PDA

View Full Version : ARD-Argent minerals--SILVER,gold,zinc-muti bagger micro

JBmurc
21-04-2010, 12:38 PM
You guys know how much I'm Bullish Silver here's a small mirco-cap jnr explorer one day producer I found...............buying a small parcel

41mill head shares outstanding
48mill option's ex. date june 2011 20c(will raising another est 9mill)
Current SP- 19c (Mktvalue just under 8mill)
Top 20 shareholders -64% TOP 4 -42%

Physical
In‐Pit Plant Feed
Oxide and Transitional-2.7 mt @ 76g/t Ag and 0.11 g/t Au
Primary-3.6 mt @ 66 g/t Ag, 0.07 g/t Au, 0.6% Pb and 1.2% Zn
Total-6.3 mt @ 70 g/t Ag and 0.09 g/t Au
Throughput
600,000 tpa
Life of Mine (LOM)
10.5 years
LOM Payable Production
12.2 million ozs of Silver
15,000 ozs of Gold
31,000 tonnes of Zinc in concentrates
11,000 tonnes of Lead in concentrates
Financial
LOM Revenue-$351 million
LOM Operating Costs-$248 million (includes contingencies of 10%)
LOM Operating Surplus-$103 million
LOM Capex-$42 million
includes initial capex of $31m and contingencies of 20%
Net Cash Flow Before Tax-$61 million
Initial Capex pay‐back-4.25 years
NPV at 10% Discount-$20 million
IRR-23.1%

ASX ANNOUNCEMENT
20 April 2010
INDEPENDENT SCOPING STUDY CONFIRMS POTENTIAL FOR
A ROBUST MINING PROJECT AT KEMPFIELD
Argent Minerals Limited (Argent ASX:ARD) is pleased to announce the positive results of the Independent Scoping Study to produce silver, gold, lead and zinc from its Kempfield, NSW, property. The Study has been managed and co‐ordinated by Gemell Mining Engineers, independent consultants to Argent.
Key outcomes include:

Agitated Leach plus Flotation of leached tails to produce Silver, Lead and Zinc;

10.5 year life of mine (LOM) at 600,000 tpa;

Payable production of 12 million ounces of Silver, and 42,000 tonnes of Lead / Zinc;

LOM operating cost, net of other metal credits, of $10.27 (US$9.24) per ounce of Silver compared to the 19 April 2010 price of $19.19 (US$17.60) per ounce of Silver.
In addition the Kempfield VMS mineralised system is only partially drilled and has the potential to add more mineable resources.
In light of the positive outcome of the Scoping Study, see below for details, the Board of Argent has decided to undertake a Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) with the objective of taking a decision to mine by March 2011 and commencing production of silver in the first half of 2012.
Kempfield remains highly prospective. The Kempfield Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide (VMS) mineralised system is only partially drilled and has the potential to add more mineable resources.
All zones are open at depth and there are extensive gaps along strike that require drilling. Recent IP and soil surveys have identified some excellent drill targets along strike and an extensive drill programme is planned to commence later this quarter.
Regional Resources
The region within 50kms of Kempfield has historically seen extensive precious and base metals production and there are a number of deposits which could potentially be treated through a plant located at Kempfield. Several opportunities have been identified and will be the subject of further review.
Level 1, 115 Cambridge Street, Postal Address PO Box 1305, West Leederville WA 6901
Ph +61 8 9322 6600 Fx + 61 8 9322 6610
Argent Minerals Limited
ABN 89 124 780 276
Barite Concentrates could also be Produced with the Addition of Further Float Cells
The in‐pit mining inventory at Kempfield is estimated to contain over 1 million tonnes of barite, which sells for US$100 (December 2008) per tonne landed in the Gulf of Mexico. In the absence of a firm market for the product, the Scoping Study does not include any Barite production. If a market for Kempfield Barite was developed in the future it could be produced as a low cost by‐product and provide a valuable income stream for the project.
The Project Provides Argent with Exposure to the Silver Price which has tended to Move In Sync with Gold
A 30% increase in gold and silver prices i.e. to US$1430 per ounce gold and US$21.84 per ounce silver, would add $70 million to the project’s net cash flows. In addition, the proposed pits contain large quantities of low grade material, currently classified as waste at current prices, some of which would be economic to process at higher silver prices.
Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS)
The DFS which will commence immediately is budgeted to cost approximately $1.1 million and will be done to a standard designed to attract project financing. It will include:

3,500m of infill, metallurgical and geotechnical drilling;

Metallurgical Bottle Roll and Flotation test work;

Preparation of an Environmental Impact Study (EIS). Fauna, flora and heritage studies have already been completed;

Process plant engineering and site layout including tailings dam design; and,

Infrastructure requirements including water and power.
Concurrently with the preparation of the DFS the company will seek Development Approval and the grant of a Mining Lease. Discussions have begun to establish a Mining Agreement with the Gundungurra Tribal Council, the representative of the Native Title Claimant to the area.
Completion of the DFS will culminate in a project financing decision for Kempfield.
Argent’s Executive Chairman, Mr Kerry McHugh, said that “the Scoping Study results are very encouraging and, if they are confirmed by the Definitive Feasibility Study and lead to the establishment of a viable project, will provide a strong stepping stone for Argent’s growth profile and underpin the future of the company for years ahead.
“The cash generated would fund the company’s exploration efforts, including at the highly prospective Kempfield tenement and assist in the funding of new opportunities. As noted above the Board continues to review and assess other potential near term production assets accessible to Kempfield and in other key regional mining areas in Australia.”
Level 1, 115 Cambridge Street, Postal Address PO Box 1305, West Leederville WA 6901
Ph +61 8 9322 6600 Fx + 61 8 9322 6610
Argent Minerals Limited
ABN 89 124 780 276
Detailed Financial and Technical Information
The Study has been managed and co‐ordinated by Gemell Mining Engineers, with metallurgical input from Kappes Cassiday and Associates for the Heap Leaching Study and Mr B.Sceresini of Australian Mining Advisers for the Agitated Leaching / Flotation Study. Hellman and Schofield undertook the resource estimates and Australian Mine Design and Development Pty Ltd (AMDAD) produced the pit shells and provided estimates of the mining inventory.
The Scoping Study indicates that either a Heap Leach Silver Project (HL) or a project to produce silver, lead and zinc by Agitated Leach followed by Flotation (ALF) could be developed profitably at Kempfield. The ALF project is clearly superior from a financial, size and flexibility point of view and it is this project on which the company will undertake a Definitive Feasibility Study

drillfix
21-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Haaa JB, was wondering how long it would take you to find this stock, its been on one of my watchers for quite some time.

Not going to say "I was going to" buy them, but I never ended up buying them when the ma's crossed and before you know it they were back up to 18c+

Ahh well, great stock for those with the extra cash to go long on, IMO

JBmurc
21-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Haaa JB, was wondering how long it would take you to find this stock, its been on one of my watchers for quite some time.

Not going to say "I was going to" buy them, but I never ended up buying them when the ma's crossed and before you know it they were back up to 18c+

Yeah I've paid my tax & house deposit so I'm setting my portfilo for a longer term hold not much will happen for ARD in the very short but later this year an esp. 2011 should be very good as I believe Silver will rocket north in value ARD have very good value in the ground add in a 40oz-50oz silver price will put the blow torch under the jnr silver miners

The depth volume speaks volumes for ARD a market daring in the making tiny offers any major buying would push S/P well north

Now wish someone will fill my 18.5c bid

macduffy
21-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi, JB.

I share your enthusiasm for silver, at least to some degree, although I'm still waiting for CXC to fulfill its undoubted promise! This year, perhaps.

As mentioned, ARD is a micro-cap company, still very much in the embryo stage with some big decisions to be made before it progresses to a producing, let alone profitable, stage. I note also that the plan is to use expected profits from silver to finance further exploration so dividends won't be on the agenda for some time.

