PDA

View Full Version : European Open

Volatility
20-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi, I trade mostly the European open and sometimes into the US if I can keep awake from my little office on the Kapiti Coast.

It's a lonely business though. Just wondering if some of you have a group I could possibly join to discuss sentiment, market structure, currency pairs, possible trades etc.

If not, is anyone interested in starting a group?

Thanks

peat
20-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Vol....
I know what you mean - it not really active enough in this forum here to gain any sense of camaraderie , but its the only NZ forum I know of that has any posting to speak of at all.
You could try the forex forum on global-view which is more active, I sometimes go there
http://www.global-view.com/forums/forum.html?f=1

or just post here....

Dr_Who
20-05-2010, 08:16 PM
I tried staying up for the US market awhile back. It only lasted for less than one week. I kept falling asleep... LOL

I see Euro market is up tonight, here is hoping it stays up.

peat
20-05-2010, 08:30 PM
yeh I used to be a real night owl but lately I find it better to put a couple of trades in then go to sleep early and wake up early eg 5am. the us market keeps going for a few more hours often by that time the moves are starting to exhaust a bit.

peat
21-05-2010, 05:55 AM
SNB involvement supporting Euro (against Swissy) but having an impact accross the board

Dr_Who
21-05-2010, 07:11 AM
SNB involvement supporting Euro (against Swissy) but having an impact accross the board

Stockmarket getting hammered again. How long can this go on? :(

Volatility
21-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the comments. Went to Global View and it kept me company - that and the kids playing Black Eyed Peas.

No trading for me tonight. It's been a long week and I'm battle scarred. Three times I was taken out of good trades by massive spikes. Tempted to remove my stop but been there before.

I call myself Volatility but maybe you can have too much of a good thing.

peat
21-05-2010, 04:44 PM
yeh voaltility is really high at the moment.... I also have had a few trades spiked out recently...got a good long cable going at the moment though +95

I think at times like this one needs to reduce trade size and increase stop size by quite a large factor.
Or not use stops which in forex is only okay if you never sleep or pee - but I'm not using stops with S+P trading anymore as I limit my number of positions at any one time.