PDA

View Full Version : TOL - Toll Holdings - must be money to be made here somewhere

winner69
25-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Not a bad result and TOL shareprice gets thrashed and starts on run on the whole ASX

A 17% drop in one day is pretty horrendous .... so sometime there has to be money made in this sometime

Good one for you Dr Who and Bobcat

Interestingly the charts said one shouldn't have been holding TOL at the moment ..... Phaedrus Market Indicator implied sell any stocks that were showing weakness and funny enough TOL was showing weakness

Keep an eye on .... if Aust economy is doing well stuff needs to get moved around so TOL will continue to make money .... may, just maybe, this is the sign that Asut economy isn't doing all that well .... its all smoke and mirrors

h2so4
25-02-2010, 08:43 PM
After taking into account Depreciation and changes to working capital TOL is showing -cashflow. Invested capital is $3.9b. In the last 5 years TOL has had 3 -owner earning results. What will the market value TOL at? Who knows it's current value is $6b????????? and has shareholder equity of $2.6b.

Good point about the AUS economy.

Skol
26-02-2010, 05:34 PM
This just caught my attention this morning but from the chart it looks overdone. A real thumping, down again today so I took a punt at $6.78. Bigger volume today than yesterday, this could be all over by Monday as the punters absorb the news on the weekend.
Friday afternoons is often a good time to buy, some of the time.
Debt/equity 24%, can't be that bad, but I'm not an accountant.

macduffy
26-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I agree the selldown looks overdone.

I'm watching for a turnround.

Dr_Who
26-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Good one for you Dr Who and Bobcat

I am crunching some numbers as we speak. There are a number of interesting stocks looking cheap right now.

I am wondering if TOL is losing market share to its competitors.

Skol
26-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Maybe the news is not all that bad. Macquarie Group upgraded TOL from neutral to outperform, with a price target of $8.67. The punters can chew that one over during the weekend.

Looks like there have been several broker upgrades following Toll's hammering. Another values TOL at $7.75.

Skol
01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Up .48c so far, not bad. Managed to catch the falling knife-got lucky.

BRICKS
27-06-2010, 12:06 PM
TOL is within 16 cents of year low the whole market has fallen so is it time to TOL have noted that a few comments
have been made early this year but now gone quite with this price fall it seems a better BUY..

macduffy
27-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Trading update earlier this month was a bit flat which has probably flattened any buying enthusiasm meantime.

Technically, there doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to buy TOL - yet.

Still watching.

h2so4
27-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I think it is still trading well above its value. All I know is that its sp is not guided by any fundamentals, but by traders.

No matter which way the sp goes, I won’t be surprised.

macduffy
27-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I think it is still trading well above its value. All I know is that its sp is not guided by any fundamentals, but by traders.

No matter which way the sp goes, I won’t be surprised.

I know we're all sceptical of analysts' valuations but Morningstar recently had a Fair Value of $7.90 on TOL.

h2so4
28-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I know we're all sceptical of analysts' valuations but Morningstar recently had a Fair Value of $7.90 on TOL.

Yup and I'm sure there are lots of institutions holding and buying stock. But when Toll can't produce the cash and sees its share equity plunge from 5.8b in 2006 to 2.6b in 2010, it's not a share where I would be putting my money.