PDA

View Full Version : Breakouts and other fun stuff

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

STRAT
06-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi Yall.
Couldnt find a thread on stuff like this in the ASX section so thought Id kick one off.

I like looking for medium to long time down trending stocks that give signals of new life. In particular Indicators and Volume signals before significant SP movement which can then go on watch.

The chart below wasnt a breakout exactly yesterday but I think it is still worthy to kick start the thread.

SEH

STRAT
06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Here is one Lego Man brought to my attention on Steve Flemings Options - long dated/low X price thread last week. Up 30% yesterday

MDA

peat
06-10-2010, 10:08 AM
strat I went to Nick McDonald's (NZ trader done well) presentation in the weekend and while he wasnt giving away too much as it was free and he was promoting his website and training courses etc (arent they all) they outline of the strategy he did give was

Only Trade with the trend (as confirmed by higher highs higher lows)
Look for horizontal support/resistance areas (three touch points)
MACD CONvergence
Enter a trade with breakout from resistance with stop below previous support.
Risk confined to %1 of trading capital.
Candles are only three things – bullish, bearish or neutral.
he ridiculed trend lines (sloping ones) saying the only lines drawn should be horizontal

STRAT
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Peat.

I probably should kick off by pointing out that you have probably forgotten more than I know. I wouldnt be so foolish as to start a debate on TA with you.

Most of what he says is of course correct though I would perhaps argue the merrit of MacD and 1% seems a bit lean for educated punts :D

Not sure about the ridicule of trend lines though. Im rather fond of them myself

I wanted to start a thread for stocks that show early signs of life that would give a possibly useful list of stocks to go on close watch while getting useful TA advice from the likes of yourself. :D

trackers
06-10-2010, 10:56 AM
I agree with Strat by disagreeing with using MACD and only 1% trading capital (I think you should back yourself more than that).

Also, trend lines really are just a visual representation of higher highs and lower lows (or the opposite), aren't they?

Weird.

shasta
06-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Yall.
Couldnt find a thread on stuff like this in the ASX section so thought Id kick one off.

I like looking for medium to long time down trending stocks that give signals of new life. In particular Indicators and Volume signals before significant SP movement.

The chart below wasnt a breakout exactly yesterday but I think it is still worthy to kick start the thread.

SEH

If you dont mind combining TA with FA, i'll try & find some undervalued stocks that are about to turn chartwise, for people to watch for TA action

moimoi
06-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Strat,

AGS broke out big time last week.

In the midst of a legal dispute with its JV partner tho so maybe in the "untouchable" category till resolved....

cheers
Moi.

STRAT
06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
If you dont mind combining TA with FA, i'll try & find some undervalued stocks that are about to turn chartwise, for people to watch for TA action
Shasta, that would be excellent and inversely any TA posts that can be backed by fundamentals

STRAT
06-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Strat,

AGS broke out big time last week.

In the midst of a legal dispute with its JV partner tho so maybe in the "untouchable" category till resolved....

cheers
Moi.Hi Moi. I reckon theres no such thing as untouchable in a watchlist but I was aiming at the ones that are sneaking up or showing more covert signs of action.

Ponda
06-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey Strat,
PRW seems to be coming to life over the last couple of days.
We had a speeding ticket yesterday with a 'we know nothing' reply.
The volume has been huge, compared to it's recent past.
It had a high of 17 cents on the 16/06/09 (go on, ask me how I know GRRR)
Not sure why it's lifting but it may qualify for your list.
Currently trading at 3.2 cps

Lego_Man
06-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Yep, one thing i've observed is that "every dog has its day"...you can make money off any stock at the right time.

STRAT
06-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi Ponda.
No qualifications required for any post here and that would have been a goodin if you had posted it on this thread last week. :lol: Of course I would have been required to start the thread last week too

STRAT
06-10-2010, 12:18 PM
This one has shown unusual volume over the last month.

BKP

STRAT
06-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi KW.
In terms of systematically looking for them. Heres another way.
Below is the tragic chart for QPN, a stock recently mentioned in the StockAnalysis newsletter according to a post on another site.
http://www.sharescene.com/index.php?showtopic=858
I like this chart and have put it on watch.

Does anyone subscribe to this News Letter or know of any fundamental reason why this one would be recomended?

arcticblue
06-10-2010, 02:00 PM
KW, the limit of 1% is of your total trading capital. It's not a 1% movement in a share price.

So if you have 100k in trading capital and invest in a share that's trading at $1.50 and you've decided your stop loss will be $1.35 then you can invest 10k and if you are stopped out at $1.35 you've only risking 1% of your capital.

$10k invested at $1.50 = 6666 shares
Sold at $1.35 (10% drop in price) = 6666 * $1.35 = $9k
$1k lost from 100k trading capital.

I like the idea of this thread so hopefully people will contribute towards it.

STRAT
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
The problem is once its in a stock newsletter the plebs are already piling on board, and the trend will burn out. You want to find one where those in the know are quietly accumulating :-)Exactly but this does not appear to be the case yet with QPN

Volume increase from the end of July ( though not a great example )
Article is September
No significant price action yet

Xerof
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
CVX is running today....

drilling results should be due out soon

mark100
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
NEC has cleared a wall of sellers today

shasta
06-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Shasta, that would be excellent and inversely any TA posts that can be backed by fundamentals

Here are various companies i like fundamentally, with charts either not turned or very recently turned.

WLF, Tungsten & Tin
GIP, Tantalum & Gold/Copper
DGR*, Basically an LIC covering Gold & various other metals
NMN, Phosphate
KIK, Oil
ESI, clean Coal technology
FTE, Uranium
WWI, Uranium & Gold

* has already turned from when i mentioned it, but so fundamentally undervalued it has along way to go to hit "fair value"

Thumpa
06-10-2010, 09:52 PM
RRE ...... tentative breakout begining to form. One to watch for any increase in volume.

News due on new round of drilling in same area as previous good drill results.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/RREoct6.png

airedale
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
ytc in weekly uptrend. Mind you it took a lot of patient watching from April to August. Today someone mentioned a guru who didn't like trend lines. I like them on weekly charts like this
Thanks for your help,Strat

mark100
07-10-2010, 01:35 PM
NEC has cleared a wall of sellers today

And trading halt today regarding change of control transaction!

Phaedrus
07-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I really like the idea of this thread as I am looking for these stocks too but currently have no idea how to systematically search for them. The best way by far (well, the only way, really) is to use scanners, KW. The bigger the market, the more essential their use becomes. At their simplest, they can just scan for price/volume breakouts eg "List all stocks that have risen more than 10% on more than double the average volume". If you don't want to run your screener every day, you would add "in the last x days". You say you are "a big fan of EMAs and OBV". Excellent - build them into your scan.
Whatever you do though, don't think of scanners as a "TA only" tool. They can be set up to search for stocks meeting fundamental criteria, too. The best screeners are those that can search on a combination of fundamental and technical criteria.

Some general advice on screeners :-
(1) They do NOT have to mirror your buy system. There is no reason whatsoever why you shouldn't screen on one set of criteria and buy on another completely different set.
(2) Don't try and perfect your screener to the point that every stock it pulls up is a winner. It's purpose is to generate a shortlist for your consideration, NOT a buy list.
(3) Don't keep "refining" your criteria until the scan only pulls up a single stock. Do this, and you will most assuredly miss out on many good opportunities.
(4) Don't despair if your scan pulls up (say) 20 or more stocks. That is not many when it only takes a few seconds to initially assess the suitability of each candidate.

Screeners can work very, very well. By way of example, on 17/8/10 MLX (a stock I had never followed) came up on my screener as a buy at 15 cents. A quick glance at the chart should show you why. The overall market was weak at the time, so I chose not to act immediately. By 2/9/10 my Market Strength Indicator had become positive so I bought up large at 15.5 and 16 cents. Just over a month later MLX is 32 cents and still rising fast - up another 10% today.

I would suggest that you start out by learning to drive the simple but reasonably effective "IncredibleCharts" scanner. It is free, but you will need to subscribe if you want to use timely, up-to-date data. There are plenty of examples of common screening approaches built in, and many people have posted their own versions there. You can screen specific market sectors and most of the common technical indicators are there, including the MACD as recommended by Nick McDonald. Try it and see what you think - I gave up on it decades ago!

Phaedrus
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Hah! I guess that was ambiguous! To clarify..... I think very poorly of the MACD indicator and never use it now. Ever.
I think that IncredibleCharts offer excellent value for money and is the ideal place for you to start. For many people, IncredibleCharts provides all that they will ever need.

airedale
07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Nice breakout on the monthly chart. Exploring for coal in WA. Plans to ship thermal coal to India and China.

airedale
07-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Another monthly chart. EKM testing resistance. Not yet a break out! Gazprom may be interested in this one.

troyvdh
07-10-2010, 05:05 PM
mmmm...Im quite rapt that CUE is now 40 cents....and i have to say dear Shrewd (bless him oh so much) has been so quiet....

STRAT
07-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi Airedale. That one doesnt inspire me too much. Looks like business as usual to me. Look how many false starts trend lines have given it this year.

Mind you its doin ok today

STRAT
07-10-2010, 05:07 PM
mmmm...Im quite rapt that CUE is now 40 cents....and i have to say dear Shrewd (bless him oh so much) has been so quiet....Nice eh. But 40.5. Now that would be something

airedale
07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I see your point, Strat, but those trend lines are getting progressively higher. A decisive break above, and then retracement, before moving on up would confirm on the monthly chart.

troyvdh
07-10-2010, 05:14 PM
...any minute....

STRAT
07-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I see your point, Strat, but those trend lines are getting progressively higher. A decisive break above, and then retracement, before moving on up would confirm on the monthly chart.
I hear ya but....
I started the thread ( still all posts on anything welcome ) with the intent to find stocks that havent run yet or have just poked their head up after a long stint lying down.
Shall we say possible re ratings over steady climbers.

COLIN
07-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I hear ya but....
I started the thread ( still all posts on anything welcome ) with the intent to find stocks that havent run yet or have just poked their head up after a long stint lying down.
Shall we say possible re ratings over steady climbers.

Strat: Having regard to your criteria, I have had a bit of a cast around tonight and put a few through my (totally fallible) screening process and come up with the following list of possible suspects - some of which poked their heads up a few weeks ago so may not be eligible:

WTP
CFE
CVX
NKP (today)
MCC
TAL (still weak on the OBV, though)

I have looked at various indicators, such as OBV, Williams, Directional Movement, RSI, Slow Stochastic, and Momentum, and have received various degrees of assurance in most cases. However, I'm not much good at placing those trend lines in which you excel, so there's some work for you still to do!

Happy hunting!

COLIN
07-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Meant to also mention, Strat, that I took a small punt on SEH today, after checking out the various indicators. Am now looking forward to the day when it is back up to its price after listing!

STRAT
08-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Strat: Having regard to your criteria, I have had a bit of a cast around tonight and put a few through my (totally fallible) screening process and come up with the following list of possible suspects - some of which poked their heads up a few weeks ago so may not be eligible:

WTP
CFE
CVX
NKP (today)
MCC
TAL (still weak on the OBV, though)

I have looked at various indicators, such as OBV, Williams, Directional Movement, RSI, Slow Stochastic, and Momentum, and have received various degrees of assurance in most cases. However, I'm not much good at placing those trend lines in which you excel, so there's some work for you still to do!

Happy hunting!Hi Colin

Which Criteria are we talkin about exactly? Down trends, Volume and Trendline breaks were by no means all inclusive rather a starter for further discussion.

Volume
A change in volume can be bad too if the price is going down or there are more down days than up with the higher volume on those down days ( OBV attempts to show us which it is at a glance ).

The thing about trend lines is they are always easier to plot after the fact. They really need 3 points of contact before a break which doesnt happen often. On their own with out other signals their value isnt that high. I might mark a buy signal on a trend line break but would not buy on it until confirmed by other criteria. I find Im right a little more than half the time with my picks. Dunno if thats good or bad. The trick I find is to accept I am wrong when I am wrong and get out before a mistake becomes a disaster.

Dont have time tonight to look at all those. It would be good if you could post your charts and thoughts. I would then know the time frames you are considering and how you are approaching them.

........and Phaedrus can show us both where we are going wrong :scared:

Im thinkin starting this thread may have got me in over my head lol.

The criteria at the beginning is something I have been looking at as getting on to stocks early is what we all want but Its not the only way I buy. Im usually more conservative buying into confirmed up trends. I also wanted to create discussion on the topic and jointly find a useful watch list.

I have been so close to buying into SEH myself. The main reasons I havent is I would have to sell something to do it and Im already rather over exposed to Oil and Gas.

STRAT
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
I see your point, Strat, but those trend lines are getting progressively higher.Theyre gonna do that unless time stands still Airedale

STRAT
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Meant to also mention, Strat, that I took a small punt on SEH today, after checking out the various indicators. Am now looking forward to the day when it is back up to its price after listing!
Goin alright today eh Colin? :eek2::t_up::drool:

Wish Id bought some :blush:

shasta
08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Goin alright today eh Colin? :eek2::t_up:

Wish Id bought some :blush:

Strat, i hope ya put GIP into your scans from my earlier post, has had a good run today, currently up 34% to 6.3c

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=GIP&E=ASX&N=508706

Also keep an eye on WWI if it ends up or close to its intra day high, could run Monday

STRAT
08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi Shasta
I went through all those in your post but none fitted into the theme in my first post. Of course that doesnt mean they wont go up though eh? :lol:

Well done

Ponda
09-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm glad that you all made a bit of money from my PRW call at the start of this thread. I believe that it still has legs and there is supposed to be some meeting on Wednesday that Proto are involved in. I'm not sure of the details.

The next one that I will make a call on is LOM, a diamond mining company. I'm sure that a look on the charts may show that it has already done a run but there are, IMHO, still LOTS to come. We are waiting for results to come out that should show that there are a lot of diamonds in the area that we are prospecting on.

Current price of LOM is 5.7 cents after lifting about 1.1 cents on Friday. This could be a one or two week play, but then again what would I know.

DISCL I do hold LOM but do not intend to sell any at this stage, as it is a foundation 'rock' in my portfolio

COLIN
09-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi Colin

Which Criteria are we talkin about exactly? Down trends, Volume and Trendline breaks were by no means all inclusive rather a starter for further discussion.

Volume
A change in volume can be bad too if the price is going down or there are more down days than up with the higher volume on those down days ( OBV attempts to show us which it is at a glance ).

The thing about trend lines is they are always easier to plot after the fact. They really need 3 points of contact before a break which doesnt happen often. On their own with out other signals their value isnt that high. I might mark a buy signal on a trend line break but would not buy on it until confirmed by other criteria. I find Im right a little more than half the time with my picks. Dunno if thats good or bad. The trick I find is to accept I am wrong when I am wrong and get out before a mistake becomes a disaster.

Dont have time tonight to look at all those. It would be good if you could post your charts and thoughts. I would then know the time frames you are considering and how you are approaching them.

........and Phaedrus can show us both where we are going wrong :scared:

Im thinkin starting this thread may have got me in over my head lol.

The criteria at the beginning is something I have been looking at as getting on to stocks early is what we all want but Its not the only way I buy. Im usually more conservative buying into confirmed up trends. I also wanted to create discussion on the topic and jointly find a useful watch list.

I have been so close to buying into SEH myself. The main reasons I havent is I would have to sell something to do it and Im already rather over exposed to Oil and Gas.

Greetings, Strat.
The "criteria" to which I was referring were those stated at the outset of your original post, i.e. stocks which have been in a long, downward drift but which are showing signs of new life. Your SEH picture attracted my attention, and I had a look at the indicators that I usually play around with. (Sorry, I'm not skilled enough to reproduce them here. I go to the Interactive Charts at ft.com and look at the 6-months span.) Friday's action seemed to confirm that the uptick is not just a random blip - but I share your apprehension that Phaedrus may come down on us like a ton of bricks!

My main reliance is on the OBV, and the relative depth volumes, i.e. the weight of buying interest v. selling. I like to see a significant multiple in favour of the buying side, but I also look closely at the structure of the buy/sell prices. My exit strategy is that once a stock starts to slide downwards (e.g. breaking the 30-days moving average), and there is a deficit of buyers compared with sellers, I seriously think about quitting - unless there are other valid reasons for holding on.

STRAT
11-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi Colin.

Im pleased to see SEH up over 100% since the first page especially knowing you bought some.

COLIN
11-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi Colin.

Im pleased to SEH up over 100% since the first page especially knowing you bought some.

Yep, Strat, and thanks again for making us aware of this one. And its not too late for you to sift through your portfolio to see what you should dump/reduce in order to buy some of these beauties.

COLIN
11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Yep, Strat, and thanks again for making us aware of this one. And its not too late for you to sift through your portfolio to see what you should dump/reduce in order to buy some of these beauties.

Well, the speeding ticket and relative response appear to have put the brakes on SEH, but still a respectable further gain for the day. It may linger in the passing bay for a while, but I expect it to speed up again soon.

STRAT
15-10-2010, 08:27 AM
EKM Breakout
nice volume and a nice candle. Close on days high.

STRAT
15-10-2010, 11:18 AM
EKM depth is building.
I dont think Soulman will be pleased with his sell yesterday

evilroyrule
15-10-2010, 11:44 AM
EKM depth is building.
I dont think Soulman will be pleased with his sell yesterday

in ekmo at 5.7. need to time my exit better than voro! might have time my entry here a little better which might give me a bot more lattitude. could be a good day. good luck all:mellow:

mark100
15-10-2010, 12:11 PM
HOR might be breaking above recent 28c resistance. A copper play. Disclaimer - Trading parcel held

STRAT
15-10-2010, 12:23 PM
HOR might be breaking above recent 28c resistance. A copper play. Disclaimer - Trading parcel heldHi Mark.
Sure has. I would place that resistance at 27 but a bit young for me with only 3 months of history.

STRAT
15-10-2010, 12:25 PM
EKM depth is building.
I dont think Soulman will be pleased with his sell yesterdayon the other hand:scared::ohmy::crying:

trackers
15-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Another great day for SMD, gutted I missed on oppies at 2c, but hold a good amount of heads (and EKM)

soulman
15-10-2010, 03:36 PM
on the other hand:scared::ohmy::crying:

Very please ATM. In fact I just bought and sold EKM this morning at 15 and 15.5 respectively. Still don't like the sell side.

STRAT
15-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Unusual stirrings at the end of day with NWE today and its a Friday

STRAT
15-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Very please ATM. In fact I just bought and sold EKM this morning at 15 and 15.5 respectively. Still don't like the sell side.Good on ya Soulman.
Not what I was expecting but held up all the same.

soulman
15-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Good on ya Soulman.
Not what I was expecting but held up all the same.

Yep, the late action on NWE surely caught me off guard. MSR also creeping up today.

Yesterday's action on EKM looks promising with 9 mil large traded. Although, before the closed, looks like someone tried to pushed the closed at 16.5. I sold out purely because I enter EKM quite late at 14 and looks a decent price to get out for a few days hold. Another big volume spike would surely take EKM to 18 and beyond.

bermuda
15-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Unusual stirrings at the end of day with NWE today and its a Friday

Hi Strat,
As you know I just go on fundamentals. And fundamentally NWE has a lot going for it. Got a few at 2.8.

