PDA

View Full Version : Whats the next buy in CSG ??

BIG D
26-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Whats the next BEST buy in CSG, guys??
:D:D

drillfix
26-04-2010, 10:09 PM

Does it have to be CSG, no UCG ??

JBmurc
26-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Or maybe CTL personal I'm bullish on Natural Gas as it's very out of favour which is always the best time to invest.

Checkout STX as they have all of the above plus a good Oil target and a solid cashflow to pay the costs of further drilling

denpal
27-04-2010, 07:36 AM
ECU: all but forgotten about but on my watchlist.

For bangs for your buck over the next few weeks look at shale gas NSE, BUR.

shasta
27-04-2010, 04:15 PM

For CSG, i'd say VPE still lags well behind BOW, WCL, ESG & the bigger players

The next "big thing" is supposedly Shale Gas, have a look at STO & BPT among others

Dr_Who
27-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I am keeping my eyes on STO. Good safe long term stock that looks under valued. Also potential T/O target. I would like to buy some shares in STO on a very weak market.

BIG D
28-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow ~~ Thanks guys !!!

BIG D
28-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Does it have to be CSG, no UCG ??

Hi Drillfix, CSG is preferred :) thanks

Rabbi
28-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd definitely be having a look at Blue Energy (BUL).

The Koreans have taken a stake through KOGAS and some pundits are convinced they are set to increase their holding.

Blue Energy have some excellent tenements.

Oiler
28-04-2010, 06:32 PM
For CSG, i'd say VPE still lags well behind BOW, WCL, ESG & the bigger players

The next "big thing" is supposedly Shale Gas, have a look at STO & BPT among others

I think you are right Shasta :cool: For those wanting a punt take a look at NWE, they have a huge shale gas exposure in the North Perth Basin, estimated to be larger than the Barnett shales with 40 TCF recoverable. Thats bigger than TEXAS ;)

STRAT
28-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I think you are right Shasta :cool: For those wanting a punt take a look at NWE, they have a huge shale gas exposure in the North Perth Basin, estimated to be larger than the Barnett shales with 40 TCF recoverable. Thats bigger than TEXAS ;)Hi G. Ive had NWE on watch for like forever :eek2:

and will continue to do so ;)

shasta
28-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi G. Ive had NWE on watch for like forever :eek2:

and will continue to do so ;)

Certainly got alot more going for it from back when i held NWE & it's main asset was the Puffin royalty!

Oiler
28-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Certainly got alot more going for it from back when i held NWE & it's main asset was the Puffin royalty!

Shasta / Strat all eyes are on shale and its all about acreage. The focus recently has been on CSG in OZ but I think the focus is going to move to shale gas/oil. The initial costs today may be a little higher then CSG but the returns are MUCH quicker for shale gas/oil. No water problems with shale. My money is moving to OZ Shale :D

Serpie
28-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Looks like a NWE reunion may be on the cards - there's a bit of interest floating around again. People will be rummaging through their bottom drawers all around Australasia. But if shale gas is going to be the next big thing then NWE is where you want to be.

I've gone back into NWE again yesterday and today, but my intentions are much less honourable (i.e. shorter term).

For CSG though it's gotta be BUL doesn't it?

JBmurc
28-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll keep my money on SSN,STX think they return more than enough growth through good old style OIL&GAS exploration & production with a touch of CTL,CSG etc

bermuda
28-04-2010, 09:29 PM
CSG,
This is a lifetime opportunity. Hold/Buy any CSG stock. Within 4 months we will have the Decision everyone has been waiting for. A world first. CSG to LNG. They said it couldn't be done, Voelte from Woodside called it girlie gas.... CNOOC changed their supply contract from WPL to CSG ( BG ).( Can you believe that? )...... The list goes on but....the market is not yet convinced.

But it will be shortly. This is going to happen. imho these are the ones to go for. BOW, WCL, STX, VPE, BUL all of which I hold. Add on a host of others including ESG.

