PDA

View Full Version : FML - The Goose that is laying the golden egg.

tricha
25-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Shaneoz (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/member.php?9268-Shaneoz) "Or should that be a good place to buy?

Just a thought.... "

Folks I can not seem to change the thread title and gold is the relevant part.

So buy :confused: , its producing, has it's own milling plant and this quarter will tell, costs should go down.

This is my lifestyle insurance policy. :cool:

Phaedrus
26-06-2010, 11:55 AM
The goose appears to be egg-bound, Tricha!

I understand that you are bullish on Gold and that is the main reason you are holding FML, but shouldn't you be concerned over the lack of any correlation between FML's shareprice and Gold? Over the course of this chart, Gold has risen 400% while FML has fallen 40%.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/FML626.gif

So buy - its producing, has it's own milling plant and costs should go down.Unfortunately that is not not all that's going down - FM's shareprice has fallen over 30% in 6 months and has been in a downtrend all this year - why not wait until it stops falling and starts rising before buying?

This is my lifestyle insurance policy.You are holding FML as a longterm investment? Is that wise? You have always classed FML as "a penny dreadful and a gambling stock." - and I would agree with that assessment. As a longterm "investment" FML has been a disaster - not too many stocks are lower than they were a decade ago!

I would have thought that FML was far too speculative to qualify as a "lifestyle insurance policy".

elZorro
26-06-2010, 12:10 PM
The goose appears to be egg-bound, Tricha!

I understand that you are bullish on Gold and that is the main reason you are holding FML, but shouldn't you be concerned over the lack of any correlation between FML's shareprice and Gold? Over the course of this chart, Gold has risen 400% while FML has fallen 40%.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/FML626.gif

Unfortunately that is not not all that's going down - FM's shareprice has fallen over 30% in 6 months and has been in a downtrend all this year - why not wait until it stops falling and starts rising before buying?

You are holding FML as a longterm investment? Is that wise? You have always classed FML as "a penny dreadful and a gambling stock." - and I would agree with that assessment. As a longterm "investment" FML has been a disaster - not too many stocks are lower than they were a decade ago!

I would have thought that FML was far too speculative to qualify as a "lifestyle insurance policy".

I haven't looked at this share in any depth, so these comments are more for a bit of humour:

I don't like the way the SP for FML has been ramping up and down, I don't think you need to fit trendlines to see it as a bit speculative. A short-term trade.

FML has been a modest share, and it has much to be modest about.
(adapted from Sir Winston Churchill, so as not to offend).

Shaneoz
27-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I agree with some of the stuff you have said Phaedrus, some of it not. My interpretation of the chart. Mainly based on the last 2 years of the weekly chart. I believe there is some major support at the 5c level and the last retracement (weekly) is close to 50%.
I think as a share it is a share to trade not to hold for the long term. I like the fact that is has retraced to this resistance line and then has essentially gone sideways since then. That in itself shows support under the price.

Fundamentally, there has been quite a bit happening. Resource upgrades, short term debt paid off. Some pretty high grade finds. At $1000/oz they are going to turn over quite a bit of cash. 60000 oz forecast at a cost of around 700/oz.

I believe the next few years it will be a traders market with a few major whipsaws that will hurt the buy and hold type players. But if you dont try and make it into something it shouldnt be then I see it as a reasonable opportunity. I dont think it will be a 10 bagger or anything special but as long as it is profitable then its all good.

Just my 2c. DYOR.

Cheers,

tricha
27-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Phaedrus http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?p=309074#post309074)
Phaedrus "The goose appears to be egg-bound, Tricha!

I understand that you are bullish on Gold and that is the main reason you are holding FML, but shouldn't you be concerned over the lack of any correlation between FML's shareprice and Gold? Over the course of this chart, Gold has risen 400% while FML has fallen 40%. "

U have to look at the big picture Phaedrus, Change,its now a producer in it's own right. And u r right on this one Phaedrus, it
is is a pure speculative play, not for the faint hearted. ShaneOZ is also quite right, tis not a ten bagger, but depending on the gold price a 1 - 2 bagger possibility and a great trading company.
So if u like to back a horse or two, this one could well be worth a ride.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=483928

The Foundation The Focus The Future

March 2010

ASX: FML

Profitable Gold producer in Coolgardie
Goldfields, WA
Resources of 1.9Moz Au

�� Measured & Indicated 11.9mt @ 2.2 for 843k ozs

�� Inferred Resource 11.2mt @ 2.9 for 1.05m ozs

�� Grand Total 23mt @ 2.6 for 1.9m ozs

Reserves of 157k oz Au
80,000oz of gold to be produced in 2010

�� 21,000 produced to date

No Debt & No Hedging
Aggressive exploration program underway
Nepean Nickel Project

Focus Minerals – A COMPANY ON THE MOVE

“Focus is not the same company it was

p y
12 months ago”

In Focus is a profitable gold producing company
Focus has Low cash costs
Focus is Debt-free
Focus is Hedge-free - Significant leverage to rising gold price
Refurbishment of Three Mile Hill complete
1 9Moz resource base massive 21

1.9Moz ~ upside potential
Game changing’ exploration program underway

* Calendar Years

tricha
15-09-2010, 01:20 PM
10:53 am Focus Trebles FY2010 Net Profit to $10.9M

Phaedrus - The goose appears to be egg-bound, Tricha!

