PDA

View Full Version : Flick the Flicker

COLIN
25-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Is anyone else finding that that annoying "Flick your broker" ad is causing their cursor to keep flicking for the rest of the session? (Sounds rather rude, doesn't it!)

Away with the Flicker, I say.

STRAT
26-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Is anyone else finding that that annoying "Flick your broker" ad is causing their cursor to keep flicking for the rest of the session? (Sounds rather rude, doesn't it!)

Away with the Flicker, I say.Hi Colin.
I thought my Mouse needed batteries :lol:

That broker owes me a couple of AA's I reckon :p

COLIN
27-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Flicker seems to have been flicked. Someone must have got the message, thank goodness. I am now migraine-free again.

COLIN
27-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Drat. It's still there. I have just stumbled across its hiding place and got a nasty bite.

percy
30-09-2010, 07:53 PM
thanks for bringing this to my attention.I am still a computer novice and thought my computer was playing up.I am scared to buy another because I can not remember my telecom password,which got changed one time I had trouble.I cann 't understand the help line whose people do not have English as a first language.So was not sure what I was going to do.I went back to Dick Smiths where I brought it to be told to piss off.

Jay
30-09-2010, 09:47 PM
If you use a programme such as CCLeaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

That will get rid of it!
There is an option to keep what "cookies" you want,so you can keep log ins for sites such as sharetrader
Percy - for you though using it might also get rid of ypur password!

fungus pudding
30-09-2010, 10:10 PM
thanks for bringing this to my attention.I am still a computer novice and thought my computer was playing up.I am scared to buy another because I can not remember my telecom password,which got changed one time I had trouble.I cann 't understand the help line whose people do not have English as a first language.So was not sure what I was going to do.I went back to Dick Smiths where I brought it to be told to piss off.

Are you serious? It's not going to be difficult to get a new password. email them or ring back If you can't understand the person ask for the supervisor. But apart from that you haven't been a computer user for long so I have no idea why you would want a new one. You should get many years out of a laptop, which I presume it is if it came from Dick Smith.

percy
01-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Are you serious? It's not going to be difficult to get a new password. email them or ring back If you can't understand the person ask for the supervisor. But apart from that you haven't been a computer user for long so I have no idea why you would want a new one. You should get many years out of a laptop, which I presume it is if it came from Dick Smith.

Thanks fungus pudding.Yes my acer aspire 5310 is all I need.I have not had any problems for some time now.I had a problem getting onto the internet,rang telecom,on the phone for an hour,pleaded for some one who's English I could understand.Had to get daughter to ring the next day.New password which she wrote down on a piece of paper which I thru out.Brought a new computer for grand daughter,but can not use it here as do not know the password.As I am not allowed to ring telecom,daughter rang them,tried different passwords but nothing worked.So have to wait for the next full moon before she tries again.So when flicker started flicking I thought "here we go'.Can not remember what was wrong when I went back to Dick Smiths but they were not helpful.I had a neighbour who sorted out everything for me.The acer I brought for the granddaughter was $499 reduced from $1299.Mine was $799 about 4 years ago.Granddaughters looks to have all the bells and whistles.

winner69
01-10-2010, 08:17 AM
jeez I thought you guys were going to tell me about Flick the little fire engine .... my favourite story in times gone by

fungus pudding
01-10-2010, 08:40 AM

Away with the Flicker, I say.

It sends my netbook haywire. I have to restart the damned thing. Sometimes it just freezes up completely and I have to power it down to restart. Bigger laptop handles it better, but still goes beserk for a while. It's a horrible thing.

Vince
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Guys,

Normally don't see adds as using an add blocker. Must admit it is rather annoying and does stuff up the pointer. Will get rid of it.

Vince

percy
02-10-2010, 11:21 AM
vince,
thank you.

fungus pudding
02-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Guys,

Normally don't see adds as using an add blocker. Must admit it is rather annoying and does stuff up the pointer. Will get rid of it.

Vince

Ripper! I could kiss you. Be grateful that you don't live close.

upside_umop
02-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I only just noticed it and have started flicking the broker. I find it fun when I get him in the corner!

Glad I found out how fun it was before he got 'flicked' off the site :D

fungus pudding
02-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I only just noticed it and have started flicking the broker. I find it fun when I get him in the corner!

Glad I found out how fun it was before he got 'flicked' off the site :D

:D It's about as much fun as pulling your own teeth out. Give that a go. :D

upside_umop
03-10-2010, 10:44 AM
:D It's about as much fun as pulling your own teeth out. Give that a go. :D

Never tried that FP. But now that you say that, I might just have to :D

COLIN
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Guys,

Vince

Vince, you're a champ!
I've been hesitant to use the Sharetrader site since the wretched thing appeared. Now I can look forward to continued delightful, erudite, exchanges of views. Cheers!

fungus pudding
06-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Vince, you're a champ!
I've been hesitant to use the Sharetrader site since the wretched thing appeared. Now I can look forward to continued delightful, erudite, exchanges of views. Cheers!

So do I - but it's still there.

COLIN
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
So do I - but it's still there.

Vince - please kill it!

Vince, are you there.........................?

fungus pudding
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Vince - please kill it!

Vince, are you there.........................?

I think the flick got him.

fungus pudding
11-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Flick the broker is still there, and now it's broke my flicker.

Phaedrus
12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Vince, that damned thing renders my cursor invisible. How long do we have to put up with this? I swear I will NEVER EVER deal with Pinnacle Life. Ignorant, inconsiderate buffoons.

Kees
12-10-2010, 04:21 PM
dito bloody hopeless

RRR
12-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Brokers are very tough people-very hard to remove. Just like politicians!!

But this bloody broker is testing my patience!!

COLIN
12-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Guys,

Vince

Vince, you promised!!!!!!!!!!!!

STRAT
13-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Enough is enough. It even intrudes on other tabs and pages when Share Trader is open. Its a real pisser. Pinnacle Life will never get me clicking their link.

Time to fire up Spybot I reckon

Phaedrus
13-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Will Spybot stop that thing, Strat?

upside_umop
13-10-2010, 05:00 PM
A Mac will...my pointer doesn't disappear (outside of the box) and I can play the game ;)

STRAT
14-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Will Spybot stop that thing, Strat?Hi Phaedrus.

Probably not unless its on their list. Many invasive programs dont get black flagged if they are not doing anything devious. It may be possible through Flash Player settings. Not sure. It would certainly be easier if Vince would/could remove the cookie/program/whatever or get tpnads.com to do it. I could get out of my depth here is about a second.

If you are clever with computors and can identify the cookie/program, you can add it to spybots list I believe but I havent tried this myself.

Phaedrus
14-10-2010, 01:40 PM
I've flicked the flicker!
Killed the bastard!
And all the other ads as well!
Email me at Faydrus(at)gmail.com for details.

RRR
14-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Google what you want and install the add on to your browser-I use firefox. Easy, but took many days/weeks for a simple solution.

Jay
14-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I've flicked the flicker!
Killed the bastard!
And all the other ads as well!
Email me at Faydrus(at)gmail.com for details.

Thanks Phaedrus - received

Vince
16-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Guys in the meantime if you're using IE go here and install this GREAT TOOL (http://simple-adblock.com/)- I use this myself.
If you're using firefox use this GREAT TOOL (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/)

If you're not using either IE or Firefox...no comment :-)

I use both of these personally...
Vince

STRAT
09-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks for that Vince. It works great :t_up: