PDA

View Full Version : RMS Ramelius Resources - pure AUS gold miner

Jess9
28-08-2010, 02:23 PM
UPDATE (to what posted 2 weeks ago - below the line)...

RMS is now 62.5c (2 weeks later and after hitting a high of 69). Trading volumes also continue to rise. This is a safe multi-bagger - uncommon to include both those words together : )

May try and get a few more, around 60c and if possible next week.

Since last fortnight RMS has had several positive broker recommendations released.

It is just announced/starting a 3-4 month MASSIVE drill program, all funded from operational gold sales...they are creaming about $8m AUS a month!!

The drill program will add to the 3.5m total reserve and resource they currently have and are mining.

RMS.AU - pure Ozzy gold miner - a good read over for the weekend.

-----------------
Ramelius Resources - Gold Miner:

No debt.

Newish operating miner, no hedging and getting in earning loads of cash right now.

High grade mine.

Mill etc paid for and in place.

Gold price over $1225 and climbing @ 17/8/10

... safe as can be, in the current winds.

New resource and reserves and mill facility added from recent Mt Magnet takeover (cost approx $40M paid with operating cash)

Lots of drilling, underway, planned and best of all fully funded from operating sales.

Low shares on issue.

Cap return of 5c per share paid on 20/8 (total of around $15m, again paid out from operating cash) - some holders very likely to buy back in.

Charts look very good.

Close today 51c Aus.

Acreage sits next to Silver Lake Resources SLR a similar coy but somewhat ahead (was approx. 20c now $2+ish share).

http://www.rameliusresources.com.au/

Disc, hold a small parcel as of today.

kenbeth
28-08-2010, 02:43 PM
yes agree with you have held for a while and topped up last week , very hard to find any fault with the company except the capital return which would have been better done as a dividend payment,plenty upside to come with drilling and exploration the finding of ore extensions at depth at wattle dam have cemented the company as a long term player with a bright future.

macduffy
28-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm always keen to have a look at a goldie, particularly a producer!

Just to clarify, Jess, at which point do you consider RMS to be a "safe multi bagger"? Now, at about 62c? or before the recent strong rise?

If the former, I wouldn't be messing about trying to get them at 60c but would be taking as many as I could afford at current prices.

Jess9
28-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi MD.

I suggest a look over RMS this weekend. In particular the last quarters announcements.

Also, if you have access the recent reports and concluding buy recommendations.

Compare with others and see if you agree... imo with achieving what they plan 2-3$ plus in say 4-8 months is very very achievable.

RMS is definitely NO penny dreadful : )

Hi kenbeth.

Good call mate.

Where do you see RMS at in say 6 months?

Another update: The recent (and good/buy) pay reports are from Eureka and Small Cap Investigator

kenbeth
28-08-2010, 07:40 PM
i believe it should be over $1 but am wary of the present economic conditions if things fall of the edge... RMS will get dragged down as will all other gold producers .. this is a very high possibility .then will be a chance to buy good quality gold producers cheaply ...because there will be only one direction they will go next..
if the gold price stays >1100 RMS should keep trending up..
TRY is another of my gold stocks brought a few more on friday at 2.56 , getting ready for sept gold pour etc..

Jess9
28-08-2010, 09:10 PM
GFC2 is a worry but fed today said they would pull all stops to keep US from tanking again. Could be low i rates and more printing for as long as needed. This "plasification" could prevent any big dip and also set gold of again. RMS looks good to me either way with all that cash continuing to pour in. Just need to wait and enjoy being in on the right trend next ; )

macduffy
29-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I've had a quick and dirty look at RMS and generally like what I saw.

A couple of observations.

Company is currently very profitable from its production from Wattle Dam but this is only a fraction of potential output, containing current resources of 131,000 oz. The real game is in the potential of Mt Magnet which has resources of 3.3m oz with more drilling scheduled to commence next month and a decision to mine expected before mid 2011.

By the company's own "admission" - slide 6 of presentation of 16 August - RMS is currently comparatively expensive on an EV to resource oz basis without Mt Magnet but becomes an absolute steal when Mt Magnet is added to the equation. Provided it produces, of course.

Noticeable that the SP ran up strongly about the time of the 16 August presentation and has dropped back a bit in the last day or so. I think I'd be watching to see if the uptrend continues - I'd be wanting to see this re-establish before buying a few.

The last broker research on RMS' website is Bell Potter's of 23 July 2009. Do you have any links to anything more recent, Jess?

Jess9
29-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Sorry MD pay only as advised above. I don't have access. Discussion on content however - good on HC. Helping with volume. Drill results from here to xmas the production sales will be the reason for $1 plus next.

update: Looking at the chart. I would see support at 55-60c. I'll buy another 40% at 59.5c if market ebb flows there.

kenbeth
01-09-2010, 10:38 AM
has not quite closed the gap but reading the report a rosy future is likely for this stock and the gap will be left behind
strange not much interest in this forum with this stock
59.5 might not be reached jesse
macduffy i think the report answer's the question ...now...

Jess9
01-09-2010, 12:10 PM
stumped up at 62c yesterday for my final parcel sought. Happy to wait now.

3 Sept 10 Chart Update:

Charts looking good to me here.

OBV very good

2 year down trend clearly broken around 50c

Daily trading volume has kicked up a gear.

69-70 looks to be next remaining resistance level - it marks the last attempt to move forward (after previous down trend) in April 08.

Early 60's look to be a level of good support also has this is above more recent tops.

Any thoughts from more experienced minds?

Phaedrus
05-09-2010, 11:34 AM
You seem to have covered most of the bases, Jess.
The RMS chart does offer some excellent examples of the 3 classes of divergences, as marked here.

The OBV has performed well, yet again triggering buy/sell signals quite some time ahead of their associated price trendline breaks, as marked by green arrow Buy signals and red arrow Sell signals. You could be forgiven for thinking that it is my favourite leading indicator!

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/RMS95.gif

Jess9
05-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Mine too (obv) and thanks to following a number of your excellent posts. Always informative and often entertaining! I'm curious about these class divergences. Any helpful links spring to mind to read more?

Many thanks for this input.

Now with rms, have to master my own trading emotions...patience being the required self discipline.

Jess9
06-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Having a crack at that resistance point today. Up about 9% on reasonable volume.

Jess9
07-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Breached on 6/10/10 with a solid close at 71c

Jess9
07-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Above was underpinned buy a Director buying on market and good early drill results at depth for Wattle Dam mine. Full report on this drill stage coming end of month which could provide drive for next move forward : )

macduffy
07-09-2010, 08:49 AM
RMS gets a mention here as a possible takeover target as the interest in Aussie goldies heats up.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/opinion/andean-confirms-a-latter-day-gold-grab/story-e6frg9lo-1225915023291

A good pick, Jess!

Jess9
07-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks MD. Still early days for this one. Lots left to run IMO. Takeover is a risk to me as it could go too cheap too soon! Nice to see it hitting radars though.

Jess9
14-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Substantial investor and gold focused investment fund upping their holdings now.

Off she goes again.

Price closed 81.5c.

Peers are currently in the 2-3 aus dollar range.

Lots to go.

I'm in for the ride - but watching the charts, thanks for all the tips over the board Mr P. One top bloke.

Jess9
15-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Gold up $26 / oz over night. RMS will roar again today ; )

This is a $3-4 target now IMO, which could move higher - watch its peers.

lewinsky
15-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi Jess,

The kick up in the gold price should make for an interesting day for RMS. I agree with your earlier posts and believe this has a way to run.
This has also been written up by Diggers and Dealers so getting that backing will also help.
Currently holding OGC,RMS,IGR and AZX.

lewinsky
15-09-2010, 04:39 PM
RMS just hit 90 cents. Maybe some profit taking before the close, but LEW is content to sit at this stage.

Jess9
15-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi lewinski.

Agree go long. lots going on next 3 - 6 months for RMS. ASX looks good and gold price too.

Jess9
18-09-2010, 10:05 PM
posted the following on RMS on HC also...

this just looks like a real get up and go coy...

Results of last 3 drills when stitched together look very impressive to me...

Hole # Length Au grade

WDUD0113 From 147m downhole 8m @ 6.7g/t

WDUD0119 From 195m downhole 15m @ 4.7g/t

WDUD0125 From 141m 6m @ 4.5g/t

WDUD0128 From 139m downhole 3m @ 15.5g/t

WDUD0129 From 155m downhole 8m @ 91.2g/t

Including individual 1m @ 698g/t

WDUD0130 From 155m downhole 4m @ 9.5g/t

WDUD0131 From 159m downhole 15m @ 27.3g/t

Including individual 0.5m @ 718g/t

WDUD0150 From167M down hole 9M @ 18.4g/t

Including individual 2m @ 58.4g/t

WDUD0151 From 169m downhole 13m @ 2.9g/t

WDUD0152 From 143m downhole 38m @ 3.9g/t

Including individual 1m @ 68g/t

WDUD0157 From 166 m downhole 6m @ 5.3g/t

Including individual 1m 23g/t

WDUD0160 From 149m down hole 8m @ 6.6g/t

WDUD0163 From160m downhole 9m @ 5.4g/t

Including individual 1m 19g/t

WDUD0165 From 162m downhole 9m@ 3.3g/t

WDUD0167 From 129m downhole 19m @ 86g/t

Including individual 1m @ 1500g/t

Including individual 1m @ 106g/t

WDUD168 From 175m downhole 17m @ 15.4g/t

Including individual 1m @ 95.3g/t

Including individual 1m @ 20g/t

Including individual 1m @ 25g/t

Including individual 1m @ 19g/t

Including individual 1m @ 95g/t

Including individual 1m @ 21g/t

-------------------------------------------------------

In progress now:

Mt magnet 10,000m rc and dd commenced early sept.

Mt Windsor drilling 2 significant anomalies sept and october – similiar to nearby 3M au oz Mt Leyshon (RMS earning 60% from LTR)

Wattle dam new incline commencing October, will allow for next deep drill stage from carrying on from 300-600m.

Glen Isla 3 RC holes in September (RMS earning 75% from CAP)

Nevada gold project drilling to commence oct. Rock chip samples to date show3m @ 25g/t au with 89g/ag and 1m @ 57g/t. au. RMS to earn 70% from MEU

ColinNz
19-09-2010, 08:18 AM
This Company have been exceeding forecasts big time for the last 6 months following their failed takeover attempt of Dioro. Avoca won that round and left RMS with not only a very large cash pot and no debt but also an ever increasing revenue steam with which to investigate other interesting seams around Aus and US. A 5c capital return a few months ago when the share price was around 50c was a pleasant thank you to shareholders, whilst the results from not only Wattle Dam but also their newer projects suggest continued success for RMS. A nugget of joy!

Jess9
19-09-2010, 10:45 AM
very interesting close also on Friday. Something like 1m appeared suddenly in pre-close and traded through to close at 85c. IMO 85 will mark the low to the recent pullback with the next move through that $1 barrier. Bigger % gains from their for early holders from here up...if one hangs on.

Jess9
20-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Sprott AM buying more shares last week. The reason for the odd close Friday.