Same goes for another on this thread. SEH. Brilliant fundamentals. I saw there Presentation in Perth and loaded up accordingly at 3.3..

STRAT
15-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi Strat,
As you know I just go on fundamentals. And fundamentally NWE has a lot going for it. Got a few at 2.8.

Same goes for another on this thread. SEH. Brilliant fundamentals. I saw there Presentation in Perth and loaded up accordingly at 3.3..
Hi Bermuda.
A mate of ours is pretty sold on NWE and unless our friend has been putting out the good word it would seem some others took a real interest today. The India deal is certainly a step in the right direction.

You must be tickled pink with SEH. I didnt buy any after starting the thread with it. Doh:blink:

STRAT
18-10-2010, 03:36 PM
NWE
Volume up
Buyer depth up.
Worth keeping an eye on I think

Jess9
19-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi Strat. Anyone voted for VPE and nearly ITC recently? Charts look tidy (VPE a little more so than ITC). However, both are closely linked by western oil fairway JV and could be getting closer real soon : )

STRAT
20-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Hi Jess.
I think when you look at the timing of the recent rise in both ( ITC in green on the VPE chart ) it would be reasonable to suspect their joint venture has something to do with the rise but both ran out of steam before this thread was started. Ive reentered both but its been touch and go staying in.

Jess9
20-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Could be a safer wait here than else where at the moment.

Lizard
20-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I suppose it will be too late to get on CHM once it comes out of halt?

Oops, looks like litigation result might not have been as good as the market expected!

upside_umop
20-10-2010, 04:19 PM
NAV breaking out...? And why shouldn't it....this seems to have fundamentals - and it's a gold stock!

JBmurc
20-10-2010, 04:58 PM
yes Nav up an no news yet an Gold is down near $30 USD something up leaking ship REO news??

Jess9
21-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Still looks interesting Strat. Have you been looking at ITC obv and its recent price closes?

Hi Jess.
I think when you look at the timing of the recent rise in both ( ITC in green on the VPE chart ) it would be reasonable to suspect their joint venture has something to do with the rise but both ran out of steam before this thread was started. Ive reentered both but its been touch and go staying in.

STRAT
22-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Still looks interesting Strat. Have you been looking at ITC obv and its recent price closes?Hi Jess.
I have and it is in keeping with the bullish trend line break.

But.......
there is a bearish divergence between price/OBV and RSI.
Momentum has dropped back to the zero line.
Have a look and see what you think.

All thrown into one bag I dont see anything to get excited about yet. Id love to be shown otherwise though :D

in addition : Yesterdays action although not mind blowing does show possible good early signs and was not taken into acount in the above remarks.

STRAT
22-10-2010, 10:32 AM
in addition : Yesterdays action although not mind blowing does show possible good early signs and was not taken into acount in the above remarks.
and constitutes a breakout I suppose

Huang Chung
22-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Watch Metminco today (MNC). Lots of talk on HC. Apparently got the Diggers & Drillers blessing. Massive interest forming on the buy side.

Look what happened to KAS when they were anointed with the D&D Holy Water.

I'll be a spectator, and watch from the sidelines....dangerous to step in front of a herd of galloping elephants.

Jess9
22-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Strat. VPE moving fwd, 34.5 now. If it continues up on no news. IMO another flag for a move on ITC being immanent as VPE would want to say a nice say 10 day VWAP of its shares for any offer.

STRAT
22-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Strat. VPE moving fwd, 34.5 now. .I see that but there is no volume on ITC.

I reckon VPE is moving on a few punters expecting/hoping for good news from the Government regarding CSG

Jess9
22-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Its on dude. Bang goes 500K VPE at 34.5 moving on up....ITC is the real prize.

COLIN
26-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Have you looked at ORD, Strat? They seem to tick the boxes for the key indicators that I usually look at.

STRAT
28-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Heres one that fits the other fun stuff catagory. Hasnt fired yet but someone has been buying it.
Anyone know anything about these guys?

STRAT
03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
This one has shown unusual volume over the last month.

BKPBKP showing extra interest from Mr Market today and up 50% since the last post.

Jess9
04-11-2010, 07:23 AM
VPE + ITC still a go.

COLIN
04-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Have you looked at ORD, Strat? They seem to tick the boxes for the key indicators that I usually look at.

Well, not exactly going according to plan! Not at this stage, anyway. Fortunately I haven't bought in (yet).
Can't win 'em all.

STRAT
05-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Well, not exactly going according to plan! Not at this stage, anyway. Fortunately I haven't bought in (yet).
Can't win 'em all.Hi Colin. Keep a close eye on BKP. Somethings bubbling up. I have some at an av of 0.45c

Oh and shield your ribs, Im about to give em a poke.

:eek2:SMD 18.5. EKM 35.0:eek2:

STRAT
05-11-2010, 11:12 AM
VPE + ITC still a go.I think so too Jess and have both but the action is elsewhere right now.

trackers
05-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi Colin. Keep a close eye on BKP. Somethings bubbling up. I have some at an av of 0.45c

Lol Strat! Talk about backing the wrong horse!!!

Speaking of which..At least I had $10 each way on Americain on Tuesday lol

COLIN
05-11-2010, 02:56 PM

OK, I concede - for this round. But its not all over until the fat lady sings!

COLIN
05-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi Colin. Keep a close eye on BKP. Somethings bubbling up. I have some at an av of 0.45c

Will do. Several of the indicators seem to be popping but I am a little wary as to how dependable they are when prices are as low as this, e.g. when a 0.1c movement translates into 20%. It seems to me in these cases that there are traders who just attach themselves to the bid or offer price and sit and wait until their order moves up the queue, which can take several days, or even longer.

But will watch nevertheless.

Jess9
06-11-2010, 07:08 AM
STRAT good runs.

Watching BKP. May have a small flutter Monday.

Any further thoughts on OKU...s/term chart look like a watch close and wait.

ITC buy pressure slowly building.

Huang Chung
06-11-2010, 09:20 AM
SIR moving...up from around 1.1c to 1.4c in about 2 weeks. Good reception since the Brisbane mining conference.

I like the stock because of the 'potential' on offer, but, when you look at the respective mkt caps, PIR just seems to be better value.

STRAT
06-11-2010, 10:36 AM
It seems to me in these cases that there are traders who just attach themselves to the bid or offer price and sit and wait until their order moves up the queue, which can take several days, or even longer.

But will watch nevertheless.That does happen Colin for sure. Just keep an eye on depth ( in general ) and VOLUME. Sells at 0.6c have thinned out during the week.

STRAT
06-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Jess. ITC will get there I reckon. Depth is building on both sides.
Sorry havent looked at OKU. Will try over the weekend.

STRAT
06-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi Jess. OKU is not for me in terms of the reasoning behind the thread because

(a) It bottomed in Dec 08 and has been on the rise since. Missed the boat
(b) It has already spiked 3 times since then and looks to be in the closing stages of the third.
(c) Its all been down hill since the first spike in July 09
(d) Its always trending. Not ideal for the kind of breakout I am looking for.
(e) No significant signs of increased volume before each spike.

Jess9
06-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks STRAT, I see some good thought is going into spotting a star breakout : )

STRAT
07-11-2010, 09:50 AM
BKP

At the front of the cue

Sell 5 bids @ 0.6c $1,105,968
Buy 35 bids @ 0.5c $156,651,392

Jess9
08-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi Strat.

ITC's off today.

How far will it go...

STRAT
08-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi Strat.

ITC's off today.

How far will it go...Yeah, I hadnt even noticed. Lookin alright eh?. Gettin a healthy buffer between the sp and my stop loss now.

Pressure building under BKP too. I wonder if we will see 0.7c today

Brut
08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
PEN having a good day also, infact it has a good run for the last month...

Huang Chung
08-11-2010, 07:17 PM
SIR moving...up from around 1.1c to 1.4c in about 2 weeks. Good reception since the Brisbane mining conference.

I like the stock because of the 'potential' on offer, but, when you look at the respective mkt caps, PIR just seems to be better value.

Now up to 1.5c.

COLIN
08-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Pressure building under BKP too. I wonder if we will see 0.7c today

It saw it, Strat, but scuttled back into its hole, despite today's announcement which one would have thought would have aroused some interest - containing magical words like "farm-ins" "horizontal drilling and fraccing" "like the Bakken" etc.

I still haven't taken the plunge, but watching closely.

COLIN
08-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Now up to 1.5c.

I bought some SIR today, HC. Swayed by the Creasy story, and the extent of his commitment.

spike
09-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Brought some bkp at .6 thought about it and the more I thought about it the more I thought they would go no where so I sold them again. Happy to stick with NWE which shot up today

STRAT
09-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Brought some bkp at .6 thought about it and the more I thought about it the more I thought they would go no where so I sold them again. Happy to stick with NWE which shot up today
lol.
Well Spike, If it doesnt feel comfortable best move on.
I did a little digging and it appears the action shown on the chart is in anticipation of the Ryder Report due very soon. If that report isnt what the market wants to hear it will shoot back down in a hurry. Even with an entry at 0.45 I will have to be quick on the trigger. Time will tell all as usual. Got to be in to win though eh? :D

STRAT
09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I bought some SIR today, HC. Swayed by the Creasy story, and the extent of his commitment.Hi HC and Colin.

Good example.
Price has been flat for a year yet volume has been up all that time and OBV rising . Big days marked by the dot all blue arrow days.

If I was a betting man Id say this is a fire cracker waiting to be lit. Of course it needs to be said that it has doubled in a month and an entry a month ago would carry a lot less risk.

