PDA

View Full Version : PLatinium stocks- Which one to pick?

Aotea
16-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Gidday Sharetrader gurus,

Im looking for a play in platinium and am ken to hear what companies others like,a nd have invested into. Small cap companies suit me fine, and Im all ears....any thoughts or advice?
cheers

Aotea
16-03-2010, 03:03 PM
To expand, Im looking for any small cap companies and any thoughts you may have about them...

macduffy
16-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I bought a few Sylvania Resources recently.

Low cost operator, produces platinum group metals (PGM) from chrome dumps in South Africa's Bushveld district, plans for their own mines.

Well regarded, experienced board; rhodium-rich production.

Worth a look.

http://www.sylvaniaresources.com/im/files/documents/SLV_FS_26Feb09.pdf

See also Sylvania thread.

shasta
16-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Gidday Sharetrader gurus,

Im looking for a play in platinium and am ken to hear what companies others like,a nd have invested into. Small cap companies suit me fine, and Im all ears....any thoughts or advice?
cheers

Two for you to look into are PLA & PGM. PGM is more an explorer at this stage which may suit your risk profile

I'll check my watchlists for other companies that fit the bill

drillfix
16-03-2010, 05:25 PM
NKP perhaps?

COLIN
27-05-2010, 01:24 PM
NKP comes out of Trading Halt, announcing:
(a) Good progress with Banking Feasibility Study, with lower project costs,
(b) Seeking dual-listing on Hong Kong Exchange, a good place for PMG stocks,
(c) A $10m placement at 50c Aus

and the share price goes down!
Doesn't compute, but that's the market. I guess some were expecting a takeover or something of that nature.

asc4
27-05-2010, 01:52 PM
The BFS has been postponed once again, for 4-6 weeks.
The placement was under about 20% under current price
NKP has avoided most of the bloodshed in the markets of late.
There were could have been alot of short-termers/traders in hoping for a T/O or excise of Xstratas option.

So a downturn in price is not a massive surprise.
I think the delays are primarily Xstrata playing hard ball with its 500mill option (JULY?) (which should be exicised if the final BFS is positive), and making NKP do extra drilling etc. to de-risk the project.

I would look for entry later, I think this will drop while all of the above situations right themselves. It is a big resource and it has being de-risked by a thorough BFS.

I hold.

COLIN
27-05-2010, 05:48 PM
The BFS has been postponed once again, for 4-6 weeks.
The placement was under about 20% under current price
NKP has avoided most of the bloodshed in the markets of late.
There were could have been alot of short-termers/traders in hoping for a T/O or excise of Xstratas option.

So a downturn in price is not a massive surprise.
I think the delays are primarily Xstrata playing hard ball with its 500mill option (JULY?) (which should be exicised if the final BFS is positive), and making NKP do extra drilling etc. to de-risk the project.

I would look for entry later, I think this will drop while all of the above situations right themselves. It is a big resource and it has being de-risked by a thorough BFS.

I hold.

Thanks, asc. I had erroneously compared the placement price with the options (NKPO) price when assessing the placement price - no wonder I was puzzled! That discount would certainly explain the price weakness today.

I continue to hold the options.

Aotea
27-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the advice folks....for the record I decided to up my holding in KAS and flagged platinum for now...cheers

COLIN
11-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks, asc. I had erroneously compared the placement price with the options (NKPO) price when assessing the placement price - no wonder I was puzzled! That discount would certainly explain the price weakness today.

I continue to hold the options.

Had been contemplating getting rid of my NKPOs, which had been mouldering away for quite a while, but there seems to have been a resurgence of buying interest in the last few days and now I have them on my watchlist for possible additions.

JBmurc
18-10-2015, 11:03 AM
platinum prices past $1000.... NKP now 60% controlled by Zijin ....will be for sure after the rest ...I have brought a position and joined a group of just over 100 holders that hope to secure a fair price 25c+

I also like the fact with Zijin taking out the largest holder they also brought a requirement to fund NKP 8mill+ so no need for CR anytime soon

Xerof
18-10-2015, 11:15 AM
'On yer JB.