Off again next : )

Jess9
22-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi Phaedrus, if you have a moment can you pls take a look at the RMS chart. Does it have the look of a Swiss Stair?

Phaedrus
23-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Call it what you like, Jess - a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet!

If I were in your enviable position, I would be watching the OBV very closely for any sign of significant numbers of punters bailing out. I would ignore the recent RSI "sell" signal (I didn't even mark it on the chart). Uptrending stocks commonly move in and out of the "OverBought" zone (>80) generating many premature "sell" signals in the process.

In the midst of all the action and hype surrounding stocks like this, look how clearly and simply the OBV plot presents the reality of the situation. Note too the accuracy of its previous signals.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/RMS923.gif

Jess9
23-09-2010, 12:13 PM
A big cheers for that. Your input duly noted. OBV it is then. Simple (when it works) is the best.

Jess9
26-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Slow stochastic 5,5 signaled a s/term sell, which proved about right. I see too that it is almost ready to signal a buy now. I continue to hold. Have been watching volumes on the down days. Still lower compared to the up days. My guess is oversold now, and a tue/wed upswing and the quick march up resumes. At a guess I think the next major block maybe around previous all time highs 1.60-1.70. This is also approx 100% of recent buy in level. I note this sell off is approx at 100% gain to recent lows. Maybe this continues with another three distinct legs up till the previous high? Too much guessing, will watch daily closes closely from here. No auto stops.

soulman
27-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Slow stochastic 5,5 signaled a s/term sell, which proved about right. I see too that it is almost ready to signal a buy now. I continue to hold. Have been watching volumes on the down days. Still lower compared to the up days. My guess is oversold now, and a tue/wed upswing and the quick march up resumes. At a guess I think the next major block maybe around previous all time highs 1.60-1.70. This is also approx 100% of recent buy in level. I note this sell off is approx at 100% gain to recent lows. Maybe this continues with another three distinct legs up till the previous high? Too much guessing, will watch daily closes closely from here. No auto stops.

It's as 50/50 as it can be but personally, I am putting up buy orders at 68. The formation of a mountain (TA) is on it's way. Something that has run so hard are bound to do the exact opposite.

Jess9
27-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi soulman. Bought some more today. I think the low is in at last peak, 76 ish. Lets see : )

Jess9
29-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Gold smashed $1,300 over night and is now HOLDING this level at 1308.

Nice timing with RMS chartwise looking like a buy window, as of yesterday's close.

Hang on for next big leg up : )

Jess9
06-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Hi Phaedrus.

Does today's bounce off 75c count ? ... and confirm an uptrend is in place ?

Cheers

Phaedrus
07-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Jess, RMS is in a short-term downtrend. It is making lower lows and lower highs. That "bounce" at 75 cents was just another new (3 week) low. See how all the way up, RMS was making higher highs and higher lows........ and then it wasn't . The uptrend had ended.

So, what to do? Well, the most important thing is to sort yourself out, know exactly what your aims are and what sort of trader you are trying to be. The chart below shows 6 indicators. All gave Buy signals in mid-August. Two of these indicators are suited to very active traders and have signaled an exit and then later triggered re-entry signals. The RVI has triggered an exit, but no re-entry as yet. Then there are the three slow indicators that have not yet triggered any Sell signals. These are suitable for conservative, less active investors that do not like to do a lot of buying and selling.

Me, I'd have sold at 85 cents when the trendline and OBV gave such clear exit signals, and I wouldn't have bought back. Those 2 re-entry signals look pretty weak to me - sure, the trendlines were broken, but only by the price and OBV more or less just crabbing sideways.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/RMS107.gif

Jess9
07-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Cheers. Back to the drawing board re technique. I must also re read those golden rules of investing you posted awhile back...I topped up at 85 then again at 80.5c! I'll ponder that "most important thing". Interesting once again to see that a basic price and OBV trend lines provide good flags to save capital. I guess hoping from up trend to up trend is an obvious winning strategy and not falling for a specific goldilocks : ) Ahhhgg still so much to take in vs understand.

Jess9
14-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Gold up strongly over night...$1,371 AUS / oz. RMS now has 4M oz gold resource and reserves AND technically it showed BUY again for the last few days. I hear there is a resource upgrade (of WD?) coming very shortly too. ALSO lots of activity this quarter underway so more news coming in pipeline from here to xmas. Hold on me thinks ; )

soulman
14-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Yep, on TA, RMS looks good. I didn't like the sell side of RMS near the close, hence bailed today at 85.5. Will look to re-enter in the low 80's. Good luck Jess.

Jess9
14-10-2010, 09:14 PM
cheers soulman. More good grades today and gold carrying on higher. Will stay in anticipation of more to come for RMS.

Jess9
16-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Good call soulman

STRAT
16-10-2010, 11:27 AM
I must also re read those golden rules of investing you posted awhile back....These ones Jess?. I have this pinned on the back of the loo door.