All three directors have finance backgrounds, although Executive Chairman Kerry McHugh has been involved in other mining companies.There's no mention of directors or employees with mining qualifications so I assume the actual prospecting, drilling and analysis is contracted out?

Definitely one for my watchlist.

macduffy
21-04-2010, 03:44 PM
A good day for at least one (prospective) silver stock.

SVL SP up 50%

See SVL thread.

shasta
21-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Been tracking these folk for a while myself, but have been following other options more closely

JBmurc
21-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Been tracking these folk for a while myself, but have been following other options more closely

as in SSNO just loaded up....NAVO also very nice

JBmurc
21-04-2010, 09:43 PM
man little sellers round did someone here jump the cue?LOL only 50k for sale

drillfix
22-04-2010, 03:05 AM

Hi Shasta, yeah mate, its like all over the place with trying to keep up and track of things.

Have been reviewing strategies bit by bit, a few day trades here and there and a couple of swing trades too, with the odd scalp thrown in.

It will all come into a "pure" focus one of these days and I am sure we will all get the one that got away "more often" :P

JBmurc
22-04-2010, 08:47 AM
A good day for at least one (prospective) silver stock.

SVL SP up 50%

See SVL thread.

Yeah nice day for SVL --not so many Silver focus shares on market seems make them go extra well if they hit paydirt esp. if their micro caps hoping someone will sell me ARD stock today,
will be keeping a close eye on SVL very similar to ARD being on a 7mill mktcap 4.6moz(will grow on latest) Ag resource to ARD 12moz Ag

fwu005
22-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah nice day for SVL --not so many Silver focus shares on market seems make them go extra well if they hit paydirt esp. if their micro caps hoping someone will sell me ARD stock today,
will be keeping a close eye on SVL very similar to ARD being on a 7mill mktcap 4.6moz(will grow on latest) Ag resource to ARD 12moz Ag

Hi JB,
I'm new to NZ, ASX. Look the history chart of many ASX junior mining companies, the prices were 20c a year ago, such CAH, SAR, RRL. That is good success stories for the investor.
My question is how many times in your investment, the juniors went administration ?

cheers

JBmurc
22-04-2010, 09:50 AM
the only company I've held but did sell before they went into admin was MON which I believe is getting floated again as SWAN gold pays to keep upto date with what is going on esp. cash wise
cheers[/QUOTE]

JBmurc
22-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow hasn't the value of ARD stock just gone up yesterday I could have brought 50k at 19c(wish I did) today sellers want 24.5c for only 25k next seller 29.5c
Had to cancel my 18.5c order of only 50k getting only 7k filled ended up buying 100k of the ARDO opts at 5c -20c ex price 14months to run

steamroller
22-04-2010, 12:28 PM
What sort of options are these JB? I had a look on the ASX website, but no info on any options... where you get this information from? http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/companyInfo.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=ARD#options

JBmurc
22-04-2010, 12:44 PM
What sort of options are these JB? I had a look on the ASX website, but no info on any options... where you get this information from? http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/companyInfo.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=ARD#options

found out on HC then looked up on E*trade-- ARDO 20c ex. price 11 june 2011- will bring in 9mill cash bit more than current market cap
ARD are running low on cash so Cap raising likely

drillfix
22-04-2010, 12:53 PM
So I guess you have sold all your NAV now JB and recycling the process again with silver :P

JBmurc
22-04-2010, 02:23 PM
So I guess you have sold all your NAV now JB and recycling the process again with silver :P

No not selling any NAV for awhile yet sold my ROC position brought more PEN,SSNO,ARD,ARDO,CVX moving into more leverage plays

shasta
22-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Steamroller

I use http://tradingroom.com.au/apps/qt/index.ac to find out re options on stocks

JBmurc
29-04-2010, 12:28 PM
ARD Cash Reserves

As 31st March 2010 Argent had cash totalling $1.718 million.

Not going be needing to raise cash for awhile an with opts coming up next year ARD may well not bother S/H till late 2011

Major positive IMHO We can look forward to further drilling results later this qtr

Going off the great results in the past from the drill a major resource increase should well be on the card as many holes have been open at depth 30moz resource not out of the question

Add in a much higher Silver Gold price early 2011 $30oz+ ag min will add some major $$$$ to the bottom line

brought another 65000 .041 ARDO keen on buying more esp. on good drill results -really wanted to buy the other 95000 @ .041 yesterday but another sell order wasn't completed I see today sellers back at .049 which looking out year from now could well be a steal

shasta
29-04-2010, 06:31 PM
ARD Cash Reserves

As 31st March 2010 Argent had cash totalling $1.718 million.

Not going be needing to raise cash for awhile an with opts coming up next year ARD may well not bother S/H till late 2011

Major positive IMHO We can look forward to further drilling results later this qtr

Going off the great results in the past from the drill a major resource increase should well be on the card as many holes have been open at depth 30moz resource not out of the question

Add in a much higher Silver Gold price early 2011 $30oz+ ag min will add some major $$$$ to the bottom line

brought another 65000 .041 ARDO keen on buying more esp. on good drill results -really wanted to buy the other 95000 @ .041 yesterday but another sell order wasn't completed I see today sellers back at .049 which looking out year from now could well be a steal

ARD - Quarterly Activities Report

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARD&E=ASX&N=488971

Promising silver explorer, with a decent size resource

Cash on hand $1.7m

Disc: Nil held

JBmurc
29-04-2010, 11:01 PM
ARD - Quarterly Activities Report

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARD&E=ASX&N=488971

Promising silver explorer, with a decent size resource

Cash on hand $1.7m

Disc: Nil held

yeah I see they only spent 300k odd last qtr so even if they double the spend on exploration this Qtr they'll still have 1mill to get through to the option exp. june next year which if fully exercised will bring in 8mill of cash
Trying to get in touch with the MD- Kerry is a hard man to get hold of got a few Q's I can't find answers for.

Closed weak with little interest which is surprising as low cash an needing to raise more was a concern of some investors looks fine to me going forward.

With many good grade silver drill holes open at depth ARD should well increase resource to at least 20moz ag+au+zinc+lead Now I'm really bullish silver going forward so am confindent we'll be hitting new highs early next year--some basic gross numbers on the ag 20moz X $25oz AUD = 500mill gross
current market cap 8mill + 8mill opts +4mill increase in market cap to get Opts ex = only 20mill

JBmurc
18-05-2010, 01:42 PM
spoke with chairman Kerry at ARD(sounds like Its a two-man operation at this stage only 7mill market cap) he's very positive on having a nice reserve base in the prime Lachlan belt NSW by mid next year having increased ownership of their projects from GCR (where he is a non-exe director)he view was that soon ARD would announce a direct 50% ownership of Kempfield with the plan they'll hold closer to 70% by years end as it's all about funds invested the more they invest in drilling scoping study, JORC etc the more they will own I did ask likely outcome his view was if GCR didn't help with any funding it wouldn't cost much for ARD to take full control round the time they will decide to go ahead an mine the 22moz ag 30koz au +lead+zinc+barite resource(30moz silver reserve hopefully later this year)
he was very confident the resource base of ARD would increase on further drilling,the follow up drilling at the gold reef west wayalong could well be a nice surprise in the short term
In talking on the cash on hand looking forward Kerry did state a likely Cap raising to get the final fes an JORC done late 2010 an get the 70% ownership out of the way sooner (as like me he was very bullish on silver prices)

another one of the 3-- 70% assets of ARD is at sunny corner-

Compilation of historic data, combined with more recent work by Argent, has enabled the
estimation of a shallow, Inferred Mineral Resource along a strike length of 260 metres,
amounting to 1.5 million tonnes grading 2.1% Pb, 3.7% Zn, 0.4% Cu, 0.3g/t Au plus
24 g/t Ag. At current metal prices, this deposit has an insitu value of about $262 million
with an estimated recovered value of approximately $122 per tonne.(this was back on 800oz 12oz gold silver prices)

