PDA

View Full Version : Anteo Diagnostics Limited (ADO)

stone small green
14-01-2010, 04:42 PM
yesterday an announcement was made regrading the company signing it's first licening agreement.

since that, shareprice has went sky rocker,

from closing 0.007 on tuesday to currently 7c.

the future prospect of the company is awesome.
with a future revenue projecting of 300 million, this company is gotta fly,
along with it's share price,
detail can be found in the annual report.

I'm not a fundermentalist. I just look at the people and the charts.

upon til now, 500mill volume of share have been traded

stone small green
14-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I've been into asx recently, so spent most of my time in hotcoppers

COLIN
14-01-2010, 05:29 PM
At what stage did you buy? We want to share in your excitement!

stone small green
14-01-2010, 05:42 PM
got some yesterday, at 1.9c,
some first thing in the morning at 3.1c
sold those at 4.2c.

back on board again at 6.4c

it's amazing stock, 600mill of volume

COLIN
14-01-2010, 05:54 PM
got some yesterday, at 1.9c,
some first thing in the morning at 3.1c
sold those at 4.2c.

it's amazing stock, 600mill of volume

I wish you well. You are far more daring than I could ever be! I'm getting too long in the tooth, I think.

drillfix
14-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I wish you well. You are far more daring than I could ever be! I'm getting too long in the tooth, I think.

Me too, I must say though, I have enjoyed watching intraDay from the sidelines far too chicken Sh#t to take part.

good luck and dont forget to take a profit (at some stage).

Another game of Hot Potato sponsored by Hot Copperter

drillfix
14-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Forgot to mention though.

Yesterday when the announcement came and the volume spike started below one cent.

That was one moment in a life time, and one trade in a month or year that we should have probably taken. (If we were watching).

If you bought a million at just over 1.1c for 11,000 grand, you would have had over 80,000 dollars for the Bravery (or even more).

But yes, it reminds me of watching FMS when it first started its breakout, similar action.

stone small green
14-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I wish I had better software, so I could have done the entry point for ADO.

any suggestions for good interday charting softwares?
I know metastock, but it's relatively dare.

cheers

Corporate
14-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Forgot to mention though.

Yesterday when the announcement came and the volume spike started below one cent.

That was one moment in a life time, and one trade in a month or year that we should have probably taken. (If we were watching).

If you bought a million at just over 1.1c for 11,000 grand, you would have had over 80,000 dollars for the Bravery (or even more).

But yes, it reminds me of watching FMS when it first started its breakout, similar action.

You're right Drill. I saw the HC posts last night and started to do a bit of reading. But ran out of time and figured it was just a big pump and dump...I could have got in around 2-3c. THe numbers that were being bantered around just sounded to good to be true.

Toulouse - Luzern
14-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Well done to those who got these...
I had a quick look yesterday.
I often look on the DB site Markets /Security Views / for top % increase and turnover over $1M.
Read the news release.
I didnt buy however - as the increase was already so huge
I see the Total shares about 400M and 677M were traded today.

stone small green
14-01-2010, 07:57 PM
it's definitely a good long term stock
just have to wait for consolidation.

good luck anyone,
will continue to look closely;)

ScrappyO
14-01-2010, 08:19 PM
I managed to pick up some options first thing (they seemed to have been over looked at the time) at 1.4 and put a sell in for half at 2.9 then went back to work. Didn't expect them to reach a high of 7.

soulman
14-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Well done to those that gets in early. But with these kind of movement, someone is always gonna get hurt buying at the top so caveat emptor.

The action today just signalfied daytrader mega feast for ADO. I would imagine the downside risk for ADO is very high and big swings expected over the next few days. Will look for opportunities if it does arise.

stone small green
14-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Well done to those that gets in early. But with these kind of movement, someone is always gonna get hurt buying at the top so caveat emptor.

