PDA

View Full Version : VOC Vocus Communications

KW
16-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Another little telco company outperforming the economy and the market. Now that Pipe Networks has been sold to TPG, VOC is the only independent wholesaler left. Good client base, growing much faster than forecast, and highly profitable. Trading on a low historical P/E of 9 (forward P/E much lower).

Along with AMM and TPG, its one of my new favourite stocks.

Quite illiquid on the sell side, but look for an entry opportunity.

Note: ignore previous financial information for this company, as Vocus was a backdoor listing in June 2010. The company was previously a fund manager (FOF).

percy
17-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Another little telco company outperforming the economy and the market. Now that Pipe Networks has been sold to TPG, VOC is the only independent wholesaler left. Good client base, growing much faster than forecast, and highly profitable. Trading on a low historical P/E of 9 (forward P/E much lower).

Along with AMM and TPG, its one of my new favourite stocks.

Quite illiquid on the sell side, but look for an entry opportunity.

Note: ignore previous financial information for this company, as Vocus was a backdoor listing in June 2010. The company was previously a fund manager (FOF).

Again thanks KW.I sold my AVE today.looking to spend funds on RYM in NZ,but could not help myself and brought a small of VOC.so am with you with AMM,and NTC.

percy
28-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Sold TPG - bought more VOC. Sell side is pretty illiquid. P/E still very low at 5. Divvy payments start this half :-)

Percy - Another stock in a similar situation is AIR (in case you missed the other thread).

Thank you KW.I forgot to engage brain.Thought AIR were just another bathroom/kitchen distributor!!! I have just read the annual report and can see why it excites you.solar panel sales,and solar products now make up over 75% of sales.They must be getting great stock turns as inventory only $4mil.Ticks all the right boxes.Well done.

Corporate
28-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Sold TPG - bought more VOC. Sell side is pretty illiquid. P/E still very low at 5. Divvy payments start this half :-)

Percy - Another stock in a similar situation is AIR (in case you missed the other thread).

Current PE looks >10...or are you working on some earnings guidance?

mark100
29-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Both Tradingroom and Comsec have VOC P/E at 5.11, but you are right Corporate. For some reason both have not calculated EPS by dividing profits by current shares outstanding. Lesson is to do your own calculations :-)
Historical P/E would be 10.7

Agreed. And by doing some conservative projections based on their quarterly revenue growth I think EPS of 11c could be achieved for FY11. Sadly I don't hold as liquidity hasn't allowed me yet

COLIN
30-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I have a little theory about their business going forward. I think a number of ISPs may bring their business to Vocus now that Pipe is owned by TPG. TPG are using Pipe to put a margin squeeze on the rest of the industry so I wouldnt be suprised if the last independent wholesaler picks up a bit more business than expected. It may go some way to explaining why TPG's forward earnings appears to have come off the boil.

You may be onto it, KW. Nice to see today's rise, on a general down-day. Trends are looking good - check out OBV, Williams, Stochastic, etc. (But I don't think you subscribe to the technical stuff - not that I'm skilled in that area but I have been dabbling and learning.) Bought some a few days ago, at 78.

percy
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Well, if an 17% increase in price in one day is "shafting it" long may it continue :-)

You posted too early KW. 5000 just gone through at $1.makes those ones I brought on 17/9/10 at 72cents look good.As always thank you for your interesting posts.Do not know whether I got any air today.Bit naughty,but if I miss one,will look at cda or others.Just keep them coming.!!!!!!

COLIN
04-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Sailing along nicely. I do love it when shares are tightly held and determined buyers have to chase the price up - provided I already hold, of course!

COLIN
10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
On a day when my mining stocks generally performed rather indifferently it is encouraging to see a share like VOC contribute 7% today.

There's life outside the mine!

COLIN
17-11-2010, 02:44 PM
On a day when my mining stocks generally performed rather indifferently it is encouraging to see a share like VOC contribute 7% today.

There's life outside the mine!
Again, when all is gloom in the mining sector, it is encouraging to see that my VOC is one of the few holdings in my portfolio that has ignored the pessimism, and in fact has risen. Buying interest still significantly outweighs the sellers.

percy
17-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Its always interesting on a big down day to see what bucks the trend. ILF and MNF also up today.