ARD is focused on being a low cost Silver gold base metal miner in 2012
they are very cheap because they are a mirco-cap without full owership personal I like the numbers an the area they are in .
holding 500,000 ARDO (only 48mill head shares)will cost me 100k to ex. at 20c june 2011

shasta
18-05-2010, 02:05 PM
spoke with chairman Kerry at ARD(sounds like Its a two-man operation at this stage only 7mill market cap) he's very positive on having a nice reserve base in the prime Lachlan belt NSW by mid next year having increased ownership of their projects from GCR (where he is a non-exe director)he view was that soon ARD would announce a direct 50% ownership of Kempfield with the plan they'll hold closer to 70% by years end as it's all about funds invested the more they invest in drilling scoping study, JORC etc the more they will own I did ask likely outcome his view was if GCR didn't help with any funding it wouldn't cost much for ARD to take full control round the time they will decide to go ahead an mine the 22moz ag 30koz au +lead+zinc+barite resource(30moz silver reserve hopefully later this year)
he was very confident the resource base of ARD would increase on further drilling,the follow up drilling at the gold reef west wayalong could well be a nice surprise in the short term
In talking on the cash on hand looking forward Kerry did state a likely Cap raising to get the final fes an JORC done late 2010 an get the 70% ownership out of the way sooner (as like me he was very bullish on silver prices)

another one of the 3-- 70% assets of ARD is at sunny corner-

Compilation of historic data, combined with more recent work by Argent, has enabled the
estimation of a shallow, Inferred Mineral Resource along a strike length of 260 metres,
amounting to 1.5 million tonnes grading 2.1% Pb, 3.7% Zn, 0.4% Cu, 0.3g/t Au plus
24 g/t Ag. At current metal prices, this deposit has an insitu value of about $262 million
with an estimated recovered value of approximately $122 per tonne.(this was back on 800oz 12oz gold silver prices)

ARD is focused on being a low cost Silver gold base metal miner in 2012
they are very cheap because they are a mirco-cap without full owership personal I like the numbers an the area they are in .
holding 500,000 ARDO (only 48mill head shares)will cost me 100k to ex. at 20c june 2011

Those options look bloody good, especially if they prove up a 30m/oz JORC resource - you'll be in the money big time

Am following ARD, as i like Silver being it's main focus.

As a side note, how hard are the CXC US sec announcements to read, tough stuff huh?

JBmurc
18-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Those options look bloody good, especially if they prove up a 30m/oz JORC resource - you'll be in the money big time

Am following ARD, as i like Silver being it's main focus.

As a side note, how hard are the CXC US sec announcements to read, tough stuff huh?

Yeah I think the fact that silver will have to explode in price an their being so few silver miners on the ASX as a major bonus for ARD that an being so small only 48mill shares outstanding same for the opts

---I see CXC which is one of the world largest primary silver miners has a prob reserves of 240moz silver every year the demand for silver increase I would at all be surprised to see 2010 as a new record year for silver demand north of 900moz silver the biggest silver mine in the world produces 40moz per ann BHP it doesn't take much study to see the writings on the wall for cheap silver

macduffy
18-05-2010, 03:27 PM

They certainly are! I assume that's typical of US accounting "standards"?

Must admit I usually cheat and concentrate on the easy to read presentations but the important, gritty stuff - such as their hedging etc - is usually hidden in the statutory reports.

shasta
18-05-2010, 08:14 PM
They certainly are! I assume that's typical of US accounting "standards"?

Must admit I usually cheat and concentrate on the easy to read presentations but the important, gritty stuff - such as their hedging etc - is usually hidden in the statutory reports.

When an Accountant finds them hard to read, you know someones stuffed up somewhere, we are meant to simplify things!

JBmurc
27-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Well I'm still holding my ARDO opts -could be a really company maker if ARD management can get the funds which looks likely going of their BRR interview-could well be a muti-bagger if GOLD moves back out of the years summer bear back to a strong Bull tread soon ....

Barrick Australia sells Bullant gold mine to Argent
Barrick Gold's Australian arm is selling its closed Bullant gold mine and tenements to Argent Minerals for A$5.2 million and stock.

Author: Proactive Investors
Posted: Wednesday , 07 Jul 2010

Barrick Gold's Australian arm is selling its closed Bullant gold mine and tenements to Argent Minerals for A$5.2 million and stock. -

Argent Minerals Limited (ASX: ARG) has agreed to acquire the the Bullant mine and tenements from Barrick (PD) Australia Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barrick Gold Corporation.

The Bullant Tenement Package (M16/44 and M16/45) includes the historic underground gold mine located approximately 65kms from Kalgoorlie. Site facilities and equipment are to be included in the purchase.

Barrick ceased mining in December 2009 following underground production of 1.95 million tonnes at 5.1g/t for 322,700 ounces of gold between 2002 and December 2009. Production in 2009 was 144,750 tonnes at 5.9g/t gold for 27,400 ounces of gold.

Consideration for the acquisition is a cash payment of $5,276,000 and 350,000 Argent shares. Argent will seek the necessary shareholder and regulatory approvals to conduct the capital raising and consents for the proposed transaction.

A non-refundable deposit has been paid to Barrick to secure exclusivity.

CPS Securities has agreed to underwrite the proposed capital raising on normal terms and conditions. Argent intends to proceed to execute the formal sale agreement during the 21 day exclusivity period and seek the necessary shareholder and other approvals as soon as possible.

shasta
31-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Well I'm still holding my ARDO opts -could be a really company maker if ARD management can get the funds which looks likely going of their BRR interview-could well be a muti-bagger if GOLD moves back out of the years summer bear back to a strong Bull tread soon ....

Barrick Australia sells Bullant gold mine to Argent
Barrick Gold's Australian arm is selling its closed Bullant gold mine and tenements to Argent Minerals for A$5.2 million and stock.

Author: Proactive Investors
Posted: Wednesday , 07 Jul 2010

Barrick Gold's Australian arm is selling its closed Bullant gold mine and tenements to Argent Minerals for A$5.2 million and stock. -

Argent Minerals Limited (ASX: ARG) has agreed to acquire the the Bullant mine and tenements from Barrick (PD) Australia Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barrick Gold Corporation.

The Bullant Tenement Package (M16/44 and M16/45) includes the historic underground gold mine located approximately 65kms from Kalgoorlie. Site facilities and equipment are to be included in the purchase.

Barrick ceased mining in December 2009 following underground production of 1.95 million tonnes at 5.1g/t for 322,700 ounces of gold between 2002 and December 2009. Production in 2009 was 144,750 tonnes at 5.9g/t gold for 27,400 ounces of gold.

Consideration for the acquisition is a cash payment of $5,276,000 and 350,000 Argent shares. Argent will seek the necessary shareholder and regulatory approvals to conduct the capital raising and consents for the proposed transaction.

A non-refundable deposit has been paid to Barrick to secure exclusivity.

CPS Securities has agreed to underwrite the proposed capital raising on normal terms and conditions. Argent intends to proceed to execute the formal sale agreement during the 21 day exclusivity period and seek the necessary shareholder and other approvals as soon as possible.