Hmm, u spend too much time in the clouds.!

Focus profit trebles
on record production

Highlights

• Net profit for FY2010 up from $3.1m to $10.9m

• Production rises 50% to 62,296oz

• Annual cash cost A$792/oz

Focus Minerals (ASX:FML) is pleased to report that the ramp-up of production at the
Company’s refurbished processing plant has underpinned a record $10.9 million
net profit for the year to June 30, 2010.
The result compares with a $3.1 million net profit in the previous corresponding
period and comes on the back of a 70 % rise in revenue to $70.7 million.
Focus produced a record 62,296 ounces in the year, up from 41,401 ounces in the
previous 12 months

Phaedrus
15-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Phaedrus... u spend too much time in the clouds! I disagree. In the real world, some knowledge and a little experience in the study of clouds enables you to make reasonably accurate, quite useful weather forecasts. TA is not a lot different in that you are looking for patterns that you have learnt are usually associated with good or bad performance. The use of some very simple TA would help you a lot, Tricha. You need to keep a closer eye on the barometer!

So, lets take a look at the chart. Think of it as a weather map. All this year FML was in a downtrend, the barometer was falling. Why would you want to buy (let alone hold) such a stock? Why not wait for it to stop falling before you invest? You are looking for the barometer to fall to a low level and then start to rise. Indicators like the OBV and slow oscillators such as the RSI(35) shown here act a little like that. See where they triggered buy signals?
Look now at the RSI(14) (this is the default value, so lets not have any talk of my using "hindsight" to select an optimum value). See how FML was making lower lows all the way down as the long downtrend ground on. Look carefully, though, and you will see that in mid-August, the RSI suddenly made higher lows. This is called a Bullish Divergence and this was a particularly strong one (Class A, but lets not get too technical here). Note also that the slow RSI was, for the first time in a year, climbing out of an OverSold state, firing off a trio of very timely buy signals.
Observe the OBV (On Balance Volume). This very useful indicator had been in an accelerating downtrend, necessitating ever steeper trendlines to monitor it. When the final confirmed trendline was broken, this, too, gave an excellent and very timely buy signal.
The barometer had stopped falling, Tricha, and had begun rising. That's the time to buy! There are many good books on market meteorology. It would pay you to read a few.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/FML915.gif

STRAT
16-09-2010, 09:27 AM
I reckon you might need some louder font Phaedrus :p

tricha
20-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I reckon you might need some louder font Phaedrus :p

Nice piece of stirring Strat, lol

Down to the serious stuff, Phaedrus - disagree. In the real world, some knowledge and a little experience in the study of clouds enables you to make reasonably accurate, quite useful weather forecasts. TA is not a lot different in that you are looking for patterns that you have learnt are usually associated with good or bad performance. The use of some very simple TA would help you a lot, Tricha. You need to keep a closer eye on the barometer!

FML is a gambling stock and I am looking at a few factors.

1 - $US versus Gold, direction ??? who knows how long China will prop them up. So is gold a bubble, it will be and when it bursts, watch the tide go out.

2 - Under ground gold mining in OZ is usually unprofitable.

I do not believe FML is trendable, tradable yes, so on this note I am taking another quick profit on this gambling stock and running. Hold it or fold it.

soulman
21-09-2010, 03:28 AM
You 2 fellows have bad history but I'm afraid P is one of the best TA expert out there.

I have been in and out of FML sucessfully when they were in their 6's to 8's. When it went down trend, I left it alone. Then re-bought a few of weeks ago at 4.5, then double up at 4.7, then another lot at 4.9 and the last lot at 5.2. Timing for selling is a bit off. Sold at 5.7 Fri and the rest today at 5.9. Technically, FML is good but FA, FML is way undervalued compared to their peers like CAH and RMS. Now it's more in line. The new gold discovery put the rocket's in their share price the last 2 trading days.

STRAT
21-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Nice piece of stirring Strat, lol

Sorry Tricha. Couldnt help myself:p. Thanks for taking it in good humour.

COLIN
21-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I do not believe FML is trendable, tradable yes, so on this note I am taking another quick profit on this gambling stock and running. Hold it or fold it.

A bit premature I'm afraid to say, Tricha.

tricha
05-10-2010, 09:15 PM
A bit premature I'm afraid to say, Tricha.

Hmm whos premature Colin, mind you i'm back in today, so fire at will. It went up fast and so a correction was in order,
6 cents coming up soon if that bottom left number holds up.

Australian Dollar (javascript:KitcoIndex('charts.htm?AUD','AUD');)-0.98%10/05-04:001.04320.95861383.32+24.93http://www.kitco.com/images/1.gif http://www.kitco.com/images/up.gif

U see folks there is a little bit more to Focus, than just a gambling stock, if u r ever in Widgiemooltha, 80km south of Coolgardie.
Stop in at the roadhouse, it tells a story.!