The “Not-So-Simple” (But Really Utterly So) Rules of Trading
The world of investing/treading, even at the very highest levels, where we are supposed to believe that wisdom prevails and profits abound, is littered with the wreckage of wealth that has hit the various myriad rocks that exist just beneath the tranquil surface of the global economy. It matters not what level of supposed wisdom, or education, that the money managers or individuals in question have. We can make a list of wondrously large financial failures that have come to flounder upon these rocks for the very same reasons. Let us, for a bit, have a moment of collective silence for Long Term Capital Management; for Baring’s Brothers; for Sumitomo Copper… and for the tens of thousands of individuals each year who follow their lead into financial oblivion.
I’ve been in the business of trading since the early 1970s as a bank trader, as a member of the Chicago Board of Trade, as a private investor, and as the writer of The Gartman Letter, a daily newsletter I’ve been producing for primarily institutional clientele since the middle 1980s. I’ve survived, but often just barely. I’ve made preposterous errors of judgment. I’ve made wondrously insightful “plays.” I’ve understood, from time to time, basis economic fundamentals that should drive prices–and then don’t. I’ve misunderstood other economic fundamentals that, in retrospect, were 180 degrees out of logic and yet prevailed profitably. I’ve prospered; I’ve almost failed utterly. I’ve won, I’ve lost, and I’ve broken even.
As I get older, and in my mid-50s, having seen so much of the game–for a game it is, with bad players who get lucky; great players who get unlucky; mediocre players who find their slot in the lineup and produce nice, steady results over long periods of time; “streak-y” players who score big for a while and lose big at other times–I have distilled what it is that we do to survive into a series of “Not-So-Simple” Rules of Trading that I try my best to live by every day … every week … every month. When I do stand by my rules, I prosper; when I don’t, I don’t. I am convinced that had Long Term Capital Management not listened to its myriad Nobel Laureates in Economics and had instead followed these rules, it would not only still be extant, it would be enormously larger, preposterously profitable and an example to everyone. I am convinced that had Nick Leeson and Barings Brothers adhered to these rules, Barings too would be alive and functioning. Perhaps the same might even be said for Mr. Hamanaka and Sumitomo Copper.
Now, onto the Rules:
NEVER ADD TO A LOSING POSITION
R U L E # 1
Never, ever, under any circumstance, should one add to a losing position … not EVER!
Averaging down into a losing trade is the only thing that will assuredly take you out of the investment business. This is what took LTCM out. This is what took Barings Brothers out; this is what took Sumitomo Copper out, and this is what takes most losing investors out. The only thing that can happen to you when you average down into a long position (or up into a short position) is that your net worth must decline. Oh, it may turn around eventually and your decision to average down may be proven fortuitous, but for every example of fortune shining we can give an example of fortune turning bleak and deadly.
By contrast, if you buy a stock or a commodity or a currency at progressively higher prices, the only thing that can happen to your net worth is that it shall rise. Eventually, all prices tumble. Eventually, the last position you buy, at progressively higher prices, shall prove to be a loser, and it is at that point that you will have to exit your position. However, as long as you buy at higher prices, the market is telling you that you are correct in your analysis and you should continue to trade accordingly.
R U L E # 2
Never, ever, under any circumstance, should one add to a losing position … not EVER!
We trust our point is made. If “location, location, location” are the first three rules of investing in real estate, then the first two rules of trading equities, debt, commodities, currencies, and so on are these: never add to a losing position.
INVEST ON THE SIDE THAT IS WINNING
R U L E # 3
Learn to trade like a mercenary guerrilla.
The great Jesse Livermore once said that it is not our duty to trade upon the bullish side, nor the bearish side, but upon the winning side. This is brilliance of the first order. We must indeed learn to fight/invest on the winning side, and we must be willing to change sides immediately when one side has gained the upper hand.
Once, when Lord Keynes was appearing at a conference he had spoken to the year previous, at which he had suggested an investment in a particular stock that he was now suggesting should be shorted, a gentleman in the audience took him to task for having changed his view. This gentleman wondered how it was possible that Lord Keynes could shift in this manner and thought that Keynes was a charlatan for having changed his opinion. Lord Keynes responded in a wonderfully prescient manner when he said, “Sir, the facts have changed regarding this company, and when the facts change, I change. What do you do, Sir?” Lord Keynes understood the rationality of trading as a mercenary guerrilla, choosing to invest/fight upon the winning side. When the facts change, we must change. It is illogical to do otherwise.
DON’T HOLD ON TO LOSING POSITIONS
R U L E # 4
Capital is in two varieties: Mental and Real, and, of the two, the mental capital is the most important.
Holding on to losing positions costs real capital as one’s account balance is depleted, but it can exhaust one’s mental capital even more seriously as one holds to the losing trade, becoming more and more fearful with each passing minute, day and week, avoiding potentially profitable trades while one nurtures the losing position.
GO WHERE THE STRENGTH IS
R U L E # 5
The objective of what we are after is not to buy low and to sell high, but to buy high and to sell higher, or to sell short low and to buy lower.
We can never know what price is really “low,” nor what price is really “high.” We can, however, have a modest chance at knowing what the trend is and acting on that trend. We can buy higher and we can sell higher still if the trend is up. Conversely, we can sell short at low prices and we can cover at lower prices if the trend is still down. However, we’ve no idea how high high is, nor how low low is.
Nortel went from approximately the split-adjusted price of $1 share back in the early 1980s, to just under $90/share in early 2000 and back to near $1 share by 2002 (where it has hovered ever since). On the way up, it looked expensive at $20, at $30, at $70, and at $85, and on the way down it may have looked inexpensive at $70, and $30, and $20–and even at $10 and $5. The lesson here is that we really cannot tell what is high and/or what is low, but when the trend becomes established, it can run far farther than the most optimistic or most pessimistic among us can foresee.
R U L E # 6
Sell markets that show the greatest weakness; buy markets that show the greatest strength.
Metaphorically, when bearish we need to throw our rocks into the wettest paper sack for it will break the most readily, while in bull markets we need to ride the strongest wind for it shall carry us farther than others.
Those in the women’s apparel business understand this rule better than others, for when they carry an inventory of various dresses and designers they watch which designer’s work moves off the shelf most readily and which do not. They instinctively mark down the work of those designers who sell poorly, recovering what capital then can as swiftly as they can, and use that capital to buy more works by the successful designer. To do otherwise is counterintuitive. They instinctively buy the “strongest” designers and sell the “weakest.” Investors in stocks all too often and by contrast, watch their portfolio shift over time and sell out the best stocks, often deploying this capital into the shares that have lagged. They are, in essence, selling the best designers while buying more of the worst. A clothing shop owner would never do this; stock investors do it all the time and think they are wise for doing so!
MAKING “LOGICAL” PLAYS IS COSTLY
R U L E # 7
In a Bull Market we can only be long or neutral; in a bear market we can only be bearish or neutral.
Rule 6 addresses what might seem like a logical play: selling out of a long position after a sharp rush higher or covering a short position after a sharp break lower–and then trying to play the market from the other direction, hoping to profit from the supposedly inevitable correction, only to see the market continue on in the original direction that we had gotten ourselves exposed to. At this point, we are not only losing real capital, we are losing mental capital at an explosive rate, and we are bound to make more and more errors of judgment along the way.
Actually, in a bull market we can be neutral, modestly long, or aggressively long–getting into the last position after a protracted bull run into which we’ve added to our winning position all along the way. Conversely, in a bear market we can be neutral, modestly short, or aggressively short, but never, ever can we–or should we–be the opposite way even so slightly.
Many years ago I was standing on the top step of the CBOT bond-trading pit with an old friend Bradley Rotter, looking down into the tumult below in awe. When asked what he thought, Brad replied, “I’m flat … and I’m nervous.” That, we think, says it all…that the markets are often so terrifying that no position is a position of consequence.
R U L E # 8
“Markets can remain illogical far longer than you or I can remain solvent.”
I understand that it was Lord Keynes who said this first, but the first time I heard it was one morning many years ago when talking with a very good friend, and mentor, Dr. A. Gary Shilling, as he worried over a position in U.S. debt that was going against him and seemed to go against the most obvious economic fundamentals at the time. Worried about his losing position and obviously dismayed by it, Gary said over the phone, “Dennis, the markets are illogical at times, and they can remain illogical far longer than you or I can remain solvent.” The University of Chicago “boys” have argued for decades that the markets are rational, but we in the markets every day know otherwise. We must learn to accept that irrationality, deal with it, and move on. There is not much else one can say. (Dr. Shilling’s position shortly thereafter proved to have been wise and profitable, but not before further “mental” capital was expended.)
R U L E # 9
Trading runs in cycles; some are good, some are bad, and there is nothing we can do about that other than accept it and act accordingly.
The academics will never understand this, but those of us who trade for a living know that there are times when every trade we make (even the errors) is profitable and there is nothing we can do to change that. Conversely, there are times that no matter what we do–no matter how wise and considered are our insights; no matter how sophisticated our analysis–our trades will surrender nothing other than losses. Thus, when things are going well, trade often, trade large, and try to maximize the good fortune that is being bestowed upon you. However, when trading poorly, trade infrequently, trade very small, and continue to get steadily smaller until the winds have changed and the trading “gods” have chosen to smile upon you once again. The latter usually happens when we begin following the rules of trading again. Funny how that happens!
THINK LIKE A FUNDAMENTALIST; TRADE LIKE A TECHNICIAN
R U L E # 10
To trade/invest successfully, think like a fundamentalist; trade like a technician.
It is obviously imperative that we understand the economic fundamentals that will drive a market higher or lower, but we must understand the technicals as well. When we do, then and only then can we, or should we, trade. If the market fundamentals as we understand them are bullish and the trend is down, it is illogical to buy; conversely, if the fundamentals as we understand them are bearish but the market’s trend is up, it is illogical to sell that market short. Ah, but if we understand the market’s fundamentals to be bullish and if the trend is up, it is even more illogical not to trade bullishly.
R U L E # 11
Keep your technical systems simple.
Over the years we have listened to inordinately bright young men and women explain the most complicated and clearly sophisticated trading systems. These are systems that they have labored over; nurtured; expended huge sums of money and time upon, but our history has shown that they rarely make money for those employing them. Complexity breeds confusion; simplicity breeds an ability to make decisions swiftly, and to admit error when wrong. Simplicity breeds elegance.
The greatest traders/investors we’ve had the honor to know over the years continue to employ the simplest trading schemes. They draw simple trend lines, they see and act on simple technical signals, they react swiftly, and they attribute it to their knowledge gained over the years that complexity is the home of the young and untested.
UNDERSTAND THE ENVIRONMENT
R U L E # 12
In trading/investing, an understanding of mass psychology is often more important than an understanding of economics.
Markets are, as we like to say, the sum total of the wisdom and stupidity of all who trade in them, and they are collectively given over to the most basic components of the collective psychology. The dot-com bubble was indeed a bubble, but it grew from a small group to a larger group to the largest group, collectively fed by mass mania, until it ended. The economists among us missed the bull-run entirely, but that proves only that markets can indeed remain irrational, and that economic fundamentals may eventually hold the day but in the interim, psychology holds the moment.
And finally the most important rule of all:
THE RULE THAT SUMS UP THE REST
R U L E # 13
Do more of that which is working and do less of that which is not.
This is a simple rule in writing; this is a difficult rule to act upon. However, it synthesizes all the modest wisdom we’ve accumulated over thirty years of watching and trading in markets. Adding to a winning trade while cutting back on losing trades is the one true rule that holds–and it holds in life as well as in trading/investing.
If you would go to the golf course to play a tournament and find at the practice tee that you are hitting the ball with a slight “left-to-right” tendency that day, it would be best to take that notion out to the course rather than attempt to re-work your swing. Doing more of what is working works on the golf course, and it works in investing.
If you find that writing thank you notes, following the niceties of life that are extended to you, gets you more niceties in the future, you should write more thank you notes. If you find that being pleasant to those around you elicits more pleasantness, then be more pleasant.
And if you find that cutting losses while letting profits run–or even more directly, that cutting losses and adding to winning trades works best of all–then that is the course of action you must take when trading/investing. Here in our offices, as we trade for our own account, we constantly ask each other, “What’s working today, and what’s not?” Then we try to the very best of our ability “to do more of that which is working and less of that which is not.” We’ve no set rule on how much more or how much less we are to do, we know only that we are to do “some” more of the former and “some” less of the latter. If our long positions are up, we look at which of those long positions is doing us the most good and we do more of that. If short positions are also up, we cut back on that which is doing us the most ill. Our process is simple.
We are certain that great–even vast–holes can and will be proven in our rules by doctoral candidates in business and economics, but we care not a whit, for they work. They’ve proven so through time and under pressure. We try our best to adhere to them.
This is what I have learned about the world of investing over three decades. I try each day to stand by my rules. I fail miserably at times, for I break them often, and when I do I lose money and mental capital, until such time as I return to my rules and try my very best to hold strongly to them. The losses incurred are the inevitable tithe I must make to the markets to atone for my trading sins. I accept them, and I move on, but only after vowing that “I’ll never do that again.”

Jess9
16-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I read them the other day after not, for a long time. Its interesting I think I understand more deeply, but next need to really sink in...your idea is very pragmatic.

ColinNz
18-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Strat - A rather inadequate thank you for the insights you took the time to pen. Its always interesting to read of a professionals modus operanti and reassuring that we are all left scratching our heads on occasions.

COLIN
18-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Strat - A rather inadequate thank you for the insights you took the time to pen. Its always interesting to read of a professionals modus operanti and reassuring that we are all left scratching our heads on occasions.

Yes, Strat's "Golden Rules" deserve much greater prominence. They certainly express - but in a much more erudite fashion - my guiding investment principles these days, after a lifetime of learning - and still learning.

Strat: As a suggestion, perhaps post them also on the "Newbies" forum?

And, from one Colin to another, welcome to the club, ColinNz. Far be it from me to suggest that you change your nom-de-plume, but it might avoid some confusion..................!

soulman
19-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Good call soulman

Wow Jess, good call yes, but I bought back at 80.5 yesterday.

Tough going today. RMS has good FA, good inventory and solid cash but TA does look a bit off.

Jess9
19-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi Soulman. I sold at 81 yesterday and 79 today after heeding your and Mr P's advice re s/term down trends AND thinking on those Golden rules. Will watch very carefully for a change TA wise as RMS has just superb fundamentals. The quarterly should provide a spike in the next day or so. ITC looks interesting in the mean time.

macduffy
20-10-2010, 03:32 PM
This excellent report today wasn't enough to stop RMS from a further SP dip but if they go much lower I might have to reconsider and buy a few.

Bernanke, the Chinese, the PoG, etc allowing, of course.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20101020/pdf/31t7fbfm45b6ml.pdf

soulman
21-10-2010, 05:04 AM
Hi Soulman. I sold at 81 yesterday and 79 today after heeding your and Mr P's advice re s/term down trends AND thinking on those Golden rules. Will watch very carefully for a change TA wise as RMS has just superb fundamentals. The quarterly should provide a spike in the next day or so. ITC looks interesting in the mean time.

Wow, fundamentally, I can't find a better goldy. Debt free and $67 mil liquid asset. MC at $219 mil ATM. EV at $152 mil. Lot's of resources at MM and the high grades at WD just makes this coy a great buy.

We need a LT chart for RMS. I think it's still trending higher.

Jess9
21-10-2010, 09:48 PM
watching it for re-entry. 85 ish break on volume would be a good signal. All goldies taking a thrashing over the last week. The good down with not so good.

soulman
21-10-2010, 11:00 PM
watching it for re-entry. 85 ish break on volume would be a good signal. All goldies taking a thrashing over the last week. The good down with not so good.

Just looking at the chart today, there is no doubt RMS is in a ST downtrend. FA v TA at it's best.

LT, RMS is still tracking higher and I will all over it if it drops below 70's. Hope Phaedrus is not reading this.

macduffy
05-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I'll be looking hard at RMS today in the light of the jump in the PoG overnight.

The ST downtrend may not have turned yet - although Relative Strength is starting to turn upwards - but the strength of the PoG may be too much to resist.

Any thoughts, Jess?

soulman
01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
No post on this beast since my last but I can clearly say that RMS is back on the uptrend and dare I say it, Phaedrus would have made a few mint since that 85 cents barrier was broken. I got back on the horse but sadly sold 1/3 for 94.5 this Monday. Sold the other third for 99.5 today and the rest for 1.06 thereafter. 2 cents div coming soon as well. If tomorrow it goes further, then thems the break. Otherwise, looking to re-enter at a lower price.

lewinsky
26-01-2011, 09:26 AM
A very good quarterly report from RMS posted yesterday.

Even though the price of gold is under pressure, their exploration costs allow a high margin.

$76million in cash with no debt.

One to watch and look at buying in again at the right time.

4be
21-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Anyone still following this stock? It came up on my stock screen. I am interested to see what people think of the chart.
Cheers

4be

drillfix
22-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Hi 4be,

I dont follow the stock at all but with regards to the viewing both a daily and a weekly charts, it seem to be Powering along.

meaning the trading on both daily and weekly completely smashed through $1.125 resistance which is now support on the weekly and the daily.
the daily.