The Big Ease
27-01-2012, 01:38 AM
CSG is over.
I reckon Oiler was right.
Shale is the next big thing.

bermuda
27-01-2012, 11:01 PM
CSG is over.
I reckon Oiler was right.
Shale is the next big thing.

Oiler loved the shale play. I remember when he and I had a dinner with Kopcheff ( VPE/SXY ) and Munachen from NWE. I wasn't that interested in NWE and thought that Munachen was an 'old accountant'. How wrong I was. Oiler was right. I researched NWE for 3 months and bought accordingly. Nothing is easy and with Bulgaria having just banned fraccing we just have to be more patient.

TBE,
I miss Oiler. I think it may be due to him that I changed from a CSG focus to Shale. THe first thing I google each day is IRAN. The Middle East is in TurmOIL.

But coming back to CSG. The mopping up has yet to be done. It will happen. What we get is another question. But I think it will be worth the wait.

The Big Ease
27-01-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree B, there are some parcels here and there but I dont see the next sunshine, bow, arrow, esg, pes out there. You might say BUL has that potential but yeah...I think i would prefer my chances in the shale play.

NWE looks great.
NSE also looking a beauty - don't hold yet.
I would love BRU on price weakness.

AJL could be anything with what it has in the UK. That is not just company changing, or even country changing....200tcf can change the balance of power in the whole continent!

Aurora Oil & Gas went from 11 cents to 3.47 all due to its eagleford shale in the US.
AJL could do something similar to that IMO. oh yeah, and it also has its drilling services business!

The Big Ease
28-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Bermuda,

I know you are into SXY, STX and NWE....you've previously mentioned Bru as a company you quite like.

Any shale plays less then 100m mc that has caught your eye?

I didn't know oiler at all bermuda, but my brother passed away recently at only 35 y.o. I know how you feel.

JBmurc
28-01-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm pretty sure STX has interests in some eagleford shale in the US an will be drilling soon as well as the cooper basin

crooky
28-01-2012, 10:44 PM
CSG just out of flavour atm , projects still going ahead despite what people think
The company I work for have been awarded one of the LNG sites for Electrical install
can't disclose .

should have added no secret business here as I heard it thru the company grapevine and not sure of the site .

shasta
29-01-2012, 02:47 PM
CSG just out of flavour atm , projects still going ahead despite what people think
The company I work for have been awarded one of the LNG sites for Electrical install
can't disclose .

should have added no secret business here as I heard it thru the company grapevine and not sure of the site .

While all the attention is on Shale Gas explorers, could be a good time to accummulate the CSG stocks with majors backing them.

I certainly like WCL in the sector, the BG/QGC & NHC link up intrigues me, & still looks cheap.

Soon as they prove up a decent sized 2P resource they will likely be taken over though

crooky
29-01-2012, 04:58 PM
I may be a bit bias as I'm Westside shareholder , I have been acummalating more on dips around the 23 to 24 mark.
Another point to remember is that 2 directors are heavily invested as shareholders at around the 45 cent mark ,
Angus Karoll and Nathan Mitchell to the tune of $2mill each.
To me IMO sets a floor price of 45 if a T/O should occur .
But as you say we need to prove up our reserves .

I attended the last AGM and was impressed with management.
Shareholdings for both below

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WCL&E=ASX&N=220825

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WCL&E=ASX&N=220827

bermuda
29-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I may be a bit bias as I'm Westside shareholder , I have been acummalating more on dips around the 23 to 24 mark.
Another point to remember is that 2 directors are heavily invested as shareholders at around the 45 cent mark ,

Crooky,
I sold my wife's RIO and BHP to buy into BUL and WCL and STX. Fortunately,
bless her heart, she hasn't asked me how they are getting on. If she asks me I am just going to tell her the truth and say that " of all the stocks we own these three will have their day. Might have to wait for another year but as you know I am very patient."

I bought into WCL because of their total package. You don't often get these credentials being so under the radar. Just a matter of time . Just have to patient. They must be on a few companies checklist. You would expect BG to be looking I am sure.