Focus Begins Accelerated Development of the
Mount into New Stand‐Alone Mining Operation

• Outstanding exploration and trial mining results from The Mount deposit pave way to
create a 2nd operational centre at Widgiemooltha, 80km south of Coolgardie

• Maiden high‐grade Reserve at The Mount of 19,100 ounces (69,000t @ 8.6gt) ~
excellent potential for further significant Reserve upgrades in near future

• 7,200 tonnes of ore at 9.2 g/t delivered from project to date ~ 2,150 ounces already
produced from development ore

• The Mount to be considered a company maker in its own right with just 2 of 15 lodes
so far tested

• Focus continues to expand the Reserve base of all its operations through ongoing
exploration and detailed geological modelling

West Australian gold miner Focus Minerals Limited resetsasttiumulstas at esfdr ao P mmro idTb‐ahtbieel erM gRooelusden rptv reoD doeufp c6oe8sr,i 0ta,0f t0wetrh adicteh 8li v.h6eagrv/inetg fe oonru a1 tb(s9Alte,aS2dnX0 d:0t ihFn oeMgu Lednx)ec plecilvosoe.nr ratyitn iouonfe saa n todm btariuidaielld nm oJinnO iRnitCgs TTtoihnnedn aeMlss oa utM n5it.n5, i nwgg/h ti Ccfoehrn t3isr1 e4 s,ia0ttu0 a0Ct oeoodul ngaacter dsW iaein,d dhg iahesam sa oa olsrlietghanadi,fy i capaprnpotrd ouIxncifemedra ritneed ley x rc8ees0soksu morfc 7es o,2ou0ft h02 .t2oof n mnFioellcsiu oasnt’ s9o.2m ge /2t ,1fr5o0m o turniacle sm firnoinmg Tohvee rM tohuen pt atsot dfoauter, mwoitnht hpsr.o Tdhucist iohnas f oern athbele yde tahre e pxproedctuecdti oton boef t1IwdpTgmtiF1anmhonio.iah02virto etrdc2epo,eeMd h0tuf 0 ocniaue td0sctt rh btlmlp eiu0tslFhoCeov aal. 3eoe nahovne pTTt c0rsieultrrheMu o hl0 enenytfeasprs ,sohco, s0neEm .eeuac teted0(xnesothn eS em .0 Mtn etoneial cs y feftootui imu l tdpdukFethnhdiaere ninavHdeegondlosecs peuivce fw,e lr atareiwl C hgd elcrn ugrra i,itet 1o pleno o3mlstt)la gu oh0hdb odpm nue0a aefpybdrt r d o mr eaecs ydtvolie othilmeiercie mtebtsi eBilare fodaseaaoeldmnsse vi r imerfad1aenwaod l ttr5sgi o4,a ofna s r terfs0 giiappeaevdna0epxrcadei g idiipad rson ld iauatntiutttloosny lpydhnotl cd .s aeedc fikbi n nleRadT r efccsteeeohsgr ees supreei ufen b ahebotMrl eshratrvti
tv oes onvehw ea u esgCabdreen.r do etpedvttie mi naricfccntoal aoapiut rodllmhaba nurnmeatlpaceeossyltela eed’ eismtco dhexrl hnro e isoaigeo d nrbnch(nteegFeyhd‐ s gni Ga rageeritatgesuxanl my grprdaao rmearebcine feno l2ilsaic yrdmns)naoe iigatvnmw spi lreegaeoohoir cnsndfuivmcscu seeneihi riosn,sdont .ns hhb v i1 neaOaeeutd5logsrrtfl

COLIN
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Yes, Tricha, you were right, I was wrong - I hope that makes you feel better. Anyway, good that we are both able to enjoy today's little spurt, with the hope that it evolves into a more powerful jet.

Now I just have to try and interpret the glossolalia in your last post!

tricha
06-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Yes, Tricha, you were right, I was wrong - I hope that makes you feel better. Anyway, good that we are both able to enjoy today's little spurt, with the hope that it evolves into a more powerful jet.

Now I just have to try and interpret the glossolalia in your last post!

Colin I got lucky,

The announcement today. This is one hell of a strike they announced today and it is from Coolgardie. It's not one of those bull****e ones where they go through a nugget, this is over strike.

Once it sinks in the market will awaken.! Believe me this is huge.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=508345

soulman
06-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Colin I got lucky,

The announcement today. This is one hell of a strike they announced today and it is from Coolgardie. It's not one of those bull****e ones where they go through a nugget, this is over strike.

Once it sinks in the market will awaken.! Believe me this is huge.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=508345

Me too, I got lucky buying a few at 5.3 yesterday. I think the real gem in FML is their nickel and copper asset, which apparently have no value attributing to it.

tricha
08-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Me too, I got lucky buying a few at 5.3 yesterday. I think the real gem in FML is their nickel and copper asset, which apparently have no value attributing to it.

Reminds me of Otto, a multi based gambling stock, anything could happen, could be Happy Days here. Even though there are billions of shares, the value of this companie does not represent much more than the value of their processing plant.