Both weekly and daily are showing price trading above their respective 13, 30, 90 and 200 EMA's which is positive.

MACD histogram showing positive on daily and weekly, as well as the signal lines.
Williams %R showing up past -20 on daily and weekly too, but that can stay that way for god knows how long so still strong.

RSI is showing overbought and climbing at 75.

Dont know how much volume going through on this stock but it may need to take a bit of a breather at some stage as they all eventually do.

In the meantime, hope that helps.

Jess9
22-02-2011, 07:28 AM
its a winner at the moment. Mt Magnet coming this year with res upgrade. Lots of cash no debt.

4be
22-02-2011, 10:53 AM
its a winner at the moment. Mt Magnet coming this year with res upgrade. Lots of cash no debt.

Thanks for both replys Jess & drillfix

I am abit of a noob when it comes to Gold/Mining companies. Are there any sites out there that give you a run down on the "jargon" i suppose they use in regards to output/ potential outputs etc?

Jess9
22-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Do a search on Phaedrus. Read some of his posts. His past posts will give you a few clues to good basis technical analysis (the basics are all you really need, unless day trading). That and some good nerve and a bit of luck is what is needed to make some real money...am still working on all three...very rewarding when u get these all sorted : )

4be
22-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Anyone still following?

Have been watching for about a month now not sure if I want to jump in yet maybe if it reaches another high end of day/week. Maybe wait til the market settles abit.

Volume a little weak yesturday & RSI 14 just touching overbought.

ob1kinobi
11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Have you bought any yet 4be?

You've had at least two good buying ops in the last month. Hope your not still watching fromt the sidelines!

Just came across this one this morning

I watched a DVD yesterday 'Why Gold, Why Now?' yes it was all corporate marketing for MONEX produced in 2005
However the FA for GOLD doesn't seem to have changed all that much

4be
11-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I have a sticky note on my wall at a purchase price of 1.28-1.30 and I still havn't jumped in.

My reason- still not confident enough with my TA skills to start investing & havn't completed gathering my arsenal of Indicators/Tools yet. The fundamentals look good but I'm still learning so want to be confident in my TA skills even if FA looks good. In hindsight I wish I had kept looking at the Weekly chart instead of Daily on this one I just feel theres too much "noise" in daily charts for my type of investing (intermediate to long term). Also with the market drop at the start - middle of march kept me out. I was thinking about jumping in on Friday but will wait till today or this week sometime. Ive definately missed some of the boat on this one but the Weekly chart still looks good (i think). Higher Highs Higher Lows , Above 200 day ema n trendline in tact.

Il post what I'm looking at let me kown what you think.

Cheer
4be

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x438/4be1/RMS1.jpg

ob1kinobi
11-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Happy to help out another novice : )

However Im a bit more of a risk taker than you!

You can't be too timid in the business you've got to back yourself. Your sticky tape was right. If your not sure, pop your Stop Loss in just below your entry.

Looking at the daily I would have been in on the 18th or 21 of March. Reasons : Breakout on rising volume+ SP jump. Or again last Fri for similar reasons. New high on good vol.

As for TA thats about as tricky as I make it.

Your analysis is fine.

4be
17-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Does anyone have any idea how RMS up 16.5% so far today on no news & a weak market? Cheers

macduffy
17-06-2011, 06:05 PM
No idea, but RMS has been relatively strong in a weak market for several days now.

On the strength of this I'd expect some good news shortly!

Disc: Not holding.

drillfix
17-06-2011, 06:13 PM
aka: Leaky Boat :)

Watch it though as this price may already have news factored in, so remain steadfast.

ob1kinobi
17-06-2011, 06:21 PM
There's been some pretty decent gains on very strong volume on a few Aussie Gold miners today.

Check out the price action of BDR and GRY.

MacD in your view, do large daily gains of this nature lead you to the assumption that +ve news is forthcoming?

Couldn't it also just be that theses goldies are significantly oversold and that a large player has decided to take a large bite?

Interesting that all three were in a 'frenzy' though, crazy to watch.

Was tempted but wasn't going to go chasing after stocks in this market.

soulman
17-06-2011, 06:42 PM
There's been some pretty decent gains on very strong volume on a few Aussie Gold miners today.

Check out the price action of BDR and GRY.

MacD in your view, do large daily gains of this nature lead you to the assumption that +ve news is forthcoming?

Couldn't it also just be that theses goldies are significantly oversold and that a large player has decided to take a large bite?

Interesting that all three were in a 'frenzy' though, crazy to watch.

Was tempted but wasn't going to go chasing after stocks in this market.

RMS is the only one in production out of those 3. Speeding tickets out, with GRY getting a pardon.

Both RMS and BDR pleads innocents.

macduffy
20-06-2011, 05:56 PM
RMS down a hefty 12.9% today.

One guess is that recent takeover action in Aussie goldies didn't include RMS!

4be
20-06-2011, 08:24 PM
RMS down a hefty 12.9% today.

One guess is that recent takeover action in Aussie goldies didn't include RMS!

Big player getting in on Friday , small/other holders taking profit today ??????

JBmurc
18-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Nett profit 62mill very nice indeed average gold price sold $1300's AUD

JBmurc buying low cost RMS at great prices

soulman
18-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Sure JB, RMS has been one of the best performer in the ASX for the past 12 months. To boot, RMS has returned 7 cents per share (2 cents in FF div) in the past 18 months to shareholders. But the chart just seem that they are unable to scale beyond $1.70. RMS has been one of my favourite stocks in the past 12 months.

Right now I am more interested in DRM and RMS intention with DRM.

JBmurc
19-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Sure JB, RMS has been one of the best performer in the ASX for the past 12 months. To boot, RMS has returned 7 cents per share (2 cents in FF div) in the past 18 months to shareholders. But the chart just seem that they are unable to scale beyond $1.70. RMS has been one of my favourite stocks in the past 12 months.

Right now I am more interested in DRM and RMS intention with DRM.

Personal I'd buy RMS at current levels over DRM which may well just be a investment for RMS in the short term with a longer term outlook to take-over
the buy up of late will get the foot in the door to stop another predator with DRM resource grounds such a good fit for RMS longer term plan...
DRM has run very well of late thanks to RMS if that now stops an RMS keep focused on production cashflows with the plan to do something much later down the track DRM I don't think will be producing for many years could well fall back

soulman
19-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I took a stake in DRM today JB and took off my buy order for RMS. Now I know where RMS missing cash were going into. In one of their presentation, they had $99 mil and then all of a sudden after paying $4 mil in tax they have 89 to 90 mil. More than $5.5 mil has gone into DRM since June 24th 2011.

Looks like $1.15 is possible for RMS soon. And for DRM, you are right, T/O could be a while back. Maybe a full scrip T/O for DRM at $2 a share. I will be watching the new upgrade JORC for DRM Andy Wells mine soon.

soulman
26-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Well JB, looks like RMS would have been a tasty treat at $1.155 - $1.20.

Both RMS and DRM up strongly. Should be an interesting day tomorrow.

soulman
14-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Just rev-visiting poor gold miner share price and RMS sits right up there. Lots of cash missing and they are buying gold ore in and around their Murchison region.

Maybe Mount Magnet are not that big as they thought and they are buying ores elsewhere to make up the numbers. Their current SP action suggest STAY AWAY.

Also, their hugely succesful Wattle Dam mine have a terrible 6 months as previously flagged and maybe good improvement this quarter. Glad to be on the sidelines ATM but looking for nice entry.

JBmurc
15-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Just rev-visiting poor gold miner share price and RMS sits right up there. Lots of cash missing and they are buying gold ore in and around their Murchison region.

Maybe Mount Magnet are not that big as they thought and they are buying ores elsewhere to make up the numbers. Their current SP action suggest STAY AWAY.

Also, their hugely succesful Wattle Dam mine have a terrible 6 months as previously flagged and maybe good improvement this quarter. Glad to be on the sidelines ATM but looking for nice entry.

Yes sold half holding yesterday should head even lower today with the gold price pullback

drillfix
15-03-2012, 01:06 PM
wrong thread, oopssss~!

soulman
23-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Not in yet but RMS chart at current shape, looks a good entry.

drillfix
23-03-2012, 01:45 AM
What do you use for your Charting Souly?

Have you checked out Prorealtime at all? Its free for eod, and got a stack of features.

I use them for aftermarket analysis over IB's tws battleship.

Here is a daily and weekly of RMS > http://postimage.org/image/wjfienmzx/

Sitting right on support at present so will watch this in the morning to see which way the tide flows.

soulman
23-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Just a simple chart Drill. Looks oversold but like you say, can go either way. I see value in RMS now but understand it's on a downtrend and gold not looking great.

Bought in today at 81.5.

drillfix
23-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I guess souly, but you always have an eye and often come out with a win or a small loss.

Here is another view of it taken a minute ago.

RMS Intraday > http://postimage.org/image/ikwrtkfuz/

To be honest, your in early as you know but with no real signal.

Although, the 60, 30 and 5 min charts are flattening out which shows a potential base forming so maybe only up from here?

On the daily indicator side of things.

MFI is negative (money flowing out of the stock)
MACD negative
DMI spread fully apart
RSI declining but may also be flattening
OBV declining but also may be flattening
EMA's spread out to completely signal downtrend.

I think this will be a bounce / swing trade once there are 2 bars on the left hand side 30 min chart above 13 EMA, or at least thats when I would take a shot.

Good luck with this one and I will be watching a bit~!

soulman
23-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Downtrend continues.....wait and see approach.

I got excited yesterday when I read in their latest presentation about their new high grade deposit Vivien and Coogee.

pietrade
23-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Wow! That ' Thrive 2011 ' is some Doco. Someone has really 'joined the dots'.
You might also like to check out
http://www.realecontv.com/page/9872.html

There sure is some nasty s*#t going on.

drillfix
23-03-2012, 06:27 PM

Pietrade,
Good on ya for watching that, I think everybody needs to know so pass it round mate, more awareness the better, IMO.

It goes to show that there are many Elitists out there who follow the ranks of the father Elitists and the whole sad story continues on.

The pyramid of people being governed who are run by the corporations who are run by the banks who are also run by a only a few is quite sickening.

Why do we need to pay XYZ $$$ for petrol, or food or whatever it is we want?? Simply because of those greedy dikweeds.

What is needed is a REVERSE TAKEOVER whereby the wealth becomes spread out and people can afford to live, eat, have health or some more assuring reason to be alive on this planet other than run by Tierney disguised.

Will check out that link you posted later.

In the meantime back to RMS.

Souly, are you still holding?

I thought about an entry but still the chart says, stay out.

If you wish, send me a PM to remind me once the RMS price starts to rally and I will post you minute or 30 min charts to assist for a good entry as I wouldn't mind taking a bounce trade myself as there usually will be at least a 20+c bounce in it for traders to grab hold of.

The hourly chart of RMS is like the reverse chart of OBL, however one or both will eventually reverse so its only a matter of time before one takes a breather or wants to bounce, so either which way you will be on to a good trade.

drillfix
23-03-2012, 06:58 PM

Watched it, and LOL yep, love Nigel Farage the way he describes the exact situation and is not afraid to speak up.