The action today just signalfied daytrader mega feast for ADO. I would imagine the downside risk for ADO is very high and big swings expected over the next few days. Will look for opportunities if it does arise.

it not day traders, if they was in, only by a small amount,
look at the volumes

i think it's the institution that are buying in,
which is the source of the momentum.

looking forward to tomorrow's opening,

might cash up.;)

good luck to everyone have.

COLIN
14-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Just for the record, here, the options ended up 587.5%! I can't recall having seen such a large daily jump, but I'm sure there have been - Steve Fleming (our resident student of low-priced options) can you?

stone small green
14-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Just for the record, here, the options ended up 587.5%! I can't recall having seen such a large daily jump, but I'm sure there have been - Steve Fleming (our resident student of low-priced options) can you?

that's because it's ann, possiblity of 400m revenue annually!
market cap of 8m..

anything under 10c is cheap.

option has been ignore, it stayed at 3ish cents for about 3 hours.

the head was more attractive,
i guess u have seen it.

from 0.7c to close today of 8.6c 1000%

will get out if it doesn't open strong.;)

drillfix
14-01-2010, 10:52 PM
SSG Not day traders??? are you kidding me?

Every day trader and the traders dog and day trading grandmother was on this including every broker, insto and fund manager.

Problem with trying to get into this was if you did not put your bid in 1 cent over than what you want to pay for it, your order would get missed.

Need to HOT KEYS ie: F1 buy F2 sell etc etc but need to have Level II in place, but most brokers (retail) here in Aus or where ever are only Level I.

So this way you can just buy and sell by hitting these hot keys.

For trading a fast moving Intraday stock like todays action with ADO is a classic example of such need.

I am sure many also did fine without but no doubt they would have been selling + or - half cent or a full cent.

The real opportunity was to buy a Million shares below 2c, or whatever you were prepared to risk. I myself would usually play with 100K to 200K shares but the greedy little bugger on my shoulder keeps telling me I gotta be ready for days like this.

Here is today's Intra-Day play unfolded with some Fib Fans and stuff layed out so you can see the maybe of maybe's of the madness when its all happening, viewing 2 - 5 and 10 MIN intra-day charts

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mza5xt.gif

COLIN
14-01-2010, 11:08 PM
will get out if it doesn't open strong.;)

And so will a million other holders - make sure you don't get crushed in the stampede. Good luck!

soulman
15-01-2010, 08:25 AM
it not day traders, if they was in, only by a small amount,
look at the volumes

i think it's the institution that are buying in,
which is the source of the momentum.

looking forward to tomorrow's opening,

might cash up.;)

good luck to everyone have.

Just remember that daytrader recycle the stocks over and over again in 10, 20 minutes, hour by hour, picking up $2k profits every hour or so. Some daytrader could have bought and sold ADO 20 times yesterday and made a profits on every one of them. That why there is 677 million shares traded and only less than 400 million shares on issue.

The pump and dump theory applies here and the cap raising they had in Oct seems to be a bonanza for subscriber with the free attaching oppies.

stone small green
15-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Just remember that daytrader recycle the stocks over and over again in 10, 20 minutes, hour by hour, picking up $2k profits every hour or so. Some daytrader could have bought and sold ADO 20 times yesterday and made a profits on every one of them. That why there is 677 million shares traded and only less than 400 million shares on issue.

The pump and dump theory applies here and the cap raising they had in Oct seems to be a bonanza for subscriber with the free attaching oppies.

the only thing I thought was that the day trader effect didn't really come through.

Usually the rapid trading activity that result from day trading will limit the percentage the sp will move up by.

but it was the case yesterday, the sp still end up with 400% gain.

Do agree with u point of daytrader, but it still seem unclear and cannot be used to explain all the activity yesterday.

Guess we'll c in 2 hours.
;)ssg

David Hardman
15-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I wish I had better software, so I could have done the entry point for ADO.

any suggestions for good interday charting softwares?
I know metastock, but it's relatively dare.

cheers

Stone Small

Check out Spark - http://iguana2.com/spark

It is a great intraday platform. Using Spark I've just replayed the depth history of ADO over the last few days. Amazing.

