
2- HTM- Gold..JV to be signed then a focus on producing. Always pick it so oneday it will shine.
3- ROG- CSG first well coming up...Acreage amongst some CSG big boys.
4- MAK- Phosphate...Started mining.
5- AKK- Small oil and gas producer. Pirie#1 well to be drilled april could be the kick AKK needs.

Thanks
ScrappyO

Cheers Shrewdie for doing this...

BSM - Profitable resource minnow, due for re-rating
GIR - Exciting undervalued Iron Ore company
MAK - Phosphate's day in the sun = 2010?
OEL - My favourite O&G play, Gas revenue in 2010
RDR - Diversified miner - interesting lithium project

Huang Chung
02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
My picks for 2010:

GIR - Should be a solid performer driven by more news on McPhee Creek and port and rail access. See GIR thread.
NGE - Prime location for discovering significant amounts of hydrocarbons.
ADN - Pouring $3m into exploring the promising Rover gold/copper field, near Tennant Ck in the NT. Share Price currently knocked down on a bad drill result.
HGO - Solid company transitioning to copper producer and with large gold exploration upside in Indonesia.
BFE - Will start exploration for lithium in a known lithium provence in Namibia. Small market cap.

Cheers

HC.

ELYOB
02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
TAP - oil & gas producer ; explorer for elephants 2010 ; undervalued
ADX - high risk / reward dog
CUE - going higher with Maari as support ; PNG? and NWS on the way
TXN - going to be a hit in the shale's
JPR - Kazakhstan one hit chancer ; LOOKING AT 12c

Thank you Shrewd Crude for the effort

KentBrockman
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
MNC - may sit on a massive copper deposit in South America, Cu price currently in nice recovery
RAW - small unappreciated oil explorer with promising NZ assets, also CSG in QLD, small mcap
ACZ - tightly held WA gold explorer with promising portfolio
RRL - gold and iron, emerging producer, gold may yet rise further with potential trouble for US$
CYS - gold exploration portfolio in promising neighbourhood

drillfix
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Hmmm, can I create another profile :eek:, As I need to add another 5 x 5 profiles ...LOL :rolleyes: :p

bear
03-01-2010, 01:00 AM
my picks for 2010

MAK
VPE
CFE
ANQ
LNC

thanks Bear

scorp57
03-01-2010, 01:26 AM
VPE
BOW
URA
PEN
MOL

They all speak for themselves...

steve fleming
03-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Am backing sub-$10m micro-caps for multi-bagger returns....

PGC - m/cap $5m - re-rate based on significant revenue & profit growth
SMN - m/cap $7m - big year ahead with multi-national partner
EPS - m/cap $5m - quality restructured gold play backed by Macquarie
AVB - m/cap $8m - producing copper in 2010 + ni upside
WCN - m/cap $4m - progressing a number of potentially co.making projects

Cheers SC

Brut
03-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Thanks Shrewdy for running this comp!

My picks are: BUL, NGE, VPE, IGR & PEN

gazprom1
03-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks SC and Happy New Year.

1. HZN - Maari oil revenue, no debt, great JV partner in PNG. Conseravative pick but will perform in volatile market.
2. VPE - big 2010 drilling program, options will be out of the way, lots of 3P will be proved up and some 3P to 2P, has been out of favour.
3. NGE - some of the best acreage in PNG - oil and LNG, share price down in last quarter due to SPP and market sentiment, good JV partner in PNG. (2-3 bagger for 2010?)
4. TAP - strong oil revenue, has been a relative underperformer despite rally in December, big potential company making drill in 2010.
5. BOW - aggresive drilling program for 2010, SPP at $1.25 out of the way, heaps of cash, will outperform target 3P and 2P reserves which will lift the stock, savvy management.

Dividends will not be counted has thrown CFE out!!!!

trackers
03-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Cheers shrewdy:

NGE - 2010 could be a company maker for NGE if mgmt pull their heads in - high upside
BUL - oversold considering acreage and drill results so far
TAP - some high impact drills planned for 2010 for TAP and a rerating gathering steam
OEL - wildcard
TSV - wildcard

skeet
03-01-2010, 10:39 AM
JPR - Exploration oil drilling in progress going into production in 2010
SBL - Gold company finishing up drilling in Ghana in the Ashanti Belt
EQX - Coal company looking for new prospects in Indonesia in 2010, top new managment onboard
HTM - No need to explain this one!
BCC - Oil and Gas in texas, ended 2009 on a good note.

shawsie
03-01-2010, 11:17 AM
and the winner is..

BUL will certify, then get rid of Prime overhang, then do a "BOW"
HAN a ta pick,trend is my friend
CFE ditto
PPP adventurous if naive explorer, will have learnt from vietnam, the new nzo
TEX saw it, should have been on it, has a lot of upside

currently 100% cash/inv property, but will put 50k into these puppies and not touch till 31/12/10. happy to show provenance not that anyone will care.

anyone else going to back their horses?

Year of the Tiger
03-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks Shrewdie for taking on this comp.
I haven't been following the ASX too closely so will just pick a few favourites here.

CVN - Have followed this with some "monopoly money" and return looks ok so far.
BOW - Have been in and out of this share more often than I care to count.
DYL - Always a favourite and picked it in 2009 comp.
HTM - Have some HGD so have to back it's Aussie rep.
JRL - Been watching this one from a distance.

Cheers,
YOTT

percy
03-01-2010, 12:53 PM
BLR uranium mining in colorado
ADX romanian oil with eight prospecting licenses.
PGC health and aged care sector.thank you steve fleeming.
OXX geoff albers run co.a shrewd crude old oiler.
TEX thanks bermuda looks a fun oiler.

WASL
03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Happy New Year Shrewdy,

My picks are:
CSV
MOS
NQM
SOO
MAH

Cheers

WASL

aussie joe
03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
My picks are:

ags
gir
aru
pdn
ntu

Jay
03-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks SC

Mine are BOW
CUE
VPE - has all been said about those 3
SEK - better economic times ahead??
HTM - Hoping for the outsider to come in

rev
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi

CFE
CKK
CUU
ITC
MAH

(Recent buyer of CFE and CKK. Longterm juggler of CUU.)

Cheers - and happy new year.

rev.

COLIN
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Right, here goes:

CFE
GIR
ACL
ACR
CSX

Most of you seem to have gone almost exclusively for the oils and minerals. My last three are biotechs - at fairly advanced stages of development, and incidentally all carry consensus "buy" recommendations on the Reuters survey, as a matter of interest, (that is not the basic reason for my decision to include them, but it does give added confidence, even though I tend to be distrustful of "expert recommendations" these days.)

I currently hold each of these, so my money is going where my mouth is. Of course, that doesn't mean I will still be holding them at the end of 2010, which does mean that the nature of a competition such as this, is somewhat meaningless in terms of wealth accretion. But, thanks for organising it, all the same. Good fun.

Aotea
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Cheers Shrewdie...and happy new years.

Heres my picks and for the record I hold them all, so you can publicly watch the rise or demise of my investments!

HTM- nothing needs to be said here, once a JV partner is announced, it will break 10c
ESI- massive potential, and my retirement fund...some big contracts signed already for IP, once China buys in this will be huge.
URA-good potential, drilling results to come, shame about the management
KAS- Watch this one go north! Tin reserves are low, very few new developments coming online, good grades.
TEX- Well, as Bermuda said, TEX is bound to boost!

yogi-in-oz
03-01-2010, 03:56 PM
:)

Hi folks,

Happy New Year 2010 ... !~!

Many thanks to SC for picking up the slack and taking on
record-keeping duties for this comp ... :)

..... 5 picks for 2010:

INP ... oiler ... good partners ... rounding bottom on chart ... positive cycles in 2010

HLX ... goldie in a slow uptrend ... several positive time cycles in 2010

SSN ... oiler ... trigger for positive time cycles, due in mid-March 2010

PAX ... geothermal ... good volumes and several positive time cycles due in 2010

CNN ... bioplastics ... trigger for positive time cycles, due in mid-March 2010

Happy trading to all, in 2010 ..... :)

have a great day

paul

P.S. ..... CUE should be booming, around 08-12022010 ... :)

=====

Paddie
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi Folks,

BOW-Oustanding management 52 well programme for 2010, and will over deliver
VPE-Company values it shares at $1.66 BGas on board looks set for a big year
ITC-Again undervalued had a succeessul drilling campaign, will be rerated
PEN-My uranium pick good acreage and grades
AOE-Very solid well run company with Shell on board, might end up taking out BOW?

Thanks Shrewdy as I imagine there is a fair amount fo time invoved in running this competition.

Regards
Paddie

Kees
03-01-2010, 06:18 PM
my picks are.
AEZ
CER
CNP
VPG
NWE

Corporate
03-01-2010, 06:54 PM
THanks SC

EWC
NGE
BCC
BOW
WCL

mark100
03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
My picks are

ROK: small regional bank primed for takeover
TCM: coal is in favour, low MC and Chinese backing
ATQ: coal again, low MC
AOE: takeover high probability
BOW: just to be different

Hoags
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks SC,

My picks for TwentyTen are pretty much O & G with a touch of precious metals.

BOW - drilling program, management, cash
CUE - exploration and development program
NGE - great locations
TEX - H71+
AZS - great locations and permits

Hoags

03-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I'll try with..

VPE
CUE
TCM
PEN
PTM

Thank you.

clips
03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
my darts have landed on

nwe .. i've got some so needs a shunt
dls .. as above
vpe .. must be due for an offer
gry .. a little bird told me,, next door to a proven find ??
ncm .. a dash of conservatism

cheers

ratkin
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Acr
ipl
qbe
wow
mbn

corporateraider
03-01-2010, 08:25 PM
And my picks:

ALK- huge rare earth resource getting closer to mining
GIR - so many exciting iron ore prospects
MAK - should commence mining
OGC -will be re-rated as hedging expires. Should increase gold resources. Didipio?
VMS - significant drilling in progress for tin, tungsten and iron ore. Current JORC resource will probably at least double

Thanks SC!!!!

upside_umop
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks, but you could have offered to help with the spreadsheet that we talked about and that I posted about not two weeks ago with rebalancing each quarter. Instead we have the same old competition albeit a little diff from last year. Anyway, if you do decide to change it we could have quarterly portfolio rebalancing fitted into this competition quite easily.

My picks:

BOW - For the same reason as most...its a CSG leverage play. Also, AOE broke its downtrend on the last trading day which I consider significant as its the largest and the 'proxy' CSG company. Also, FEED due early 2010 which will make CSG fly - if it proves good. I'm picking BOW over AOE as even though CAPM doesnt hold, there is a 'beta' effect with the likes of these companies. Line the CSG ones up and you will see the sensitivities. Disc: Dont have any...yet

WCL - I had some of these and sold them. Got sick of them...but will buy some more and wait to see what the script offer is going to be like. WCL are potentially asking s/h to front up in excess of 100% of invested capital if its market cap stays this low...could see a bit of supply demand imbalance unless the big guns like what they see. Disc: Have none currently.

LNC - I've had a few of these out of interest and am currently down a little bit. The longer I've held, the more I've learnt...it has so much potential, but can we really trust CEO Peter Bond? He's said things and said things...asset sale in next few weeks etc etc and its never happened. Still, they've got proven technology for synthesis gas as feedstock in a gas-liquids plant with operating costs at $28 USD a barrel. The important thing will be the capital expenditure needed for a 20,000 bbl per day plant, which will be coming through in early 2010 hopefully. They've also got the Gailee basin asset for sale with open cut coal mine potential for over 1 billion tons of coal recoverable...they have two other assets for sale too, but Gailee is their premier asset. Potential to sell for greater than the market cap of the company, which would provide all the necessary funding for the first plant and beyond. Disc: have some...but may drop if PB doesnt come trumps.

NGE - As you guys have said, its in prime PNG LNG country. Even though shrewd you dont like oil in PNG, its definitely worth more on the world stage and more profitable. Technically, broken its downtrend, so has its proxy OSH and with funding through for OSH things only look up for them and all of PNG oil/gas plays. NGE is more leveraged than OSH but management certainly arent? Disc: Hold none. May do soon though..

WCU - ASX's newest uranium producer (well, uranium ore anyway). This is kind of to their benefit as they havent had to spend the capex on a milling plant and thus are purely into getting uranium out of the ground. Located in Utah, they were given the first uranium mining licence in umpteen years and got production underway in under 18 months since IPO - a tick for management. Their options due to expire this month are fully underwritten by CPSS...a bit of a vote of confidence there too. Anyway, I've got a few options, currently down and a few heads. Need more info with regards to productions costs/revenue etc before committing more...but with their track record, they have potential!

