PDA

View Full Version : Hazelwood Resources - HAZ

bull....
26-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Looks like this one beens overlooked by the market , sits in the rare earth sector , building a ferrotungsten plant in veitnam , worth a look.

STRAT
26-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi Bull.
I like the chart and the fact it hasnt run yet.

What do you make of that 1.5 mill ( $300k ) purchase just before close yesterday?

Someone extreeeemely keen or just paper shuffling?

bull....
26-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Hi Bull.
I like the chart and the fact it hasnt run yet.

What do you make of that 1.5 mill ( $300k ) purchase just before close yesterday?

Someone extreeeemely keen or just paper shuffling?
Hi Strat
Think their was a bit of stock overhang around 20c so if you wanted to get your hands on a bit (tightly held) it was available.
I like the fact the ferrotungsten price continues to rise , if this continues they may have a valid case for stage 2 in veitnam - hartleys research report in May stated they didnt think this would happen but considering price increases since then they have changed their mind?
I also think a BFS is due in Dec so company may offer more insight into this.
www.hazelwood.com.au - broker research

STRAT
26-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks for that Bull. I will take a look today

bull....
29-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Fair bit of volume going thru compared to normal a break above 22 may set us up for a retest of 30

bull....
02-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Testing the 22c , bollingers spreading their legs always a good sign.

bull....
03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Breaking out , I see ferro tungsten prices are soaring of late back toward historical highs on more chinese tightening of supply.

drillfix
11-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Breaking out , I see ferro tungsten prices are soaring of late back toward historical highs on more chinese tightening of supply.

Hi Bull,

Seems there is little noise about this stock sounds good and I believe in due time it should climb back to new highs as the FA unfolds in the upcoming months.

You seem to be on your own here posting, no other holders here? Good to see Strat here keeping ya company, as always good stuff Strat :)

drillfix
11-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey Bull, looks like it may be sooner than later as it appears something is up with ie: price action, be it a gradual move.

The sector perhaps.

bull....
11-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey Drill,
Big bar after correction ,
This is extremly bullish action today.

London 09 November 2010 16:26

Tungsten buyers will be arriving at MB's 26th Ferro-alloys Conference in Berlin next week with a certain measure of apprehension as they face the prospect of record high prices and diminishing supply, after China again slashed its export quota in a market that offers few alternative sources. Ammonium paratungstate (APT) prices have reached $280-286 per mtu in Europe, while ferro-tungsten is now trading at $36-37.50 per kg. Both prices are approaching record highs, with APT peaking at $285-295 per mtu in Europe in July 2005, and ferro-tungsten reaching $40-42 per kg in March 2008. But when those high prices were reached, a swift pullback followed as market participants came to realise that prices had been overdone. This time, there is no such feeling and prices are high because the market is fundamentally tight, buyers and sellers said. "The fundamentals are the reason prices are going up," a trader said.

Saw this on HC.

drillfix
11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Yep, things are looking pretty good there.

Of course, there always seems to be a shake out here and there to get rid of the stragglers.

Strong finish maybe?

drillfix
17-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Hey Bull,

Considering the thrashing of markets today, Hazelwood appears to be holding up quite well and IMO, gives me the impression that it wants to go for a run again.

Or it seems nobody wants to sell below a certain point because they know the buyers are willing to step in to grab volume 1 -2c higher when it appears.

As always, time tells the story, but considering some of the fundamentals, I think we will get the run in the near distant future.

Any other S traders holding this one, or is it only me and Bull ? :ohmy: ahh well :t_up: dont read later and say we never told :p

drillfix
23-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey Bull, you still there and are you still holding?

Wonder when the Hazelwood are going to issue some updates to the Mr.Market as there has been No News for the whole month of November.

Whats your thoughts there Bull?

Or anyone else? Come and say gday there people :)

gazprom1
23-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey DF,

I am just saying gidday as don't follow the shares at all.....hope they treat you well though!!!

Are you trading much?? The markets have enjoyed a nice ride although the volatility has increased the past few days. I am not that enthused about Mr Market in the near term.

Don't have a lot of news - Holding about 9% of my portfolio in AMU and they are evaluation offers for some of its assets so hoping for a good result there. Have traded MDS, NWE, ARV the past week or so for nice profits. BUR is okish although would like to see it trading a little higher than it is given the positive news flow. Concerned about ADD as cap raising - mainly underwritten but not supported by general SH's.

Take care DF,

Gaz

drillfix
23-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Gaz, great to see ya as always and good to hear you locking in some profits too :)

Not trading very much really, holding a couple of stocks and doing the occasional day trade or scalp here and there.
Can't really say I am trading exceptionally well for that matter so finding things a little tough atm as I seem to have missed many boats.