I have successfully traded in and out of this one a few times over the years, and avoided being trapped by the constant suspensions. I re-entered a few weeks ago at 6.6, during the 'black monday' fiasco. Will hold these now until our 'leader' negotiates the T/O

Not a big exposure, but this is at an interesting stage - Z needs to buy us out, but collectively 20% of the 40% remaining is sitting tight, probably more. 25c is a bit light, have you seen the private valuations?

JBmurc
18-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Yeah I've heard of higher valuation and they certainly do have a great resource ...I just don't see Zijin paying up after getting Genorahs stake for so cheap... I wouldn't be surprised to see Zijin announce a cheap 12-15c off before the end of the year....personal buying in at 9.5c av. I'll be over the moon with 20c+ within a year etc

But I'm happy to join the 100+ S/Hs getting together which I understand hold over 20% of the shares so will have some weight in dealing with Zijin ..

Xerof
18-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Take into account that Genorah still hold 26% of the RESOURCE, being the BEE, so the shareholding in NKP was a bit of a sideshow for them in reality, and in-fighting cost them dearly - they turned down 50 cents and then ran out of money lol. Their real gain comes with side-deals made with Z over development and free-carry through LOM

You sell yourself short at 25 cents, but agree Z will attempt to lowball in the first instance.

JBmurc
18-10-2015, 08:26 PM
You certainly wouldn't think there was a chance of seeing a good Takeover price going from the market depth and recent trading.... seems to be very overlooked... unloved >>> might have to buy a few more at these levels

Joshuatree
06-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Lost most of my dough on this stock a while back when landau and cronies were running it and other companies. CCC , Continental coal may have been another which imploded.?

JBmurc
06-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Going from the e-mail received recently(from the leader of the Minor Holders Group 20%+) certainly sounds like Zijin want to wrap up control of NKP before pushing the project ahead ,,,will be increasing my holding

Joshuatree
06-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Cheers JB.Looks like a very different company now.

JBmurc
06-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Yes and now with the AUD much lower I think NKP won't be fully taking over for less than 25c AUD and more likely see closer to 30c
Now I just need a few more shares and I'll be a happy camper come late Jan/FEB 2016

JBmurc
08-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Been buying more NKP of late ... total holding now over 800k 9c av..

Only a matter of time till JJ must cough up and pay for least the other 30% they don't already hold ...JJ master's wanted it taken care of before 2016 ,,,,but very unlikely

Joshuatree
14-12-2015, 02:20 PM
While i never take much notice when a poster shares numbers of shares held..........Jeepers you'll be needing the proverbial spheres of steel JB, holding this one.

JBmurc
14-12-2015, 03:48 PM
I'd be more stressed if I didn't have a big holding ...now it's just kick back and wait for Zijin / JJ Takeover offer ..It's not an if but when...

Valuation done by Venmynn Deloitte Johannesburg back in December 2014 it was suggested under a "reserve in ground valuation" Nkwe was worth USD20-USD36cents per share !!... so downside IMHO (outside Platinum crashing) is round 25c AUD upside high 30's

As we know Zijin/JJ need min 30.1% of the 40% they do not hold to take full control ....the very United Minorities Group holds least 30% with other major holders outside group keen to stand with the Minorities when it come to the Neg a value ....

Joshuatree
23-12-2015, 03:21 PM
S (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvTUMN5Q q4pm6NsJlJ2%2Fk%3D)pecial annual general meeting in Bermuda.Whats the reasoning here JB? Re the 2 questions ; how is that going to effect/ motivate/ trigger the takeover?

JBmurc
31-12-2015, 03:15 PM
RESULTS OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS
In accordance with Listing Rule 3.13.2, Nkwe Platinum Limited (ASX: NKP) (ìNkwe
Platinumî or ìthe Companyî) wishes to advise that the following resolutions put to
shareholders at the Annual General Meeting of the Company held on 23 December 2015
at Clarendon House, 2 Church Street, Hamilton HM 11, Bermuda, were passed on a
majority of validly appointed proxies. Resolution 1: Election of Director ñ Qixue Fang
Resolution 2: Election of Director ñ Richard Jones
In addition, information in relation to the resolutions passed by members of the Company
is also attached.
Yours faithfully
Zhilin Li
Managing Director
Nkwe Platinum Limited....

A new MD I see ...NKP mgmt really don't give a toss for shareholders or keeping the market updated ...

