PDA

View Full Version : Directors fee increase-VCT, AIA, CEN etc

Jim
09-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Do you think that directors in a monopoly business deserve an increase when the company they are running are not making as much as the year before. I remember the sage Warren Buffet said once that it does not require a top brain to run a monopoly. Do you think those directors deserve to get an increase ??

percy
09-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Do you think that directors in a monopoly business deserve an increase when the company they are running are not making as much as the year before. I remember the sage Warren Buffet said once that it does not require a top brain to run a monopoly. Do you think those directors deserve to get an increase ??

No I do not hold VCT,however I will be voting against the increase with my AIA,and I am going to CEN agm to vote against everything.
I am happy with the increase at EBO.I stood up and questioned increase at PPG agm.Caught the chairman flat footed.As it turned out the directors should not have been paid anything!! Hopeless.
I note Brian Gaynor had anarticle on it in this morning's NZ Herald.

Sideshow Bob
09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Jim, what are the current/new levels of directors fees for the respective companies???

Lawso
10-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't always agree with the NZ Shareholders Assn - in fact I recently resigned from it - but their comments on AIA are right on the button. You should be able to read it on www.sharechat.co.nz/blog/airport-seeks-to-fly-high/