PDA

View Full Version : ZIN - Zintel

Lizard
01-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Got that result behind them and might be time to accumulate? (Might have been safer to accumulate the last couple of months, but things are slow on the NZAX, so probably still some time). Definitely looks better buying as a "payments solution" business than SPY, given the balance sheet and recent result.

Hard to say yet whether it's a winner, but looks interesting at $15.7m market cap and given previous returns. I plan on taking a closer look when I get the time.

darksentinel
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I think the business looks good overall with clear growth prospects. The outcomes of the current TEL situation will affect them, and is, imo, an important consideration to make when valuing this stock.
Moving to the NZX would definitely be an improvement, liquidity on the NZAX is very low.

percy
01-06-2010, 02:59 PM
The Hypercom agency is a winner,the other parts of the business we will have to wait and see.Growing company,strong balance sheet,Nic Gordon with a lot of flesh on the line should make for interesting times.It is good there are not a lot of shares on issue.I do not think things will happen overnight.As you pointed out darksentinel clear growth prospects. Lizard time may be on your side.Still very thinly traded company.

percy
01-12-2010, 02:44 PM
The half year result is out.Everything appears to be moving in the right direction.Positive.I brought a few more today after reading the announcement.

darksentinel
01-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I still really like this company. Continued good to great prospects for growth, and they seem to have made very good progress in coping with "challenging trading conditions" (which is a phrase I've seen in basically every report I've read in the last years), and if the developments of the Cogent acquisition continue as indicated then this was a good call.
Quite a reduction in cash assets, but I think that, unlike many other companies, ZIN remains in good shape and there are no alarm bells ringing. The low volume for this stock continues to be a bit inconvenient though.
From a value approach I'd suggest it's a buy, from a technical perspective it's a hold that's worth keeping an eye on (although presumably a technical-minded person would not currently hold any of this stock).

DISC: Hold.

RazorX
07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
I still really like this company. Continued good to great prospects for growth, and they seem to have made very good progress in coping with "challenging trading conditions" (which is a phrase I've seen in basically every report I've read in the last years), and if the developments of the Cogent acquisition continue as indicated then this was a good call.
Quite a reduction in cash assets, but I think that, unlike many other companies, ZIN remains in good shape and there are no alarm bells ringing. The low volume for this stock continues to be a bit inconvenient though.
From a value approach I'd suggest it's a buy, from a technical perspective it's a hold that's worth keeping an eye on (although presumably a technical-minded person would not currently hold any of this stock).

DISC: Hold.

Beautiful company this one - pays a good divi. I just bought some more yesterday. There is talk of it going to the main exchange so that would boost liquidity.

Although on the talk of liquidity, I wasn't expecting my order to be complete so soon - probably the fastest I ever had.

darksentinel
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Liquidity in the low-mid 20s has been pretty high, still waiting for the (inevitable?) upward trend :D

percy
07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Liquidity in the low-mid 20s has been pretty high, still waiting for the (inevitable?) upward trend :D

Would appear one of the larger shareholders is selling as they need money for another project.I don't Know who the shareholder is[other than it is not the ACC],but I believe they still have some to sell.I therefore expect the SP will not do anything until these shares find a good home.

percy
26-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Well team,it has been a test of character,SP going no where,but today's announcement means WE WERE RIGHT>!!!!!

percy
22-07-2011, 01:27 PM
The annual report read very well. Just loved "We are now RESTRUCTURED,FOCUSED AND READY for the year ahead." Exciting stuff.Still enjoy the old "we are well positioned" phrase,however.!!! Chairman, Nick Gordon did say"I am delighted to be realising our ambitions to grow the Group,through both internal investment opportunities and acquisition.through increased size and revenue and with a focus on execution,sustainable growth in profit should follow and I am confident shareholders will be well pleased with future results."
I look forward to being well pleased.I note recent buying interest means others look to be joining me.!

percy
02-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Announcement today of a good bolt on acquisition by Zintel.

janner
02-09-2011, 04:02 PM
" Bolt on ".. Another catch phrase, aye Percy :-))

percy
02-09-2011, 04:54 PM
" Bolt on ".. Another catch phrase, aye Percy :-))
Yeah Right.!!!! Easy way out I suppose.What I like is Zintel are happy to purchase a business that adds to their "core' business,and are also prepared to sell a business if they think they can use the funds to better effect elsewhere.Positive,makes me feel we are "well positioned" for the upturn.in the share price !!!.

percy
06-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Another good result and a divie.Gross divie yield now 14%. Nice.

percy
01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Well todays's announcement takes the cake.ZIN to sell their Aussie subsidary company for 15.3mil NZ.With a market cap of 16.6mil @ 30CENTS THE FOLLOWING MEANS WE ARE IN FOR FUN;"With existing cash reserves the group has no need for additional funds and therefore intends to distribute a considerable portion of the sale proceeds to shareholders."
love it.!!!!

RazorX
01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Price up 81% as at 3pm - market has reached my 80% gain on purchase price so I'm selling.

percy
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I was interested to read the MD Mr.Johan Scholtz's comments in todays announcement "Our remaining NZ operations represent around $40 mil in revenue.Some business units here are highly profitable but other parts of the business are not.This will free up my time to focus on NZ."
ZIN have a history of being careful with cash/shareholder funds.They have grown the business carefully without taking on debt,They have paid me dividends.So I am sitting on my holding.