So yeah, those are my picks. Others that are good and that I could of potentially picked are AOE, CUE, PEN, CXY, AWE, BPT, OEX?, TAP & ESG that i can think of. The ? is that I just dont know enough about them...the rest are covered in my picks already and account for similar upside but probably not the same leverage. So yeah. Hoping I've got a slightly different combination than someone else...nice to be different!

Maybe you could do a spreadsheet like I did last time SC and it would keep it up to date automatically. Just thoughts. Cheers. Otherwise I can do one potentially in February if people found it helpful? I'm off to Vietnam until then from the 9th.

It goes without saying, DYOR.

drillfix
03-01-2010, 09:47 PM
UU, Sheez mate, I have seen some Prospectus with less info than that..lol :D

shasta
03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
UU, Sheez mate, I have seen some Prospectus with less info than that..lol :D

Everyone seems hell bent on the oil/gas price going up???

Herd mentality at play here :rolleyes:

bermuda
03-01-2010, 10:09 PM
UU,
This years competition is infinitely different. A Onestock comp is a bit of a stab in the dark. A FIVE stock competition takes a lot of thought and is definitely not the ' same old thing'.

UU, thanks for your help in this competition and if you could organise automatic updates that would be unbelieveable.

I thinks this has the hallmarks of being a very powerful competition. One , least I say , that just might shake a few Brokers up. I think our returns are going to be terrific.....but I have also said that after the Sydney Oil and Gas conference two years ago when everyone walked out on the final day expecting the triple digit returns promised by one of the leading private investment Brokers.....how wrong we all were. Be very careful out there. I think China and India and others will pull us through.

ps Have invested in all my picks. I reckon that should be compulsory.lol.
Thanks UU. And thanks Shrewdy for responding to my request so brilliantly. We are all indebted to you.

Rif-Raf
03-01-2010, 10:25 PM
BOW - Quality management. Record of overdelivering.
MPO - Good track record. Big upside in Canadian assets
STX - O&G/CSG with low risk and big upside.
MEL - Has been unloved but Kingfisher discovery marks turning point . Current weakness due to recent SPP
CUE - Support from Maari, with big upside from Artemis etc.

Would have had CFE in mix but expecting big dividend.

upside_umop
03-01-2010, 10:25 PM
UU,
This years competition is infinitely different. A Onestock comp is a bit of a stab in the dark. A FIVE stock competition takes a lot of thought and is definitely not the ' same old thing'.

UU, thanks for your help in this competition and if you could organise automatic updates that would be unbelieveable.

I thinks this has the hallmarks of being a very powerful competition. One , least I say , that just might shake a few Brokers up. I think our returns are going to be terrific.....but I have also said that after the Sydney Oil and Gas conference two years ago when everyone walked out on the final day expecting the triple digit returns promised by one of the leading private investment Brokers.....how wrong we all were. Be very careful out there. I think China and India and others will pull us through.

ps Have invested in all my picks. I reckon that should be compulsory.lol.
Thanks UU. And thanks Shrewdy for responding to my request so brilliantly. We are all indebted to you.

Cheers Bermuda, I was saying it was similar to other comps in that the NZX comp is five stocks, the sharechat hosted competitions that the brokers participate in are five stock year long competitions and are 'same old' in that respect. Only difference is this is ASX.

As you say one stock is stab in the dark, 5 stock is not. A 5 stock rebalance requires even more thought - if you want it to. A quarterly rebalance would resemble some peoples portfolios better as they dont all hold stocks for the whole year period and move around a bit. If you do hold a year long portfolio, no worries, keep it as is in the competition.

Thats all I was meaning...SC and I had discussed it, just wondering why he never replied to thread I started up a few weeks back and we could have 'combined' efforts.

I'll look into making an auto spreadsheet when I'm back.

Cheers.

seagull
03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi rrs-lmp-bcc-tta-cer Thanks

upside_umop
03-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Everyone seems hell bent on the oil/gas price going up???

Herd mentality at play here :rolleyes:

Or maybe developments + proving of reserves is just too tempting on some stocks...

Some would say the say same about you being hell bent on OEL :eek:

PS. PPP is still ahead ;)

bermuda
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Cheers Bermuda, I was saying it was similar to other comps in that the NZX comp is five stocks, the sharechat hosted competitions that the brokers participate in are five stock year long competitions and are 'same old' in that respect. Only difference is this is ASX.

As you say one stock is stab in the dark, 5 stock is not. A 5 stock rebalance requires even more thought - if you want it to. A quarterly rebalance would resemble some peoples portfolios better as they dont all hold stocks for the whole year period and move around a bit. If you do hold a year long portfolio, no worries, keep it as is in the competition.

Thats all I was meaning...SC and I had discussed it, just wondering why he never replied to thread I started up a few weeks back and we could have 'combined' efforts.

Cheers..

Thanks UU. I sure "hated" that one stock ASX competition. I had a go at the NZX 5 stock competition even though I havent touched that exchange for simply ages.Thanks for your explanation. I prefer a one to three year horizon and as you know I am not a trader. Would love a quarterly 5 stock competition but that sounds very complicated.!!

Cheers

Taijon
03-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the competition SC.

My picks are;
HGO -Huang Chang has said it all
ESG-potential takeover target
BUL - should rerate with proven reserves
EOS - more defence contracts in the USA likely
PMC - good management, poised to take off following SPP.

Ponda
04-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Yes, thanks Sc for this. Now my turn to have a stab.

BCN - A goldie that has a 74,000 ounce JORC. Very shallow gold finds and will continue to up JORC numbers as the year goes by. Next announcement comes up this week.

KOR - Another goldie that has a lot of acres and is in the process of selling/disposing its Uranium finds by IPO's and giving shareholders free shares. A company that is always informing its shareholders. HAsn't done much over the last few months but has the potential to go crazy

WCU - Uranium tenements in Utah. It's listing on the TSX will give it exposure to many millions of Canadians who love and understand uranium.

BCC - An oiler that could be sitting on a goldmine (wtf?) Well you know what I mean. Could re-rate very quickly, very soon.

BUY - An oiler who has PEP11 on the door step of NSW. Still a few more boxes to tick but is in a stable of very good JV partners.

Thanks again SC.

Shame to leave out PEN, HTM, VIL, AMP. I think that the banks are also going to do well.

Now, how do I set up another profile?? Whoops, thats right, it's a no-no.

macduffy
04-01-2010, 09:59 AM
And my thanks too, SC, for setting up this comp at short notice.

My picks:

BOW - It's all been said - steadily increasing resources in great ground.Likely takeover target.

CXC - Substantially increased production expected this year. PoS looks strong.

WCU - Exciting new uranium producer. (See Ponda's comments)

IGR - Production from Randalls getting nearer!

PLV - Irvine Is looks the goods.

Holding BOW,CXC and IGR. Others on my "to buy" list.

airedale
04-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Thanks for stepping forward, Shrewdy.

PLA....good platinum prospect in South Africa.Possible takeover target.
TTY... Closest source of iron ore in OZ for the chinese.
VPE...already well covered by at least another 12 punters.
CVN...pumping oil in Thailand.Exposure to increasing oil price
MEY...Uranium in Africa...[not uranium for Africa, lol]

Dr_Who
04-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Much harder to pick when stocks have gone up over 60% and commodities over 110% this year. Here is my Aussie diversified portfolio play for 2010.

Here goes nothing.

TGF - below cash reserve with huge potential
ELD - rural sector recovery
NUF - T/O play with potential Chinese/Jap battle for the company
GIR - Undervalue Iron Ore play
STO - Gas/Oil play under value with potential T/O play

disc: currently hold ELD and NUF, other on my watch list waiting for a fire sale.

Ketel One
04-01-2010, 10:38 AM
My hastily picked picks:

WCL - If their proposed plans go ahead they'll be a 140m mcap producing CSG company with good existing 1p-3p reserves and tenements in the right place with the right JV and with huge acreage to turn into reserves (Galilee basin). Very knowledgeable team too.
BUL - 813P & 814P are looking promising. Kogas. More good drilling results here and the SP can only go up.
BOW - management are kicking asses and taking names. Enough said.
ITC - This is my takeover pick - but I suspect it will go for less than some expect. They've had a dream run of drilling, and there's good reason to think it's going to continue.
TGF - Have the cash, merging with COV who have the gold. Big potential.

Currently hold 3 out of these 5.

tricha
04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
BPT - Oil and Gas producer

EMA - Uranium wantabe, one of the largest U deposits in OZ, the Japs quantified the resource, someone will want it.

NXS - Oil and Gas Producer

ROC - Oil and Gas Producer

TTY - Iron ore producer.

stz
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
My picks,

CAH - Emerging gold producer, starting production in July this year. SP weak after merger, good entry point.
CDU - Copper - A better than expected JORC should trigger a re-rating. (hopefuly coming soon!).
BCC - Small cap oiler, numerous prospects, cap raising out of the way.
BOW - Discussed above.
PEN - Emerging U producer, finance in place for production, JORC coming in June, low opex (ISR mining).

Good luck all!

Crypto Crude
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
upside umop- Thats all I was meaning...SC and I had discussed it, just wondering why he never replied to thread I started up a few weeks back and we could have 'combined' efforts.

Hey upside,
Im sorry I hadnt seen your thread...
as we were quickly running out of time the best thing was to just go ahead and jump in the deep end...

A spreadsheet is a good idea...
I would look forward to that when you get back from Vietnam... have a good trip...

Entries to the competition are only open for another 22mins...
.^sc

wns
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
CCV - Cash Converters
MOC - Mortgage Choice
MTS - Metcash
NAB - National Australia Bank
TRS - The Reject Shop

Thank you for running the competition SC!

Awamoa
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Since time is nearly up my quick entry is
DRA,STX,OZL,NMS,UXC

snowball
04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for organising SC. A bit on the run:
SGN - undervalued media company with great businesses and will get a boost when economic recovery more assured (probably 2H10).
NXS - don't think oil will rocket but great assets and a deal over Crux in 2010 will be the catalyst to re-rate.
MEL - CSG with undervalued NSW assets and management who massively undersell plus conventional gas to boot that hopefully continued patience will reward.
HGO - huge cash vs. mkt cap, copper project due 2011 funded in-house, potential upside from takeover of ESG and well managed.
MMX - iron ore with great potential and development funding secured but needs to be rid of CHM claim.

bermuda
04-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Shrewdy,
I reckon we should accept late enties until beginning of trade next Monday. And make an adjustment at the end of the year if necessary. A lot of interested guys are still on holiday. Existing entries stand. Over to you. Thanks for running this.

Everything looks good for a great year but we dont know everything and there will surprises for sure.

shasta
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Or maybe developments + proving of reserves is just too tempting on some stocks...

Some would say the say same about you being hell bent on OEL :eek:

PS. PPP is still ahead ;)

Good point :o

Though OEL is only a $75m market cap, with $11m cash (no debt)

As i don't see the oil price charging on in 2010, i've left my exposure to just 1 of the 5 picks.

Crypto Crude
04-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Bermuda,
I'm prepared to open up late entries for one extra day while I finish off compiling all the data.....
Tomorrow I will post all the open prices here...

Competition entries are open for one more day...

Competition entries close on open of the ASX tomorrow...
.^sc

Serpie
04-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I haven't really been paying attention lately, but I'll throw some old favourites in just for a laugh. May I please have (if it's not too late):

NWE
WCU
IMD
ISF
GBM

Good luck for 2010 everyone.

suntboy
04-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Being ineligible and not wishing to put a dampener on a great website I feel I can now post ,while investment wise it was the greatest year of my life by far , personally wise it was the lowest by far
my buisness failed and along with that went my 24 year marriage and 2 beautiful daughters xmas was meant to be spent with my one loving and loyal companion over the last 14 years my dog max .he went missing xmas eve and i spend my days looking for him
in a moment of what some may call madness i sold everything ( for very good profits ) and gave it all to my girls for their futures
life is dark and i live in my van , sorry to sound so glum but my message would be do not let the market rule your lives and never lose sight of the bigger picture
investment success does not mean a successful life
for the record my picks would have been
pem -good 1 year chart but 3 yr chart shows more to come
dtm
ccv -got my possessions for a song
bpo
nmr

goodbye from a sad Suntland

shasta
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Being ineligible and not wishing to put a dampener on a great website I feel I can now post ,while investment wise it was the greatest year of my life by far , personally wise it was the lowest by far
my buisness failed and along with that went my 24 year marriage and 2 beautiful daughters xmas was meant to be spent with my one loving and loyal companion over the last 14 years my dog max .he went missing xmas eve and i spend my days looking for him
in a moment of what some may call madness i sold everything ( for very good profits ) and gave it all to my girls for their futures
life is dark and i live in my van , sorry to sound so glum but my message would be do not let the market rule your lives and never lose sight of the bigger picture
investment success does not mean a successful life
for the record my picks would have been
pem -good 1 year chart but 3 yr chart shows more to come
dtm
ccv -got my possessions for a song
bpo
nmr

goodbye from a sad Suntland

Sorry to hear that Suntboy.