ARD - June Quarterly Activities & Cashflow report

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARD&E=ASX&N=499708

Capital Raising to raise $16m (to acquire the Bullant Gold Mine + development)

ARD has also acquired the Bullant Gold Mine off Barrick Gold Corp, for a total of $5,276,000 + 350,000 ARD shares

Cash on hand @ 30/6/10 = $1.432m (prior to capital raising)

JBmurc
06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
small micro cap Silver gold base metal explorer with plans to be producing gold soon well worth keeping an eye on-
ARD-22.5c
ARDO-3.5c(up 34% today) ---ex price-20c ex date- 30th june 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argent’s intention is to re-open the bullant mine, extend the decline and establish
development drives to support the commencement of stoping within
approximately six months of completion of the Transaction. Preliminary mine
planning indicates a potential mine inventory of 570,000 tonnes at 6.0 g/t Au for a
contained 110,000 ounces

Argent announced its intention to raise up to
$16,000,000 by way of the issue of shares to institutional and sophisticated
investors to fund the acquisition of the Bullant Tenement Package

--so far they have raised 8mill of the 16mill they hope to so far so good------------
Top 20 shareholders hold -64% USN will be added to the top20 with there funding to ARD(USN also a micro cap)
USN announced an $8m capital raising with $5m being subscribed to by the Directors at 15c..... a premium to the current share price of 12c(so directors of USN basically just invested 5mill of their own hard earned to gain a major Shareholding of ARD !!!!! as USN raised the bulk of the funds for this reason.)

mmm just had a brain wave I won't be surprised to see ARD in a couple year sell USN kempfield or bullant more likely to USN--USN MD an Kerry must be good mates you help me out we get Kempfield ownership you can have bullant ?

ARD current market value 8-9mill (micro cap)

Bullant mine was a small producer at 27,500 ozs in 2009 going off current AUD GOLD price an likely costs ARD should be able to see min 10mill per ann profit for ARD planned settle the purchase by the end of September 2010.

the opts ARDO if all ex will bring in another 9mill cash

JBmurc
06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
The top 20 shareholders at 16 August 2010 owned approximately 67.98% of the
ordinary issued capital of the Company ARD. Mr Christopher Daws is deemed to
control Moongold Pty Ltd and Moongold Pty Ltd is also a substantial shareholder
in US Nickel as it owns approximately 11.1% of the issued capital of US Nickel as
at 16 August 2010. Mr Christopher Daws is also a director of US Nickel

JBmurc
16-09-2010, 04:44 PM
looks like I'm the only one on board with ARD so I be talking to myself here LOL

-today ARD buyers happy to pay 24.5c opts ARDO sold down to 4c so basically the opts are extremely cheap can anyone find another Gold&silver explorer that has opts selling for less than the head share price when exercise price is added in ARDO is 20c+4c =24c

disc-holding ARDO

Lego_Man
16-09-2010, 04:51 PM
(Post to break the cycle)

You've got a good eye for these micro-cappers so have added to my watchlist...

macduffy
17-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I'll be taking a keener interest in ARD too now that CXC is to delist from the ASX later this year.

A difficult metal to invest in via the sharemarket but I can't get away from a feeling that silver will have its day before too long.

Lego_Man
17-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I'll be taking a keener interest in ARD too now that CXC is to delist from the ASX later this year.

A difficult metal to invest in via the sharemarket but I can't get away from a feeling that silver will have its day before too long.

Didnt realise that CXC was de-listing, but it's an interesting one. Means the search for an ASX pure silver play becomes a little harder. Might explain some of the recent interest in silver juniors/explorers (i'm still in CCU).

JBmurc
17-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Yes ARD seems to have great support from major holders the opts look to be well in the money esp. if the mangerment can get the old gold mine back into some profitable production

COLIN
17-09-2010, 12:21 PM
looks like I'm the only one on board with ARD so I be talking to myself here LOL

-today ARD buyers happy to pay 24.5c opts ARDO sold down to 4c so basically the opts are extremely cheap can anyone find another Gold&silver explorer that has opts selling for less than the head share price when exercise price is added in ARDO is 20c+4c =24c

disc-holding ARDO

I also hold CXC and am looking for a replacement. Question is whether it should be ARD or SVL - I see that both of them have moved up by about the same percentage over the past two years, and both are similar in cap size. Which do you judge has the better prospects?

JBmurc
17-09-2010, 12:55 PM
well I own both they both have their pros an cons to one another

I see in the latest SVL report they had a drill result at webbs of 36oz/per ton ore silver over 26m strike lenght which is a very good high grade result
ARD also has some good results a kempfield silver discovery

both are micro caps

My basic sum up of them both

SVL -core Silver Explorer that looks to be sitting on a very large high grade silver resource to market value short term drivers exploration results
ARD-was a core Silver/gold J.V explorer now looking at becoming a small gold producer to help fund further work at the Kempfield silver discovery an get it into production sooner

so buying ARD your buying a micro that has a clear path to become a profitable producer but there's much work an risk to get there so far all looks good with great major shareholder support
-SVL clear path to increase resource an value

macduffy
17-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Just to throw a third into the mix!

Has anyone looked at AYN lately? Yes, I know the former history as MacMin but in their new incarnation are they worth considering? Or at least spending some time on researching?

JBmurc
17-09-2010, 01:10 PM
yes AYN is well in the mix with CCU there also blue chip jnr wise TRY has a good amount of silver in their production an reserves
all of them will do well in the coming years IMHO with silver to go much much higher going forward so all boats will rise on this tide
market values of the silver micro's
CCU-32mill
AYN-18mill
SVL-16mill
ARD-10mill(opts in the money will add 8mill)
MAR-10mill

Lego_Man
17-09-2010, 02:01 PM
MAR is another one, brownfields explorer.

JBmurc
17-09-2010, 02:47 PM
MAR is another one, brownfields explorer.

Yeah funny was just looking at them

Lego_Man
17-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah funny was just looking at them

I bought a parcel for 7c a few months ago...they have kind of stagnated since, dropping to around 5. Last couple of weeks though has seen a bit of volume come in, sell orders being pulled etc, and price is now back to 7c. Hopefully positive drill results are in the pipeline.

JBmurc
17-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I bought a parcel for 7c a few months ago...they have kind of stagnated since, dropping to around 5. Last couple of weeks though has seen a bit of volume come in, sell orders being pulled etc, and price is now back to 7c. Hopefully positive drill results are in the pipeline.

Yeah from my quick look at MAR they haven't found much high grade silver yet?

shasta
17-09-2010, 04:40 PM

What about companies with other projects but silver credits, PEM, PNA, KZL

JBmurc
17-09-2010, 05:25 PM
well had some spare funds from my recent sale of a qtr of my SVL holding decided after many hrs of changing my mind to buy more ARDO @ 4c will really boom on the back of the Silver price that sounds like once it breaks $21 will really fly an could see $25 in relative short time
Now bring on the good news ARD

Silver 20.93

It's well know Silver is the most shorted metal on the comex bet thats been hurting of late

ARD own 51% of kempfield which will increase
In addition, the Kempfield Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide (VMS) mineralised system is only partially
drilled and has the potential to add more mineable resources. In light of the positive outcome of the
Scoping Study, see ASX announcement released on the 20 April 2010 for details, the Board of Argent
has decided to undertake a Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) with the objective of taking a decision
to mine by March 2011 and commencing production of silver in the first half of 2012

Lego_Man
20-09-2010, 02:41 PM
MAR off and running again today. Noone seems to want to sell the badboy. Perhaps Conrad is a goer after all...

JBmurc
20-09-2010, 07:07 PM
MAR off and running again today. Noone seems to want to sell the badboy. Perhaps Conrad is a goer after all...

yeah you should throw down a MAR thread Lego get some numbers/facts imfo up
I also see SVL gained 2%

JBmurc
21-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Ann report
http://www.argentminerals.com.au/Libraries/2010_Annoucements/20100921_2010_Annual_Report.sflb.ashx

parts from the report

In addition, the Kempfield Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide (VMS) mineralised system is only
partially drilled and has the potential to add more mineable resources. In light of the positive
outcome of the Scoping Study, the Board of Argent has decided to undertake a Definitive
Feasibility Study (DFS) with the objective of taking a decision to mine by March 2011 and
commencing production of silver in the first half of 2012.
Kempfield remains highly prospective. All zones are open at depth and there are extensive gaps
along strike that require drilling. Recent IP and soil surveys have identified some excellent drill
targets along strike and drilling is expected to start soon on the strong IP anomaly located
between the Quarries and BJ zones.