High-Grade Near-Surface Gold Hits Strengthen Happy Jack Open Pit
Best results of 8m @ 55.6g/t Au and 2m @ 20.7g/t Au reveal large extension of high-grade zone
__________________________________________________ _________
Gold producer Focus Minerals (ASX: FML) is pleased to advise that drilling to establish a sustainable production base for upcoming open pit mining at its Coolgardie Gold Operations in Western Australia has delivered a series of outstanding high-grade gold intersections from the Happy Jack deposit, adjacent to its flagship Tindals Mining Centre.
The ongoing 20-hole surface drilling program at Happy Jack, which is intended to validate historical drilling and test for high-grade ore potential, has delivered excellent intersections from the first 12 holes (refer Table 1), including :

o 8m @ 55.6g/t Au from 114m (with visible Au)
o 2m @ 20.7g/t Au from 29 metres
o 4m @ 7.0g/t Au from 75 metres, and
o 2m @ 5.3g/t Au from 88 metres.

tricha
21-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Depends when u bought and sold and bought and sold and bought and sold.

Anyway, with DOM being taken out, this leaves FML wide open, selling is now not an option.

Laying a golden egg?

"The goose appears to be egg-bound, Tricha!

I understand that you are bullish on Gold and that is the main reason you are holding FML, but shouldn't you be concerned over the lack of any correlation between FML's shareprice and Gold? Over the course of this chart, Gold has risen 400% while FML has fallen 40%. "

tricha
01-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I wonder how long till someone like Newmount take this penny dreadful out.??

Focus Chief Executive Officer, Campbell Baird said the results showed Treasure Island had enormous potential to host a high-grade gold resource.
"These results are extremely exciting and highlight the substantial upside at what is already emerging as a highly desirable address in geological terms," Mr Baird said.
"We will now embark on the next round of sampling and other grassroots exploration work to gain a greater understanding of what we have in Treasure Island and how we can tap its full potential as quickly as possible,"

12:45 pmLake Cowan High Grade Gold Results (http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=513428)

tricha
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I wonder how long till someone like Newmount take this penny dreadful out.??

Focus Chief Executive Officer, Campbell Baird said the results showed Treasure Island had enormous potential to host a high-grade gold resource.
"These results are extremely exciting and highlight the substantial upside at what is already emerging as a highly desirable address in geological terms," Mr Baird said.
"We will now embark on the next round of sampling and other grassroots exploration work to gain a greater understanding of what we have in Treasure Island and how we can tap its full potential as quickly as possible,"

12:45 pmLake Cowan High Grade Gold Results (http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=513428)

$163,335,956.48 thats the value of this company, their processing plant is probably worth 200 million, their gold worth nothing,
such is the nature of this gambling stock, but if gold keeps going up, this company will become a target.
This is a bit like backing a horse, a golden horse.:scared::cool: one that might make you rich or one that might make you broke.

tricha
11-11-2010, 08:56 PM
$163,335,956.48 thats the value of this company, their processing plant is probably worth 200 million, their gold worth nothing,
such is the nature of this gambling stock, but if gold keeps going up, this company will become a target.
This is a bit like backing a horse, a golden horse.:scared::cool: one that might make you rich or one that might make you broke.

WELL I do not know what to make of my favourite gambling stock, gold goes up, the market goes up and FML goes down.
I have a feeling that there will be more great drilling results soon.

With all these billions banded around that the mining majors hold, theres going to be more takeovers coming soon.
FML is my favoured gold target.
This horse is running, will it turn into a flyer or a donkey, time will reveal.

tricha
21-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I bought some more of my gambling stock yesterday, another 400,000 @ 5.3 cents

The writing is on the wall, targets being met and another interesting year a head.

Focus hits target with production of 21,000oz in December Quarter
Focus Minerals (ASX:FML) is pleased to advise that it has hit its production target in the December Quarter, pouring 21,036 ounces at its Coolgardie operations in Western Australia.
The result reflects the benefits of Focus’ refurbished Three Mile Hill mill, which had 100 per cent of its capacity available to the Company in the quarter for the first time.
The December Quarter built on the September production result of 15,300 ounces and took Focus’ production to 77,000 ounces in 2010, in line with the Company’s previously stated target of 80,000 ounces. Importantly, production in the December quarter exceeded this target on an annualised basis.
Focus Chief Executive Campbell Baird said the latest result showed the Company was well on track to grow production towards an annualised rate of greater than 100,000 ounces for 2011.
"This outstanding result shows Focus is delivering on the commitments made to shareholders," Mr Baird said. "These included an undertaking that the refurbished mill would underpin growing production at Coolgardie and these figures show that is clearly the case."
Mr Baird said the company will provide full production, operating and cash cost information as part of its December Quarter report later this month.
ENDS
Released by:
On behalf of:
Nicholas Read / Paul Armstrong
Campbell Baird, CEO
Read Corporate
Focus Minerals Ltd
Telephone: (+61-8) 9388-1474
Telephone: (+61-8) 9215-7888
Web:

drillfix
21-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I thought you were 100% out of the market Tricha?

You mean the world is not going to roll over tomorrow or the next day now? :P

tricha
21-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I thought you were 100% out of the market Tricha?

You mean the world is not going to roll over tomorrow or the next day now? :P

Not quite - this is what I said on 6.01.2011

Sold everything except FML and bought more to go to 20% gold. But Strat may be quite right, this may not be the year, China is seeing to that, it's still in their interests to prop up the US.

FML is ticking all the right box's and .