Of course we all need to realise that investing is only a small portion of our lives, & that there are far more important things than making profits.

Chin up & lets hope karma shows her hand for you

Ponda
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Suntland,
Dude if you are looking for a break and heading to sunny Northland. You are more then welcome to crash here.
PM me if you wish.
Take care

airedale
04-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Suntland, don't give up. You have been successful before, you will be successful again. I have supported a couple of mates through the John Kirwan black dog [depression] days and it is not easy but you can make it.
Keep up your interests, and another dog might help too.They are great therapy.
Good luck this year.

ronthepom
04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
here are my picks if not to late Shewdy. thanks

wcl bul oex aoe tex.

Dr_Who
04-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Suntboy

Life is a journey mate. You can come back better and stronger. I personally know a number of friends who have been through bad times. They pick themselves up and start again. With time they become a better person and grow stronger with age.

All the best. It can only get better from here.

steve fleming
04-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Bermuda,
I'm prepared to open up late entries for one extra day while I finish off compiling all the data.....
Tomorrow I will post all the open prices here...

Competition entries are open for one more day...

Competition entries close on open of the ASX tomorrow...
.^sc

Hi SC

Can you confirm, since the comp is open for one more day, that the open prices are still going to be the last close for 2009 as per your first post??

One of my picks (EPS) is up 35% today...so just wondering if that gain will be included, or will the open price for the comp be today's close??

cheers

bermuda
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi SC

Can you confirm, since the comp is open for one more day, that the open prices are still going to be the last close for 2009 as per your first post??

One of my picks (EPS) is up 35% today...so just wondering if that gain will be included, or will the open price for the comp be today's close??

cheers
Well done Steve. Your plus 35% is ok. But if a latecomer was to pick EPS I would imagine that his entry price would be that at the time of posting. I am pretty sure your namesake Shrewdy would agree. What a start you have made.

steve fleming
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Well done Steve. Your plus 35% is ok. But if a latecomer was to pick EPS I would imagine that his entry price would be that at the time of posting. I am pretty sure your namesake Shrewdy would agree. What a start you have made.

OK, thanks for that clarification Bermuda!

mattyroo
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
G'day shrewed,

For me;

CVN
NDO
STX
BUL
RMG

jdg
04-01-2010, 07:16 PM
really pleased for the extension, Shrewdy, i'm only just back in front of the computer.
i've taken a couple of favourites and a couple of outsiders.

ACL (love this one)
CXS (as above)
VPE (it's gotta come good, doesn't it...?)
AVX (because miracles can happen)
AVB (as above)

i hope everyone has a great year, particularly you, Suntboy. thanks for running the comp, Shrewd.

-j

Brut
04-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Serpie,

I'm not sure if one of your picks can be included in this years picks. GBM has been in Voluntary Suspension since 20/11/08. You had better check with the Shrewd One (maybe next year)

pago
04-01-2010, 08:29 PM
serpie,bit of fun ,ctp-oil/gas/helium .gir-iron ,rog-gas,pen-ur,blr-ur .

Serpie
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Serpie,

I'm not sure if one of your picks can be included in this years picks. GBM has been in Voluntary Suspension since 20/11/08. You had better check with the Shrewd One (maybe next year)

That's my wild card Brutus. Current price of 3.7c, although not trading. Looking to lift suspension after a cap raising. I'll talk Shrewdy into it over a CC.

Hopefully putting in my picks late means I'll get tomorrow's opening price for NWE?

rotweiller
04-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Hope I am in time - just down from my stint in the Fire Lookout and only 3 hours sleep New Years Eve.
Trust you all have a brilliant 2010.
My picks and have invested in them all.
ANZ - reckon they will do well in Asia
ECU - some heavies investing to give them a bright chance
LMP - has the NZ Csg tied up in my opinion.
MGX - a 10 bagger with results still to come.
UGL - going well in Aus. Crap in NZ.

Thank goodness the Chinese missed out on you Shrewdie, but dont let it go to your head.
Cheers

Huang Chung
04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi SC

cheers

Up 35% :eek:....

Shrewdy, DEFINITELY should take today's close as the starting point :D :D......

Crypto Crude
04-01-2010, 10:26 PM
steve fleming-Can you confirm, since the comp is open for one more day, that the open prices are still going to be the last close for 2009 as per your first post??

Hey Steve Fleming...
Did you know my dads name is Steve Fleming...
We get the old phone call here and there with others wanting to speak to the cricketer...
dad says "I used to play abit of cricket"... hehehe...
My dad is not so good at cricket, but he is amazingly special...
better than having a famous cricketer as a dad... for real...

anyway,
Late entries (after ASX open today) will have a starting price in the comp of closing prices of todays close...
Early submissions before todays open (including yours) will carry closing prices from the previous session...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
04-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I will accept GBM...
and as Serpie is a late entrant, his open price for NWE will be 3c...
I will put all the prices up tomorrow...
.^sc

drillfix
04-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Shrewdy,

Have you got yourself an Excel Speadsheet setup for this one, or even a web journal database script?

I would have thought the owners of sharetrader would have forked out a couple hundred to get it embedded into this site even.

Ahh well mate, your doing a fantastic job all the same.

Keep up the great work~! ;)

lissica
05-01-2010, 01:35 AM
For me:
AOE
CFE
ANZ
TAL
BSA

Thanks!

impacman
05-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi SC - hope the new year is treating you well. My picks if I may are:

STX
PEN
CXS
NMS
CUV

Cheers,

I-man

impacman
05-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Right, here goes:

CFE
GIR
ACL
ACR
CSX

Most of you seem to have gone almost exclusively for the oils and minerals. My last three are biotechs - at fairly advanced stages of development, and incidentally all carry consensus "buy" recommendations on the Reuters survey, as a matter of interest, (that is not the basic reason for my decision to include them, but it does give added confidence, even though I tend to be distrustful of "expert recommendations" these days.)

I currently hold each of these, so my money is going where my mouth is. Of course, that doesn't mean I will still be holding them at the end of 2010, which does mean that the nature of a competition such as this, is somewhat meaningless in terms of wealth accretion. But, thanks for organising it, all the same. Good fun.

Hi I think Collin meant CXS rather than CSX.

Cheers,

I-man

Corporate
05-01-2010, 10:44 AM
THanks SC

EWC
NGE
BCC
BOW
WCL

For the record I took BCC instead of CFE as dividends aren't considered for the competition.

kerryo
05-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks for extending :)

BCN
WCL
MNM
JPR
SMN

am invested in them all:D

drillfix
05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
For the record I took BCC instead of CFE as dividends aren't considered for the competition.

Ahh dont worry corporate, for the record, I shouldn't have picked half the ones I did, maybe 2 but the rest are showing all red today in this sea of green.

Trust me, what was I thinking when I chose (garbage), but anyways its all a hit and miss, the more money you got, the more you can afford to Hit and Miss..lol

Good luck with your picks all the same ;)

Corporate
05-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Ahh dont worry corporate, for the record, I shouldn't have picked half the ones I did, maybe 2 but the rest are showing all red today in this sea of green.

Trust me, what was I thinking when I chose (garbage), but anyways its all a hit and miss, the more money you got, the more you can afford to Hit and Miss..lol

Good luck with your picks all the same ;)

Ahha Drilly you should do alright with BUL and NGE. I don't know anything about your other choices.

It'll be an interesting comp.

Crypto Crude
05-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Here is a list of all entrants in no particular order, and the open prices...

Please post if there are any mistakes...

Drillfix - PLV .46 BUL .225 BMN .725 NGE .16 CGV .16
bermuda - TEX .065 VPE .31 STX .27 BOW 1.34 BUL .225
Shrewd crude - NGE .16 CUE .23 ADX .10 PEN .043 OXX .45
JBmurc - PEN .043 TGF .10 CFE .53 ROC .67 STX .27
buns - PEN .043 NGE .16 WCL .505 BCC .115 ISF .77
hal - NDO .185 TON .205 ADI .16 KCN 9.21 BTA 2.41
skol - NGE .16 BUL .225 VBA .59 AXM .036 NMS .65
scrappyo - WCU .265 HTM .029 ROG .036 MAK .46 AKK .05
shasta - BSM .255 GIR 1.46 MAK .46 OEL .067 RDR .665
huang chung - GIR 1.46 NGE .16 ADN .26 HGO .425 BFE .13
ELYOB - TAP 1.17 ADX .10 CUE .23 TXN .315 JPR .064
Kentbrockman - MNC .18 RAW .10 ACZ .20 RRL .68 CYS .29
bear - MAK .46 VPE .31 CFE .53 ANQ .26 LNC 1.60
scorp57 - VPE .31 BOW 1.34 URA .055 PEN .043 MOL .845
steve fleming - PGC .024 SMN .023 EPS .089 AVB .027 WCN .076
brut - BUL .225 NGE .16 VPE .31 IGR .26 PEN .043
gazprom1 HZN .365 VPE .31 NGE .16 TAP 1.17 BOW 1.34
trackers - NGE .16 BUL .225 TAP 1.17 OEL .067 TSV .014
yankiwi - ADY .015 HTM .029 POH .068 MST .02 SMC .025
skeet - JPR .064 SBL .03 EQX .30 HTM .029 BCC .115
shawsie - BUL .225 HSN .66 CFE .53 PPP .40 TEX .065
year of the tiger - CVN .615 BOW 1.34 DYL .31 HTM .029 JRL 1.10
Serpie - NWE .03 WCU .255 IMD .715 ISF .76 GBM .037
suntboy - PEM .685 DTM .12 CCV .66 BPO .04 NMR .065
kw - AMM .28 TPM 1.66 WEB 2.06 WTF 6.83 HSN .66
ron the pom - WCL .50 BUL .225 OEX .165 AOE 4.25 TEX .062
mattyroo - CVN .60 NDO .18 STX .29 BUL .225 RMG .014
jdg - ACL .70 CXS .985 VPE .32 AVX .165 AVB .028
pago - CTP .145 GIR 1.46 ROG .036 PEN .043 BLR .044
rotweiller - ANZ 22.89 ECU .325 LMP .135 MGX 1.66 UGL 14.60
impacman - STX .29 PEN .044 CXS .985 NMS .695 CUV .265
kerryo - BCN .022 WCL .50 MNM .04 JPR .06 SMN .023
percy - BLR .044 ADX .10 PGC .024 OXX .45 TEX .065
WASL - CSV 2.11 MOS .105 NQM .30 SOO .115 MAH .615
aussie joe - AGS .60 GIR 1.46 ARU .71 PDN 4.18 NTU .196
jay - BOW 1.34 CUE .23 VPE .31 SEK 6.90 HTM .029
rev - CFE .53 CKK .27 CUU .016 ITC .052 MAH .615
colin - CFE .53 GIR 1.46 ACL .72 ACR 2.18 CXS .985
aotea - HTM .029 ESI .041 URA .055 KAS .074 TEX .065
yogi in oz - INP .18 HLX .097 SSN .013 PAX .145 CNN .022
paddie - BOW 1.34 VPE .31 ITC .052 PEN .043 AOE 4.16
kees - AEZ .07 CER .165 CNP .29 VPG .12 NWE .033
corporate - EWC .395 NGE .16 BCC .115 BOW 1.34 WCL .505
mark 100 - ROK 2.55 TCM .37 ATQ .10 AOE 4.16 BOW 1.34
hoags - BOW 1.34 CUE .23 NGE .16 TEX .065 AZS .052
777 - VPE .31 CUE .23 TCM .37 PEN .043 PTM 5.55
clips - NWE .033 DLS .085 VPE .31 GRY .45 NCM 35.33
ratkin - ACR 2.18 IPL 3.55 QBE 25.60 WOW 28.00 MBN 2.50
corporateraider - ALK .35 GIR 1.46 MAK .46 OGC 179.5 VMS .37
upside umop - BOW 1.34 WCL .505 LNC 1.60 NGE .16 WCU .265
rif raf - BOW 1.34 MPO 1.345 STX .27 MEL .655 CUE .23
seagull - RRS .065 LMP .13 BCC .115 TTA .072 CER .165
taijon - HGO .425 ESG .825 BUL .225 EOS 1.05 PMC 1.70
ponda - BCN .021 KOR .17 WCU .265 BCC .115 BUY .085
macduffy - BOW 1.34 CXC 20.40 WCU .265 IGR .26 PLV .46
airedale - PLA 1.04 TTY .165 VPE .31 CVN .615 MEY .14
dr who - TGF .10 ELD 1.45 NUF 10.89 GIR 1.46 STO 14.09
ketel one - WCL .505 BUL .225 BOW 1.34 ITC .052 TGF .10
tricha - BPT .92 EMA .22 NXS .315 ROC .67 TTY .165
stz - CAH 1.39 CDU 5.04 BCC .115 BOW 1.34 PEN .043
wns - CCV .66 MOC 1.20 MTS 4.47 NAB 27.40 TRS 14.10
awamoa - DRA .098 STX .27 OZL 1.18 NMS .65 UXC .785
snowball - SGN .75 NXS .315 MEL .655 HGO .425 MMX 2.50
st top 5 - BOW 1.34 VPE .31 NGE .16 BUL .225 PEN .043
the machine - VPE .32 TEX .065 BOW 140.5 SER .024 KAS .084
Lissica- AOE 4.39 CFE .57 ANZ 22.25 TAL 2.88 BSA .32
moimoi- AGS .605 ALL 4.05 AMP 6.43 FMS .16 TRF .99
aurelian- ESG .955 CUU .017 SWK .585 MEO .50 ARM .92
financially dependant- VPE .325 CUE .235 AOE 4.39 TEX .069 NGE .15
novice- ALK .39 BUL .245 CTP .14 EWC .39 VMS .375
cam- PEN .045 TGF .10 TEX .069 NGE .15 OEL .078
odusty- QXQ .11 STX .31 WCU .26 CFE .57 MAK .565
tobo- STX .31 PEN .045 BUL .245 CUE .235 MCO .44
evilroyrule- BUL .235 TGF (CVX) .10 MPO 1.455 CXS .98 CFE .57
Jennym- MHM .28 CGV .145 GOA .034 TRH .365 CPL .355
absolute advance- AXM .036 MST .024 MNM .042 GGP .044 OEL .078
Lizard- ISF .77 MFG .91 AMO .505 GPG .6525 TWO 1.40
sparrow- FPA .50 TTR .073 BRW .064 CBH .145 WPG .315
clearasmud- BOW 1.475 TRF 1.05 IFE 1.10 ROL 2.62 ORE 1.45
phaedrus follower- HTM .025 RES .40 NGE .155 HGO .49 SEK 6.70
.^sc