As to the EGM It's all about us monitories (making up round 30% NKP ) getting fair representation and option extension ....

A piece from the minitories leader recent e-mail-

On the 23rd December, Nkwe announced that the EGM will go ahead and that the Chairman will be voting against the resolutions put forward by minorities.

I have mentioned that the main thing is to sterilise the NKP votes that belong to Jin Jiang Mining in the upcoming EGM. The good thing is that I already have the "Settlement and Release Deed".

Also from that e-mail ....pre xmas feedback from minority group members that has spoken to Keith Bowker (Nkwe Company Secretary)

-"Ernst and Young will be independent. The will not risk their reputation by fixing the valuation" ( B.S)

-"The board is independent and it's irrelevant what shareholders think" (again complete BS)

-"From the last valuation I saw its 10-12cents". (you have to be joking 30% of the 40% NKP shares JJ/Zijin don't hold are held by our Minorities Group that stand behind their leader to fight tooth and nail for a fair offer 30cps+ )

Simple fact is JJ was meant to have NKP all wrapped up well before 2016 ...as we can see the last MD failed to do this(Zijin Not happy) ...now will the new MD be more proactive...

JBmurc
11-01-2016, 10:23 PM
IMHO in 20-30yrs etc we will see....Hyd Fuel cells take the mantle from current crude oil powered motors ....electric batteries will just never gain market ...to long charge time + short range + high costs to replace batteries(last 100-150kms) + will end up overloading power supply ,,coal,nuclear,nat gas

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...allenges-facing-electric-vehicles-that-f.aspx

I think most investors in Tesla and other battery-electric efforts just kind of assume that recharging times will drop significantly as the technology advances. Maybe they will. But the world's largest maker of green cars is betting that they won't -- and that long recharging times will prove to be an insurmountable obstacle to mass adoption of electric cars.
One would think that Toyota (NYSE:TM) could easily build a battery-electric car to rival Tesla's Model S, or at least its upcoming Model 3. After all, Toyota has been building hybrids for almost two decades. It has a wealth of experience with batteries.
But Toyota's scientists don't see a way to reduce charging times enough to overcome consumers' objections -- at least, not without massive inefficiencies. That's why the company has put its efforts behind hydrogen fuel cells -- a "better battery," as Toyota executives say.

http://www.angloamericanplatinum.com/market-development/fuel-cell-electric-vehicles.aspx

PLATINUM IS THE KEY TO A GREEN FUTURE FOR THE CAR INDUSTRY

As a leading supplier of platinum and a supporter of hydrogen powered Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs), we will continue to partner with industry and governments, contributing to demonstration programmes and infrastructure deployment to secure the future of FCEVs and the future of platinum as a catalyst to this clean, sustainable solution.

http://blog.iseecars.com/2015/10/18...d-test-2016-toyota-mirai-vs-2016-kia-soul-ev/
To our way of thinking these drawbacks were way too much for us to deal with. Perhaps an electric would be a fine around town extra or third car to run errands in. But due to charging limitations it will never have the versatility of the Hydrogen Mirai what with its speedier refueling times and longer range. It’s just that for now you have to live in California only and apply to buy one on Toyota’s website.
But hydrogen vehicles are now available from Hyundai and soon Honda will unveil its new FCEV hydrogen sedan as an obvious rival for the Mirai. The most interesting news was that Honda and General Motors had partnered a few years back to work together on hydrogen projects with apparently Honda taking charge of R&D and GM working on getting a national hydrogen infrastructure built. And how much might that cost? According to one GM executive we spoke to, getting a hydrogen station to within easy driving distance of 75% of the population would cost 7 to $8 billion dollars.
That sounded steep until we realized, isn’t that how much the Pentagon pays for a new hammer? Now while full electrics are the answer according to the greenest of the greener, we have to say we would rather own and drive a hydrogen powered car like the Mirai. The reasons are just too obvious to ignore.

