PDA

View Full Version : CDU on Hotcopper forum

LeBOJ
18-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Has anyone been following this tale? Quite a good story developing around forum comments.

Apparently CDU is taking legal action against the Australian Hotcopper forum and 2 posters. This has led to Hotcopper shutting down all CDU threads. All forum posters should be following the outcome closely!

LeBOJ

Lizard
18-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Didn't something similar happen with SLA on one of the forums a year or so back? Can't recall details.

trackers
18-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Didn't something similar happen with SLA on one of the forums a year or so back? Can't recall details.

Yeah this isn't the first time this has happened. Sounds like overkill to me as a first impression, but will be interesting to see who's behind the comments and what the motivation is/was.

I'm more interested in CDU's reserve announcement to be honest, they're currently in a TH :)

percy
18-08-2010, 11:46 AM

I also think the same thing is happening in UK where posters rubbished a small oil company.I do think if we are honest in our views we should not have anything to fear.

LeBOJ
18-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Trackers, I think the reserve announcement is coming out right now . . . very excited!

LeBOJ
18-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I think the legal action may cease, with it originally being only a ploy. The media coverage it got is way more than CDU have had in ages. Perfect lead-in to a big announcement!

LeBOJ
18-08-2010, 12:44 PM
The ASX is taking an age to release the announcement. It's such a bad look for them, being so inconsistent.

LeBOJ
18-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Resource not quite up to expectation, but maybe that was the problem, forum expectations were too high? Still very good numbers.