Wont be buying any though. Fully invested :crying:

PIR on the other hand has been in an uptrend for nearly a year and a half. Would have been a good buy back then and is more than likely a safer bet even now.

STRAT
11-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Perhaps its just my wishful thinking but I cant help feeling that ILF is on the brink of breaking out of its trading range. Its had several cracks at the 8c mark, this will be its third time up at bat. Its just had a positive 50/200 day MA cross, so this could be it! NTA is 26c. One to keep a close eye on.

Discl. I have owned this stock since pre-GFC and ridden it all the way down, therefore any comment I make may be highly biased and totally delusional, so please do your own research :-)Hi KW.

It has indeed. Youre not delusional :D

NTA 26c eh?. Anything on the calender that will grab the markets attention?

evilroyrule
12-11-2010, 04:48 PM
ORO.

this isnt breaking out, nor am i saying it will, BUT:

in last two weeks had its biggest signle trading day;
have watched the buy side fill from approx 4 mil to now 44+ and now outweighing the sell. its interesting to watch. any other voyeurs out there?

STRAT
12-11-2010, 04:53 PM
ORO.

have watched the buy side fill from approx 4 mil to now 44+ and now outweighing the sell. its interesting to watch. any other voyeurs out there?Hi Roy.
Ive got a bag of OROOA at 0.1c but mate, its a bit of a lotto ticket I reckon

evilroyrule
12-11-2010, 05:00 PM
ooohhhhhh. i went the heads way. true story, only coz i couldnt figure out how to place an order with the decimal point for the options!!! ha ha. that DB website is tricky sometimes. hey you did well at .01. at least you dont have to really worry about losing money. if they go down its game over!

STRAT
12-11-2010, 05:03 PM
at least you dont have to really worry about losing money. if they go down its game over!Thats what I thought. Of course there is one more possibility.

They could expire worthless :lol:

STRAT
16-11-2010, 02:41 PM
BKP continues with above normal volume.

evilroyrule
16-11-2010, 02:49 PM
BKP continues with above normal volume.

hi strat, i played this one before and managed to escape even. it seemed to me that this share was one the day traders seemed to be able to manipulate for their own end, and it me seemed only to attract interest for this reason. far too hard for me, but good luck if you are in/take a plunge. looks like ekm now levelling out. im staying put til next year on this one

STRAT
16-11-2010, 03:05 PM
VPE + ITC still a go.Hi Jess. You arent on the marketing payrole for these two by any chance? are you? :p

STRAT
16-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Roy. I dont think its day traders. Not enough price movement but that aside it could keep doing what its doing for months. The initial post was when it was between 0.4c and 0.5c. I wouldnt be as keen at 0.6c.

EKM. No need to say anything about that one, just :D:D:D:D

STRAT
16-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Heres another one. Gold I think???

A bit slow off the mark. Should have been posted a few days ago :blush:

drillfix
17-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Hey Strat, I like this thread, Breakouts and Fun Stuff.

Here is some fun but would be even more fun anybody been holding, anybody out there hold the below?

CHFO currently up 4.9c from 0.001c to (last) 4c, which is a whopping 3,900% for the day so far, had been even higher up to 4.4c

CHF (fully paid) opened at 10c low of 7c and a high of 14c (so far).

Iron ore news which tenements are close to SPH which has a JORC and is currently in bed with Xtrata.

Back to CHF, obviously its been traded or folks are ready in the making on investing in purely on nearology, dunno, but lets see how it ends up at the end of the week.

STRAT
17-11-2010, 04:18 PM
LOL
A 49 bagger in one day. Wouldnt that be grand? I see they only have three months to run too :scared:

Just remember the theme though Drilly. You are suppose to post em before they do that :D :D :D

drillfix
17-11-2010, 04:27 PM
LOL

Just remember the theme though Drilly. You are suppose to post em before they do that :D :D :D

Haaa, No worries Strat, will polish up this crystal ball and start doing some calls I guess.

On another note, finally some movement on GLF.

I have held a small parcel of GLFOB (mar 2013 10c) for quite sometime and I were gonna dump them on the last move up, but having read the guy whom just joined the company I feel in due time, something good things are gonna happen here.

Research GLF folks, its still early days.

msgoldenhair
17-11-2010, 08:05 PM
breakout MYG today

STRAT
18-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Hi KW.
In terms of systematically looking for them. Heres another way.
Below is the tragic chart for QPN, a stock recently mentioned in the StockAnalysis newsletter according to a post on another site.
http://www.sharescene.com/index.php?showtopic=858
I like this chart and have put it on watch.

Does anyone subscribe to this News Letter or know of any fundamental reason why this one would be recomended?This one is off to the races today.

Up coming drilling with partners TSV and TPN. Once again volume gave a hint to future price movement.

STRAT
18-11-2010, 05:30 PM
If it keeps going I'll be able to write threads about the advantages of buying and holding, averaging down,That will get you a chart in your honour showing the error of your ways:lol:

SPARKY
18-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Anyone watching QPN and if so any opinion on their future. I still hold a few remnant shares of the past.
cheers

STRAT
18-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Anyone watching QPN and if so any opinion on their future. I still hold a few remnant shares of the past.
cheersIm expecting it to rise into the drilling campaign. What happens after that will depend on the results. There are previous posts and a link worth reading on this thread.

Phaedrus
18-11-2010, 08:12 PM
This one is just for you, KW! It is not meant to "show you the error of your ways" so much as demonstrate how TA could enhance your excellent fundamental skills by helping you to time your entries and exits a little better.

The chart depicts a wide range of indicators that all gave entry into ILF at around the same price, even though their respective Buy signals were spread out over a month or more (marked by green arrows). The Bullish Divergence gave clear warning that the downtrend was about to turn, but only the very brave (or very foolish) would act on the basis of that alone. You can see that it was quickly followed by confirmatory signals from other indicators.

I appreciate that you may not want to run as many indicators as this, but even if all you did was utilise trendlines on price and OBV plots your entry timing would benefit. A firm resolve not to buy downtrending stocks would be good!

The current Price and OBV trendlines (both confirmed) will eventually provide sell signals that you may find useful, but I see your problem as being with entries rather than exits.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/ILF1118.gif

STRAT
19-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks Phaedrus.

May I request an update for the MSI? I expect it looks fine or will look fine very soon now that the storm in an Irish Teacup has subsided somewhat.

evilroyrule
19-11-2010, 04:22 PM
ORO.

have watched the buy side fill from approx 4 mil to now 44+ and now outweighing the sell. its interesting to watch. any other voyeurs out there?

ok, getting primed for lift off. lets go.......to the moon. or just down the street.

evilroyrule
19-11-2010, 05:24 PM
up 66%. good volume too.

STRAT
19-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Haha Roy the news aint special. Back to sleep by close I suspect

Jess9
20-11-2010, 09:55 AM
RMS as of Friday breaking out from recent down trend. Could be a goer.

STRAT
20-11-2010, 10:49 AM
RMS as of Friday breaking out from recent down trend. Could be a goer.Hi Jess.
Is there a good fundamental reason for this one to be a goer?

In terms of this thread its already had its day. Id be looking for it to break the recent high rather than using that short term trend line.

Jess9
20-11-2010, 11:57 AM
FA is very good. Lots of JORC oz already...earning 25M NPBT each quarter 2nd mine coming onstream mid 2011. Heaps of cash...something like 80M and low cap...300M?

evilroyrule
22-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Haha Roy the news aint special. Back to sleep by close I suspect

well luckily for both of us you wrong!!!!!!!! now up 100% since first spotted. where to now stratster???

make that 130%!

STRAT
22-11-2010, 01:30 PM
well luckily for both of us you wrong!!!!!!!! now up 100% since first spotted. where to now stratster???

make that 130%!Yup but it did go back to sleep on Friday arvo. Building nicely now. Where to from here? Who knows Roy? Until the reason for this trading becomes evident and fundys put a value on that news its all guess work.

My options have an ex of 0.8c I think so a little more head movement will probably be required before they go to 0.3c

Check out the depth with BKP today. Its gotta blow soon, surely?????

evilroyrule
22-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Yup but it did go back to sleep on Friday arvo. Building nicely now. Where to from here? Who knows Roy? Until the reason for this trading becomes evident and fundys put a value on that news its all guess work.

My options have an ex of 0.8c I think so a little more head movement will probably be required before they go to 0.3c

Check out the depth with BKP today. Its gotta blow soon, surely?????
oro clearly thereis more news to come so ill hold for that.
yep.. you take 3 million at .6 and ill take the rest.

STRAT
22-11-2010, 01:54 PM
oro clearly thereis more news to come so ill hold for that.
yep.. you take 3 million at .6 and ill take the rest.
Haha. If you are up for 5 mill you might as well take all 8 :D

Lego_Man
22-11-2010, 02:55 PM
BKP is a perennial cocktease.