Now that XAO is at 4676 , I agree about the current status of markets, though looking for a bounce for the XAO around 4,634 or around the 200ma at 4,615 OR if things come to worst then at a 23.6% FIB line at 4,577 Hope it dont get to that though as we really dont want to start watching EMA's crossing prior any potential fall there.

No doubt I would be expecting a couple more red days prior to what could be a hopeful strong run up to support a December Rally and wait for the yanks to eat their Turkeys while the Irish get over their debt situation with a few pints, barrels, tankers of Guinness :P

Hope all is good and that you and the family are keeping well.

Cheers for now :)

bull....
24-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Drill , sold 80% mine last week , that bullish candle didnt follow thru so bit disappointing but still ahead as entry was 20c.
will see what happens with their plant and may top up again if pans out as retain a small holding.

drillfix
30-11-2010, 06:48 PM
No worries Bull, and understandable really. Good that you still hold a small parcel still I reckon. Thats all I hold, small but significant amount, but wish I could buy some more at the previous falls.

For all the other readers out there whom are not really interested in Ferrotungsten and cant be bothered reading their ann, here is a brief for you to read should you choose to diversify something other than oil.

Hazelwoods day will come I reckon, each day is a day closer to something better :)

HAZ Quarterly Activities Summary - 29 Oct 2010

Construction activities continued at Hazelwood’s majority owned ATC Ferrotungsten Project in Vietnam. Production is scheduled for the March quarter of 2011.

The maximum capacity of Stage 1 of the ferrotungsten plant has been revised upwards to 4,000 tonnes per annum of ferrotungsten Details (at 75% tungsten content). This will be the largest ferrotungsten plant outside of China.

The ferrotungsten price has experienced recent strong recovery to levels approaching historical highs. The price now properly reflects the increased cost of tungsten feedstock, resumption of buying by end users and tight supply of ferrotungsten.

Some construction delays have been experienced due to heavy rainfall, however the main plant buildings are still expected to be complete towards the end of the year.

The Company is close to finalising offtake and distribution agreements for its product. First orders for feedstock and inventories for the plant are anticipated to be placed towards the end of 2010.

The allocation of resources to Vietnam has required revisions to the schedule for the definitive feasibility study (DFS) for the Big Hill Tungsten Deposit. The DFS is planned to extend into the first calendar half of 2011.

Hazelwood completed its acquisition of a 70% interest in the Mt Mulgine Tungsten Project in the mid-west of Western Australia. A team of technical personnel continued with the validation of substantial historic data sets including archived drill core.

The data validation program at Mt Mulgine is expected to allow the estimation and reporting of a Mineral Resource that can be re-ported in accordance with the JORC guidelines. Historic estimates
Directors for the project suggest significant scale.

Exploration drilling at the Copper Gorge Joint Venture (GIR 30%) intersected copper mineralisation up to 0.5% Cu coinciding with an electromagnetic anomaly. The results warrant further exploration drilling of the numerous geophysical anomalies at the prospect.

Quoted Ordinary Fully Paid Shares 229,455,356

drillfix
02-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Another bit of movement on this one folks.

some divergence on the MACD histogram, and once we pop above the 13ema I would expect a potential reversal with all the ema's nicely stretching a part.

Also expecting Parabolic Sar to show up tomorrow signalling which side of the trade to be on and a strengthening RSI, so look for the break on that line.

Adding to the above, a higher low and now set to hopefully make a higher high. Like many stocks just need global markets to also remain stable.

Although I am speaking to myself, again I welcome all comments regarding the sector, the stock or the chart.

Quick daily HAZ chart showing realtime data taken from midday:

http://i53.tinypic.com/3026xsk.png

Click to open in new browser.

Waye
02-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Nice Charts Dx

can i ask the source for these charts?
are broker provided?

ILU upwards
Holding HAZ

drillfix
02-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi Waye,

Welcome to ST mate and good to see a fellow Hazelwood holder.

Chart is from my platform at IB that I use.

Its not too bad but takes a bit to get used to, but the preferences of configuring some of it is a head trip at times because there are so many instruments that it takes a bit of work to sort out why type of template to use or not use, but most of the time we get in a hurry and just run with a few of the defaults on some things. (as in I am a white background type of chart guy usually).

What I do like about it though, it provides a feature called chart trader whereby you can just buy/sell/set alerts directly from these charts, so its pretty handy.

