PDA

View Full Version : Charting software for Mac

Novitiate
12-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi there. I'm currently trading via the ASB platform and using their basic charting functions, but am looking for charting software for the Mac platform. Was hoping to use Incredible Charts or Metastock, but I see they are for pc only. Does anyone know of charting software available for the Mac?

P.S. Thanks to everyone (esp. Phaedrus - six colours is great) for sharing all your wonderful charts. Wish I had been disciplined enough to take heed of the information/advice and reduced my portfolio a couple of weeks ago.

stone small green
12-02-2010, 03:05 PM
U can run windows on mac, Parallels is a good program.
Or u can use Mac's own program called boot camp which require rebooting.

I guess running a windows program gives u more option regard the charting software..

SSG

Phaedrus
12-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Trendsetter Software offer 4 dedicated Mac charting programs. Here is their comparison table :-

http://www.trendsoft.com/tablemain.htm

I have no knowledge or experience of this software, but they claim to have been rated the "highest ranking Macintosh program for seven straight years".

acegolfer
12-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi Novitiate
A newbie and run a mac. I use pro real time. Does not do nz stocks. I use it for aus stocks. Lets me back test and and a really good selection of indicators. Screen can look a bit cluttered at times but that is probably because I try to run too many indicators at once. FREE for end of day prices, pay for up to the minute info. Like any program, it takes a while to come to grips with. The problem with running parallel windows is the amount of gb on your computer that it takes up. Hope that helps.

Thanks to everyone for the info and charts that you all give freely. You have and are teaching me a heap. I am amazed that everyone on this forum can be so generous with their time and information. Even though most of us junior members don't post that much (me never before) we appreciate all the efforts that everyone puts into this forum. Please don't stop. Phaedrus - I like the six colours. H.

Novitiate
13-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys for your suggestions. Will further investigate Trendsetter and pro real time as I would prefer not to have to run bootcamp or similar as I am usually running other memory intensive mac-based applications.

Thanks again for the info.