Interested with the action on ORO at the moment though, the Lotto ticket is gaining value by the day.

evilroyrule
22-11-2010, 03:08 PM

Interested with the action on ORO at the moment though, the Lotto ticket is gaining value by the day.

hey legs, i got excluded again from HC for saying stx was ****!! ha ha, glad we are a little more relaxed here. vulgar language apparently.

yep, oro definitely moving towards further upside i reckon. it may just sit for a while, but happy to see that buy side build. your orooa was a good thing. end of this month you cld be sitting on 300%. wish GNOIA wld move its ass.:mellow:

STRAT
22-11-2010, 03:12 PM

Interested with the action on ORO at the moment though, the Lotto ticket is gaining value by the day.Yup but Im up 50% and the Buy column is full. It appears games are being played. An order was just filled at 0.5c while there were bids at 0.6c

At the risk of moving into HC style dribble, dare I say it:eek2:. Theres a capper at work here. LOL:lol:

shasta
22-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Yup but Im up 50% and the Buy column is full. It appears games are being played. An order was just filled at 0.5c while there were bids at 0.6c

At the risk of moving into HC style dribble, dare I say it:eek2:. Theres a capper at work here. LOL:lol:

Careful you'll be banned! :scared:

STRAT
22-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Careful you'll be banned! :scared:haha IMO
All I can say to that is I called the company and I emailed the company. While I cant repeat what they told me or what they wrote in their reply, Im telling you this is your last chance to top up IMO.
IT will never never be this low again. IMO.
This train is leaving the station IMO.
Toot Toot IMO.

Oh and Ive looked at the chart and it tells me the sp will be $5 by Christmas

IMO

evilroyrule
22-11-2010, 04:59 PM
haha IMO
All I can say to that is I called the company and I emailed the company. While I cant repeat what they told me or what they wrote in their reply, Im telling you this is your last chance to top up IMO.
Toot Toot IMO.

IMO

hey! there is nothing wrong with a good toot toot now and then. ask the mrs.
anyway, when the vengabus is leaving the station, you all want to be on it. and, the venga bus has just pulled up outside GNIOA office. and i knw this coz the CEO emailed me to check we were on board. he said there is no party without strat. and i said great, 10 bucks here we come. and he said 10 bucks, christ ill buy yours off you now for that. TOOT TOOT!:mellow:

shasta
22-11-2010, 05:02 PM
haha IMO
Toot Toot IMO.

IMO

I'm putting my life savings on it then, sure thing :)

Thumpa
22-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Yep ..... Agree , GNIOA for the win :) GNI just leaving the station. If you hurry , you can still catch it..... Ummm woot woot or something similar :)

evilroyrule
23-11-2010, 04:48 PM
hey, any of nuse wanna watch me break?

some homeboy just took out 20 mill at .06. boy!

STRAT
23-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Ticker Roy. Givis the bloody Ticker :lol:

evilroyrule
23-11-2010, 04:55 PM
i cant. im special. i forgot. its oro. you know the one i said was getting primed. and you said, no go back to sleep!

you bastard! your orooa now at .03. 200%. good boy!

STRAT
23-11-2010, 05:02 PM
you bastard! your orooa now at .03. 200%. good boy!They are too.:eek2:

On a $200 trade lol but I will take any rise I can get today. Dont like my chances of unloading a million or two though :lol:

evilroyrule
24-11-2010, 05:30 PM
now moving to.08. wrd is an ann. nxt week. but who knws

trackers
25-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Anyone got a real-time chart of YTC? Looks like its breaking out of an ascending triangle to me on good volume but would be interested to hear your guys views. Very exciting news recently (and pending) so could be related to that.

evilroyrule
25-11-2010, 02:52 PM
well up over 100% in a week. and looks like this is still waiting to go mental. sellers really thinning out and still now news. i reckon we cld get to 2. who else is in here with me and strat? orooa up over 200%. :mellow:

Lego_Man
25-11-2010, 02:53 PM
They are too.:eek2:

On a $200 trade lol but I will take any rise I can get today. Dont like my chances of unloading a million or two though :lol:

$1000 for me;)

Helping out my portfolio a tad. Might slap in a sell order for half at 0.004? Must be some good news in the pipeline.

Lego_Man
25-11-2010, 02:55 PM
well up over 100% in a week. and looks like this is still waiting to go mental. sellers really thinning out and still now news. i reckon we cld get to 2. who else is in here with me and strat? orooa up over 200%. :mellow:

If it gets to 2c i'll be all over the place. A tenbagger to offset my EKM fail.

Edit: Oppies lagging massively now...

evilroyrule
25-11-2010, 02:58 PM
yep. really ripping it up now. 1c!

evilroyrule
25-11-2010, 03:04 PM
yes its a bit of light relief. what you reckon is up KW? been massive sustained buying over the course of a week, with no news.

how much are ox paying over there to win the ashes? we need a uk account to punt with. fancy the poms thinking they even have a show!

evilroyrule
25-11-2010, 03:06 PM
oh yeah, its on home boy. there goes 1c!

evilroyrule
25-11-2010, 03:10 PM
ok ill stop now, but 1.2!

scorp57
25-11-2010, 03:18 PM
URA in breakout territory again this week! Cant beleive I am saying this but it is actually looking good! :D

evilroyrule
25-11-2010, 03:21 PM
URA in breakout territory again this week! Cant beleive I am saying this but it is actually looking good! :D

hooray! good on you scorp. you been riding this pony a while

evilroyrule
25-11-2010, 03:29 PM
cant keep up. cfe taken off. might have found 80 mill?

STRAT
25-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I really like this thread :-)

Yes, I am on board too. Toot toot lolIm very pleased to hear that KW

Just got in so I missed the ORO action today.

STRAT
25-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Have no idea what is up roy - this falls into my "play money" basket where I neither know or care anything about the fundamentals. It just looked like fun to trade on TA alone :-)
Lets just hope it doesnt go down as quickly as it went up, and we miss the chance to lock in profits. So what price do you think we should stop loss it?LOL. Thats how you would describe my entire portfolio :D

STRAT
25-11-2010, 04:59 PM
If it gets to 2c i'll be all over the place. A tenbagger to offset my EKM fail.

Edit: Oppies lagging massively now...Hi Lego

Options arent lagging. They are now in the money and should be 0.2 to 0.3 with the heads at 1c.

Dont know where this will go but the options should more or less ride up cent for cent with the heads from here if the rise continues.

evilroyrule
25-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Have no idea what is up roy - this falls into my "play money" basket where I neither know or care anything about the fundamentals. It just looked like fun to trade on TA alone :-)
Lets just hope it doesnt go down as quickly as it went up, and we miss the chance to lock in profits. So what price do you think we should stop loss it?

hmm. well word is that ann. coming re drilling/exploration commencing early. i got a million of these quite cheap, so might sell half if we get to 2 or 3 cents, otherwise stick them away and pray for good results. the thing i have learnt from watching signor fleming is that even with these penny shares, you dont have to be in and out quicker than friday night. i recall his eklm 40 bagger was over 18 months. although it must be said he had studied his fundamentals well. me, im just having fun!

Vegetableman
26-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi all,
Pretty new to this game but I got in @ 0.007 on ORO with some small change. Very much learning the fundamentals but its looking like its going to be a fun ride!

STRAT
26-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi all,
Pretty new to this game but I got in @ 0.007 on ORO with some small change. Very much learning the fundamentals but its looking like its going to be a fun ride!Hi Vegetableman.
This one is moving for reasons yet to be determined.
Likely reasons are
(a) News is on the way
(b) Its being pumped by the underwriter of the last placement.

If its (b) a dump is likely. Tread carefully.

evilroyrule
26-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Vegetableman.
Likely reasons are
(a) News is on the way

agreed. hard to get a handle on, all you can do i guess is watch its behaviour.

steve fleming
26-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi Vegetableman.
Likely reasons are
(a) News is on the way

I totally agree Strat.

It all depends on whether CPS are going to stick around or sell out on the pump.

CPS (and it clients) now control 25% of the register, so it is possible they see some potential with ORO, and will stick around. But ORO have acheived absolutely nothing over the last 2 years, except succesfully diluting its registry from 500m shares to 2b shares, just like its sister company DMN.

Vegetableman
26-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I didn't put much into it, I just thought it would be a good one to learn a few lessons on. Does anyone know what was the reason behind the spike in volume and sp back in 2008?

evilroyrule
26-11-2010, 12:55 PM
getting a wee bit edgy all those xt trades are sells at 1c off screen. anyone else have thoughts? if it is b, seems 1c is where they will dump

STRAT
26-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I didn't put much into it, I just thought it would be a good one to learn a few lessons on. Does anyone know what was the reason behind the spike in volume and sp back in 2008?No. But I can tell you how I would start to look for such info.

Download this free charting program. Learn the basics and use it to see such spikes

http://www.incrediblecharts.com/online_charts/free_download.php

Then go here and click on news that matches the date of the spike

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/quote.aspx?qqeg=AU&qqsc=oro&QuickQuote=Go+%3E%3E

evilroyrule
26-11-2010, 04:27 PM
ok, rightly or wrongly i jumped out at .9 and .8. still over 100% in less than 2 weeks all right. good luck all who remain

STRAT
26-11-2010, 05:05 PM
ok, rightly or wrongly i jumped out at .9 and .8. still over 100% in less than 2 weeks all right. good luck all who remainNot a bad move I think Roy. I sold 2/3 of my options today.

Vegetableman
26-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks Strat, very useful. Looks like it was straight after the commencement of drilling. After today i'm beginning to think you guys may have been right with your predictions.

evilroyrule
29-11-2010, 11:57 AM
we not breakdancing yet, but starting to turn the corner. mr drill/tracks, you able to run your t/a slide over this?:mellow:

percy
29-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I brought some DMNOA just now and note that all the buyers have been taken out.
May be stuff,stuff,instead of toot,toot,!!!!!

drillfix
29-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi ER,

GNIOA will be governed by GNI so cant run a ruler over options, but looking at a chart of the FPO this stock is still in a down trend unless it can break above and hold above 5c.