The West Wyalong gold field historically contained a large number of reefs. The recorded
average grade of 40.7g/t gold was one of the highest for any goldfield in Australia for recorded
production of 445,700 ounces.
Argent is earning up to a 70% interest in West Wyalong from Golden Cross Resources Limited
through the expenditure of $1.03 million by July 2013.

JBmurc
21-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I see going off the TOP 20 option holders I'd be currently 12th but didn't make it on the list as I sold down couple months back an only of recent topped up

shasta
05-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I see going off the TOP 20 option holders I'd be currently 12th but didn't make it on the list as I sold down couple months back an only of recent topped up

ARD - ARGENT COMPLETES BULLANT GOLDMINE ACQUISITION NEAR KALGOORLIE

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARD&E=ASX&N=508128

Raising $8m to fund the acquistion & mine to be re-opened within 6 months

Indicated Resource 47,200/oz (@ 5.7g/t) + Inferred Resource 96,600/oz (@ 5.0g/t) = 143,800/oz worth ~$US187m @ $US1300/oz

JBmurc
11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah great news 150,000oz JORC gold resource now in ARD ownership great time to be heading towards production in 6months be it a small one but should be very profiable an help the micro cap raise the funds to continue the work in NSW on the Silver,gold,base metal discoveries an get to a larger JORC resource as well as increasing the bullant resource with recent drilling showing some high grade intersections

-Great confidence shown on raising cash from management
the ARDO hard to get hold of even with the ARD SP down at 20c ----
you got any yet shasta ? or just keeping an eye on it
latest BRR---MD kerry ARD
http://www.brr.com.au/event/69393

Doesn't take much work to see on the gross numbers why there is so much confindence for few guys to invest millions of their hard earned into ARD future the top 4-5 S/holders holding near half of the company

some very rough numbers est. on what IMHO believe ARD will have in JORC prob resource by this time next year 300,000oz Gold 20,000,000oz Silver +base metals at current spot prices=== 800mill+ ARD current worth 18mill

JBmurc
20-10-2010, 05:25 PM
suppose Kerry's planning diary FY2010-11 now looks something like this:

Raise working capital for Bullant: COMPLETED
Completed Bullant acquisition: COMPLETED
Appoint Mine Manager for Bullant: COMPLETED
Identify potential for early production from upper levels at Bullant: TO DO
Tol treatment arrangement with nearby treatment plant at Bullant: TO DO
Produce >5koz gold per quarter from Bullant: TO DO
Drill for open pittable sites near Bullant: TO DO
Continue drilling to obtain 70% interest in Kempfield: TO DO
Soil surveys followed by drill testing at West Wyalong: TO DO

I hold ARDO, so time is of the essence!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes it is the ARD head shares are coming under some selling pressure is the only Silver explorer than hasn't had anywhere the buying interest like AYN,SVL yet the facts show it could well have more silver than both of them put together--big negative I think some holders see is the fact ARD really need another 8mill now they raised the last 8mill easy though the now directors fronting up with their own hard earned--now the ARDO if exercised would rise round 8mill so I don't know if they can(I'd say no) but if they could get the option holders to exercise their options now because if you did you would recent one free option ex 30c 2015 say I'm sure many would.

JBmurc
20-10-2010, 06:01 PM
just sold my last parcel of 10.5c SVL for 28c so decided to replace with the mosy under-rated Silver explorer ARD

I just placed a 80k 17.5c order which was partly filled with some 67k sold to me then out of the blue a 18c 25k buyer jumped up so I just sold him some of my 17.5c order filled for round a $100 profit after only 15seconds before buying them LOL now hopefully the sellers will fill my increased 17.5c order

It wasn't anyone here was it

soulman
20-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Wasn't me. Good ROR on that deal.

JBmurc
20-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Kempfield Scoping Study(ARD owns 51% of kempfield another 500k spent will give them 70%)
The Independent Scoping Study into a silver, gold, lead and zinc project at Kempfield had
indicated the potential for a robust mining project.
Key outcomes include:
• Agitated Leach plus Flotation of leached tails to produce silver, lead, zinc and gold;
• 10.5 year life of mine (LOM) at 600,000 tpa;
• Payable production of 12 million ounces of Silver, 42,000 tonnes of lead/zinc and 15,000
ounces of gold; and
• LOM operating cost, net of other metal credits, of $10.27 (US$9.24) per ounce of silver

The project provides Argent with exposure to the silver price which has tended to move in sync
with gold. A 20% increase in gold and silver prices, i.e. to US$1,422 per ounce gold and US$21.80
per ounce silver, would add $70 million to the project’s net cash flows, see further ASX
announcement “Independent Scoping study Confirms Potential for a Robust Mining Project at
Kempfield” released 20 April 2010. In addition, the proposed pits contain large quantities of low
grade material, classified as waste at current prices, some of which would be economic to
process at higher silver prices.

shasta
18-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Both USN (who own some of ARD) plus ARD under trading halts pending a possible corporate transaction announcement

JBMurc - Any ideas what thise could be for, USN selling down ARD perhaps?

JBmurc
23-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Both USN (who own some of ARD) plus ARD under trading halts pending a possible corporate transaction announcement

JBMurc - Any ideas what thise could be for, USN selling down ARD perhaps?

Most likely merge or J.V with USN raising funds to get bullant mining underway sooner rather than later will find out soon enough can't see the USN boys selling out just after they fronted up with 4mill+ of their own money into ARD @20c(no discount) as well as now being Directors of ARD

JBmurc
23-11-2010, 02:03 PM
wow right after I posted the news come out--Takeover from USN as through many different holdings personal an moongold etc sounds like USN interests hold 42% already---so they don't want to sell they want the lot
TAKEOVER BID ANNOUNCEMENT RECEIVED
SHAREHOLDERS AND OPTIONHOLDERS SHOULD TAKE NO ACTION
The Company received today an announcement from US Nickel Limited (ABN 44 091 009
565) (ASX:USN) that it intends to make an off‐market takeover offer for all the fully paid
ordinary shares in the Company that it does not already own for a consideration of 4 US
Nickel shares for every 3 shares in the Company and an offer for all of the options for a
consideration of 1 US Nickel share for every 5 options held.
US Nickel is now required to provide a Bidder’s Statement and written offers to
shareholders and optionholders within 2 months.
The Board is considering the terms of the takeover offers and intends to engage an
independent expert to prepare a report on whether the takeover offers are fair and
reasonable.
At this stage, shareholders and optionholders are advised to take no action with respect
to the takeover offers. As mentioned, shareholders and optionholders will be receiving
written offers from US Nickel that include a Bidder’s Statement. The Company will also
be providing to shareholders and optionholders a Target’s Statement, which will include
the independent expert’s report, in due course.

JBmurc
23-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah not to happy with the goings on here the Daws/USN have much control of ARD which really is only one man show with kerry looks to me like USN want ARD for a bargain as they know the massive upside with kempfield's 21moz silver(290mill value) an bullant compared to their own operations in nickel/cu/au exploration in the US they like ARD only have round 1mill in the bank in cash so even if ARD shareholders take the lower value USN shares the merge company will have to raise cash
do USN have the contacts?? an is this why it's happening surely ARD could raise the funds needed to get into production at bullant ?(round 8mill ARDO would bring in 8mill) as USN interest holds 40% of ARD did they state they would not front with the cash unless they merged through takeover in USN favour......might have to give kerry a call

shasta
23-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah not to happy with the goings on here the Daws/USN have much control of ARD which really is only one man show with kerry looks to me like USN want ARD for a bargain as they know the massive upside with kempfield's 21moz silver(290mill value) an bullant compared to their own operations in nickel/cu/au exploration in the US they like ARD only have round 1mill in the bank in cash so even if ARD shareholders take the lower value USN shares the merge company will have to raise cash
do USN have the contacts?? an is this why it's happening surely ARD could raise the funds needed to get into production at bullant ?(round 8mill ARDO would bring in 8mill) as USN interest holds 40% of ARD did they state they would not front with the cash unless they merged through takeover in USN favour......might have to give kerry a call

You know i like ARD (& silver in particular), & i have been looking into USN lately, & it did cross my mind they may want a crack at ARD.