JBmurc
15-01-2016, 12:35 PM
-Approved Environmental Authorisation massive tick for NKP more valued added to Project....

my pick once the opts have expired Zijin/JJ well announce T/O offer backed up by new valuation to their favour ...my pick 12-15c

But this will be rejected by the minority Group ....where we go from there will be down to many factors

JBmurc
08-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Platinum crossed $1000oz USD last night after recent low $800oz USD trading ...Zijin will be putting the acid on JJ and others to get NKP sorted
for T/O before valuation continues to increase >>>

JBmurc
23-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Value hunters finally looking into NKP today... yet the cappers still at play 7.2c right upto the close ....then the whole $99 worth of shares dumped into 6.9c buy .. T/A wise 7c+ close be great ..maybe tomorrow

Joshuatree
23-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Good to see a lift. Holding a small speculative parcel. Lost dough on this co way back and back to make it up in circumstances which hopefully favour us holders this time round.Sure was a stacked dodgy deck back then and still an impasse to get through.Not as confident as you JB but I'm beside you. Hows the leg/knee?

JBmurc
24-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Good to see a lift. Holding a small speculative parcel. Lost dough on this co way back and back to make it up in circumstances which hopefully favour us holders this time round.Sure was a stacked dodgy deck back then and still an impasse to get through.Not as confident as you JB but I'm beside you. Hows the leg/knee?

Yes mgmt / board have badly let down shareholders for some time ....but very simply you can't keep down such a great project at these panthic price levels ...NKP being valued at less than $2 per PGM resource oz when the AUD price is $1400oz+ then the fact it's going have a much cheaper AISC than the much deeper PGM mines in S.A ...

As we know NKP mgmt role is two fold #1 progress the project into production #2 take full control of the company .....Zijin 60% shareholder is in full control of mgmt/board but not ownership ....

As part of the minority group than hold most of the shares that Zijin don't hold ..we have a very united group/leader wanting a fair price aka -40c-50c AUD (uses NKP net PGM reserves at only $40 per oz USD)

the knee yes is coming along S.L.O.W.L.Y ...bloody cold down here at the moment so lazy on the exercise

cammo
01-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Finally dropped into nkp today ...a little higher than jt probably but I reckon it'll pay off . Been watching for a while...hanging for a rerate or decent announcement

JBmurc
01-06-2016, 11:08 PM
Very good ...If your planning to hold till T/O offer then you should join the rest of us 250+ shareholders of the Minority Group

Xuan Khoa Pham-leader email- xuankhoapham150183@gmail.com

Xuan is great and sending out updates ..it's all about getting Zijin to the table to neg a fair price for our combined blocking stake to full take over..

JBmurc
16-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Sounds like after so many years we NKP holders might be very close to the end battle with the Zijin Group IMHO 4-6 weeks till Mining License which will be the catalyst for Zijin to move for controlling stake aka 90% of NKP (they hold 59%) ....as we know they will need full control to be able to source the 650mill+ loan from the Chinese Development Fund (which has PGMs as a key investment)

the "Minorities United Group" holds between 20-30%(the leading representative will be in talks with Zijin's Vice Chairman Mr Lan Fusheng at present going from last email)

so if you are sitting on the sidelines ...time is running out..Zijin/JJ can only keep the SP down at these stupid levels for so long ...

cammo
21-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Tempted to drop some more in here jbmurc. What is the worst case....zijin drag investors along til they sell for next to nothing?

JBmurc
21-06-2016, 09:10 PM
IMHO worst case 10c-12c ....best case 40c+ ...."Zijin will talk and negotiate" once all the remaining project issues are resolved with the South African government.4-6 weeks to go !!..... (from NKP leader of Minorities United Group latest email ).... so I'm 90% sure its just what price we can get for the shares ...well known Zijin want to get our shares as cheap as possible ...10-12c of course I know of no-one keen on such an offer ,,,,

40c would value the entire company around 350mill ... pretty cheap for one of the best undeveloped PGM projects in the world ....

At current prices and the old 2010 scoping study just the main project (around half of the resources)would give a 17yr mine life + EBIT- 3.2bill ...huge exploration upside no reason why NKP assets would wouldn't return north of 10 billion in earnings over the next 2-3 decades ..

heisenberg
28-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Any updates on NKP?