the machine
05-01-2010, 10:33 PM
SC, if not to late to enter, then kas ser bow vpe tex

thanks

m

bermuda
05-01-2010, 10:43 PM
SC, if not to late to enter, then kas ser bow vpe tex

thanks

m

No problems with me. We'll adjust you if necessary! Like your picks.
Go on Shrewdy...say yes.

the machine
06-01-2010, 12:20 PM
No problems with me. We'll adjust you if necessary! Like your picks.
Go on Shrewdy...say yes.

hey bermuda, your liking of the picks, does that include ser & kas? which are the 2 stocks I own out of the 5

M

Crypto Crude
06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
BOW 15
VPE 12
NGE 11
BUL 10
PEN 10
GIR 7TEX 7BCC 6CUE 6HTM 6STX 6WCL 6CFE 5WCU 5MAK 4ADX 3AOE 3CVN 3CXS 3HGO 3ITC 3JPR 3NMS 3NEW 3TAP 3ACR 2ACL 2BCN 2BLR 2CCV 2CER 2HSN 2IGR 2ISF 2KAS 2LMP 2LNC 2MAH 2NDO 2OEL 2OXX 2PGC 2PLV 2ROC 2ROG 2SMN 2TCM 2TGF 2TTY 2URA 2ACQ 1ADI 1ADN 1ADY 1AEZ 1AGS 1AKK 1AMM 1ANQ 1ANZ 1ARU 1ATQ 1AVB 1AVX 1AXM 1AZS 1BFE 1BMN 1BPO 1BSM 1BTA 1CGV 1CKK 1CNN 1CNP 1CSV 1CTP 1CUU 1CUV 1CXC 1CYS 1DLS 1DTM 1DYL 1ECU 1ELD 1EOS 1EPS 1EQX 1ESG 1ESI 1EWC 1GBM 1GRY 1HCM 1HLX 1HZN 1IMD 1INP 1IPL 1JRL 1KCN 1KOR 1MBN 1MEL 1MEY 1MGX 1MNC 1MNM 1MOL 1MOS 1MPO 1MST 1NAB 1NMR 1NQM 1NTU 1NUF 1OEX 1OGC 1PAX 1PDN 1PEM 1PLA 1PMC 1POH 1PPP 1PTM 1QBE 1RAW 1RDR 1RMG 1ROK 1RRL 1RRS 1SBL 1SEK 1SER 1SMC 1SOO 1SSN 1STO 1TON 1TPM 1TRS 1TSV 1TTA 1TXN 1UGL 1VBA 1VPG 1WCN 1WEB 1VMS 1WOW 1WTF 1
.^sc

Crypto Crude
06-01-2010, 04:21 PM
above is a list of all the stock picks and the number of posters that made each stock pick...

in the comp I have added another entrant called 'ST top 5', which is our 5 most tipped stocks, these stocks are BOW with 15 picks, VPE with 12, NGE with 11, BUL with 10, and PEN with 10...

Machine is in...
.^sc

Huang Chung
06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Shrewdy

Excellent idea with the ST Top 5.

Does the collective wisdom come out on top? Guess we'll know 12 months from now :rolleyes:.

scorp57
06-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Theres always a dark horse, PEM (which I held and sold for $4.10 thank goodness) last year returning the best results is a good example...

I would be proud to have the ST top 5 as my portfolio! good luck to us all!

Crypto Crude
06-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Scorp,
are you still holding RPM...
:D
.^sc

Huang Chung
06-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Theres always a dark horse, PEM (which I held and sold for $4.10 thank goodness) last year returning the best results is a good example...

I would be proud to have the ST top 5 as my portfolio! good luck to us all!

Well, there are 65 entrants in the comp. How many will beat the ST Top 5 (and Scorp, by default)?

I'll say 15.

bermuda
06-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, there are 65 entrants in the comp. How many will beat the ST Top 5 (and Scorp, by default)?

I'll say 15.

Shrewdy,
Thanks for organising this. It will be so much fun. Why don't you send our top five picks to the Brokers and email the Press.

There is a lot of intelligent talent on these sites.

the machine
06-01-2010, 10:53 PM
thanks SC

M

bermuda
06-01-2010, 10:59 PM

I'll say 15.

HC, to be fair..,
This is a five against five contest.

I reckon Shrewdy should send a FORMAL note to a few organisations like the Press , NBR and Aussie publications and let them know what our best five are. I am willing to say we will beat the Brokers Hands Down.

Shrewdy , This is going to be a great competition.

drillfix
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Does this mean we can even still edit our picks, there are a couple of mine that sux. I think I was wacked on panadine forte' when making the choice. ARrhhhhggghhh.

Bermuda, you reckon were gonna whip Broker butt???

Dont think that will be too hard to do as all they care about is that you trade so they get your money. :rolleyes:

Huang Chung
06-01-2010, 11:37 PM
HC, to be fair..,

I reckon Shrewdy should send a FORMAL note to a few organisations like the Press , NBR and Aussie publications and let them know what our best five are. I am willing to say we will beat the Brokers Hands Down.

Shrewdy , This is going to be a great competition.

I'd add the Robin Bromby 'Pure Speculation' column in the Australian and Alan Kohler at the Eureka Report. You just never know.....

Huang Chung
07-01-2010, 12:33 AM
HC, to be fair..,

Hi Bermuda....I'm just interested to see if the 5 most popular picks end up being, collectively, the best picks :rolleyes:.

In any case, it's all just a bit of fun.

Brut
07-01-2010, 06:55 AM
I don't know if it is good or bad, but I picked 4 out of the top 5 stocks. All of which I currently hold...

Jay
07-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Will be an interesting contest.
With so many picking the same 3 or 4 it will be their 4th or 5th stock that will make the difference - who has got this right - time will tell

I hold a small position in each stock I picked this year (The exception being HTM as I have HGD) - peviously have not and then mostly suffered from " if only..."

moimoi
07-01-2010, 11:28 AM
SC...if i am not too late....

AGS
ALL
AMP
FMS
TRF

JBmurc
07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Shrewdy,
Thanks for organising this. It will be so much fun. Why don't you send our top five picks to the Brokers and email the Press.

There is a lot of intelligent talent on these sites.

I agree think some brokers would be made to look very stupid if NZ investors got better returns for free online here rather than listening to a broker

Aotea
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I agree think some brokers would be made to look very stupid if NZ investors got better returns for free online here rather than listening to a broker

I'd bet a crate of beers this comp will punish the brokers picks for the year...they are too conservative and dont push the envelope in any way, for example, I reckon 2010 will be an excellent year for KAS, TEX or ESI, but Im sure no broker would be picking them publically...

Thanks to everyone for their collective wisdom in all your postings..always appreciated.

upside_umop
07-01-2010, 02:45 PM

Was it the 2008 comp that had the sharetrader crew in MASSIVE negative % figures? I think most were negative, and the brokers were too...but not by as much as ST. This is down to the risk taking nature of the few around here....if the market does well, ST do very well...if the market does bad, ST do very bad!

drillfix
07-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Was it the 2008 comp that had the sharetrader crew in MASSIVE negative % figures?

UU, you sound like you have already forgotten about the GFC of 2008..lol:D

upside_umop
07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
UU, you sound like you have already forgotten about the GFC of 2008..lol:D

haha Nah i was saying relative to the brokers..the ST crew were much worse off. something like...brokers lost 30-something %, ST crew lost 60-something % on average. Its all about risk and reward. You'll never become an overnight millionaire from the conservative broker picks, but you wont go broke either....

drillfix
07-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Its all about risk and reward. You'll never become an overnight millionaire from the conservative broker picks, but you wont go broke either....

Absolutely there UU.

For me, sometimes its difficult to see and focus on the RR. I am still kinda stuck in my old ways and fighting within myself to get with the new. ( I hope that makes sense).

When it comes to brokers, from what I have recently learned and read, you gotta watch this, and so does everybody else out there.

The people who are saying that the Brokers say its a buy and Ra da da da Da,

What the brokers do is, they have already bought the stock when nobody wanted it and they say that, and now they are gonna sell it to you and anybody else who reads their Buy/Sell, Hold, whatever.

Doesn't mean the stock is bad or anything, just means take care when entering in under what circumstances etc etc.

That's what I am led to believe anyways~!

drillfix
07-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Shrewdy,

I think I have found the Porfolio Manager script, but its huge as its part of another major stock program but can be implemented to do the portfolio thing as well.

Will keep you posted later on tonight after markets.

evilroyrule
07-01-2010, 07:30 PM
ok, if its still open \;

bul
tgf
mpo
cxs
alf (nz)

aurelian
08-01-2010, 07:50 AM
For me if I may

ESG
CCU
SWK
MEO
ARM

Thanks

Good luck All

Financially dependant
08-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks SC, I will pick my usual balanced portfolio of oil AND gas :).

VPE, CUE, AOE, TEX, NGE

NoVice
08-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Happy new year Everyone,

ALK - hopefully 2010 is the year the Dubbo project gets going

BUL - This co. (& possibly COI) will be too big for Kogas to resist - esp. if EWC plans keep progressing with Abbots Point

CTP - the sleeping giant awakes in 2010

EWC - if the modular LNG train is successful the sky is the limit

VMS - 2010 is the year of the "T's" - Tungsten & Tin VMS will prove to have one of the biggest & highest grades in Oz

A lot of hope in there but I have researched & have invested in all companies listed.

cheers

N

CAM
08-01-2010, 10:01 AM
If I am not too late.... thanks :)
Not fussed on starting price..just want to be in the comp!!