Its all part of it as the EU is a scam in itself.

Same version on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbqumK6qUTQ

Cheers for that~!

JBmurc
24-03-2012, 08:36 AM

Yes and it's not only wealth but peoples health in the USA now some 43% of 30mill USA children have poor health-disorders/diseases etc
(thanks to increasing amount of so-called good for you vaccines,food drink poison's,drugs)
also a huge amount of the population is on-- phama drugs of some kind--anti-depress,cancer,blood pressure....
At current growth rates by 2030 the US population will be 75% obese....and very sick

the same sick eliltes that rob the people also what the population to be sick ...(It's all about control)

"Land of the free"whoever told you that is your enemy-- RATM

drillfix
24-03-2012, 10:38 PM
JB, have you watched the movie on the below link of my sig called Thrive as yet?

If not then you should, and so should everybody IMO, as it affects us all.

Sorry for continuing off topic here on the RMS thread.

Updates waiting for a potential bounce trade will be updated when it seems likely for those who are interested.

drillfix
27-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Souly, the 13ema on the 30 min intraday on RMS has been punctured with a couple of green candles.

Might consider a potential entry, although may see if there is a intraday flush or run of the stops first.

soulman
27-03-2012, 03:14 PM
There she goes Drill. Will be looking to add at some times today. There is big sellers at 85. Let's see if it goes through.

drillfix
27-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Good to see ya here souly.

Yeah bit of a brick wall at 85c, but that is kinda where an upper 60 minute EMA is hanging so if it breaks through 85c you should at least get 91.5c out of it.

I get sick when my order just gets missed by half a cent and then moves on and up but I dont chase thinking I appears I may still get hit eventually but nope, Bahh humbug.

Oh well, that's the game for ya, however the daily is starting to shape up now also with the 13ema being at 87c

Also just missed on SXY with the bounce too (double Arrghhh)

soulman
27-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Maybe you should chase a bit Drill. No need to chase RMS now since that backlog at 85 cents but I still think it will be taken out before the days end.

I am in for a few more at 84.5.

drillfix
27-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Ahh, upped my ord to 83.5, the last hour can be direction maker so we will see~!

drillfix
27-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Souly, I am top of the cue at 83.5 and getting my order filled by BOTs.

Edit.

Order now filled~!

soulman
27-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Good luck Drill. RMS should really run to 90 cents tomorrow.

drillfix
28-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Good luck Drill. RMS should really run to 90 cents tomorrow.

Yes indeed souly, my take is at least 91c looking at my 60 min intraday ema's

The daily chart is also shaping up quite nicely, with a break above the 13ema on the daily.

On the lower indicators, MFI is low still though and its a slow move by looks of it, but then different sector and different stock so can expect that.

drillfix
28-03-2012, 03:37 PM
This one might take a little bit longer there souly, perhaps next week will be the magic run?

As IMO, if this can eventually break past 91c then no doubt $1.00 should be achievable.

In the meantime I see MAD has now done a flush since rising to 1.095, perhaps an entry? Although some MACD histogram divergence moving down so if 1.00 dont hold then we may get another 95c test.

So with both, as always time will tell.

soulman
28-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Strong close at 89 Drill.

drillfix
28-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Yep, all good souly, if the momentum can break past 91c then I am in for more to add to my position.

drillfix
29-03-2012, 04:51 AM
For other readers, just to back up any possible talk of this move instead of thinking that we are rampers here or something so I will back up such speculation by throwing up a daily chart showing previous declines and gains had from previous bounces
which seem to be consistent.

Here is an updated daily chart via ProRealtime.

RMS Daily > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/a3cg4z0j1d70lwtxnp4_RMS.png

Daily indicators also showing positive movement in favour of potential moves, however bare in mind that market conditions also can nullify such moves also, as it does with many a stock with a nice setup.

ps: PRT seems to show resistance at 92c though. Ahh well.

drillfix
29-03-2012, 12:46 PM
however bare in mind that market conditions also can nullify such moves also, as it does with many a stock with a nice setup.

Now ain't that the truth.

So much for a run, but rather, we cannot plan or depend on a chart to behave on a certain demanded day or time, but perhaps over time.

Souly this still may do it, but it needs the backing of the overall markets Tide to be on side.

May just sit on this and see which way the tide flows.

soulman
29-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I still think RMS will crashed through 90 cents in the short term Drill. Are you still in?

drillfix
29-03-2012, 07:21 PM
No souly, I took a small profit but may re-enter again as it starting to turn into Chop.

Will be active on any breakouts though :)

soulman
01-05-2012, 10:22 PM
No breakout here Drill. Just downhill slide. I myself exit all holdings in RMS at 81 cents when TA say it's going no where.
The quarterly out today was shocking, as illustrated by the share price reaction. Definitely one of the stock to avoid at present.

Is it just me or is it hard to make a snack on the market these days.

JBmurc
01-05-2012, 11:01 PM
No breakout here Drill. Just downhill slide. I myself exit all holdings in RMS at 81 cents when TA say it's going no where.
The quarterly out today was shocking, as illustrated by the share price reaction. Definitely one of the stock to avoid at present.

Is it just me or is it hard to make a snack on the market these days.

It is esp in the PM sector at the moment ...as to why I invested more in the oil&gas sector ...still keep a eye on PGI think they'll move soon on the good start up of production

soulman
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Tough gig these days JB.....personally I think the gold sector are a goner. Firstly AXMDA and NAV looks certain to collapsed. All the others are struggling and the African gold sector with the likes of NMG, PVM, GRY are struggling in share prices.

Graphite seems to be the new thing after shale gas. We got the likes of SYR, MOX, AXE and MGY flying the last few weeks but that could cool down any minute.

JB, you trading well?

JBmurc
02-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Tough gig these days JB.....personally I think the gold sector are a goner. Firstly AXMDA and NAV looks certain to collapsed. All the others are struggling and the African gold sector with the likes of NMG, PVM, GRY are struggling in share prices.

Graphite seems to be the new thing after shale gas. We got the likes of SYR, MOX, AXE and MGY flying the last few weeks but that could cool down any minute.

JB, you trading well?

Trying too,, made a few dollars on AGS-- hoping to take some profits off SSN,VIL May-june more short term trading really all of my holdings have got big MAY-JUNE could well be in a great position late june or super pissed ....

Yes PM sector is struggling just take a look at the blue chip NCM $26 valued by many analysts at round $40 while it keeps increasing cashflows the whole sector is out of favor ...much of the short term market follows one another as we have seen from Oil-U308-Silver/gold-REO-Shale oil/gas-graphite etc

Personal with Oil over $100 and Gold $1650 ....I'm happy to invest on the fundamentals of some of the micro-jnr plays in these sectors being the cheapest I've ever seen in 10yrs to sales prices...also if say Oil shifted over $130bbl and gold broke 1800 you watch the sentiment change and the short term money flow back to where the movement is...away from newest craze

tricha
24-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Well Mt Magnet., one hell of a gold mine in the past and will be again soon.
This is the second intercepts of late and they are impressive!:eek2:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RMS&E=ASX&N=696277

tricha
09-10-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm picking this is the last chance to pick up dirt cheap shares.

Close to full production at Mt Magnet and added bonus, a satalite site, to produce an additional 18 million profit,
in 2013.

Go ahead for Western Queen South gold project (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/news-item?S=RMS&E=ASX&N=699118)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RMS&E=ASX&N=699118

JBmurc
10-10-2012, 09:58 AM
yes should re-rate on good production rates wasn't long ago RMS looked cheap at over a dollar
might get some for a ST trade

tricha
30-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Quarter as expected, three months till higher grade ore mined, then the fun begins. As long as gold hangs around |$1,600 + OZ an ounce.

Exceptional gold intercepts at Water Tank Hill, Mt Magnet.

1m @ 10.85 g\t
12m @ 12.14 g\t
14m @ 12.84 g\t
16m @ 11.27 g\t

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RMS&E=ASX&N=702996

tricha
01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Under valued. Compared to its peers, very.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RMS&E=ASX&N=703915

tricha
02-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Under valued. Compared to its peers, very.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RMS&E=ASX&N=703915

And the directors know it, they are buying!

tricha
01-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Quarter as expected, three months till higher grade ore mined, then the fun begins. As long as gold hangs around |$1,600 + OZ an ounce.

Exceptional gold intercepts at Water Tank Hill, Mt Magnet.

1m @ 10.85 g\t
12m @ 12.14 g\t
14m @ 12.84 g\t
16m @ 11.27 g\t

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RMS&E=ASX&N=702996

This is a new high grade gold mine, new intercepts.

Check all the reports on this baby, Water Tank Hill. Theres more reports all the time and when they put them togther, watch this space!

tricha
06-01-2013, 09:52 PM
A very cheap gold stock !

Ramelius up on Mt Magnet hitsThe West AustralianJanuary 3, 2013, 9:23 am

http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/130103/421253398-18e9nsj.jpg (http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/130103/421253398-18e9nsj.jpg)The West Australian © Ramelius up on Mt Magnet hits

Shares in Ramelius Resources were firmer after the company announced more encouraging drill results from its Water Tank Hill prospect at its Mt Magnet gold project.
Drilling last month encountered hits of 9.2 metres at 13 grams per tonne gold from 250.5 metres, including five metres at 22.90 grams per tonne and 19 metres at 6.53 grams per tonne from 194 metres, including five metres at 17.8 grams per tonne.
The holes were drilled below the Water Tank Hill pit, 4km south southeast of the company's Checkers Mill at Mt Magnet and 250m west of the existing St George underground mine decline which was mined between 2005 and 2007.
Ramelius said drilling was scheduled to recommence this month and further results would be released when they became available.
Shares in the company were up 1.2 cents, or 2.61 per cent, to 47.2 at 9.20am.

tricha
17-01-2013, 04:17 PM
A very cheap gold stock !

Ramelius up on Mt Magnet hitsThe West AustralianJanuary 3, 2013, 9:23 am

http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/130103/421253398-18e9nsj.jpg (http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/130103/421253398-18e9nsj.jpg)The West Australian © Ramelius up on Mt Magnet hits

Shares in Ramelius Resources were firmer after the company announced more encouraging drill results from its Water Tank Hill prospect at its Mt Magnet gold project.
Drilling last month encountered hits of 9.2 metres at 13 grams per tonne gold from 250.5 metres, including five metres at 22.90 grams per tonne and 19 metres at 6.53 grams per tonne from 194 metres, including five metres at 17.8 grams per tonne.
The holes were drilled below the Water Tank Hill pit, 4km south southeast of the company's Checkers Mill at Mt Magnet and 250m west of the existing St George underground mine decline which was mined between 2005 and 2007.
Ramelius said drilling was scheduled to recommence this month and further results would be released when they became available.
Shares in the company were up 1.2 cents, or 2.61 per cent, to 47.2 at 9.20am.

Ramelius on the move, if u do not own some form of gold, u have no protection when the US$ ponzi scheme collapses.