The actual design of it is a little rough IMO though, as I prefer to use to use ProRealtime, but they now dont offer ASX data live though I still do so for EOD charting and forecasting later in the evenings.

So there you have it, Interactive Brokers and TWS is the platform (traders workstation).

Hope this helps and hope to read plenty more posts Waye.
Cheers :)

drillfix
03-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey WAYE,

You still there mate? Or are you a casual visitor here to sharetrader?

Looks like somebody doing some off market trades with HAZ but dont quite want to pay up for it yet.

MACD signal line on the previous chart is moving closer to a crossover as is the Histogram.

RSI has broken its oblique resistance and the EMA's are stacking up quite well.

Could this be the start of the next run of the new big move up?

Who knows, but stay tuned folks as will keep you fully updated here on Channel HAZ :)

bull....
03-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Nice jump today , looks like some serious tree shaking done last week odd

drillfix
03-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi Bull, good to see ya again.

Yeah, appears there are quite a few cross trades going on in the background compared to non crossed.

Who knows, but all in good time, it will get there.

drillfix
03-12-2010, 05:14 PM
It must be Friday hey, yet another Fizzer, back to 21-2c yet again.

Thats the thing about these investing type stocks, buy and hold, a slow tedious process some times yet sometimes completely clashes with ones trading style ..lol

drillfix
10-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Hey Bull,

Spoke to a mate who apparently emailed the company and has been advised an update will be out soon regarding construction.

Dont really expect this to move much till early next year as it appears to be in sleep mode, though seems like some interest coming and going randomly, as it appears someone wants a stake in the co, but at 20c.

This must be one of the least ramped stocks out there, as there is little news, let alone folks taking much interest in it.

Guess that will all change once the project is running at the end of the 1st Quarter and more broker presentations and PR is done by the company.

Hope your keeping well.

drillfix
10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Well, looking at the dumping today on hazelwood does not give me confidence.

So much for "news on the way" as there seems to be an endless roadblock of sellers on this stock.

Thinking, maybe I better just lick my wounds on this one and move on. But then without a doubt the stock would bolt right? Right~! lol

Phaedrus
10-12-2010, 02:47 PM
11/11/10. This stock sounds good and I believe in due time it should climb back to new highs as the FA unfolds in the upcoming months.It was quite a shock for me to read that comment Drillfix - I thought you were a TA type of guy! Technically, of course, the outlook was quite the reverse. On the day you posted this, HZN made a Bearish Divergence, having already fired off multiple Sell signals in the previous few days. (see Red arrows on chart).

23/11/10. Finding things a little tough atm as I seem to have missed many boats.Do you have a written trading plan Drilly? If so, are you keeping to it? I get the distinct impression that you are torn between multiple trading systems - part TA day-trader, part longterm FA investor, part swing trader. Unless you are very clear as to your aims and objectives it is all too easy to "fall between 2 stools" and end up using techniques that are inappropriate for the timeframe you are trading.

2/12/10. Another bit of movement on this one folks, some divergence on the MACD histogramThe MACD had given a SELL signal over 2 weeks before this, and was still nowhere near indicating a buy.

2/12/10. Once we pop above the 13ema I would expect a potential reversal...A 13 day ema is a particularly poorly performing indicator to use with this stock. Over the last 4 years, it has signalled just 9 winning trades........ and 85 losing trades, losing 94% of initial capital.

2/12/10. Also expecting Parabolic Sar to show up tomorrow signalling which side of the trade to be on. The SAR signalled which side of the trade to be on when it triggered a SELL on 9/11/10. It is still nowhere near signalling a Buy.

3/12/10. MACD signal line on the previous chart is moving closer to a crossover as is the Histogram. Perhaps, but no buy signal has been triggered since the mid-November SELL signal. While the MACD has signalled 2 reasonably good signals over the chart period shown here, back-testing tells us that it gave 7 profitable trades versus 25 losing trades over the last 4 years, losing over 40% of capital over this period.

All indicators are shown using their default parameters. I don't use SAR or MACD indicators Drillfix, but I know that you do, so I have included them here. Given your extensive use of charts, I am surprised that you are currently holding this stock.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/HAZ1210.gif

drillfix
10-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Phaedrus, what I can say except Agreed, Busted, yes I fu#ed up or tripped myself up and missed it.

There are no excuses here, and I guess I have "fallen between the stools" so to speak, and yes bit of a transition been happening here.

Its stuff like this that I worry about myself at times, but every trader, sometime, somewhere does it. We get it wrong and admitting we are wrong is the first step to getting it right (hopefully more often than not).

Fortunately my position in this stock is small but its the thought that counts right.