PEN
TGF
TEX
NGE
OEL

Huang Chung
08-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Thought I'd check to see how the week went, and how I went against the ST top 5.

My picks are up 5.49% for the week, whilst the ST top 5 is up 4.08%. I'm happy :rolleyes:.

Anyone else going to check their progress?

evilroyrule
08-01-2010, 08:44 PM
how do we do that? bloody GIR! should have listened to you when sp was .70

Huang Chung
08-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Example:

GIR starting price $1.46 (from Shrewdy's list)
GIT closing price today $1.69 (from ASX or wherever)

Difference $0.23 (watch for negative amounts where the share price has decreased)

0.23/1.46 = 15.75% increase.

For my other 4 stocks, the increase/decrease was:

NGE -6.25%
ADN Flat
HGO 14.12%
BFE 3.85%

Add together and divide by 5

27.47/5 = 5.49% ave increase

shasta
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Example:

GIR starting price $1.46 (from Shrewdy's list)
GIT closing price today $1.69 (from ASX or wherever)

Difference $0.23 (watch for negative amounts where the share price has decreased)

0.23/1.46 = 15.75% increase.

For my other 4 stocks, the increase/decrease was:

NGE -6.25%
ADN Flat
HGO 14.12%
BFE 3.85%

Add together and divide by 5

27.47/5 = 5.49% ave increase

BSM started .255 now .265 = 3.92%
GIR started 1.46 now 1.69 = 15.75%
MAK started .46 now .565 = 22.83%
OEL started .067 now .078 = 16.42%
RDR started .665 now .75 = 12.78%

= 14.34% increase :D

Huang Chung
08-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Damn you Shasta! :mad:

;):D

shasta
08-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Damn you Shasta! :mad:

;):D

I'm not counting my chickens JUST yet...:D

corporateraider
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Shasta
You beat my 11.7% spurred by MAK and GIR as with you

shasta
08-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Shasta
You beat my 11.7% spurred by MAK and GIR as with you

No one else picked my two worst performers to date, BSM & RDR :rolleyes:

Huang Chung
08-01-2010, 09:53 PM
No one else picked my two worst performers to date, BSM & RDR :rolleyes:

Yeah, 3.92% for the week is a terrible performance....annualised, it's only a lousy 203%.

Get with the program man!

Dusty
09-01-2010, 01:52 AM
QXQ, STX, WCU, CFE, MAK

Not sure if this is still open but those are my picks, will still be watching this comp closely either way, will make a fascinating thread.

Thanks SC

gazprom1
09-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Thought I'd check to see how the week went, and how I went against the ST top 5.

My picks are up 5.49% for the week, whilst the ST top 5 is up 4.08%. I'm happy :rolleyes:.

Anyone else going to check their progress?

HC,

Congrats on your performance for the week...outstanding!!! Watched MAK all week and it has been amazing.

My 5 picks did 2.39%, my actual portfolio 3.93% vs ST Top 5 of 4.08%. My actual portfolio performed better than my 5 picks mainly due to the inclusion of CFE and PLV but was hurt by WCUO and VPEO!!!

Great week all round.
Gazprom

Ponda
09-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Although not near Shasta's awesome first weeks picks, after one week I've been able to beat the ST top 5 4.08% with my 5.74% average increase. :)

As you can see, thus far I've drawn 3 long straws and 2 short ones, with HTM the only one that actually matters to me in a round-about way. (Holding HGD) :rolleyes:

No matter how many ways I hold the calculator I am still unable to beat you Yankiwi. (well, this week anyway)

BCN open .021 now .023 9.52%
KOR open .17 now .175 2.94%
BCC open .115 now .12 4.34%
BUY open .085 now .096 12.94%
WCU open .265 now .26 -1.88%

Total 27.86/5 = 5.57%

Comfortable with that.

tobo
09-01-2010, 02:19 PM
STX - the full collection: Oil, Gas, CSG, CTL
PEN - Uranium : ISR low cost; big growth ahead, lots within this year
BUL - CSG in Aus; O&Gas in PNG
CUE - Multi-headed beast; & a nod to NZ connection
MCO - great gold grades, large areas; ducks lining up.

Since i'm late, will go with either Closing prices 31 Dec; or last night(8 Jan)

TICKER / 31 Dec / 8 Jan
STX / 27 / 31c
PEN / 4.3 / 4.5c
BUL / 22.5 / 24.5c
CUE / 23.0 / 23.5c
MCO / 41.5 / 44.0c

been on holiday.
Discl: Hold em all.
Do I really think these will all outperform BOW and especially VPE? dunnoh.

Crypto Crude
09-01-2010, 05:33 PM
evilroyrule-alf (nz)

evilroy,
you have to swap this pick for an ASX stock...
ASX only please...

.^sc

jennym
09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
looks like it is still open, looks like pick 5.
mhm, cgv, goa, trh, cpl

evilroyrule
10-01-2010, 12:17 PM
evilroy,
you have to swap this pick for an ASX stock...
ASX only please...

.^sc

whoops. sorry. ill take cfe please.

Lizard
10-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Sorry, not well thought out this year and probably already dented the odds with last weeks rally!

ISF - Isoft, IT/Healthcare. Might be a slow starter but should be massively cash generating going into 2011 and well undervalued next to international peers.
MFG - Magellan Financial Group - growing funds management group with high credibility. Starting to hit critical mass and will book maiden profit.
AMO - Ambertech, electronic distributor. Just too cheap at forward P/E estimate of below 4, EV/EBIT under 3 and yield probably 7-10%. Just not clear whether they can maintain performance into late 2010.
GPG - Guinness Peat, General investment company. Market in their favour. Opportunity to narrow gap to NAV as well as benefit from cyclical recovery in many underlying investments.
TWO - Talent2, HR specialist with strong management. May benefit from ongoing recovery, particularly given strength in outsourced business processes and within Asia.

Thanks Shrewd!

sparrow
10-01-2010, 08:17 PM
FPA
TTR
BRW
CBH
WPG

Thanks

STRAT
11-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Happy New Year yall.

BKP has some good dirt + riding piggy back with any success had by CTP

CUE surely this year eh?

AVB producer this year?

ORO long shot. Something may get backed into this empty oyster shell

ITC New heart. New lease on life. Reckon Eddie will be lookin to build the sp and sell this year.

Crypto Crude
11-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey AA,
come to NZ Cup here in CHCH 2nd Tuesday of November and we can celebrate baggers of success, between now and then...

Im glad entries remained open for the extra week...
It wouldnt be the same without many of these faces of Sharetrader...
but, Entries are now closed...
.^sc

clearasmud
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
My picks (if comp) still open

Bow
Trf
Ife
Rol
Ore

(Hold them all)

Cheers,
Clearasmud.

PhaedrusFollower
13-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Shrewd...

Surely you want the LEADER of the NZ Competition to come in...just back in the land of internet...so if you have an ounce of flexibility my 5 are:

HGD
RES
NGE
HGO
SEK

Hope you can make an exception (especially since they are mainly mining stocks! :) )

Cheers

PF!

Ponda
13-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Shrewd...

Surely you want the LEADER of the NZ Competition to come in...just back in the land of internet...so if you have an ounce of flexibility my 5 are:

HGD
RES
NGE
HGO
SEK

Hope you can make an exception (especially since they are mainly mining stocks! :) )

Cheers

PF!

PF, I am not a school teacher (LOL) but just for clarity did you mean HTM or HGD. Now would you like me to go over the rest of your picks and make sure that you have the correct ticker??

PhaedrusFollower
13-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi Ponda,

Thanks for picking that up - of course I meant HTM sorry.

Please feel free to check that my others are all aussies :)

Fingers crossed the Shrewd Dude is feeling kind.

STRAT
13-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi Ponda,

Thanks for picking that up - of course I meant HTM sorry.

Please feel free to check that my others are all aussies :)

Fingers crossed the Shrewd Dude is feeling kind.Dunno if Phaedrus will be pleased with all of those picks Phaedrusfollower. :p
Reckon he might not be so keen on your nick either. ;)

PhaedrusFollower
13-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey Strat...

I'm sure Phaedrus will be proud to know that I am leading the NZ Sharetrader competition 2 weeks in a row...(yes, I know it's a long time til the end of the year :) )

I discovered the world of TA thanks to this forum, and am well...addicted. Phaedrus very kindly helps me out when I get a little loose in my Buy/Sell signals...

As for my picks, I look forward to a healthy competition and will be following me vs you carefully.... I will see YOU in December! :D

Cheers PF.

STRAT
13-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey Strat...

I'm sure Phaedrus will be proud to know that I am leading the NZ Sharetrader competition 2 weeks in a row...(yes, I know it's a long time til the end of the year :) )

I discovered the world of TA thanks to this forum, and am well...addicted. Phaedrus very kindly helps me out when I get a little loose in my Buy/Sell signals...

As for my picks, I look forward to a healthy competition and will be following me vs you carefully.... I will see YOU in December! :D

Cheers PF.Haha.
My performance with going long in these competitions is well documented. If you wana beat me, second to last should do it.

Aotea
13-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Haha.
My performance with going long in these competitions is well documented. If you wana beat me, second to last should do it.

I dont mind if PhaedrusFollower is let in...my be winning the nz comp, but not for long...Im planning on moving from fourth to first.. :)

the machine
13-01-2010, 11:35 PM
I dont mind if PhaedrusFollower is let in...my be winning the nz comp, but not for long...Im planning on moving from fourth to first.. :)

Aotea, some more 9% tin samples will help your pick.

M

Aotea
14-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Aotea, some more 9% tin samples will help your pick.

M

For sure..After Electra Mines, KAS has been my best holding for 2009..One suspects 2010 is going to be very good for KAS!!

gazprom1
15-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, 2 weeks in and I am a mountain behind the ST Top 5. I believe my performance is 0.29% vs 6.69% for the Top 5. The only good news is that my real portfolio is slightly better than my 5 picks at 2.94% - I would take the annualised rate.

PEN has been a stnad out performer for the ST Top 5.

Good weekend.

Gazprom

evilroyrule
16-01-2010, 11:55 AM
is someone running a spreadsheet somewhere for you to comapre performance????

gazprom1
16-01-2010, 12:58 PM
ERR,

No, I am just running a spreadsheet with my picks, ST Top 5 and my portfolio! My picks must be close to the bottom of the heap at the moment!!

percy
19-01-2010, 07:18 PM
the pros"s predictions from weekend australian jan 16 ,17
peter wight burrell stoskbroking bhp wpl aqa brm amp wbc aio qbe smr rio.
peter quinton bell potter coh wow agk tts ten wbc cba bhp rio gpt.
geoff wilson wilson asset management nws rkn mms mts qbe vba twr aad shv sai
angus geddes fat prophets ipl nkp nab tls mfg iri qbe lgl cah wds.
sam fimis patersons wtf sek crz bhp jhx anz arp wes dow ncm.
craig james commonwealth securities wpl rio bhp fmg anz nab wbc csl wes lei.
alex moffatt joseph palmer pna kar bhp mqg mcu wor csl sto mtu.
elio d'amato lincoln indicators ang cey rea web arp rkn tga imf eqn pbp.
australian business desk aio bsl csr cxs fgl myr ptr qan rxm sto.
brian weston investor bhp wbc anz qbe wes ori wpl map tol aio .

Huang Chung
19-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Yippee.....as of today, I am beating the ST Top 5 with 5 non-resource stocks :-)
Who da thunk it?

What!...NO resource stocks.. :eek:

BLASHPEMY!

COLIN
19-01-2010, 10:10 PM
the pros"s predictions from weekend australian jan 16 ,17
peter wight burrell stoskbroking bhp wpl aqa brm amp wbc aio qbe smr rio.
peter quinton bell potter coh wow agk tts ten wbc cba bhp rio gpt.
geoff wilson wilson asset management nws rkn mms mts qbe vba twr aad shv sai
angus geddes fat prophets ipl nkp nab tls mfg iri qbe lgl cah wds.
sam fimis patersons wtf sek crz bhp jhx anz arp wes dow ncm.
craig james commonwealth securities wpl rio bhp fmg anz nab wbc csl wes lei.
alex moffatt joseph palmer pna kar bhp mqg mcu wor csl sto mtu.
elio d'amato lincoln indicators ang cey rea web arp rkn tga imf eqn pbp.
australian business desk aio bsl csr cxs fgl myr ptr qan rxm sto.
brian weston investor bhp wbc anz qbe wes ori wpl map tol aio .

Thanks for that, Percy.

I wonder which one has the best track record?