Ramelius on the other hand, will open up a new high grade gold mine.

An old decline already handy and 4 km to the mill ( already in operation )

Watch this space ;)

soulman
17-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Should be interesting if it closed above 50. For nearly 3 months RMS could not break 50. This could be the day. FML looks the goods too with their massive cash war chest.

tricha
18-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Should be interesting if it closed above 50. For nearly 3 months RMS could not break 50. This could be the day. FML looks the goods too with their massive cash war chest.

Yes Soulman, 50 cents broken. Unfortunately RMS is a prime takeover target, like FML was. You have done well with FML, not my cup of tea any more, theyy blew it and the Chinese will give nothing away.

I'm betting Water Tank Hill will be a beauty................. Exciting times ahead for RMS. I'm just hoping the price gets to 60 cents before the Chinese pounce. This quarter will be fairly good, which will help, along with the gold price averaging $1600

Borrowed from Hotcopper.

Below is from James Gerrish of Novus Capital. Every morning he does an email (which I recieve). Apparently he has a very loyal following:

"TAKEOVER TARGETS....

In the three years since 2009 J.P.Morgan's specialist sales and sales trading desk has picked 20 stocks that have received takeover approaches including Discovery Metals Ltd. Flinders Mines Ltd. and GrainCorp Ltd.

The Australian team, led by Sujit Dey, has put together its top M&A picks for 2013.

Gold consolidation will continue in 2013 and our picks are Ramelius Resources, Perseus Mining and Medusa Mining. Perseus's scale and ability to produce more than 500,000 ounces a year once its Tengrela project is developed could be attractive to global gold majors comfortable with sovereign risk associated with operations in Ghana and Cote
D'Ivoire."

JBmurc
14-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Happy to pay 40.5c today ...bouncing on it's low's like many goldies ...looking for a short term trade

soulman
15-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Happy to pay 40.5c today ...bouncing on it's low's like many goldies ...looking for a short term trade

Goldies out of favour jb. Glad i got out of fml b4 the plunge. Seems cost pressure is burning their cash holdings. Definitely a bounce for beaten goldies are immiment but if they r unprofitable, then they r a bad investment imo. I can only see div paying stock doing the hay these days.

JBmurc
15-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Goldies out of favour jb. Glad i got out of fml b4 the plunge. Seems cost pressure is burning their cash holdings. Definitely a bounce for beaten goldies are immiment but if they r unprofitable, then they r a bad investment imo. I can only see div paying stock doing the hay these days.

yes as to why I sold half my PGI holding yesterday ....but then thought we may see a bounce in the gold price and the fact the PGM sector is so unloved at this stage

also RMS long term low is only couple cents away ...last Qty RMS had 55.6mill in cash & investments..... Qtr on Qtr RMS are increasing Gold production and grade...exploration results have been good ...If they can continue to increase grade then costs will lower and profits will increase along with the SP as long as gold doesn't continue downwards .....

JBmurc
18-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Shareholders in Ramelius Resources (RMS) have seen their holdings go from a 52-week high of 91c to 31.5c on Friday. Nevertheless, the company is persevering with attempts to keep output at its Mt Magnet operation above 100,000oz a year. Mining has now begun at the Western Queen South project 90km away where over 12 months it is intended to scrape out another 23,000oz.

This is part of the historic Western Queen deposit which was mined between 1926 and 1937 by Western Queen NL until the mine shaft collapsed and water inflows made mining impossible. The average grade was a handsome 17.23 grams/tonne. The former Western Mining Corp in 1990 thought about reopening the mine, estimating the resource to be 500,000 tonnes at 11g/t. But the gold price in the 1990s hardly encouraged thoughts of ploughing capital into brownfield projects.

----keen to BUY back in low 30's .....

soulman
16-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Not yet JB. RMS at 22 represent a low EV. Whether gold production is cash positive is one thing. The market are saying no...and they are saying that cash will be depleted due to falling gold price and rising labour/capital cost.

Maybe some corporate activity is coming soon in this sector, with SLR and NST the biggest predator.

JBmurc
22-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Not yet JB. RMS at 22 represent a low EV. Whether gold production is cash positive is one thing. The market are saying no...and they are saying that cash will be depleted due to falling gold price and rising labour/capital cost.

Maybe some corporate activity is coming soon in this sector, with SLR and NST the biggest predator.

Yeah crazy times just when I can't believe at what price holders are selling there shares at to then see it 50% lower weeks later !!?? WTF I'm glad I didn't get back on board RMS(must be close to cash backing) ....and instead brought back into PGI been much more steady of late ....Got to be a great time to start investing in the resource sector IMHO BUY when everyone is losing there heads >>>
The SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING !!...

macduffy
29-04-2013, 01:32 PM
I've been trawling through a few Aussie gold stocks to try to find one with:
- steady production
- several years' worth of reserves
- low operating costs

I thought I'd almost found one in RMS before reading that the latest quarterly production from Mt Magnet, which provides the bulk of the company's output, had a cash cost of AUD1396 per oz!

Conclusion - RMS isn't the one either. Any contenders out there for the "title"?

Disc: I hold a few SLR, a legacy from the takeover of IGR. SLR's not "it" either!

tricha
30-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I've been trawling through a few Aussie gold stocks to try to find one with:
- steady production
- several years' worth of reserves
- low operating costs

I thought I'd almost found one in RMS before reading that the latest quarterly production from Mt Magnet, which provides the bulk of the company's output, had a cash cost of AUD1396 per oz!

Conclusion - RMS isn't the one either. Any contenders out there for the "title"?

Disc: I hold a few SLR, a legacy from the takeover of IGR. SLR's not "it" either!

nst with out a doubt

macduffy
30-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks, tricha.

NST onto my watchlist for the eventual, inevitable rebound in the PoG. No hurry.

:cool:

JBmurc
12-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Ramelius Resources (ASX:RMS) has agreed new terms for the acquisition of the advanced Vivien gold project in Western Australia from Agnew Gold Mining Company, a subsidiary of Gold Fields Limited.

Ramelius will still acquire the Vivien project for a total of A$10 million, of which A$500,000 has been paid.

Ramelius and Gold Fields have agreed that Ramelius will make two staged payments of A$5 million initially on or before 31 October 2013, and A$4.5 million on or before 30 June 2014, to complete the acquisition.

Ramelius will have access to the Vivien tenements for exploration purposes once it has completed the first payment, with infill and extensional drilling to commence shortly thereafter, expected in December.

The Vivien gold project is a high grade vein style deposit located near the Agnew gold mine in the northern goldfields of Western Australia, and carries a current Indicated Mineral Resource of 579,000 tonnes at 8.3 grams per tonne for 154,000 ounces of gold.

Ramelius has also agreed to place 25 million new ordinary shares at $0.20 to Sprott Asset Management to raise A$5 million, with the funds being directed towards finalising the acquisition.

The significant injection of funds by Sprott, a leading Canadian Fund Manager and substantial shareholder in Ramelius, demonstrates a high level of confidence in the new project.

Ramelius' strategy of adding a synergistic, low cost, high grade gold mine to its portfolio appears sound.

JBmurc
12-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Aspect huntley report

http://www2.aspecthuntley.com.au/pdf/asb/advancedprofile/today/RMS_advancedprofile.pdf

JBmurc
18-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Well haven't had the best of relationships with RMS in the past last time paid 18.5c sold 16.5c before than much of the same ...At present trying to BUY @ 6.7c .....

At these levels RMS has a market value of 26-27mill
for that you get

- projected 80,000oz for this year (growing 150koz from new high grade projects 16/17+)
-1.28moz Gold resource (two new high grade project to drive this much higher)
-round 15mill in cash (trying to raise another 8mill)
-Higher total in all production Costs per oz 1200-1300oz AUD (current price 1410AUD =8-16mill EBIT)new higher grade project to lower production costs and increase EBIT ...
-Leverage on high Gold price at these levels think 800k increase EBIT for every $10 raise in gold AUD

soulman
18-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Well haven't had the best of relationships with RMS in the past last time paid 18.5c sold 16.5c before than much of the same ...At present trying to BUY @ 6.7c .....

At these levels RMS has a market value of 26-27mill
for that you get

- projected 80,000oz for this year (growing 150koz from new high grade projects 16/17+)
-1.28moz Gold resource (two new high grade project to drive this much higher)
-round 15mill in cash (trying to raise another 8mill)
-Higher total in all production Costs per oz 1200-1300oz AUD (current price 1410AUD =8-16mill EBIT)new higher grade project to lower production costs and increase EBIT ...
-Leverage on high Gold price at these levels think 800k increase EBIT for every $10 raise in gold AUD

JB, don't forget their fully owned processing plant. Those were worth a lot when gold were reaching $2,000 an ounce.

JBmurc
18-07-2014, 11:39 PM
JB, don't forget their fully owned processing plant. Those were worth a lot when gold were reaching $2,000 an ounce.

Yes too right ..two very costly to replace plants

-The Checker Processing Plant is located at the Hill Fifty mine at Mt Magnet in Western Australia approximately 650km North of Perth.

Project History
The Checker Process Plant is an existing gold plant located at the town of Mount Magnet in Western Australia. The operation is owned by Ramelius Resources Ltd after purchase from Harmony Gold NL in July 2010. The Checker Processing Plant was previously operated by Mt Magnet Gold NL until it was decommissioned in December 2008.

Scope of work
GR Engineering was appointed by Ramelius Resources Ltd to project manage, design, procure and construct the Mt Magnet Gold Project, incorporating the Checker Processing Plant facilities refurbishment and recommissioning.

The refurbished and modified Checker Processing Plant will be capable of an annualised processing rate of 1.7Mtpa, upgradable to 2.4Mtpa.

The plant receives ore delivered to the ROM pad from various open pit ore sources. Processing includes primary crushing, conveying, coarse ore storage, primary and secondary milling, gravity gold circuit consisting of a gravity concentrator and an intensive cyanidation circuit. The balance of gold recovery is obtained from a seven tank CIL circuit, four tonne pressure Zadra elution circuit and electrowinning systems.

GR Engineering commenced the EPC design, procure, construction and refurbishment of the processing plant facilities in April 2011 and the project was completed in November 2011.

Burbanks Treatment Plant

The Burbanks Treatment Plant is located in the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia, 8 km south of the town of Coolgardie and 46 km west of Kalgoorlie. The plant was purchased by Ramelius in November 2006 and refurbished. The mill is a conventional CIL circuit, with crusher, ball mill, gravity circuit and leach tanks. The mill has a capacity to treat up to 180,000 tonnes of material per annum.

Burbanks has been instrumental in processing of ore from the Company’s Wattle Dam and Coogee gold mines and has also undertaken a number of toll milling parcels.