Its got a few things going for it besides the story which we all know fundamentally is a EKM Nearology play:

GNI Positives
MACD histogram and signal line cross can soon turn positive on good trading.
PSAR has just placed a lower market showing a potential upward movement.
Current candle above the 13ema which has also crossed the 50ema (but still below the 150ema)
RSI over 50
This is also a TH stock pick so no doubt, with news his army will eventually push it through the roof regardless of indicators :P

GNI Negatives.
Still in a downtrend.
OBV now making lower lowers
Still trading below the 150ema
Still awaiting confirmation of MACD histogram and signal line going positive.
Needs to break and hold above 5c to make a new High and drag lower EMA' (13+50) above the 150 (better yet, 200)

Would post a chart but a bit busy atm.

Hope this helps though.

evilroyrule
29-11-2010, 02:01 PM
thanks drilly. very interesting, not least of which is TH has this as a stock. dont knw much about him other than what has been written here. looks like i was premature (cue sniggering). what we need is a higher day on larger volume?

drillfix
29-11-2010, 02:21 PM
looks like i was premature (cue sniggering). what we need is a higher day on larger volume?

cue sniggering? LOL I like your wording ER, never heard it put like that before.

But totally agree, the stock needs some large days of volume along with a convincing break above 5c in which then, the company will have a chance to state its case to hold the price there or, it will dwindle off down the gully as these dogs often do.

evilroyrule
29-11-2010, 02:24 PM
drill, referring to this beauty as a dog is not healtnhy for my investment. i assume your fingers typed out of order G-O-D. this is a ten bagger. save this and put it on the wall. now, some positive ramping if you will!

trackers
29-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi ER,

GNIOA will be governed by GNI so cant run a ruler over options, but looking at a chart of the FPO this stock is still in a down trend unless it can break above and hold above 5c.

Its got a few things going for it besides the story which we all know fundamentally is a EKM Nearology play:

GNI Positives
MACD histogram and signal line cross can soon turn positive on good trading.
PSAR has just placed a lower market showing a potential upward movement.
Current candle above the 13ema which has also crossed the 50ema (but still below the 150ema)
RSI over 50
This is also a TH stock pick so no doubt, with news his army will eventually push it through the roof regardless of indicators :P

GNI Negatives.
Still in a downtrend.
OBV now making lower lowers
Still trading below the 150ema
Still awaiting confirmation of MACD histogram and signal line going positive.
Needs to break and hold above 5c to make a new High and drag lower EMA' (13+50) above the 150 (better yet, 200)

Would post a chart but a bit busy atm.

Hope this helps though.

Agree with Drilly... Looks like it was pumped up prior to TH for cap raising and has slowly drifted down since then. I'm pretty keen on Stochastic Oscillator as my main indicator, and thats showing at the moment that a fall down through 45, then an upturn and I'd be interested

http://iforce.co.nz/i/qxbv5aah.jpg

drillfix
29-11-2010, 03:24 PM
http://iforce.co.nz/i/qxbv5aah.jpg

Cheers for posting some more indicators there Trackers.

Yeah, its tricky charting dog penny stocks as they can be completely unpredictable.

Saying that, I would look also use Phaedrus's tip of looking for the divergence in OBV or a potential break upwards of the OBV to a newer high or upward thrust, but again, woof woof, give me a bone please. Or maybe TH can get on the HC thread and do his thing :P

evilroyrule
29-11-2010, 03:30 PM
thanks fellas. appreciate the chart, but not your woof woof sentiment.:mellow:

yabster
29-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi Drill so having TH on this stock is a positive....;) ? just checking.

no news at the moment so can't see GNI moving until drilling from the likes of Mt Cornell site (next to AUC's intersect results) occurs IMO.
Unsure of their drill programme- anyboby up with that?

evilroyrule
29-11-2010, 03:54 PM

no news at the moment so can't see GNI moving until drilling from the likes of Mt Cornell site (next to AUC's intersect results) occurs IMO.
Unsure of their drill programme- anyboby up with that?

check the news that just came out. didnt set the world on fire.:mellow:

drillfix
29-11-2010, 04:10 PM
but not your woof woof sentiment.:mellow:

lol, Sorry ER, its not meant to be sentiment, its just making comments regarding a penny stock, while they are a penny stock, or if it will continue to be a penny stock.

Hi Yabster,

It is a positive if he talks it up, be it for the day, a week or whatever. As there is a large amount of HC herd that just throw money at anything he mentions (just about). So I guess its positive if you hold and he starts talking the stock up, because you just then kick back for the ride and pick when you want to sell, providing he hasn't mentioned that he has sold.

check the news that just came out. didnt set the world on fire.:mellow:

Nope, no fire, but I see some of the JV partners are trading in the green (CAZ + CZN) except platina (PGM).

Though its good to see on page 3 of the ann, they particularly pointing out the the tenement map with the nearlogy with Electra...LOL

Who knows, not a good ASX day and folks reducing holdings in Penny Stocks to protect themselves it seems.

We have been through the PIGS thing before and with riots in greece, things previously were worst. I guess there may not be a war with N. Korea though so everything seems up in the air.

yabster
29-11-2010, 04:16 PM
maybe not roy- but still alot of drilling to go on the South to South West tenement of Mt Cornell then onto Mt Venn- (holding GNIOA)

evilroyrule
29-11-2010, 04:23 PM
yeah, and it may still be going to heat up. big orders in now. time will tell. good news imo. beats sitting on yuor ass watching them pull gold ouf of the ground across the way at ekm headquarters.

yabster
29-11-2010, 04:28 PM
gotta be in the options to win as SF says! (I have EKMO too- so am happy to see them pull as much gold out of the ground as possible!):D

STRAT
29-11-2010, 05:03 PM

Interested with the action on ORO at the moment though, the Lotto ticket is gaining value by the day.Looks like the tease may be showing some today Lego.

0.8c now and a glimpse at 0.9c during the day.

STRAT
29-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi Colin.
Looks like SMD will be wanting some more of your cash

STRAT
29-11-2010, 05:26 PM
we not breakdancing yet, but starting to turn the corner. mr drill/tracks, you able to run your t/a slide over this?:mellow:Hi Roy. I see Trackers and Drilly have answered this one but you havent given them enough info. Depending on your entry price it could be a hold or a sell I reckon. Either way its about to get interesting.

drillfix
29-11-2010, 05:34 PM
thanks fellas. appreciate the chart, but not your woof woof sentiment.:mellow:

Hi Roy. I see Trackers and Drilly have answered this one but you havent given them enough info. Depending on your entry price it could be a hold or a sell I reckon. Either way its about to get interesting.

This is right strat, some could say "who cares about the chart or the TA" because they may have bought in at 0.001c and then its all up hill.

Agree, things could get interesting. ASX gone green and US futures and Hong Kong all green as well.

Just the way Ireland likes it. GREEN :P

Hey Strat, check this out, I know you like strats but here is a USB gibbo for ya bud:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330488870835&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

:P LOL

STRAT
29-11-2010, 05:42 PM
This is right strat, some could say "who cares about the chart or the TA" because they may have bought in at 0.001c and then its all up hill.

Agree, things could get interesting. ASX gone green and US futures and Hong Kong all green as well.

Just the way Ireland likes it. GREEN :P

Hey Strat, check this out, I know you like strats but here is a USB gibbo for ya bud:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330488870835&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

:P LOLMy fingers might be a bit fat for that neck Drilly. :eek2:

Have a gander at this. Not something you see every day. Including todays fall ( not on the chart ) 2 confirmed trendlines. Up and down :eek2:

drillfix
29-11-2010, 05:53 PM
No worries Strat

Hard to see on that chart of your the oblique resisitance.

The 150ema is at 4.3c so it needs to get above this, hence the previous high of 5c too. Would be good to see some sort of rally for whatever reason just so the overall trend can be kept intack, though PSAR is showing a dot below the current candle perhaps giving a pulse of life which may indicate to some which side of the trade they should be on.

Here is my chart: http://i51.tinypic.com/27zm8hh.png

Comments on previous post reflected.

drillfix
29-11-2010, 06:28 PM
From looking at many stocks, there seems to be some that got totally hammered and others that greened out quite well.

Weird, its like the sky is falling one part of the day, then its all sunny the next part. So I guess my point here is, not all stocks recover the same.

STRAT
04-12-2010, 10:55 AM
BKP in a trading halt. I didnt expect any real action till the New Year but it looks like we might get to find out something early.

COLIN
06-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi Colin.
Looks like SMD will be wanting some more of your cash

Greetings, Strat. With being on a holiday trip my share tracking activity has been rather sporadic of late, so have only just noted your post. Not too much of a discount in that placement, and am pleased to see that the Koreans participated fully. With the name change for EKM/GOR I don't seem to be able to access recent performance data, but I gather they have had a bit of a breather recently - might be a good time to get a piece of them too, once the capital raising terms are known and with the new name highlighting their gold emphasis.

STRAT
06-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Greetings, Strat. With being on a holiday trip my share tracking activity has been rather sporadic of late, so have only just noted your post. Not too much of a discount in that placement, and am pleased to see that the Koreans participated fully. With the name change for EKM/GOR I don't seem to be able to access recent performance data, but I gather they have had a bit of a breather recently - might be a good time to get a piece of them too, once the capital raising terms are known and with the new name highlighting their gold emphasis.Hi Colin. Since then EKM have put their hand out too. Yet to see how much but it will be hard coughing up 30+ for something I bought a few months ago for 14.

Hey BKP is one bag full at close today.

COLIN
06-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Hey BKP is one bag full at close today.

Yes, I was about to congratulate you on that - and to rue the fact that I failed to act on your commendation.

COLIN
06-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Well, the speeding ticket and relative response appear to have put the brakes on SEH, but still a respectable further gain for the day. It may linger in the passing bay for a while, but I expect it to speed up again soon.

Gathering momentum again, Strat. Market seemed to like today's presentation. Technicals remain positive. Glad that this was one of your commendations I did heed!