1 - No debt
2 - Cash
3 - Plenty of gold
4 - A processing plant running and paid for.
5 - They will find a lot more gold.
6 - I rate them as cheap, hence a prime take over target.
7 - Management are walking the talk, targets being met.
8 - They have consolidated Coolgardie, the next superpit, Kal just down the road on the same vein.
9 - It's very close to a city, Kalgoorlie, so live in workers, not out in the wop wops.(camps, fly in, support very expensive)

Greed or fear, greed or fear, Phaedrus. Beach has got to go, even though the fundamentals are correct.
I need to go to 80% - 90% cash and the rest in gold stocks.

The oil price will plummet, maybe down to $25, because no one will be buying it for a short time. Beach could ride it out as they have no debt and plenty of cash.
The smart move will be to be out.

Cheers for the comment!

drillfix
22-01-2011, 04:33 AM
No worries Trichia, and I guess well justified.

Sometimes I skim certain posts and forget certain parts of the actual content, but you cool, no need to justify, but well done though :)

tricha
24-01-2011, 02:34 PM
No worries Trichia, and I guess well justified.

Sometimes I skim certain posts and forget certain parts of the actual content, but you cool, no need to justify, but well done though :)

No worries Drillfix

On a bright note

5 - They will find a lot more gold

12:06 pmBig Blow Intercepts Strengthen Open Pit Programme (http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=525499)

tricha
08-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Its all happening and maybe due for a re-rating soon, expect more announcements out soon regarding drilling results.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=527980
Focus to report 28% rise in interim profit to $6.2m

 Half-year pre-tax profit expected to be a record $6.2m
 EBITDA up 51% to $14.6m
 On track to produce from two new mines in next 3 months
 Approvals received to start drilling at Treasure Island
It's all exciting and we also have a new valuation from Hartleys and its a speculative buy.peculative Buy

Share Price: $0.055

Valuation: $0.103

Price Target: $0.095

tricha
10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
The begginning of a new era for FML, watch this space "This will significantly change our production profile in the first half of this year, putting us on track to produce around 10,000 ounces a month in the second half of the calendar year.

RESOURCES UPGRADE AND BUMPER DRILLING RESULTS HIGHLIGHT STRONG PRODUCTION OUTLOOK FOR FOCUS

• Gold resources at Countess deposit increase 43% to 71,000oz, taking total underground resources at Tindals Mining Centre to 383,000oz
• Upgrade underpinned by recent high-grade results at Countess including 7.3m at 12.6gpt, 3.4m at 12.5gpt and 13.4m at 5.8gpt; Ore body remains open at depth
• Results show Tindals Mining Centre will continue to be strong long-term cash generator
Gold producer Focus Minerals (ASX: FML) is pleased to advise that the strong production outlook for its Tindals Mining Centre in Coolgardie, WA has been highlighted by more high-grade drilling results and a subsequent 43 per cent increase in gold resources to 71,000 ounces at Tindals’ Countess deposit.
The upgrade takes total underground resources at Tindals to 383,000 ounces (2.6Mt @ 4.5g/t).
High-grade intersections returned at Countess included 7.3m @ 12.6g/t Au, 3.4m @ 12.5g/t and 13.4m @ 5.8g/t with mineralisation appearing to be a consistent thickness and grade over a strike length of more than 100m and remaining open at depth (see figure 1).
Tindals is the engine room of Focus’ cash flow generation, recording a 37 per cent increase in gold production to 21,039oz in the December quarter.
Focus Chief Executive Campbell Baird said the results pointed to a strong future for the Tindals Underground Mine, which has been funding Focus’ wider mine development strategy.
"Tindals continues to deliver solid grades from multiple ore bodies as we have ramped up production," Mr Baird said.
"The cash generated by Tindals has enabled Focus to pursue an aggressive mine development program that will see the Company open two new mines over the next three months.
"This will significantly change our production profile in the first half of this year, putting us on track to produce around 10,000 ounces a month in the second half of the calendar year.
"With three mines, a 2 million-ounce plus resource Inventory and immense exploration upside, Focus is superbly placed to take full advantage of its strong growth prospects."
Page 2
Figure 1. Countess Simplified long section
ENDS
Paul Armstrong / Nicholas Read Campbell Baird, CEO
Read Corporate Focus Minerals Ltd
Phone: +61 (0)8 9388 1474 Phone: +61 (0)8 9215 7888

tricha
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
The beginning of something great, u need to have been to Kal to appreciate this one.

http://www.brr.com.au/event/74882/focus-announce-interim-profit-of-62-million-for-the-first-half-of-the-year-mr-campbell-baird-ceo

tricha
14-02-2011, 10:57 PM
The beginning of something great, u need to have been to Kal to appreciate this one.

http://www.brr.com.au/event/74882/focus-announce-interim-profit-of-62-million-for-the-first-half-of-the-year-mr-campbell-baird-ceo

I am wondering who bought today, they bought, they waited and then bought and this scenaro repeated.
Man this goose is starting to lay, a one bagger in the making on now, for the future maybe a ten bagger, those last drilling intercepts are out there and I believe very real.
Not like most Goldies, phoney.