Joshuatree
28-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Yep are you a shareholder; if so get on the email list. Patience required as Zijn are like the scorpio"its in my nature" and are doing their best to stiff shareholders who have a voice and by being united will hopefully get bought out at a fair price.

heisenberg
28-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Yeah - a small holding purchased a couple of weeks ago at the 6.2c mark. I see a lot of people buying up large here... Will be an interesting one to be involved with

JBmurc
29-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Yes good to have you on board ....in hindsight I wish I was only buying now as well ..having so much capital tied up for so long (long being nearly a year) ...I've missed out on many great returns from other companies I would have held ...still won't complain if all goes to plan and we see an offer before 2017 ....

JBmurc
02-08-2016, 01:13 PM
http://www.mining.com/platinum-palladium-price-exploded-in-july/

While most industrial metals and minerals have enjoyed a good week and month, including unlikely candidates such as thermal coal and iron ore, precious metals is still where the action is.

After underperforming gold in 2016, platinum has now overtaken the yellow metal with a year to date advance of a shade under 34%. A chunk of those gains came just the last week with the spot price climbing 6%. The precious metal was up 12.7% in July and started August with a bang to exchange hand $1,162 an ounce in early afternoon trade on Monday, making it the best monthly performance since 2012.

SCHUMACHER
02-08-2016, 01:27 PM
This may not be the most intelligent question ive posted, but whats holding NKP back if platinum slightly outrunning gold at the moment- can someone care to enlighten me ?

SCHUMACHER
02-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Sorry - late to the party - and answered my own question :)
Nkwe Platinum Limited (ìNkwe Platinumî or ìthe Companyî) (ASX: NKP) reports its activities for the quarter ended
30 June 2016 on the Companyís operations in the Republic of South Africa. SUMMARY
 Dr Tan Tielong appointed as Managing Director and chief Executive Officer, effective 2 May 2016.  An announcement on settlement of court proceedings: International Petroleum Limited, was released on 20
May 2016.  Eskom granted Environmental Authorisation for Garatau grid power project. Company Overview
The Garatau Project consists of three contiguous properties Garatouw 282KT, Hoepakrantz 291KT and De Kom
252KT, located in the Eastern Limb of the Bushveld Complex, approximately 20 kilometres to the northwest of
Steelpoort town, in an established mining district with extensive existing infrastructure. Nkwe Platinum owns 74%
of the Mining Right. To date the project has an independently estimated total resource of 43.69 million ounces (Moz) of 3
PGE + Au (20.51 Moz from Hoepakrantz, 21.78 Moz from Garatouw and 1.40 Moz from De Kom). A
summary of the Garatau Mineral Resource Statement is given in Table 1 below. A technical feasibility and commercial viability of extracting these mineral resources has been
demonstrated by the delivered definitive feasibility study. The critical mining regulatory
authorisations such as the Mining Right and Environmental Authorisations are all in place. There are no exploration activities currently taking place. CORPORATE
Board Changes
Dr Tan Tielong was appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nkwe
Platinum, effective 2 May 2016. This followed the resignation of Mr Zhilin (Abraham) as
Managing Director of the Company on the same day. Dr Tan Tielong was previously appointed Deputy General Manager of Overseas Development
Department of Zijin Mining Group in 2013. He was in charge of coordinating and supervising
Zijinís overseas operations. Settlement of Court Proceedings: International Petroleum Limited
The court proceedings between Nkwe Platinum and International Petroleum Limited (ìIPLî) have
been settled on the basis that each party has agreed to its claim against the other being
dismissed, with no order as to costs. Under the settlement agreement, Nkwe Platinum paid
$280,000 to IPL being full and final settlement. In return Nkwe Platinum acquired IPLís 10%
interest (including any beneficial interest) in the Mining Rights in Hoepakrantz 291KT. This means
the Companyís beneficial ownership of the Hoepakrantz 291KT Mining Right has increased to
74% from 64% with the other 26% held by Genorah Resources (Pty) Limited

JBmurc
02-08-2016, 02:21 PM
What's holding back NKP is the "Zijin Group" ...they have been a cancer for NKP shareholders .... soon as they gained the controlling 60% stake they just put NKP (world class tier 1 PGM projects on the shelf) as yet another asset to their portfolio and have done next to nothing to advance the project outside very recent times ...

As we know Zijin already having pre-approved government loans of 400mill+ to see NKP a world Major PGM producer...

