PDA

View Full Version : Oceana Gold (OGC)

jeremyhowell
05-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Planning to buy long Oceana Gold shares. Thoughts on this appreciated.

GR8DAY
05-08-2010, 11:45 AM
......better get in quickly m8 wud be my advice! about to take off again me thinks.......long,short,fat or skinny, ...... however you can get them !!

trackers
05-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Sounds like you've already made up your mind? :)

As the guys on the NZX have shown, OGC very closely follows the gold price... This may in part be because they have reduced their hedging to zero and are the third largest unhedged gold producer on the ASX (with the top two set to merge).

So my question obviously is, do you think gold is going up in AUD$ from here??

OGC is technically not a buy yet, but it is close...

jeremyhowell
05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the replys. Actually I have not made up my mind yet, according to the MACD, they could still possibly fall more?

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=OGC&exchange=ASX&period=2Y&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=LINE&compi=&ma1=&ma2=&bb=&ind=MACD&ra=2

Not sure whether I should buy shares or CFDs, this is what I really need some advice on, is it likely that they will go up any time soon, or will it really be a long term investment?

Jay
05-08-2010, 01:30 PM
jh - do a sesrch on this forum, there is already a OGC thread and one about CFD's

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?7647-OceanaGold-good-news-from-the-mine/page17 (OGC)

GR8DAY
05-08-2010, 01:53 PM
......just go with the GP m8........if you think it's about to firm (as appears the case now) then jump in or miss out. These can be dangerous and profitable stocks as we all know. The indicators are saying GP has bottomed for now so the opportunity is still there to buy OGC and others but as Trackers rightfully points out these UNHEDGED miners are the ones that will benefit the most on a rising GP.

trackers
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Trading halt: Insto cap raising