Lizard
01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Well done to holders! ZIN was on top of my buy stats this year, but got knocked back as I couldn't risk any more illiquid spec holdings. So I am rubbing my eyes...

...damn, forgot I'd just been nibbling on the wasabi peas....:scared:

(PS Febfast is over)

darksentinel
01-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Happened on the very day when I was considering selling at 22c for much-needed money.
Although last week, I was thinking of accumulating...

darksentinel
20-03-2012, 11:56 AM
ZIN earlier announced the sale of the Australian subsidiary to j2 Global, for a cash consideration of NZ$15.3m.
This consideration, which amounts to 27.6 cps, will be returned to shareholders "in the form of a capital repayment equivalent to 9.75 cents per share, and a special dividend of 10.15 cents per share fully imputed". The special dividend includes imputation credits of 4.35 cents, so constitutes a gross payment of 14.5 cps (record date 30 March, payment 13 April). Details on the capital repayment remain TBA.

According to Nick Gordon, "after both payments the Company will still retain around $8m cash in bank" (14.4 cps).
The New Zealand business has revenue of $40 million.
With ZIN currently trading at 42-43 cents, this puts the value of the NZ business, excluding cash in bank, at roughly $2 million (42 cents share price, ~24.25 cps return, ~14.4 cps cash in bank = 3.35 cents * 55,413,413 shares on offer).

I think for the short term we will see some selling pressure driving the price back down to around 40 cents. I myself sold out at 43 cents.

Update: as I was finishing this, a sale went through at 40 cents, so the adjusted value is 1.35 cents, for a value of $750,000.

darksentinel
13-04-2012, 09:57 PM
So, new announcement, after the dividend there is going to be a 1 in 5.128 share buyback and subsequent cancellation at 50c (!) per share, returning ~$5.4 million to shareholders.

Clearly selling out at 43c was a mistake (although at the time it was necessary), as today's (post-dividend) close was at 38c.

Two other points stand out from the announcement: firstly, that the situation with Verifone over the Hypercom terminals has not been resolved and will be heading to court in NSW, and that "Unfortunately we have not realised the synergies anticipated by combining the businesses of Zintel Communications, Zintel Enterprise and Cogent Communications" which is disappointing.

Expecting some key directional announcements later this year.

Source: https://www.nzx.com/companies/ZIN/announcements/221566

percy
14-04-2012, 08:46 AM
So, new announcement, after the dividend there is going to be a 1 in 5.128 share buyback and subsequent cancellation at 50c (!) per share, returning ~$5.4 million to shareholders.

Clearly selling out at 43c was a mistake (although at the time it was necessary), as today's (post-dividend) close was at 38c.

Two other points stand out from the announcement: firstly, that the situation with Verifone over the Hypercom terminals has not been resolved and will be heading to court in NSW, and that "Unfortunately we have not realised the synergies anticipated by combining the businesses of Zintel Communications, Zintel Enterprise and Cogent Communications" which is disappointing.

Expecting some key directional announcements later this year.

Source: https://www.nzx.com/companies/ZIN/announcements/221566

I have been surprised by the strength of ZIN's share price since the announcement you refer to.I thought the announcement was very negative.I have continued to hold my shares.Should the non profitable parts of the business be sold we are left with the profitable parts.Should they be sold also,we will receive further cash distributions,and be left with a shell company still worth something.With the cash distribution and share buy back I will enjoy a free ride,so will see what happens.Still plenty of cash in the company.

percy
17-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Received the paperwork for the share buy back.Will accept ie one for every 5.128 at 50cents.

darksentinel
17-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Received the paperwork for the share buy back.Will accept ie one for every 5.128 at 50cents.
It's a very good offer, especially if you find a buyer for the other 4.128 :)

percy
17-04-2012, 09:06 PM
It's a very good offer, especially if you find a buyer for the other 4.128 :)

Yes an excellent offer.Not looking to sell my remaining shares.From today's share buy back offer.
the company holds cash reserves of $15 millon ex the payment of the recent dividend,which represents 27 cents per share.
The enterprise value of the balance of the company's business units together with the cash reserves [ex dividend] is estimated as having a gross value between $19 millon and $35 millon,representing an estimated value of between 34.3 cents and 63.2 cents per share in aggregate-the average range of values is 48.8cents per share.
the board is considering a number of options with respect to the business operations of the group,which options include further divestments of some of the group's business divisions.Meantime there is a strong focus on improving the performance of the individual businesses.

Snow Leopard
23-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Todays Announcement (http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ZIN&E=NZSE&N=226337) contains

...Post settlement, Zintel Group Ltd has in excess of $19m cash in bank with no debt, in addition to the assets of Commit Services and any potential settlement in the VeriFone dispute. Zintel share price has been trading at 41cents recently, representing a market capitalisation of $18.4m. The Directors are now reviewing Zintel Group's options moving forward and details will be announced once finalised...

best wishes
Paper Tiger

Lizard
22-11-2012, 07:55 AM
In solvent liquidation with further 25cps payment before Christmas and more to follow. Nice work by directors who have worked in shareholders interest to realise so much value for them. Well done, Percy! :)