To put NKP current value into perspective ..the last PR done by NKP was a presentation released to the market was Sept 2010 .. 6 years ago!!! at the time the SP was 49c with huge upside to come $1+ etc

Platinum at the time was lower in the local SA Rand by just over 10% ....and around $1700oz AUD (currently 1500oz)

SCHUMACHER
02-08-2016, 03:34 PM
What's holding back NKP is the "Zijin Group" ...they have been a cancer for NKP shareholders .... soon as they gained the controlling 60% stake they just put NKP (world class tier 1 PGM projects on the shelf) as yet another asset to their portfolio and have done next to nothing to advance the project outside very recent times ...

As we know Zijin already having pre-approved government loans of 400mill+ to see NKP a world Major PGM producer...

To put NKP current value into perspective ..the last PR done by NKP was a presentation released to the market was Sept 2010 .. 6 years ago!!! at the time the SP was 49c with huge upside to come $1+ etc

Platinum at the time was lower in the local SA Rand by just over 10% ....and around $1700oz AUD (currently 1500oz)

Another wealth destroying story for the small guy - i recall similiar thing happened to AGS - Beverly 4 mile AND THEY LOST OUT to Heathcote however AGS should never have farmed out so much so that they would lose control -

NKP may be able to sell their stake for say 2 to 4 x current price but once that happens the world class asset disappears and these clowns have nicked an asset for a fraction of market value mmm same old same old- reminds me of those early days of the corporate raiders of the 80's and 90's :)

****so i guess question now is - what would these raiders offer NKP shareholders for the remaining 40% stake?

JBmurc
02-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Another wealth destroying story for the small guy - i recall similiar thing happened to AGS - Beverly 4 mile AND THEY LOST OUT to Heathcote however AGS should never have farmed out so much so that they would lose control -

NKP may be able to sell their stake for say 2 to 4 x current price but once that happens the world class asset disappears and these clowns have nicked an asset for a fraction of market value mmm same old same old- reminds me of those early days of the corporate raiders of the 80's and 90's :)

****so i guess question now is - what would these raiders offer NKP shareholders for the remaining 40% stake?

I've done a few numbers and from talking with many of the other members of the minority Group (which holds 24-26%)
I understand 40c AUD would be a very fair acceptable starting price (still dirt cheap for Zijin)

...but of course PGM prices have increased another 15% in value since then so mid 40's could well be the new fair value price.... from memory I used only $40 USD per reserve PGM oz

Last year EVN.asx offered some $60-70 per reserve gold oz for my PXG shares (and they got control of PXG not long after final offer)

Of course Zijin will make a pathetic ..maybe 10-12c offer once Mining Right Registration is finalized ..backed up with a crooked valuation report...

But they need us to accept to gain full control .....so it's going be a fight to the death ....

Joshuatree
04-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Platinum, Palladium May be New Focus in Precious Metals Rally (http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/08/02/platinum-palladium-may-be-new-focus-in-precious-metals-rally/)

SCHUMACHER
04-08-2016, 04:12 PM
So the question is when will NKP run :)

SCHUMACHER
04-08-2016, 04:36 PM
So the question is when will NKP run :)

However i tend to stay away from companies like NKP that have legal scraps with big players trying to #$%@ them which is exactly NKP story

JBmurc
04-08-2016, 04:54 PM
However i tend to stay away from companies like NKP that have legal scraps with big players trying to #$%@ them which is exactly NKP story

Yes and in hindsight I should have keeped NKP on the watchlist and waited to the present to buy in ..at the time thought Zijin was going move for a T/O going from talk around at the time ...still Zijin will have major pressure to take full control once mining licence is issued as to access the Chinese development loan 400mill+ they are required to have full control ...then add in PGM prices continue to head higher .....time is not on Zijin side

shasta
04-08-2016, 06:47 PM

Companies involved in legal scraps either internally or with JV partners always puts me off, waste of money and takes the eye of the ball.

NKP - i'm following the story, but like my old favourite oiler OEL, just doesnt look good.

