PDA

View Full Version : Pro Trader

Disciple
23-03-2010, 09:36 PM
First timer Hi to you all
Has anybody any information about Pro Trader?

drillfix
24-03-2010, 07:09 PM
What would you like to know?

Also, when you say pro trader, are you referring to the Charting package form Egoli or MD News?

IF so, yes its ok, it has intraday charts, it has delayed 20min data, it has a whole bunch of tools.

Its pretty basic though, I used to find it very useful, but its alot of work to manage stuff quickly I find (get codes, draw, change things).

Other than that, for free, its great and I still have it installed on my computer and have a look from time to time.

Anything else you want to know?

Disciple
24-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Should have been more explicit in my question.Its an Australian outfit Pro Trader Securities founder Frank Watkins.
Offers a software platform for filtering the ASX and promotes Nick Darvas box theory.
Hope this gives you a bit more information to work with Drillfix.
Cheers

drillfix
24-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Hi again D,

Oh, I see~! Yep it does help to be more specific because as you know, the term Pro Trader will give you millions of hits google wide.

You mean here: http://www.pro-trader.com.au/broking.asp

I have seen this company and considered them. Though, I am not keen on their pricing, as if its a trader you wish to be, then they will make you go broke with their brokerage @ $60.50 a pop. But saying that, they allow Free Stops, Trails, Limits and platform which is fine, but there are brokerage out there that does $14.95 and I will do my own stop thanks (Amscott), or Bell Direct for $15 that also give you free stops, trails and limits etc etc.

They say but you get the software and stuff, but it honestly depends on what level of service you require. I am unclear whether the data and software is Realtime and if you want ASX and their program it runs at a cost of $1254.00/yr, but thats only for the Software/Data.

If you want all the bells and whistles then the fee upfront is $2450 for the first 12 months and then $660 annual renewal fee plus, other exchanges may be added at only $120 per annum per exchange.

I guess it depends mate, it depends on you primarily, it depends on what your expectations are, it depends on how much funds you have to throw at education, it depends on how many trades and many things.

Now I realise you never asked us here, what we thought of them (for you) but rather, if we have heard of them. The answer is Yes, we have.

IMO, there are many ways to go, this was one I had considered taking but did not. I well might have been though, but hopefully others here will also be able to share their knowledge with you, which will help you in your quest for information that you seek.

Anyways D, I hope this has been of some help to you. :)