PDA

View Full Version : CFDs Contracts for dickheads?

ratkin
28-08-2010, 06:22 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/business/when-brokers-are-the-enemy-20100827-13w40.html

About time the cfd indiustry was exposed for what it really is , ie a crapshoot with loaded dice.

As someone who makes a living from the gambling industry im amazed at the number of people who seem to throw caution to the wind and risk thousands without really knowing the odds they are up against. These people woulnt dream of taking a spread bet on the amount of runs a cricketer might score but think nothing of risking thousands on a stock price .

The tactics the CFD companies use are right up there with the more unscrupulous end of the online bookmaking market. Both rely on a constant stream of new and easy money , strip them bare and move onto the next victim. Hence the aggresive advertising, and aggresive debt collecting tactics which quietly follow

JBmurc
28-08-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't know about Dickheads just very high cost high risk heads that 9 out of 10 times end the year out of pocket

Dr_Who
28-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Just like any other leveraged products, it is a time bomb for the unsophisticated investor with little to no experience. But put in the hands of the experience investor, it can be a gold mine.

I suppose you can say the same thing about property developers who use mezzanine funding.

RRR
28-08-2010, 08:43 PM
CFD, what the hell is that? I never want to know or understand. I wonder why they are allowed to operate in the first place. Probably, the states want to earn more tax by allowing such companies to operate. Pool the wealth(or borrowed money) to tax more and efficiently-will save the hard and expensive work chasing individuals. Capitalism has gone crazy but we need it and reform it for the better.