I just can not believe VOC,brought on your recomemdation on17th Sept at .72cents.Today $1.40.Yes I brought some MNF,and today some ILF.I am enjoying your well researched posts.I see ILF seem to have their large debt under control .

COLIN
18-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I must have an odd portfolio - 8 stocks up today, only 5 down, the rest unchanged (overall an up day) despite a big 1.6% market drop. Even my one lone little mining share had a good day :-)
I woke up this morning expecting to take a bath!

Congratulations, KW. Keep this up and you will qualify to be fast-tracked to Guru status!

percy
18-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Hope you got all your ILF yesterday and not today Percy :-)

Yes thank you KW,I paid 0.85cents.

percy
23-11-2010, 08:07 PM
I sold half my VOC on friday at $1.52. no real good reason to sell,but have been surprised at the pace they have shot up at.Thanks KW.

percy
10-02-2011, 07:32 AM
VOC looks like it might be on the move again. Looking forward to a good earnings report on this one.

Thanks KW,back on watch list.

drillfix
25-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Wow, talk about gap up or gap down, is this the way this stock normally trades?

As in 20c up or 20c down?

I like the guy buying @ $1.71 who probably is the same seller @ $1.90 ROFL

Instant profit, hows that :P

percy
25-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Well that was good spotting, hope you got back in :-)

Now if only AMM would get a move on as well - profits up 30% (again) and divvy up 50%, and still no movement at the station!

No,but brought some PEA.I sold my AMM awhile ago.Had moved sideways.Thought they had gone off the boil.Could not understand SP weakness with good announcements.

mark100
26-02-2011, 01:08 AM
I finally got some VOC when it pulled back to $1.40 recently. The interim report looked good and with the current revenue and profit momentum it's not hard to envisage a share price of closer to $3 in 12-18 months. Who knows maybe sooner.

OneUp
26-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Headline NPAT of $3.7m included "other income" of $1.8m, which in the notes is from foreign exchange gains. If memory serves, this is just a balance sheet benefit from the US$ debt they hold from the rise in the A$ against the $US. At any rate it's not reasonable to assume that these gains will continue.

On the other hand admin expenses have spiked massively in 1H11 which is probably linked to the IPO and will reverse out next year. That could provide a pre-tax benefit of say $0.7m.

If you strip out other income of $1.8m and add back say $0.7m of admin costs, we get profit before tax of $3.9m and NPAT of $2.6m. Market cap $89m, so trading on a pretty rich PER at the moment.

OneUp
26-02-2011, 03:02 PM
True. Data centre acquired in November adds ~$0.5m to NPAT per half. But result should have included six weeks contribution anyway, so that's only another $0.4m going forward. So that gets us to $3.0m NPAT for 1H11.

Can you enlighten us on why amortization charge will be lower?

OneUp
26-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah I fully understand that revenue is growing and underlying profits will also grow, and probably at a healthy rate. My main point was that NPAT appears to have been overstated in 1H11 because of the one-off currency benefit.

mark100
10-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Roger Montgomery tipped it in last nights Eureka Report. Valued it at $2.50. Eureka Report has a large following so any tips usually get things moving

mark100
10-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Montgomery focuses on the sustainable ROE etc of a business and he made the point that there is upside past $2.50. A lot of his followers would pay up just to get on board. But it does seem odd to only be tipping it now. Maybe they should read sharetrader instead!

percy
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Montgomery focuses on the sustainable ROE etc of a business and he made the point that there is upside past $2.50. A lot of his followers would pay up just to get on board. But it does seem odd to only be tipping it now. Maybe they should read sharetrader instead!