Not being a holder of either, swapping ARD shares for USN & keeping the exposure to silver & the large silver resource doesnt seem to bad an offer.

What will you do JBM?

JBmurc
23-11-2010, 03:47 PM
In talking with Kerry MD ARD I'm not exchanging one opt for a USN share-I don't think this takeover will get any support

#1-I don't want any interest in exploring for Nickel in the frozen north canada or mid north US(if takeover happens ARD shareholders will lose round 50% interest in ARD kempfield/Bullant to gain North America Nickel interest no thanks)

#2-USN only have a little over 1mill in the bank much like ARD so even if takeover happens new USN will have to raise funds(sounds like they are quite good at this though I can't see why ARD can't with 290mill worth of Silver/gold/cu/lead+bullant gold)

#3-I think is a very optimistic takeover from USN I myself will be worse off going from recent ARDO trading to USN share value(the ARD gains little but maybe cap raising contacts etc compared to major assets USN will receive)

-sounds like USN will be raising 4mill to then loan to ARD anyway to get Bullant into production early next year ARD will have 12months to payback or to come to a new agreement (mid next year ARDO will expire should well bring in 6mill+)

what I plan to do is buy more ARD/ARDO--- bidders statement from ARD should be out soon showing how under valued ARD is to the takeover offer..
Buy while the ARD market is confused

JBmurc
23-11-2010, 06:36 PM
thanks Mr panic seller got a nice fill of ARDO today brought my average down to 3.3c not bad for a top 10 opt holder heads closed only down 1.5c opts got smashed

Market gives ARD a value of round 18mill they own 51%(soon to rise to 70%)of kempfield Silver/lead/zinc/gold discovery which has by Australian Mine Design and Development Pty Ltd going from scoping studies on current higher metal prices an on a higher 1mill tpa though put a 15.9year mining life with payable silver production at 21moz+35koz gold an many ten thousands of tons of lead/zinc

also in NSW West Wyalong Gold Project Follow up drilling identifies possible three new gold reefs.

-ARD now also owns the bullant gold mine with Site facilities and equipment included in purchase production planned early next year with current reserves at 570,000 tonnes at 6.0 g/t Au for a contained 110,000 ounces.

recent drills at bullant-hole CTRZULC756, 30.7m at 7.3g/t Au (might have been drilled downdip), hole NWCZD6, 10m at 6.0 g/t Au and hole CTRZULC344, 11.8m at 6.1 g/t Au; at Bower Bird and at Bullant South holes SPC276, 8m at 9.5g/t Au, and NWCZC8, 8m at 7.4g/t Au
so massive potential to increase reserves in the mean time a 10mill+ EBIT a nice earnings to get Kempfield up in running in 2012

USN will IMHO not takeover ARD an even worse case USN packs the sad an sells down it's large ARD they will lose out far more

JBmurc
30-11-2010, 10:35 PM
In its September Quarterly Report released on 27 October, Argent said that: “Recent increases in the
silver price from A$18.67 per ounce used in the April 2010 Scoping Study to the current A$23.77 per
ounce, a 27% increase, have prompted a decision to review the cut off grades used to calculate the
Kempfield resources and to review the in‐pit mining inventory at todays prices 26oz

the Silver price going from 18.67 to 26.84 increased operating cashflows for the Kempfield project from $97 million to $251 million at 600mtpa the silver price is now 28.40oz

shasta
05-12-2010, 03:32 PM
In its September Quarterly Report released on 27 October, Argent said that: “Recent increases in the
silver price from A$18.67 per ounce used in the April 2010 Scoping Study to the current A$23.77 per
ounce, a 27% increase, have prompted a decision to review the cut off grades used to calculate the
Kempfield resources and to review the in‐pit mining inventory at todays prices 26oz

the Silver price going from 18.67 to 26.84 increased operating cashflows for the Kempfield project from $97 million to $251 million at 600mtpa the silver price is now 28.40oz

Silver up 85c to $US29.58/oz

Am weighing up ARD v AYN, to find the best silver play.

shasta
09-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Silver up 85c to $US29.58/oz

Am weighing up ARD v AYN, to find the best silver play.

ARD - to sell Bullant Mine to USN!

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARD&E=ASX&N=519758

Consideration is 44m USN shares @ $0.155 = $A6.82m which will be distributed to ARD shareholders

USN's 19.5m shares in ARD are to be cancelled & the T/O withdrawn

A gather convoluted way of going about things, but at least theres been an outcome

JBmurc
10-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Very good news indeed like I said to kerry the market will support a pure silver miner with focus rather than one with two projects it can't really afford to get into production without the takeover action pressures which just confused the market
looks like a very good outcome for all I for one will be selling any USN shares offered to buy more ARD which now looks to be set to have very tight shareholder register focused on getting Kempfield into production

JBmurc
12-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Great news only wish it could be done sooner
I never was all that over the moon with the Bullant move
now it looks as we come out in a good position with Silver smashing new highs a resource at kempfield increasing with the cut-off grades dropping as values increased.

so we have

Cash Reserves
At 30 September 2010 Argent had cash totalling $2.2 million

Another 2.1mill getting raised @16c= total cash est- 4mill+

we only have to spend another 200k-300k to have 71% of kempfield(in talking with Kerry)
and if GCR don't front with cash going forward I believe ARD will take near full control of kempfield before the end of 2011 90% etc

48mill 2011 options to expire 30th june @ 20c=9.6mill cash

ARD- will gain 44mill shares in USN(and in turn be their biggest Shareholder LOL)personal I'm for ARD holding in the short term and if bullant turns out the goods for USN
ARD could pass on the large holding for a tidy profit an pay out a divie or buyback shares etc

Will Kempfield be mined too right IMHO like I said to Kerry early last year Silvers going alot higher from here
late 2011 silver will be $40+AUD IMHO

JBmurc
18-12-2010, 09:22 AM
am confindent ARD will have a good run next year
many ARDO will be converted if at a 16c ex price esp. if the head shares head higher likely with kempfield interests rising 50%-70% to be announced soon,Cash backing must be well over 3mill so no reason why ARD can't get the DFS cost 1.1mill done far earlier with silver at $29.40oz AUD Kerry stated back on BRR that costs wise ARD would be able to produce Silver at round $10 per oz which doesn't include any credits from the Lead,zinc,gold!! revenue which IMHO would at the very least make the silver production costs near nil

Now going off the recent resource upgrades with the higher Silver price include $26oz ARD with a 1mtpa plant would produce round 1.3mill oz of silver for nil costs per year
=37.7millAUD per ann EBIT @ at $29oz silver

Now also going of the upgrades ARD would produce 2,000oz Gold per ann(2.5mill+)+thousands tons of lead,zinc(00's mill)

One must also include sunny corner with is just down the road with more of the same resources to truck to the plant if needed

Also cost wise to set-up the 600k-1mtpa plant needed,, if all the ARDO get exercised ARD's 3mill+ cash balance should rise to round 10mill in my understand in talking with Kerry is this should well get ARD into production without having to dilute with futher raising maybe some short term debt if going to 1mtpa say
Also ARD ownership will have to be reveiwed as if GCR don't front with 30% of costs going forward DFS etc after ARD gain 70% ownership ARD should be able to take near full control by just spending the funds they would have anyway..

Corporate
22-12-2010, 05:04 PM
JB - I've just stumbled across ARD. I haven't fully got my head around the current situation but I'm very interested.