Landyman
15-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Hindsights a wonderful thing with these, announcement sounded great, but so many others do too. I managed in and out a few times in the day, but kicking myself for not just holiding the 500k I got at opening. Be interesting today, Im new to this, but once over 10c, jumps need to be in half cents? Fingers crossed everyone

stone small green
15-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Stone Small

It is a great intraday platform. Using Spark I've just replayed the depth history of ADO over the last few days. Amazing.

thanks a lot,
Just had a look at it. Will have a try
and will decide if stick with this or move to metastock :D

stone small green
15-01-2010, 12:07 PM
volume 40m, up 16% in the first 5 minutes

Landyman
15-01-2010, 03:00 PM
volume 40m, up 16% in the first 5 minutes

And now the afternoon slump. 10.5 Hi, now just below 8

drillfix
15-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Stone Small

Hi David,

By chance would you know the advantages of Spark over say IRESS ???

As in, how much data in years can you back fill a chart.
Can you use Hot Keys to buy and sell and bypass add password to confirm
Also, can you continue to use your current broker, or what are the charges for using them or costs per trade?

There are a few things that I am not to keen on about IRESS ( which I use) and to see a such a page or table comparing the two platforms would be fantastic, if you happen to know of one.

I know one advantage of using iRess is that after 10 trades with say commsec its free.

Any info you can provide would be much appreciated. (also do you use spark?)

COLIN
15-01-2010, 09:02 PM

Presume you didn't hang around too long before you got rid of those?

MunsterNZ
13-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Interested if anybody here is holding ADO? Major slice of my portfolio that I have held for a number of years. They are at the pointy and of potential deals with Philips (HotCopper theory it is Philips) and Alere. Stock has rerated and is looking very good technically and fundamentally. Recent CR has them in a good cash position with about 7m in the bank. Good management with Geoff Cumming (Ex Roche) at the helm.

skeet
13-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Interested if anybody here is holding ADO? Major slice of my portfolio that I have held for a number of years. They are at the pointy and of potential deals with Philips (HotCopper theory it is Philips) and Alere. Stock has rerated and is looking very good technically and fundamentally. Recent CR has them in a good cash position with about 7m in the bank. Good management with Geoff Cumming (Ex Roche) at the helm.

Bought a small amount at .24c earlier this week, pretty much based on the theory there is a deal waiting in the wings.

clip
13-03-2014, 04:57 PM
same as skeet - had held earlier in the year but sold for a small profit, back in at 23.5 & 24c

tosspot
13-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Bought in yesterday at 25.5 I'll admit.I got.slightly caught up in the hot copper hype but if a deal is very close were all in the money

SirSlingy
13-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Yep - have been in for several months at around 16c so have happily ridden this baby up. As MunsterNZ mentioned, solid team behind ADO and if they pull off some of these contracts in the near term the price will head towards 50c IMO.

MunsterNZ
13-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Yes SirSlingy. Once a deal is signed it will run. Once the first one is over the post i am hoping for a domino effect with more deals coming in the near future. Geoff Cumming recently stated in a NY presentation they are targeting 10 deals with large to medium size companies in the next 4 years. I try and not get too excited by HC but the posters Twinvest and Biotech have done some insightful research. Twinvest blog is below if anyone is interested as it gives the background to the companies technology and potential deals.
Cheers,
Munst
http://visioninvesting.com.au/

Aotea
13-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Rumour mill is in full-swing re Phillips as deal #1, not far off. Have bought in four times in last few months and very happy. Decent buy support even on the red days.
Good luck, if this runs, its could be huge.