Interesting to see the likes of CXS, NKP and ANG in there - smaller caps which receive some attention on ST (and incidentally which I hold - he says, rather modestly!)

percy
20-01-2010, 01:41 PM
last years winner was alex moffatt with ave 117% gain across his 10 stock picks
, with karoon gas and felix resources out standing.
the australian was 2nd with outperformers m2 and breville.58.3%ave gain.
peter quinton ave gain 17.3%
geoff wilson 51.8%
angus geddes 26.9%
brian weston 44%

kw angus geddes has iri. if they donot brake 55 this time i will take your good advice and sell

percy
20-01-2010, 01:49 PM
more fun all ords gold oil
alex moffatt 5428.6 958 5 88.13
peter quinton 5600 95 0 75
angus geddes 5800 1430 86
craig james 5600 900 95
geoff wilson 4417 850 68
brain weston 5150 1200 80
peter wright 5500 1200 73
elio d'amato 5600 900 90

COLIN
20-01-2010, 11:25 PM
last years winner was alex moffatt with ave 117% gain across his 10 stock picks
, with karoon gas and felix resources out standing.
the australian was 2nd with outperformers m2 and breville.58.3%ave gain.
peter quinton ave gain 17.3%
geoff wilson 51.8%
angus geddes 26.9%
brian weston 44%

kw angus geddes has iri. if they donot brake 55 this time i will take your good advice and sell

Thanks, Percy.
Wide range there. And of course, as they say, "past results are no guarantee of future performance."

tricha
23-01-2010, 12:37 AM
At least u have more guts than the gutless wonder ;)

Hey Strat...

Cheers PF.

Dusty
23-01-2010, 01:58 AM
If you keep up the great track record maybe we will see a PhaedrusFollowerFollower

Dr_Who
27-01-2010, 07:32 PM
It will be interesting to get an update with the market dropping.

Year of the Tiger
27-01-2010, 08:07 PM
It will be interesting to get an update with the market dropping.

I've got an update! Mine all continue to head steadily south...:o

-8.6%

Oh well, still more than 11 months to go (Thank Christ! :mad:)

YOTT

Dr_Who
28-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I've got an update! Mine all continue to head steadily south...:o

-8.6%

Oh well, still more than 11 months to go (Thank Christ! :mad:)

YOTT

Join the club lol

I always knew this is gonna be a harder year to pick stocks, hence I sold out most of my resources late last year.

trackers
28-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Thankfully I'm up about 50% on OEL, which *should* keep me in the black for the rest of my terrible portfolio :D

percy
28-01-2010, 01:12 PM
My oil picks are slowly going down the well,however thanks to steve flemming pgc are up37.5%.I did buy a few at 2.4.thanks again steve.
although i did not pick in comp I did buy a few AMM after reading KW picks.I note they are up 17 .8% on his price of 28cents.I was happy getting mine at 29cents.

the machine
31-01-2010, 02:42 PM
only 1 of my picks has increased, being ser - which i own some.

however my main pick - kas has almost held its own since jan 1st, whereas other 3 picks -do not own any] - bow tex cue, have lost a lot of ground along with most shares.

so whilst disappointed kas has not appreciated quite a lot, at least compared to most other shares at least it has almost held its own since jan 1st.

M

STRAT
01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
At least u have more guts than the gutless wonder ;)Come on Tricha :rolleyes:

Give it a rest for Frucks sake.

You are starting to come across like an internet version of an annoying lap dog that wont stop yapping and ankle biting.

Oiler
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Come on Tricha :rolleyes:

Give it a rest for Frucks sake.

You are starting to come across like an internet version of an annoying lap dog that wont stop yapping and ankle biting.

Well Fruckin said Strat.........it is starting to get a little annoying :(:(

Crypto Crude
02-02-2010, 08:29 PM
i will get the results up in the next few days... bye for now...
.^sc

PhaedrusFollower
03-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Hope, I made the cut Shrewd.... definitely kept the thread alive over the last month ! :)

Crypto Crude
11-02-2010, 02:42 PM
KW and others,
I promise I will put the results up tomorrow night...
I got stuff on at the moment and tomorrow day...
.^sc

Aotea
12-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Shrewdie...given how my picks have been, you can take as long as you want!!

Crypto Crude
13-02-2010, 12:46 AM
so far we have Shasta "the big gun" leading the yearly competition with an impressive 12.68% return so far... this came on the back of OEL.. a few posters tipped OEL but others were not able to back it up with other performers...
Yogi has the first one bagger of an individual stock with SSN running from 1.3c to be now sitting at 2.8c... this could spell danger for other contenders as his returns become leveraged...
Kerryo and Steve Fleming hold SMN which last traded at 3.2c... the buyers are now sitting at 1.3c, so expect these respective entrants to somewhat slip out of the top end of the comp when we see some trades......

Shasta tipped BSM, GIR (6th most tipped stock), MAK, OEL, RDR...

-The sharetrader top 5 stock picks show a portfolio return of -10.93%...

-Phaedrus follower... You missed out... your submission was so late that I didnt even bother to write down the open prices... ... your client was not happy about this, and terminated your services...try again next year sorry
hope to see you round none the less...

heres the standings...

shasta "the big gun" 12.68%
yogi in oz 12.16%
ponda 8.35%
kerryo 4.81%
kw 4.19%
corporateraider 3.55%
dr who 1.03%
cam .29%
trackers -.92%
steve fleming -1.27%
hunag chung -1.39%
aussie joe -2.26%
pago -2.42%
hal -2.87%
seagul -3.39%
wns -3.92%
snowball -4.38
airedale -4.73%
rotweiller -4.80%
kentbrockman -5.09%
taijon -6.82%
jbmurc -6.92%
bear -7.11%
paddie -7.54%
moimoi -7.58%
rif raf -7.74%
rev -7.87
mark 100 -7.86%
brut -7.89%
777 -7.98%
shrewd crude -8.32%
stz -8.53%
wasl -9.14%
scorp57 -9.48%
aurelian -9.87%
serpie -9.99%
buns -10.40%
macduffy -10.51%
ketel one -10.83
sharetrader top 5 -10.93%
percy -11.03%
ratkin -11.61%
clips -11.84%
Drillfix -12.03%
colin -12.18%
yankiwi -12.92%
tobo -13.41%
impacman -13.59%
upside umop -13.61%
elyob -13.99%
kees -14.18%
lissica -14.56%
awamoa -14.84%
gazprom1 -16.02%
odusty -19.16%
the machine -17.03
jdg -17.28%
jay -17.55%
corporate -18.05%
bermuda -18.36%
suntboy -18.36%
mattyroo -18.55%
shawsie -18.63%
skol -18.69%
year of the tiger -18.84%
financially dependant -18.91%
tricha -19.55%
scrappyo -19.96%
hoags -20.70%
skeet -22.22%
ron the pom -22.70%
novice -23.02%
aotea -23.86%

looks like a good time to buy stocks in general...

Huang Chung
13-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Nice going Shasta, and Yogi ;).

Corporate
13-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Jeez down 18%. This is why knowone should buy anything I post about.

Dr_Who
13-02-2010, 08:18 AM
I knew it would be a tough year and should have at least one short position. A funny year indeed.

13-02-2010, 08:53 AM
But only 7 in positive territory.

Aotea
13-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Does anyone have an open window I can throw myself out of??

ScrappyO
13-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Does anyone have an open window I can throw myself out of??

Maybe i could do a tandem jump with you. LOL :D

Ponda
13-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Well done Shasta but watch out.:D
What a differance a day makes. I am hoping that SC got the figures from the close on Thursday night??
Having a look today at Fridays close gives me 14.27%

Code open close gain %
BCN 2.1 2.8 .7 33.3
KOR 17 30 13 76.4
WCU 26.5 22 4.5 16.9
BCC 11.5 9.3 2.2 19.1
BUY 8.5 8.3 .2 2.35

Total of 14.27%

Having said that WCU is more than likely going to poo itself on Monday, but then KOR WILL increase.

Really good to see Yogi-in-Oz up there. I rate his/her posts and as they say 'the proof is in the pudding.

shasta
13-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Nice going Shasta, and Yogi ;).

Cheers, though early days yet. :rolleyes:

I still expect my best returns to come from the stocks no one else picked, being BSM & RDR - both resource companies in production & expanding.

STRAT
14-02-2010, 09:36 AM
-Phaedrus follower... You missed out... your submission was so late that I didnt even bother to write down the open prices... ... your client was not happy about this, and terminated your services..

:cool:Strats client also missed out however considering the state of the Markets was quite relieved to find this was the case. Taking Strats advice his client is re considering the merit of entering the Stock Market where one is tied to a fixed term and is looking at moving away from this "Fund" type investing stratergy :D

corporateraider
14-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Shasta

I am interested to hear further comments regarding BSM. I didn't pick it although I hold a good chunk of shares in the company. It is contrary to the way that I normally invest as I look for a large resource base, but so far this smaller company has done little wrong.

drillfix
14-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Cheers, though early days yet. :rolleyes:

I still expect my best returns to come from the stocks no one else picked, being BSM & RDR - both resource companies in production & expanding.

Yes way ta go there Shasta, it dont matter if its early days, as its all fun to watch and see how things progress, even thought there is another 10 and a half months to go :p

Crypto Crude
14-02-2010, 01:54 PM
hey Ponda...
for some reason you were down twice on the master copy (on page 7), with two different opening prices for your picks...
thus meaning that I perhaps might have used the wrong figures...
I will look into the opening prices for you and update them accordingly...
shasta is 'the big gun' to date pending updated results at the end of Feb...
.^sc

shasta
14-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Shasta

I am interested to hear further comments regarding BSM. I didn't pick it although I hold a good chunk of shares in the company. It is contrary to the way that I normally invest as I look for a large resource base, but so far this smaller company has done little wrong.

I've posted a reply in the appropriate thread ;)

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?p=293372#post293372

Lizard
14-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Strats client also missed out however considering the state of the Markets was quite relieved to find this was the case. Taking Strats advice his client is re considering the merit of entering the Stock Market where one is tied to a fixed term and is looking at moving away from this "Fund" type investing stratergy :D

Yes, I think there are seven of us that missed the cut. We might have to start the Terminated Advisors Club ... :p :cool:

shasta
14-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Yes, I think there are seven of us that missed the cut. We might have to start the Terminated Advisors Club ... :p :cool:

Us folk in the comp call you folk "Termies" :D

Ponda
14-02-2010, 10:15 PM
hey Ponda...
for some reason you were down twice on the master copy (on page 7), with two different opening prices for your picks...
thus meaning that I perhaps might have used the wrong figures...
I will look into the opening prices for you and update them accordingly...
shasta is 'the big gun' to date pending updated results at the end of Feb...
.^sc

SC,
Dude, really appreciate the efforts that you have gone to to keep this comp going. I haven't thrown in a protest :) or spitting the dummy :)or throwing the toys from the cot :)

I had a look on my ProRealTime software and it looks like the top one of my entries on page 7 is correct, however, I didn't quite read the small print and didn't see the 'the Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into' :) So I am more than happy with what your call is.

You may also want to have a quick check of Kerry-O as well, as s/he and I are the only ones with BCN and there is three differant closing figures.:)

Maybe next year we should employ the services of a Chartered Accountant (I so hope your not a Chartered Accountant :))to ensure that there is no skul-duggery :D

Anyways hope you all have a profitable week next week.:)

Ponda
14-02-2010, 10:18 PM
either that or I'm just a confused camper.

It is the closing price of the last day of 2009 ???:confused:

Crypto Crude
14-02-2010, 10:31 PM
ponda,
You were down twice on the master copy...
I'm not even sure why, but you are...
I said I will look into which are the correct prices, and I will update them accordingly when I put up the Feb results...
thank you for notifying me...
there are different open prices for entrants who entered their picks late/days into the start of the comp... because I have used the closing price for the day they entered...
At the very beginning of the year the markets ran for a few days, so these late entrants have been penalised by having higher opening prices corresponding to the day they entered...
This explains why kerryo and you have different opening prices...
.^sc

Ponda
14-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

shasta
14-02-2010, 11:13 PM
SC,
Dude, really appreciate the efforts that you have gone to to keep this comp going. I haven't thrown in a protest :) or spitting the dummy :)or throwing the toys from the cot :)

I had a look on my ProRealTime software and it looks like the top one of my entries on page 7 is correct, however, I didn't quite read the small print and didn't see the 'the Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into' :) So I am more than happy with what your call is.