JBmurc
30-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Ramelius Resources Limited (ASX: “RMS”) advises that the Company’s 1-for-4 non renounceable Entitlement Offer closed on 25 July 2014.
Applications received under the offer were for 59,580,184 ordinary shares totalling $3,872,712. In addition, pursuant to Underwriting Agreements between the Company and Directors as detailed in the Entitlement Offer Prospectus, the Company will receive additional applications for 1,200,000 shares totalling $78,000.
Pursuant to ASX Listing Rule 7.40 and Appendix 7A, the Company hereby gives notice of a shortfall in subscriptions of 38,733,067 shares.
Under the terms of the Entitlement Offer, the Directors may issue the shortfall shares at their discretion within 3 months of the Offer close date.
The Board of Directors expresses its appreciation to all participating shareholders for the strong support shown under the Entitlement Offer.
Ramelius Chief Executive, Mr Mark Zeptner, today said, “The take up of the Entitlement Offer has been highly encouraging in what is currently a tough market for gold equities and gives Ramelius confidence that it will also be able to successfully place the shortfall.”

JBmurc
14-01-2015, 07:33 PM
100%+ growth in a matter of weeks ....very nice and really just the start 300-400% over the next 12months IMHO

I can't say I've seen much better drill results ann that this latest from RMS

-Infill drilling at Blackmans intersected significant, shallow, high grade gold mineralisation; including
�� 9m at 31.9 g/t Au from 41m (including 3m at 91.9 g/t Au)
�� 7m at 4.53 g/t Au from 53m (including 1m at 28.2 g/t Au)
�� 20m at 2.43 g/t Au from 56m (including 1m at 24.4 g/t Au)
�� 25m at 7.61 g/t Au from 6m (including 3m at 40.4 g/t Au)
�� 15m at 2.50 g/t Au from 40m (including 1m at 17.6 g/t Au)
�� 14m at 4.78 g/t Au from 81m (including 1m at 46.5 g/t Au)
�� 18m at 2.44 g/t Au from 59m (including 1m at 18.7 g/t Au)
�� 13m at 8.27 g/t Au from 23m (including 2m at 32.8 g/t Au)

JBmurc
19-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Up another 20% ..... Today another high grade open pit likely
By mid year ..

JBmurc
27-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Sold my lot for 13c paid av. 6.5c ......think we will see some profit taking(maybe even a pullback in the Gold price run) and I'm very keen to move into the opts-RMSO ex. price 12c AUG15 @4c-5c

Really think the next qtr result along with the high grade projects ramping up will add the steam to see RMS make another very strong surge above 20c well before AUG ex date ....

depending on how the SP runs in RMS - RMSO will see what I BUY up ...certainly don't want to not be on board for more than a week as RMS future looks very 2011 like with AUD gold 1600oz+ (1700oz+ 2011)
and AISC under $1000oz AUD for the DEC14 qtr and predictions of it too not move much higher going see RMS EPS rocket higher ....mid term RMS will look to build one very impressive Cash pile 16fy/17fy 120koz+ production =140-180mill++ if they don't have much CAPEX

Also Blackmans near surface drill results recent show how RMS could well have another major resource of Gold only 20-30kms from their main gold plant ....(I've never seen better in recent times)

Joshuatree
27-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Thanks for that info JB ; interesting

Stumpynuts
27-01-2015, 10:52 PM
100%+ growth in a matter of weeks ....very nice and really just the start 300-400% over the next 12months IMHO

I can't say I've seen much better drill results ann that this latest from RMS

-Infill drilling at Blackmans intersected significant, shallow, high grade gold mineralisation; including
�� 9m at 31.9 g/t Au from 41m (including 3m at 91.9 g/t Au)
�� 7m at 4.53 g/t Au from 53m (including 1m at 28.2 g/t Au)
�� 20m at 2.43 g/t Au from 56m (including 1m at 24.4 g/t Au)
�� 25m at 7.61 g/t Au from 6m (including 3m at 40.4 g/t Au)
�� 15m at 2.50 g/t Au from 40m (including 1m at 17.6 g/t Au)
�� 14m at 4.78 g/t Au from 81m (including 1m at 46.5 g/t Au)
�� 18m at 2.44 g/t Au from 59m (including 1m at 18.7 g/t Au)
�� 13m at 8.27 g/t Au from 23m (including 2m at 32.8 g/t Au)

JB, do you think recent gradings from NTL can match or even better RMS?
I'm not sure if you follow them frequently or not?

JBmurc
28-01-2015, 08:51 AM
JB, do you think recent gradings from NTL can match or even better RMS?
I'm not sure if you follow them frequently or not?

No I don't sorry ..did they have as good/better within 100m of the surface ? and do they have a good size gold plant within short distance (RMS 1.7mtpa plant within 20-30kms)

Stumpynuts
28-01-2015, 09:49 AM
No I don't sorry ..did they have as good/better within 100m of the surface ? and do they have a good size gold plant within short distance (RMS 1.7mtpa plant within 20-30kms)

I was hoping you would give your opinion based on below report, you seem to a lot more informed on gold mining stocks than some of us.

From NTL's first stockpile of ore which has sitting on the surface for quite some time now, they have revenue being generated - 64.5 ounces @ 42.56g/t - $100k revenue from a few truckloads.
http://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Revenues-from-Sale.pdf

Currently ore is transported down the road from Karangahake gorge area to Newmont Gold's facilities in Waihi for treatment, easily within 20-30kms of where ore is currently being dug out from. Then gold reserves stored at secure facility for sale.

Mining permit granted, health & safety plans submitted, plus an application is being considered for an extension of current mining permit to include an exploration permit area just north of current one.

Do you think NTL compares favourably to RMS just based on that alone?

Aotea
28-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi Stumpy,
I would be more worried about Iwi resistence for NTL..

Stumpynuts
28-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Hi Stumpy,
I would be more worried about Iwi resistence for NTL..

I already read elsewhere that Iwi were already consulted for Heritage/Cultural consideration, and their approval was given before mining permit was granted.

Aotea
28-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Hey Stumpy,
All mining permits and exploration permits are, i suspect the people in each hapu are twitching at resource consents. i dont know this for sure, but heard that somewhere

JBmurc
05-02-2015, 01:11 PM
I was hoping you would give your opinion based on below report, you seem to a lot more informed on gold mining stocks than some of us.

From NTL's first stockpile of ore which has sitting on the surface for quite some time now, they have revenue being generated - 64.5 ounces @ 42.56g/t - $100k revenue from a few truckloads.
http://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Revenues-from-Sale.pdf

Currently ore is transported down the road from Karangahake gorge area to Newmont Gold's facilities in Waihi for treatment, easily within 20-30kms of where ore is currently being dug out from. Then gold reserves stored at secure facility for sale.

Mining permit granted, health & safety plans submitted, plus an application is being considered for an extension of current mining permit to include an exploration permit area just north of current one.

Do you think NTL compares favourably to RMS just based on that alone?

Not really a peer company sorry mate RMS has two gold plants giving total 2mtpa potential production of gold ore (only the checkers plant is in operation) From reading the link you provided NTL are toll treating a small amount of high grade au ore ...to bring in 100k NZD
currently RMS are producing 2.5-3mill AUD worth of gold per week....

JBmurc
08-04-2015, 04:01 PM
GUIDANCE ACHIEVED AFTER NEAR RECORD GOLD
PRODUCTION AT MT MAGNET – MARCH 2015 QUARTER
Ramelius Resources Limited (ASX: RMS) is pleased to announce that gold
production guidance has once again been achieved for the March 2015 Quarter,
on the back of near record production of 22,655 ounces from the Mt Magnet gold
mine in Western Australia. A brief update on operational, development and
corporate activity follows.
OPERATIONS
• Mt Magnet quarterly production of 22,655 fine ounces of gold
(Guidance: 21,000-23,000oz)
• Cash cost and All-In Sustaining Cost (AISC) are expected to be below
Guidance of A$1,000/oz and A$1,100/oz respectively
DEVELOPMENT
• Vivien Gold Project (WA) – Funding in final stages of due diligence, project
fully permitted, ready for June 2015 Quarter commencement of
underground mine portal
• Kathleen Valley Gold Project (WA) – BFS completed in February 2015,
environmental permitting nearing completion, targeting June 2015 Quarter
for commencement of open pit mining
CORPORATE
• Cash & gold on hand increased to A$35.8M (Dec Qtr: A$24.7M),
representing a further A$11.1M or 45% increase in the period, nil debt
Ramelius Chief Executive, Mark Zeptner today said:
“The turnaround at Mt Magnet and Ramelius is in full swing now with four
consecutive quarters of achieving production Guidance. Combined with a stronger
A$ gold price, this has resulted in a substantial boost to cash & gold on hand,
which currently represents approximately 7.6 cents per share.”
“The cash generating ability of our Mt Magnet operation, backed by an Ore
Reserve of more than 300,000 ounces, is the result of a sustained effort by our
operations team and is underpinning our strategy of building a profitable gold
business. With two new high grade mines coming on stream shortly, Ramelius is
well placed to take advantage of the current Australian dollar gold price.

JBmurc
13-04-2015, 02:38 PM
RMS breakout from 15c resistance ....>>>> 20c here we come

JBmurc
06-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Ramelius signs on for Clancy project 30TH APRIL 2015 BY: ESMARIE SWANEPOEL EMAIL THIS ARTICLE © REUSE THIS PERTH (miningweekly.com) – Gold miner Ramelius Resources has signed a A$2-million farm-in agreement with fellow-listed Clancy Exploration over the Condobolin gold and base metals project, in New South Wales. Under the terms of the agreement, Ramelius could earn an 80% shareholding in the project by funding A$2-million in exploration over a four-year period. The gold miner would be project manager and Clancy would be project operator during the farm-in, with the company entitled to a 10% management fee on services provided. Clancy MD Gordon Barnes said on Thursday that the farm-in agreement with Ramelius would strengthen the junior’s exploration programme in New South Wales, providing funding to test targets. The two companies were expected to start work at Condobolin during the June quarter. Once the farm-in phase had been completed, Clancy would be free-carried until a decision to mine, at which point the company would either contribute to costs or dilute its 20% shareholding. If the company’s shareholding in the project diluted to 5%, it would convert into a 2% net smelter royalty.

It is our preference that if you wish to share this article with others you should please use the following link:

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/ramelius-signs-on-for-clancy-project-2015-04-30

Aaron
17-07-2015, 09:27 AM
RMS options expiring 1/8/2015 .12cents, current market price.115cents. Gold price also down so I'm going with no thanks at this stage. Anyone else received these options and have a view? Mind you my holding is so small as to be meaningless. Maybe I can pick up some shares without brokerage.

penn
20-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Nothin like Good news to spoil a SP.

The Directors of Ramelius Resources Limited (ASX: “RMS”) are pleased to advise thatthe Company is expected to report a full year profit for the twelve months to 30 June2015 of approximately A$21.4 million.

So the shares fell 4.3%

JBmurc
20-07-2015, 06:13 PM
More so on the US gold price sentiment many see the fall to continue to sub $1000oz before the next Bull market in the PM which must be just round the corner >>>

Good buying with a longer term outlook

Bobcat.
02-09-2015, 04:12 PM
A director's spouse buying - always a good sign.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20150902/pdf/4311pc9xxh13mn.pdf

Discl: holding.

JBmurc
02-09-2015, 05:24 PM
A director's spouse buying - always a good sign.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20150902/pdf/4311pc9xxh13mn.pdf

Discl: holding.

