PDA

View Full Version : Is Direct Broking web site p[laying up.

whatsup
16-09-2010, 10:44 AM
i cant see any info on the D B web site this morning, any other complaints from viewers

Jay
16-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Not showing in some areas on the ASB site either

Refer to a post by Alice under the Direct Broking thread

elZorro
16-09-2010, 11:05 AM
i cant see any info on the D B web site this morning, any other complaints from viewers

The quote section is no go, the depth is OK.

Wilkins_Micawber
16-09-2010, 11:05 AM
ASB web site says "The NZX is currently experiencing market wide problems with confirming trades that have been executed. As a result the status of your orders will not be updated upon execution"

Hoop
16-09-2010, 11:07 AM
NZX site same problem.

Ekrub
16-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Great! We're all in the dark. And a few weeks ago share prices were removed from teletext, with the TVNZ webmaster telling us lamely they're available on-line. It just happened to be convenient to have them on teletext, after all, television programme listings are available on-line as well, but you can still find THEM on teletext. Maybe Mark W and the NZX just got greedy and wanted to charge TVNZ too much. Sad.

GR8DAY
16-09-2010, 11:24 AM
NAtional Bank playing up also.....via Direct ......noticed things not "quite" right for sometime now?

AliceSaville
16-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Please refer to my recent post on the "Direct Broking" thread:

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?5559-Direct-Broking/page33&p=319445

Cheers,
Alice

AliceSaville
16-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Please refer to my recent post on the "Direct Broking" thread:

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?5559-Direct-Broking/page33&p=319445

Cheers,
Alice

UPDATE

ORDER CONFIRMATION

Because of ongoing issues at the NZX, market trade confirmations are not reaching us and we are unable to generate contract notes for NZX trades.

Be aware that NZX market orders placed today may already have traded.

Please contact us if you would like to confirm the status of your order(s) or if you need further information.

16-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Great! We're all in the dark. And a few weeks ago share prices were removed from teletext, with the TVNZ webmaster telling us lamely they're available on-line. It just happened to be convenient to have them on teletext, after all, television programme listings are available on-line as well, but you can still find THEM on teletext. Maybe Mark W and the NZX just got greedy and wanted to charge TVNZ too much. Sad.

I think you would find that as it is an NZX problem then teletext would have been affected too.

POSSUM THE CAT
16-09-2010, 07:13 PM
They should just let the ASX takeover. NZX is Just a Joke

whatsup
21-09-2010, 08:49 AM
UPDATE

ORDER CONFIRMATION

Because of ongoing issues at the NZX, market trade confirmations are not reaching us and we are unable to generate contract notes for NZX trades.

Be aware that NZX market orders placed today may already have traded.

Please contact us if you would like to confirm the status of your order(s) or if you need further information.

Is the D B site playing up again or is it me , no info after 4.30 p m it appeares, Aussie and Kiwi?

Lawso
21-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Is the D B site playing up again or is it me , no info after 4.30 p m it appeares, Aussie and Kiwi?

I've traded thru DB this morning. No problem. In fact, I can't remember when I last had a problem with DB.

bermuda
21-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I've traded thru DB this morning. No problem. In fact, I can't remember when I last had a problem with DB.

Worked perfectly for me this morning. Got some more NWE. Their introduction of an Aussie account was a bonus. That way you don't lose on the currency exchange. e.g you can sell aussie stocks, hold the proceeds in $A ( with interest ) and then buy $A stocks without undergoing a double conversion. All you do is pay the $A0.29 brokerage.

whatsup
29-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Is the D B wed site playing up again ?

whatsup
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Is the D B wed site playing up again ?

Is the DB web site playing up today --Fri or is it me (again ) ?

fungus pudding
08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Is the DB web site playing up today --Fri or is it me (again ) ?

Websites never play up. Like computers themselves, they never have faults, breakdowns, problems or failures. They only have issues.

AliceSaville
08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone,

We are aware of an issue on the DBL website this morning (data being incorrectly displayed) and have our I.T. department investigating.

I will provide updates as soon as I have further information.

Cheers,
Alice

fungus pudding
08-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,

We are aware of an issue on the DBL website this morning (data being incorrectly displayed) and have our I.T. department investigating.

Cheers,
Alice

Good Lord. I was right again! :D:D

AliceSaville
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I will provide updates as soon as I have further information.

Cheers,
Alice

UPDATE:

The data feed connection has been restored by our data provider and the Direct Broking website is updating correctly now.

Thanks - and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Alice

whatsup
08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
UPDATE:

The data feed connection has been restored by our data provider and the Direct Broking website is updating correctly now.

Thanks - and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Alice

Well done Alice we rely on you more than you know !! have a good W E .

whatsup
13-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Is DB, playing up today? cant access any data or quotes!!! any one else !??

whatsup
13-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Is DB, playing up today? cant access any data or quotes!!! any one else !??

Only Aussie quotes today that cant be accessed, darn !!

Lizard
13-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Has anybody else this week had any issue with execution of trades in illiquid stocks?

I have only had four trades this week and two of them behaved suspiciously - both cases, limit orders designed to hit bid or offer, and in both cases the trade took a few minutes to show up - during which time there was suddenly activity, despite the stock not having traded in the past hour.

First case, a sell order which would have largely filled (but not completed) my order appeared to disappear and I was given all stock at the higher price of my limit - a few minutes later, the lower priced stock reappeared and was sold to another bidder. The second case, I was selling and a sudden flurry of sells appeared to go through, taking out the bid before my order went to market, despite no activity in the previous hour.

Once would be coincidence, twice looks a bit suss. Is it possible that in an illiquid stock, some third party trading platforms can "see" bids or offers seconds before they are executed and allow a computer-based execution to beat the order?

lissica
25-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Can't seem to login on the DB website today using the Opera browser.

Works with Google Chrome though.

But I love Opera!

whatsup
25-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Can't seem to login on the DB website today using the Opera browser.

Works with Google Chrome though.

But I love Opera!

No problem for me at 12.30.

whirly
03-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Can someone confirm whats happening to WHS on the DB site this am. Down 10c and showing .4% gain? Thanks

whirly
03-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Think your right Yankiwi. Anyone know of a site that has co's divvy dates in a clear format? Thanks

Hoop
03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Think your right Yankiwi. Anyone know of a site that has co's divvy dates in a clear format? Thanks

Whirley NZX site is good...http://www.nzx.com/markets/dividends/ and bookmark it

You will see the WHS ex date 3 Nov here
Cheers

03-11-2010, 10:55 AM
You can monitor ex dates etc on DB site if you select NZ/AU Markets on left side of page and selecting Diary Adjustments.

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/diary.aspx

whirly
03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
That's exactly what I needed thanks Hoop and 777. The DB site links through to the announcement which I like but man the red fonts harsh on my eyes.

Cheers

W

QOH
13-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Is Direct Broking website down this afternoon? Was OK for me earlier

AliceSaville
13-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Is Direct Broking website down this afternoon? Was OK for me earlier

Hi QOH,

Earlier today we had a connectivity problem with our data provider and unfortunately, this affected access to the website.

Rest assured all is fine now and the issue has been resolved.

Cheers,
Alice

QOH
13-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks Alice for the quick response.