Quality management and whose on the share register give me a better level of comfort, ie the likes of AZS with Mark Creasy a large shareholder

SCHUMACHER
04-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Me too - im following the story also but wary of the political issues, battles they face with a majority JV holder wanting to screw the little guy -AGS went through this with the Blues brothers and heathgate- sounds like shannigans of Wall Street Bankers trying to bundle up and sell toxic debt to investors in disguise ( CDO's -" the big short ") LOL well maybe not that bad aye :D anyway ill keep it on my watchlist for now as they do have a big asset and price of platinum has turned for now

JBmurc
05-08-2016, 08:23 PM
From Minority leader ....

-ASIC are launching an investigation into Nkwe..

-on the back of a GUILTY VERDICT by ASIC ...Minority NKP S/H will sue NKWE mgmt on "cover up of fraud", "illegal related party loans" and "stealth takeover" ....

- Zijin controlled NKP mgmt can stop S/H legal action via coming to the table and negotiate a fair offer (40c+ per share + payout of expired opts etc)

JBmurc
11-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Huge surge in the PGM overnight platinum touched 1191oz ....currently up $22 at $1175oz USD

- Palladium up even more some $30oz overnight

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-10/gold-climbs-for-second-day-as-dollar-weakens-on-fed-rate-outlook

JBmurc
05-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Glaux concludes, and I quote, that the platinum market is likely to be in deficit for each of the years from 2016 through 2021 at an average annual deficit of 250,000 ounces. As a result, prices will rise over the period. Mine supply is not expected to rise significantly with older established mines declining, particularly as investment has been depressed due to low prices in recent years but also as part of a longer-term trend.

https://agmetalminer.com/2016/02/01/platinum-supplydemand-glaux-and-hsbc-predictions-through-2021/

JBmurc
05-09-2016, 11:05 PM
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...n-sale-date-for-hydrogen-fuel-cell-cars-45522

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...-hydrogen-fuel-cell-colorado-truck-in-october

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/30/hyundai-plans-a-cheaper-fuel-cell-vehicle-with-more-range/

Joshuatree
13-10-2016, 10:39 PM
NKP. Rather Grim news folks; another big barrier to climb
Letter from South African Department of Mineral Resources
PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01789311)

heisenberg
14-10-2016, 08:31 AM
I guess the question is... will this make Zijin take charge of the situation or will he let it be another hurdle in the horrible story that is NKP? My gut says the latter

I only have a small parcel but the money could be used elsewhere

JBmurc
14-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Yes NKP been ongoing disaster ,,I'm sure the Chinese Government backed Zijin group will not allow any of their PGM projects to not be fully controlled by the group they already have the funding approved to develop ...

JBmurc
13-06-2017, 08:52 PM
FURTHER UPDATE ON NOTICE FROM THE SOUTH AFRICAN DEPARTMENT OF MINERAL
RESOURCES
Nkwe Platinum Limited (ASX: NKP) (“Nkwe Platinum” or “the Company”) refers to its
previous announcements regarding the Section 47 Notice received from the South African
Department of Mineral Resources (“Department”) regarding the warning for possible
cancellation of the mining right over Garatouw 282KT.
Through the continual engagements with the Department, the Company is pleased to
announce that it has complied with all the Department’s conditions. The Department is
satisfied with the Company’s submissions and the Company is now awaiting the final
decision by the Honourable Minister of Mineral Resources, a process outside the control
of the Company.
The Company has a 74% interest in the Garatouw 282KT mining right and is confident that
it will retain its interest in the mining right.
The Company will provide further updates as and when received.
Yours faithfully
Dr Tielong Tan
Managing Director
Nkwe Platinum Limited

JBmurc
14-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Some great reading on latest Platinum outlook (BULLISH)

https://www.platinuminvestment.com/supply-and-demand/platinum-quarterly

Joshuatree
14-06-2017, 10:11 PM
JB you've awakened from a quiet spell and getting busy on small/nanocap resource stocks.What makes you so sure this sector is stirring? Its been dismal generally for a while imo.Time to get in ?.Ok Goldies are picking up price wise ; I haven't checked other metals atp.

JBmurc
15-06-2017, 09:19 AM
well not all resource stocks not touching any bulk commodities or most of the base metals ....BUL because of the Aus east coast Gas issues COB ,,as there is very few pure Cobalt plays on the market ..(and just look at the cobalt spot price spike of late)
MCR-IRC-RSG-RMS etc because of the AUD Gold price and profits /cash piles these guys are going generate ..
SILVER BULLION ...6 yr bear market ....

As the chart below shows ...never been a better time to shift funds from the bubble sectors of the market

JBmurc
15-06-2017, 11:34 AM
JB, you seem to be in the know on resource stocks- whats your take on SFX? Seems to tick all the boxes

Very Nice find there SeanL 5-10 bagger in the making I'd say ....T/A great BUY long term hold and I'd say 2020-23 one would be very happy holder...

will be adding to watchlist ...if NKP plays out right I'll most likely buy a truckload

JBmurc
15-06-2017, 10:24 PM
I cant get why it hasn't been found prior to now, Ive been a holder for a year now. Cant understand why it hasn't already started to move - Mining lease was signed off by native tribunal today, so hopefully my 52c can get to around $8

Yes the market is a funny beast I just looked over the recent presentation so no SFX expert ..but looks very nice project

T/A wise nothing to get excited about as sideways to downtrending ... I would most likely buy a small amount say 3-5k purely on the fundamentals upside ...(best way to keep an eye on)

Then if it breaks past 65c BUY say 10-20k more on the uptrend ... still good few years till cash starts to flow so who know when the market will really warm up and give them decent value for forward earnings.... closer it gets and doesn't get noticed the more I'd BUY but with tight stop losses

shasta
16-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Platinum stocks with resources worth a look, PAN, ARV both have decent size resources. i hold ARV.

The next 'bubble' could well be Rare Earths in particular NdPr, being Neodymium and Praseodymium, i really like PEK and HAS.

The recent PEK presentation is well worth a read, especially for those who missed out on the cobalt surge looking for the next bubble...

JBmurc
17-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Yes certainly out of favour Platinum ....but I think it will be forced upwards past GOLD much sooner than we think 2018-19 etc

http://www.miningmx.com/opinion/columnists/29850-pernicious-ideology-breaking-sas-mining-sector/

seriously thinking about buying into ETPMPT.asx ....ETF in Plat Bullion in AUD ... might not double overnight but 20-30% could be in the offering over a year etc and without the issues with SA locals or Mgmt

JBmurc
25-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Could we long suffering NKP finally see NKP trading again and IMHO takeover offer from Zijin controlled JJ .....with 880k shares a 10-12c offer will be very tempting

QUARTERLY REPORT AND APPENDIX 5B FOR THE QUARTER ENDED 30 JUNE 2017 - AMENDED
Nkwe Platinum Limited (ìNkwe Platinumî or ìthe Companyî) (ASX: NKP) is pleased to provide the
following report on its activities for the quarter ended 30 June 2017 on the Companyís
operations in the Republic of South Africa. SUMMARY
 Water Use Licence for the Garatau Project is imminent.  Budget quote for Grid power for mine operation pending.  Bulk water supply for the mine will be sourced from Lepelle Northern Water Board.

cammo
25-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Yes have a few of these I bought in 2016. Hoping for 14c tho

JBmurc
25-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Yes have a few of these I bought in 2016. Hoping for 14c tho

I won't complain with 14c or higher >> just want my investment back and some profit for the stuff around ... will also be a great kick for my 2017 comp chances with last traded price 4.5c !

cammo
25-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Hopefully see something before EOY. It feels like the Chinese are over waiting now.

JBmurc
26-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Yes I really don't think the Chinese masters will let the opportunity to finally complete the takeover of NKP go once water rights and Mining licence is issued ....(we know they have the rights to the 000's millions in funding approved from the Chinese Govt Development fund)

.IMHO well before Xmas we will be offered 8-10c for our shares >> still the minority Group holding the bulk of the shares will fight for a much higher price from the sounds of it(which is fair enough on asset value) .... personal going be hard not to take least half my invested funds as I do have an upcoming GST bill in Oct around 10c

JBmurc
16-11-2017, 08:51 PM
The suspension of trading in the securities of Nkwe Platinum Limited (the “Company”) will
be lifted from commencement of trade tomorrow 17 November 2017, following receipt of an
announcement regarding the status of the Company’s mining right over farm Garatouw
282KT.

YES YESSSSS about bloody time could well be 100,000 reason why I will be a very happy holder after relist

any long suffering NKP we might finally make a dollar