Yes you and KW were miles ahead of the field.Regret I sold out at $1.53 after following KW in at 73cents,and that was not long ago.Well done.!!

mark100
10-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I think KW deserves all the credit here! I jumped on much later than his initial posting

mark100
10-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Capital raising according to page 2

mark100
28-03-2011, 05:45 PM
http://www.switzer.com.au/video/james-spenceley/

Also looks like VOC is quickly putting the capital raising funds to work

Lizard
24-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi KW,

Have you allowed that competition from the likes of Pacific Fibre will start to impact them in a few years time? There have been a few news reports around lately re them signing agreements with IIN and Vodafone I think, although I haven't really gone through VOC lately to see how big an issue this might be for them.

mark100
24-08-2011, 02:44 PM
With the current 60.8m shares on issue I have EPS at 13.3c and the PE a bit over 15. Obviously with a full years contribution from the acquired businesses profit should rise by a decent amount next year. NPAT was around $4.4m in the second half with the acquired businesses contributing for around 3 months of that.

Its hard to estimate a number for FY12 but my current guess is around $12m NPAT and EPS of around 20c. That is cheap for a growth company but for earnings still a year off, with no forecast provided, I don't think the market is probably in the mood to re-rate VOC at present

mark100
26-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Not much chat on VOC lately although it has been steadily moving up since the big up day on the market on Oct 6. I managed to get a few that day sub $1.40 and continue to hold for the moment. AGM yesterday seemed positive although no forecasts were made

OneUp
26-10-2011, 11:36 PM
With the current 60.8m shares on issue I have EPS at 13.3c and the PE a bit over 15. Obviously with a full years contribution from the acquired businesses profit should rise by a decent amount next year. NPAT was around $4.4m in the second half with the acquired businesses contributing for around 3 months of that.

Its hard to estimate a number for FY12 but my current guess is around $12m NPAT and EPS of around 20c. That is cheap for a growth company but for earnings still a year off, with no forecast provided, I don't think the market is probably in the mood to re-rate VOC at present

Investors should back out the one-off IFRS currency gains when calculating NPAT, which are disclosed as "other income" in the P&L. I made this point a year ago.

Analysts have picked up on this issue, which was probably one reason VOC tanked post FY result. Not to mention that customer growth in the core business has slowed sharply.

Anyway, operating pre-tax profit was $6.5m (after subtracting $3.6m of "other income"), tax that at 30% and NPAT (which, interestingly, is precisely the $2.1m tax figure in the P&L) for the full year was $4.6m. Market cap $100m so historic PER a ritzy 22x at the moment.

Just beware that if you buy this you will get a nasty shock one day on earnings when the AUD falls against the USD from balance date to balance date, or even if the rate of the appreciation of the AUD against the USD slows substantially. However in that case, no doubt management will urge us to look at operating earnings rather than IFRS reported earnings!

Joshuatree
28-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Results out within guidance. $45.3 mill revenue, $16.7mill ebitda, eps 13.3c. s/p down 2.5c so far on small vol.

percy
12-04-2013, 07:01 PM
VOC share price is finally moving, of course, this is entirely due to the fact that I sold half my holding a few weeks ago after losing patience with it. I'll be sure to let everyone know my next big sell decision so that you can all buy in :-(

Sorry I can't stop laughing.!!!!!

Snow Leopard
12-04-2013, 07:34 PM
VOC share price is finally moving, of course, this is entirely due to the fact that I sold half my holding a few weeks ago after losing patience with it. I'll be sure to let everyone know my next big sell decision so that you can all buy in :-(

I am not laughing.

Two days ago I bought into CGF (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9116-CGF-Most-undervalued-company-on-the-ASX&p=401167#post401167) after KW and my super-duper selection software agreed, and entered near the days high. Two days later despite rising closing prices I am not yet in the money. (And MTS which I had sold went up of course!)

So today again my software and KW spot the VOC action, I do not buy in, and the price keeps going up. I am now hoping for a pull-back on Monday.

I sometimes wonder how I ever make any money at this.

Best wishes
Paper Tiger

Disc: I do not in anyway hold KW or anyone else on this website responsible for the outcome of my investment decisions.

h2so4
14-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I am not laughing.

Two days ago I bought into CGF (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9116-CGF-Most-undervalued-company-on-the-ASX&p=401167#post401167) after KW and my super-duper selection software agreed, and entered near the days high. Two days later despite rising closing prices I am not yet in the money. (And MTS which I had sold went up of course!)

