PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Windfarms (NWF)

Gekko
26-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Has anyone else been looking at this stock? Currently trading down due to low wholesale power prices, where they sell all of their electricity.

They are just in the process of completing their first wind farm, (Te Rere Hau Wind Farm) and I'm no expert but could they benefit from the carbon credit scheme coming into action? Something they cannot put in their financial statements yet anyway

Kees
26-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Here is some light reading before you invest,http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/02/wind_energys_ghosts_1.html

flyingfox
26-10-2010, 03:35 PM
those abandoned ones mentioned in above article were build in 80s, technology today must be improved i believe?
well I'm not expert too, just watching this share..

peat
26-10-2010, 03:35 PM
bit of a stretch relating that article to NWF surely
esp if there are no subsidies in NZ.

Kees
26-10-2010, 03:56 PM
no subsidies in NZ.not direct anyway power comp just rip you off to pay for them.

kiora
26-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Gekko NZ Windfarms do generate C credits.There is nothing wrong with the concept IMHO just look at Denmark where over 20 % of their power is from wind turbines .Here is a link to Wikepedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Denmark
NWF has supposedly sorted out the issues with the NZ turbines and guarantees are in place.There is a new CEO on board that is supposedly able to sort out the issues and get the rest of the turbines up and running.They have also purchased the land the turbines are sighted,rather than lease it.Palmerston North Regional Council have tryed to limit the noise recently that is the most likely cause of the recent selling and share price drop.
There are some reasonably large shareholdings in NWF by Vector,ACC and AMP.
There is plenty of upside in NWF IMHO with a 20 % ROI IF they can get the rest of the turbines up and running.They are due to be all installed by Aug ? next year and have the cash to complete the project

Plenty of ifs and buts but upside if patient?????

kiwimark
17-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Speaking of wholesale prices - improved remarkably the last 2 weeks, possibly due the the drought warnings. Lets hope these prices continue.

Blendy
09-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Just noticed that someone has loaded a crazy sell order for 50c, so I thought 'that sounds ridiculous, but ok, I'll try selling mine for 40c'. The order was rejected for being far too much off the market (of course!). When I queried how the 50c sell order was allowed, ASB Securities said that seller requested special permission from NZX to be able to list at this price. Why would that be?

kiwimark
12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
That is a bit weird. And for only 20,000 shares. Yeah if I got 40c id be over the moon haha. Have no idea why someone would do that. But hope the wholesale electricity price picks up - Im sick of the share price sinking!

Just noticed that someone has loaded a crazy sell order for 50c, so I thought 'that sounds ridiculous, but ok, I'll try selling mine for 40c'. The order was rejected for being far too much off the market (of course!). When I queried how the 50c sell order was allowed, ASB Securities said that seller requested special permission from NZX to be able to list at this price. Why would that be?

ohpark0119
03-03-2018, 12:21 AM
anyone alive?

Elles
03-03-2018, 12:43 AM
anyone alive?

Try this thread: https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?2947-NZ-Windfarms-IPO&highlight=Nwf