PDA

View Full Version : ppg

Nuts
28-09-2010, 09:51 AM
very dissappointing result for ppg , any thoughts on whether one should be sticking with them or bailing ?
i know its been a difficult period but after 3 years of no div and nothing but promises it seems time to give them up .
whats the thoughts ?

percy
28-09-2010, 11:41 AM
go to thread The King buys Postie Plus.I have had too much to say there.

Phaedrus
28-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Nuts, this is at least the 4th PPG thread you have started. Enough already!

The attached chart includes a couple of your recent comments. They are not there to show that you got it "wrong", but to illustrate how market sentiment is more important than fundamentals such as year on year sales, and that what the market says is way more important that what the CEO says.
The time to "give up on PPG" was when the market started selling it down, when the downtrend began, when big holders started selling out, when the trendline was broken, when the support level that had held for 7 months was broken.

I appreciate that you are a long-term investor, but they too need to keep an eye on market trends.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/PPG928.gif

Nuts
28-09-2010, 02:56 PM
not a very nice reply phaedus . if my thread were headed pike river coal it would go on forever , if i cant ask for comments whats the point in this sight , and how do i find the thread " the kings buys postie plus " anyway . not really impressed.

macduffy
28-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Stick with it, Nuts!

PPG in the Search box will bring up all the threads relating to Postie Plus.

Cheers

winner69
28-09-2010, 03:26 PM
but which thread macduffy .... KING's one or nuts's one ... there is 2 threads with that title

Suppose KING's thead is betetr ... it goes for 29 pages ... and was even going when that tipster got the price up to 120 something I think

Catalyst
28-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Come on Nuts - I thought Phaedrus's reply was spot on.

There is a search function at the top right hand corner to search for past threads on PPG, rather than start a new one each time - ask as many questions as you like but on a single ppg thread.

Nuts - to answer your original question about whether to stick with PPG or not, answer this one: if I gave you $712,501 to invest right now, would you invest it all in PPG?

macduffy
28-09-2010, 05:41 PM
but which thread macduffy .... KING's one or nuts's one ... there is 2 threads with that title

Suppose KING's thead is betetr ... it goes for 29 pages ... and was even going when that tipster got the price up to 120 something I think

Yes, I didn't make myself clear at all!

I'd favour sticking with the "BRICKS" thread - it has the most discussion "history".

percy
28-09-2010, 06:09 PM
ppg make their money with winter clothing.Missed this year's winter so you will have to wait until next winter.Then you do not know if they will get it right.History says they will not.The Baby city business is very well run,but will find competition from HLD [asx listed]who I expect will roll out Mothercare stores here..So the chances of a profit from retail trading looks a long way off.
The market cap is very low{we know the reason for this]so we may see some action from someone wanting a listed company.I would think Jan Cameron has enough problems of her own without adding ppg to the list.I would have thought Hallinsteins/glasson may have taken them over as they know how to make a profit from clothing retailing.$12mil would not be a great issue with them.The big problem with ppg is the lease commitments on a large number of second rate shops and ongoing staff commitments.

percy
03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Percy's long awaited report on Postie Plus Tower Junction store.
1. Thought I was in the wrong store.More like a chemist shop.Hair shampos etc in prime spot.What the hell,suppose they cann't make money out of clothes so must try something else.
percy thinks madness.you never take on something a supermarket can do better at[,and a lot cheaper.]
2.Had a look round.Very nice bright store well set out except for the above.good displays.
3.Stock looked fresh and of high appeal.
4.Again excellent staff.
5.walk through to Baby city,which is a nice store.

POSSUM THE CAT
03-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Percy a lot of these products they can sell better quality products at lower prices than the supermarket. My wife will be very pleased if they are bringing these things back as they got rid of a lot of them from PP stores in our area of Auckland. Maybe management is finally waking up to what is actually selling in their shops. Instead of trying to attract the teenage early twenties fashion market

percy
25-11-2010, 01:29 PM
shop visit.10am Monday 22nd november 2010.Hokitika.
Primitive.!! Yes primitive.
Good staff as always.
I thought the new red branding made it look like a red cross opp shop.

Lizard
25-11-2010, 07:25 PM
School uniform report: Our school looking at making a few uniform changes...

PPG (Schooltex) option - I think they could do it all, and be so much more convenient for parents than mail order alternative! But have to say, that on presentation and price, the opposition appeared to blow them away....