Yes same till we see the high teens where I might sell a few

penn
28-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Yes same till we see the high teens where I might sell a few

17.5 high enough in the teens for you to sell?
Aw come on I may buy them!
Nice break-out with a solid close,
Buyer now at 18
the rest of the week will now be fun. (still not as much fun as LOM holders)

JBmurc
29-09-2015, 10:37 PM
17.5 high enough in the teens for you to sell?
Aw come on I may buy them!
Nice break-out with a solid close,
Buyer now at 18
the rest of the week will now be fun. (still not as much fun as LOM holders)

Yeah very bullish of late .. Was always coming IMHO will I sell a few in the high teens will certainly be temped
Round 19c

penn
30-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Yes I will feel the same, as we had the whole of July where they were 'on sale' at 11c. Would be very nice to hold them 'Free carried'.
Have you looked at their neighbor KDR?
I'm wondering if RMS may be looking to get some of their 'bothersome' pile of cash off their hands and pick up some more dirt.
(I would rather have a dividend though)
Whatever management decide it sure has been a nice little turn-around.

JBmurc
30-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Yes I am interested in KDR ..be a perfect fit for RMS ... so likely takeover target on decent drill results .... got a sell order for half of my RMS position 18.5c ....be good to have some spare funds to day-swing trade next couple of days of work ....

penn
30-09-2015, 06:11 PM
18.5 just went! I plan to be a tad more greedy, buyers still outnumber sellers 2:1
will be happy if my sell gets hit. (over 20.0c)
will then need to have a look for another incoming tide.:t_up:

JBmurc
01-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Yes got my 18.5c order filled good luck on the 20c+ ..... personal think after such a strong charge higher we could well see RMS trade this range for awhile 17-19c etc and not break 20c till we either have 1660oz+ AUD Gold or RMS higher grade projects successive ann. or ..... drill results impress etc

looking likely to see 17.5cor lower today

penn
01-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Well Done JB -RMS closed at 18c but didya see kdr go in the last hour (up 27%)
That's going to draw a bit of attention to them.
Rms is tracking the AUD Gold price so,
I can wait a little longer. :)

JBmurc
01-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Well Done JB -RMS closed at 18c but didya see kdr go in the last hour (up 27%)
That's going to draw a bit of attention to them.
Rms is tracking the AUD Gold price so,
I can wait a little longer. :)

Good to see ended up taking the RMS funds and making a quick overnight trade in STO ...then put the profit and all the funds back into RMS @17.5c ...the depth looked open to 19c+ ...within next couple weeks RMS should ann. pre Qtr report always good for a push higher maybe to 20c+

JBmurc
04-10-2015, 03:13 PM
19c close to the week ...thought I was smart selling half my position 18.5c (did swing trade same position day before buy 17.5c sell 18.5c)
Gold was looking weak AUD ..but overnight Friday boom time >>> think we will see RMS recent momentum push past 20c early week ...continue strength in the GP ....maybe even mid 20's

Personal don't think the Sept Qtr results will keep some of the weaker/trader hands happy as to major outgoings to new projects so likely cash will not increase at all ...natural consolidation phase after such a strong period of growth low teens to low 20's may add to pull back ....
...may well trade to it if I'm right could well make a tidy profit

penn
04-10-2015, 07:49 PM
'maybe even mid 20's '

----> hope so! only @ 3.5m for sale up to 23c so if the aggressive buyer from last week wants more, we should get there.

dyor ihaniwiata.

JBmurc
04-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Yes will be happy to sell my other half @23-25c see how it plays out next week >

penn
05-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Where did those 38 buyers above 18.5c come from?
This still has some juice in it.
perhaps heading back to auld levels?

JBmurc
05-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Yes certainly has run even better than I expected 20.5c close .....up over 300% on my first purchase ....got other half up for sell 24.5c ...some 9mill traded today ...see how next few days go RMS continues on trend might well reach my short term target this week at this pace..

then I'll be back buying after the Qtr report or pullback

penn
05-10-2015, 10:33 PM
This is 'new-grounds' for me, jb if quarterly is vgood would you buy back in above your exit price?
...must not 'fall-in-love' with a stock, but if it is still running north....I want to be on the gold train!

JBmurc
05-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Hard to know till the time comes ...but very unlikely RMS SEPT QTR will be anywhere as good as the DEC 15 QTR or the older JUNE 15 as to the outgoing costs to the new projects , higher AISC ,low to nil cash increase

...now we aren't to far away from 100% Growth in RMS Market value... basically on small uptick in the Gold Price and some very promising drill results deeper at Mt magnet ..The RIU Presentations certainty woke up the market.........
Then add in market sentiment change in the PM sector and major Seller finally all out of shares .....then Momentum Traders joining in ....

Now when will it peak and take a breather as they always do... my pick is sooner than later (Pre Qtr report likely 2nd week of OCT ).... then IMHO RMS should go back to trading a range till the DEC qtr low -mid 20's etc this is my pure spec short term outlook ...I'm bullish longer term 2016-17 BUY and Hold for Investors

penn
06-10-2015, 07:02 PM
RMS having a healthy re-trace, but good news would help. (obviously)
and my other 'new-toy' KDR had a very strange day.
What looked like very good news in the Operations Update, caused a spike and half my holding sold, then just 2hrs later fell back to open price, and then closed up 7.4% on the day.
Still good news is good news!

JBmurc
06-10-2015, 09:20 PM
gutted I didn't take the 20.5c when I had a chance today ....was looking like it was running out of steam ...moved my sell order to 21.5c thinking I might get lucky today but like I thought down she went ...still GOLD is moving again could well bring back the Buyers tomorrow

Looking back I actually think we will get a pre - Qtr update this week ....has been come out on the 8th last two times

JBmurc
06-10-2015, 09:20 PM
gutted I didn't take the 20.5c when I had a chance today ....was looking like it was running out of steam ...moved my sell order to 21.5c thinking I might get lucky today but like I thought down she went ...still GOLD is moving again could well bring back the Buyers tomorrow

Looking back I actually think we will get a pre - Qtr update this week ....has been come out on the 8th last two times

penn
08-10-2015, 08:19 AM
I am no expert, but have the feeling this is still going up for a while longer.
With uncertainty all around, RMS looks like a rock that quite a lot of money
will be heading to. I have a small sale in place at .23 but still feel that could be taken
this week.

JBmurc
08-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Yes should get Guidance of Sept Qtr today if market likes could well see another spike higher 21-23c etc ... looking at the recent history of RMS when I first brought in round 5c many didn't see the upside ...then with a turnround in the Qtr results from losses to profits the Market woke up and drove RMS to 10c-15c ....then of cause we had a long period of consolation and trading that range ....I think this will happen again 18c-23c etc here for the next few months till early next year ... unless the AUD Gold Price moves hard or we have stellar results from exploration etc 25c+ won't be seen to 2016

JBmurc
12-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Good move in the US Gold price , even though the AUD has strengthen leaving the AUD gold price under 1600oz ....I think RMS interest should see it break 20c again today ....

Ended up buying another 60k @18.5c on friday ...the last ann was very impressive with Cash balance now at 39mill!!! and that's with development of the new project soaking up a good chunk of funds >>

this has come about with a much lower AISC than expected and better sale prices > think I could well be wrong on 25c target now more likely before Xmas >>

JBmurc
12-10-2015, 02:23 PM
tick tick BOOM 22c and rising

penn
12-10-2015, 06:10 PM
:) The Golden horse keeps on galloping -

JBmurc
14-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Yeah has been one impressive ride ..got a hard time from many a poster back in the 5-6c days predicting RMS would head well north >>
now after many times over the years I'm all out of RMS @ 22.5c ...all the funds went into PRU @ 39c >>>

Think RMS will keep in the mid 20's till next year and my bet no higher than 30c till FEB 2016>>>>

penn
14-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Wow, and thanks! JB, I bought in at .125 and averaged down at .115 ....Then Bang! as i have said on other posts I am used to 4% / year in the bank :)
Looks like persyus (sp) had a nice lift so congrats.
I may put up a post on my new 'toy'
(97mil in cash, no debt, MC 120m, --black gold)
;) ;)

JBmurc
20-10-2015, 03:10 PM
RMS trading back down to 20.5c if only I took my profits on PRU 44c I could have jumped back across aargghh>>>PRU back to 39c

JBmurc
28-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Sold all out of PRU 41.5c & 40.5c ...now both PRU / RMS moved down with the Gold price

..brilliant BUY now IMHO if I could just free up some cash this mid teens area is looking great Buying again
and low 30's for PRU

Both companies have large cash balances Nil debts and good forward plans in place to continue to make fat profits

penn
30-11-2015, 11:53 AM
You called it again! Looks like there may be good news at 'milky-way' ????

penn
02-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Ha Ha .... Bonanza!
22m at 55.05 g/t Au from 112m, including 9m at 126.6 g/t Au!

JBmurc
06-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Geezz so wanted to BUY @ 17.5c ,,,,but couldn't get other shares sold

penn
21-02-2016, 10:05 PM
52week high on Fri, and still looks in demand at over .40c
Disc I reluctantly let half my holding go Fri,
- May not get a significant pull-back
and who knows .49c May be next pause!
I have really enjoyed the ride, but going back to the start of the thread,
---we have been here before! (makes gr8 reading)
GLTAH DYOR and IHANIWIATA

Joshuatree
21-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Congrats so far so good penn. Taking money off the table is sensible for any sector imo, even Goldies. What does IHANIWIATA mean?:confused:
Im making money on OGC now but have away to recoup on BDR and MML atp. Volatility rules great for fast traders but that I'm not . How are you going JB?. PRU one of the few not doing much atm.

JBmurc
28-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Congrats so far so good penn. Taking money off the table is sensible for any sector imo, even Goldies. What does IHANIWIATA mean?:confused:
Im making money on OGC now but have away to recoup on BDR and MML atp. Volatility rules great for fast traders but that I'm not . How are you going JB?. PRU one of the few not doing much atm.

Holding truckloads of NKP/MKO currently.... NKP not very good of late but more so illiquid fear trading more so than any fundamental value ..
I'm confident they will come right before mid year ....MKO has gone very well of late with much more to come ....

Am looking to add a good chunk of change to my account ....certainly be buying some more NKP average down my 9c position
PRU has run of late and IMHO thinking TRY-PGO might well be on the BUY list

penn
09-05-2016, 10:27 PM
You called it again! Looks like there may be good news at 'milky-way' ????
Milky Way !
5.99 million tonnes @1.3g/Tonne for 241,000 oz.
Potential for large tonnage open pit.
More drilling under way to develop an ore reserve.
The golden horse just keeps on galloping

Milky Way...

JBmurc
11-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Time to go shopping for RMS again >> good support at these levels should bounce hard once the big ETF holder ends it's rebalance....

IMHO AUD will drop to the USD on FED increasing rates to flatlining rates in Aus ....funds will outflow AUD >> GOLD AUD should crack on along with US Gold keeping strong in the face of FED rate risings like in the past