FMLFocus Minerals LTD FPOhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/australia.gifhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/chart/stockness/intra/delayed/ASX/FML
Buy 6

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/arrow_up.gifLast
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/green_round_small.gif 0.6 10.9%
4:10 pm
High 6.1
Open 5.7
Volume 66,565,549

Sell
Low 5.6
Prev. Close 5.5
Turnover $3,946,664

COLIN
14-02-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm with you here, Tricha. At least for the time being.

Phaedrus
15-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Over the last couple of years the FML goose has laid just 3 eggs. These events did not go unmarked because geese are incapable of laying without signalling the event. Eggs should come as no surprise to the alert observer.

Cackle 1 was marked by a break above previous resistance and an OBV breakout.
Cackle 2 was marked by a trendline break, a bullish RSI divergence and an OBV trendline break.
Cackle 3 was marked by a break above previous resistance and an OBV breakout.

Geese are of course naturally inclined to cackling, but what we are watching for is an obviously increased noise level, well above the average. Technically, this is known as Volume confirmation. You can see that each of these cackles was accompanied by a marked increase in volume - they were all loud, clear cackles. These confirmatory signals are marked on the chart below by blue arrows.

Be aware of market forces though and don't forget that no egg lasts forever - the idea is to sell them before they go off and no-one else wants them. There is no point in hanging on to eggs when/if their value is falling!

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/fml215.gif

COLIN
15-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks, Phaedrus, and I will try and avoid getting egg on my face!

drillfix
15-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Phaedrus, and I will try and avoid getting egg on my face!

Especially that goose egg Colin, that is the worst of all egg :P

tricha
15-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Over the last couple of years the FML goose has laid just 3 eggs. These events did not go unmarked because geese are incapable of laying without signalling the event. Eggs should come as no surprise to the alert observer.

Cackle 1 was marked by a break above previous resistance and an OBV breakout.
Cackle 2 was marked by a trendline break, a bullish RSI divergence and an OBV trendline break.
Cackle 3 was marked by a break above previous resistance and an OBV breakout.

Geese are of course naturally inclined to cackling, but what we are watching for is an obviously increased noise level, well above the average. Technically, this is known as Volume confirmation. You can see that each of these cackles was accompanied by a marked increase in volume - they were all loud, clear cackles. These confirmatory signals are marked on the chart below by blue arrows.

Be aware of market forces though and don't forget that no egg lasts forever - the idea is to sell them before they go off and no-one else wants them. There is no point in hanging on to eggs when/if their value is falling!

Very good point of view Phaedrus, but unless gold tanks ?????, this company has gone from a gambling stock to a fully fledged profitable producing gold miner with no debt.
That was before this announcement, which if u understand it and you know a little about Coolgardie, the potential is in the billions.
Now if you did a little reading u would know takeovers are back in. There are some cashed up mining companies that would be starting to notice this Golden Goose. IGO are taking out JML, PAN are buying a gold mine and this is happening around Kalgoorlie.

Now if I was was to sell and take this small profit, I might truely be goosed. :scared:

On to this report.

1 - The intercepts were outstanding, production is going to increase.

2 - Intercepts of this nature will also lower costs.

3 - Ore bodies remain open, much more gold to find and maybe even higher grades as we go deeper.

4 - two new mines being opened.

5 - On track for 10,000 ounces a month. Thats 120,000 ounces a year.

RESOURCES UPGRADE AND BUMPER DRILLING RESULTS HIGHLIGHT STRONG PRODUCTION OUTLOOK FOR FOCUS
• Gold resources at Countess deposit increase 43% to 71,000oz, taking total underground resources at Tindals Mining Centre to 383,000oz
• Upgrade underpinned by recent high-grade results at Countess including 7.3m at 12.6gpt, 3.4m at 12.5gpt and 13.4m at 5.8gpt; Ore body remains open at depth
• Results show Tindals Mining Centre will continue to be strong long-term cash generator
Gold producer Focus Minerals (ASX: FML) is pleased to advise that the strong production outlook for its Tindals Mining Centre in Coolgardie, WA has been highlighted by more high-grade drilling results and a subsequent 43 per cent increase in gold resources to 71,000 ounces at Tindals’ Countess deposit.
The upgrade takes total underground resources at Tindals to 383,000 ounces (2.6Mt @ 4.5g/t).
High-grade intersections returned at Countess included 7.3m @ 12.6g/t Au, 3.4m @ 12.5g/t and 13.4m @ 5.8g/t with mineralisation appearing to be a consistent thickness and grade over a strike length of more than 100m and remaining open at depth (see figure 1).
Tindals is the engine room of Focus’ cash flow generation, recording a 37 per cent increase in gold production to 21,039oz in the December quarter.
Focus Chief Executive Campbell Baird said the results pointed to a strong future for the Tindals Underground Mine, which has been funding Focus’ wider mine development strategy.
"Tindals continues to deliver solid grades from multiple ore bodies as we have ramped up production," Mr Baird said.
"The cash generated by Tindals has enabled Focus to pursue an aggressive mine development program that will see the Company open two new mines over the next three months.
"This will significantly change our production profile in the first half of this year, putting us on track to produce around 10,000 ounces a month in the second half of the calendar year.
"With three mines, a 2 million-ounce plus resource Inventory and immense exploration upside, Focus is superbly placed to take full advantage of its strong growth prospects."
Page 2
Figure 1. Countess Simplified long section
ENDS

fihr
28-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Does anyone have any idea what is going on with FML today? It has shot up to .073 today so far, on strong volume. But there is no news I can see.

