PDA

View Full Version : Your highest conviction shares?

h2so4
14-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Hi folks.
What are your highest conviction shares?
By that I mean what shares would you buy more of if the price went lower?

Don't worry nothing bads going to happen. Pheadrus and his army are not going to jump through your monitor and lambaste you with their Cobray Streetsweepers. :eek2:

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?2923-PGG-Wrightson-(-PGW-)/page91

My shares are listed below but my highest conviction would be REH and my second would be WES, even though I do not own any I would be happy to buy if the price was lower.

Penfold
14-08-2010, 09:50 AM
I'll stick my neck out first...

QBE, FPH and RYM. All companies to take on with a long term view. Better put CFE in the mixt to, because I did actually buy more when it fell. Wouldn't rate CFE as a long term hold however.

gazprom1
14-08-2010, 12:00 PM
H2so4,

Most of my shares are conviction shares. Top of my conviction list is CVN, TAP, MAK(?), VPE and CFE. Agree with Penfold that CFE would not be a long term hold.

airedale
14-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I have to rate ITC..Director E.Smith recently bought more. A piddling 500,000 for around $25,000 to add to his pile of millions. Why would he bother....my guess is that he hopes to double his money in a short time, and another $25,000 would always be handy.

Discl: holding ITC: but dyor

shasta
15-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi folks.
What are your highest conviction shares?
By that I mean what shares would you buy more of if the price went lower?

Don't worry nothing bads going to happen. Pheadrus and his army are not going to jump through your monitor and lambaste you with their Cobray Streetsweepers. :eek2:

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?2923-PGG-Wrightson-(-PGW-)/page91

My shares are listed below but my highest conviction would be REH and my second would be WES, even though I do not own any I would be happy to buy if the price was lower.

Won't be much of a surprise to most but... OEL

Oil revenue in the phillipines, gas revenue in turkey, no debt, plenty of cash, not much of a drilling campaign over next 12 months, with the exception of Galoc phase 2 to boost production (currently @ ~8,600bopd, net ~1600bopd to OEL), plus some gas wells in Turkey.

BHP has funded over $20m to currently do 3D seismic testing over some prospective deep water leads, so there a chance of a deal pending?

OEL has 2 major shareholders & have always been able to raise cash without any problems, so another acquistion is a possibility, same sort of deal as purchasing indirectly into the Galoc oil field thru Galoc Production Company ("GPC")

OEL's share price pretty much follows the Brent oil price, so if PoO stays largely in the $US70-80/bbl range they will have nice cashflows each quarter, & will be a steady as she goes O&G play.

OEL aren't as active as other O&G companies over the next 6 - 12 months & for that reason the share price won't take off unless a major (BHP?)wants a farm in agreement, or Galoc phase 2 comes online to boost production & revenue.

Another share to watch/accummulate is EDE - there Hythane pilot projects in India & the US could be huge in a few years...

tricha
15-08-2010, 10:53 PM
go figure !

Financial

Underlying net profit after tax for the year ended 30 June 2010 is expected to be between $30 million and $40 million.
Cash reserves rose to $170 million at the end of the quarter.
Partially franked interim dividend of 0.75 cents per share paid.
$43 million receivable from Arrow Energy Limited following shareholder approval of Shell-Petrochina takeover offer.

macduffy
16-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Have to hand it to you for persistence, tricha!

But BPT still finding it hard to convince the market to break that sideways SP channel.

I continue to watch - but without conviction.

elZorro
16-08-2010, 08:56 AM
My conviction is OGC, it's a share, but heavily leveraged towards an increasing gold price. I am in awe of this company, and like many goldminers they are recovering quickly from a hammering in 2008, one that was not justified. OGC has other good attributes: most income and exploration effort is spent in NZ, they are finding large pockets of new gold, they are recently unhedged, and they are undervalued by the market.

tricha
16-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Have to hand it to you for persistence, tricha!

But BPT still finding it hard to convince the market to break that sideways SP channel.

I continue to watch - but without conviction.

I have conviction, the numbers keep going up

Cash reserves rose to $170 million at the end of the quarter. and no debt. and the price keeps going down, I guess I will buy more

trackers
17-08-2010, 08:44 PM
For me its AVB, a micro-cap copper/gold/iron coy operating in Brazil.

Great copper found at Rio Verde, today a surprise announcement re more copper and gold just up the road at Serra Verde, and today they've also confirmed they have a shortlist of JV partners to farm in to their iron ore deposits at Trindade North property - It borders Vales Carajas mine which is the biggest high grade iron ore mine in the world.

SP at the moment is 2.1c, there will be some decent resistance until it goes through 2.5c (at which it did a recent cap raising).

They're currently waiting on further results out of Rio Verde

h2so4
18-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Here is a new one FGE. A lot of people here are on it.

Excellent result. Even if growth slows to 9% there is still huge DCF's. At todays price that still leaves a good margin of safety.

Stranger_Danger
18-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Am I allowed to say cash?

Other than that, CLH would be up there, as would MSFT.

h2so4
18-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Am I allowed to say cash?

Other than that, CLH would be up there, as would MSFT.

CASH.................I haven't seen that ticker for a while, I better look into it.:)