And yes, the hotcopper hype on ADO is second to none atm!

mickey2
16-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Bought some a while back because I thought they had a good product in an expanding market. I believe there could be a few big firms interested in their technology. Impressed with their news releases and pro-active involvement in industry conferences etc I haven't gotten round to reading Hot Copper yet.

clip
16-03-2014, 02:27 PM
from HotCopper - ADO's products are now available for sale

http://www.anteodx.com/page/products/New_Products/

couple of posts from Biotech who seems pretty onto it and not just a ramper

For those who don't understand these products. Here is my understanding.

AMG strep beads 2 mL - $370 AUD
market leading Dynabeads 2 mL - $492 AUD

Biosensor $250
Market competitors... None. It's disruptive.

Strep plates are also undercutting big brands making them the cheapest high sensitivity plates on the market. (I've seen labs plow through these by the hundreds).

This is a good START to the AMG product range. Beautiful products here, more beautiful cheap products to come. More disruptive products, and more cheap generics.

-----------------------------------

For those who don't understand the significance of what happened yesterday, here is my opinion.

Background: Anteo has now entered quality products into the BIOSEPARATIONS market. The prices released yesterday appear to be undercutting the market leading beads in magnetic bioseparations (dynabeads) produced by Life technologies.

From the streptavidin bead costs released yesterday, I have calculated a mark up of several hundred % from raw ingredient manufacturing costs. This is excellent for Anteo, it likely can't be beaten. But this is nowhere near as high as the markup that will achieve from other beads that will be released by Anteo in the future, which includes protein A and protein G coated immuno-precipitation magnetic beads...

One example I have highlighted below.

Price comparison: Anteo beads vs Dynabeads
50 mL protein A magnetic dynabeads : $5 630
50 mL protein G magnetic dynabeads : $5 470
Anteo protein A/G magnetic: manufacturing cost of $20 for same dry mass of beads.
Source - sepmag (http://sepmag.eu/blog/bid/210220/Cost-effective-Strategies-for-Bioprocessing-Using-Magnetic-Particles)
Source - Dynabeads (http://www.lifetechnologies.com/au/en/home/life-science/protein-expression-and-analysis/protein-sample-preparation-and-protein-purification/proteinspproteiniso-misc/protein-isolation/ig-purification-and-immunoprecipitation.html)

WHY ARE THESE BEADS SO DAMN CHEAP!?

Anteo bead ingredients: Raw beads, M&G, protein
Conventional beads: Raw beads, multiple layers of polymer coatings (time +resources), coupling chemistry (EDC/NHS), protein, and possibly a blocking agent.

Moral of this story: Anteo is not bound by the conventional limitations of manufacturing costs that are associated with other magnetic beads. Anteo can set any price they want and undercut the multi $b companies.. Twin mentioned some of these - Sigma, Life tech, Pierce, GE Healthcare etc..

All IMO only. DYOR.

NZSilver
30-05-2014, 09:01 AM
As Aotea put it; "And yes, the hotcopper hype on ADO is second to none atm!"

The classic HC pump and dump on this one - SP falling to 16 cents after reaching 28 cents, seems most recent ST member purchases on here were around the 23-24 cents. I also got caught up in the hype (even though I knew I was) and bought in with a small amount as a specy "to add some excitement to my portfolio" when really all it added was a paper loss in a few days. Anyway still holding - who else held on?

Looks like its broken out again - closing at 24.5 cents yesterday...

Product seems good and there is still much talk on HC about deals with big multinationals ie phillips

News on the horizon? hopefully!

NZSilver
30-05-2014, 09:01 AM
As Aotea put it; "And yes, the hotcopper hype on ADO is second to none atm!"

The classic HC pump and dump on this one - SP falling to 16 cents after reaching 28 cents, seems most recent ST member purchases on here were around the 23-24 cents. I also got caught up in the hype (even though I knew I was) and bought in with a small amount as a specy "to add some excitement to my portfolio" when really all it added was a paper loss in a few days. Anyway still holding - who else held on?

Looks like its broken out again - closing at 24.5 cents yesterday...

Product seems good and there is still much talk on HC about deals with big multinationals ie phillips

News on the horizon? hopefully!