What are your thoughts on the current weakness? Buyers only at 2.2c for the options?

You still holdings?

JBmurc
23-12-2010, 05:23 PM
From recent annoucement-
- Argent will adjust the exercise price of its listed 20 cent options to reflect the capital reduction
envisaged by the Agreement. The distribution of USN shares to Argent shareholders will provide
them with an opportunity to continue to have exposure to the Bullant gold mine--

Only reason I don't see much interest in the opts is cause opt holders will not receive USN shares unless you ex at 20c early personal I don't care missing out on the USN distribution as you won't be able to sell them to easy going of USN trading volumes

-holding the 10th largest holding of ARDO's which from my understand will have the exercise price reduced to a likely 16c from 20c to match the recent Cap raising
these opts will expire 30th june next year and if re-priced at 16c will still bring in round 7mill cash(total cash shouldn't be round 9mill)
So I'm very bullish going forward I'm confindent ARD will have earnings after cost at Kempfield at least double the current market cap so predictions on likely SP
==If Silver stays at current $29oz AUD levels and ARD produce the planned 1.3moz silver (r+lead+zinc+gold will take care of costs) EBIT should be round 37mill now if you are bullish on silver like myself IMHO $58oz+ AUD likely in 2012 so 74mill EBIT --On a P/E-5 =370mill Market cap or going of a fully deluted shares 130mill =$2.80 per share current bids 18c ----I'm confindent ARD will be my first 10 bagger

Argent Minerals Limited (“Argent” or “Company”) is pleased to announce the completion of the capital raising,
as previously advised to the ASX on 9 December 2010, by the issue of 13,290,000 shares at $0.16c to
Sophisticated Investors, raising approximately $2.12 million.

Huang Chung
23-12-2010, 07:45 PM
JB, I presume that's 1.3moz per annum.....but for how many years?

JBmurc
23-12-2010, 08:12 PM
JB, I presume that's 1.3moz per annum.....but for how many years?

16yrs min on current resources if they use a 1mtpa plant 19yrs if they use 600k plant (most likely they will go 1mtpa)
as the resource is open at depth and in all directions 30moz mine-able resource on the back of further drilling an increasing silver prices looks more than likely so would be looking at 22yrs 1.3moz Silver p.a plus many 10 thousands tons of Lead,zinc and smaller amounts of Gold (round 2koz p.a)and Copper if Sunny corner's resource was put through the plant.

Corporate
23-12-2010, 10:53 PM
From recent annoucement-
- Argent will adjust the exercise price of its listed 20 cent options to reflect the capital reduction
envisaged by the Agreement. The distribution of USN shares to Argent shareholders will provide
them with an opportunity to continue to have exposure to the Bullant gold mine--

Only reason I don't see much interest in the opts is cause opt holders will not receive USN shares unless you ex at 20c early personal I don't care missing out on the USN distribution as you won't be able to sell them to easy going of USN trading volumes

-holding the 10th largest holding of ARDO's which from my understand will have the exercise price reduced to a likely 16c from 20c to match the recent Cap raising
these opts will expire 30th june next year and if re-priced at 16c will still bring in round 7mill cash(total cash shouldn't be round 9mill)
So I'm very bullish going forward I'm confindent ARD will have earnings after cost at Kempfield at least double the current market cap so predictions on likely SP
==If Silver stays at current $29oz AUD levels and ARD produce the planned 1.3moz silver (r+lead+zinc+gold will take care of costs) EBIT should be round 37mill now if you are bullish on silver like myself IMHO $58oz+ AUD likely in 2012 so 74mill EBIT --On a P/E-5 =370mill Market cap or going of a fully deluted shares 130mill =$2.80 per share current bids 18c ----I'm confindent ARD will be my first 10 bagger

Argent Minerals Limited (“Argent” or “Company”) is pleased to announce the completion of the capital raising,
as previously advised to the ASX on 9 December 2010, by the issue of 13,290,000 shares at $0.16c to
Sophisticated Investors, raising approximately $2.12 million.

Thanks JB. I'm off on holiday tomorrow with every worthwhile announced printed ready for reading.

JBmurc
23-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Investors walk a silver tightrope.

Robin Bromby From: The Australian December 21, 2010

SEVERAL young brokers were overheard at a listed exploration company's Christmas party last week, getting very excited about silver. It seems that silver is their new fad, gold now seeming such a very old story.

The white metal closed in New York overnight at $US29.36 an ounce - and it is now well over 30 per cent up on what it fetched at the beginning of October.

Silver has also closed the gap on gold. The gold/silver ratio, which has been around 65 (that is, an ounce of gold being worth 65 times more than an ounce of silver) is now around or under 50.

A report from BNP Paribas suggests that silver is a rather tricky investment proposition at the moment. Investment demand for silver has been very strong over the past two months with physical exchange-traded funds increasing their holdings by 11.1 million ounces of the white metal. Sales for 2010 of the American Silver Eagle Bullion coins will set a new record, having past last year's 32 million sales by the end of November. The Royal Canadian Mint says its silver coin sales are up 50 per cent on 2009.

Here's the tightrope on which silver investors walk: silver is now being used as geared play on gold, says BNP. But it's price could be hit harder than gold's should there be a switch in investor sentiment toward precious metals. "In particular, any sign on further monetary tightening in Asia, and particularly (in) China, could act as a trigger for market corrections," the report says.

But BNP is, on balance, bullish. It sees expectations for a higher gold price in 2011 and 2012, and a tight positive correlation between the two metals, as supporting a positive silver forecast.

Local investors are getting almost spoiled for choice when it comes to silver plays.

There's Silver Mines which has been attracting attention, and last week Alcyone Resources raised $11.2 million through a share placement which will be used to advance silver production at its Texas project in Queensland. This sum will be topped up to $16.6m once the company's rights issue is completed. (However, readers who have not yet looked at our comments in Monday's column about the flood of capital raisings should perhaps take the time to read that.)

Earlier this month, Argent Minerals sold off its Bullant gold project and declared itself transformed into "a pure silver play". It hopes to make a decision to mine its Kempfield silver project in NSW by this time next year.

Now we have news from two other players.

Cloncurry Metals this morning reported what it called "more exciting silver results" from its El Rodeo project in Mexico. Channelling and sampling produced a 1.1m section at 1580 grams/tonne silver along with 0.91 per cent copper, and 2.1m at 688g/t silver and 0.64 per cent copper. It says further work is needed to understand the various vein occurrences.

Cortona Resources said it has made a significant silver discovery near its Dargues Reef gold project in NSW. Just 500m from the gold project (which is targeted to produced 50,000oz of gold a year) drilling hit a 1m section with 687g/t (or 22oz) of silver, 0.22 per cent copper and 1.8 per cent lead.

Just reminding readers that in next Monday's print edition, Pure Speculation will be publishing a selection of readers' investment hits and misses. Tell us your successes and stories of woe in resources stocks.

Corporate
26-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Alright JB - I've had a lookk, but haven't been able to get excited yet. The scoping study calculates an NBV of $20m for the Kempfield. I know that the price of silver is now nearly 50% higher but that will only translate into an NPV of $40m (assuming the increase is straight to positive operating cashflow).

This isn't exactly exciting compared to a market cap of $18m undiluted. Maybe I'm missing something?

JBmurc
26-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah think your missing something corp you must be looking at a old study etc-- ARD have round 21moz of Silver resource(next year should grow)-say likely costs per oz Silver round $10--- a 1mtpa plant they will produce 1.3moz silver every year for many many years to come starting 2012 ---

so even if we say ARD produce 1moz silver and the profit margin is $19per oz ==19,000,000 per ann

read this--look closely at table 3

http://www.argentminerals.com.au/Libraries/2010_Annoucements/20101123_Current_Prices_Boost_Economics_of_Kempfie ld_Silver_Project.sflb.ashx

Corporate
27-12-2010, 08:10 AM
JB, I've been reading the scoping study details released to the market on 20 April 2010. It says 600,000tpa, I'm not sure how many oz of silver this translates into, do you?