Great commentary by the way, thanks mate :)

drillfix
10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Phaedrus, on another matter, I was wondering if you could assist me here.

With another charting platform I use (prorealtime) they have a scanner I also use and I wish to code some type of divergence detection either on RSI or OBV with falling or rising price.

Could you assist with this should time permit?

(I am not asking now because you also have pointed this out, I had been for the past couple of weeks trying to throw one together).

PM me if you can or cannot if you wish. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Phaedrus
10-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I am not familiar with creating scans on ProRealTime, but you have several options :-
(1) Tutorial videos are provided showing how to write code for your own screens or you can download the "Proscreener Programming Guide".
(2) The website offers programming assistance - they will code screeners for you, free.
(3) Using their ProScreener it is possible to create new scans solely from dropdown menus - no coding expertise is required.
(4) Other users often share their screener codes - perhaps someone has already done this one.

Re mistakes. As you rightly say "admitting we are wrong is the first step" but if we stop there, the lesson is wasted. You need to be very clear as to exactly what the mistake was. Then you need to ascertain the cause or causes of the mistake. Then you need to devise a preventative stratagem. Then you need to incorporate that into your plan such that you will not repeat that same mistake again.

It could be that you had a sound plan, but failed to follow it. Maybe you used inappropriate indicators or parameters. It could be that you had no plan. Do you have a written trading plan Drillie? It really is important to have one, if for no other reason than, win or lose, you know what you did and why you did it. If you find a flaw in your plan, the problem can be addressed. Not every trade is a winner, of course, but if you have a sound system and stick to it, you will do alright.

drillfix
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks again Phaedrus, yes I will submit a request to pro-realtime, although as now I am only using EOD data they give priority to the realtime user requests initially, but cant be long now.

I also did try using the self coding module but after completing it, it would never work or sometimes freeze which I thought was weird, I then thought I coded it wrong and deleted it.

NinjaTrader also has a few free divergence detection scripts that seem to work, but only on single or manually entered stocks, it does not scan. And to be honest, NT is not IMO very good for either Portfolio or generally adding ASX stocks in at random. Whereby you must not only manually each time add it to the program, but set up the preferences each time for each code. Meaning you cannot have a custom global setting for one particular Exchanges parameters for all those stocks added, or so it seems.

With regards to making mistakes, well I understand completely what your saying and no I do not have a written plan, although I have much written to remind and guide me, actually I have lots of things, but I do have a set of guidelines, which I do my best to adhere to.

As it stands to the reasons why I entered this stock/trade and the duration expected, this particular trade on this particular stock is not yet over. Meaning I am fully aware that I never entered this trade/stock as a short term trade to now change my mind and be a long term holder. I knew it was a medium term trade and to review developments of the company once they move closer to production, but that also does not mean I will not exit the stock if and when my threshold becomes breeched, or in not so many words, Yes, I have an exit plan.

I know your going to ask, why hold onto a losing trade, why not cut your losses and run?
The answer to that is, the losses atm do not trigger me to sell and when or should it does, then I will. I also believe the FA will on this particular trade will turn things around, but things atm are going no where, not too far up, or down.

Both TA and FA should go in hand in hand though, and on this particular occasion the TA is telling me one thing and the FA is telling me something else. One could also say you should not use both, but when it comes to Penny Stocks like these, as you know, not all penny stocks chart very well at the best of times because suddenly the FA of the company can change the TA of the chart quite quickly.

You are now probably wondering, am I a Fundamental Investor on this one, well yes I am, and re-learning patience, which is a very testing thing for me.

Waye
17-03-2011, 01:05 PM
HAZ Taking a breather,
giving it some air.

drillfix
17-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi Waye,

Mate, HAZ has been taking a breather ever since I bought into this stock

Dont get me wrong, there is stacks of good fundamentals, but I am concerned with the management of this Mob.

Meaning, throwing away money on garbage projects up North QLD which were potentially going to offer short term supply, which was all bollocks and ended up costing Shareholders a couple of Million or something.

What kind of management does that? Throws money away, or negotiates in such away so that it becomes at a complete loss.

Sure construction is moving forward but I dont believe the management have what it takes, and neither does a capper who continually dumps and surpresses the shareprice around 22c every time there is a potential rally.

Where are the goods and when will they deliver? Here is a tip, if there are delays, if there are problems or if there is anything wrong what so ever announced, do yourself a favour, and get out. Why? Because, if the guys running the show cant manage this company how it should be managed then they should not be in the job, or perhaps they should get proven management who can run it, continually add success and meet deadlines, all the time, not just some times.

Good luck with that.