Phaedrus
28-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Eggs should come as no surprise to the alert observer.FML was cackling weeks ago..........

fihr
28-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Well this one is really illustrating your point since Cackle 3.

Phaedrus
28-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Cackles 1 and 2 resulted in quite good eggs as well.

tricha
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Does anyone have any idea what is going on with FML today? It has shot up to .073 today so far, on strong volume. But there is no news I can see.

The news Fihr was posted some time ago, it was posted here on the 15th Feb.

Mr Market took quite some time to take it in.
Right now they are focused on spending a million a month on drilling, expect the next results out soon and it is exciting times.

immense exploration upside, immense exploration upside, immense exploration upside,

Remember these Golden words ;)

fihr
02-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Well, finally yesterday we saw the announcement that must have been behind the most recent activity...

"ASX ANNOUNCEMENT
01 March 2011
HIGH-GRADE RESULTS POINT TO MORE OPEN PIT
RESOURCES AT TINDALS
Drilling results at Undaunted prospect include 21m at 5.8g/t and 15m at 3g/t
Results highlight potential for Undaunted to further increase
Focus' growing
pipeline of open pits for future development
Initial open pits at Tindals on track to start production in April 2011

..."

(A little of that exploration upside I guess.)

And ATN has been doing the same thing. Significant volume and price jump - now they are in a trading halt pending an announcement.

tricha
02-03-2011, 08:21 PM
The news Fihr was posted some time ago, it was posted here on the 15th Feb.

Mr Market took quite some time to take it in.
Right now they are focused on spending a million a month on drilling, expect the next results out soon and it is exciting times.

immense exploration upside, immense exploration upside, immense exploration upside,

Remember these Golden words ;)

And also know, these words are not mine, look closely.
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=528438

But these ones are, " The next Superpit "

tricha
04-03-2011, 12:26 PM
This could be bigger than Coolgardie and why no one has taken them out is beyond me, have a close look at the treasure map, The Boulder \ Lefroy fault line. Too many great mines to name.
Potential value of Focus, Billions!

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=531996
ASX ANNOUNCEMENT 4 March 2011

FOCUS ACQUIRES REMAINING STAKE IN TREASURE ISLAND GOLD PROJECT
- 20-hole drilling programme commences this weekend -
- Discovers extension to high-grade vein system on Island -
Gold producer Focus Minerals (ASX:FML) is pleased to advise that it has agreed to acquire the remaining 25 per cent of the Treasure Island Gold Project in WA’s Eastern Goldfields, giving it 100 per cent ownership of the highly prospective tenement.
As consideration, Focus will grant to the vendors, Semro Pty Ltd, five million fully paid Focus shares and $2 million in cash payable in $80,000 instalments over 25 months.
Semro has also granted Focus an option to acquire an adjoining tenement totalling some 110sqkm immediately to the east.
Under the terms of the option, Focus will grant Semro one million fully paid Focus shares and on exercising the option it will issue Semro a further 15 million Focus options in return for 100 per cent ownership of the adjoining tenement. The options will be issued in three tranches, with the first exercisable at 10 cents within two years, the second at 15 cents within three years and the third at 20 cents within four years.
The Treasure Island Gold Project is situated at Lake Cowan, located 35km south-south east along strike from the major gold camp of Kambalda-St Ives (see Figure 1).
Drilling at Treasure Island is set to start this weekend, with a 2500m program of up to 20 holes designed to target the Black Dog and Blind Pew vein systems, which are believed to extend under the lake (see Figure 2).
Detailed rock chip sampling from the Black Dog vein system on the eastern edge of the island has returned grades including 58.9gpt, 48.4gpt, 41.3gpt and 17.9gpt. The samples were collected along a 200m strike length and over a total vein array width of 30m (see ASX announcement dated November 25, 2010).
In recent weeks further mapping by Focus has discovered an extension to the Black Dog vein system which was previously obscured from view (see Figures 3 & 4). The latest rock chip sampling on the system has returned yet further high-grade results including 53.7gpt, 34.8gpt and 22.8gpt (see Table 1).
ENDS
Page 2 of 5
Option to acquire
Figure 1: Location of the Treasure Island Gold Project on the Boulder Lefroy Fault

tricha
04-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Time to take profit today, sold 400,000 and will let the other 400,000 shares ride.

FMLFocus Minerals LTD FPOhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/australia.gif http://www.stocknessmonster.com/chart/stockness/hist2/ASX/FML/1m/line/30/0/

tricha
16-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Dam, missed a golden opportunity today at 7.1 cents to go back up to 800,000 shares :mad ;:

FOCUS PRODUCTION SET FOR SIGNIFICANT BOOST AS MINING STARTS AT THE MOUNT
New high-grade underground mine expected to add
40-60,000oz a year and help reduce costs further

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=533661

tricha
20-03-2011, 01:10 PM
This is an example of change and why looking back over historical graphs mean absolutely nothing to Focus going forward.
This company is now the real deal, a gold producer, which is going to go forward in leaps and bounds.
We should be close to more drilling results.