You may also want to have a quick check of Kerry-O as well, as s/he and I are the only ones with BCN and there is three differant closing figures.:)

Maybe next year we should employ the services of a Chartered Accountant (I so hope your not a Chartered Accountant :))to ensure that there is no skul-duggery :D

Anyways hope you all have a profitable week next week.:)

As an Accountant i'd happily help the Shrewd one scrutinize the final figures, though i do have a conflict of interest!

STRAT
15-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Yes, I think there are seven of us that missed the cut. We might have to start the Terminated Advisors Club ... :p :cool: Hi Liz,
We have missed the final cut, weve been given a nick that elevates us to Leper status but worst of all our sad attempts to subtly get the Shrewd Dudes attention have failed miserably:D

Lizard
15-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Liz,
We have missed the final cut, weve been given a nick that elevates us to Leper status but worst of all our sad attempts to subtly get the Shrewd Dudes attention have failed miserably:D

But don't worry, we may have a final weapon... I happen to have control of the NZX contest and, oddly;), SC's return just plummeted unexplainably...:p:D

STRAT
15-02-2010, 11:07 AM
But don't worry, we may have a final weapon... I happen to have control of the NZX contest and, oddly;), SC's return just plummeted unexplainably...:p:Dlol:D:D:D:D:D:D

Serpie
15-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Serpie,

I'm not sure if one of your picks can be included in this years picks. GBM has been in Voluntary Suspension since 20/11/08.

GBM remains in suspension, and therefore is enjoying a 0% rise / fall for 2010. If all of my picks were suspended I'd be in the Top 10!

trackers
16-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Top 10..happy with that.. Nice going Shasta!

PhaedrusFollower
17-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Liz and Strat and the 4 other Termies who missed out on taming the Shrewd....we can only say... we tried. So, because we love a bit of banter Post your 5 picks here and I will start a Termies competition with same ruling structure as Shrewdies with prices back dated to first week of Jan. Try, to be honest, but don't worry if you're not, just as long as all of our picks are always on the top of the "other" comp, we'll be sweet. Lizard...I love your suggestion of punishing his Shrewdness in the NZ comp...by the way am I still leading that? :)

STRAT
17-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Liz and Strat and the 4 other Termies who missed out on taming the Shrewd....we can only say... we tried. So, because we love a bit of banter Post your 5 picks here and I will start a Termies competition with same ruling structure as Shrewdies with prices back dated to first week of Jan. Try, to be honest, but don't worry if you're not, just as long as all of our picks are always on the top of the "other" comp, we'll be sweet. Lizard...I love your suggestion of punishing his Shrewdness in the NZ comp...by the way am I still leading that? :)Sounds good PF. Good on ya. My original post is below.

Happy New Year yall.

BKP has some good dirt + riding piggy back with any success had by CTP

CUE surely this year eh?

AVB producer this year?

ORO long shot. Something may get backed into this empty shell

ITC New heart. New lease on life. Reckon Eddie will be lookin to build the sp and sell this year.

If you require close or open prices etc for all the entries on which ever day it was supposed to start let me know. I will post em when you start the thread.

Taming of the Shrewd? :eek:

How very Shakespearian :D

Lizard
17-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Liz and Strat and the 4 other Termies who missed out on taming the Shrewd....we can only say... we tried. So, because we love a bit of banter Post your 5 picks here and I will start a Termies competition with same ruling structure as Shrewdies with prices back dated to first week of Jan. Try, to be honest, but don't worry if you're not, just as long as all of our picks are always on the top of the "other" comp, we'll be sweet. Lizard...I love your suggestion of punishing his Shrewdness in the NZ comp...by the way am I still leading that? :)

Thanks PF - I had been going to work out results for the Termies, but was procrastinating until my results improved... hence, on the back of ISF, have had to delay indefinitely :o

Anyway, if you are willing (thanks!) my picks and starting prices were:
ISF (77cps)
MFG (90cps)
TWO ($1.38)
GPG ($0.71)
AMO ($0.51)

STRAT
17-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks PF - I had been going to work out results for the Termies, but was procrastinating until my results improved... hence, on the back of ISF, have had to delay indefinitely :o

Anyway, if you are willing (thanks!) my picks and starting prices were:
ISF (77cps)
MFG (90cps)
TWO ($1.38)
GPG ($0.71)
AMO ($0.51)Hi Liz,
What day are the starting prices taken from or can we make em up as PF suggests ? :D

evilroyrule
17-02-2010, 05:29 PM
i too was left out in the cold. shall post my picks tonite from an email i sent shrewdy. it wont be pretty!

Lizard
17-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi Liz,
What day are the starting prices taken from or can we make em up as PF suggests ? :D

I just picked the opening price from the day after I'd posted my picks (using Yahoo historical prices). I would much prefer to make them up though... :cool:

PhaedrusFollower
22-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Good work Termies...4 of us are "in"...any other late comers welcome...Will publish shares and starting prices this week. . . .and...umm...our results...and where we stand among the geeks in the real competition :) who were all share trading rather than surfing during their summer break Ha Ha!

evilroyrule
22-02-2010, 01:13 PM
ok, if its still open \;

bul
tgf
mpo
cxs
alf (nz)

this is what i opened with on 7 jan. i swapped cxs for cfe. it may well be i am at present setting a new record for going backwards!!! still good fun.

boysy
22-02-2010, 01:23 PM
if i may add my picks at this late stage

OEL
NDO
KIK
PPP
ROC

jennym
06-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Good work Termies...4 of us are "in"...any other late comers welcome...Will publish shares and starting prices this week. . . .and...umm...our results...and where we stand among the geeks in the real competition :) who were all share trading rather than surfing during their summer break Ha Ha!

by virtue of nearology, i can assume that i would have been too late also. my entry just a couple of posts before lizard i think(p10).
i hope i am not too late to join the late group.

31 dec 5 march
cgv 16c 12c
goa 3.8c 3.1
trh 39c 28.5
cpl 33c 45
mhm 26c 32

a bit of a slow start but they should do ok this year.

Crypto Crude
10-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I will get the results up tomorrow night...
ive been super busy with work...
peace..
.^sc

JBmurc
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
busy busy Shrewdy -let ya know TGF ticker code is now-CVX --------------------might be in chch in may
hope your loading up with goldies why there still cheap

Crypto Crude
12-03-2010, 03:30 AM
hello all sharetraders...
thankyou JBMurc for that note... I will need to be kept well inform about these sorts of changes because I do not follow all stocks.... ty....

For the late comers, Jennym, AA, Lizard, sparrow, clearasmud, phaedrus follower...
Bermuda has been kind enough to find the prices of the stocks that you have entered on the closing prices of the day you submitted your entry...this remains consistant with all entrants who entered after the 1st of Jan...

our client was not happy with our firm, and the fact that we had these funds uninvested and sitting idle on the sidelines... his dissapointment extended further when he looked at the performance of the portfolio...
he said,
"You are all fired... no more financial advice required"... lol...
well... no he didnt say that... try harder next month... lol...

here we go...

shasta "the big gun" +20.74%
sparrow +18.46%
yogi in oz +14.94%
corporateraider +13.46%
ponda +11.10%
hal +8.57%
trackers +7.53%
huang chung +7.51%
mark 100 +4.08%
dr who +2.73%
cam +2.19%
rotweiller +1.51%
wns +1.38%
phaedrus follower +1.17%
jennym +1.13%
kentbrockman +.53%
shrewd crude -1.35%
colin -1.89%
clearasmud -2.67%
lizard -2.69%
paddie -3.00%
pago -3.51%
airedale -3.54%
steve fleming -3.64%
rev -3.65%
seagull -4.18%
brut -4.58%
ratkin -4.75%
777 -4.79%
WASL -5.18%
percy -5.84%
SHARETRADER TOP 5 -5.84%
clips -5.98%
snowball -6.16%
stz -6.83%
aussie joe -6.95%
jay -6.97%
taijon -6.98%
rif raf -7.01%
lissica -7.21%
kerryo -7.33%
ketel one -7.36%
financially dependant -7.38%
ELYOB -7.71%
gazprom1 -7.92%
scorp57 -8.31%
skol -8.90%
upsideumop -10.04%
corporate -10.22%
bear -10.59%
kw -10.63%
macduffy -10.97%
buns -11.32%
aa -11.48%
JBmurc -13.07%
suntboy -13.56%
tobo -13.91%
moimoi -14.29%
drillfix -14.40%
hoags -14.86%
kees -15.30%
jdg -15.52%
evilruleroy -15.91%
awamoa -16.77%
year of the tiger -17.29%
serpie -17.35%
bermuda -17.64%
impacman -18.12%
tricha -18.27%
ron the pom -18.59%
aurelian -19.10%
novice -19.63%
yankiwi -19.98%
mattyroo -20.27%
skeet -20.49%
the machine -21.33%
scrappyo -22.27%
shawsie -22.27%
o dusty -24.49%
aotea -34.11% (wow, im sure you couldnt do that again, even if you tried)...
.^sc

STRAT
12-03-2010, 08:55 AM
For the late comers, Jennym, AA, Lizard, sparrow, clearasmud, phaedrus follower...
Bermuda has been kind enough to find the prices of the stocks that you have entered on the closing prices of the day you submitted your entry...this remains consistant with all entrants who entered after the 1st of Jan...
... lol...

here we go...

shasta "the big gun" +20.74%
sparrow +18.46%
yogi in oz +14.94%
corporateraider +13.46%
ponda +11.10%
hal +8.57%
trackers +7.53%
huang chung +7.51%
mark 100 +4.08%
dr who +2.73%
cam +2.19%
rotweiller +1.51%
wns +1.38%
phaedrus follower +1.17%
jennym +1.13%
kentbrockman +.53%
shrewd crude -1.35%
colin -1.89%
clearasmud -2.67%
lizard -2.69%
paddie -3.00%
pago -3.51%
airedale -3.54%
steve fleming -3.64%
rev -3.65%
seagull -4.18%
brut -4.58%
ratkin -4.75%
777 -4.79%
WASL -5.18%
percy -5.84%
SHARETRADER TOP 5 -5.84%
clips -5.98%
snowball -6.16%
stz -6.83%
aussie joe -6.95%
jay -6.97%
taijon -6.98%
rif raf -7.01%
lissica -7.21%
kerryo -7.33%
ketel one -7.36%
financially dependant -7.38%
ELYOB -7.71%
gazprom1 -7.92%
scorp57 -8.31%
skol -8.90%
upsideumop -10.04%
corporate -10.22%
bear -10.59%
kw -10.63%
macduffy -10.97%
buns -11.32%
aa -11.48%
JBmurc -13.07%
suntboy -13.56%
tobo -13.91%
moimoi -14.29%
drillfix -14.40%
hoags -14.86%
kees -15.30%
jdg -15.52%
evilruleroy -15.91%
awamoa -16.77%
year of the tiger -17.29%
serpie -17.35%
bermuda -17.64%
impacman -18.12%
tricha -18.27%
ron the pom -18.59%
aurelian -19.10%
novice -19.63%
yankiwi -19.98%
mattyroo -20.27%
skeet -20.49%
the machine -21.33%
scrappyo -22.27%
shawsie -22.27%
o dusty -24.49%
aotea -34.11% (wow, im sure you couldnt do that again, even if you tried)...
.^sc
Now Im taking it personally Shrewd dude. Is it something I said or am I just on ignore :eek2::scared::lol:

Crypto Crude
12-03-2010, 10:47 AM
lol strat,
ty for reminding me...
you know I think the World of you...
you are my favourite hippie... http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/smilies/lol.gif

Heres another one for you Bermuda...

closing prices on 11th-jan
BKP
CUE
AVB
ORO
ITC

.^sc

STRAT
12-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Love and Peace Man....

Let me save Super B the trouble

Close 11/1/2010
BKP 0.5c
CUE 22.0c
AVB 3.0c
ORO 0.5c
ITC 5.3c

Guess that means Im not getting away with pledging the options for AVB and ORO :D

You do realize young Shrewd that when the Hippie movement was in full swing I was only about 5 years old?

but no offence taken :lol::lol:

bermuda
12-03-2010, 11:22 AM
another one for you Bermuda...

closing prices on 11th-jan
BKP 0.5
CUE 22.0
AVB 3.1
ORO 0.5
ITC 5.3

Cheers

STRAT
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi Bermuda
At the risk of being picky I make out 3.1 to be the days high for AVB :eek2:

Notice also how the chart turns to crap soon after

boysy
12-03-2010, 11:39 AM
i seem not to have been included either would be great if you could add my picks as of the 22nd jan

OEl - 0.10
NDO - 0.14
KIK- 0.115
PPP- 0.305
ROC- 0.355

bermuda
12-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi Strat,
Directbroking has it as 3.1 close of play 11/1.
Cheers

Huang Chung
12-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Those who have picked CSG stocks should have a better result for March, courtesy of the Arrow bid.

bermuda
12-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Those who have picked CSG stocks should have a better result for March, courtesy of the Arrow bid.

