PDA

View Full Version : Navitas (NVT) - Educational Services

COLIN
04-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Now here's a company that is going places and that provides a welcome relief from all the stomach ulcers and heartache and sleepless nights that go with trying to pick the right miners or oilers or gassers, e.g. the CUEs, VPEs, CFE's etc. of this world.

Check it out. Look at the steady, virtuous, climb in the bottom line each year. Check the latest half-year result. Look at the sp graph. Check the announcements re new contracts. Look at the sp performance today, as against all the other disappointments out there. Now, ask yourself, "just why wouldn't I want to invest in a company like that?"

DISC: Bought some a few days ago - should have been in much sooner. Now I'm off for my afternoon's quiet snooze - no ulcers, no sweats, no tears!

Footsie
04-02-2010, 05:51 PM
great company but how much is left in it. don't you think its a bit expensive.
like buying a VW golf at porsche prices

COLIN
04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
great company but how much is left in it. don't you think its a bit expensive.
like buying a VW golf at porsche prices

Footsie, while I realise that the P/E looks almost stratospheric I believe that today's prices will seem "cheap", looking back. The company obviously has a winning formula to be able to notch up NPAT gains of that nature, year after year, and the new contracts keep rolling in. Not only is it the largest provider of such services in Australia but it has a steadily-expanding global reach. The rising demands for education by wealthier students in rapidly-developing emerging markets is an obvious trend. Company has no problems with financing business development and pays out all its net earnings by way of dividend.

Bought some more today. Buyer demand still outweighs sellers. But, rest assured, if down the track the ducks no longer line up I will be moving on. My "sell trigger" these days, for any stock, is generally geared to decisive dips below the 100 days MA - "other things being equal, of course" - and I will decide what "being equal" means - we all need an "out clause" in our exit strategies, don't we!!

percy
04-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Colin,
Thanks for bringing this exciting company to my attention.Certainly "has a winning formula".Bit like buying chaff.Stuff that has been through the horse comes a little cheaper.I have taken note of your "sell trigger".With market flutuations the longer MA
would seem to be prudent.I sometimes think shares suffer from lack of news,ie nothing about the business alters but the SP is all over the place.

COLIN
05-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Is holding up reasonably well, in today's general slaughter. Helped no doubt by the announcement of a fourth US College affiliation - this time the highly regarded Boston (Mass). Read all about it, in the ASX release. Exciting stuff, to be sure.

percy
22-02-2010, 01:51 PM
the bull's share of the week is NVT.
www.thebull.com.au

COLIN
22-02-2010, 02:37 PM
the bull's share of the week is NVT.
www.thebull.com.au

Thanks for that. Always good to find others agreeing with one!

Footsie
22-02-2010, 02:48 PM
but the article is actually negative.
they said good company but they would only be buyers back at 2.00

COLIN
23-02-2010, 12:23 AM
but the article is actually negative.
they said good company but they would only be buyers back at 2.00

Sure, they highlight the point that there is high future expectation built into the current price, and they list a lot of cautionary "maybe's", but they might have to wait a very long time before the price is back to $2. If it does head that way you can be assured that I will be well and truly out, long before. At the moment the charts look strong, and I have good reason to believe that they are still firmly on the track of strong business growth and profit performance.

Snow Leopard
18-02-2014, 04:24 PM
No mention of Navitas for nearly 4 years by anyone, including me and I have some shares in it, despite it doing well for the last couple of years.

Seems to be in the sweet spot with good (20%pa) growth probably for the next couple of years.
But I am beginning to come to the opinion that it is now more than fully valued and will probably go with it until the trend appears to be breaking.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger