PDA

View Full Version : Takeover bids

Guild
21-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi have been reading posts for about a year now. Like reading the threads have taken some good advice and probably some not so good advice and also learning more about my own judgment.
Would like some help re takeover bids. Hold some Affco and NZ Farming.
I kind of like the thought of Talley's taking over Affco, and wouldn't mind still holding onto these shares if there is any point.
Can somebody please advise me what happens at the end of a share purchase takeover.
If I choose not to sell, can my shares become worthless, or they are still tradeable.
Is there are a chance that there may be a compulsory purchase.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Guild

percy
22-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Hi have been reading posts for about a year now. Like reading the threads have taken some good advice and probably some not so good advice and also learning more about my own judgment.
Would like some help re takeover bids. Hold some Affco and NZ Farming.
I kind of like the thought of Talley's taking over Affco, and wouldn't mind still holding onto these shares if there is any point.
Can somebody please advise me what happens at the end of a share purchase takeover.
If I choose not to sell, can my shares become worthless, or they are still tradeable.
Is there are a chance that there may be a compulsory purchase.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Guild

You are always best to leave the decision to accepting or not accepting a takeover bid until the latest you can.You do not have to accept a bid.Should the bidder get over 90% of the company then they can compulsory buy your shares if they want to.My own very personnel view.Affco I think Talley's are great business operators and I would hang on until taken out.NZS I hold a few shares and do not intend selling.Both bidders here know the story is good.Only problem is more money is needed to develope the extra farms.Who ever wins,or what ever there will be a cash issue.So problem fixed.Sorry, to answer your most important question.No.Your shares will not become worthless.Until compulsory takeover your Affco will stay listed.NZS Both parties have said they want the shares to stay listed .So if listed they are tradable.

Guild
22-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks Percy appreciate the advice.
Also since writing my post have collected the mail with the info from Affco. At this stage I will hold on to both lots.