So today again my software and KW spot the VOC action, I do not buy in, and the price keeps going up. I am now hoping for a pull-back on Monday.

I sometimes wonder how I ever make any money at this.

Best wishes
Paper Tiger

Disc: I do not in anyway hold KW or anyone else on this website responsible for the outcome of my investment decisions.
Hi PT

I know it's a swear word on this forum but you could always average in.

Snow Leopard
15-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Slight drop in price inline with the overall market, will watch rather than pounce today. No idea what the cause of the rise over the last two days was.

KW: Software is nothing special. A hand-rolled bit of code that runs through price and volume data looking for stocks that:
1) are setting or are near to the highest price over the last N days, and;
2) the short-term average volume is greater than the long-term average volume, and;
3) the average daily value traded is above a minimum level with most prior days above another minimum level.

To summarise: it is going up with increased interest and it is actually possible to buy (and sell) the thing without being most of the market.

First three new arrivals on the list from Fridays data were:
PPC: volume is up again;
VMG: volume is up again and just sufficient average daily value
MNY: rising out of a bit of consolidation.

Still need to do fundamental due-diligence on them.

Best wishes
Paper Tiger

Snow Leopard
18-04-2013, 01:55 PM
F*** F*** F***
There, just wanted to get that out.

Would you like me to buy some and thus instantly reverse the trend?

I am beginning to feel that the God of ASX trades does not like me at the moment.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Snow Leopard
03-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Well this continues to go ballistic and I continue to regret not buying in nearly as much as KW regrets selling some.

Do we know why the interest yet?

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Jaa
02-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Vocus have bought NZ's FX Networks.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/10223655/Aussies-buy-capital-fibre-optic-firm

You guys still trying to buy in? Looks like they have had a good last year!

Joshuatree
06-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Any holders have any ideas why VOC is crashing?

Joshuatree
17-04-2015, 04:51 PM
While we are waiting on Amcom progress, VOC has taken a re 14.5% stake in Macquarie Telecom for re $15.6 million (in shares i think). MAQ has been a dog with two highly overpaid brothers responsible for that. A strategic stake and storage banking as MAQ has a whole lot of the latest tech highly underused storage cabinets

Joshuatree
15-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Amcom shareholders have created history by voting en mass in favour of the merger with VOC; the first time a scheme of arrangement vote has succeeded in the face of such a large blocking state:t_up:

edison
16-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Amcom shareholders have created history by voting en mass in favour of the merger with VOC; the first time a scheme of arrangement vote has succeeded in the face of such a large blocking state:t_up:

Hello Vocus,

Hopefully it will be a beautiful marriage.

Amcom shareholder via super (also owns TPG via super)

Snow Leopard
28-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Hello Vocus,

Hopefully it will be a beautiful marriage.

Amcom shareholder via super (also owns TPG via super)

Now Vocus is getting into bed with M2 [Announcement (http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?E=ASX&S=VOC&N=881341)]

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Joshuatree
28-09-2015, 01:25 PM
WOW a $3 Billion dollar merger so close after the AMM merger.:t_up:

Joshuatree
28-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Maybe ; with only spark ,telstra and tgp. bigger in Australasia. Maybe going farther afield in future?

DarkHorse
28-09-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm a long-time happy holder of M2, which I've seen as quite undervalued recently. They have a great track record of integrating acquisitions, but this is obviously a totally different kettle of companies... They're up 13% today following announcement but still well off highs. I'd love to know what those of you with better understanding of the telecoms market across the ditch make of the merits of owning the new entity.

mark100
29-09-2015, 02:45 PM
SLC offers some excitement and SDA has done well since the Feb results although quite fully priced at present. Holding both but have paired back the SDA holding a fair bit around current levels

Joshuatree
05-11-2015, 11:25 AM
ACCC Will Not Oppose Vocus's Proposed Acquisition Of M2 Group

PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01681834)

Joshuatree
11-11-2015, 11:31 AM
Vocus and Nextgen to build Australia singapore cable.The 4600km ASC will connect Aus To singapore and Indonesia providing the first 100Gbit/s high speed connection from Aus to S E Asia.... Re US$120 mill and take 18 months to build.