BUL's performance has been the worst in my experience. Yet I still believe in it. Never ever have I thought about selling BUL because one day they will get an offer. ...I did however sell my TEX a few years ago for dismal and slow performance and blow me down they have now gone on for a 6 bagger. So I am not worried about BUL or WCL and as for STX things are about to change. You just have to be patient.

Sooner or later these CSG 'minnows' will get mopped up. Those with operating assets like WCL will get a bit more.

shasta
29-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Not too mention the NHC shareholding, which ensures WCL wont be mopped up on the cheap by BG, & we know NHC's track record with AOE ;)

crooky
29-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Bermuda ,

Somes up WCL well , total package .
Still holding BUL as well and have added as well at 7

Lucky to be holding TEX @2.2, although always a struggle to get a descent announcement over the line.

Also have a position with EXE once more @12 , the Galilee could turn into a positive shale play and is still a CSG player.

Glad you talked quite a few of us to hold our old VPE shares , I picked up quite a few more in the last SPP
Still on topic as they still hold CSG permits .

A wild card CSG player is PGS , I only managed to get a small parcel @2.5 , main reason was for their 50% JV with SXY for a unconventional play , worth a look as it retraced in the last week ,been holding at 4. would like to pick a few more up.

bermuda
29-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Bermuda ,

Lucky to be holding TEX @2.2, although always a struggle to get a descent announcement over the line.

Also have a position with EXE once more @12 , the Galilee could turn into a positive shale play and is still a CSG player.

Glad you talked quite a few of us to hold our old VPE shares , I picked up quite a few more in the last SPP
Still on topic as they still hold CSG permits .

A wild card CSG player is PGS , I only managed to get a small parcel @2.5 , main reason was for their 50% JV with SXY for a unconventional play , worth a look as it retraced in the last week ,been holding at 4. would like to pick a few more up.

Thanks Crooky. Haven't heard of PGS. Will take a good look.

crooky
30-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Just remember I said Wild Card.

bermuda
30-01-2012, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=crooky;366468]Bermuda ,

Crooky, with TEX at 10.5 today you have done well. I just got a bit peeved with their slow progess. Should have held. I missed a 4 bagger here. Not to worry, I am really pleased for Lawrence and his team. If any guy deserved a break it is Lawrence . A genuine nice guy.

I have had a look at PGS. Thanks. Beautiful chart to grow on. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention. I have totally overlooked this company. And so has the market. There is next to nothing on HC and it won't be on Sharescene. This is an overlooked gem. And associated with my beloved SXY. I have been looking for something like this. Although to be fair should I further invest in O&G bearing in mind my entire portfolio is O&G.? Sometimes I wonder. Planet Gas is there for the taking.

Crooky, just had a look at the HC posters. Seem to know their stuff. Worth a gander. Looks as though there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Thanks again.

crooky
31-01-2012, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=crooky;366468]Bermuda ,

Crooky, with TEX at 10.5 today you have done well. I just got a bit peeved with their slow progess. Should have held. I missed a 4 bagger here. Not to worry, I am really pleased for Lawrence and his team. If any guy deserved a break it is Lawrence . A genuine nice guy.

I have had a look at PGS. Thanks. Beautiful chart to grow on. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention. I have totally overlooked this company. And so has the market. There is next to nothing on HC and it won't be on Sharescene. This is an overlooked gem. And associated with my beloved SXY. I have been looking for something like this. Although to be fair should I further invest in O&G bearing in mind my entire portfolio is O&G.? Sometimes I wonder. Planet Gas is there for the taking.

Crooky, just had a look at the HC posters. Seem to know their stuff. Worth a gander. Looks as though there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Thanks again.

First the CSG now the shale play
90% of my portfiolo O&G ,
NHC in there , Possible T/O target or SP rise if more success in and around SXY/ BPT shale tenements , Low Cap.
Still have to remember drilling by preso looks to be Q4 2012 , so quite a wait
PEL 514 licence execution now fully granted so at least set to go JV
toss in the CSG & GEO play
SXY Joint Venture Partner