Focus Minerals Limited
Aggressively Expanding into a Rising Gold Price
CAMPBELL BAIRD: CHIEF EXECUTIVE

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=533821

Phaedrus
20-03-2011, 02:22 PM
This is an example of change and why looking back over historical graphs mean absolutely nothing to Focus going forward.Quite the contrary! FML charts have identified excellent entry points into this stock. (See Post #32, Page 3 of this thread.)

Tricha, 10 years ago people were buying FML on the basis of "Focus going forward". The share price is now lower than it was way back then! Mugs eh?

tricha
20-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Quite the contrary! FML charts have identified excellent entry points into this stock. (See Post #32, Page 3 of this thread.)

Tricha, 10 years ago people were buying FML on the basis of "Focus going forward". The share price is now lower than it was way back then! Mugs eh?

Mugs, hmm, does not matter.

What matters is now and going foward,
Focus on the now and not the past Phaedrus, u need to read in depth all about Focus, it's all about change.
Focus is now a mining company, not an exploration company.

I lived just down the road from them, so I know a little bit about them and mining.

I have recently recieved a report from a mate and if anyone would like a read, please email your address.

The only thing stopping Focus going off will be a mine collpase or gold crashing.
I'm banking on another 100%

soulman
21-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I am not sure anyone realise this but Phaedrus never show boating. When he first see the 3rd FML cackle, FML closed at 6.1 cents on the 14th Feb. He posted it on sharetrader.

Don't you think he bought some? or even a massive load? Think for yourself.

tricha
05-04-2011, 10:53 PM
I am not sure anyone realise this but Phaedrus never show boating. When he first see the 3rd FML cackle, FML closed at 6.1 cents on the 14th Feb. He posted it on sharetrader.

Don't you think he bought some? or even a massive load? Think for yourself.

Oh Phaedrus never shows, because he never admits to making a mistake. " Mr Perfect" or " Mr untouchable" but he just screwed up big time on his sell everything and buynow, all a little to late.:mad ;:

Except for people like me, who buy in downtrends and make mistakes, not this time though.

Anyway getting back into Focus, all will be revealed 2morrow regarding the trading halt and capital raising.
Hmm, I am glad I sold half, a capital raising is not a good sign.:t_down:

tricha
10-10-2011, 12:28 PM
These are the results needed to get some momentum going. I bought another 150,000 shares today, the results are real.
Not like some companies I see.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=560531High-Grade Drill Results
High grade intercepts at the Perseverance North deposit include (Table 1):
• 6m @ 20.2g/t
• 2.4m @ 16.3g/t
• 2.8m@ 10.8g/t; and
• 2.7m @ 10.0g/t
High-grade intercepts in the diorites include (Table 1):
• 16.9m @ 16.0g/t;
• 6.1m @ 7.0g/t;
• 3m @ 12.4g/t; and
• 9m @ 3.5g/t

soulman
24-12-2012, 03:24 PM
With the injection of $225 mil cash from a chinese coy at 5 cents and FML at 3 cents, I got some FML this morning. Kind of like their ASX code as well.

I did well with FML a couple of years ago.....

soulman
16-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Re-bought FML back at 1.9 and watched it plummet yesterday and today.

Currently at 1.7, trading below cash backing, with two processing plant worth and 4 mil ounces of gold. Obviously burning cash and unprofitable, but is there any value in FML?

China's Shandong owns 50% bought at 5 cents.

FML and RMS represent some value while the rest is still overvalued with SLR and NST leading the pack.

macduffy
01-05-2013, 12:54 PM
High cost, low grade operations continue to feel the pinch. FML to cease operations at its Laverton site.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130430/pdf/42fld58sl6msrf.pdf

soulman
01-05-2013, 05:33 PM
High cost, low grade operations continue to feel the pinch. FML to cease operations at its Laverton site.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130430/pdf/42fld58sl6msrf.pdf

What an interesting scenario. All gold miner are operating at a loss probably based on the cost of labour, not the drop in gold prices. Certain execs are paying themselves golden salary to live their dream and also to pay for their kids private education. The old accounting theory, opportunistic behaviour, get as much money as you can, screwed the shareholders and if the coy go broke, apply for a new job.

We got miners here throwing money at James Packer in the casino like no tomorrow, holidays, drugs and prostitutes. Earn plenty, spend plenty is their mentality. No savings needed for these 20 something.

Work productivity in Australia must be at an all time low.

FML holds plenty of cash due to Shangdong investment at 5 cents. Takeover premium are not factored in FML. Still trading at cash. So no price given for their two processing plant valued at millions of dollar.

Although when you are trading at losses, who is going to get excited about their future.

macduffy
01-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Yes, it's certainly interesting!

Agree that it's more the costs of mining, labour particularly, that is putting the squeeze on goldies, rather than the drop in gold prices, but I doubt that all are operating at a loss. Now seems to be the time to identify those that have their costs down in the bottom quartile, with several years reserves in hand. Then wait for the inevitable rebound before buying!

NST is a possible. Any others?

macduffy
15-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Straight talking from FML's chairman. From The Australian:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/treasury/resources-boom-is-truly-over-says-focus-minerals-chair-don-taig/story-fnhi8df6-1226642524237