A mover and shaker ,VOC.:)

Joshuatree
21-11-2015, 01:23 AM
$7.13 a new all-time high and brokers have a new target high of $8.04
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/30105370/merged-telco-in-big-wa-push/

Joshuatree
29-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Re 10% up today $8 http://www.fool.com.au/2016/02/26/vocus-communications-limited-shares-lift-on-gangbusters-growth/

Joshuatree
29-06-2016, 01:29 PM
T/h to buy next gen. $807 mill with deferred of up to $54 mill.
1 for 9 spp @ A$7.65 i plan to take this up and keep riding what is becoming a monster bolt on player creating real synergies

]~17,000km fibre backhaul network connecting mainland capital cities, and major regional centres

Extensive network infrastructure that has taken more than a decade to deploy and represents in excess of A$1.0billion of investment

]Increases Vocus on-net buildings from 4,022 to more than 5,000
With minimal capex required[ expands on-net NBN point of interconnect , coverage from 68 to 112 of 121

]Significant near term upside from the NWCS development project and potential longer term upside from the ASCdevelopment project[/COLOR]

Transaction expected to be high single digit EPS accretive on a full year pro forma FY17F basis (includingsynergies)

Ownership of domestic backhaul fibre network significantly enhancing Vocus’ fibre infrastructure footprint in Australia
Enhances control over Vocus’ cost base and expands product offering for corporate, government and wholesale
customers
Strong strategic fit for Vocus with ~A$30 million(3) of expected cost synergies per annum
Significant benefits from conducting Nextgen and M2 network integrations concurrently
High single digit EPS accretion in FY17F on a full year pro-forma basis (including synergies)(4)
Pro-forma FY16F Net debt / EBITDA of less than 2.3x on completion(5)

Joshuatree
02-07-2016, 11:44 AM
http://www.channelnews.com.au/a-marriage-made-in-heaven-vocus-hails-nextgen-deal/

Blendy
10-07-2016, 08:54 PM
Is anyone participating in the Entitlement Offer? I received a letter yesterday explaining it, but the timing is very short (ie the rights trading ends tomorrow, and the entitlement closes in a week). The explanation letter didn't have forms - they are apparently being sent, but will they arrive in time? They don't seem to be available online, despite the letter and the downloadable documents saying that their website has details of our personal entitlement (I can't find it anyway). I'm not sure why it wasn't emailed to me, like everything else is. Hmm. Maybe I'll call them up tomorrow.

Joshuatree
10-07-2016, 11:09 PM
Cant help sorry;my investment portfolio is with my broker so they do it all for me:t_up:

G on
11-07-2016, 09:31 AM
I got an email about the offer and I clicked on the link to read the offer book and click on the Apply now. Filled in csn number and all the info comes up. As I have Commonwealth bank a/c I can pay through the Bpay facility. Very convenient. I would think if you didn't get an email you should still be able to go the their website to access your entitlement details.

G on
11-07-2016, 09:44 AM
I got an email about the offer and I clicked on the link to read the offer book and click on the Apply now. Filled in csn number and all the info comes up. As I have Commonwealth bank a/c I can pay through the Bpay facility. Very convenient. I would think if you didn't get an email you should still be able to go the their website to access your entitlement details.

G on
11-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Go to www.vocusoffer.com.au.

Blendy
12-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Thanks, it all arrived in the mail so I have the forms now

Joshuatree
23-08-2016, 08:21 AM
Well today is results day. Been another full on year of change/acquistions for VOC. T/A wise i should have sold . And at least two outfits have put sells on VOC. Consensus on 4 traders is down to a hold.Have put my hands in my pockets and crossed my fingers. Guidance was for$A820-$835 mill REV with underlying EBITDA $213-$218 mill.