I would need to. But the next six months could be the most fantastic 6 months of my life....barring a financial meltdown.

shasta
13-03-2010, 01:02 AM

Well yours truly has been #1 in Jan & Feb, & GIR + OEL have grown legs in March

Huang Chung
13-03-2010, 12:09 PM
I'll take a 5% royalty on that GIR pick Shas....

Aotea
09-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi All,
Well its been a while since I mustered the guts to see how Im going in the comp....
Coming last at this stage still manages to shock is all I can say. Id like to thank Kate at URA for such a solid result, and fingers crossed that ESI finally launches so I dont finish up last at the end!
Cheers, and as always thanks to those who do the reseach and pass on their pearls of wisdom to us amateurs.

the machine
09-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi All,
Well its been a while since I mustered the guts to see how Im going in the comp....
Coming last at this stage still manages to shock is all I can say. Id like to thank Kate at URA for such a solid result, and fingers crossed that ESI finally launches so I dont finish up last at the end!
Cheers, and as always thanks to those who do the reseach and pass on their pearls of wisdom to us amateurs.

Aotea, lucky you picked kas then, as should see a very good appreciation in 2nd half.
Quite handy that the world bank buying into kas with a 15% share, once approved by shareholders and FIRB

M

Crypto Crude
11-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Hello all sharetraders...
What a great last month it has been on the markets...

The $32 billion ICN MOU has really spurred plenty of buying activity in the CSG sector over the last few days......
There are plenty more good days ahead...

Boysy, We will have your results up from next month...

KW, my computer apologises to you for the misresult last time...
;)....you are now back where you belong...
Phaedrus follower really does have the sandwich press going on...
:eek2:... lol...

1)Sparrow +42.20%
2)Yogi in Auz +26.77%
3)ELYOB +25.77%
ponda +22.48%
Trackers +20.66%
Shrewd crude +19.90%
PhaedrusFollower +18.95%
KW +18.34%
shasta +17.26%
Mark 100 +16.49%
Corporate +16.28%
Clips +15.68%
Corporateraider +15.54%
Huang Chung +15.20%
Clearasmud +14.38%
Kent Brockman +13.75%
Percy +13.31%
Hal +13.16%
Upside Umop +12.81%
Kerryo +12.08%
SHARETRADER TOP 5 +10.67%
Brut +10%
Airedale +9.95%
Ketel One +9.50%
Rotweiller +8.85%
Gazprom +8.63%
JennyM +7.05%
buns +5.90%
Paddie +5.13%
Dr Who +4.95%
Rev +4.58%
cAM +3.53%
Taijon +2.22%
Lizard +1.97%
wns +.95%
steve fleming +.39%
Drillfix +.13%
Jay -.13%
Rif Raf -.44%
Aussie Joe -.47%
Tricha -.62%
Ron the Pom -1.09%
stz -1.17%
Financially Dependant -1.32%
Snowball -1.88%
skol -2.05%
Ratkin -2.46%
WASL -2.89%
Colin -2.94%
Seagull -3.34%
777 -3.72%
Serpie -3.85%
Lissica -4.18%
Aurelian -4.66%
Macduffy -5.42%
Tobo -5.43%
Bermuda -5.65%
Bear -5.8%
Pago -6.73%
Yankiwi -7.11%
Scorp57 -7.79%
Hoags -7.89%
JBMurc -8.07%
Mattyroo -8.30%

Kees -8.55%
Moimoi -9.60%
Novice -9.88%
The Machine -10.80%
Year of the Tiger -12.95%
Awamoa -13.43%
AA -14.47%
strat -15%
skeet -16.80%
JDG -17.86%
Impacman -18.40%
Evilroyrule -19.47%
Shawsie -19.49%
O Dusty -21.61%
scrappyo -23.74%
suntboy -25.47%
Aotea -33.07%

.^sc

Corporate
11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Hello all sharetraders...
What a great last month it has been on the markets...

The $32 billion ICN MOU has really spurred plenty of buying activity in the CSG sector over the last few days......
There are plenty more good days ahead...

Boysy, We will have your results up from next month...

KW, my computer apologises to you for the misresult last time...
;)....you are now back where you belong...
Phaedrus follower really does have the sandwich press going on...
:eek2:... lol...

1)Sparrow +42.20%
2)Yogi in Auz +26.77%
3)ELYOB +25.77%
ponda +22.48%
Trackers +20.66%
Shrewd crude +19.90%
PhaedrusFollower +18.95%
KW +18.34%
shasta +17.26%
Mark 100 +16.49%
Corporate +16.28%
Clips +15.68%
Corporateraider +15.54%
Huang Chung +15.20%
Clearasmud +14.38%
Kent Brockman +13.75%
Percy +13.31%
Hal +13.16%
Upside Umop +12.81%
Kerryo +12.08%
SHARETRADER TOP 5 +10.67%
Brut +10%
Airedale +9.95%
Ketel One +9.50%
Rotweiller +8.85%
Gazprom +8.63%
JennyM +7.05%
buns +5.90%
Paddie +5.13%
Dr Who +4.95%
Rev +4.58%
cAM +3.53%
Taijon +2.22%
Lizard +1.97%
wns +.95%
steve fleming +.39%
Drillfix +.13%
Jay -.13%
Rif Raf -.44%
Aussie Joe -.47%
Tricha -.62%
Ron the Pom -1.09%
stz -1.17%
Financially Dependant -1.32%
Snowball -1.88%
skol -2.05%
Ratkin -2.46%
WASL -2.89%
Colin -2.94%
Seagull -3.34%
777 -3.72%
Serpie -3.85%
Lissica -4.18%
Aurelian -4.66%
Macduffy -5.42%
Tobo -5.43%
Bermuda -5.65%
Bear -5.8%
Pago -6.73%
Yankiwi -7.11%
Scorp57 -7.79%
Hoags -7.89%
JBMurc -8.07%
Mattyroo -8.30%

Kees -8.55%
Moimoi -9.60%
Novice -9.88%
The Machine -10.80%
Year of the Tiger -12.95%
Awamoa -13.43%
AA -14.47%
strat -15%
skeet -16.80%
JDG -17.86%
Impacman -18.40%
Evilroyrule -19.47%
Shawsie -19.49%
O Dusty -21.61%
scrappyo -23.74%
suntboy -25.47%
Aotea -33.07%

.^sc

What a turn around on my picks. Negative 10% last month to positive 16% now...and I'm still 40% underwater on BCC.

Thanks SC! Appreciate the effort you've put into this.

Huang Chung
11-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Well done Shrewdie...appreciated.

Does anyone know what the all ords has done YTD?

Oh, and where's Sparrow? Blitzing the comp and I can't recall ever reading a post from him....

Crypto Crude
12-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Huang Chung...
Ive got the All Ords up 37% year to date...
but up only 1.93%this year...
.^sc

Huang Chung
12-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Huang Chung...
Ive got the All Ords up 37% year to date...
but up only 1.93%this year...

.^sc

Maybe we should all join together and set up a funds management business. Index huggers we ain't!

rotweiller
13-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Great to be well ahead of Bermuda.

Probably just as well I don't play golf.

Cheers

bermuda
13-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Great to be well ahead of Bermuda.

Probably just as well I don't play golf.

Cheers

TEX has been horrible but fortunately it is only 2% of my portfolio. Congrats to all on a very good month. February was pretty bad eh?.

STRAT
13-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Oh, and where's Sparrow? Blitzing the comp and I can't recall ever reading a post from him....He does that with bankable regularity too :t_up:

the machine
13-04-2010, 10:41 PM
TEX has been horrible but fortunately it is only 2% of my portfolio. Congrats to all on a very good month. February was pretty bad eh?.

bermuda, tex to date is a bad pick of mine.

i do not own any though

M

Serpie
14-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Serpie,

Out of suspension yesterday after 17 months in the wilderness, and up 43% today. See you at the finish line Brut - I'll have a cold beer waiting for you my friend.

Brut
15-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Out of suspension yesterday after 17 months in the wilderness, and up 43% today. See you at the finish line Brut - I'll have a cold beer waiting for you my friend.

Serpie my friend. GBM was in Suspension for 17 months as you quoted but was at 3.7c. When it was relisted yesterday it dropped to 2.5c but today it closed at 4.3c so it is actually up only 16.21% from when it was in suspension.

You have made one successful trade in 2 years (when you brought GRY @ 50.5c & sold at 71c) so don't get too cocky, it is a long way to go until the finish line :-)

Crypto Crude
15-04-2010, 04:36 PM
kw,
hang on what?

Serpies entry of GBM was accepted because we went off all closing prices of all stocks regardless if there were enough shares to match the order or not...
If we werent going to accept that stock on those grounds then we would have had to match the buy price (open price) of each stock of each entrant to the amount of shares on offer that they would have purchased for their competition portfolio....
what makes you think everyone elses quotas would have matched up to what was on offer?
what about other stocks that were in trading halts at the same time?
this would have opened up a whole can of whoop ass...

so we have to assume that Serpie bought these shares off market at an agreed price of the last trading price (which is fair enough)...

I have been consistant with everyone,

.^sc

shasta
15-04-2010, 04:39 PM
kw,
hang on what?

Serpies entry of GBM was accepted because we went off all closing prices of all stocks regardless if there were enough shares to match the order or not...
If we werent going to accept that stock on those grounds then we would have had to match the buy price (open price) of each stock of each entrant to the amount of shares on offer that they would have purchased for their competition portfolio....
what makes you think everyone elses quotas would have matched up to what was on offer?
what about other stocks that were in trading halts at the same time?
this would have opened up a whole can of whoop ass...

so we have to assume that Serpie bought these shares off market at an agreed price of the last trading price (which is fair enough)...

I have been consistant with everyone,

.^sc

Your rules Shrewdy, i think how you have handled Serpie's GBM pick is fair

Glad im still in the top 10, after topping the Jan & Feb results!

Crypto Crude
15-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Your rules Shrewdy, i think how you have handled Serpie's GBM pick is fair

Glad im still in the top 10, after topping the Jan & Feb results!

thank you Shasta,
apart from my wildcard pick of OXX, Ive got my picks down strong...
I would get a great deal of satisfaction of opening up that can of whoop ass on you all...
lol...at this stage you are doing pretty well if you have returned 19.90% or more...lol...
see you at the top...
.^sc

Serpie
15-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Serpie my friend. You have made one successful trade in 2 years (when you brought GRY @ 50.5c & sold at 71c) so don't get too cocky, it is a long way to go until the finish line :-)

Oh that's harsh. I finally get back in the game (mostly to keep you company), come straight in with a winner with GRY (which incidentally I take no credit for) and you give me a hard time! I'm going to buy shares in all of your current holdings - and you know what happens to them as soon as I buy them - they'll all drop like stones!

Fair decision to allow GBM Shrewd. I've always liked you. : )

the machine
16-04-2010, 02:16 AM
think I might bein positive territory by april 30, if not already.

please mark in your diaries that you should have bought kas now -take a note of the price you could have bought for, then over next few weeks read up on how you can kick yourself if you did not buy.

said price closing april 15 was 7.6c after being 8c earlier

m

Aotea
07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, once again i mustered up the guts to se how Im going...damn, last for three months running!!
Damn URA & TEX!
Only KAS and ESI can save me from here....

Jay
07-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey most won't being doing very well after today, but who knows what Monday will bring.
Me thinking a bit of a rally - most oversold?? and given the c...kup on the DOW alluded to on another thread

Still a good 6 months + to go yet

the machine
12-05-2010, 12:11 AM
hey SC, hows april results going?

regards

M

Ponda
12-05-2010, 12:47 AM
hey SC, hows april results going?

Shhhh, I don't want to know :)

I am having a shocker with my WCU this month.:(

the machine
13-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I dont think mine has changed. Still +10.75%
But curious to see what has happened to all the resource portfolios. So please post the results to date thanks SC.

please include results as at april 30, that is before the fall in a lot of mining shares thanks to that guy on the 7.30 report last night nz viewers of course would not have seen it live

M