Could you point me in the direction of where they have stated production could infact be 1,000,000tpa and 1.3moz of silver?

The NPV would be alot higher than $20m if the forecast production rates have changed.

Cheers

C

macduffy
27-12-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm still interested in ARD too but would note that their resources numbers are just that - resources - and not yet classified as "reserves".

Presumably, further drilling in 2011 will convert a proportion of resources to reserves, supporting a Definitve Feasibility Study in due course?

JBmurc
27-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Corp hit my link above it was released 23 Nov 2010 ----

Yeah Mac till the DFS then further work to we get a prob/proven reserves till then it will be only be a resource which in Table 3 shows that from the primary 64% of the 20.8moz are Measured or Indicated‐ and from the oxide/mixed another 10.8moz 83% measured or indicated -total=31.6moz 70% av. M&I

-metallurgical testwork is underway at present(costs will bring KF ownship to 70% ARD)
-the DFS will cost round 1.2mill (unless GCR front with some costs a new deal must be going to be released in the new year on taking ARD control towards 90%-100%)

From the last Qtr report-KEMPFIELD SILVER PROJECT
The Kempfield Scoping Study release in April 2010 showed throughput of 6.3 million tonnes, at 600,000 tpa, and saleable production of 12.1 million ounces of silver. Kempfield mineralisation is characterized by high grade lenses within a large envelope of lower grade material some of which was not economic at the prices prevailing when the Scoping Study was done.
Recent increases in the silver price from A$18.67 per ounce used in the April 2010 scoping Study to the current A$23.77 per ounce ‐ a 27% increase, have prompted a decision to review the cut off grades used to calculate the Kempfield resources and to review the in‐pit mining inventory.
The Scoping Study numbers will also be run at a throughput of 1.0 million tonnes per annum cf the 600,000 tonnes per annum used in the previous study. The review will give an indication of the deposit’s sensitivity to price and throughput rates and is expected to be available in three‐four weeks

Corporate
29-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks JB. That looks much better! The DCF valuation must be at least $100m and higher now that silver is >US$30

Do you think its worth a crack at 19c or do you think it may trend lower?

JBmurc
30-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks JB. That looks much better! The DCF valuation must be at least $100m and higher now that silver is >US$30

Do you think its worth a crack at 19c or do you think it may trend lower?

Well I think it's good buying at 18.5c for the heads as you will receive round 1.2 USN share for every 2 ARD you hold early next year...

But then the ARDO at say 3c with a stated adjustment of the ex price etc-@16c would give the risk advised investor great leverage on a re-rate
--likely IMHO as ARD is still under-rated compared to it's peers once we have a clear direction(Bullant sold,cash at bank position 4mill+,new ex on opts,higher Silver price,Higher ownship new deal, more news on Kempfield DFS plus further drilling should increase resource 30moz+base metals + gold ----market will jump on board one of the very few Pure silver plays not to have moved much in the last 6 months while it resource value has increased 10 fold over market Cap value....... 200-300% min here if all goes to plan

macduffy
30-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm still mulling this one and am inclined to have a few each way, ARD and ARDO.

The options appeal as a good bet but of course they expire in six months time and one needs to think about what progress and developments might be made in this period. It still riles me that with the PoS as strong as it is I still managed to make a small loss on my CXC!

JBmurc
30-12-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm still mulling this one and am inclined to have a few each way, ARD and ARDO.

The options appeal as a good bet but of course they expire in six months time and one needs to think about what progress and developments might be made in this period. It still riles me that with the PoS as strong as it is I still managed to make a small loss on my CXC!

Hard to believe Silver bullion has been a great investment for the last couple years

The Pure silver plays IMHO have yet to really get the attention they deserve MMN use to command a 200mill+ market cap back when Silver had a good run a few years ago the same assets in AYN only command 38mill with Silver over $30oz

shasta
29-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Hard to believe Silver bullion has been a great investment for the last couple years

The Pure silver plays IMHO have yet to really get the attention they deserve MMN use to command a 200mill+ market cap back when Silver had a good run a few years ago the same assets in AYN only command 38mill with Silver over $30oz

Big drop off ex bonus (USN) from 22c to 16c, JBMurc you sniffing around at these levels?

soulman
29-03-2011, 12:45 AM
I won't called it a big drop, Shasta. It's a fair drop. Was lucky to sell a few today at 16 and 17 cents.

Lets see how USN shares will fared now with an extra 44 mil new shares floating around.

JBmurc
29-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Big drop off ex bonus (USN) from 22c to 16c, JBMurc you sniffing around at these levels?

No got a full load of GRM waiting on drill results -ARD was great buying on the recent Japan sell-off to then sell just before ex.date or keep USN at 19c like a 9c divie I could have brought a few at 15c recently meaning I'd be holding ARD for 6c
Not looking at buying any ARD in the short term good chance they will stay round these levels for some time an with opts ex price 17.5c looming and unlikely to ex unless Silver goes highly(likely but could also take a breather) ARD have yet to confirm Kempfield will be economic I believe it will but at what cost to set-up a
1mtpa Flotation plant to handle the Zinc-lead-silver-gold mix (bass metals that have a similar mix of metals their plant cost 100mill+)

Am hoping GRM will find a very high grade near pure Silver resource then only need a heap leach plant etc 30m-40mill I understand going from AYN
no expert on different plant set-up costs am trying to find out more any good links anyone knows

gazprom1
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
ARD on the move JBM....any ideas behind the 18% rise today? Hit 28.5 cents earlier!!!

Gazprom

Anna Naum
10-06-2011, 04:00 PM
ARD on the move JBM....any ideas behind the 18% rise today? Hit 28.5 cents earlier!!!

Gazprom

D&D put a buy out on them.

soulman
10-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Any other D&D buy reco Anna?

JBmurc
12-06-2011, 08:27 AM

Gazprom

Na don't know gutted to have sold out months ago

JBmurc
19-07-2011, 05:44 PM
great movement of late was very happy to get back on board 21c only last week now the buyers want on board bids now at 25.5c with the 26c sellers disappearing
good volume ....now all we need to really get the SP moving is the Enviro/mining permits

soulman
19-07-2011, 06:41 PM
great movement of late was very happy to get back on board 21c only last week now the buyers want on board bids now at 25.5c with the 26c sellers disappearing
good volume ....now all we need to really get the SP moving is the Enviro/mining permits

Well done JB. Seems to me the silver are back in droves with the likes of CCU, ARD and SVL surging lately. KBL is not moving accordingly though.

JBmurc
19-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Well done JB. Seems to me the silver are back in droves with the likes of CCU, ARD and SVL surging lately. KBL is not moving accordingly though.

yeah came very close to buying into CCU round 80c an watch SVL very closely to like we see today re-bound back to higher prices

soulman
19-07-2011, 07:18 PM
With KBL 44 mil ounces of silver, not sure why they were hold up. Oh well, you need patient for the market to realise the facts and figures.

soulman
29-12-2011, 05:32 PM
ARD looks riped for a bounce. Last quarterly stated they have $8.8 mil in cash. Current cap at $15.5 m (11 cents). JORC just over 30 ounces of silver at their 100% owned Kempfield project. Looking to speculate/enter purely based on their rate of slide compared to other silver stocks.

bowser
12-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Fair increase in the SP since announcement of Kempfield Drilling - hopefully, finally some positive results.

JBmurc
14-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Unless Silver is about to explode $30oz+ I don't understand why anyone would bother with a Silver/base metal explorer ....just go do some history study on AYN CCU two recent ASX silver producers that crashed on negative cash-flows

Far better of buying a Producer making record "positive" cash-flows that are now trending higher