STRAT
07-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Gathering momentum again, Strat. Market seemed to like today's presentation. Technicals remain positive. Glad that this was one of your commendations I did heed!Dunno about commendations Colin. I prefer to look at em as obsevations. Dont think Im qualified to make recommendations. Its pleasing none the less to not be giving bum steers even if they are only observations :D

STRAT
07-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Bought some of these @ 2.8/2.9 around the trend line break and after a bit of a shove from Oiler.:lol:

Shortly after it gapped up and a failed breakout occured. As of yesterday shes having another crack at it. Longer term it has been on the mend since last year. A push above 4.7 would be a good sign.

For those who believe in such stuff. Looks like a cup n handle thingie is forming on the bottom chart. All it needs is to continue to rise to around 4.7 followed by a drop :D

STRAT
07-12-2010, 12:13 PM
BKP have a rig signed up. That should get things moving

Oiler
07-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Bought some of these @ 2.8/2.9 around the trend line break and after a bit of a shove from Oiler.:lol:

Shortly after it gapped up and a failed breakout occured. As of yesterday shes having another crack at it. Longer term it has been on the mend since last year. A push above 4.7 would be a good sign.

Did I give you a "bit of a shove" ? :cool:

I am sorry, can I take your profits :t_up:

STRAT
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Did I give you a "bit of a shove" ? :cool:

I am sorry, can I take your profits :t_up:Did I say shove?:eek2: OOOps, I meant to say hot tip:drool::drool::drool::drool::laugh::lol:

Nice day today for NWE eh G?

STRAT
09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
breakout MYG todayHi Miss Golden Hair.

Goin alright eh? Looks to have run out of gas today but the run up has played out like this all the way so it might go again.

STRAT
09-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Not delusional at all thank god - ILF off and running today. Smashed through that .08 barrier quite easily this time. Guess third time really is the charm.

If it keeps going I'll be able to write threads about the advantages of buying and holding, averaging down, and fundamentals - instead of cringing in embarrassment at all Phaedrus' posts on TA and kicking myself for not getting out when the charts screamed to do so :-) :-) :-)Might have to put off that book for a bit KW :D. Looks like the 18th last month was the top for now

STRAT
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I think it is still on trend, just not a speedy one :-(

On another note, 2 out of the 5 ING funds are currently subject to take over bids as ING exit Australia (with rumours of a third also in the process), so I wouldnt be surprised to see ILF be on the block too. Its a sitter for the likes of Stockland or FKP to soak up.Yeah. No need for alarm. It does seem to go up a range at a time. In terms of the thread theme a little hard to read.

pago
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
anyone watching thr,ie thor mining
options up 100% today
talk more later
cheers pago

STRAT
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Im expecting it to rise into the drilling campaign. What happens after that will depend on the results. There are previous posts and a link worth reading on this thread.Hi Sparkie.
Time to pay attention on a daily basis. QPN is on the move today.

I expect TSV and TNP will follow to a lesser degree.

upside_umop
10-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Finally BPT and also ADE, which is related to the shale. Up 14% and 37% respectively today.

Edit: Make that 15% and 45%. ADE is yet to announce anything though.

STRAT
10-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Finally BPT and also ADE, which is related to the shale. Up 14% and 37% respectively today.

Edit: Make that 15% and 45%. ADE is yet to announce anything though.Hi Oooomop.
Are you playing the drill or a long suffering share holder?

upside_umop
10-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Haha no not me, not a long suffering s/h.
I've got some shale tied up in WGP, NWE and AWE.
Not really convinced on the east coast shale given the eastern coast gas prices, but I've been told they are looking to convert to LNG which would bring it up a bit. If they get some condensate out, it could change things for me though.
I'll look to add to some WGP/NWE before drilling commences and it will be more of a long term hold. Can't be bothered with taxes at the moment!
You got any shale yet?

STRAT
10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
You got any shale yet?Shale ? Is that some kind of skin disorder? :scared:

Got some NWE but to be honest I wouldnt know if the other oilers I hold are into shale or not.

You know me. Its about what the market thinks and I dont care too much about what it is the market is thinkin about, just whether it likes or not.

shasta
10-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Haha no not me, not a long suffering s/h.
I've got some shale tied up in WGP, NWE and AWE.
Not really convinced on the east coast shale given the eastern coast gas prices, but I've been told they are looking to convert to LNG which would bring it up a bit. If they get some condensate out, it could change things for me though.
I'll look to add to some WGP/NWE before drilling commences and it will be more of a long term hold. Can't be bothered with taxes at the moment!
You got any shale yet?

Keep an eye out for the Armour Energy IPO (being spun out of DGR within the next 6 months, & DGR shareholders get priority entitlement) its a NT shale gas play, targetting 40TCF, with historic gas shows.

I dont know anything about gas up in the Northern Territory, but if Shale Gas is going to take off, this IPO should be popular, may even been worth buying $500 of DGR just to get the entitlement

upside_umop
10-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Keep an eye out for the Armour Energy IPO (being spun out of DGR within the next 6 months, & DGR shareholders get priority entitlement) its a NT shale gas play, targetting 40TCF, with historic gas shows.

I dont know anything about gas up in the Northern Territory, but if Shale Gas is going to take off, this IPO should be popular, may even been worth buying $500 of DGR just to get the entitlement

Cheers Shasta, could definitely be a look. 40TCF is eye water kind of stuff. Being way out in NT, it would be all about the condensate again I'd imagine. Might need some help from those who know a bit about this...cough cough oiler.

COLIN
16-12-2010, 03:00 PM
PPS
And its not even a mining stock! Then again, superannuation is a pot of gold :-)

Think I'll leave that one to the Sheikhs. I don't understand Islamic banking, I'm afraid.

COLIN
16-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Why would you need to understand Islamic banking? PPS sell financial software that manages superannuation accounts.

KW, I was merely making a somewhat tongue-in-cheek reference to last week's announcement that the Islamic Bank of Britain has joined forces with Praemium to launch the UK's only Sharia-compliant retail Discretionary Portfolio Service. I realise that Praemium has an extensive business in the Portfolio Management Services area. But what has "ignited" the sp today? The latest capital issue? Who subscribed?

Overall, company has been a very mediocre performer, for a very long time.

Oiler
19-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Cheers Shasta, could definitely be a look. 40TCF is eye water kind of stuff. Being way out in NT, it would be all about the condensate again I'd imagine. Might need some help from those who know a bit about this...cough cough oiler.

Shasta/UU interesting play alright :cool: If they could prove up 40TCF then what to do with the gas and maybe liquids would be a minor problem. The Batten Trough is much bigger than DGR/Armour have licenses for. Approvals can be given very quickly for pipelines/gas plants in Australia.

I will "ask" around on this one. Looks well worth the $500 punt.

STRAT
21-12-2010, 01:49 PM
ADD lookin interesting today. Hard to get some now though. Theres still next to none for sale

trackers
21-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Guess thats one thing about Xmas ey Strat? A lot of shares drift on low volume, but some microcaps with small buy or sell sides can make huge moves

sheepy
21-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Havnt posted for awhile being hanging out on Hc. On to an intreasting play at the moment. Lmg. I think its on the verge of a re rating. Small Market cap of 16.9million. They dont think they will have to raise anymore capital. Top 50 investors sitting on shares. Starting to get a bit of attention, got this one of TH. He has his finger on the pulse thats for sure. Magnesium and gold, amongst other elements. Being sitting on 2.5 for awhile, last 3 days its picked up to 2.9.

COLIN
21-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Havnt posted for awhile being hanging out on Hc. On to an intreasting play at the moment. Lmg. I think its on the verge of a re rating. Small Market cap of 16.9million. They dont think they will have to raise anymore capital. Top 50 investors sitting on shares. Starting to get a bit of attention, got this one of TH. He has his finger on the pulse thats for sure. Magnesium and gold, amongst other elements. Being sitting on 2.5 for awhile, last 3 days its picked up to 2.9.

Welcome back, Sheepy. And that's my 700k purchase just gone through! My normal TA indicators gave me some good positive vibes, so I went for it. As Shakespeare said: "There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune!" I hope this is one of those tides!
Cheers - and keep on turning up these promising plays. (Or should I wait a while before heaping thanks on you!)

sheepy
21-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I got in for 230,000 at an average of 2.55 so im happy enough. Buyers building. All set for the action, see you at 10 cents. I just hooked up to direct broking, way better than using a broker, flying by the seat of my pants now, Gsc is another one that iv being dabbling in. Star studded board, copper in peru, or chille. Jumped 40% on friday. So I sold, waiting for another entry, drilling results due soon so hoping I get back in before that happens. I pinched sdu and gni from steven fleming and drillfix, so it goes around, Hoping to get the charger back on the road thanks to Lmg, Merry christmas all

Jess9
22-12-2010, 10:06 PM
ADD lookin interesting today. Hard to get some now though. Theres still next to none for sale

Hi Strat. The only thing to also note is the recent cap raise at 2c? lots of new shares out there...plus some options?

STRAT
23-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Hi Strat. The only thing to also note is the recent cap raise at 2c? lots of new shares out there...plus some options?I already have a few of these Jess and was aware of that but thanks in any case. The cap rasing IMO was deliberately arranged to avoid shareholders taking up the offer. Although this annoyed at the time its probably a good sign.

gazprom1
23-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I already have a few of these Jess and was aware of that but thanks in any case. The cap rasing IMO was deliberately arranged to avoid shareholders taking up the offer. Although this annoyed at the time its probably a good sign.

Hey Strat,

You are dead right. From memory I recall that only around 9 or 10% of the rights issue was taken up by S/H's. The rest went to the "underwriter" and few extra to "others". So a fair portion of the new shares will not appear on the market for sometime. More shares will be available for sale as the price rises IMO.