Joshuatree
23-08-2016, 08:38 PM
A bit complex for me but result was good s/p up a little. within guidance

,I like holding VOC through the constant shifts and changes and tech improvements in communication etc.More takeovers and take-ups in this powerhouse sector leader ahead Good , simple pull apart result analysis from Motley fool

http://www.fool.com.au/2016/08/23/vocus-communications-limited-triples-profit-is-it-good-value/ (http://www.fool.com.au/2016/08/23/vocus-communications-limited-triples-profit-is-it-good-value/)

DarkHorse
23-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Obviously we won't see the growth experienced in the early days of M2 but like you JT I'm happy holding VOC at present given their track record and solid market position.
A bit more simple info: http://www.thebull.com.au/articles/a/62081-vocus-wants-to-be-'most-loved-telco'.html

Joshuatree
21-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Not happy atm .S/P been falling like there is no bottom and has just accelerated with CFO resigning.Currently re $5.99:scared:. Tempted to top up but falling knives atm.

blackcap
21-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Not happy atm .S/P been falling like there is no bottom and has just accelerated with CFO resigning.Currently re $5.99:scared:. Tempted to top up but falling knives atm.

wow did not know it was that bad. I got out at $8.30 odd thinking that the old MTU growth was probably gone and now it is just a boring telco. Glad I was right about that. Sorry for your position Joshuatree, not easy to know what to do..... but what is the rationale for topping up?

Joshuatree
21-09-2016, 06:08 PM
CFO resigning like that is seldom a good sign on a plunging s/p. F/Y results were great so w hats changed other than a few brokers putting a sell on at the top.No announcements atp to cause concern. Yes maybe growth slowing down but not that much! I had been waiting for the bend at the end of the trend to top up. Will see what news comes tomorrow, 22 mill shares through today.

DarkHorse
21-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Also likely a victim of negative sentiment towards the sector following TPG's plunge on missed earnings... https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/33206
With earnings likely to grow over 20% again next year, they look cheap and not too 'boring' at PE 14
With big fall in Vita Group and drop in health related stocks I've never had such a poor day compared to the overall market :(

DarkHorse
05-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Interesting analyst interview - highlights intense competition for market share between Telstra, TPG and Vocus - he picks TPG to do best https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/33303

Jinx
06-10-2016, 12:20 AM
Tried to catch a falling knife at 6.20 but am happy to hold on for the ride, as long as VOC keep delivering what they say they will the sp seems undervalued at these levels.

Entrep
06-10-2016, 02:59 AM
Does VOC get access to NBN on the same terms as TLS for example? And TLS are the only ones developing 5G as far as we know?

Entrep
06-10-2016, 01:23 PM
This might have something to do with the selldown https://www.google.com/search?pws=0&q=Vocus+Communications+a+%27sell%27+on+accounting+ concerns

Joshuatree
29-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Looks like the game is up re VOC being a high growth high p e stock. Should have sold when Spencely sold out at the top He pumped it up with buying and absorbing competitors until there was nothing left to buy bailed ;out and started up his new business. More fool me.

Entrep
29-11-2016, 10:18 PM
TEXTBOOK example of why not to try catch a falling knife (I was looking for an entry/reversal/strength, never came). PS - not directed at you JT

Joshuatree
29-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Maybe it was you who channelled me not to go for any today Entrep and i have just bought a knife sharpener too which may have helped:).But surely its overdone ? Treated like Growth has finished for VOC and PE spiralling down as Instos bail, 40 million shares =$186 million worth today.

Joshuatree
30-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Heading to $4 Entrep. Can you elaborate on the indicators you look for?. The1 day chart a diagonal gash atp.

Entrep
30-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Heading to $4 Entrep. Can you elaborate on the indicators you look for?. The1 day chart a diagonal gash atp.

Not very sophisticated and stolen from KW to be honest! I have been watching the decline for several months and just noted that it never showed any strength whatsoever. I usually just take KW's 30/120 and 50/200 EMAs and where the SP is in relation to those along with MACD. I was looking at a weekly/monthly basis, not daily too. Simple seems to work.

I've cut my fingers more times than I care to count trying to grab "bargains" and "oversold shares" and have finally learnt I prefer sleeping soundly at night and not anxiously checking Commsec every day.

PLYNCH
03-05-2017, 06:47 PM
More pain for VOC share holders.