I tend to agree with you Strat re the raising. There was very little time to get your forms/money to them by the time we received the documentation. Couried mine to Perth. Also, they did not allow us to participate in the shortfall - a sure sign they don't want you to back up the truck.

IF, and it is an IF, they settle the Tapan deal and start producing then the SP could move much higher from these levels IMO. I believe that "insiders" were behind the SP move from 2 cents to 2.5-2.8 cents straight after the cap raising.

Awaiting more news...

Gazprom

Discl. Hold

whatsup
23-12-2010, 01:03 PM

LMG on the up today .034 and rising on good volumn.

evilroyrule
29-12-2010, 03:12 PM
LMG on the up today .034 and rising on good volumn.

hi everyone, might be a bit late. who knws anything about leg??? near sdl????:mellow:

sheepy
29-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Looking like metminco is about to run. First of the drilling results due early january. South America sounds like the place to put your money. Empire has started to move. Up 25% today. Maybe a little bird knows some good news. Was planning to get some of this next payday. Bugger.

STRAT
30-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Did anyone else take a punt on BKP?

1.1c close yesterday :D

Entrep
30-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Interested to know if anyone is following/holding LEG? Has roughly doubled in price already, but many comparisons being made to SDL etc. Could have more to run?

STRAT
30-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Interested to know if anyone is following/holding LEG? Has roughly doubled in price already, but many comparisons being made to SDL etc. Could have more to run?
Hi Entrep. What makes you think it has more left in it? In terms of this thread its not what Im lookin for.

STRAT
04-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Looks like Im on my own with BKP. Hit 1.8 this morning and Im getting itchy feet. Had a look around the other sites for some goss. Not a lot out there but the usual dribble found on HC when a stock is breaking out is oozing out at full speed. Usually a sign to let some go.

drillfix
04-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Ain't that the way there Strat, just another HC pump as you could say. It rains pumps on that place.

Should specialise in trading the crowd rather than stocks, probably more profitable ehh~!

Melchett
04-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Just like director Collin Vost - 4,500,000

Great minds think alike.. ?!

STRAT
04-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Ain't that the way there Strat, just another HC pump as you could say. It rains pumps on that place.

Should specialise in trading the crowd rather than stocks, probably more profitable ehh~!Hey Drilly and Happy New Year to ya.
Trade the crowd you reckon? Isnt that more or less what we ( TA ) do already? :D

drillfix
04-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Hey Drilly and Happy New Year to ya.
Trade the crowd you reckon? Isnt that more or less what we ( TA ) do already? :D

Well pretty much, though guess it depends on the stock really.

Happy Nyear to you too mate, how did you go, did you have a good one? And any spare NZ gals floating around over there? lol

STRAT
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Hmmm. BKP in a Trading Halt.

No reason offered and it took the ASX about 10 minutes or more to ponder over the release. Something unexpected is up here.

STRAT
04-01-2011, 03:07 PM
AVB is on the move today on largish volume.

gazprom1
04-01-2011, 04:16 PM
AKK up 20% today...one of my picks for the 2011 comp!!! The VERY bad news is that I do not own any....chose DGR instead.

drillfix
04-01-2011, 04:20 PM
AKK up 20% today...one of my picks for the 2011 comp!!! The VERY bad news is that I do not own any....chose DGR instead.

Hi Gaz, and Happy Nyear to you too.

Yikes mate, perhaps it may come back for some relief for a 2nd chance maybe?

Seems to be quite a few stocks on the march atm. Have taken small positions in NTU, GBE and ZYL today also, will see what happens.

Hope your keeping well :)

gazprom1
04-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Hey DF,

Happy New Year to you. I hope 2011 is an exellent one for you on all fronts. I hope AKK gives me a second chance....

Good luck on your purchases. It is going to be an interesting 1st quarter...

Gaz

STRAT
04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Looks like BKP got a speeding ticket and had to pull a trading halt because of possible leaked info being the cause of the recent SP movement . If this turns out to be so its got to be an endorsement to the theme behind this thread I reckon. Im a bit excited now:scared:

On that note it looks like AVB and TEX are due some news soon lol :lol:

STRAT
05-01-2011, 12:25 PM
BKP off like a speeding train this morning. Toot Toot ( That was just for you Roy :D )

let 1/4 go so insurance policy is in place

gazprom1
05-01-2011, 03:11 PM
BKP off like a speeding train this morning. Toot Toot ( That was just for you Roy :D )

let 1/4 go so insurance policy is in place

Well done Strat...I looked at it when you first wrote about it but just didn't do it for me. Great investment!!!

AKK up another 10% today on top of y'day's 20%....still not in!!

Gaz

STRAT
05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Well done Strat...I looked at it when you first wrote about it but just didn't do it for me. Great investment!!!

AKK up another 10% today on top of y'day's 20%....still not in!!

GazHi Gaz,
Well, It was hardly a safe bet and calling it an investment might be a bit rich but a nice trade eh?.

These plays always feel so much better when youve taken your initial investment. Strike that. Initial purchase money back.

OROOA and TEXOB fits in to that game plan too.

Just to see how far it will go now but I plan to pull it before the drill hits dust.

What not to do with free carry is what I did with my left over SBN lol. Itd cost me more to sell em than Id get for em

Jay
05-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey Strat, well done

Got in a bit later than you, but nearly at 100%

May have missed it but when is the drill results due about?

STRAT
05-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey Strat, well done

Got in a bit later than you, but nearly at 100%

May have missed it but when is the drill results due about?Hi Jay. Drilling to start in March I think. ( best check that though )
Is to be a horizontal drill which I believe is a bit of a trick so getting a rig and a crew will be the next milestone. This is a fairly prospective bit of dirt but as you probably know with Oilers a 1 in 5 chance is considered good which is one reason why I have moved away from Oil explorers and leaning towards miners again. Im not sure what the chances are with this one. Perhaps one of our Oil people can add something.

For me this a BESBS

COLIN
05-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Hi Jay. Drilling to start in March I think. ( best check that though )
Is to be a horizontal drill which I believe is a bit of a trick so getting a rig and a crew will be the next milestone. This is a fairly prospective bit of dirt but as you probably know with Oilers a 1 in 5 chance is considered good which is one reason why I have moved away from Oil explorers and leaning towards miners again. Im not sure what the chances are with this one. Perhaps one of our Oil people can add something.

For me this a BESBS

I regret not acting on your alert on this one, Strat. Just couldn't bring myself to take the plunge. As I understand it, this "fracing" procedure - which apparently is what is being done in the Bakken in the US of A - is a highly risky one, but congratulations on your gains to date.

Having missed out on BKP, perhaps I had better take a closer interest in TSV, to show that I have learned my lesson! But, again, I have reservations - it seems to be a low-traded stock. But I will keep it in close view.

STRAT
05-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I regret not acting on your alert on this one, Strat. Just couldn't bring myself to take the plunge. As I understand it, this "fracing" procedure - which apparently is what is being done in the Bakken in the US of A - is a highly risky one, but congratulations on your gains to date.

Having missed out on BKP, perhaps I had better take a closer interest in TSV, to show that I have learned my lesson! But, again, I have reservations - it seems to be a low-traded stock. But I will keep it in close view.Hi Colin.

Regarding TSV. There are three companies in that drill and TSV stands to benefit the least. For a BESBS play on that drill QPN will be a better bet I reckon but if its a duster and lets face it most of em are. TSV will be the only one left standing because they have Warro ( not sure about spelling here )
Trackers and Xerof would be your men as to the value in that. All risky stuff though eh?

Oh, and I havent entered any of them.

Correction. Im not in any of em.

Ive been in TSV 3 times and lost a few bucks every time lol:blush::lol::blush:

trackers
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey Strat :) Happy new years

I reckon Warro will be a goer one day. Problem is, the main driver is Alcoa who aren't in a hurry.. and TSV management are dreadful (my opinion, basically stemming from them achieving zero in a year). Will probably take off again one day but risk/reward doesn't quite make it investment worthy for me anymore (post Warro-1)

STRAT
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Happy New Year to you too Trackers.
I just read today the NWE party at Bermudas has been moved to Feb. Will have a crack at getting down for it. The previous date was out for me.

For Colin regarding TSV. What do you reckon its worth right now with only Warrro and a free carry in a dry hole? lol

Jay
06-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi Jay. Drilling to start in March I think. ( best check that though )

For me this a BESBS

Thanks Strat
BESBS play as well
Think I will look to sell some shortly as well and keep a closer eye on it over the coming weeks.
As you mention no point selling to get your initial outlay back to watch the balance reduce to zero or close to it

STRAT
06-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks Strat
BESBS play as well
Think I will look to sell some shortly as well and keep a closer eye on it over the coming weeks.
As you mention no point selling to get your initial outlay back to watch the balance reduce to zero or close to itHi Jay. Dont take your eye off the ball now its on the move. That goes for most things in this thread.
I will be watching BKP like a hawk today.

What was your entry price?

STRAT
06-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Heres one of Steves that is showing signs of life.
Depth is padding up too.

SLT

STRAT
06-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Heres one of Steves that is showing signs of life.
Depth is padding up too.

SLTI see there is a bid @ 7c this morning lol. Thats 10 x market price. Gotta be careful with those decimal points eh?

I think I may have been a bit slow posting that chart. Looks like it might go off today.

Anna Naum
06-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I see there is a bid @ 7c this morning lol. Thats 10 x market price. Gotta be careful with those decimal points eh?

I think I may have been a bit slow posting that chart. Looks like it might go off today.

Opened at .008c!!