Joshuatree
03-05-2017, 06:58 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRgggggggggHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! IM An IIIIIDDDDDIIIIIOOOOOTTTT for not crystallising a losssssssssssssssssss. It s just one more time; its just one less time; the chart told me and i didn't; the chart told me and i didn't,The CEO sold out at the top(re $9) and i didn't. Holding an Ice cream in a cone ; Push arm out straight bend and pullicecream into face at speed. To think i was re $3 plus UP per share and didn't bail. Frog in the pot.Its just one more or less time Irepeatmyselfwhenimund...

DarkHorse
03-05-2017, 09:46 PM
I know how you feel JT! Had reduced but still...I'm an idiot too (no offence^^) Can be OK to patiently hold neglected stocks one has a decent grasp of, regardless of gyrations; but I'm sure the combined market understanding of telecoms sector in Australia far far far outweighed mine (esp non-M2 part)- should have listened to it - DOH!!

blackcap
04-05-2017, 07:24 AM
I know how you feel JT! Had reduced but still...I'm an idiot too (no offence^^) Can be OK to patiently hold neglected stocks one has a decent grasp of, regardless of gyrations; but I'm sure the combined market understanding of telecoms sector in Australia far far far outweighed mine (esp non-M2 part)- should have listened to it - DOH!!

I saw what happened yesterday and feel bad for you guys still holding. I was an original MTU holder and just did not understand the VOC business so decided to sell out just after the merger. Have been reading bits on Hot Copper and might be tempted to buy back in but from what I gather they are looking at EPS of about 25 cents so even $2.50 would be a PE of 10 which at this stage is probably about right. Could it be a takeover target with the sum of the parts being worth more than its whole?

nocomment
04-05-2017, 11:34 AM
yeh it sucks alright. im feeling the pain with TEN right now and there doesnt seem like a lot of relief in sight (still waiting for the owners to decide if theyll stump up with the finance needed).

its interesting that both motley fool & morningstar were both recommending buying this stock at the start of the month (MS has the valuation at 4.80 so not sure if that gives anyone some hope) but a guess a sober warning for me to not always take 'expert' opinion as an accurate forecast

blackcap
04-05-2017, 11:45 AM
its interesting that both motley fool & morningstar were both recommending buying this stock at the start of the month (MS has the valuation at 4.80 so not sure if that gives anyone some hope) but a guess a sober warning for me to not always take 'expert' opinion as an accurate forecast

why bother with the valuations of these outfits? SPK when it was TEL was valued at over $10. I take them with a grain of salt. All it is is a current snapshot of forecast cash flows divided by a WACC. These cash flows and forecasts often come from the company itself, or at least the data that is relied on does. These valuations are just an analysts opinion to what the company will earn in the future. When the company announces (like VOC) that they have been playing accounting shennanigans, then any Morningstar or whatever valuation is virtually useless.

Joshuatree
07-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Takeover offer at $3.50, s/p up 58.5c to currently $3.44. Some think a higher price will be achieved and/or other bids will come. Holding atm.

Joshuatree
26-09-2018, 08:01 PM
"Only large telco offering rev growth" Things looking up.S/p
Singapore cable open and capacity being sold.
Breakout well above $3 looks solid on big vol and 60DMA on /above 180 DMA
https://www.fnarena.com/index.php/2018/09/26/where-are-the-benefits-of-telco-mergers/

Joshuatree
27-05-2019, 12:53 PM
$5.25 cash bid(last one $3.50) 2 years ago)

Indicative and Non-binding Proposal in relation to Vocus 1 page 89.3KB (https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=02108913)

Joshuatree
27-05-2019, 01:07 PM
Will there be other bids from Infratil , trust power etc?

Joshuatree
05-06-2019, 04:04 PM
$5.25 cash bid(last one $3.50) 2 years ago)

Indicative and Non-binding Proposal in relation to Vocus 1 page 89.3KB (https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=02108913)

2nd offer to be withdrawn. S/P back to where it was before, even lower.

Download Document 92.75KB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4gu%2 BzhHxv%2BF2%2FLFiGug%3D)

Joshuatree
11-06-2019, 02:13 PM
AGL offering $4.85.